Was it a masterpiece?

Was it a masterpiece?

Attached: E17DE04D-7E95-4AB6-9236-897D7CFE2606.jpg (800x450, 56K)

It was a hell of a masterpiece. The first season was very light hearted even though a lot of stuff was going on. Why would Asahina let Haruhi do all that shit? Why is Yuki like that? Why does Koizumi act like *that*? Why are there so many conflicts and interesting things going on but they don’t focus on them? Why aren’t they focusing on the fact that Haruhi is a literal God? Because the anime is not about that. It’s more about their crazy experiences and how this characters get dragged into funny situations and all of that. And while it’s really enjoyable and the tinted sci-fi is well implemented, it could’ve been much more than a (very) good SOL Comedy. Then the second season happened and the focus is more on the characters. Everyone hated endless eight, but it was the closest the show got to true character exploration rather than iconic situations. Kyon was simply very intrigued about Yuki, and it isn’t until this very moment that Yuki starts questioning her role. Haruhi was afraid of being a secondary character in life with a boring life, but Yuki was afraid of being a secondary character in her very own life. Then the Vanishing happened and everything exploded, Asahina became a mature, self-sufficient and strong adult. Kyon realized he loves being dragged in this crazy situations and Yuki realizes she wants to be someone in life. Since the bitch is gone for most of the movie, character exploration happened, and it was great and cathartic. The best sequel you could ask for.

Yes.

Yes. It's a superb adaptation.

Yes. Takemoto's talent was taken from us too soon. ;(

Attached: hyouka_grid.jpg (9600x7560, 3.99M)

No more than S1 already was.

yes

>Haruhi..
>Yeah what?
>Looks good on you
>....
>KOTAE WA ITSUMO WATASHI NO MUNE NI
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I - VI Sleeping beauty was top tier kino from start to finish. Imagine if SHAFT animates the Sleeping Beauty arc it would make for a great movie.

Damn, beautiful grid. Thanks for sharing it.

Based, melancholy arc is the best

The show was kinda eh whatever but the movie is really good

Shaft would be shit for Haruhi.

Outside the first scenes where Kyon acts completely freaked out (which I hated in the LN as well since it didn't make sense considering how much supernatural stuff he had already gone through), it was great. The character designs had a nice balanced look and rest of it (direction/screenplay, music, voice acting) was the usual good stuff while animation got an extra boost.

I already loved the series since it was a solid mix of scifi, mystery and slice-of-life with great characters so the movie wasn't anything revolutionary, though I would love to see earlier parts remade (and of course later parts freshly made) in same quality; even though the original episodes from 2006 look visually more interesting than most series made today because of the top tier directing and detailed animation, it still suffers from being mastered in SD.

Still one of my favorite pieces of media ever

Attached: 1547131791685.jpg (2400x3900, 2M)

Imagine being on Yea Forums and not being able to do the Hare Hare Yukai dance.

Yes

Absolutely

I discovered Haruhi when I was 9, and I always told myself I'd learn it eventually. I turn 20 in two months and I still haven't learned it.

Attached: I like ponytails.png (640x680, 578K)

Really? I reckon SHAFT's style of animating ordinary conversations and character interactions would suit the genre of the melancholy arc.

>I reckon SHAFT's style of animating ordinary conversations and character interactions would suit the genre of the melancholy arc
I think Kyoani is a lot better and "natural" in that aspect, however Shaft could do the surreal parts better.

without a doubt

No, Dragon Maid was.

Yes. My favorite forever.

Kys

>Why does Koizumi act like *that*?

Maybe his butt hurts.

Most likely

yep

Attached: 1554783429712.jpg (800x1600, 444K)