We always see Japanese animators make great scenes in Western cartoons...

We always see Japanese animators make great scenes in Western cartoons, but are there any western animators that work on anime?

Attached: Let's play another game this time I get to win Lives on the line Winner takes all Ready or (960x540, 3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HrkT4ojtBTw
youtube.com/watch?v=cXabZ_-QPb0
twitter.com/spencerwan?lang=en
twitter.com/i/status/929480623806472192
sakugabooru.com/data/92b7ccec57725b36a4acbe1a413ebb41.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=53M23OcCCD0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nope

No because Western animators expect more pay than what Japanese provide.

Bahi JD is Austrian.

Didn't Yuasa animate an epidode of Adventure Time?

No because western animators are CalArts hacks

was minimum wage a mistake?

Does grape-elastigirl gets saved by the power of The Cock? She looks like a good fucking would fix everything.

Yeah, Pop Team Epic.

No, because western animators can't do what the Japanese can that's the whole reason why anime is special. The most worthless trash in the east is better than some of the highest praised stuff in the west.

Ironically, it's because she was neglected by someone she loved that she became "corrupted".

She gets talk-no-jutsu'd after this scene youtu.be/HrkT4ojtBTw

Attached: spinel-1-88889f8a048d.webm (960x540, 2.24M)

>You cant just sing away your problems
>Steven wins by singing

>telegraphed as fuck attack
>doesn't even feint around, just coming straight down or whatever
>pebblegirls or whatever just fucking take it.
>get's the we-wuz-friends-n-shiet treatment later on
Remind me again why people watch this?

James Baxter.

Attached: 1548551240846.webm (1920x1080, 2.94M)

There are no western animators.

Western animation is stuck in the CalArts artstyle and it looks like so much shit that no Japs would ever hire a Westerner when they could just send their shit off to Korea for ez and cheap animation

Thomas Romain

Didn't some western dude do the space planet jumping galore in the first space dandy episode? Which was absolutely fucking amazing.

Because it uses a minor amount of japanese media tropes in a western packaging.
It is absolutely disgusting and only vapid people would actually like it.

I think youtube.com/watch?v=cXabZ_-QPb0 was made by a frog.

>cool opening animation style
>stoner rock opening
>decently interesting concept
>ends up being mediocre as fuck
why does this happen?

Yes
twitter.com/spencerwan?lang=en

>twitter.com/i/status/929480623806472192
Holy shit

Holy shit you people are actual cancer, fuck off this movie and show suck ass, and the animation is shit

There was a guy who worked on Boruto (TV)'s remake of the movie fight. I think he's american

>the castle incursion was only one episode

Attached: angry dome.gif (213x201, 429K)

>only good american animator
>worked on SJWvania

be honest Yea Forums
you love her, don't you

Attached: 1567711678219.png (350x278, 83K)

yes carole and tuesday had a few of them, and i think a cartoon network animator worked on an episode of boruto

takafumi hori
>shit animation
he animated one of the best parts in trigger fashion

>posting steven universe in an Yea Forums
bait

I hate Steven Universe and I hate Rebecca Sugar.
If I were to rape someone it would be her so that I can stick it in her shitty ass and then put it in her mouth so that she can taste the "love". Bitch

>Edgyvania
>SJW
If this is about the church shit then by that logic South Park and Slayer are SJW too.

Hating on the show that saved your series relevancy

Oldfag here. The first American animator working in Japan is Jan Scott Frazier, though she retired from the industry and moved back to America over a decade ago.

sakugabooru.com/data/92b7ccec57725b36a4acbe1a413ebb41.mp4

>saved by whoring it around
I'm sure you think pachinko machines also save series. It'd be better of dead and remembered fondly. Not sure why americans have such an unhealthy obsession with the not so distant past. It's a creatively bankrupt civilization and now that remakes of old american shit are starting to lose steam they're reaching elsewhere.

There's nothing wrong with being anti-theist or shitting on the church in general, especially since I'm sure the writer of sjwvania probably got diddled by a pedo priest like every white american millennial. There's something wrong with rewriting lore and characters because you're a rabid SJW with a personal grudge who needs to stuff progressive shit into old franchises.

Castlevania was never anti-church

Sypha and Trevor literally work for the church in the games.

Warren Ellis is just a Reddit Aethiest

Hori's work on Steven Universe had been mediocre though.

though he did animate the intro to ok ko and that is bomb it's a shame that the intro animation is not the same quality for the rest of the show.

youtube.com/watch?v=53M23OcCCD0

Your missing the part where this takes place in the period where you get accused of witchcraft and hanged for being accused of worshipping the devil

Pretty sure that was french so not western at all

I had no idea. It's pretty embarrassing that all the best sequences of recent western animation are not western at all.

Largely a myth. Very few witches were tried and it was a lot fairer because the church actually had a court system unlike easily spooked pagans and local Christians. But that's besides the point. They were literally agents of the church even after being cast out by locals. It doesnt matter what bullshit you believe about history because that's not the lore

Yes a concrete example I can give is the episode of Naruto and gang vs Momoshiki. Spencer Wan (who worked on the castlevania netflix series) did the animation for Boruto's rasengan.

most westerner would rather just storyboard and then send it out to some other studio to do the main bulk of the animation and that is why western animation looks so bad.

while the japanese painstakingly animate everything themselves and only send it over seas to get get coloured or lineart art added sometimes but the base animation is all their own unlike westeners who just draw two poses and then send it off for someone else to fill it in so it animates

The only problem I really had with the castlevania cartoon was just that it focused on way too much vampire drama bullshit which is something I largely don't associate with Castlevania in general. Also it had a very strong aversion to ever animating legs for some reason

And even then most western storyboards are shit.

They wanted that True Blood audience

this

also most anime animators get less pay than westerners and don't even have animation unions or guilds like westerners but still produce better animation because they do it out of passion.

>Make her lame after

No.

I guess, but for all the bitching about corrupt church themes, Castlevania actually has often had those in some form or another (Order of Ecclesia, various backgrounds of characters, etc). All that focus on that B plot with Camarilla was just a completely random detour

Wrote/directed but yes.