Is there such thing as too much escapism?

Is there such thing as too much escapism?

Attached: 1567002901868.gif (600x350, 1.93M)

I wanted whiskey, you cunt.

nope

Yes.

Attached: 1560777466498.jpg (600x350, 23K)

Yes, if you spend more than 4 hours a day on Yea Forums or anime you are probably afflicted with it.

Depends on how you use it, I sometimes watch anime before hitting the gym for autistic motivation.
It actually works quite well, I imagine other such things could be worked that way like religion for one thing.
It's just a medium and won't hurt unless you watch irresponsibly.

Attached: nanachi plushy.jpg (600x579, 237K)

Attached: pripri iinchou suicide.webm (1280x720, 2.44M)

Attached: 1567468687151.jpg (332x152, 8K)

I watched the first couple episodes of this and couldn't stop crying. Had to stop watching. Felt too unhealthy.

Sometimes I wished I could fall sleep and never wake up so a little more couldn't hurt.

I'll stop trying to escape from the world when it stops being a piece of shit.

but escapism is stopping me from killing myself

Then do it you simpering bitch

Attached: 231415341342.jpg (818x479, 98K)

>almost everyone that watched the show killed themselves
Yes.

Attached: 1559454839842.png (682x1024, 523K)

Killing yourself is a sin

Attached: 1558496585180.png (1000x1000, 345K)

got a single fact to back that up?

Attached: jc bait.png (600x605, 71K)

what show is it?

Does anyone know if Stalker dropped the new chapter today?

Attached: 1559141956123.jpg (1440x810, 224K)

Reverse image search, retard

Tulpas is probably where you should draw the line. Giving yourself schizophrenia so you don't feel so lonely is going too far. Other than that, no.

all the memes and posts about this over the year and this gif is whats finally going to make me want to watch this show

Why is this show so good at providing a source of escapism? No quality in particular is outstanding, but it still made me want to binge it over the course of 2 days in which I was working 12+ hour shifts

I hope he updates the eternal loli list one of this days

Attached: 1530176540078.png (402x469, 166K)

>I was working 12+ hour shifts
It's good specifically because it's designed specifically for overworked adults to enjoy after they get home. Senko is pure, distilled iyashikei.

Attached: 1552050204769.png (1520x2167, 357K)

escapism is all right it's just when you start neglecting yourself is when it becomes a problem.

until the day I can put my brain in a vat and live in an anime vr world the answer is no

Escapism: Exists
The World: Will Not Change

Attached: 1490449575032.jpg (463x327, 30K)

What if user's tulpa did all she can to make him a better person and was successful?

Attached: 1559932227241.jpg (562x1516, 70K)

Why don't these fucking /r9k/-tier posts get deleted on sight? Fucking lazy ass mods.

Our (hereby referring to everybody on Yea Forums) escapism into anime is necessary. We are drawn to it because we cannot function in society - so anime fills the role normal interacts and happiness otherwise would.

I'm a comparatively large normalfag, but I've come to realise that I'll never become a real normalfag. Escapism into anime, exercise, music etc is literally all that keeps me from topping myself.

No new chapter last week for some reason.
I have to remake it from scratch, but I'll get to it eventually. For now I want to catch up to U149 first before moving onto Hakka.

>No new chapter last week for some reason.

Attached: 1557327907401.jpg (1440x810, 166K)

Ah that explains a lot.
Do you know when we are getting a new Tawako?
I fucking loved it but I'm looking for ways to safely get it shipped to me while avoiding the moral police as much as possible.

No, so long as it involves you and you alone, there's absolutely nothing wrong with anything, even if it is unto the point of death. Normalfags like to talk about freedom and goodness, but for some reason all that goes out of the window as soon as these subjects are applied to people they don't like for one reason or another or are indoctrinated not to like by institutions.

Attached: old man aot.jpg (652x652, 68K)

Attached: nojya loli waifu.png (539x695, 84K)

If escapism is causing suicidal thoughts, anti-social behavior, illegal acts, causing harm to yourself/others mentally or physically then it could be classified as too much escapism.

Without escapism humanity would be bored, overpopulation may dominate, etc... (If you removed all forms of entertainment with no practical purpose you'd be left with work as fun and reproductive sex for fun) escapism and producivity are excellent population control mechaisms. Although in many modern countries it has gone a bit too far towards the escape real life and not enough making babies. We need Abe approves or something.

Marche was right. That little faggot needed to go straight back into the wheelchair.

>Although in many modern countries it has gone a bit too far towards the escape real life and not enough making babies.
That's nonsense and escapism is simply a tool people used to alleviate themselves of the pain that the cause of it causes. And the cause of escapism are poorly functioning systems of social cohesion that abandon people or make having families unsustainable long term.

>causing suicidal thoughts
Pretty much anything can cause suicidal thoughts.

Marche was a gigantic faggot too because he didn't bother argumenting himself beyond "But you're wrong because it's bad and it's bad because I say it i!"

>the cause of escapism are poorly functioning systems of social cohesion that abandon people or make having families unsustainable long term.

>Posting on Yea Forums
>'Lack of social cohesion is the reason I can't get laid!'

Sure buddy, multiculturalism is the problem.

Lmao

No

Attached: large.jpg (500x341, 33K)

Maybe when you do drugs.

Normalfags use drugs or alcohol as their escapism.

Anime is the least risky form of escapism.

Meanwhile, you have people collecting basketball shoes and even murdering or robbing people over basketball shoes as their form of escapism.

Then you have people who use sports as escapism. Just memorizing sports facts as their form of escapism.

There are more critical forms of escapism and anime is not really one of them.