ITT: Series you genuinely think could be done well in live action

Found a few articles talking about Guillermo Del Toro adapting Monster into live action TV. Not sure if he's the man to do it but it is one of the few anime that could be live action.

What else should be given the Hollywood treatment? Conversely what series would translate worst ?

Attached: Monster.jpg (680x478, 95K)

boku no pico

None.

Monster could be done well but I say this as Monster being my favorite manga to anime adaption of all time keep in mind. I feel like the camera panning and slow scenes might be far to pretentious in live action for normal eyes to view and without that and cutting shit out would just make it feel awful.

I think people could still enjoy it, maybe it'd have to be paced just a little faster. Plus how would the 20 minute episode to feature length episode thing work?

Anyway with live action my attitude is I always want to see it, because if its good its good and if its bad it'll be hilarious. Hence I want a live action Berserk since it'd be king of TV shows if it works (doubtful) and if not then it'll be hilarious to see them butcher it (I'm numb from 2016/17, I don't care anymore)

I actually do think Death Note could be done well. It just wasn't.

Other than that maybe Steins;Gate?

So how did Johan know those doctors would randomly decide to eat candy in the beginning? Only thing that bothers me so far with this show.

berserk maybe but the stand alone arcs like lost children, blackswordsman, and conviction arc?

Lost Children live action would be so sick.

The problem is getting someone to play Guts. Not sure any big hollywood actor has the subtle chops and the rugged handsomeness/ripped body for it, all the stars are Disney handsome now. It would have to be someone unknown.

Then Griff and Casca would be even harder to cast.

Believers might work well as a movie. It's pretty short and is kind of a thriller. Might end up with an NC-17 rating though.

Attached: 5485952306_6889ecdb6e[1].jpg (499x438, 95K)

> I feel like the camera panning and slow scenes might be far to pretentious in live action for normal eyes to view
Breaking Bad could be slower than anything in Monster sometimes, still broke bank because the contemplative moments helped punctuate the shit hitting the fan (like Monster)

Chernobyl as well just came out this year and was slower than anything, still great thriller.

Gonna go with a curveball and say Kingdom would work great on TV.

I'd say anything Gainax simply cannot work outside of animation, though it'd be funny to see a woman try to act while wearing Senketsu.

keep Berserk away from live action adaptations

it would be, but i believe they'd change some bits to make it more """""WOKE""""

Cmon, Berserk has already been shat on adaptationally, we might as well go all the way and see them cast a black woman as guts.

Damn, just made myself angry typing that. Don't give a fuck about Bond or Marvelshit but man if they fuck with my Guts...

While no one could match Dezaki's direction with the show, Rose of Versailles could work with a western live action.

>Realistic historical drama with no "anime" type stuff western audiences hate
>good mix of politics, romance and action
>good female characters who aren't Mary Sues or generic action girls
>No controversy over casting white actors in the roles

Stuff that would translate the worst would be any series that's based too much on Japanese culture OR anything that's too surreal. Something like Sarazanmai could easily be the worst because it's both.

Hollywood? Fuck that; I'd rather have some independent German filmmaker get together with a Japanese producer to bring forth a more authentic adaptation.

If they could get good actors for Griffith and Guts + good special effects it might work.

I think they should try to go for practical effects. Make a massive movie that doesn't rely on a CGI army of drones, but actually hundreds of people. Make the gore as realistic as possible. CGI sparingly, only on monsters, and use puppets and animatronics whenever possible.

Who could play Griff and Guts (And Casca)? The chemistry between those three is the key to making Berserk work.

>Rose of Versailles
A western live action adaptation for it already exists and it was terrible. I'm honestly scared of what would happen if anyone tried to adapt it today, live action or otherwise.

Unironically LoTGH

Literally just shot for shot it, but make it look good.

Black Lagoon
Directed by Quentin Tarantino

Any of them. The key to good live action isnt the source material, its the people working on it, just like anime.

I recall del toro was trying to get hbo to do monster, but they turned it down.

20th Century Boys deserves at least an anime adaptation

Attached: 20th.jpg (1400x2008, 270K)

I feel like Monster is a mexican soap opera.

Fire Punch of course.

Candy and Cigarettes
Make it happen Netflix

Attached: 23427v2.jpg (3023x4299, 1.96M)

It already has a live action adaptation.

Ignore anyone saying no. Berserk would thrive in live-action so long as you do the following:
>Have Keita Amemiya act as director, if not just one of the primary funders and influencers of the CG and practical effect design
>Get Susumu Hirasawa to compose the soundtrack
>Actually invest in a more physically matured actor with a strong background in stuntwork for Guts - AAC stunts may be the best source of such a talent
>Get an executive producer who isn't scared to minutely adjust things to help accommodate the change in medium and give the adaptation its own ground to stand on
>Have a competent prop company make the armor and weapons, and don't be afraid to make physical suits/assets for some of the Apostles and monsters so as to give the actors something to interact with

Akagi.
And it has been done already.
Perfect complete adaptation.

Attached: Akagi Shigeru.png (1920x1755, 929K)

Freesia could make an excellent show if you change the ending

and its fucking shit

black lagoon would make a good action film/series . especially if the action is done john wick style. hopefully they cast an actual cute chinese girl with abs for revy though

Attached: 71NiO5f.jpg (815x735, 131K)

I'm not a fan of adaptations or live action, but fuck it if a live-action Yugami-kun wouldn't be the most absurd fucking live-action comedy adaptation to come out of Japan

Attached: The Incident.png (900x1409, 235K)

Call me out on my shit taste lads, but I thought Miike's Mugen no Jūnin film was pretty good. I accept it wasn't a great adaption, but it was a great movie nonetheless. Anyone else seen it? And are there any other live action adaptations worth watching, even if they aren't 1:1 faithful?

Black Lagoon by John Woo.

Alien 9

Attached: alien-9.jpg (714x480, 42K)

I think anything by Urasawa could work. His style seems to lend itself to live action.
Kingdom would work well if you could Chinese money to fund it so you could do the battles justice. I like Shin, but's he's not a strong enough protag to carry a dialog heavy show like Kingdom sans battle sequences would be.

Isn't there already a Kingdom live action adaption?

Anything by Inoue, but especially REAL. Also Sanctuary.

Attached: x24.jpg (960x1518, 579K)

I nominate Strain for a series just because I really want to see this fat fuck being a fat fuck in every possible way for him to be a fat fuck.

Attached: fat fuck.png (750x1114, 348K)

There's a live action movie. It's going to have screening in the US next year.

Attached: Ei Sei.jpg (1102x591, 107K)

Baccano maybe?
My main worry would be how the humor is handled, but I think at least the action would be good.

Attached: 55329673_p0.jpg (778x478, 419K)