Is Arararagi a self-insert, a well-written character, or both?

Is Arararagi a self-insert, a well-written character, or both?

Attached: 1556001923918.jpg (1280x1440, 247K)

>has a harem
self-insert
he might be a well written character depending on who you ask

I love little girls as well

Remember this man is NOT a lolicon.

Big difference between characters that some people like to self-insert into, and characters designed to be self-inserts

Attached: 203555.jpg (360x360, 20K)

araragi's nothing like a living human being

Yeah, he experiences love

Of all the things to complain about, you choose this. Did you even watch the 200 different seasons?

>complain
sasuga

Outside of his muscular body, there is nothing that's stopping me from imagining myself as Araragi.

None of the above

It's certainly a self-insert character, and he's really good at being it, so I guess that also makes him a well-written charcater since he succeeds in what he's supposed to succeed.

Does Araragi like mature women?

Well he is neither vampire or human enough to be one.

He's entertaining, but he's very obviously intended to be a self insert, but the fact that he has an outrageous, confident personality rather than your typical nice guy self insert redeems him.

he's a lolicon

I always thought he was a parody of self insert light novel protagonists. Mainly because he thinks he's a lot more useful than he actually is. 90% of the stories in this series end with him "fixing" a problem by bringing it to someone who can actually solve the problem. Outside of rare occasions, he usually just gets in the way when he tries to do anything else.

>He's obviously supposed to be a self-insert in spite of having his own interests, personality, opinions and attitude toward life that most people will have trouble self-inserting into.
Yea Forums is fucking retarded.
Everything you guys say is utter nonsense and you spout misinformation and lies just to insult someone or something.

I think that post was joking, from the looks of the contradictory wording

I have a phd in physics, your' dumnb

no he's not, we've been though this before

>Everything you guys say is utter nonsense and you spout misinformation and lies just to insult someone or something.
You're half right, I also spout nonsense to bait people like you.
This guy gets it.

Attached: 1566169508926.jpg (858x682, 115K)

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Nisemonogatari_04_(1280x720_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[7FA3F0BD].mkv_snapshot_23.47_[2019.08.29_14.1 (1280x720, 1.49M)

His "I'll save anyone who needs saving" character comes across as a very self-insert trait, but the stories do later develop his personality to make both selfish exceptions and radical extremes, which then deviates from being self-insert.

she's the one who got in the bath, what did you want him to do, sperg like your average romcom mc?

>has no personality besides being heterosexual and a vague sense of justice
The hallmarks of any poorly written nip self insert, Seriously does the guy have any interests, hobbies or traits at all that stand out as interesting or unique?

math

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Nekomonogatari_03_(1920x1080_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[9C0A49B3].mkv_snapshot_03.22_[2019.09.02_23. (1920x1080, 3.31M)

>young adult male
>extremely self confident
>ridiculous personality
>a bit of a lolicon
>living in a nightmare world fueled entirely by memes
Perfect self insert, idk what any of you guys are talking about...

Yes

he spent a whole page explaining how he's not a lolicon
face it, he only molests little girls ironically

Attached: 1566751041859.jpg (1240x1754, 719K)

probably both, he's self-aware though so it's cool

Attached: 1555398796179.png (998x868, 1.74M)

Oh, he is (not) a lolicon. Got it.

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Nisemonogatari_10_(1280x720_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[631AE5D8].mkv_snapshot_06.43_[2019.09.01_17.1 (1280x720, 1.51M)

>I also spout nonsense to bait people like you.
I think you're retarded, now. Is that it? That's your master plan? To look like a retard?

You missed the point you idiot. If he isn't a regular human then how is he self-insert? That's on OP

rararagi pls go

>self-insert
Maybe if you're an idiot. Araragi could easily avoid half of his problems if he actually thought about them before he did stupid shit.

It's natural for an older sibling to check their younger siblings for injures,it's the responsible thing to do

he flipped up a JCs skirt

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Kabukimonogatari_02_(1920x1080_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[960BE928].mkv_snapshot_16.22_[2019.09.08_2 (1920x1080, 1.74M)

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Nekomonogatari_Shiro_05_(1920x1080_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[8A63010B].mkv_snapshot_23.12_[2019.09. (1920x1080, 1.45M)

I wouldn't say he's a self insert since he's shown to be wrong and actually has something of a character arc.

He kind of sucks and gets shit on in fights constantly, he's an idiot who needs most people to solve his problems for him, and in general his self sacrificing attitude genuinely starts causing problems later on and is a personal trait he needed to fix, among other things.

> kizu
> get's horribly thrashed in 2/4 fights and would have lost without luck/someone telling him what to do
> doesn't stay as a vampire with crazy OP powers
> doesn't get to date the vampire
> doesn't get to date the glasses girl
nah, he gets fucked over way too often to be a self insert.

He has a lot of traits that are the typical standard for a self-insert MC but the difference is the amount he's wrong and punished for them.

>sense of justice but is mostly a huge hypocrite about it and almost always in the wrong
>has a harem but doesn't get the girl he wants most and pisses off self-inserters because he regularly causes more harm than good to some girls
>actually gets a gf but they have too many problems to be cute and he can't move on from Cat
>hates himself but less so in a quirky relatable way but instead is punished by the plot for it
>not actually that strong, usually loses in fights and needs to be saved

He's a parody on both.
Nisio's self-insert is Kaiki

God i wish that were me.

Attached: 1564732820926.jpg (890x860, 142K)

He's a pedophile with incestuous tendencies and both of his parents are cops. If he didn't live in a urban fantasy setting where all the actual little girls are forms of undead, then he'd be a fucking trainwreck of a person with a biography similar to a standard serial killer; honestly, the fact that he lives in a household where incest subtext is so strong it's questionable why the parent's have been off screen so long.