Official manga rock shutdown

Official manga rock shutdown.
thoughts? opinions? did you use it user? are they doing the right thing?

Attached: SmartSelect_20190908-183536_Chrome.jpg (699x629, 108K)

My thought and opinion is that OP is a fag.

What? But why?

What's a good alternative now?

MangaDex

Whatever. Never used it. Couldn't care less.

fpbp

If they wanted to play virtue all they had to do was remove chapters that had Western tankoubon releases. The way they're doing it now is dumb. Good thing we have Mangadex.

Attached: pii_cheer.jpg (152x172, 16K)

i used it a lot, it was great.
I don't get what the problem is with taking the app out of the app store, the actual good app was manga rock definitive which wasn't on the app store in the first place.

Mangadex for fanscanlations and mangasee online for official scanlations. 4channel and desuarchives for Yea Forumsnonymous translations without typesetting (e.G. Baki)

Wew, not a fan of this timeline at all. I'm out

>MangaDex
>MangaDex is pro-scanlator. This means that while scan groups are free to upload their content to their site, they are also free to remove it.
It's shit.

Yeah, that's how fucking GitHub operates too, you are free to add or remove your own work, it makes sense, even if some dickheads misuse it

download your manga you scrubs.

>reading anime anywhere but Yea Forums
this whole thread is reddit cringe

Attached: 1567913440016.jpg (1197x761, 173K)

Why would I use this shit in the first place.

Before this I didn't know iToddlers were so cucked they only have one option to read manga, now I believe all the bullying they get is deserved.

sucks if you're an iOS user. but supposedly they're going to keep the servers running for premium users and subscribers to their MR comic service. realistically though they have zero reason to run the servers now that they're dealing with a fixed/diminishing user base with no means of increasing user revenue. MR comics is going to fail so it's only a matter of time till they pull the servers too. Sucks for Tachiyomi users too since manga rock was literally the best source to download manga from in Tachiyomi.

Meraki, Champion, JB, etc, etc.

>follow 200+ series
>cringe at the thought of having to go back to checking mangadex and bakaupdates regularly
>and having to bookmark dozens of translator sites/megaupload dumps, etc just to stay up to date with my weekly/monthly series

Wouldn't be so bad if goddess wasn't dead but what ya gonna do?

Attached: 1558196905458.jpg (903x1019, 89K)

Manganelo is the best, followed by mangadex

There's still other options even on iOS.

Mine also includes that nothing of value was lost.

Fuck off phone fag

I was using Mangabird before Mangarock. You can find shitty clones of Mangabird with near identical UI in the iOS store. MR had the best interface and faster servers (since the clones pull from the usual aggregators).

iPad has been the best way to enjoy manga since 2010 poverty fag

Just use mangastorm

>He doesn't have a 1200x1920 monitor or 1600x2560 monitor for reading manga.
I simultaneously pity you and laugh at your ignorance.

The servers are staying up for everyone (including free users) as long as they have premium users. You're making this out to be a bigger deal than it is.

>Wouldn't be so bad if goddess wasn't dead but what ya gonna do?
Start using IRC again and realize we never should have stopped?

>poverty fag
>pirates his manga instead of buying official releases
topkek

Are you retarded or poor? 4k has been a standard for several years and a common staple of multi monitor setups. Doesn't excuse the fact that reading manga in the monitor sucks, even in portrait view. Literally straight out of 2005.

>"staying up for everyone"

Servers don't run on gum drops and rainbows. Don't be naive and believe pie in the sky promises that have no base in reality. As long as they can't grow their revenue, the service is as good as dead and it's only a matter of time.

I still visit the usual channel regularly but fucking hassle man

>wastes money on what he can get for free

that's why you're poor.

It's a good thing all the faggots work on shit series anyway.

>people rushed from the woodwork to protect exhentai
>Manga Rock sees no hope on the horizon

>Are you retarded or poor?
>Retard calls others retarded
Just because you have poor reading comprehension and can't follow context doesn't mean you should reply, especially when you have shit opinions.

Is this bait? The real app was never on the App/Play stores anyway and the definitive apk is still the first result on Google. Don't underestimate word of mouth.

pretty much this.
its all good if you got nothing better to do 8 hours a day except compile manga onyour computer from several diferent sites and dumps.
but for slavecucks and college fags manga rock did a great job of compiling everything for you and even updating it prerty regurarly.
plus if you got it back in the day you didnt even need to pay no membership shit, just 5 bucks for a lifetime of manga.
ill miss this shit boys

I really hope you have enough brain cells to figure out why.

they said they will only be keeping the servers up so everyone cam back up theur data.
fan translates are still going to be available but you'll have a shitty pop up saying PLS BUY every chapter

S. The Android app was filled with malware.

Attached: 1518671100077.jpg (409x409, 35K)

I didn't even know it was an app, I just used it for reading with decent quality without downloading or making accounts.
Hell, I have a gorillion bookmarks on firefox I have to redo again with whatever alternative I find now.

Attached: 1391580345550.jpg (640x480, 25K)

What if normies stopped using readers and groups just released DDLs for everything so their shit doesn't turn into lost media that needs to be re-upped by a third party enterprising enough to steal their already illicit work.
Haha wouldn't that be crazy

More like I, Vietnamese person running Manga Rock, got too arrogant, never hid my identity or real life office location, saw what Japan did to the Philippines guy running Mangamura; trying to publicly appeal for forgiveness so Vietnam doesn't decide to deport me to Japan

Github is shit. Mass Banned many /g/ posters who contributed to that feminist code shit project and did not appear to life the ban even now.

Github doesn't even permanently ban Communist Chinese code but they will permanently ban posters from /g/.

Whats wrong with that? I would ban anyone from /g/ from anything on principle.

based