Japan government names the most iconic anime characters ever

> Japan government names the most iconic anime characters ever
Do you agree Yea Forums?

Attached: 2020 Olympics.jpg (1200x630, 275K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f1jm-z-Vqwo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises
youtu.be/4t-GV4XcJak
youtu.be/5k84jNkMvI8
youtu.be/3tjJ0ERWKBY
youtu.be/Lotw0yxtSUo
miricitysharing.com/doraemon-as-special-ambassador-for-tokyo-2020-olympic-games/
tokyo2020shop.jp/products/list?category_id=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>No Ichigo
hahaha get fucked bleachtards

What's that moeshit?

Wheres kirito

Where's Gon?

These fucking jabronis didn't put anything Gundam related and put Naruto the fuck is wrong with them?

Cure Magical, Cure Miracle, Moforun
Naruto Uzumaki
Sailor Moon
Son Goku
Jibanyan
Monkey D Luffy
Astro Boy
Shin-Chan

>no Chadren

Attached: 1567951639645.jpg (564x564, 40K)

Rent free

Replace Shin and the Yokai watch cat with the generic Gundam and maybe Kenshiro and it's pretty accurate

No Gundam was bullshit but Naruto is/was a legit worldwide phenomenon

>No Pikachu, but have Jibanya instead
Yeah, this seems legit

remove everything except goku, sailor moon and nardo, also can pretty much add this

where's pokemon

The google trends list is more accurate honestly
> 1. One Piece - Luffy
> 2. Kancolle - Shimikaze
> 3. Love Live! - The μ's
> 4. Evangelion - Rei Ayanami
> 5. Naruto - Naruto Uzumaki
> 6. Madoka - Homura Akemi
> 7. Yu-Gi-Oh - Yami Yugi
> 8. Dragon Ball - Goku
> 9. Doraemon - Doreamon
> 10. Fate Series - Saber
> 11. Case Closed - Conan
> 12. Pretty Cure - Miracle/Magical

Listen as much good as Attack on Titan is it's not iconic yet Sailor Moon, DBZ and Naruto are, give it some time and maybe it will reach the levels that those three have. Attack isn't a genre changer at the moment nor has it inspired generations (for good and ill) that those three have, that shit takes time for it to sink into the collective consciousness. But I doubt you give an actual shit about that and are just shitposters who escaped form the general trying to spread your feces everywhere

Attached: 1498591348146.png (1280x720, 907K)

just accept the fact that kids doesn't care about Gundam anymore

Pikachu was named ambassador for the entire country alongside Hello Kitty, he was deemed too big for this particular event & they use him for government meetings instead

Attached: tokyo-japan-21st-feb-2019-pokemon-character-pikachu-r-and-sanrios-character-hello-kitty-l-smile-as-t (1300x1029, 196K)

Needs Sanrio and Pokemon, even if

>kid Naruto instead of the 7th Hokage
so they're aware of his shit leadership huh

> The only precure's chosen were the lesbians
Yuri chads win again

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-08 Dynasty Reader » Maho Girls Precure ch14.png (1177x807, 1.39M)

No Seiya?

Where is Jojo?

No Konosuba? What the fuck its the biggest show this decade

Hahaahahahaahahahahaa

Jibanyan instead of Pikachu is a fucking joke. Yokai Watch flopped outside Japan and its latest games are flopping inside Japan.

Whereas Pokemon is literally the highest grossing media franchise of all time.

> Love Live that fucking high
Why?

How can the kids don't care about fucking giant robots?

Does anyone give a shit about Pretty Cure outside Japan? I get that they wanted some female representation but they could have used Chihiro who would be far more recognizable

Because they prefer idols and gacha games instead of this old people robot shit

Yes, this is solely based on Japanese popularity

It's a travesty that Gundam isn't on there.
I'm also sad to not see Lupin on there but I can see why.

>they use him for government meetings instead
That's a cute mental image.

The fabled japanese shit taste strikes again

> Gundam fags seething
Based Japan

>weeb trash
Yeah, let's just represent our fucking country with trash only weeb would recognize like Shimikaze, the μ's and Homura

That is some fucking shit taste

Attached: 1565366244339.jpg (738x960, 101K)

Pretty much all of those are wrong and only applies to their nation save for Naruto,Sailor Moon and Goku. The rest you either have to be a native or an Otaku to really acknowledge. Pikachu or Gundam are both far more iconic and they probably only put the rest of those there because someone greased their palms. Shit even Love Hina is a better choice than fucking Yokai Watch.

Attached: ajoke.png (500x454, 263K)

Shimakaze would be too lewd to be shown in official olympics material anyways.

> Japanese country only cares about things that are popular in their country
> Implying what subhuman americans think matters
Imagine being this retarded

>t.shounenspic

Objectively speaking, all of them are accurate except Yo-Kai-Watch & Shin-Chan
> PreCure (13 Billion) (762 Episodes) (Creation: 2004)
> Naruto (10.1 Billion) (500 Episodes) (Creation: 1999)
> Sailor Moon (14.3 Billion) (200 Episodes) (Creation: 1991)
> Dragon Ball (24.3 Billion) (800 Episodes) (Creation: 1984)
> One Piece (21 Billion) (894 Episodes) (Creation: 1997)
> Shin-Chan (1.2 Billion) (990 Episodes) (Creation: 1990)
> Astro Boy (4.75 Billion) (104 Episodes) (Creation: 1952)

AoT could've been there if htey had kept the fire hot after it first blew up in 2013.
But because the anime industry doesn't move that fast they shot themselves in the foot and waited too long.
back then even normalfags were talking about AoT like it was GoT, now it's kinda become another anime.

Boku no Hero is the current zeitgeist.

>Triggered pedo idolfag kek

> Says i'm triggered when you faggots are the ones crying about how the goverment is wrong & literal who neckbeards like yourself are metrics for popularity

No Doraemon? Weird.

Precure, but no Cardcaptor Sakura? I'd like to see Horo as well but I can understand why she's not there. But CCS was on air at the same time as DBZ and Sailor Moon, it should be included.

Also missing Ash Ketchum from the Pokemon anime. Huge whiff there.

Basically I'd drop Precure, add Sakura and Ash/Satoshi and leave it at that. Otherwise it's a decent list.

Gundam hasn't been massively popular worldwide since SEED.
I don't know about precure or yokai watch though.

> Leaving Yokaiwatch
> Removing something as iconic as PreCure

Is precure really that popular outside of Japan? This is for the olympics, right, so the focus should be on iconic anime characters OUTSIDE of Japan.

Yokaiwatch can be removed, for some reason I didn't notice it Actually I just don't know what that is and ignored it to focus on precure, which at least I recognized in the picture.

It might not be popular but it is recognized everywhere at least the generic one is. People may not know the name but they know the mech just by sight

Attached: 01._RX-78-2_Gundam.jpg (1484x2436, 660K)

why does yokai watch count but not pokemon?

I agree with kakarot, sailor moon, naruto, one piss, astro boy and shin shan. As for the others, well... they arent really famous outside of japan.
I would have put there the evangelions, thats for sure.

>the focus should be on iconic anime characters OUTSIDE of Japan
I agree, but watch it. Some people here will get really triggered if you say that.

So many people are asking for the removal of Shin Chan, do you people even know how big Shin Chan is is Asian countries? It's weirder that Doraemon isn't here.

>teen Goku and kid Naruto

Interesting choices. I get they want them in base form but wasn't Goku especially popular in his adult form/DBZ and most iconic as a Super Saiyan?

It made 13 Billion dollars, which is more than Naruto. If you remove PreCure than Naruto should be removed as well

This is accurate except you can tell they added a few extra female characters because the world is watching and they don't want an sjw shitstorm.

Pokemon will probably be in the video game mascots section, or possibly even its own thing since Pokemon is the biggest franchise of anything ever.

Past profits/revenue don't matter in this business case, it's all about potential future profits/revenue. Are gaijin going to recognize Precure and buy olympics merch? Or are they more likely to recognize and buy Naruto 100M dash merch?

Naruto has to stay to bring in weebs the world over. Precure? Not so much. It's more niche outside of Japan even if in Japan it's a big money maker.

I don't give a shit if I piss people off. That's what anonymous posting is all about.

Revenue = Popularity

>and they don't want an sjw shitstorm
They fucked up by showing girly girls and not mature strong women who don't need feminine features

>Jibanyan
What? I was told nobody cares about Youkai Watch anymore.

Nips would overwhelmingly vote to put manlet over him.

I find weird that there's no Conan there, the latest movie made more money than Avengers in Japan

jojo is trash

This was decided in 2016

They're probably trying to sell merch, a good spread is best for this.

They'll sell plenty of naruto merch to foreigners and plenty of precure merch to nips.

>mature strong women who don't need feminine features
Name a single iconic one

You called?

Attached: 1561669916552.jpg (859x1153, 88K)

Pokemon is banned on some countries so I guess it would had been offensive, Yokai Watch is just as popular and with no controversy so, makes sense.

No. Who the fuck would pick these for the Olympics? and who the fuck hired those people who made the picks?

The government held a vote across the country & over 17,000 elementary schools & 200,000 classes were responsible for voting on all of the mascots

>No Detective Conan
>No Char Aznable
>No Light Yagami
>No DIO

How did it come to this?

Attached: DjmHizB.jpg (733x800, 228K)

>Precure
lol
But yeah, this seems like a good batch for what "anime" means to the general public, at least within japan.

Wtf is the show beside Naruto?
Also I didn't expect shin-chan to be that popular

>yokai watch
>not pokemon
Looks like they couldn't afford the nintendo's licensing.

>seething americans

Dat teen Goku

Attached: teen.jpg (1024x1536, 759K)

Wasn't that vote to decide on these things?

Attached: mascots-ht-1-er-180223_23x10_992.png (992x432, 260K)

>nerdo being in that picture
It's glaringly wrong. I will photoshop that crappy character out and then the picture will not be so bad honestly

Doraemon and Detective Conan are kind of glaring omissions, honestly.

Yokai Watch is popular with kids now, they watch it on Netflix.

I've literally never heard of any of those

This was a poll done for elementary schoolers and maybe middle schoolers in Japan.

I guess they are not that popular among the current generation of Japanese kids. Sorry user. But Conan's audience is old.

Gundamshit and Death Note hasn't been relevant to actual Jap kids for ages. Same with Jojo. They have an older audience now. I suspect Conan is popular among older audiences now too.

>no Seiya

Based

If there is no Ash, then your list is trash!

Attached: 0330chewbacca.jpg (625x460, 96K)

The only reason Yokai Watch isn't banned in Saudi Arabia is the people in charge of banning shit never heard of it.

For reference these are the most googled anime franchises in USA
> 1. Pokemon
> 2. Dragon Ball
> 3. Naruto
> 4. One Piece
> 5. Evangelion
> 6. Gundam
> 7. Sailor Moon
> 8. Yu-Gi-Oh
> 9. Fate
> 10. Bleach
> 11. Digimon
> 12. Beyblade
> 13. Lain

Based Big Match Goku

It prints money and is the fourth best-selling manga of all time, you condescending twerp. You don't know how the choice was made, so don't talk out of your ass.

possibly got more people into anime than sailor moon

> Lain
I know for a fact most of those search results came from Yea Forums & /pol/

A win is a win.

do you know how delusional you are?

Attached: you must be jesting.jpg (381x408, 25K)

> 5. Evangelion
Going to happen, mark my words.

Attached: 1471828584899.jpg (1374x1299, 333K)

> Evangelion in both top 5's
> Literal who shit like YokaiWatch was picked ahead of it
Fucking why?

pokekeks btfo

Who are those bitches on the left?

Precure to Japan it's like DBZ to Mexico.

Hey, look at those faggot ass clothes!

Where is Deku?

It has by husband and best version of Naruto, shota Naruto, so i'm happy.

In what fucking world does Lain beat out MHA, or do shounentards just watch anime on their phones and TVs?

These are the most profitable anime, CCS does not make money, is not attractive to non-anime fans, no commoditized value

It is impossible for Olympic products to choose an animation endorsement that does not make money.

Aside from astro boy and the cures it's pretty much just American shit taste

Where's Jojo?

Attached: 1409023665422.png (437x500, 67K)

>muh jap opinion
Nigga no one gives a shit. US has influenced Japan so much they're a little brother to us now. If this was US it would be Ichigo,Goku,Naruto,Deku and Yugi FACTS.

Don't you have school tomorrow?

>no gundam

Attached: 1449265868715.png (700x700, 362K)

>No Light Yagami

>Jibanyan over Pikachu
who the fuck are they kidding?

Attached: 1536503358404.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

Shin-chan is more popular with Asians than Burgers. Also rent-free.

Gundam hasn't had a true hit since SEED. Like everyone who buys gunpla is 20 or older now.

>Who the fuck are they kidding?
That Nintendo wants an arm and a leg from them.

It would be more sad to say you have work tomorrow and be on Yea Forums. Now stfu and accept my facts.

The Olympics is a window for the world to understand Japan.

Instead of using the Olympics to please foreigners

The purpose of the Olympic Games is to spread what Japanese people like, rather than to spread things that foreigners like. What foreigners like is not important at all.

Believe it or not, mecha is a genre for REAL autists. it doesn't have a space in the mainstream media.

>What foreigners like is not important at all.
Keep shitgliding

>Cardcaptor Sakura
Cardcaptor Sakura isn't as big as you think it is.

I'm surprised One Piece is that high in the U.S. It's been off Toonami for like 2 years

What he's saying is true though, major sports events are used to promote the culture of the country hosting it.

That is fair, I forgot to mention him. But I am American

You should ask, why do you like the anime that has not been chosen, why do you like the animation does not make money, the animation that does not make money means weak attraction, the number of core audience is small, the Olympics as a window to understand Japan, how could it be? Choose an unattractive anime endorsement of international events?

That's the only one I don't understand.

yeah and the whole point of doing that is to make things attractive to foreigners, which is impossible to do without taking into consideration what they like.

It's fake it would be below Yugioh and Bleach and MHA would be on the list.

>most popular
FTFY

Yokai Watch feels out of place.

According to Nishikawa (TM Revolution) there is something SEED-related in the pipeline.

Nah they don’t.

>The mahos
>Jibanyan
No.

hiatus

I understand if people think that Conan should be chosen(it's honestly something people outside Japan do like as long as it was marketed well in their country). But I guess whatever system the committee in Japan used said no.

>remove luffy
you dont seem to understand how popular it is in japan

only four of them really belong

>Gundam makes more money than almost everyone of those listed
>Not included
Is the Japanese government still sour that BANDAI dropped the ball during the 00's when Wing was followed up by the shit that was SEED?

I don't even know what those shows on the left is

Even if that's true they shouldn't even base the choices on a vote.

What the hell do they think these choices will accomplish? New stable fans? The Olympic tourists will cause a temporary spike in Google searches and proceed to forget about them. The domestic and international anime/manga fans are already initiated so their palette won't change either.

What they should've chosen are sports series like Captain Tsubasa, Ashita no Joe, Slam Dunk, etc. A sports event that comes only once every four years and these clowns waste billboard space on a clueless roster

This counts from 2004-2019, not simply the 2010s

>No Ken Shiro
>No Doraemon
>No Lupin
>No Pikachu
>No giant robot of some kind, be it Gundam or an Eva
>Some literally who witches instead of CCS

Yeah, no, shit picks

Since it was a list made by the Japanese government, it is almost certain that entry into the top was based solely on if a politician was friends with someone or if it was a politicians favorite anime

The ambassadors were announced years ago, yodiddy fever was still in recent memory at the time. Or, at least, less completely irrelevant than now.

Gundam's got a different role in olympic endorsement than the Brand Ambassadors. They're doing a promotion with the ISS, I think.

>Love Live!
>Pretty Cure
Imagine just wanting to tune in to the Olympics with your family and suddenly this weeb shit pops up during commercials or a big fucking banner of them in the background.

Attached: 1480987471829.gif (500x580, 644K)

Fucking decripit government boomers who probably don't even know how to use a computer.

The lack of Gundam in this is killing me.
also, 2020's Precure season better fucking involve sports

No Doraemon is really surprising, yeah.

>What they should've chosen are sports series like Captain Tsubasa, Ashita no Joe, Slam Dunk, etc.
This would have been really cool.

...has this list not changed since 2009 or something

Little girls love PreCure, and so do their parents

>no doraemon
Fuck this nation

Attached: Doraemon_bomb.png (320x320, 123K)

3 of them are just infamous, not iconic.

See, Gundam, Doraemon and other anime series all have their place. Goku, Naruto, and Astro Boy are established series with global popularity. It makes sense that Japan wants to use the opportunity to promote them, but as Olympic ambassadors?! I am absolutely convinced that whoever greenlighted those choices is an old, clean shaven, bespectacled Japanese dude who's gone senile before retirement age

Yea Forums is peak fucking stupid today.
These choices are all perfect, I can't believe Yea Forums has fallen so low as to actually think Pretty fucking Cure is some literally who series. That's the kind of thing I'd expect from shounenshitters on MAL.The only one out of place is Jibanyan.

Also Doraemon, Pikachu, and Mario were already all part of the announcement trailer it seems you forgot, you guys sure are acting underaged enough for me to believe you don't remember an event from 3 years ago.

They should’ve picked these as mascots.

Attached: 89843455-13E7-488D-9253-F5898A409D29.jpg (930x581, 249K)

As far as I can tell, there's nothing outright saying these were chosen out of a poll. Seems like these characters were decided just off of general popularity, with Mario, Pikachu, and Hello Kitty being considered full ambassadors

Season 2 was in development hell forever and it was followed by the most poorly written, boring political shitfest of an arc after that. Basically all the old fan base dropped it after that.

Yea Forums mostly is shonenshitters from MAL

>No Doraemon
>No Kenshiro
>No Jotaro
I mean with the last one has the excuse of Araki being known as the mac daddy of evolving art, but he series has been going on for so long i'd thought they'd throw him in

>Remove Luffy
>Add Virginren

Attached: shitgeki no kyojin BTFO.png (712x700, 336K)

Doraemon, Mario and Pikachu have already been confirmed. Gundam hasn't been relevant in the minds of Japanese youth for more than a decade. Get over it.

>Gundam hasn't been relevant in the minds of Japanese youth for more than a decade
And you think Astroboy has?

Wasn't Doraemon in the introduction back in Rio alongside Mario?

I'm more amazed Saber isn't there.
>yfw bong "king" is a japanese ambassador

>Evangelion BTFO

It hurts.

Attached: (1).png (853x480, 329K)

>moeshit

Attached: inigo montoya.jpg (525x453, 28K)

>beyblade
>lain
>digimon
yeah i'm calling bullshit

>3 JAPANESE ambassadors with BLONDE hair (4 if you count the one that transforms into having it)
Well that's just dumb. Japanese people all have naturally black hair

Attached: 5da[1].jpg (1000x1002, 69K)

>Light Yagami
Are you retarded

>They have an older audience now
One Piece has a mainly adult audience

Picked up. I only watched Doki Doki before and relented on watching others because I was told they are not gay.

AoT sells more per volume though

You think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Attached: volume sales 2019.png (799x500, 270K)

japs like whites

>Literally who magic girls
>Yokai Watch instead of Pokemon
>No Gundam or Eva
Nip government has absolutely shit taste

>Precure
>Literally who
stupid gaijin

>Most Kino Precure to ever exist
>Literally who'
youtube.com/watch?v=f1jm-z-Vqwo

whos the two shitty anime blob on the right lol? should have been Deku and Eren ffs.

what i don't like most about this is that they didn't get an artist to make new original designs for them and used extremely outdated ones. its so ugly.

>pedo shit to the left of naruto
>no ash
It's shit

I have no idea why they did this for the Olympics. Is absolutely nonsensical when there's a shit load of sport manga they could have used that makes sense . I love the way this is framed though. It's pretty much "Hey it's me Goku and a bunch of scrubs"

they use Bing

Only Goku belongs because he's a competitive martial artist and martial arts are at the Olympics.
I actually find this mascot list embarrassing

Not on the page, where he belongs

Isn't that a weird choice of Precure reps?

These are the most iconic characters.
People here are only arguing in favor of the currently most popular.
I never watched the shows on the left of Naruho, but even I know that these are among the legendary anime in and of Japan
Types of people in this thread
>BNHA
Zoomer
>Jojo
Zoomer
>Konosuba
Zoomer
>Anything post 2010
Zoomer
The only reason these cucks know these anime is because of bad dubs and the fact that the internet is streaming everything for free.
The anime the Japanese picked were the greatest of their time and still are.
These are anime that have spawned countless follow up series, spin-offs, games, toys and are a part of the childhoods of even Generation X and are known to Babyboomers despite there not having been any streamingsites.
All the younger anime, however, are only popular in the west thanks to the internet and are iconic to zoomers, known by millenials (but only those who are weebs or have kids) and practically unknown to Babyboomers.

Shin Chan and Goku could have carried the Olympics by themselves, especially in the early 2000's.
That's how iconic they are.

No Joe Yabuki is a travesty

>Yea Forums is too retarded to know about precure
Seriously?

In addition to SLAM DUNK, the popularity and sales of other sports animations are very low. The mainstream works of JUMP are not related to sports.

The image ambassador of the Olympic Games does not have to be related to sports. The important thing is the popularity, and the animated characters give the audience a comfortable and healthy impression.

That's why late-night animations haven't been chosen, because most late-night animations give viewers a dark, bloody, violent, erotic impression.

this list does not need to consider the feelings of foreigners. This is a window to spread things that Japanese people like. There is no need to please foreigners.

>this list does not need to consider the feelings of foreigners. This is a window to spread things that Japanese people like. There is no need to please foreigners.
Japan doesn't give a fuck about Sailor Moon

>calling anyone else retarded when you know about magical girl shit

>There is no need to please foreigners.
They're throwing an international event

>the number one magical show for FIFTEEN YEARS
How are you this dumb?

>Oh you know thing? Retard
This is the most pathetic "no u" i've ever seen

i am not that much of a pedo...if i was

Saban fucked the PreCure license and dumped a bowdlerized version on Netflix to cut their losses so it's sad but understandable

>i am not THAT MUCH of a pedo
So you are one?

The Olympic Games are not held to please foreigners. The Olympics is a window to spread the culture of their country and establish a national image.

Just to please foreigners is the performance of inferiority

Maybe I'd actually watch the stupid normie event

>No Eren

Attached: E7F78690-F77D-4999-98B2-C8619F6D03C4.jpg (536x194, 42K)

Imagine being an adult and still salty about sport

It's suppose to be iconic characters not shitty fads

why are people misusing weeb?

>still
I played sports all through elementary up to early HS. I grew out of it but still am cool with people playing sports because that is actually fun. It's the "hobby" of watching I never understood. Reminds me of people who watch twitch streamers instead of playing the game themselves.

Attached: 1566818242090-a.jpg (566x543, 109K)

Sailor Moon is the most profitable magical girl. Precure can't surpass Sailor Moon now. Sailor Moon is still holding stage plays and concerts. By contrast, CCS is almost forgotten.

Weeb has long changed from "japan ophile" to "japanese thing I don't like"

Most of the time if you're watching the sport you played it yourself at one point or another or can appreciate that it's people competing at the highest possible level. The fact that it's real and unpredictable adds to the tension. It's no more a waste of time than reading or watching fiction

Nobody cares, magical girl pedos

Precure is a kids anime dumbass

I don't like magical girls though

Underage
Yet you know about magical girl shit

ITT: Shonen npcs butthurt about japan having their own separate mainstream culture away from their cancerous taste

I only occasionally follow my college team when they're good, just so I can shit talk duke.

Attached: 1559619244541.png (581x849, 244K)

Now this is some serious asshurt

>Knowing about something means you like it

Attached: 1444207593201.jpg (407x482, 48K)

Jojo is pretty much on par with One Piece and Dragon Ball in japan so why the fuck isn't Jotaro on there? Don't even know the shit on the left desu

>Have to be an Otaku to aknowledge AstroBoy
Ok retard

>Jojo is pretty much on par with One Piece and Dragon Ball in japan
lol

Lol as much as you want redditard, their obsession about Jojo's is pretty much the first thing one learns about japanese culture.

>no Pikachu
>no Conan
>no Gon
>no Ichigo
>no Gundam
>no Deku
>no Yugi
>no Lum
>no Doraemon
>no Sazae-san

Bullshit list

lol

>obsession about Jojo's is pretty much the first thing one learns about japanese culture.
>Source: My ass
Yeah kids below the age of 18 and adults above 30 watch Jojo religiously right?

I don't want to be that guy but where's Rei?
Rei broke anime

Mecha as a genre no longer exists because Rei figures outsold every eva and gundam mech figure

Attached: 151210_3.jpg (350x236, 20K)

>No Pikachu
Well, I guess you shouldn't have the most popular mascot of the most popular franchise ever on the most iconic character list.
>no JoJo
what the fuck are they thinking?

>jojo
Just how new are you?

Lmao. Jojo is reddit’s favorite anime.

Seething.

I like the series but you are seriously new

seething

>they use him for government meetings instead
Idk why but this gave me a hearty kek

>I'm new because JoJo is an extremely loved and iconic media in Japan and has recently made a boom in western audience
Fascinating

Dilate

cope

>jojo
>on the level of dragon ball and sailor moon

Rent free

???

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises
Better than Preshit

They are supposed the be pseudo mascots for the olympics. They have to be as family friendly as possible.

Doraemon is the Olympic application ambassador
Ambassadors of these Olympic Games
Their respective positioning is different

Attached: 391C571A-B8D2-4D32-B459-9CE9A6D0496B.jpg (1200x675, 152K)

Pokémon is the spokesperson for the Olympic sports event

Doraemon is the spokesperson for applying for the Olympics.

And DB OP NARUTO is the spokesperson of the Olympic image.

They have all been chosen, but the duties in the Olympics are different.

Attached: BCA0294F-86DF-4715-A299-E4D1E61425C0.png (599x357, 100K)

Pikachu is the Olympic ambassador for the surfing competition

Attached: D65EBDCF-D863-4C9B-9129-7B5E53E9170A.jpg (1063x752, 93K)

>no Doraemon
you have got to be fucking kidding me everybody loves Doraemon
Generations have enjoyed Doraemon, they replaced the entire voice cast a few years ago because it was episode 4000 something and everybody was like 90 years old and it was literally bigger news than the Emperor changing

too bad Americans are fags and get mad at all the child endangerment and body shaming and Nobita constantly sneaking into Shizuka’s bath by accident and the fact that Shizuka has visible nipples

Hello Kitty is Japanese? I always thought it was Disney.

Rent free

Is precure internationally well know?

Gundam also has its own positioning in the Olympics.

Most of the well-known animations you mentioned are selected.

As for the dark theme of eva, late night animation is definitely not going to appear at the Olympics.

Attached: BE8E3786-BF53-4161-9C72-25A727E5F261.jpg (723x1024, 153K)

What is that green thing

gachapin
He can do anything

Looking good save for Yokai Watch. Also, I dunno if Precure is really that large.
They could have Gundam and Saint Seiya represented in some way.

>no Doraemon/Pokemon/Gundam???
>why isn't my favorite shounen here!!! It's obviously Naruto/DB tier!!!!!
>What is Precure?
>Wow Yea Forums is shit
>dumb Ameriturds
There's the thread summed up. Enjoy.

The Olympics is a window to let the world know about Japanese culture.

The Olympics is not a window to please foreigners.

The Japanese government does not need to consider what foreigners like.

And the tourists who go to Japan to watch the Olympic Games are not all anime fans.

I don't even know who those frilly ass motherfuckers on the left area
Also it's clearly representing most iconic series not character, otherwise the rest of the core dragon ball and sailor moon casts would be there.

>doesn't consider what foreigners like
>removes all traces of loli shit everywhere
Yeah okay

Which country was it that had a mascot blatantly representing that the Olympics were taking place in a survelience state, UK or China?

>he fell for the memes

>The Japanese government does not need to consider what foreigners like.
And yet they clearly do
They have been delibritly holding back on prosecuting the kyoani arsonist to avoid offending the more whiny nations before the Olympics with a death sentence.

How popular is Yokai Watch in nipsland?

It has overtaken Pokemon in revenue.

Born in the same year as FATE
The most successful magical girl after 2000
At least in business and influence

I get having a Precure, but they really should've considered that they'd be out of date by the time of the actual Olympics.

Attached: 1304747394180.png (411x459, 365K)

They did which why it changed to huggto and then star twinkle

Fuck off boomer

Villains can’t be mascots.

Pokemon on suicide watch

so, no ygo character?

I think the precures and Yokai watch have no place there and should be replaced by Gundam and Pokemon respectively. It's also missing Anpanman, but otherwise I completely agree.

Zoomer detected

Pikachu is literally too big for the Olympics.
They dwarf in comparison.

the Japan Olympic committee can’t afford to pay the money to use pikachu

those are also the not controversial character. It's also kinda interesting only half of those characters are actually japanese

jotaro will probably show up il later campaigns since araki was elected to participate too

Satoshi/Ash had so many laughable losses that even a trainer at first arms could have avoided, as such your comment is trash.

>No Doraemon
>No Pikachu
What the fuck
this is bullshit

And who the fuck is that gay cat?

>in the first episode he literally defeats himself and blows up Misty’s bike in the process
>not her motorbike, her bicycle
>he fucks up so bad he somehow makes an inert metal bicycle explode

Rei broke anime so bad they don't even want to acknowledge it.

Your personal opinion is meaningless
Precure is the best-selling work after 2000
The Japan Animation Association recognizes that precure has a huge influence on the Japanese animation industry.

youtu.be/4t-GV4XcJak

NHK didn’t even help its own CSS to promote it on TV shows, but instead helped other TV stations’ precure to do TV promotion.

youtu.be/5k84jNkMvI8

mainly marketing. It’s super sentai for little girls, if you go to the kids merchandise section in stores the boys stuff has super sentai and kamen rider while the girls stuff all has precure
mcdondald happy sets you can choose sentai toys or precure toys

>togashi shafted once again
My sides

That's funny that you say that, because there are a ton of Japanese people who believe Disney is a Japanese company because of Mickey Mouse

Agree with middle four. The rest are literally whos in comparison and shouldn't be there.

It really is. Also, the absolute state of mecha in the XXI century.

>It's no more a waste of time than reading
.t Nebraskan

>no Miku

Attached: 1568037294354.jpg (900x1258, 175K)

youtu.be/3tjJ0ERWKBY
youtu.be/Lotw0yxtSUo

So I just showed this image to my mother. Her responses were very amusing.
>Recognised Astro Boy but insisted his name was Mighty Mouse
>Thought Crayon Shin-chan was Where's Waldo but he wasn't wearing his red/white striped shirt
>Thought Goku was from the Karate Kid
>When I pushed her to know if she recognised Sailor Moon she suggested she was from Evangelion
>Thought Luffy was from an American cartoon
>Had no idea about the others
>Wondered why the Japanese were using Disney style characters for their Olympics

I also showed her a picture of Gundam and she thought it was a transformer. I think the government should have gone with Pikachu after all.

Attached: ara tap.gif (500x375, 1016K)

Attached: 68ED7DE1-76F2-4988-A0A8-8130B6655732.jpg (468x624, 43K)

sniff sniff

>doesn't know precure
How do you not know one of the best things toei is making nowdays?

Who the fuck are those literal who moes? Where is Yugi?

She's in the promo vid

Rundown
>astro boy
the grandpapa of all anime and manga
>shinchan
Classical family comedy that's still ongoing to this day
>one piece
Most sold manga in existence
>dragonball
most watched anime in the world
>sailor moon
Most widely recognized anime girl &magical girl of all time
>naruto
Ninja based popular modern shonen (cultural reasons and cultural aesthetic reasons) Bleach wouldn't fit cause shinigamis are more obscure a japanese concept than ninjas and one piece has not much in the way of traditional japanese culture.
>precure
Probably the most popular magical girl show right now, has a lot of girls so it balances out the girl to boy ratio and widens the appeal. Probably the most of all ages show there is of all of those
>yokai watch
Hugely popular in japan, completely blew up when it came out. Think of how tamagochi was for mid 90s and pokemon for 2000s. Still hadn't really made its way in popularity to North america

Attached: 1551044759835.gif (400x380, 188K)

>it's all about potential future profits/revenue
Olympics don't create any new profits or Revenue. In fact it's generally the opposite.

And yet Pokemon decides it should downsize itself.

Japanese government has shit taste

>fat son comic dot jpg

Doraemon and Pikachu should have been in place of Naruto, Precure or Yokai Watch.

Is there even a competition at the Olympics the Japanese can win?

They explained later that Pikachu was omitted because he's so popular worldwide that they were worried people didn't even associate him with Japan anymore.

>Doraemon ended 30 years ago, and is probably isn't as big today as the other titles there.
>Asking to use nintondo characters for anything sounds like a pain in the ass, not to mention from what I know yo kai watch is apperantly more popular than pokemon at the moment inside japan. Yokais are also very pivital japanese monsters where pokemons are just creatures from a popular game. Naruto holds the most traditional japanese charge than all these characters.

Attached: 1556997023991.png (1200x900, 196K)

Yeah everything with a weight division below 120 pounds

>3048
>Walk into meeting between world superpowers
>World leaders and ambassadors locked into a heated argument
>It's about to get violent
>Mecha-Putin is threatening to set off a nanite bomb
>Suddenly, a formally dressed Pikachu and Hello-Kitty walk in
>Everyone calms down
This is damn near genius

Doraemon is still ongoing, the manga ended because the author died but the tv show is still going on

Huh. didn't know that.
Still, I think shin chan is a better choice.
shin chan is more of a family show than a kids show and has a lot of emphasis on the japanese family household and daily life, something worthwhile in representing the country.

>Do you agree Yea Forums?
I agree with Goku and Sailor Moon, astroboy maybe but not with the others, sure the others may be famous but not iconic.
Naruto?! Please! Nobody cares for that faggot, he's not iconic, neither is Larufy.
Shin chan is just a gag character and the others, I don't even know who they are.

I that Goku IS the most iconic character.

Attached: 1529952357283.gif (360x271, 745K)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Attached: SONGOKU-SENPAI PLEASE MIAAAAAAAAAH.png (1000x1306, 195K)

>CCS does not make money,

Bullshit.

but if we listen to you
America like tranny and guns
China dont like tranny and Winnie the pooh
Europe like manga and sushi
so fuck off murica

> Kenshiro
imagine at the moment you finish at 2nd place you hear this

Attached: pp,650x642-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg (750x1000, 70K)

where is chad Anpanman

Attached: Anpanman1.png (310x610, 57K)

Replace those 9 with the love live chicks

see It's not only about being a good or popular anime, it also about something good, popular, japanese charged, or has some sort of importance AND can be represented worldwide for every audience.

Imagine actually liking lovelive

Attached: 5bf.jpg (480x318, 17K)

My daughters are national icons!

Attached: 1463879453058.png (1142x1426, 1.51M)

Your daughters need to stop holding hands so much, it is too lewd.

BASED

precure is soul

The moe girls, naruto, Laruffy and the cat, aren't any of those things you mentioned, there are other animes that represent Japan, worldwide.
Captain Tsubasa, Hkuto no ken, Saint Seiya, Doreamon, Lum, Ranma, Rupan sansei, are all far more popular and representative of Japan.

Dumb ESL poster

Cope, narutoshitter.

most of the show is him flapping his dick around and pointing his ass at people tho

Where are sazae-san and anpanman?

i agree that eren is based but i don’t think he’s iconic enough yet. honestly i can’t believe there’s nobody from jojo

Lol.

Where is chadren?

Attached: 2018-11-22-1516-5bf6c831e35fc.png (750x400, 389K)

This isn't a "what's the best anime" debate. none of the titles you mentioned besides doraemon are fit to represent japan.
Ken, seiya, and runma, and lum are all not only not popular in the east right now, but they have little in the way of representing Japanese culture
Lupin's about vice, every movie has drugs sex and titties, they can't put it on TV easily next to the olympics
What? you think I wouldn't want kenshiro repping the olympics?

Miracle and Magical are more popular than Black and White? based

shin chan is pretty soul, friend. you don't need to start blasting against something good just cause you think it stands against your favorite show.

I love Maho a lot more than most of Yea Forums but I'm still surprised they were chosen to represent Precure instead of Nagisa and Honoka.

why no Ghibli?

Attached: image_1507886420_59e08554e1cb6.jpg (739x415, 61K)

Eh, not that I think Lum should be there but it's a pretty good representative of Japanese culture, folklore at least. Yokai Watch has the covered though

Maho was the season currently airing when they picked these characters, I thought they'd update it every year leading up to the olympics or something. But this is nice because Mahos are the best.

They update it, there was an olympic poster with Hugtto on it. Probably have one with Twinkle now

I wonder if the next year precure will be specially Olympics themed.

I am sure they will use all of the cures just like DBZ will use characters other than Goku.

Rumor has it that they'll use that theme for the next sentai.

Will we get a cripplecure to represent the special olympics? ...nevermind we will just get a retarded pink like we do every season.

She will be the main act at the opening ceremony.

>All these people ITT absolutely ass-blasted about Jibanyan and screaming that he's irrelevant when Yo-kai Watch is still very popular among children in Japan
Also what the hell are all of you crying about anyway? Pokemon's still being represented. God, you're all so damn touchy. Really just says a whole lot about the people that come to Yea Forums.
Also, Yo-kai Watch is the perfect series to show off the Japanese mythological Yokai in a fun way that children can relate to.

Attached: 1537440961568.jpg (2463x1822, 465K)

>yokai crap
>no doraemon
NO

Miyazaki would have a heart attack if he saw his characters with these ones

We've been over this. It's either sports themed due to the olympics OR science/virtual/knowledge themed due to the ED of Twinkle.

>Miyazaki would have a heart attack if he saw his characters with these ones
DO IT!

Retard that literally can't use Google.

a lot of complains are from american who has shit taste
lol imagine if it was their Olympic and, like Japan, they put cartoon representation full of Calart gay characters

>Also, Yo-kai Watch is the perfect series to show off the Japanese mythological Yokai in a fun way that children can relate to.
then Gege no Kitarou is a better fit

Attached: gegege_no_kitarou_2018_7552.jpg (610x858, 124K)

Don't get me wrong, it's not a mater of what's best, it's a matter of what was and is iconic, sure, a bunch of internet nerds may know all about loli moes and naruto but if you ask people around the world, of all ages, they will say Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon, Cowboy Bebop, captain Tsubasa and few others, these animes have been airing in Europe for several decades and I'm sure they're pretty famous in the American continent too.
One piece is not as famous outside of Japan, most people are going to recognize Goku and Sailor Moon but they're going to be clueless about the rest.

The issue is that people are screaming because their obscure whatever of choice wasn't added instead of popular stuff.

Well the Japanese government didn't seem to think so, so you should take it up with them.

Attached: 1560356079553.jpg (3456x2304, 3.68M)

If anything, this thread has taught me that Yea Forums is absolutely incapable of performing a simple Google search.

miricitysharing.com/doraemon-as-special-ambassador-for-tokyo-2020-olympic-games/

Attached: 1562945478196.jpg (600x600, 75K)

>Cowboy Bebop,
You're retarded

>No VEG
Abe wtf? How could you let this happen?

Attached: violetevergarden.png (640x360, 101K)

Never heard of it.

>calling precure moeshit
Either this is b8 or you're a lil' zoomer shit.
Fuck off

I don't even know these Pretty Cure girls.

Sad!

>Precure, but no Cardcaptor Sakura?
Even Cutey Honey is more recognisable worldwide than the Purikyua bitches.

This is the only CHADren I know.

Attached: 1567683567010.jpg (720x880, 60K)

dont forget Magical DoReMi

Attached: magical-doremi.jpg (568x416, 76K)

>to celebrate the 2020 olympics and over 40 years of Gundam we're going to drop the ISS over Australia
Make it happen

Attached: 1537495902419.gif (400x225, 3.13M)

Literally who outside of Japan and horny incels knows Precure or whatever the fuck its called

>outside of Japan
The olympics are taking place inside of Japan

Yeah why did they pick them as ambassadors to the whole world you fucking idiot

So that people outside of Japan will get to know them

>never heard of Dio/DIO

Attached: This+makes+the+dio+sad+_4ab28ec81d4973a264d704fa5847aeea.jpg (280x280, 32K)

Attached: f99e2993-a9fb-49c1-81e0-3cea2f2b8090.jpg (480x480, 39K)

Muse is getting revived just in time for the Olympics, so expect some LL representation. Also Keit愛.

hurrrr why arent my globally obscure gritty adult characters being marketed as ambassadors for the biggest event in the world to represent an entire nation

>no one do any sports
why they didnt pick Ashita no Joe, Slam Dunk, Captain Tsubasa or Haikyuu

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

>love live
>not idolmaster
hahaha no

>Recognised Astro Boy but insisted his name was Mighty Mouse
Well she's not far off, considering that's what he was inspired by.

>Thought Luffy was from an American cartoon
It does look the part, to be fair.

>Still hadn't really made its way in popularity to North america
It's really popular in Europe though.

HOLY FUCKING BASED

>Homura above Goku

Based Homu.

Yokai Watch character shouldn't be there.

>one piece has not much in the way of traditional japanese culture
Incredibly ironic considering the current arc

>Yea Forums faggot has shit taste
Not surprised.

why because little mutt in America dont know him

They've been replaced on the merchandise already tokyo2020shop.jp/products/list?category_id=1

Attached: 20190724114150269.jpg (689x689, 191K)

>No Pikachu
Fucking trash

While that screenshot is out of context, a kiss is a kiss.

Yeah they do, well at least my normal fag mates instantly knew my RX-178 was a gundam. Thanks ready player one.

>No Char/Quaddro in sight

Attached: 81365.jpg (225x350, 36K)

Idiot

Naruto had an Olympics OVA if I remember correctly

Pretty Cure, or Glitter Force by Saban.

>No Yugi

Eren is a family man with a cute Aryan waifu and a baby on the way. How is that not wholesome and family friendly?

The series also has to be good

Goku is a martial artistsl and athletic all around. I can totally see him being used to sell a sports event. The rest I kind of agree with you, but since when are the Olympics about sportive spirit? That shit is for amateurs.

Are you retarded? Unicorn's profit peaked over 2x over SEED's. It was literally the best selling entry in terms of merch and nothing else even comes close. That's why they replaced the RX-78-2 statue with a Unicorn. And even though it's dropped off it's the best selling anime franchise every year second only to like Pokemon which was originally a game franchise

The lack of Doraemon surprises me

Then why the fuck are like 90% of those series there? You're not seriously suggesting Yokai Watch, Naruto and Precure are any good, right?

Also a huge chunk of the growth came from global sales, which was why after Unicorn they've been focusing on more "globally minded" entries like IBO which had a shit ton of westaboo western mythology and politquing as the theme and background, Bandai even outright said they're trying to focus on their growing international market

Eren is a jew and the Titans are allegories for golems. His genocidal rampage is a metaphor for the Jewish rage against the whites and western civilization for letting them become science experiments and sheeps to the slaughter in camps

>celebrating the Olympic Spirit with a notorious cheater and dopper
Apply yourself.

>not "my character that is only known in Japan and barely anyone would recognize in the west"
This thread is pants on head retarded.

Attached: 1559980229122.gif (133x128, 562K)

JoJo fans, Araki was picked for the special olympics instead so expect Johnny to appear there.

>Huntards are this retarded

Why have they still not updated the Precure representative? We're like 2 seasons past that one

I'm just very confused why Yokai Watch is there

>some ugly child’s drawing
>No JoJo

Are nips retarded? Or do they just have shit taste?

Anything too targetted at otaku isn't going to be a rep
>But Precure is-
generally targeted at little girls. Just because older men watch it too doesn't change the target audience. There's a lot of women who watch Kamen Rider, that doesn't mean it's not aimed at little boys

>attract kids that bring their parents and money
>attract fags that pirate everything and bring AIDS

This, Unicorn gundam is the most milked to death gundam and maybe second to the classic RX-78. Non of the suits from seed come anywhere near close.

Attached: fa4e529a87e7a2911b8b639961dad1f1.jpg (1920x1080, 250K)

They've actually updated. Whatever website he used there is likely outdated (this image is outdated too considering the more recent merchandising).

Attached: Olympics characters 01.png (647x417, 360K)

Gone

kek

Wait wait, Naruto doesn't only applies to their nation but not the best-selling anime of all time and fucking Astro Boy.

Are you insane?

twincool

>Jojo
>Zoomer
But Jojo is older than some of the things up there

Are people actually unironically butthurt about Eren not being up there or are you just shitposting?

And Gundam is involved, it's just a different kind of mascot

The only surprise here is that stupid yokai watch thing instead of pikachu, and possibly a lack of conan. Otherwise love them or hate them these are all pretty iconic and recognizable to the world outside of Japan.

Read the thread

Read the thread

Okay I understand that Pikachu is a bigger rep than the ones up there, but I'm just confused why they put Yokai Watch in there like at all? It wasn't that popular. Conan would have made a lot of sense and is popular in many countries. Can someone explain this? Did they just need a cute non-human mascot?

Rate my choice:
Goku - weightlifting
Ippo or Joe - boxing
Slam dunk - basketball
Captain Tsubasa - soccer

Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell)
Shotaro Kaneda ( Akira)
Sailor Moon
And I don't know, a samurai/ninja character: Jubei ( Ninja Scroll), Jin (Samurai Champloo), Musashi (Vagabond) or Naruto.

But I think Luffy and Jotaro should also be here so there 12 characters instead of 10

>Sailor Moon
Gymnastic or swimming contest

I remember there was a russian cute who was iceskating dressed like Sailor Moon
Still surprised why Mokoto, Kaneda or a samurai character are not here

>Ippo or Joe - boxing
no its gonna be Afro Luffy

Attached: 4463972135ecf0f0db9dbf90d11ec23d7395a81b_hq.jpg (693x508, 89K)

Yokai Watch just really lucked out. These were chosen at the peak of its popularity when it was doing very well on tv and movies and spin-offs games were selling better than any Pokemon spin-offs ever did right after that came Yokai Watch 3 though which killed the dreams of it becoming a Pokemon tier franchise.

>Naruto and Luffy aren't iconic
DBfags need to be gassed.

Attached: 1566714156540.jpg (1280x960, 179K)

>Precure can't surpass Sailor Moon now.
Precure has been more profitable than Sailor Moon for years if you look at Toei's financial numbers.

Also, if you look at parodies and such it's pretty clear in Japan Pretty Cure has supplanted Sailor Moon as the archetypal magical girls. Sailor Moon is only there for the international audiences since they likely acknowledged Pretty Cure isn't that big internationally.

>Naruto?! Please! Nobody cares for that faggot, he's not iconic, neither is Larufy.
Literally the #4 and #1 manga of all time but sure okay

My balls vibrated at the sight of this post.

Anyone would recognize Goku regardless of which form he is in, except Super Saiyan 3 and 4 i guess.

NHK owns the copyright of CCS, but even NHK does not attach importance to CCS, nor has it promoted CCS. NHK has helped precure free publicity, helped precure to establish voting websites, and helped precure to produce TV promotion programs. NHK did not give CCS a generous treatment.

Even NHK does not value CCS. How can the Japanese government pay attention to CCS?

Will Im@s perform in the olympics?

Then stop with the P-Bandai bullshit.
>P-bandai is my Pearl Harbor.

I also find it very strange that NHK owns the copyright of Clamp, but NHK seems to hate Clamp.

Tsubasa: Halfway through the production of Reservoir Chronicle, NHK suddenly stopped investing, and Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle almost faced the fate of being shackled

NHK also deliberately changed the TV playing time of Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card and deliberately changed the TV channel.

NHK did not help Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card to promote it. It’s really weird.

>shin chan is pretty soul, friend. you don't need to start blasting against something good just cause you think it stands against your favorite show.
what is my “favorite show” that I am supposedly protecting here? I’m saying that Abe the enormous tax raising idiot’s “cool japan” marketing scheme isn’t going to pick a character to represent japan that nobody in the west has ever heard of and when they google it they find a clip of a potato shaped squiggly kid standing on the roof of his house flapping his dick at the mailman
it could be written like fucking Tolstoy but it doesn’t matter because all people are going to see is a kid shouting gibberish while rubbing his naked ass against a dog

I agree, it's disgraceful

Attached: 0126-0127.png (1646x1300, 429K)

It doesn't fucking matter if Yea Forums agrees. What the fuck do they know about anime? This isn't 2003 anymore, this isn't the super sekrit elite anime hipster kids club anymore.

What about doraemon?

Came here to post this.
Did everyone who likes Doraemon die?

The dinosaur?

>no Pokémon

You are clearly all legit retards.

nah, bejita is better and also undefeated against gokek

Attached: 1568067008318.png (570x637, 1.04M)

Wheres CIRNO

Isn't it even stranger given that the government itself funded CCS?

Kodansha must have a big chunk of the IP so they don’t care as much.

>I WAS IN A MEETING WITH MY GOOD FRIEND ABE SHINZO AND THIS LOW ENERGY PIKACHU WAS UNABLE TO RECHARGE MY PHONE. SAD!

Attached: trumptweets_0.jpg (640x360, 45K)

Which precure season was that? I've only seen two of them. If this was a good season maybe I'll watch it as well.

No
NHK funds a lot of anime, a mahou shoujo for little girls is hardly noteworthy

no devilman or honey flash
pretty cure and not kamen rider what the fuck is going on

Mahoutsukai, It's pretty /u/ and yeah it's good. It has one of the most gut-wrenching endings of all Precure.

>no Pokémon
>no Doraemon

Attached: 40CB5D63-4AE9-404A-8FD4-045071459613.jpg (400x400, 26K)

>Fuck off back to R3ddit you stupid niggerfaggot poltard. That's a lie.

ABSOLUTELY BASED

>Epic upvote fellow redditor of all Yea Forums.

>Yokai over YuGiOh or Pokemon stuff
Sounds like bullshit.

Read the thread

>No Gintoki in sight
Should have replace nardo if we are ta;lomg bout cultural aesthetic

Attached: where were you when epstein was murdered.jpg (1920x1080, 137K)

Doraemon became irrelevant ever since his voice changed.

This isn't news.
This has been known for two years.

>no hello kitty
They did my girl dirty

This

>Doraemon
Shit, my age is showing. 1980s was the best. and unless I'm tired, Where the fuck is Lupin III??

Attached: tumblr_n6zqvdv4BF1r66h7yo1_500.gif.cf.gif (500x340, 1.01M)

>lain
>13.
PRESENT DAY
PRESENT TIME
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

which one?

Feels like Vegeta ought to be on there too but I guess it's mostly just main protags/mascots

>All this anal devastation over a red cat
Hilarious.

Attached: 1537644360301.jpg (467x500, 44K)

Yet Stand By Me is the fourth highest grossing anime film of all time hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Probably not best to promote your Olympics event with the world’s most wanted criminal. Italy would probably do it though, those guys fucking love Lupin. Can’t say I blame them, he’s a groovy guy.

i like Nobuyo Oyama better though, she actually sounded authentic in her voice acting.

Unironically based

Hey, at least he’s still better remembered than fucking useless Gohan

Attached: 12BB5F82-6EBD-4A68-9491-1154BCF35CC1.png (1066x1600, 200K)