GT Ending

Love or hate 99% of the show, it has the best ending in the franchise and works as a franchise ending.

I'm not wrong.

Attached: Goku_leaves_with_Shenron.jpg (509x382, 44K)

Yes

Based

At least it fucking ended...but they had to drag back out the dead corpse.

If I had to get someone into DB, I'd tell them to watch Super then GT, solely for the reason GT makes more sense as a final ending. In fact, the entire Shadow Dragon arc makes much more of a poetic way to end Dragon Ball, over... Broly or whatever's next.

GT > Super

Attached: 1536894892988.jpg (900x1200, 275K)

Why the fuck do they still make Dragonball? I let go when GT ended. Why can't you nerds just let it die?

Attached: 1567463440911.png (465x465, 338K)

Based, GT is better than Super and I don't know why people on the Dragon Ball threads deny otherwise.

Dispite the show having great ideas and yet executing them poorly, this was to me a going full circle ending to the franchise especially its connection to journey to the west.

sad but trueeee

That was the exact intent. It's a shame most people don't see it for what it really is, because the first half, if not most of the show is a slog.

I won't deny that it gave me shills when I watched it, but it just completely misses the point of Goku's character. He isn't meant to be a savior that dies for everyone's else's sins. That's just so off it weird I even typed that looking back.

Not to mention that the shadow dragons were the perfect final enemy to the franchise as it goes all the way back to how and what the series was all about, dragon balls. The idea of abusing they're power constantly definitely gave of a point in responsibility.

I don't know whether I missed something or not, but all I saw in the ending was Goku getting on Shenrons back and then having the dragon balls absorbed through his skin and then disappeared.

The ending was purposely left ambiguous.

I want a DB spin-off focused on Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr.

Because Toriyama and Toei are greedy fucks.

Ending is overrated and makes no sense.

Toriyama feel like he wanted more money.
Just wait before he feels that again in a few years, he gonna retcon DB Super onyl to sell you his new crap again

We already knew since a long time ago it was Toei the who wanted to restart the series with their stupid Virus villain movie, Tori just decided he wanted to get his say in it if Toei were gonna do it anyway

GT has better consistent animation than Super, but Super's 'budget' scenes are better overall, does that make sense?

Either this or Dragon Ball Online have the best endings this franchise will ever see, because back then writers still had some integrity left.
Rest assured, no matter what happens or how DB Super "ends", it won't be as definite as those 2. It'll be some open ended shit to keep the kids happy and maybe continue in the future, while GT further twisted the knife by making a movie where all your heroes long since died of old age and only Pan remains

'With that last scene, right from when Dragon Ball GT began we had decided “let’s do it like this!” Not knowing whether he’s alive or dead, that sort of image. It was precisely because that scene had already been decided upon that we were able to have Goku make his impressive appearance at the end of the TV special “Goku’s Side Story! The Proof of his Courage is the Four-Star Ball”. ' - GT producer Kōzō Morishita

The original though, poor americans got a poor ending montage, really ruins the whole thing.

You aren't wrong. The ending is GT's one saving grace, and boy does it save.

Virus villain?

Fuck Funimation.

Toei's original idea of the Battle of the Gods movie was about some virus villain that infects people and turns them evil, and they had the idea that it was this dude the guy who made the saiyans into dicks a long time ago, until Tori came in and changed everything

Based Toriyama. Please don't tell me that the name 'Beerus' is derived from 'Virus'

You're correct.

It was

Dammit, that's retarded. When did Toriyama ever name his characters something edgy like "virus"? Names in Dragon Ball are always either random and humorous or else fit the character (e.g. Cell). Being a God of Destruction who annihilate worlds instantaneously is not like being a virus.

Cause it's also beer pun, just like how the gods and angels are named after drinks. He probably just heard the word virus and thought "hey that sounds like beer"

The beer connection makes it better I guess (and Whis = whiskey), but it's so inane that Toei was going in that other direction before Toriyama swooped in and saved the day.

As a child I enjoyed GT a lot.

I loved Trunks and Goten so it was nice seeing them grown up.
The fights were cool.
Fusion was the coolest fucking shit.

I did watch it on TV so with a lot of repeats and I didn't know the actual release schedule but it was still fucking FUN.

Trunks is so fucking hot

this, they've gone the opposite direction with the planet sized super dragonballs for whatever reason

I've read this fanfic before.

>Mitsui Jun

Attached: DiJ7YGEUwAATxJB.jpg (1378x1378, 465K)

No, it was shit. GT is not canon.

All the shadow dragon fights were just so.....boring though. GT's biggest problem was the complete lack of creativity in the most of the fight scenes. And omega shenron as the final enemy was terrible.

That Big Bang Kamehameha was an absolute disgrace.

Mexicans need their surrogate father to beat up more people.

>tfw Dragon Ball is too smart for you

Attached: retard.png (220x229, 5K)

What do you feel would have made a good final enemy to Dragon Ball?

A lot of people forget about that movie. It really hammers it in.

It being ambiguous was the best part

Dragon Ball isn't meant to have an ending
Toriyama never wanted an ending like that, he wanted an open ending

>implying Vegetto Blue's Final Kamehameha was any good
>canon=good non-canon=bad
imagine being this NPC

>GT has better consistent animation than Super, but Super's 'budget' scenes are better overall, does that make sense?
I kind of get what you mean but I don't agree.

Toriyama wanted to can everything with Frieza, but they didn't let him. Before he went full sellout, he actually left things mostly wrapped up whenever he felt it was a good point to stop.
Too bad retarded spics and nostalgiafags will forever keep praising it to high heaven and bringing it back from the dead. Nowadays it isn't convenient to let DB end but it wasn't always the case.

Dragon Ball isn't designed to "end"; Toriyama just makes it up as he goes along and introduces a new "super strongest ever in the entire multiverse" character every arc — sometimes with some excuse as to why this character was hitherto not mentioned nor seen, and sometimes not.

Also, Bulma had a sibling all this time — Dragon Ball is truly the biggest testament to how any semblance of a coherent plot or creativity is not a requirement to get insanely popular.

That particular scene doesn't make a lick of sense, but Goku walking away from the World Tournament, Dan Dan Whatever playing, and remembering all the major moments throughout the franchise was great. Probably the best send off Goku will ever get.

>Toriyama wanted to can everything with Frieza, but they didn't let him
that's just an old rumor, he's never said he ever intended to end the manga with the frieza arc

Even Neko Majin takes place after the EoZ instead of being an eternal Zombie Simpsons time frame like DBS. Dragon Ball had a lot of flaws; but until DBS, it never stood in one place relive the past. Frieza was killed off easily by Trunks because his arc was over.

I thought GT's endijg was great, but the Goku jr. Movie I like a lot more because it was like the series had gone full circle and come back to a place resembling the original dragon ball.

Attached: 1508851413321.png (640x480, 369K)

>I'm not wrong
Based