Freesia

Anyone read this? I just finished it. Not entirely sure what happened at the end but it was really fucking good. Pretty bittersweet.

Attached: firefox_2019-09-08_21-46-12.png (512x734, 642K)

Been a while. I remember trying to get some kind of deeper meaning from the ending, but just failed to make sense of it.
I think the kano in the cafe at the end wasn't the real one, though. It was probably yamada breaking down in a similar way to kano, since I don't see who else it could be.

I've read it twice. I liked the art style and the idea behind it, thought it was different and cerebral with a really fucking weird protaganist.
Pity in todays anime climate it'll never be adapted.
Tropical citroen by Matsumoto is a good,short, trippy read.

edgy

Slow and unsatisfying first 1/3rd, average middle, kino final act.

How the fuck did he end up in the cafe at the very end after he got shot?

Hey I know that guy

Attached: 02_0.15.38.jpg (1280x720, 339K)

Yes, in highschool. I don't remember if it ever finished or if the translators just died, plot was increasingly incoherent as it went on.

Never heard of it, but synopsis is intriguing to say the least.
Does the story deliver on that premise?
(Also concerned about the ecchi tag; I enjoy my ecchi, but not in serious series, where it's often disruptive. Does it go overboard, or is it mild stuff?).

Freesia is my favorite mango
I'd suggest rereading it sometime if you like it, the ending I don't feel is really supposed to answer many questions and sometimes makes me reconsider how trustworthy the narration/storyline of it was through the main character's view. Afterall halfway through he is revealed to not even be aware that someone close to him is dead and who knows if it even was his real mother.

Also on a reread if you pay attention all of the Retaliatory Killings except for a few irrelevant ones that are done in the beginning to establish the setting are all connected to one another and have a great deal to do with which part of the government takes control at the end.

Tried reading it but dropped it at chap 9.characters were too boring and story was trying being not clear on purpse. Prefer Alice in hell and uncivilized planet.

He died after finishing his job, the epilogue in the cafe is a fourth wall break.

Yeah, it delivers on it I'd say, assuming your expectations are: are they doing their jobs in synopsis and how those jobs effect people.

Ecchi is not typical ecchi at all, it's not a pantry shot or two, the story starts with MC having sex with his gf, but with a twist (you'll get it). It's really not ecchi at all, there are several sex scenes in the story and they are full blown smut.

it's like one or two scenes in the entire manga

>Prefer Alice in hell and uncivilized planet
They are his peak manga, after all.

Attached: 021.png (1248x1800, 531K)

retard

It's pretty good.

I liked it because the protagonist is literally me

Better than the girlfriend simulator trash Yea Forums is fixated on.

read it on some messed up incomplete site and thought it ended with him dying to random plane bomb run. read the real ending like a year later.
the ending of all this shit going down being insignificant cause the country was at war was way better than the real ending.

anyone familiar with historical japanese blood-revenge? I think that would help contextualize the manga a bit

In the EDO period(i think) you could apply for state permission from the shogunate to start a blood revenge against someone(only if you were of a noble samurai familly not some pleb).
Generally we western audiences miss alot of undertones and references in some older manga/anime since like your average weeb most of our knowledge of japanesse culture/history resumes to the gay shit we see in modern anime.
I think that the goverment there is a reference to the periods of troubles from the 80s/90s when the government became close to authoritarian(remember the student riots)that shit gets referenced in a ton of older manga/anime.
Are you clinically insane user?

>ecchi
It's not 'fanservice' ecchi, there's lots of sex scenes but they're revolting rather than arousing. The author is insane and cannot resist inserting this kind of stuff everywhere, freesia is his tamest work in that regard