80's anime has become more popular every year for the past 5 years. Are kids actually watching more old anime?

80's anime has become more popular every year for the past 5 years. Are kids actually watching more old anime?

Attached: 80s anime.png (1194x600, 45K)

They are watching old anime because they finally realized how much shit is being produced in this day and age. Just take a look at every season, there's barely 3 anime worth watching

It's the 30 year old cycle effect.
People just tend to get obcessed with shit from around 30~ years ago.
Also helps that a lot of youtubers has started to use that annoying "it's like 80s aesthetic" for their videos and shit, which they stole from Vaporwave.

This too, there's frankly too much anime and most of it is garbage, rehash of older stuff, or just ads for light novels that never gets finished.
With 80s anime it's done, so you can binge it which a lot of people like, and it's very diffrent from modern anime, not just in terms of art but stories and writing.

you can add that nobody is watching or remembering all the shit that came out then, which I dont doubt exists. Its easy to believe "80s anime was better" when all you watch are the classics.

Pretty much, same shit happens with movies and music.
Of course I do seriously believe there is just too much anime for people to even care about anymore, and most is incredibly forgettable so no wonder people are seeking out older stuff.

>more people begin to watch anime
>as a result more people look for 80s anime
This proves nothing

This for sure. I recently tracked my completed anime and looked through every season and realized how much garbage there is and also that I have seen 99 percent of the good anime from the 1990's+. Got me to start watching maison ikkoku and other than how slow it is I really enjoy the mature themes that recent rom coms are completely lacking.

>Of course I do seriously believe there is just too much anime for people to even care about anymore,
absolute baka
You'd rather have more than enough to never completely consume, then not enough and desperate for any new thing.
That's like saying, people need to stop writing new books because there's already so much.

WTF happened in 2004? Why did it spike like that?

People are just searching for gifs to use in their Future-funk,lo-fi hip hop and Vaporwave compilation videos.

Attached: [Airyl] Gun X Sword - 06 (Hi10 576p) [7607B95A].mkv_snapshot_08.28_[2014.03.24_11.16.46].jpg (1024x576, 45K)

baseless hypothesis

this but unironically

>Modern anime is shit
Prevailing opinion among zoomers is the exact opposite. They can't stand the "look" of old anime. The 4:3 aspect ratio fucks with their heads.

>the more accessible the internet, and the more accessible content, the more likely people are to make A E S T H E T I C youtube videos and tumblr gifs
Woah.

Woah 80s anime is shit.

90s > 80s as confirmed by the-morons-who-search-anime-by-decade-on-google intelligentsia.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1529x901, 141K)

what was that spike?

zoomers are post ironically cringe-watching older shows too look cool

No clue.

>United States
Who fucking cares?

>The trends starts going up around 2013-2014
It's just the massive flood of newfags that sao and aot brought.