"Weathering With You -complete version-" comes out on November 27th

twitter.com/RADWIMPS/status/1170608826153725952
With the full version of the 5 vocal tracks of the film.

Attached: 190902130418.jpg (600x827, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Franspeech/status/1170727648299012096
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The one on the soundtrack ain't full version? The main song is already quite long ass song though.

Grand Escape bros ww@?

Sorry, I'm a Daijobro.

It's all good.

However,
Your Name's soundtrack > Weathering with You.

Grand Escape as a finale is fucking lit tho.
Zen zen sense is still the best montage insert song.

Yumetourou>Grand Escape>Nandemonaiya Mitsuha version>Celebration>Nandemonaiya>Zenzenzense>Is there anything love can't do>=Daijoubu>Sparkle

Sparkle > Nandemonaiya > Zenzenzense > Grand Escape >= Daijobou > Celebration > Yumetorou > Is there anything love can do > Voices of the wind
Radwimps actually tried back then
Shinkai was ready to boot them

>tfw no sunshine girl

>With the full version of the 5 vocal tracks of the film.
Jesus christ that final song is long enough already
it needs to be shortened, it has too many repetitive sections
the one they did in their Yokohama concert sounds better, and it's less than 5 mins

Fix Grand Escape
It works perfect in the movie, but it's criminal for it to be that short
listening to it normally feels like being denied cumming

Is the anime as gay as its English title?

don't they have to also translate them to English for the dubfags?

Not gayer than what you call father.

Sparkle is arguably better.

As climax, yes
Though even based from finale
Nandemonaiya > Daijobou

Maybe I'm bias for that. The IMAX speakers really gave justice on that chorus.
I've listen to Sparkle after going home but Grand Escape still gives me goosebumps even today.

So Shinkai Makoto fans lower themselves to ad hominem. Now I have a nice picture of his fan base. Thanks, faggot, better avoid this shit.

calm down damn
It really is weird to hear from an English title, but it's related to the movie's epilogue.
Literal translation is "Child of Weather".

Hearing that Grand Escape chorus with the theatre's surround sound was orgasmic.

OK, so why did they invent something for the English title that sounds wrong and has nothing to do with the original?

it's a subtitle
also looking at the synonyms, I think this was their best option. others sound weirder.

Because I want to buy tickets normally to that cute teller lady without cringing herself of how broken the English title of the film I'm currently trying to watch?

Attached: 1457823882201.png (647x720, 541K)

Based, Grand Escape is the best song in the movie

Movie was medium, just like Your Name

Yes movies is a medium user, it's good, you're learning.
Next get this okay, water is wet

iirc Shinkai translated it himself

Do you mean "service level"?
Because I don't even know what service level means.

going for that reverse Soseki?

>cute teller lady
Doesn't give a shit, believe me.

>not reserving tickets online
user please

>complete version
So, they are, like, selling one movie two times?

Well, it doesn't really help his case.

yes user
Radwimps need to hold the top grossing film
especially when Frozen 2 is incoming

Maybe if this is some another Hollywood movie.

>giving your information to a corporate entity tied to an entertainment industry
No thanks.

>giving your information to a corporate entity tied to an entertainment industry
So you're not even using a computer, huh. Your posts are typed in by your paid aide in a 3rd-world country through TOR in a hidden ninja district of a remote town.

I don't know what it means either, but if I were to take a guess I'd say it means something like a movie you can go see with your date and afterwards be like "yeah that was a nice movie" without having really taken anything else from it

Sorry user. My movie theater has a history of spamming you with deals and shit, and the last thing I want is them getting my email and mobile number.

Do you mean "mediocre"? I haven't seen this one yet but his movies are usually artsy pieces with boring and mediocre content. He wasn't even better when he was some noname indie filmmaker with a single computer and shitty drawn shorts.

Give a random mobile number and use a one-off email address for regs, problem solved.

Have you seen Your Name? Then you have basically already experienced this movie.

Eh even as a finale song I think "is there still anything that love can do" is doper. The whole scene with Kodaka pointing the gun at the copper and senpai tackling the police was the only moment in the movie that reach Your Name's emotional high.

Your Name > Weathering With You
Its not even close.

Overall true. But Weathering has cuter interaction between the main couple. Cuter side characters too.

Yea Forums only liked Your Name because of the Keit-ai shitposting.

Attached: cute tree.webm (1280x720, 616K)

Yeah, I forgot to say, he tends to repeat himself, visually speaking and mostly in themes as well. Nothing new under the rising sun.

>Yea Forums liking Your Name
In which parallel universe?

>cuter interaction
What the fuck? Did you even watch Your Name? Mitsuha and Taki interaction were definitely cuter.

No way bro. Taki/Mitsuha is like 80% serious business 20% cute SOL shit. Hodaka/Hina is like 75% cute SOL shit and 25% serious shit. As soon as Hodaka save Hina's ass from that seedy promoter guy the whole movie shift gear into SOL shit until the last 20 minute or so.

true that he'll never let go of the boy meets girl shit
his "muh distance" schtick is missing in this movie though

The one where Yea Forums has good taste.

I have to admit I liked the chad younger brother

The main characters were pretty weird though, especially MC and how his background that made him come to Tokyo in the first place wan't explored at all and didn't tie into anything. The romance was a bit more believable than Your Name though

The movie was disappointing. It was pretty much Your Name with different coat of paint.

Yeah. They should expand Hodaka's past more. Maybe they should've reduce the whole sunshine girl work montage. Hell maybe they should've remove Taki's whole scene and just have his cameo for a little bit like Mitsuha's. Taki's whole scene is a bit much.

MitsuTaki 20% tops HoHina 75%. Their interaction on katawarudoki is top tier.

I ain't saying that wasn't great. I was saying those aren't cute. MitsuTaki is greater when it's come to serious love/drama stuff. But HodaHina had cuter romance shit.

Honestly when Taki showed up I lost a decent amount of respect for Shinkai. Like, really? Did you really think you or this movie needed that?

Shinkai is too popular so i hate his movies

Sorry to say but you have acute case of shit taste. Bet you hate Clannad too.

Not sorry to say that I'm not 14 years old that only enjoy srsbusiness love story and can't appreciate cute moe shit.

It was really popular in my theatre though. .

to lose it even further
both the leads will appear in his next movie.
nobody batted an eye in his previous movie because nobody watched the Garden of Words.

Gotta milk the cow while it's on 4 feet.

I thought both Your Name and Weathering with You are both equally entertaining movies. The animation in the latter is definitely not as good though. Shinkai just couldn't assemble an animation team as strong this time around, probably due to scheduling clashes with other productions. Your Name by some miracle managed to pull ex-Ghibli animators.

>Your Name by some miracle managed to pull ex-Ghibli animators.
the animation director for this one is also ex-Ghibli
it's just that he's mostly of way lower rank.

Actually that was the best part of the movie.

But their interaction lacks any kind of meaningful backup. The whole "I love you" thing is so tacked on. Like yeah, they spent a whole lot of time in each other's bodies and they are "soulmates" and shit, but that doesn't really mean anything to me, the viewer if I don't get to see how they grow closer.

Did he say that?
Well, I bet the next movie will have another beautifully animated natural disaster as well. What's it going to be, a Mt Fuji eruption? Japan is really fucked in that timeline.

well your father is gay anyway.
not that I watched this crap.

>Did he say that?
During his previous movies' interviews, yes
It was his conscious decision to include previous main characters in his current movie

Okay wait, there was also an appearance in Garden of Words? I've watched that movie like three times and have never noticed it

After 2 boys meet girls is good enough for me i think, i'm happy with it.
I hope he can do a different setting in the next one

The last word is mine anyway. Not that I care what you think.

I love this movie and all but does Shinkai really have to copy specific things over to his new film? The boy/girl doing a marathon, girl suddenly disappearing, couple reuniting after a long separation. People are going to notice if you take too many things from your previous film.
Even Miyazaki doesn't do that shit.

I'm sorry user
but unless his family dies in front of him
he'll never go of boy meets girl

>Even Miyazaki doesn't do that shit.
Yeah Nature good, war and human bad x100 is very refreshing

Attached: 1560813193582.jpg (398x384, 54K)

It's called lack of good ideas. Nowadays the audience, especially western ones willingly take everything in and pay if it looks a little bit good on screen.

I think western non-weeb audiences are less forgiving of this than anime fans.

No, I think it just started in YN
probably since nobody really watched the feet movie and he needs to remind them
He really needs to tone down the cameos next time though

Are you aware of the movie industry in the west?
It's cape shit wonderland there.
Less forgiving my ass

>beat by beat the same shit like your name
>the only twist this time is the girl is actually younger than the boy

Shinkai is a hack.

boy killed a city this time
mitsuha also didn't whore herself out

I agree. WWY is literally carbon copy of Your Name. Just a little bit of different plot and setting. Its 5/10 for me.

And who was the cameo in YN? Don't remember that either

The teacher from Garden of Words.

huh

the teacher explaining katawaredoki is from the Garden of Words.
the footfag also appeared, but he's so irrelevant that Shinkai blurred him
he showed up as a mob character when taki had a glimpse of cake mitsuha.

Today anime is opening up to a much wider audience where there are a lot of new people seeing the medium for the first time. Remember when you started watching anime? That happens on a much bigger scale. Sooner or later it will disappear into the continuous supply of mainstream mediocrity.

Where is the fucking camrip aaaaaa I want to rewatch it again

wait for the russians.
we can't rely on the chinese this time
Mainland China don't even have a screening date yet

Based. Shinkai finding Radwimps and Radwimps agreeing to score his movies are based for them on both parts

Attached: 3ay4uuzaerg31.jpg (640x450, 60K)

Unlike in YN, Yojiro Noda has more involvement in the story this time.
So he can get part of the blame.

If so then yeah, it was a nice movie

>I will kill that fucking brat

Not when chinky exists

Attached: aQNnia.jpg (879x1299, 236K)

they don't have a distributor in Japan though
also there was another chinese animation that outgrossed YN back in 2016. nobody gave a shit about it.

unironically looks kind of cool

They should just nuke the sky fish.

fuck off Trump

Looks very cool but somehow also infinitely stupid. IDK

>The film grossed 600 million yuan (est. $84 million) in its first three days alone. It broke local records with a $91.5 million opening, the highest ever for an animated film in China.[25]

On 7 August 2019, Ne Zha became the fastest animated film to reach $400 million (in 12 days) in a single market, overtaking The Lion King (2019) (14 days). It is currently the highest-grossing animated film of all time in a single market ($696.36 million in China)[8] overtaking Incredibles 2 (2018) ($608.5 million in North America), the highest-grossing non-Disney or Pixar animated film in a single market, overtaking Shrek 2 (2004) ($441.2 million in North America), and the highest-grossing non-English spoken animated film, overtaking Spirited Away (2001) ($361.1 million worldwide).[20][26][27][28] It also became the highest-grossing animated film not produced by DreamWorks Animation, Illumination, Disney, Pixar or Blue Sky, as well as the highest-grossing independent animated film.
The sales for this was wild. I don't want them to get in between glorious Nippon's first attempt at the Academy awards in a long ass while. I hope Frozen 2 bombs as well.

It's gay as fuck. This show was apparently running on fujobucks like anything. There was also dragon bondage, apparently.

Attached: SXJjZ2taTjh0WkFXTkJ3OTBrQkpSUzNVeFFXUUhYZHdJWmExaUM0ckQ0UWl1NlRtVDNRbW9RPT0.jpg (500x736, 111K)

>Is There Still Anything That Love Can Do being rated so low
Yea Forums once again confirming its shit taste

Attached: 6s0CqKy.gif (498x652, 673K)

Any memorable soundtracks from either films then?

>glorious Nippon's first attempt at the Academy awards in a long ass while
that happened literally last year, with Mirai
shame nobody gave a shit about it

No wonder tenki doesn't have screens there yet

cute trefoil

it's too long and slow. grand escape and celebration are both better

The instrumental version is overused in the film.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Nobunaga-sensei no Osanazuma - 10 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_01.23.887.jpg (1920x1080, 138K)

>grand escape and celebration are both better
Really all the songs where Toko Miura was mainly involved.

SHIT. TASTE.
The movie version fixed those issues.

Attached: zKJUbyN.gif (720x684, 869K)

The ost during the fireworks scene was fucking beautiful

Meh

>full version of the 5 vocal tracks of the film
yes but what about the full Hina karaoke song and dance?

>grand escape and celebration are both better
Aaa a man of taste

The Hotel scene was more poignant and intimate than Kataware Doki.

Change my mind.

Koi by sunshine girl when?

Is Kana her child in this movie? Since both of them had Hanakana as VA.

I can't. I also like the intimate moments more in Tenki no ko.

After several rewatches I couldn't help but notice the fps drops scattered throughout the movie. Mostly with the cgi fishes and when the characters do certain motions.
It's times like these I wish anime film animators use the western standard of 24 fps it would have made these movies even more amazing.

Your name is better in ever aspect
Also shinkai is in Toronto for TIFF

Attached: IMG_20190908_225816.jpg (1546x789, 314K)

>the shot from behind with her hands together
I've never seen a 2d girl in more need of a hug and a daijoubu before.

Reminder that he did absolutely nothing wrong

Attached: Hotaka_Morisaki.jpg (1920x1080, 223K)

shitty movie

The "Tokyo sinking into the sea" shit was weird af. Literally why

why not?

Climate change yo

>Movies now have DLC

Attached: 1497330885253.png (400x400, 142K)

SEKAI GA

high IQ list, you forgot Dream Lantern though

Attached: IMG_20190909_012935.jpg (1534x798, 320K)

ah. there she is.

Attached: a65b9478-b79e-11e9-ae68-64d74e529207_image_hires_111418.jpg (1200x800, 110K)

The morale of the story is that regular folks like you and I can’t do shit over climate change because it’s all in the politician and corporate hand at this point. Whoever tells you otherwise are probably kikes trying to sell you shit or trying to gain attention.

The only thing regular folks can do is to cope and adapt to the changes.

Hina > Tokyo cucks

Attached: IMG_20190909_020232.jpg (1439x827, 306K)

I found it interesting that fixing the weather was left to the kid(s) and that a single person's sacrifice was not the solution to the problem.

cute gullty JK

Yumetorou = Dream Lantern

No. That's too much of a reach already

I am so fixated with that scene, that I'm looking for JP interviews with the leads where the host force them to sing those.

I'm glad that shinkai delivered another cheesy line in this movie like pic related.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1916x1228, 409K)

Was Abe fuming?

With Gen Hoshino, please.

Where's Hina's reaction

godspeed brother

your name was better

>sleeveless hoodie under blazer
this is a thing?

Weathering With You is better solely because the characters and character interactions are far more fully fleshed out than in Your Name.

ok agreed

Hina's pits > the entire Japan

Abe will definitely nuke Tokyo himself if it meant two kids get to shag, so no.

OST
>both K&A tracks
>Home visit
>Fireworks
>Two Confessions
>Fine Weather and Loss

I wish I can trade my shitty town with her

Attached: img11.jpg (1280x1817, 432K)

her dance was cute
considering her mindset that time

>still in theaters almost 2 weeks later
How long will this be around? Anime movies usually only run until the weekend of its premier at most in these parts.

Attached: B9D848B8-91C3-4929-BF11-7697583449B3.jpg (3024x1053, 649K)

It's strong among SEAfags. They live for cheesy romance shit.
AU and NZ already dropped the screenings
Got beaten by with fewer screens.

Let me guess, Philippines? I'm not complaining. May be we'll get a better chance in future anime film showings beyond hero academia and one piece.

based.
would do anything for this sunshine girl

Attached: hina.png (1920x1080, 842K)

Yeah. Also the first one to have ads in the train stations as far as I recall.

They know their target audience
These only show up in the train line where commuters are mostly students

>Vinland Saga ep cancelled because of Typhoon
fucking kid

What's the point if the movie isn't even out yet

>love transcends your surroundings
Interesting.

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

Please don't take my sunshine away

karaoke scene should've been longer

is this bait?

>identified the bait
>reply anyway

Attached: no.png (567x649, 315K)

your interacting with redditors and literal niggers. These threads are really not worth of your time

2 weeks fairly wide opening here which is more than any anime movie has ever got
They'll probably bring it back for more imax screenings next year like your name

Don't remind me that I missed watching your name in the cinema

We're over 12 billion yen now. Current final projection is 15.8 billion yen. What's your final domestic gross prediction? I'm gonna go with 16.3
twitter.com/Franspeech/status/1170727648299012096

lower than Ponyo - $14.5 billion
8 top 1's in box office

need to get that release date in china and s.korea

Doesn't matter. this is just domestic box office talk.
Chinese distributors will hold off on releasing this in China as long as makes money for them.
Either this won't make it in to the yearly foreign film cutoff this time, or they'll be seeing this in December like last time.
Disputes w/ S.Korea might affect box office sales there this time.

Not really a problem if it's in November or December in China, that's actually good. Don't know why you're referencing NeZha, it's not like it's gonna be in theaters until then. The S.Korea release is confirmed for October.

I wonder how will they translate Grand Escape and Celebration for the dub release
I don't think Toko Miura is fluent in English

Fuck that shit. It was terrible in the Your Name dub. Just keep the original and save money.

Protect that smile

Attached: IMG_20190909_090738.jpg (1388x806, 296K)

In today's Japan, both of them will get lynched if word gets out