What the fuck did I just witness?

What the fuck did I just witness?

Attached: JPEG-Promo-59.jpg (640x360, 84K)

pseudo intellectualism on deep meanings

Shinji choking a bitch.

The Illuminati using ancient alien technology to transform mankind into a gestalt consciousness, with two people choosing not to join in, because reasons. Pretty straightforward really.

Oh thanks I get it now

Attached: 1375302538029.jpg (5000x1429, 3.01M)

the best love story of all time

Attached: vcsv9Bu.png (452x327, 69K)

I got everything up until the last scene, so that right half of the image was unironically helpful

Reminder you did not just finish Eva/EoE

WA2 is a better romance story than this by miles, you best be joking.

actually yeah. my other favorite show just finished it's final season, so I have nothing holding me back from full weebshittery

Pretty much.

Attached: s4eypn78b5k31.jpg (3038x4473, 2.03M)

It kills me that Netflix zoomers started calling it "fanta".

>pseudo intellectualism on deep meanings
THERE ARE NO DEEP MEANINGS.
ANNO JUST HATES ANIME FAGS.
THE END.

two kids doing kinky foreplay

>ANNO JUST HATES ANIME FAGS.
Anno is pretty open about being a fanboy of older mecha anime.

ultraman too
but yeah anno hates his own medium because well he made it worse.

Attached: 1566034013314.jpg (400x273, 26K)

Anno loves BL manga and tokushit, but he isn't so much of a fan of the things that are popular now (RomCom, CGDCT/SoL, etc) because he's old.

Anno's wife does an autobiographical manga about being married and half the jokes are about how her husband is a giant Otaku

Attached: Insufficient-Direction-1d.jpg (404x395, 36K)

Some extra things:

- Anno wanted to create more Otaku from EVA (source: wikipedia)
- There's plenty of Jungian and Freudian psychology involved (Jordan Peterson would be proud)
- Anno hates Otaku and wanted to get them to stop being useless

Favorite/most fucked moment for you brehs?

Attached: dRGEUYZ.jpg (1920x1080, 143K)

Anno doesn't mind fujo and shoujo otaku, though.

So I could swear EVA had a scene with Shinji and Asuka holding hands that was directly traced from Nadia the secret of Blue Water but I'm too lazy to rewatch the show does that ring a bell to anybody.

Most fucked up moment was Shinji being a bitch, leading to Asuka nearly dying (or did she actually die, and come back?)

I also enjoyed nip Asuka VA trying to speak German to her mother on the phone.

It sounded like she said
Auh wieherhehen

the absolute worst beach episode of all time.

Why doesn't Makoto just use her Byakugan?

DON'T WORRY BOY JUST LOOK FOR THE DOUJIN WITH THE HAPPY ENDING YES THAT ONE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS

DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO REIFAGS BTW

fucking netflix va need to be shot for their shitty performance.

Absolute tryhard garbage. To this day, Yea Forums fellates this trash and its paper-thin characters. There's some cool battles but that's it. It was just the first 'deep' anime they watched as kids so nothing can surpass it in their eyes.

user, I watched it this weekend, and I am 27.

I really enjoyed it.

I watched Ghost in the Shell for my first anime.

he still hates his own base.

Rewatch it until you understand it

>disgusting
What the fuck ?

no one here is denying that

Fanta also has a long and distinguished past

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 1.14.51 AM.png (600x335, 63K)

Ehh it's more like he hates how obsessive they are while recognizing that he's one of them and wishing they'd all (including him) grow up.

It's kinda like How all of us feel about this site

Because fujos are cute and his own wife is a fujo

Attached: Anno's Wife draws Kaworu_Shinji.jpg (1280x819, 364K)

can you post some anime that are actually deep and meaningful in your opinion?

because you sound like the kid who regards the DBZ series as the greatest thing ever since filtered water

"People" like that retard don't think in terms of meaning. They think that intellectualism is something to be ridiculed so that we can all living in half-witticism forever.

well thats the problem, when they're consuming medium, they want to be brain dead as much as possible, the sad states of these drones

She died and then got tanged and came back

We're not drones user ur just dumb like us and stop pretending to b smart :^) ur dumb haha

lol cope

Attached: 1567194454271.jpg (259x206, 13K)

Stay calm and read Re-Take.

Growing attached to these characters throughout the show and then watching them effectively 'end' in this movie. In fact this movie really did apply the finality to everything.

This cover is also pretty cool too.

Attached: 1567894728399.png (660x948, 1.14M)

fucking garbage, even as a doujin.

Attached: 1564302259011.png (673x871, 546K)

hit me with the "seething" haha don't ever feel emotions durrrrrr join us user duhhhhh

Attached: 1565792741765.jpg (229x250, 8K)

oh you pretended to not know what i'm talking about haha ur crazy user haha go stupid haha
call the mods haaha please jesus christ get the smart kids off of me oh god lol haha where are my friends

retake is middling at best and deeply flawed overall, and i'm a card-carrying lasfag

>people jerking each other off over their shallow """intellectualism""" on an anime image board

You really are the most insufferable fanbase

oh please do tell me about your fanbase

Attached: 1568015019452.jpg (553x413, 96K)

>Starts with a good premise
>Drops the ball after the first half

I was really hoping Shinji would become the antagonist.

Attached: 1567805957487.png (800x1200, 992K)

yes haha we're so undesirable oh god we're the degenerates aren't we duhhhhhh god it feels so good to just be stupid hahaha durrrrrrrrrr man are there any slices of life to watch latley? haha i love consuming anime just so i can share my opinion about fake people haha shows shouldn't have meaning that's for nerds

how can i express my opinion of rebuild being better than the original show and EoE without sounding like a contrarian or a retard

you cant, if you feel that the rebuilds are better than the original and EoE then you missed the entire point of the series

>What the fuck did I just witness?

Shinji thinks he may be still in instrumentality, but when she finally strokes his cheek and gives him some much needed affection for the first time, he breaks down in tears and realises it's real.

maybe you should explain why you think rebuild is better first

the original series is important for establishing some context and tone but i like how the rebuilds branched out more
if i ONLY watched the rebuilds i'm sure i'd find them hollow but i can't help but be intrigued by the direction things are going

>how can i express my opinion of rebuild being better than the original show and EoE without sounding like a contrarian or a retard

You can't, honestly. I'd like to see you try though.

Attached: eva versus rebuild.jpg (864x487, 299K)

i don't have any nostalgia for the original series

the rebuilds are pointless the story were already concluded, I know how it began and ended, why do people watched the repacked and rehashed version of the series is beyond me

>some context

what other context do you need? Anno doesnt want to go full exposition on the series because its not a western sci-fi

not him, but the original had shinji more unlikable imho. I feel rebuild they gave shinji slightly more redeeming qualities.

ussually its the eastern stories I see more exposition than the west.

"hurr durr I herd of dis animey called neon genesis evangelion, I wanna watch it but its supper dip and very archaic so Im just gonna watch the cool, new, hip version because im an absolute fucking zoomer lol xD"

for realsies? maybe because they did it right, instead of outright spoon feeding

>the rebuilds are pointless the story were already concluded, I know how it began and ended, why do people watched the repacked and rehashed version of the series is beyond me

Wasn't this the purpose of 3.33? Breaking the narrative path that the first two followed.

the story ended with EoE, what more do you niggers want? explanation? context? where do shinji and asuka go from here on out?

do you want everything spoonfed to you?

Attached: 1561263024255.png (1278x706, 633K)

eh, some of it was out right spoon fed. I mean rebuild did that in their first movie.
other times you hear an internal monologue how something works.
both east and west has its moments and others dont.

i don't think what i said got through properly and have no real other way to word it, but it's a different story, is it not? it starts with the same foundation, excludes some things for time constraints, then later goes in a different direction. i like that. the excluded bits of the shared canon are the context i'm talking about. watching the original series as an appetizer makes you well versed on the psychological aspect. it isn't necessary to include any more if you go into it with that mindset.
i think the events and world rebuild has depicted are better, and the execution is stellar.
NGE is as clear cut to the point as any "cryptic" or "psychological" anime can get. i find myself more confused by whatever the fuck is happening in 3.33, but that's interesting to me.

the absolute fucking zoomer, just flexing here

oh hey, did you already had your daily dose of "boku no hero shield" or whatever the fuck that fag shit is? feels like you missed it, why dont you have a sip

sorry, i don't understand anything you just said

>different story, starts with the same foundation

my point and problem exactly, the rebuilds are perfectly catered towards cumbrains like you

you dont need to, Im a grAyy, operating at a higher capacity

Attached: 1563271830380.jpg (950x1144, 70K)

why are you calling me buzzwords? it's not that i'm dissatisfied with the original canon timeline or ending, i just find this "what if" story to have more potential.

what fucking potential?

the rebuilds were made because Gainax saw the POTENTIAL to milk it, and milked they did, until parting ways with Anno

and unsuspecting drones like you, were taken for a ride "hurr durr whooooo wat if they have spaceships en shieet, wat if asuka was a pirate en shieet, wat if misato had a haircut en shieet"

prolonging the series needlessly, riding on the legacy of the original, booring and uninspired work on these "rebuilds", and cunts like you are not helping

Attached: 1563892312949.jpg (772x772, 40K)

Cute Homura

I bet he doesn't hate the money it makes him on royalties...
I'd sellout to a razer company if it meant living the high life. Anybody know what his house looks like?

convoluted shit about basic "just b urself xD" crap

The greatest anime related project ever. What questions do you have?