Fire Force

How come no one here seems to talk about this show? Even when the episodes drop the threads die quickly, what gives? Is it because of the kyoani fire?

Attached: HorribleSubs_Enen_no_Shouboutai_01_720p.mkv_snapshot_20.57_2019.07.05_15.05.19.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/57k9b6gp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's shit.

The past few episodes have been unironically great though, sure it's not as deep but it's still the best shonen on air right now

The airing day threads last for at least 24 hours. Even if you read the manga there's not much to discuss each week. It's a pretty straight-forward/shallow series.

Here in / a / de Yea Forums I am not surprised, they have shown me hundreds of times the lack of criteria and bad taste they have for the topics they deal with.
But it is not that there are no threads of this, quite often I look at threads related to En´n no Shoubutai

There is at least a thread every day. And Yea Forumsnons love to hate it.
The good thing about this show is that it offer nothing less than the average shonenshit.
The bad thing is that it offer nothing more than the average shonenshit.
So basically, is shit.

Its pretty meh. Pretty good animation enough to keep the newfags entertained with pretty lights, colors, and yelling.

>pretty lights, colors

This is really all it takes for the anime-only fans. I know the manga isn't exceptional but the anime viewers are apologetic each week pretending that the small moments of fluid animation make it amazing.

It is amazing, faggot. Go shaft yourself.

>Go shaft yourself

Funny how that all you guys seem to praise ever week.

awesome sound design, great music, good VAs

Attached: 1567803728683.jpg (773x773, 99K)

It is bad and boring.

Real problem is: not nearly as good as soul eater.
Seriously it doesn't look like the same author.
SE was so creative and original. The characters were all so interesting and charismatic.
FF in comparison look like shatted from a tipical shonenshit generator.

Dr stone won the Friday show

>Dr Flop won
Nice joke

It's bland as fuck, so that niche is already covered by Kimetsu no Yaiba, which has way better production values.

Also it will be forever live under Soul Eater's shadow, which completely blow it out of the water in every sense even with its totally garbage anime-original finale, and its slight less garbage manga finale.

>Is it because of the kyoani fire?
Yes. The scar is still fresh in everybody's mind, and this show airing during the same time as the incident left somewhat of a bad taste reminding everyone of the tragedy

Attached: tamaki smoking.jpg (1280x1584, 456K)

Waifu of the season

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Enen no Shouboutai - 09 [720p].mkv_snapshot_08.19_[2019.09.08_04.51.22].jpg (1280x720, 131K)

It's an okay show, but it leaves little to talk about besides how it would be better if they timed the fanservice and jokes with more care. Half the time the hype is killed seconds late for no good reason. Not to mention one dimensional characters.
It's a 6/10 at best.

Because the show is constantly brought down by a certain shitty cat
Far worse than zenitsu.

>Shoes and stockings remained intact

Attached: 1475206617024.jpg (456x366, 100K)

>Lucky Lewd Syndrome
>powers give her fire resistance
If you're gonna whine, whine about ACTUAL problems

Reddit hates her though

Attached: 1564219858103.jpg (1200x900, 133K)

fpbp

Better question is why nu-Yea Forums feels the compulsion to talk about every shonenshit ever.

its hot

see, he's right

Best girl confirmed.
Reddit's hate is like a quality seal os approval.

Zenitsu is pretty great though so that only means Tamaki is actually pretty great.

Attached: PhotoEditor_20190824_083701968.jpg (960x1354, 1.27M)

They both suck ass.

Gay.

t.faggot redditor

Attached: 1564230946025.jpg (810x1080, 77K)

fpbp

Attached: 1567902633196.png (428x314, 68K)

Attached: EDg6rkmU8AAM0Ie.jpg (1143x927, 75K)

Attached: EDduNSAUYAA9V1Y.jpg (768x768, 55K)

>Most announced FF doujins are about this lewd cat lady
Best timeline

Attached: 76442701_p0.png (620x877, 230K)

Are there some for best ship?

Attached: 76424485_p0.jpg (1075x1800, 781K)

>Even when the episodes drop the threads die quickly
The last thread was up for 2 days.
Stop being retarded.

Horrid taste. Tamaki is for everyone EXCEPT Juggernaut.

Attached: 76521163_p0.jpg (1080x1679, 979K)

That doesn't stop other shonenshit threads

This neko bitch is
1) Useless
2) Ugly
3) Pathetic
4) Horrible VA
5) Fanservice bait
6) Shallow
7) Retarded
8) Weak
And yet she is still more popular over beauties like Maki and Iris? WHY?

Attached: 1564173633605.jpg (585x885, 448K)

>Horrible VA
If you are going to bait you shouldn't make it painfully obvious.

>Liking Y**ki Aoi
Trash taste

I hope captain survives.

Attached: fuck x2.jpg (500x740, 274K)

All 8th girls are great. Right now in the manga it goes Maki > Tamaki > Iris.
Maki was always solid, Tamaki is finally more than fanservice fapbait while Iris is still unimportant. Both overall all girls are cute and good.

Attached: 76331693_p0.jpg (2251x3000, 703K)

It's because of stupid fanservice.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_08.42.784.jpg (1920x1080, 124K)

Why would you try to talk about currently airing anime adaptations of manga/LNs on Yea Forums? Getting spoiled by people who read the original source material is essentially guaranteed, so odds are that if you care enough about the show to actually want to talk about it you also care enough to not have it spoiled. That only leaves the people who have read the original and are also watching the anime, but if the original wasn't being discussed before the anime, odds are the anime also won't get much discussion.

Throw yourself in the trash, my man, you're as wrong as it gets.

Kimetsu no Yaiba shits on it in absolutely every fucking way.

So at the rate the anime is going can they adapt the Vulcan chapters?

The only well animated episode was the first one, but that was bait. The rest of the series is mediocre as fuck even in animation.

Kimetsu no Yaiba is overproduced stale Ufotable trash that found home in normie's nests like reddit because of it's pretentiousness.

The action scenes have been well animated throughout. What do you mean?

Why are you so afraid of being spoiled? Do you really watch things for the "surprise"?

>People actually like Y.Aoi
What the fuck. How is such a bad taste possible.

Attached: 1564184635619.jpg (557x495, 92K)

After watching KnY, FF is kinda bland tbqh

Jizzus, what happened to the world that a couple of shower scenes become a big deal?
Is like the internet is filled with fags and muslims.

It's fucking garbage mate.

KnY is already bland.

SJWs happened. Girls being cute and sexy is a crime now because "it ruins tension"

Attached: 75772446_p0.png (1254x1771, 3.23M)

Patrician taste

Attached: bubble.jpg (579x579, 44K)

Will MC bang this hottie?

Female lucky pervs are a rare breed.
Plus she is basically a catgirl. Bitches love catgirls.

I can't wait for the knight riding his horse.
And enjoy the reactions of the retards that truly think this manga/anime is supposed to be "serious" or "tense".

based and boogiepoppu da pilled

Maki is for the lieutenant

To be popular on Yea Forums show needs to be lolibait, fujobait or yuribait.

Arthur's entire character is a blessing and one of the best parts of FF.

Because it's even more bland and the characters even more one-dimensional than Kimetsu. And Kimetsu looks prettier so that seals its fate.

I want to experience stories in the order the author intended to have them revealed. I don't see why I'd make my experience worse by spoiling future events. Literally for what purpose? Make the story worse for oneself for what, to "discuss" it on Yea Forums?

>People seriously think that loli and moe is not fanservice
This is the WORST fanservice.
And affect the manga/anime way more heavily cause it affect the characters traits and personalities instead of being just an isolated "service shot" that can be ignored.

Attached: images.jpg (254x198, 10K)

This tbqhwy fampai

Attached: 1564287336814.png (1000x1132, 809K)

>Waifu of the season
Polygamy is disgusting

This show has some INCREDIBLY good animation moments, but HOLY FUCKING SHIT 90+% OF THE TIME IT'S OFF FUCKING MODEL AND LOOK LIKE HORSE SHIT.

It's like they just gave up, it looks SOO bad at times. Like easily one of the worst looking shows this season. Like holy shit, garbage like Isekai Cheat looks more on model than this show.

Do you have some example?

Because it's too generic and a huge letdown compared to Soul Eater

Look just watch the most recent episode there's like 10 minutes of examples.

I remember some times the face details aren't drawn, but don't remember anything off model.

I see everyone hyping up Soul Eater over this and really... that piece of shit anime with that horrible ending is what you guys compare FF to? As lomg as FF's ending isn't horrible it'll be far better than Soul Eater.

t.Blind retard

Truly a beautiful show.

Attached: ezgif-2-e7648ec256d8.gif (480x269, 2.68M)

in b4 his skin is literally too tough to bite through, that or he just becomes linked to the Adolla Burst and gets super DUPER fire strength

Attached: 3e02ba22d11210d0279cec37aa3b6bc0.jpg (2674x3583, 799K)

Attached: ee4a424ae51c1983a9844f2a828cd08c.jpg (1458x888, 524K)

Attached: EDyXRM-UEAIp3JF.jpg (933x1199, 96K)

Cute

>Flop
Look like someone still hasn't updated with the sales yet.

You mean the part from Vulcan's arc? I can't wait for those chapters to be adapted

>It's average, so therefore it's terrible.

It's because of the incompetent directing from mekaku shitty actors director.

Ending aside SE anime was good. And more than the anime is the manga that is praised.

The directing is the best part, faggot.

nice bait last thread reach the bump limit

Actually it didn't

>Still lower shit like than BC

Ending in the manga sucked as well nostalgia faggot.

you mean the past few fights right? The plot otherwise is garbage and the amount of fanservice is off-putting.

>ITT: some user is clearly pissed his favorite anime didn't get the production values Fire Force has to offer
there, there... maybe next time?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 19.png (906x1300, 342K)

I really hope that guy who talked about this show being more interesting than the other big budget battle shounen anime airing this year feels ashamed of his statement by now. This is like the quintessential example of a show held up entirely by production value.

ANIKI! NO!

Attached: aniki sleep.jpg (1423x1077, 167K)

>this show being more interesting than the other big budget battle shounen anime airing this year
I don't know the guy you're talking about, but it is more interesting.

The manga wasn't popular either

Also, Fire Force just feels like a downgrade from Soul Eater in terms of aesthetic

Honestly I find Shinra to be a very boring MC and the entire world sucks his dick so that's worse.

Not nearly as much as the anime.

Im enjoying it, fighting looks good as well as the fire, im enjoying the manga and it's sticking to it (hope it does not go the way of soul eater anime). wish it would cut down on the slow mo scenes mid fight, ruins the flow

Shit opinions: the thread

>How come no one here seems to talk about this show?
I will be brutally honest here:
>The story is boring.
>The setting is dull (which is a surprise considering that Soul Eater had a fantastic setting).
>And there is not a single interesting character.
I like some of the character designs, and the fights are cool, but that's about it.

I need a manga reader to answer: is Captain Zoro going to die like any other mentor figure? or is he somewhat relevant to the overall story beyond his eventual death?

latest chapter he is infected with a fire bug, up in the air if he goes infernal or retains his humanity

Dissapointing, has he done anything of note in the whole manga? I'm honestly just watching for him and Maki__

he had a a really good scene fighting one of the religious nuts with just his sheer strength and a ladder, also they delve into his backstory of why he's trying to solve the SHC cases and how he met Lt hinawa

meh, good enough, thanks anom

KnY has a lot more active threads even though you can make the same critiques. It's something else about Fire Force that makes it so bad it doesn't get Yea Forums's attention.

>Series not getting Yea Forums's attention = series is bad

What an awful reasoning. By this logic My Hero Cuckademia and Dr. Flop are good series.

Not for action show, maybe for dialogue heavier series where it would take advantage of messy structure, it mostly feels sluggish even when animation is doing its best to keep it dynamic.

It works fine. Just because it is different from other action shows doesn't mean it doesn't work.

It's not working because it doesn't flow together well. I don't remember last time i was so consistently brought out of the experience by shoddy directing like in this show. The episode in which they fought joker and the last one were the worst offenders, closely followed by the fight with Hibana. The fight with joker was actually pretty fucking nice, but the exposition scenes at the start where literally fucking whos show of their abilities were so damn bad and broke continuity all the time. Not to mention that the episode started suddenly without any explanations as to what is even happening. The fight with Rekka was nice when it didn't cut out for 20 seconds to focus on "emotional" scene where you see person facial muscles consort to create most unholy fucking awkward smile. Which means it was never nice.
I am really hoping for it to tap into the same thing that made Soul Eater enjoyable. But so far i am simply shit out of luck.

If something is not workimg for you doesn't means it's also not working for everyone else. If everyone followed the letter of how something should be and nobody ever deviated from it, this world would be even more boring.

Where the fuck was Arthur at the end of the last episode? Was it just a gag about him being lost or is he hiding something?
I laughed my ass off when they said he was lost and they cut to him looking confident but just now realized it might not have been a joke

it's 100% a joke.

I don't see how it's awful reasoning. Those series wouldn't be getting attention if they weren't notable in some way. Fire Force is just so unremarkable and shitty barely anyone talks about it. Not a hard concept to grasp.

When they cut to him wandering a desert I decided I definitely love this series

makicucks still seething

The amount of buzz words in this post must be record breaking.

This Gorilla Cyclops is so fuckin hot

Attached: 1564185593888.webm (800x450, 999K)

Because the 'attention' they get is pure shitposting and circlejerking their awful memes and taste, not actual discussion or even liking said show. Rather a chill thread with low posts that that garbage.

They're notable here for the low tier shitposting and rampant circlejerk in these two series fanbases you absolute neanderthal.

Cope

Compared with stuff like KnY or BNHA it's below average.

Not really.

>No yikes
>No cringe
>No okay sweaty
>No mention of tumblr
>no mention of dub/sub faggotry
>No awkward,terrible, and personal "fake" story about how Kimetsu reminds of his own stupidity or disgusting sexual experiment
Lets be honest, tried but he could do better if he applied himself. He's just repeating what the normal Yea Forums crowd is currently screeching to look edgy and cool. If it was record breaking, it would be screencapped then.

BNHA is the dictionary definition of "average"
Is literally what put the "shit" in "shonenshit".

Damn, I didn't know it hit that hard to people around here.

Why do you guys always talk crap about Fire Force.
It's fast entertaining and the plot is always moving forward.
No fillers not a single episode where something didn't get resolved.
What is it you guys really want from an anime?
G-Rated scenes where bulky guys scream at eachother so you can go with your H-fash boys and scream 'Diooooo" or "Chestoooo" to eachother thinkin ur that much cooler because you know some cheesy line from a cheese anime?
>Just help me understand what you guys think is good if you want to convince me Fire Force is trash

tl;dr : Why am I even here?

Attached: 1567283394452.png (1280x720, 929K)

With what? I'm enjoying both fire force and kny

I didn't even know it had a manga running for years before the anime was announced. And you want to know why? Because nobody talked about it either, since the plot is brain dead, and the lore is garbage. If it wasn't for the anime it would have stayed completely forgotten in the ditch, and even then the only saving grace is the animation.

Attached: Standing.gif (480x480, 2.04M)

How is it any worse then Naruto's, One Piece's or Black Clover's lore, backstory and braindeadness?

>firefighters who fight fire with fire
>plus, fanservice character for peak japanese humor

Attached: Shonen.gif (600x800, 122K)

With those you have actual lore and world building. The problem is that when i checked on the manga they barely want to touch on the story of some of the organizations or take literal ages to talk about one aspect of their world. The fact that it's a contemporary setting also doesn't do it any favors in relation anything interesting to look forward to outside of the obvious shit such as "what caused all this?" but that's the basic thing in most of them.

Hell, One piece is miles above most of those, with shit being alluded to or integrated prior so it doesn't feel jarring when it actually shows up, and I don't even follow it often, but Oda does write up stuff on the world and later expands on it.

>>firefighters who fight fire with fire
>t. I read the synopsis but don't actually know a thing about the lore to criticize it

So 9 episodes of One Piece, Naruto and Black Clover gave you all the Lore and Worldbuilding you are now compairing Fire Force to?

I'm pretty glad with the prospect of the Author not making up new World threatning bosses all the god damn time behind everything. And just sticks with one big baddy behind the curtains and you having to go through a fuckton of goons to finally find anything through the World that is Ablaze that barely resembles an idea of where it all started....

Attached: 1521820497140.jpg (392x309, 141K)

I read the manga out of curiosity after the announcement, it doesn't really change much format wise which is what my gripe is about. Obviously a few episodes aren't gonna do that much.

So... your tipical shonenshit.
Like Naruto, one piss and the other shit...

>>firefighters who fight fire with fire
They aren't putting out fires, retard.
They are fighting fire monsters and the power in this world is also based on fire.

>tfw you will never be gravel

>tfw you"ll never be a victim of Tamaki's lucky lecher lure

>but Oda does write up stuff on the world and later expands on it.
So basically the same thing Ohkubo does in FF?

They have only just about united all fire force units in the manga to attain a certain goal. And we got the introduction of a foreign institution.
>What would you rather have it had been instead of what it is now in order for you to not think it is trash?

Would you rather have it be yet another copy-cat shounen with loud protagonists that always seem to need to do a training montage to get just past that new threat on the horizon only to fail miserably in the fight and win by some Cheeky hidden power?

Attached: 1564166164310.jpg (640x689, 60K)

the manga is really fun. exceeded my expectations honestly.

In a long run actually is not too bad.
There is no excess of plot armors and power of friendshit. No random power ups. Training arcs are contained. And various plot elements emerge making the setting quite interesting.
Absolutely not the worst shonenshit i've read. I would even go as far to say that it deserve to exist.

Maybe I'm basic but the chapter with Assault undergoing his "training" to defeat Tamaki had my sides leave orbit.

Attached: fire force genius.png (306x180, 35K)

Indeed.
Tamaki is truly a female Yuuki Rito.
Opponents of the opposite gender can't do anything against her.

If Black Clover and Bleach deserve to exist pretty much any shonen does.

Attached: 1564176315667.jpg (800x1131, 169K)

Yeah it's the only time I've found the lucky lecher thing to be funny.

It has to be notable in itself to be popular enough to attract shitposters in the first place, what don't you understand about that?

>Implying there are no shitposters in this thread
And no, there is no correlation between good series and the shitposting they can produce here.

I hate how extremely generic it is, because it's created a very interesting world and backstory that don't give it any right to be.

Does he ever bang the nun? Might watch if so.

They were struggling hard to find some quick and easy meme when the show started, eventually settling on complaining about cat girl. Dr. Stone on the other hand was easily compared to Rick and Morty and the retards ran hard with it. Sure there's shitposters but nothing on Stone and MHA levels.

You're in denial if you think there isn't a correlation. For there to be shitposting, a series has to notable in first place for something it does. KnY threads were chill until it got an outstanding episode that made it noteworthy, now there's tons of shitposters in every thread.
>They were struggling hard to find some quick and easy meme when the show started, eventually settling on complaining about cat girl
It was one retard posting the same OP over and over pretending to hate the fanservice so people would talk about a series that was dead in the water.

Totally.

>KnY threads were chill until it got an outstanding episode that made it noteworthy
You mean until it got a popular episode, had the same episode aired but hadn’t gotten such popularity on social media then the threads would be the same.

the same as they were before*

You're basically commting a fallacy here. Appeal to popularity to be precise. Basically claiming that because a certain thing is notable and popular that it is good too.

Obi is the powerless baddass character, I doubt he's compatible. My bet is either he turns into a sentient gen 1 or they capture him alive and lock him in Hibana's rape dungeon until find a cure. Or becomes a sentient demon, solo Burns and dies.

>I doubt he's compatible.
Yknow being born first gen means you're prone to SHC, right? It cant happen to second or third gens.

Gen 1 are the average infernals.

Gonna keep saying it until you understand, the episode got popular because it was GOOD. People talked about it and spread the word because it was actually noteworthy, it had quality. lf it was dogshit like every other episode of Fire Force, there would be no buzz at all and the threads would stay dead.
It isn't appealing to popularity because I've been saying the whole time the series are popular because they have aspects that are good, aspects worth talking about, they are doing something right that warrants popularity.

I like how when this started everybody was talking shit because it was getting too popular because of the animation attracting normalfags and now we have threads about why it isn't popular enough. Like holy shit, pick a side

It tries so hard to be like BNHA but they didn't hire good visual and audio director (same as what Black Clover did) and ended up looking like a cringey imitation. They shouldn't under estimate shounen shit watchers so much, some of those have average IQ's and even them can see how lazy, boring and repetitive of a story this has.

>It tries so hard to be like BNHA
Did you only see "guy wants to be hero" and nothing else?

They don't even have the same visual direction

>the episode got popular because it was GOOD
At best you can say that it got popular because people liked it. But really it got popular because it got popular, like how these things usually work. It got popular because the right people talked about it and because of marketing, then the new people talked about it as well making it even more popular. There is nothing to prove that if everyone had watched every episode of every anime this season then the episode of KnY would still be as popular as it was.
If popularity had anything to do with quality then the tens of Isekaishit made every season wouldn’t get as popular as they do.

>gets pissed when shinra asks for her number to give to the big NAUT
>\tries to save his waifu and jobs
when will his suffering end?

Is the writer fucking retarded? The episode would have been good if only there wasn't cringy and unfunny fanservice in the middle of an intense fight.

Attached: ca74f_4358759.gif (480x270, 453K)

It was always good but mostly ignored until a youtuber promoted it, and all the bandwagoners jumped on as usual. Bet the same thing would happen to FF.

Why this fucking author dont make a ecchi instead needing put radom fanservice in his shonenshit manag?

I'm just curious if you actually want this show to get magically normalfag popular in one episode like KnY did because if so, why the fuck?

Why can't people just be settled with having the one thread a week for a new episode, maybe a few during the week. Why does this shit always have to be about popularity

>a Youtuber
More like all the Youtubers and Twittershitters jumped on a bandwagon.

You are watcing an ecchi shonen user

Attached: 1564166819139.jpg (1114x1600, 337K)

Ah, I see you're an a/non/ of culture as well.

fpbp

Not him but personally i'm fine with less popularity after the mess Kaguya threads became.

>There is nothing to prove that if everyone had watched every episode of every anime this season then the episode of KnY would still be as popular as it was
Kind of. Because of vocal minorities watching and hyping up shows that are being ignored, it's possible to get second hand experiences of every show in the season. Based on this, it's pretty telling that Fire Force is still largely ignored while KnY is a must watch in the same genre.
What happened to KnY will never happen to FF because it never gets good. You can even look to the manga. It's been running longer than KnY but after years of serialization and an anime adapation, it hasn't become notable in the slightest.

I was trying to remember if it was Ninja or some other faggot that kicked off the wagon.

The manga sells well and remains highly viewed on most sites. The anime is doing decently. If it was as terrible as Yea Forums claims it would have been axed years ago.

>It isn't appeal to popularity
>Proceeds to appeal to it
Something being popular DOES NOT MEANS it's good. Shit like BNHA is the most open example of it.

Show looks and sounds amazing and it has some top notch VAs putting in good performances.

Plot has been a bit slow and unfocused however seems to be actually moving now so Im interested in seeing where it goes.

It's as generic as you can get so there's nothing to talk about it, also Kyoani kinda kiled the show so everyone lost the hype about it.

>Implying Kyoanus burning affected anything

All the cast members are great, even the bubblegum fag and the dull juggernaut dude. Music is good, settings are nice, and the premise is good. Show needs to slow down though, things feel really rushed at times. Is the manga the same, or do they take their time with stuff?

Manga is the same. Its similar to Soul Eater in that it has a really odd paced start but finds it feet after the first volume or so

>dull juggernaut
HOW DARE YOU INSULT POTATO

Attached: 12.jpg (1114x1600, 400K)

theres not much to spoiler you about, i mean that if you are watching this anime for the plot maybe you need to watch more anime

I don't know user, all I know is that for the first 2 episodes or so people were really losing their shit over the show but after episode 3 everyone been quiet about it, you can call it a coincidence if you want.

The anime skips some pages such as brief flashbacks to Shinra's youth in favour of those long static shots and skipped a character that is actually relevant later on. Otherwise the pacing is about the same. This last episode ended differently as the white hoods retreated for a more basic reason. I guess they didn't have enough run-time to do the scene justice.

The manga's pretty good.

It has nothing to do with anything. At least here on Yea Forums these show threads were never a constant.

fpbp

Attached: 1533123432.jpg (172x191, 29K)

strawpoll.com/57k9b6gp

Burnt the sales away

Attached: enen LO force.jpg (1290x1080, 291K)

The animators seem to like Tamaki, hopefully they can change a few things in the manga to make her arc more prounonced and make her crush on Shinra more obvious.

So are one piece and naruto and yet they get threads every day on Yea Forums.

Epic

Is this some furry meme

Where is this poll from?

"Popular means good" was never my argument, it was about how popularity comes from the series actually being good and BNHA is a poor example from you. It isn't considered good because lots of people like it, it's good because of great execution and how it refines the battle shonen genre.

>Popular means good" was never my argument
>it was about how popularity comes from the series actually being good
SAME. FUCKING. THING.
>BNHA is a poor example from you. It isn't considered good because lots of people like it, it's good because of great execution and how it refines the battle shonen genre.
BNHA is not considered good here, in fact it's considered trash, overrated asspull ridden trash that normies love and excuse from everything because muh hero shit. BNHA redefines nothing, it takes the same old shonen formula and puts into a new coat of superhero painting. Simple.

WTF BROS? I THOUGHT WE'RE THE NEXT BOKU NO HERO ACADEMIA KILLER?! WHAT HAPPENED?

Seki Tomokazu was great in both this and KnY in the last 2 weeks

>the fact that its popular means it good
>the series does a lot of things well and it's the reason why its popular
How is that the same fucking thing? The first one, which is how you're painting my argument, is saying something is good because a lot of people like it which is actually argument from popularity. The second one is acknowledging that a series does something really well, making it GOOD, and people like and talk about it as a result

Cant kill something that is already dead. Chad Force is the Dr. Bazinga killer.

>Sales Force vs Dr Sales
How Cute

Attached: 1550002061093.png (960x720, 346K)

Generic and not much to talk about. Most of the characters are just cookie cutter tropes we've seen multiple times before. MC needed some sort of build up arc to explain his training or why he's so strong. He's already Kicked the shit out of a squad captain and won her overlies over in his first week of being on the force. Then he kicked the shit out of zealot-kun who supposedly was gifted in combat and the star of the squad. The girls are the only character who get some personality, all the guys are more bland than drywall. Chunin knight, Mr. Muh rules and Lift Weights daddy have no personality that doesn't involve those personality quirks. We never even got a flashback for MC's inspiration to being a hero. He just said I'm going to be a hero and that's that. They really give you bare bones to work with from an conversational stand point. What you see is what you get.

Thats how I felt too and it doesnt help that they introduced something that sounds a fuck ton more interesting with some cataclysmic event. I would be fine if the said event was sprinkled in buts its practically never referenced.

Premise aside, it seems like a pretty generic shonen with a muscle witch whose abs don't get enough screen time.

Because popularity does not necessarily come with a series being good, retard. My Hero Cuckademia is the biggest example, it has a big fanbase in the west and the east and yet is terribly average at everything it does except regarding the protagonist and rival, since it manage to be worse than average in these two aspects. Just think about how a horrible static character like Bakugo is still the most popular character of the series just because girls want to fuck him and see him fucking other guys. It has nothing to do with quality.

Yknow Hibana isn't that strong, right? She only got captain position because she had connections to Haijima. Most of the other captains can easily kick Shinra's ass.

>We never even got a flashback for MC's inspiration to being a hero. He just said I'm going to be a hero and that's that
How is it possible to take your criticism seriously when you haven't even watched the first episode?

I think what he trying to say is that you're trying to estabilish that: "if something is good = it will be popular". You're not on reddit here, appealing to what's popular won't work since most Yea Forumsfags are contrarians.

>jobb
he's ded, jim
he was actually forced to retire

How much loli is in this show? I keep seeing this screencap and it makes me want to pick it up.

Attached: 1567393810607.jpg (1920x1080, 359K)

meanwhile Kimetsu no Yaiba fans:
>DOOD UFOTABLE

Don't remember them explaining anything. He just burnt off his shoes killed a thing and had a thought about his dead family before saying hes a hero. I don't remember them ever showing him doing any hard training or going through some ordeals. He just applied for the job and was sent to the squad.
Stronger it seems than everyone on her shit job squad, not saying much. Still jobbed to rookie-kun. Probably would have done better had she not explained her ability to him as simply vertigo. Would have been better to tell him his heart would explode or something if he fought it.

Pretty much zero. It's just a frame in the ED showing nun-girl's past.

Only the ending theme. Also one episode has loli Iris and loli Hibana

>Don't remember them explaining anything
Ohkubo likes to sprinkle in character revelations and backgrounds as he develops the plot and story. Shinra's power, what happened to him after the incident, where he trained and so on all get revealed in due time instead of the boring and excessive use of flashbacks. Still we already get WHY he is obsessed with being hero and finding the truth of the incident right in the first ep.

Squads are not equal. Squad 5 is a shitter compared to Squad 1 ( carried by it's captain) and squad 7.

>Because popularity does not necessarily come with a series being good, retard
People talk and hype up series, spreading it by word of mouth all the time when a series is actually good and does noteworthy shit to stand out. Popularity comes from that in a lot of cases.
>I think what he trying to say is that you're trying to estabilish that: "if something is good = it will be popular"
I don't think so. He said my argument was an argument from popularity which looks like "This series is good BECAUSE lots of people like it" but that doesn't equate at all to what I'm saying which is "This series being good and doing things well is WHY lots of people like and talk about it". My first post in this thread in the first place was about how Fire Force doesn't get any attention because it doesn't do anything to warrant any.

Popularity isn't the equivalent of quality though. Something can be popular, but not necessarily good.

Demon Slayer didn't get much attention until the Anime, and neither did My Hero Academia. The Anime made it more known to the public, which prompted more people to see it.

Fire Force didn't get much attention for the same reason. Now that it has an Anime, it consistently tops in a lot top 10's every week. Just because people are criticizing it or it's not getting the same attention as other series doesn't means its neither popular nor good.

The fact this thread exists and is active shows the show is getting attention.

>tfw you'll never kiss the lewd neko girl
Just fuck me up senpai

Attached: PhotoEditor_20190909_004742525.jpg (1167x720, 281K)

>People talk and hype up series, spreading it by word of mouth all the time when a series is actually good and does noteworthy shit to stand out. Popularity comes from that in a lot of cases
People do that shit when they like something but that does not necessarily means that thing is good. Just look at the kind of shit that can become popular: Harry Potter, Twilight, 50 Shades, BnHA, FGO, etc.

>Popularity isn't the equivalent of quality though
I'm not denying that but popularity often stems from quality. KnY is case in point. It was a solid standard battle shonen until EP 19 which was so good it exceeded all expectation and got an insane boost in popularity. Fire Force not getting the same treatment is a sign that it's not doing enough to stand out, it's painfully average in that regard making it not good. KnY got popular because it did something good, Fire Force isn't popular because it isn't doing anything good. And Fire Force is consistently top 10? If you're talking about the reddit chart it doesn't mean shit. Fire Force gets shit on most anime discussion boards, there's a reason why the manga isn't discussed much even after the anime announcement
Those series are lcd but they're still doing something right. They're objectively good in that sense even though they don't come up to your standards.

>Demon Slayer didn't get much attention until the Anime, and neither did My Hero Academia.
Wrong. Both of those got regular threads here and sold well before their anime. >Fire Force didn't get much attention for the same reason
It didn't get any attention because it was shit and even with the anime running you still don't see manga chapter discussion.

Not him but that's a dumb comparison when KnY was late into its run while FF is only 8 episodes in

It's not considering the current state of the manga which has been running longer than KnY

>Demon Slayer didn't get much attention until the Anime, and neither did My Hero Academia

Attached: Pieck.jpg (984x824, 427K)

KnY - 173
FF -187
Wow such a big difference

Yes it has been longer than kny, you just proved it. Thanks user!

all three belong in the bin.

>Anyone banging in a shounen
user...

Point is the difference in quality and popularity is astounding even though FF had an earlier start. Even KnY's anime got more attention and did more for the manga early in its run compared to FF.

It's absolutely true. The anime took these series to new levels. Without the anime, KnY was smaller than BC and would continue to be so.

>It's absolutely true
Its not. Heroaca especially got a shitload of attention before the anime.

That has a lot to do with KnY also being from Shonen Jump which is the absolute biggest shonen magazine in the east and west.

It got a lot of shilling due to being the new WSJ substitute to Naruto but without the good Bones adaptation it would never reach the level it has today. Don't fool yourself.

>It got a lot of shilling due to being the new WSJ substitute to Naruto
That's BC. Jump didn't even support MHA when it started even though the first volume was serverely understock. It also won numerous awards and sold well in the US all before the anime even started. Quit talking out your ass. All the anime did was bring more mouthbreathers to the fandom and make the threads unbearable.

Something being hyped up by normalfags is not a sign of quality and never will be.
>These series are popular because they did something right.
Yes. But that doesn't means they are good, imbecile. It just means they catered to a certain public and were succesful in their endeavor. BNHA hit the Naruto widows with a storm and was helped by the super hero obsession, it has cute boys that fujos can obsess over and cool animated fights manchildren can wet their pants to. And so on.

The inherent quality of a series can never be measure by it's public attachment or love for it.

I kind of disagree. Ufotable arguably played a larger part than Jump in making KnY a success and judging from Dr. Stone's sales, Jump can only do so much when it comes to making their series popular.

>The inherent quality of a series can never be measure by it's public attachment or love for it.
Yes because people will like and praise something because they know its bad right?

Did you even read anything after what you just quoted?

>Ufotable arguably played a larger part than Jump in making KnY
What a lot of retards don't get is that KnY already had a huge fandom online before the anime and even had big name authors like Togashi and Nasu recommending it.

Attached: tumblr_oyabr8QuNs1s6r6x5o4_1280.png (959x1400, 2.23M)

>That's BC
Once again don't fool yourself. Some Jump editors might have wanted BC to be the next Naruto but we all know that isn't the case. The amount of shilling and "word of recommendation" that HeroAca got from seasoned Jump authors is something BC always lacked and is only compared to Neverland's Ame Talk shilling.
>It also won numerous awards and sold well in the US all before the anime even started.
You're a desperate and pathetic herofag. Winning awards and being popular is NOT indicative of any kind of inherent objective quality. BNHA is a poorly designed shonen with a poorly designed bkring protagonist that has no right to be as popular as it is, but it is because it lucked out on several factors.

We were talking about the pre anime run of the manga. There are dozens of shonen manga in Japan yet the WSJ ones are the only ones that are really paid attention over here most of the time.

People literally know no better. BNHAfags were literally defending and excusing Horikoshi's mistakes (like the whole Toga clone thing) when those were actual mistakes. It's a kind of lost cost and pack mentality that makes one unable to go back and see that they wasted their time reading and watching absolute crap.

Sauce?? Can’t find it, assume this is a crop

Did you, retard?

>Once again don't fool yourself.
Hey dumbfuck. THE HEAD EDITOR AND CHIEF LITERALLY STATED THAT HE WANTED BC TO BE THE NEXT NARUTO. NOWHERE WAS ANYONE IN JUMP PINNING FOR MHA TO BECOME THAT NEXT NARUTO that was just some retarded shit people pinned on it due to that retarded fancomic that was made when Naruto ended.

>The amount of shilling and "word of recommendation" that HeroAca got from seasoned Jump authors is something BC always lacked and is only compared to Neverland's Ame Talk shilling.
It got no author recommendations. The closest recommendation it got was from the back of a One Piece volume during the Q&A column when one of his readers noticed that Hori drew a Smoker fan art way back in the 20th volume.

>Winning awards and being popular is NOT indicative of any kind of inherent objective quality
Go be retarded somewhere else you stupid bitch.

Attached: 1562764435147.jpg (1700x1200, 740K)

It's the preview for this doujin

Attached: 76693123_p0.jpg (2480x3507, 717K)

Thank you, looks promising!

Its the autist who was proven again. Guess what the traitor got brought up again this chapter I guess you're wrong about Hori forgetting that too!

>THEY WANTED BC TO BE THE NEXT NARUTO
And? That place is absolutely HeroAca's now. Which happened largely thanks to several factors in which that mediocre series lucked out.
> got no author recommendations.
>The closest recommendation it got was from the back of a One Piece volume...
And One Piece is just the biggest shonen manga currently. No big deal. Did you see any of that for BC?
>Go be retarded somewhere else you stupid bitch
Are you fucking mad herofag? Go back to yoir fucking containment zone, nobody here on Yea Forums is forced to bend over and let your stupid ego intact after you try to imply that the shitstain of the series you cum for is anything but the absolute mediocrity of the shonen industry.

>Traitor was a red herring
OH NONONONO

>And?
You're wrong. Cope

>And One Piece is just the biggest shonen manga currently. No big deal.
The difference is that it was in the back of SBS where nobody but hardcores read not on the fucking spinel of the volume like TPN and Kimetsu got

>Are you fucking mad herofag?
No just love seeing you seethe over MHA

>So mad he quoted the same post two times
Kek

Attached: 1552481579305.png (1280x738, 756K)

>I-I'm not mad I swear
We all believe you herocuck, sure. Now please can you go back to your containment thread? Your tries to shitpost here only backfired for you. Horribly.

>no argument
>y-y-y-y-ou mad?

Every time

I mean... Yes. Are you seriously going to say that mediocrity isn't bad.

Hundreds of failed manga authors would kill for this obvious shilling from Oda. But no. I'm sure that being advertised by THE guy in the manga industry of Japan is no big deal, not at all.

Attached: OK6W_koKDTOqqqLDbIoPAlmv2ak560ZwLjujyxdDedc.jpg (2037x3056, 627K)

It's just one example but SnK is pretty popular here and it's not from Jump. I really think they don't give as big of a push as you think they do.
Read your entire post and you ignored the 2nd half my statement. Even though you may not like because of your high standards, if a series gets popular and becomes notable because of a certain aspect like action, characters, worldbuilding, or romance, that aspect can be considered to be objectively good because it's brought in success that can be measured and proven true. What works is often what's good and that's why shit like BNHA is so successful for good execution despite oddities like you thinking it's awful.

Both are good.

Same reason no one cared about the manga for years. It's boring as fuck and bad.

No one cares for kyoanal and Fire Force is AOTS.

There is going to be at least 2 lolis.
But no major role.

>people complain about fanservice
>this show's amount of fanservice
What? Did everyone become a cuck all of a sudden? That's not a lot of fanservice by any strech of the imagination.

Attached: about that.jpg (333x500, 89K)

I don't think they'll appeal much to the lolifags. At least their dialogue is amusing.

Both are pretentious shit for normalfags.