Who's the better artist, Takehiko Inoue (Vagabond) or Inio Asano (Oyasumi Punpun)?

Who's the better artist, Takehiko Inoue (Vagabond) or Inio Asano (Oyasumi Punpun)?

Attached: vagabond punpun.png (423x305, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=swBhVx9X4n8
youtube.com/watch?v=pUDUK-yvwQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Inoue

Neither of them, I'll have to go with the third option: Yoshihiro Togashi

Attached: togashi's paneling.jpg (1789x1247, 443K)

Attached: IMG_0293.jpg (756x1100, 209K)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
someone pull out the art for "O MY RUBBER NEN"

Togashit barely even manages to finish his art half the time you little shits should be happy when he or his assistants do or when you get a chapter.

Based peabrain

He's right though. Manga isn't about who can draw the most detailed set of abs. It's about being able to effectively use the format to convey humanity and meaning through paneling and composition. Togashi is a master of fundamentals, paneling and creating memorable page composition. The man is a genius who can set up his scenes from interesting pov angles that are able to put in contrast what each scene is exactly trying to portray. As an example, I'll direct you to this page which is one my favorites of Togashi's magnum opus. Let me break it down for you:

The head shot of Gon breaks the boundaries of the first panel, which already takes up almost the entire first half of the page, making him feel imposing and setting the tone. His pointing hand is aimed right at the eyes of the reader and it seems to hover above the page, making it feel close and uncomfortable.
The reactions to his words are framed around the hand, small and unimportant. The final panel is a shot of the enemy's feet, giving the idea that they're looking down in defeat and submission.

Other examples

Attached: 1525910270975.png (611x852, 384K)

Punpun guy can only trace.

Well at least it's not that shitty spread that gets posted every single time someone talks about togashi's art.

His stuff can be good from time to time but in general he's inconsistent in quality and style

ITT: idiots wanking the shit out of togashi just to feel validated when discussing about how their preffered shounen manga is suppossedly better than the rest of the trash it belongs with.

Araki and miura are better at paneling and their art doesn't suck ass like togashi's

This. Also, both Inoue and Asano are Togashi fanboys. Inoue did several drawings for HxH volume inserts because of how much he loved the series and Asano called Togashi a genius in one of his newer manga.

Attached: 1499366667599.png (802x876, 496K)

When will you learn what qualifies something as "art"? Pretty, overly detailed pictures? Kek, definitely not. At the end of the day, it all boils down to being creative, effective and smart with the tools and methods at hands, which Togashi has masterfully perfected. That man doesn't care if he needs to use brushes or simple linework to put the envisioned atmosphere and feeeling on paper, he will use anything as long as he can perfect his work

Attached: art versus overly detailed 'pretty' pictures.jpg (3198x927, 838K)

Asano Inio, like many modern mangakas nowadays, can't function without the safety net that is undo button.

>literally tracing other works of art
>being creative

Get a load of this guy, Mizukami Satoshi can convey more emotion and a deeper atmosphere with five lines than Togashi with entire spreads and he's not tracing shit.

God I hate shounenniggers and especially HxH retards. Literally the biggest cancer on Yea Forums.

What kind of fucking retarded question is this?

Attached: 465464363.jpg (2284x1600, 2.97M)

Sorry to tell you this, but your "better artist" doesn't even draw nowadays and hasnt been doing it for years

Attached: 0018 - 0017.png 0017.png (877x1300, 201K)

What a retarded thread.

Between those two Inoue.

Try to say something new nextime.

Attached: hunterspam.png (1854x732, 201K)

This is legit the first time i laughed IRL on Yea Forums.

Kill yourself

no u

Exactly, what's the point of gushing over traced images before a computer-generated background?

>DUDE HE DREW THE THING SO THAT IT LOOKS LIKE IT'S NOT IN THE PANELS HOLY SHIT

I don't read either manga but the bits and pieces of Vagabond I have seen are the best manga art I've seen

read some shoujo manga or something and you'll see this shit a lot

>Guaranteed replies
Come one guys, it wasn't even good bait.

Kill yourself.

Attached: Shit x Shit.png (640x923, 564K)

Attached: O.png (848x459, 200K)

>Derivative "art" that steals the composition of a better artist to seem deep is better than something created from scratch
By that logic araki is a fucking ancient god of art just by the sheer number of renaissance and classical era paintings (and other famous works of art) he has plagiarized over 100 volumes.admit it, he resorts to plagiarism as a crutch to hide his trash technical skill and his poor taste in composition
Jesus you hunterXretards are in a whole new fucking level

calm down retard

>reading this at face value
Asano was implying that stuff like HxH are extremely shallow, that's why it's popular and Togashi is praised by casual readers who only read if because of its popularity.

You would have to be delusional to think Asano is the best when all he does is trace photographs that he prints out. youtube.com/watch?v=swBhVx9X4n8

Attached: the master at work.png (1032x566, 647K)

Based Hunterchad

cringe
based

>hunterchards can completely derail a thread that has nothing to do with them
How do they do it?

I suspect of the mods is one of them.

>soulless digital shit
yuck

Would explain why their spam posts don't get deleted I guess

Fucking this, but it's also so fucking hilarious

It's obviously Makoto Yukimura

Attached: pqNOyAh.jpg (1200x854, 343K)

>hunterfags now trying to define art to fit their narrative
fucking what

Hunterchads rise up!

Itagaki Keisuke

Attached: the weak should fear the strong.jpg (262x192, 17K)

this

Attached: 0abf7fef09c3e9663da831ec7be41b18.jpg (600x580, 128K)

Hunterchads are honestly the best shitposters on Yea Forums

Based, better anatomy than all these other plebs

Attached: 1562882632487.png (777x1200, 981K)

smart man

The question was who can draw a better set of abs though

Based Hunterchads
youtube.com/watch?v=pUDUK-yvwQs

This will get shitted on as much as Vinland Saga once the anime airs.

Shinichi Sakamoto >> others

Attached: x23.png (2226x1600, 1.28M)

As a pure artists point, Takehiko Inoue is my favourite mangaka. Above everyone else.

hunterfags are different breed

need sauce

Innocent

I wish the mods would just autoban anyone posting anything HxH related / any HxH image.
Most annoying shitposters on the entire website. I know that that's their game, fine, they accomplished their goal: they're being stupid cunts. Great job.

At this point I'd accept Naruto over HxH

Im like 90% sure one of the mods is a hunterfag so he lets this their shit pass. Otherwise they have literally excuse for how long it takes before their posts get deleted considering they consist of spam.

I've seen these exact same copypastas a couple times and these kids embarrass themselves every time. They get humiliated by Dragon Ball fans, Berserk fans, Jojo fans, its honestly impressive.

>They get humiliated by Dragon Ball fans, Berserk fans, Jojo fans,
Nice fantasy. Jojo was a nice touch, I'll admit

No self-awareness.

Not him but I read shoujo from time to time and never seen it. What titles are you referring to?

why do you guys always have a problem with tracing or rotoscoping? if the art turns out great then why should it matter?