What's the appeal

What's the appeal

Attached: shingeki-no-kyojin-1-el-ataque-de-los-titanes-1.jpg (368x420, 58K)

The horror and fight scenes were entertaining but it's turned into muh time travel and politics bullshit.

the protagonist

muh hypefags

shock value and epic plot twists, also fujobuckets

Watching a series start from great to a generational classic with the world and the themes of the story evolving with the authors. A masterpiece with every note planned in advance. This is the EVA of the 2010's but actually good. I say all of this unironically.

Attached: 9iyAd3p.jpg (1044x1584, 288K)

>muh freedom
>muh edgy MC

Is a costantly git good arc after arc and even after 10 fucking years the story is coerent and interesting.

Attached: 1565275342896.jpg (986x546, 148K)

It start ok and become better and better until reaching the heaven.
Also if Isayama isn't a hack he will make one of the greatest final of all time (maybe on the same level as EoE).

It's a focused story with a plot that's consistent and without plot holes.

Best compared to FMA:B, just full on consistent plot advancing with no slowing down or filler or making it so different arcs feel like a whole different series.

In most other shonens ( MHA, Naruto, One Piece, DB, HxH ) the separation between arcs is too big, it's like the authors just think up one story ( arc ) tell it and then redo redo redo with a vague bad overal plot just so they can call it the same series.

FMA and AoT are the same story and plot from beginning to the end, there's not an out of place video game island arc or something

I love the lore and the fact that you discover the world along the characters that leave in it. And I also love the fact that the plot twists turn the show into a different anime, even into another genre. And season 3 part 2 is absolutelly breathtaking! I can't wait for the Marley arc to be animated. But I have to admit that I didn't like the last chapters of the manga. But it's still my favourite anime.

good plot and strong themes.

>comparing this garbage to FMAB

Attached: 1567540833828.png (693x754, 417K)

Have you read it?

>comparing le short funny man to modern day kino that it SnK

FMA brotherhood wasn't even half as good as 03 which you ironically pulled up via pic related.

Of course but I'm behind a few chapters.

>snktard has 80IQ
Maybe you should read the other user's comment before jumping into the conversation. He was the one who compared the two, not me.

I read the manga so it doesn't matter to me whether people prefer FMA or FMAB

It's good but I think some people are overrating it.

>if Isayama isn't a hack
But he is.

t. shonentard

go watch bnha

>name calling
you are only validating my point

>edgelord
>bland design
>zero character development
you sure?

>The Village plot twist
>epic plot twists
wut

Being actually good

yes, it was trash when it started and is trash now

It's greatness. The action and political intrigue set the bar. I can't point to another modern show that does the two so well.

it'll be forgotten a month after it ends

>Snk is published in Bessatsu Shounen Magazine
t. shounentard in denial

Attached: 1567494423652.png (446x447, 208K)

the best written manga ever. That's about it

I'm not a huge fanboy, but definitely respect Isayama as a writer despite his tendency to indulge in shock moments that kinda detract from the story's believability. His panel composition and storytelling abilities are pretty topnotch, he + Togashi + Fujimoto are the most interesting mangaka working today imo. It has a very cinematic feel to it, not like we're just going through serialized arcs but that everything is written with a specific purpose and end-goal in mind.
I will also say it has probably the most unique story and premise of anything I've read from the past decade. If you've somehow managed to not spoiler it for yourself, go ahead and try to read it in a few days. As other anons have said the story starts off okay (I hated it at first) and just gets progressively more insane. We're at the ending right now and its actually fucking glorious. If Isayama doesn't shit the bed I do think it will go down as a classic.

Attached: 0043-040.jpg (2133x1600, 963K)

>this whole post

Attached: 1522036749212.gif (480x270, 528K)

>Future memories get teased in chapter 1
>Gets blatantly revealed in episode 1 of the anime years later
>Basically all but confirmed in chapter 89 a few years after that
>HURR TIME TRAVEL ASSPULL OUT OF NOWHERE
Dumb speedreader

Attached: clown.jpg (1197x761, 173K)

Best ship.

Attached: d6ooz1h-d6f4ff59-9672-48f9-ba00-f76cdc5bc48a.jpg (692x1406, 722K)

>no hisu hand in the background

You are still being ironic and baiting just to get some attention and (you)s

you're just dishonest

>Worst ship.
FTFY

>what's the appeal?

It's redpilled af.

Attached: _20190729_134451.jpg (567x647, 119K)

>zero character development

Hello, time traveller from 2013.

Attached: 1565138771916.jpg (1066x1600, 509K)

based

Attached: 1567595703005.png (640x350, 201K)

Very few manga feature thinly veiled holocaust revisionism.

It will be way better than EoE, because unlike Evangelion, attack on tian actually has a fucking point.

funny joke, almost thought you were serious for a minute there.

kino

I'm not wrong.

Vore

Like other anons already pointed out, it's managed to be a consistent and tightly woven story, with properly foreshadowed plot twists and early plot points given further weight by later revelations in an extremely satisfying manner. It not perfect: the art is occasionally wonky as fuck, and some of the political machinations feel hamfisted and simplified. But every time my interest has started to wane, there comes a chapter that pulls me back in. Chapter 121 was one such chapter. Haven't been this hyped since the REunion.

you are wrong on both points

It WAS about self-insert characters fighting mysterious giants, purposefully drawn to be horrifyingly second-valley, and surprisingly gore-y.

That stopped and it became mecha-I-mean-flesh battle adventure politics.
Then even that stopped and it just became political battles with some not-scary, non-threatening-anymore giants in the background sometimes.

I don't know why people liked it so much. I imagine it was strictly because of the "super-cool anime OP."

But I'm not. Evangelion is whining about high school "depression". Attack on Titan is about how you have an obligation to not only yourself, but yoir family and people, to kill those who would enslave you.

Because you only described the first three arcs, you haven't touched on the fourth

You mean the time-skip Holocaust? Because, you'll have to forgive me, I simply stopped caring about the series anymore. It simply became dull.

And I've never watched the anime. I've seen the OP, but I don't believe I've ever sat through an episode. Maybe there's something simply remarkable in the animated form I missed out on, but it just isn't interesting enough to indulge in. I'm frankly amazed but not surprised at the fact there has to be one or two Shingeki threads on Yea Forums at all times, always...and how they're nothing more than waifu shipping wars anyway with /pol/ jokes thrown in.

>But I'm not. Evangelion is whining about high school "depression"
so either you never actually watched EVA or you're just regurgitating memes without thinking critically about the series
>Attack on Titan is about how you have an obligation to not only yourself, but yoir family and people, to kill those who would enslave you.
I thought it was about isayama making money off of easily amused dipshits but I guess that works as a theme too

Start from chapter 99

>so either you never actually watched EVA or you're just regurgitating memes without thinking critically about the series
Explain it then, if I'm wrong.

>dull
Just a matter of opinion then. If you don't like it that's fine. The appeal of the series has been spelled out in several posts already, no need to feel all mystified.

I dunno, dude. The appeal as spelled out before seems to rely on the descriptions of
>plot twists
>fan-generated hype for future releases
and
>politics
When the story becomes plot twists about politics, that's really not a fun manga to read and don't call this manga a fine piece of story-telling literature. As for the "hype," it's nothing but fanboyism for what "might" happen, not reaction to what did. All reaction resorts to "Annie" or "Historia" waifu posting with the inevitable picture of Hitler being posted a few times.

If you forgot, user, the OP was
>What's the appeal
The implication is that "plot twists, fan hype and /pol/" is not so obviously appealing.

A pretty decent manga that goes off the rails in a way not seen in a good while, a protagonist that was allowed to go full retard and the single worst fanbase on Yea Forums just barely beating out DBS and Hunter X Hunter It'd be worse on the site as a whole but Steven Universe and Smash Bro. exists

I liked it up until the timeskip. Aftterwards I found it really boring.

It's for people who really, really, really like to pretend to hate mecha, but then somehow are fine with fleshmechs and the shift from MOTW to politics, which is precisely what you see in many mecha shows.

Its hxh done way better

Big monsters fighting each other,

the part were the main character goes ballistic and kills thousands of innocents by transforming into a monster is alone worth reading the whole manga for

saying EVA is about depression is an incredibly superficial reading, it's like saying moby dick is "just" about revenge and nothing else. It's also about the fear of intimacy and learning to confront your personal flaws and past trauma in order to grow into a better person.

I respect the fact that Issyama took the risky path and let Eren become a monster, most other authors would cop out

fascism

>I respect the fact that Issyama took the risky path and let Eren become a monster
your first non-generic shonen?

this is not a ylyl thread

HxH is a terrible manga and specifically written for homosexuals to enjoy

No but it's not exactly a common path for the MC unlike being a faggot which you followed to a T

IE, girly retarded nonsense. You don't become a better person by introspection, you do it by trying harder, and getting in the fucking robot.

The difference is, most political mecha or anime in general doesn't delve into particularly deep ideological concerns, much less AoT's genuinely controversial suggestions.

>I respect the fact that Issyama took the risky path and let Eren become a monster
Try reading seinen manga retard.

Attached: 1563658662059.jpg (906x781, 346K)

>deep ideological concerns, much less AoT's genuinely controversial suggestions.
Almost fell off my chair from laguther.

shipping wars if I look at the recent threads

Annie kicking you in the balls

But user, story telling is exactly what snk does right. The politics are lackluster, and at least for me, not the main appeal. The so called "hype" is very much a response to what did happen as well as what might
(isn't this the case in every good story?). But you're obviously judging the manga based on the cancerous generals and not on its own merits, which makes arguing pointless.

Actual effort and some planning went into the story. Most manga fucking sucks so the bar is pretty low

Giant Zombies

>It's also about the fear of intimacy and learning to confront your personal flaws and past trauma in order to grow into a better person
that's what basically most of the high schoolers nowadays depressed about, Annon.

It stopped being a thing like 3 years ago.
Stop being stuck in 2013 for god sake!

How come the anime is vastly superior to the manga

but it's truth, he has chraracter progression, Eren is a passive character, he only reacts to the things happening in the plot, he has never pushed the plot forward, he hasn't grow in any way, he just got older, and in recent chapters he is revealed as final boss?

>he has never pushed the plot forward
Try actually reading the manga.

>1st world problems are the same as living in post apocalyptic world
never change Yea Forums

Mention one moment

>has never pushed the plot forward

Yeah thats true before timeskip , but who push the plot forward in the current arc ?

The time he attacked Liberio
The time he travelled back in time and told Grisha to kill everybody

Attached: character regression.jpg (1828x1057, 766K)

Zeke and the marleyans, Eren is literally reacting to whatever is happening, even his death, not even that he pushed forward he was saved

Attached: Chapter_117_Cover.png (1009x1600, 3.3M)

Too intelligent for Yea Forums

Why are contrarians always so fucking dumb?

The attack wasn't his plan as far as I can remember. Telling Grisha to kill was his only contribution and worst it fucks grishas character

He literally caused all of this

correction, eldians caused all of this

we live in a society

indeed, idk whats your point

ignore him, its stupid Yea Forums bullshit

Wasnt it Yea Forums's thing? Well I don't care, he didn't brought a single point to defend snk. It's funny how easy to destroy this "manga of the decade" is.

There's nothing to defend, you never had an argument.

Is this bait? Can't tell.

Just saying no doesn't invalidate my argument, swettie. If you think Im missinforming someone correct me, please

It's not, tell me why Im wrong

>he never had character progression
This is just factually untrue, the whole gist of the plot is the paradigm shifts that Eren goes through.

But the only reason Zeke is moving is because Eren tricked him into it? Until ZE arrived at the coordinate, both believed that Zeke would be the key, even if the reverse later turned out to be true.

Read slower, Im saying he has no character development, he has character progression, because if you don't have that you are truly a shit writer that should've never write anything, character development is harder to pull off, a thing very clear since Isayama can't do it

>shifting goalposts
>is still wrong for the same reason
Pathetic.

Fine, I'll put it simply: The entry plot post timeskip is Eren's machinations and everyone else reacting to it.

Is your reading comprehension seriously this bad?

>mental gymnastics
Until I see a good argument about why I'm wrong, well...

*the entire plot

This is Isayama rewritting the story, kid. He's good at faking foreshadowing.

>Dishonest Paneling
>Post-Isekai inversions
>Grating indefinite amateurish line-work
>Gatcha Game Iconography
>Proto-Slysoy Disenfranchisement peddled as NEET/ entertainment/Herbivore Powerplay
>Neo netouyo hangups: scene schizophrenia and meme dialogue
>Meta-Structure syndrome (refusing to build narrative structure is just as problematic as indulging in See: Firepunch/U19)
>Stoicism as social currency inverted through solipsistic ToC fetish

>draws you in with mystery, intense action
>starts off with okay writing feels like a fun action adventure with a great cast ripe for people to pick out their favorites
>Even though it has titan elements its still grounded in reality i.e. no pink hair all characters look like they could be based off real people.
>soon erupts into balls to the wall action and introduces information at a fair pace and has characters react in real ways real people would probably act
>character development
>not a lot of deviation from manga
>manga writer has a say in how anime is directed
>anime respects manga
>it just keeps getting better

Wtf is that shit?

Bunch of retarded buzzwords like you were spouting

What are you talking about now?

Isayama doesn't even know how to draw, kid

You guys know that the story was going to be just stupid action fun right? That's why in the beginning paradis was humanity last bastion. Isayama rewrites the story to milk the cow for longer, this political bs last arc has no reason to be there, even worst this last arc is terrible.

>
and not a single argument was made that day

>It's also about the fear of intimacy and learning to confront your personal flaws and past trauma in order to grow into a better person.

Cringe. The literal theme behind every shonen.

Go to bed mate, you're losing it.

Mechas are not really fun.

Let me correct you: my argument was that Isayama rewrites the story so the manga lasts longer and sells more by default, this is noticeable because the stories changes abruptly and vague events are filled later.

Seems that you are the one losing it, since you didn't even bother to say something relevant

Attached: 1536712483348.jpg (400x465, 71K)

Only white like this manga.

>moving the goalposts this hard

Are you going to deny that the timeloop was adressed in the very first chapter?

Then how come it's ending in 10 chapters? He could milk it for many years more.
You were already proven wrong by your shallow assumption about the plot so no you resort to backpedalling into meta factors

Plenty of series flip the roles to get a point across, and you retards *STILL* can't understand.

X-Men
Tokyo ghoul
Witcher
AoT

And you either ignore the theme and focus on the "pretty coluhs and thing hit otha thing and go bam!"
Or choose to think it serves your ideologies. Like right now.

How can /pol/tards lack cognitive perception to this degree?

Surprise, people in japan dropped this cringefest once it reach the Village twist and even more people dropped it when it reach the politics arc, people lose interest in his shit.

It was not, and as said before the events are so vague that you can fill it with everything, and guess what, you are only stating your theory nothing concrete.

It's unironically a modern masterpiece, and the anime is AOTD

Attached: 1549572505670.png (989x793, 425K)

But if Isayama put in vague stuff hinting at time travel to follow up on later, doesn't that contradict your earlier statement that snk was only meant to be battle shonen?

Try harder, kid.

this

Hiroyuki Sawano and the fact that the anime is cleaner so to speak compared to the manga (very noisy due to exaggerated use of cross-hatching and black)

>Tokyo Ghoul.
This one is legitimately shit, though.

So are Aot and everything else he listed there, just goes to show that you didn't understand user's post

>This one is legitimately shit
True, every long running series will jump the shark at some point. For TG it was after Arima's death and "the Washus are actually ghouls themselves lol", and for SnK it was as soon as PATHS and time travel bullshit got introduced.

>battle shonen can't have time travel
your opinions are so easily discarded

Attached: images (33).jpg (493x622, 52K)

Completely subjective and besides the point.
The point of the series is that both sides are misunderstood.

Yeah I think Isayama's strength is his ability to actually wrap up subplots and give meaning to everything while most of his contemporaries just add shit to fill up pages, extend a dying plot or to serve as blatant fan service etc.

Daily reminder that the guy in pic related ultimately lost the war, /pol/faggot.

Here comes the retards saying it's subjective

That was your argument, not mine.

>Here comes

But I already said it. You just replied to it.
Newfag & retarded

kek, i don't even have to write to make you look like a butthurt fag

Can Eren just release the titans already?
Paradis needs more L E B E N S R A U M

>literally the 2nd best selling manga nowdays and costantly praised for its interesting writing
>lol. People dropped this cringefest ,for this reason the mangaka stopped milking it

First of all isayama is following the ending he planned for the series back in 2013 (after swiching from the grim ending he had planned in 2009).
Second: he never milked the series, you would be right if SnK stayed in his safeplace with "humans vs giant zombies" forever like the tv version of "the walking dead". But isayama planned most of the twist and alwais tryed to improuve himself.
You don't like it.........IT'S YOUR PROBLEM!!!

P.s. :the village is actually a good movie, and the twist SnK got is one of the reasons why this manga is so praised nowdays.

My argument was, he rewrites the story to.make it longer and any vague event he left can be filled with anything, you can say Eren was seeing the future or that he saw his fathers memories and it would, or that he had a bad dream and everything is still valid because it's so vague you can literally fill it with anything

>SnK it was as soon as PATHS and time travel bullshit got introduced.
So basically from chapter 1, since paths and consciusness trasfering (is not a time travel ) were set literally in the first pages.

good summary

How can one man be so based ?

Attached: 1566973261447.jpg (241x158, 33K)

user, every manga and anime on Yea Forums is shit, it’s just the way it is

>eren has no development
trash opinion, disregarded. you can be a contrarian faggot if you want but at least read the manga youre trying to shit on

this, sawano really elevates it with a few extremely iconic osts

post proof about it being top selling, hardmode: actual japanese websites, your shitty english pages can say whatever the hell they want, actual japanese web sites are better source
Plus, you are literally confirming he rewrote the story, he is hack, Isayama didn't plan anything on advance, he makes shit uo as he goes on, but he lacks the talent of oda to make it endless that's why is ending.
If it's top selling, then why is being ending? Good selling mangas are kept going forever! Why the studio animating it dropped it if it makes money? Why Isayama change the story? (To sell more), also he is not good drawing, and he got worst as time went on, is that improving himself?

>t.speedrader
I've read and Im reading the whole thing, do you even know what is character development?

Low IQ here, what's even the difference between character development and character progression?

>one piece-fag

Opinion discarded. Also, your ESL is really showing when you get all agitated, it's cute.

This guy literally changed from a generic ragetard MC to a multidimensional character who accepted his role as "enemy of humanity" to protect the people he cares about (and maibe his potentialy child if the EH theory is true). Damn he even forgiven Reiner for what he did at shigashina 9 years before and understood that humans and eldians are the same. You may don't like him, but keep saying that eren never get a character development is the stupidest thing i ever heard, since he is the most developed character of this manga.

Attached: 1561197554998.jpg (1067x1600, 409K)

>t.speedtyping retard
apparently you dont know what development is if you such a monumentally bad take like eren has no development. if you wanted to argue about other characters id be willing to listen, but youre obviously just a contrarian faggot

Attached: tragedy.png (1824x1300, 1.35M)

>you are literally confirming he rewrote the story, he is hack
Yes, in 2013 he admitted he changed the grim ending he had planned in 2009 because of the popularity and because he felt to grow up from a edgy writer he used to think being.
>If it's top selling, then why is being ending? Good selling mangas are kept going forever!
Thsi is stupid. Everything need an ending or the story will became an endless circle of cliché and already used shit (basically Oda). If SnK is ending is because the mangaka planned it to end and don't want to be remembered as an hack who kept milking his series forever like Oda's uan Piss.

And this last point is the perfect proof of how you are just an idiot who enjoy reading crap.

lel, op is shit, also, being esl doesn't change anything, retard, it's cute how you think otherwise

Not contrarian kid, i just dislike bad content, Eren has progression, no development

>strawman
if snk is ending it's because the publishers arent getting the money they expected, and guess what, he is already being known for being a hack.
>he is not an edgelord
then why the story keep being edgy?

Attached: 40592858_536402953465642_7139634615584555008_n.jpg (349x349, 58K)

k

God damn!!!! How can you be so fucking retard (and i mean REALLY RETARD)!!!
Everything need a FUCKING ending at one point or it will became lame or shitty since the mangaka/writer/producer will run out of ideas or forcing the plot with stupid bullshit !!!!!
SnK is ending because it reached its plot climax, it is ending because Isayama want it to end, so he will finish his first manga with a good finale and start a new manga again with new ideas!!! He is a person with ambitions who won't just being stuck in the same cycle of writing like that lazy dick head of ODA who only care about the money he continuing to make in 30 years with one of the laziest and predictable story ever.
One piece is literally one of the most Forced ,predictable and stupid manga i have ever read( but this because Oda will never write an ending for it and he will just pull shit from his head in order to milk it forever).
I fell so sorry for you OPfags because you are so blind that your will never understand you are reading an eternal manga that will never been remembered eccept for being "that shitty milked manga" (basically just like Dragon ball).

>strawman again
I don't like op neither db, I just mentioned oda because he sells his shit and keeps selling no matter what, if Isayama wouldve been given more years he wouldve continued the plot forward and retards like you would still praise him no matter what, a well done political thriller is done with seriousness and grounded in reality, but guess what, this one has superpowers because it had them even before being political, because it mutated into something it wasnt meant to be. You reek denial, grow up and get a taste, kid

But are you stupid?! Keeping shit for too long have the only resoult to ruin everything!!
Isayama played will his cards because he left the "zone of comfort" many times.
Adding more political shit with more useless characters, cheap titan actions and retarded arc only for the sake to milking the story is literally the retardest idead a writer would have (at least for a writer with a brain).
The reason why marley arc and jaegers/current arc are so praised is partially motivated by their importance im the story. Because instead of being pointless arcs created only for the sake of moneygrabbing, they are written as important point where the plot is reaching a ceedible conclusion, because snk will never became an endless story like "the walking dead", because everything need to reach an ending. Even if you it or not!!!

You are the only kid here (a manchild is probably more appropiate), because marley and the political route was foreshadowed since the first chapters (he changed the ending, but not his ideas,in fact everything is credible and well wrapped togheter).
And who said that politics series can't put superpowers!!! The main reason why eldians are so hated is because they can be turned into giant monsters (the fucking ajin is a political thriller about magic and mistery too, since it talk about immortal people in the real world......or you hate it too?), even fma is a political thriller but with people who can create mtal blades etc...
All your accusation are weak, the only reason you are sperging so much to shitting on this series is simple: you have an hateboner on it since the 2013 (when the anime hired) because it was too popular and you can't get over the fact that it became good.

Deal with it, you will never be right because all your complain come from your hate and taste.

>proudly using /pol/ as source

Attached: 1567932430192.png (1089x1080, 1.26M)

>But are you stupid?! Keeping shit for too long have the only resoult to ruin everything!!
Yes, keeping things too long make quality decline, but that doesn't stop them from selling, e.g. bleach, naruto, dragon ball, snk, etc.

>Isayama played will his cards because he left the "zone of comfort" many times.
Mention one moment in which this has happened.

>Adding more political shit with more useless characters, cheap titan actions and retarded arc only for the sake to milking the story is literally the retardest idead a writer would have (at least for a writer with a brain).
Yet Isayama did it. The new characters are not important they don't offer anything besides more figures and shipping, they are all as one dimensional as the original cast

>The reason why marley arc and jaegers/current arc are so praised is partially motivated by their importance im the story. Because instead of being pointless arcs created only for the sake of moneygrabbing, they are written as important point where the plot is reaching a ceedible conclusion, because snk will never became an endless story like "the walking dead", because everything need to reach an ending. Even if you it or not!!!
Calm down, kid. This thing will have a terrible conclussion, fans will hate it, just wait.

>he has never pushed the plot forward
He literally made Grisha kill the founding titan family to get that power for himself. He also infiltrated Marley on his own.

It's decent compared to other shonen trash like mha

read more manga unironically

what plebs like

>because marley and the political route was foreshadowed since the first chapters
Except you are wrong, it was never foreshadowed, mention one moment iif you think I am wrong.

>even fma is a political thriller but with people who can create mtal blades etc...
FMA has political elements, it's not a political thriller, politics were a plot device, it was as black and white as it can get. e.g. evil guy ruling vs good guys facing him

>you have an hateboner on it since the 2013
No, at first it intrigued me, it was stupidly edgy right from the start, but i liked that shit, I dropped the anime when they turned into titans, and continued with the manga because friends told it was good, i did and it was terrible, but continue reading to learn how not to make manga, my friends who were fans then don't even care about it now

>Yes, keeping things too long make quality decline, but that doesn't stop them from selling, e.g. bleach, naruto, dragon ball, snk, etc.
Too bad for you isayama cares more about the quality of his manga instead of turning it into a selling machine, he didn't even expected to became famous but tought he would be a niche author at the begin of his work on snk

>Mention one moment in which this has happened
Literally after every plottwist.he coukd easily been stuck into his survival "humans vs monsters", but he evolved his concept many times turning it into a ww1 version of gundam (a good one).

>the ending will be shit.
Have you some proof outside your pure hate for this manga? To me you are just desperatly trying to convince yourself that this manga is bad.
You have literally no arguments, just a pure hateboner for isayama's work.
You are literally the most closed minded pathetic human being i have ever seen(read) in a while. Just grow up and have sex instead of projecting all your problem on a manga just because it is popular.

>muh survival zombie edgy shit became a gray politic war story.....how dared hacksayama to did this.
You know that George Romero (the father of zombies) have alwais used his survival zombie story as methapor and surface setting for politics and actual gray morals dillema?
>marley was never mentioned etc...son no foreshadowing!
No ! This manga is a "show no tell" manga, you have to use the brain in order to understand something and not being costantly spoonfed!!! The presence of a humanity outside the walls were introduces and settled the moment where Annie revealed herself as the female titan and had that flashback about her father.

>Too bad for you isayama cares more about the quality of his manga instead of turning it into a selling machine, he didn't even expected to became famous but tought he would be a niche author at the begin of his work on snk
Then why is his manga so shitty? It has shitty art, one dimensional characters, retarded plot, it's pretentious (in the sense he tries to write a mature story but the only way he know is with shock factor)

>Literally after every plottwist.he coukd easily been stuck into his survival "humans vs monsters", but he evolved his concept many times turning it into a ww1 version of gundam (a good one).
kek, you don't even know what a plot twist is, this has nothing on gundam, he has never written something else before so you don't know anything about his style (which is being edgy) did he ever stopped being edgy?

>have you some proof outside your pure hate for this manga? To me you are just desperatly trying to convince yourself that this manga is bad.
You have literally no arguments, just a pure hateboner for isayama's work.
You are literally the most closed minded pathetic human being i have ever seen(read) in a while. Just grow up and have sex instead of projecting all your problem on a manga just because it is popular.
He has written himself into a corner, there won't be satisfying conclusion for this series. Let me ask you: what is Magath's character arc? what is Gabi's character arc? Why should I care about a race of evil zombie giants that conquered the world being beaten? It doesn't matter that you say I have no arguments, I've presented them and you haven't made a single good respone, I have sex two times a week with my gf, I even gave her my manga of snk (first volume) she couldn't stand it.

>he has sex twice a week

Wew

I have a job and she does as well, I see no problem
also checked

Can't believe this user just praised one piece like it isn't episodic fan fiction.

>i am very angry and i want to kill those who opress us
100 chapters later
>i am very angry and i want to kill those who opress us
Wow that's a lot of character development, Eren is so complex and interesting.

>You know that George Romero (the father of zombies) have alwais used his survival zombie story as methapor and surface setting for politics and actual gray morals dillema?
Nope, night of the living dead was a horror survival story, well executed I might add casting a black actor doesn't make it political commentary, worst part is that he picked him because he was the best, not to push his agenda. dawn was more of a critique on consumerism, with bike raiders throwing pies to zombies, you see, Romero has talent Isayama don't.

>No ! This manga is a "show no tell" manga, you have to use the brain in order to understand something and not being costantly spoonfed!!! The presence of a humanity outside the walls were introduces and settled the moment where Annie revealed herself as the female titan and had that flashback about her father.
As previously stated, the existence of Annie could've been revealed as she works for the paradis government to keep the people ignorant and to kill those who might discover the truth, see, so vague it can fit anything.
Plebs these days.

Except I never did, oda keeps selling his shit regardless of quality, if that's not a talent I don't know how to call it

> one dimensional charcaters
Sorry but Historia,Reiner,zeke,Eren,grisha,jean,Annie,kenny,Rod and erwin exist
>magath arc
He didn't had an arc, but he is still a realistic character and person who actually simpatize for eldians and actually fell bad for kill them
>gabi arc
Literally half of the current arc was focused on her, and while her story was kind predictable, it was still entertaining like her friendship with sasha's adoptive sister in 108 and mr.blause speech in 111.
>the mangaka put himself in a corner.
False, he planned the story and wrapped everything in the most coerent and credible way
>why i should care about the race of monsters?
Because the story is focused on them, literally the main cast is part of this race and the entire story actually got impruved after the revelation in the basement.

Now, im pretty tired of write this, stop being a faggot and accept that you are in the wrong FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!

And what he should do? Take off his pants and sit in position to be ass fucked by the humans just because his anchestors did horrible things.
Because chapter 100 is the moment where he realized that peace will never been an option since THE ENTIRE WORLD WANT ALL OF THEM DEAD!!!!!

>he planned the story
I'm so tired of this meme. He changed the story many times. Armin supposed to be important after timeskip, but he gave his role to Eren, Historia wasn't important character at first, but he changed it. He wanted to end manga in volume 20 in RtS arc but this was also completely rewritten.
I recommend to re-read SnK more careful this time, and also check out some Isayama's interviews.

Attached: 11546432.png (280x230, 70K)

He changed soem of the plotpoints and the ending, but he never changes his ideas of progressions and evolution of the plot.
Stop trying to find flawes it find excuses to say "SNK IS SHIT!!!!!" because is not working and you are just embarating yourself

Attached: download.jpg (290x174, 8K)

>Because chapter 100 is the moment where he realized that peace will never been an option since THE ENTIRE WORLD WANT ALL OF THEM DEAD
Eren as a character never really had moral conflict within himself or thoughts on such matter so there's no development. His point of view was never challenged because Eren doesn't have any. After he learns the truth in the basement he goes "i we kill them all we will finally be free" and.. timeskip, 4 years later and Eren is the same guy, pretty much. Isayama can only write one dimensional and simple characters.

Attached: 1561957002631.jpg (868x1227, 417K)

>no argument
i see

>Sorry but Historia,Reiner,zeke,Eren,grisha,jean,Annie,kenny,Rod and erwin exist
They are one dimensional af, if I am wrong prove me otherwise
>He didn't had an arc, but he is still a realistic character and person who actually simpatize for eldians and actually fell bad for kill them
So a character with a single trait? Hmmm

>Literally half of the current arc was focused on her, and while her story was kind predictable, it was still entertaining like her friendship with sasha's adoptive sister in 108 and mr.blause speech in 111.
she doesn't have an arc, she is not developing anything, having a backdrop isn't the same as having an arc, she hasn't changed, again, prove me wrong if you think that's the case

>False, he planned the story and wrapped everything in the most coerent and credible way
In a previous reply you admitted him chaging the story, it's not credible when Eren has plot armor so thicc he avoids death itself, is coherent he still alive after being decapitated? Paths and mind transfer are there when Isayama writes himself into a corner.

>Because the story is focused on them, literally the main cast is part of this race and the entire story actually got impruved after the revelation in the basement.
Retarded, the story got worst because of that revelation, the storytelling was broken beyond repair at this point:
Why marley doesn't invade? Why is giving the eldians more soldiers a thing?, etc.
Calm down kid, if this comic is important for you I respect that, you can like hit if you want to.

The art manages to be godawful in a lot of ways and really impressive in others at the same time, which alone makes for an interesting visual experience, though I wouldn't say appealing.

Likewise, the story is a clusterfuck in a lot of ways but the overarching narrative is very interesting. A lot of people have different takes on what it "means" (including retards calling it nazi glorification) but at the end of the day it's a story about people being swept up in the world no matter how much they try to exercise control over their lives. As one character says on his deathbed, everybody in that world needs to be drunk on something just to keep going. Whether that's crime, life as a child soldier, or trying to fight your circumstances and alienating all those around you in the process; the story has a continuous feeling of despair and failure triumphing over everything else, even as the main cast make progress, and that makes it pretty addicting to read.

Ultimately the best part of AoT is the worldbuilding. Everything in the world feels solid and thought out, and I'd argue the world the characters live in is its own character and probably the most interesting one.

But that said the manga is really, really average once you put the uniqueness of the world and narrative to the side. It's a good read but it can be a headache sometimes. The anime is an extraordinary adaptation though with beautiful animation and a more cleaned up story. It's one of the rare times I'd recommend it over the manga.

He literally forgiven Reiner and the marleyans for everything happened! The only reason why he had to start the attack was because he had no choice to protect his land. Just look at his face when willy tybur declared war (and the ambasciators applauded), he was sad and closed his eyes in sign of rassegnation to the inevitable outcome

I forgot to mention, the main cast was humans at the beginning, that's why we care for them, after the revelation, we learn that they are just ignorant of their powers

If Isayama doesn't fuck up the ending, what are the chances of AoT becoming a classic?

>he was sad and closed his eyes in sign of rassegnation to the inevitable outcome
I thought Eren already knows the future since chapter 90

>If Isayama doesn't fuck up the ending
Read last few chapters.

None

Attached: 1563884135819.jpg (612x468, 27K)

damn, how will snkfags refute this fact?

Man, i tried with all my force of will to make you understand tha truth, but is like talking with a wall. No matter how resonable my answer will be, you will be alwais say that "NANANAN IM RIGHT NNANANA YOUR WRONG" like a 6 years old child. You hate this manga so much that you won't understand? Fine! Plato used to think that the people who won't learn from their errors are the worst kind of pleople.you are just like the Christian curch during middle age, no matter how many prof i will give, you will never change you mind.
Said that, i hope to never see you again in Yea Forums.

P.s. before left this conversation heres a big GO FUCK YOURSELF from the bottom of my heart.

>implying after MUH PATHS and MUH MEMORY TIME TRAVELING it hasn't already jumped the shark
acquire some taste, shonentard

>speedreader gets caught speedreading

Jesus fuck, get better bait next time

It's crazy how much Isayama fuck up his story with "Eren was god of time behind everything" plot twist. It also fucked up Grisha's character

He can only see the future of someone who possesses the SnK you speedreading cunt

Wait, would that even kill Reiner? Wouldn't his titan powers just regenerate his blown-off head?

Because he tought inside himself that maibe there was another solution.......but chapter 100 was the proof that he has no other way to protect his land.

True, he would just have to transfer his consciousness through his nerve system lol

So which one is it?
>SnK toddlers can't even understand the story in their favourite shonen

Are you retarded? Where in the text is it even IMPLIED that Ereh is some master keikakku future knowing God? We only know that by kissing Historia's hand, he received a memory of his father's where he saw himself manipulate him into killing the royal family. He probably also saw the scene where Grisha says that Eren's dream will come to fruition, and in the course of the next four years he probably saw more fragments proving that the rumbling will happen.
This doesn't mean that the faggot is in complete control and knowledge of every little tidbit that happens and will happen in the future.

You haven't made any point that wasn't immediately counter, as I am saying, if you like this shit go on, enjoy, but if you are not willing to defend it, then don't defend it.

Shit b8

Also, many times I've told you to correct if I am wrong, but you never did

Attached: 1566709839538.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

It's a fact that he can only see the future of his successor. Now tell me how does this play a part during Willi's speech and Eren's reaction?

He saw the future when he 'wins' through Grisha

Getting teens into xenophobia and fascism the subtle way.

based satan

>NOOOO STOP LIKING IT AGHHHHHHH

NOOO, PLEASEEEE LIKE MY SHITTY SHONEN!!!!

Attached: 1567451464029.jpg (635x985, 97K)

no one said that, but i can't expect a wojack poster to understand anything.

Attached: Eren.png (736x905, 452K)

>wojack
>can't even get the meme right

Attached: 1561308897764.png (528x606, 391K)

au contraire, please leave

>NOOOO ITS A S O Y MEME NOT A WOJACK MEME U GOT IT WRONGG AHHHHHH

You are a contrarian to good taste, you should leave

Attached: images (69).jpg (500x281, 18K)

Not the user you are talking to but
>Historia,Reiner,zeke,Eren,grisha,jean,Anie,kenny,Rod and erwin
>One dimensional
Definetly not and you know it. Some may have hit their character progression and were sidelined, but they still are still good and developed characters.
Well, maybe not Rod.
And Magath is still not very developed and in my opinion needs a little more explanation, he is indeed kind of flat.

Gabi is just there to show us the heavy indoctrination on the eldians and her slow change of heart, but Isayama made her too annoying and nobody cares.
And she did change, she already declared that the people in the walls are just people, too little too late for readers to buy it, actually.
>is coherent he still alive after being decapitated?
We actually don't know if he will keep being alive outside the PATHS, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Isayama has written himself into a corner several timea with several characters, but PATHS was surely planned before the timeskip at least since chapter 90 for sure.
>Why marley doesn't invade?
They invaded, in chapter one.
Or right now, they are in the middle of a Marley invasion.
>Why is giving the eldians more soldiers a thing?
What do you mean?

its literally the logical progression from his first goal. you seriously dont know what you are talking about, go read the chapter before the timeskip. Hes all about freedom. Hes the freedom titan, his enemy was killing titans. He learns that humans are the cause of the titan problem and Paradis is a prison.

He finally reaches the beach and sees the ocean, just like hes dreamt about doing with his friends thinking it would be his freedom. He points to the seas and says pic related

followed by 'we will finally be free?'

If you think killing mindless monsters is the same thing as killing people in a war, you might need to see a psychologist.Or if you think 'Character development requires a character to change the entire premise of their character radically.' He did change pretty radically already, doing it anymore would make him an illogical progression of his previous character.

Attached: 1566204197357.png (478x478, 353K)

>the shingeki no kyojin was inside you all along eren
and gigcuck said it the best manga/anime unironically

wrong pic, retard is contagious if you think about replying to it for too long

Attached: tumblr_inline_or637yK3K11tnmxvq_500.png (500x568, 131K)

Dump the official translation, niggers

>Definetly not and you know it. Some may have hit their character progression and were sidelined, but they still are still good and developed characters. Well, maybe not Rod. And Magath is still not very developed and in my opinion needs a little more explanation, he is indeed kind of flat.
Theyre indeed one dimensional, their personalities are defined by their one and only goal and only have a single personality trait, like being obedient, or having strong sense of duty, do we ever see historia making a joke or what kind of things she likes to do? No

>Gabi is just there to show us the heavy indoctrination on the eldians and her slow change of heart, but Isayama made her too annoying and nobody cares.
And she did change, she already declared that the people in the walls are just people, too little too late for readers to buy it, actually.
This is an excuse to make a character not interesting or appealing

>We actually don't know if he will keep being alive outside the PATHS, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Isayama has written himself into a corner several timea with several characters, but PATHS was surely planned before the timeskip at least since chapter 90 for sure.
Paths are just Isayama's way to not deal with actual change. don't lie to yourself, everyone knows Eren is still alive, and he will somehow get his body back, Isayama will pull out something. Remember how zeke was literally dead until Isayama Ymir ex machina him back to life?

>Why marley doesn't invade? They invaded, in chapter one. Or right now.
It has been established that marley had zeke and other titans on their side (which can control lesser titans) since the beggining, why not attack paradis if they need the resources? They can use paths to make things easier and the royal family doesn't care about the plebs

>Why is giving the eldians more soldiers a thing? What do you mean?
Titans are send to paradis to roam there as punishment, why should i give my biggest enemy more soldiers?

>Democrat on /a

Attached: 7F7C7D1E-C2A0-4AA1-8D7A-4DC9D1D12806.jpg (236x243, 15K)

Attached: 1567819041874.jpg (503x595, 70K)

>I was trolling bro, hahaha got you

Attached: 1564775185485.jpg (540x720, 33K)

Unironically this.

Attached: 1567809435168.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

>hahaha, just as planned, got you

Attached: 1565159781317.jpg (563x651, 226K)

Attached: 1567912968460.jpg (398x276, 53K)

Not that user, but im here to answer some questions
>how eren is still alive after being decapitated?
There are like 60-120 seconds after the decapitation until the cosciusness black out (and 3-6 minutes for cerebral death), so eren's head was still alive when touched by zeke. Than they were sent in the paths dimension, were an instant of seconds in the reality is felt like being there for thousands of years (like "inception"'s time in dreams). So yes, until they are there eren is still alive (they didn't done it in marley because the still wanted to control the rumbling and for that they need a visual control, also because the warriors would felt it like happened during clash of titans arc).
>why marley didn't strike before with a multy attack?
Marley was in war with other countries, so have no time and resources to spent into fighting the mindless giants they have sent there for like a century (decision they regretted since the numeros presence of mindless titan to keeping the walldians enclosed became an obstacle to reach the walls for them), so they sent 4 of their 7 shifters in mission to steal the FT. Then,5 years later,probably during a military situation were they didn't need the help of their titans, they sent the other 2 in order to reacquire the other 4 and eventually the FT. Then they waited other 4 years because busy with the war with the non-turkish showed in chapter 90-91

>their personalities are defined by their one and only goal
Lets see a couple of them, shall we?
>Reiner
Marley soldier, very obedient.
He wants to be a "marleyan", his mother desired it and made him desire it too to make her happy. Also the reliable soldier but the devoted warrior. This is one dimensional.
But
>We have seen him very troubled to the point of dissasociation
>He doesn't care about being "marleyan" anymore
>He feels very guilty for his actions
>He was reliable soldier to compensate
>And the devoted warrior because of family pressure
>He hates the situation he is put in and actually wants to end it all
>Suicidal tendencies.
He is very well written, with a compelling arc and development.
Unless you are the one who defines him by -his role is suffering and losing- which is not.
Same about pretty much the others, Reiner is just the more obvious example.
You may need to give me, in your opinion, their one dimensional traits about them if you dissagree, so I can comment on them.

Gabi is definetly not interesting or appealing, she is annoying as fuck and not because she shot Eren. She was indeed a very flat character since her beginning and now it's too late to buy her change.
>Remember how zeke was literally dead until Isayama Ymir ex machina him back to life?
Yes I do and I didn't like it because it had no explanation given, Ymir doesn't work on her own without a royal will directing her so who commanded her to save him.
But in the case of Eren, Sieg was there so it doesn't bother me too much.
PATHS, in my opinion, is actually well thought, but needed a little more clear foreshadow if he wanted the readers to fully grasp it. These threads show he kinda failed.
>why not attack paradis if they need the resources?
They wanted to steal the founding. The original mission was luring the founding into action and eat it, the plot -or marley's inconpetence- decided that the youngest warrior were enough.
And the titans are sent there to keep them inside.

>There are like 60-120 seconds after the decapitation until the cosciusness black out (and 3-6 minutes for cerebral death), so eren's head was still alive when touched by zeke.
I actually believe this to be more possible that armong's survival.
Fuck that.

Sorry but it perfectly possible, during the terror in france there were many cases where decapitated people (and there were a lot) where the head moved mounth,eyes or tried to speak for flew seconds.
The cerebral death isn't istantaneous and a person is tecnically dead only when the brain can't be saved anymore

I can't help but notice that everyone complaining about the series are not fans, and maybe read it once several years ago but then dropped it. Isayama is doing an amazing job, the story is great, he really brought things back after the timeskip. He invested several chapters to establish new characters and a new world, and it all paid off. These days the art is far better than it was, the plot is complex and engaging, the action is great. There are no bullshit powerups like most shonen. There's no weird cartoony artstyles, or fanservice female characters. Isayama has never missed a deadline either.

Attached: hand to hand.jpg (2037x3056, 2.84M)

The difference is that FMA:B is a hugbox plot where the m.c. has no tough choices with complex morality.

The appeal of A.o.T. is the grimdark morality that Berthold highlighted by that right or wrong doesn't exist in this world. The point of A.o.T. is that all the conflicting factions have their reasons and a point and all of them are forced to make reluctant sacrifices for the sake of the greater good. These people are forced to kill innocent civilians for the common good and the series plays with the effect it has on them like Reiner developing a split personality and becoming suicidal from it and Eren after first swearing revenge on Reiner then after going undercover realizing that he is no different and they are both just men that have to kill innocent men for the greater good.

Yes, I do believe it to be possible, sorry if I was misunderstood.
armong still had to be dead

In my opinion the reason he did that with Zeke is because he couldn't allow Levi to lose, since the fans wouldn't stand for it. Plot-wise and narrative-wise, Levi was supposed to get killed in the forest

It does seem like the people complaining don't remember the plot very well.
But Isayama has pulled some things out of his bum/changed points several times.

Even about armong i don't knwo..... The fume semse actually slowed his fall and made his landing softer, and even the 3rd rate burns aren't an istadeath condition. He was REALLY lucky, but without serum he would be death too.

>There are no bullshit powerups like most shonen
nigger, are we even reading the same manga? just in that fight alone he pulled out his spikes like some generic shonen-esque and in the last chapter we learned that he can conveniently look into the future, if that's not bullshit powerup I don't know

>He is very well written, with a compelling arc and development. Unless you are the one who defines him by -his role is suffering and losing- which is not. Same about pretty much the others, Reiner is just the more obvious example. You may need to give me, in your opinion, their one dimensional traits about them if you dissagree, so I can comment on them.
His main trait is that he has strong sense of duty, all of your greentexting are plot points and conflict derived from that trait, he is a simplistic character, do you know how was he as a kid? Does he misses being a child? What he desires? Why such a boring character trait? Is he shy around women? Is he funny? He's not badly written but he is one dimensional.
Gabi is out of discussion since we agree that shes beyond repair.
Ill adress the other answers later

pretty much the only powerup we've seen is when he ate another titan and inherited it's powers.
And the powers he got are just a way to get the enemies off him.

Compare that to the power scaling in literally any other shonen. Naruto, Dragonball, Bleach, One Piece, whatever. They're pulling a new power out of their ass every couple chapters. They start approaching god-tier, where lower level characters can't even hope to land a hit on them. It's not like that in SnK, there are no "power levels".

How is eren using the power of the titan he ate a bullshit powerup? I mean come on it’s getting embarrassing at this point

>But in the case of Eren, Sieg was there so it doesn't bother me too much.PATHS, in my opinion, is actually well thought, but needed a little more clear foreshadow if he wanted the readers to fully grasp it. These threads show he kinda failed.
Paths are not a bad concept per se, it could've been used as a sort of collective consciousness, but no, it conveniently saves characters and provides time travel and premonition. The main appeal of any work is conflict, paths, as written by Isayama, ruin the conflict and lesses the tension. Don't you think, actually losing the mc, would make actual.change?

>They wanted to steal the founding. The original mission was luring the founding into action and eat it, the plot -or marley's inconpetence- decided that the youngest warrior were enough. And the titans are sent there to keep them inside
But why do they need the founding? They can create their own titans, even worst, when the wall was destroyed, paradis was hit very hard, they took their time to recover and lose many people, why not breaking all the walls, then invading, since it prove extremely effective?

The spikes is because Eren also owns the War-Hammer Titan; that's not bullshit at all; that's pretty obvious because he ate the last owner thereof.

That the Attack Titan can look through time didn't "just pop up"; it was alluded to many times that the Attack Titan not only has the abilities to see past memories but also future memories. The Attack Titan was also always "mysteriously" fighting for freedom and it was first thought that the Attack Titan influenced Eren's beliefs and controlled him but the big reveal is that it was in reverse. Eren basically does the opposite of the Founding Titan which made a vow that affects future owners; Eren made a vow to affect _past_ owners of his Titan ensuring that they always have fought for freedom in the past.

Because they can't create colossal mindless titans. They need to FT power in order to control both the resources from paradis and both the army of titans inseide the walls, who is literally the strongest weapon in their universe. With their knowledge marley can only turn people into 20 mwtres(max) titans without an actual control (even with zeke, his control on his titans isn't absolute like proved with mike's death and falco killing porco instead that reiner)

>strong sense of duty,
Reiner? What the fuck. He just wants out, he never really wanted to be a marleyan, as a kid he just wanted to make his mom happy and his father proud. Only achieved his mom but now she knows he actually misses Paradis.
He does have a sense of duty, but he cares about the people around him way more than his duty now.
>do you know how was he as a kid?
Yes. He was proudful and dutyful, a good son with good intentions but a big inferiority complex and a tendency to overcompensate.
>Does he misses being a child?
I don't think he does. It was kind of hell.
>What he desires?
For the people around him to be happy, he wants the kids to grow, he cares about his family, that's why he thinks he has to stop Eren.
>Is he shy around women?
He is kind of awkward around Historia.
>Is he funny?
He does have a sense of humor, the butt joke was actually a good mood changer for a tense situation and also had funny remarks and comebacks here and there.
You seem to have forgotten 80% of his story.

The only bad powerup was the serum in the cave.
So out of nowhere.

>a titan with broken powers can get adittional broken powers by eating another titans
>Eren is about to get the foundind titan powers
>somehow being a titan allows you to time travel
>not retarded power ups
>not bullshit
plebs these days

Attached: 1565485914479.jpg (564x1002, 64K)

well, the premise off obtain a power by eating the previous holder is basically on off the main reasons why titans exist .
Also the Attack titan is basically the weaker (after the cart) of the 9titans since it can only see memories and have strong punches, while the others have armors,luring scream, steam bomb,sharping claws, beastly streght and the freaking alchemy.

>Don't you think, actually losing the mc, would make actual.change?
Right now I'm hoping Isayama actually kills Eren, to be honest.
I have to admit I like paths because I had a similar story that had something that worked like that, and so far, it makes sense to me.
The time travel and premonition is an old idea tho, he is just using it with his flavor.
>But why do they need the founding?
Two birds, one stone.
They get rid of the rumbling threat, get paradis resources and get the most powerful titan power making them the world power.
>why not breaking all the walls, then invading, since it prove extremely effective?
The rumbling threat, they had to lure the founding and eat it, it was a short mission that went sideways, remember Marley is constantly at war, they can't back up the warriors in the walls.

funny you mention plebs after you got filtered so hard

>He just wants out, he never really wanted to be a marleyan.
Why he doesn't back out then? Maybe because he has a strong sense of duty?

>He does have a sense of duty, but he cares about the people around him way more than his duty now.
Protecting the people I care is not my duty?

>Yes. He was proudful and dutyful, a good son with good intentions but a big inferiority complex and a tendency to overcompensate.
So basically the same character trait.

>I don't think he does. It was kind of hell.
Wouldn't it be interesting and dynamic if his childhood wasn't shit and he had fond memories of being a kid, instead of having one more reason to be the way he is?

>For the people around him to be happy, he wants the kids to grow, he cares about his family, that's why he thinks he has to stop Eren.
You mean, no personnal goals, just his duty.

Those last two point were briefly seen and never brought up again, despite that, none of those define him as a character, when you think about him, you expect him to be funny or just to fight because is the right thing to do?
As before, he's not badly written but one dimensional and boring

>I have to admit I like paths because I had a similar story that had something that worked like that, and so far, it makes sense to me. The time travel and premonition is an old idea tho, he is just using it with his flavor.
Yeah, that doesn't change that the story is pretty shit.

>Two birds, one stone. They get rid of the rumbling threat, get paradis resources and get the most powerful titan power making them the world power.
As before theyhe's could invade and get the founder by force, and still it's not a should, by having 6 out of 9 nine titans, weren't they already pretty op?

>The rumbling threat, they had to lure the founding and eat it, it was a short mission that went sideways, remember Marley is constantly at war, they can't back up the warriors in the walls.
Marley being constantly at wat with whatever amount of countries sure is a good excuse, except we are only told about it, we never see what's happening beyond liberio and also those other countries sure don't have any interest in paradis and cannot do anything about it,right? I called this type of mistakes bad storytelling.

This was meant for this

>Why he doesn't back out then?
Because he tried and failed.
He put a gun to his mouth but Falco made him remember that he has people to care for, but when Eren appeared he just asked to kill him. Also when Falco transformed he was ready to die and pass his power to him.
He is a loyal person to his loved ones and has a strong sense of guilt for what he did.
What do you mean by duty? That he follows his orders? That he is responsible and caring? Yes, but he suffered a lot because of it, his mom, his dad, the kids that died, Falco etc.
A simple "strong sense of duty" character would be someone who is not conflicted by it or the actions said duty made him do.
>he had fond memories of being a kid, instead of having one more reason to be the way he is?
Your circumstances make you the way you are. He does have good memories I think, he did have a loving mother, Bert was a good friend etc.
>You mean, no personnal goals, just his duty.
His duty is being a warrior, his personal goals are protecting his family.
Seriously, you are being a reductionist, having a goal is not a bad character trait, not evolving on it is; for example if Reiner still wanted to be an honorary marleyan.
I may need an example of a good character in your opinion so I can fully grasp your concept.

>story is pretty shit.
That's like your opinion, man.
>It worked before, it kinda works now too.
weren't they already pretty op?
Yes, but it was stated that other countries were already developing anti-titan weaponry, they need to get the founding and get Paradis resources to still be on top and continue their conquests.
If you mean have an all titan war in paradis to get the founding that would be retarded. It would leave the mainland defenseless and risk the activation of the rumbling. The monkey and the cart were not idle.
>we never see what's happening beyond liberio
We do, Reiner and co. destroyed a country before the paradis raid as a training.
>those other countries sure don't have any interest in paradis and cannot do anything about it,right?
Yes, they are probably fighting Marley, Paradis is surrounded by titans and, as far as they know, the moment the king is bothered he will activate the colossals.
They are not mistakes, you just don't seem to remember those details of the story.

>the guy who crossed the sea alone, posed as a war cripple to blend in and fooled his brother while concocting a plan with him and making his allies come to him before drawing first blood on the enemy, acquiring a powerful weapon while numerous innocents are killed as collateral damage, that guy, he has done nothing to propel the plot forward
The absolute state of hiatusxhiatus fags.

absolutely fucking shattered.

People who said this either speed read through the whole thing or are just baiting for attention

Don't worry, he will say some excuse like "it's all the pacing fault" or "because the actual story is boring and uninteresting i forgotten all this stupid details.....is isayama's fault!!!" or other weak excuses to justified his lack of reading and comprension skills.

>!!!"
There's really no need for this.
Calm your tits.

>Because he tried and failed.
He put a gun to his mouth but Falco made him remember that he has people to care for,(...) A simple "strong sense of duty" character would be someone who is not conflicted by it or the actions said duty made him do.
He never tries again, he's one dimensional, the conflicts he has are because his ways are challenged, but he has nothing else beyond that and comes back at them even though are challenged, he keeps doing the same, thus
>their personalities are defined by their one and only goal
I put this a while back, see how it fits?

>Your circumstances make you the way you are. He does have good memories I think, he did have a loving mother, Bert was a good friend etc.
Well guess what most of did, and not all of us have strong sense of duty, that's his trait, he has nothing beyond that.

>His duty is being a warrior, his personal goals are protecting his family.
Seriously, you are being a reductionist, having a goal is not a bad character trait, not evolving on it is; for example if Reiner still wanted to be an honorary marleyan.
I agree, not evolving is bad character writing, but guess what, having an altruistic goal is not a personal goal, he doesn't want money, he doesn't want power, he doesn't want to fall in love, he is very simple, but not badly written

>I may need an example of a good character in your opinion so I can fully grasp your concept
Kamina form ttgl, he's rather one note as badass, but he has: great character design, cocky attitude but still a good guy who cares for his family, moves the plot forward, his objective is to be plain awesome, ladies man, falls in love, impatient, memorable quotes, and gets pawned in an emotionally satisfying way, and guess what we see all of this in action. Now, tell me one quote of Eren or Reiner.

This manga never seizes to amaze me with deeper details. To think the attack titan could have such ability.... NO WONDR EREN KRUGER knew who Armin and Mikasa were!!! Omg. Thats creepy but so cool at the same damn time. Now gotta wait anothet month

>Eren
"I will kill em all, until all the titans will disappear from the face of the earth";"I will keep moving forward, until my enemies are destroyed"; "if we kill the enemies, we will be free"; "i will accept to sacrifice myself....but i will never let this happening to historia"; "reiner, you have suffered too, i think i now can understand...."; " IS BECAUSE I WAS BORN IN THIS WORLD"

>reiner
"I must accept my duty as a warrior"; "if i had never meet you guys....i wouldn't being a little bitch like im now"; "its my fault,i was just an egoist kid whi wanted to be an hero and make his mother prould.....it's my fault if your mother died"; "first or late,we are going to die Eren, what is so important to made you fight, you suffered enought, i will do it for you......JUST SLEEP"

Both have a lot of cool chatchphrases

Nice false flag nigger

>two whole lines each of generic text are memorable
Who the hell do you think I am?

If we don't fight, we can't win. Fight. Fight.

>brevity is the soul of wit

Attached: 5f7.gif (220x227, 515K)

Not that user, but I feel like you just like generic over the top anime cliches with bombastic obvious characters who say what they are feeling out loud every waking second. Which is fine, but generally makes for low brow storytelling.

>well done memorable catchphrase is bad because is not grimdark setting
has the iq of the average anime fan lowered somehow? Oh, I didn't know that I only have to like grimdark stories, I apalogize. (still as a grimdark story snk is trash)

>He never tries again
Man, the dude has been wanting to die since a long time ago.
He asked Eren to kill him, he wanted Falco to eat him.
>he's one dimensional
>he has nothing beyond that.
You seem to have a skewed definition of one dimensional, really.
>he doesn't want money, he doesn't want power, he doesn't want to fall in love, he is very simple
He's depressed.
>Kamina
Wtf
I mean, I LOVE Kamina, but their shows are completely different, upbeat so are all the characters that are involved in the story.
That a character isn't iconic doesn't mean that it's a one dimensional character, because then Erwin is the best character ever written.
Also, GL has ended and it was short, all the character arcs are concluded.
I'm glad you said Kamina, it just seems that you just don't like that the story takes too long to resolve itself or the characters are not as iconic.
>one quote of Eren or Reiner.
Lel
>Because I was born into this world
But seriously, this is a very different show from GL, the mood is different.

>he is hack
really says it all, i agree

They are different stories with a different purpose.
You cannot compare Fire Punch with Zetsubou Sensei or Berserk with GL, but they are all great.

Man, the dude has been wanting to die since a long time ago. He asked Eren to kill him, he wanted Falco to eat him. You seem to have a skewed definition of one dimensional, really.
if he is depressed and wants to die so badly what keeps him from doing it?

>He's depressed
really nigga? you are just justifying his lack of actual goals with that?

>I mean, I LOVE Kamina, but their shows are completely different, upbeat so are all the characters that are involved in the story.
the shows being different in tone or lenght, doesn't mean that it can't have memorable quotes, character designs or anything particularly outstanding
>lotg: "the greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved".
>sailor moon: "in the name of the moon, I'll punish you"
>W40k: "peace is not in my vocabulary."
>aliens: "stay away from her you, bitch"

>That a character isn't iconic doesn't mean that it's a one dimensional character, because then Erwin is the best character ever written.
actual what? you have pretty low standards, kid

>Also, GL has ended and it was short, all the character arcs are concluded. I'm glad you said Kamina, it just seems that you just don't like that the story takes too long to resolve itself or the characters are not as iconic.
I like good stories regardlees of lenght
>>one quote of Eren or Reiner.
I've read the whole manga and none of the things I read have stick wiht me, I asked a couple of friends if they could remember any, they first looked for them on google

>Because I was born into this world
yikes, only yikes
>But seriously, this is a very different show from GL, the mood is different.
well, I've already answered that

Im comparing their staying power, seems that you still remember Berserk

I'm just here for the waifus, man.

Attached: c40d495ed2935e1240bd0c6452c70aa0674d6cf6_hq.jpg (700x435, 93K)

No Rico, shit taste

>if he is depressed and wants to die so badly what keeps him from doing it?
The story.
Falco appears to make him remember, Eren is not really angry at him anymore, Falco changes targets.
>you are just justifying his lack of actual goals with that?
Yes? I mean he is. He only wants to atone for his sins, which are a lot.
>can't have memorable quotes, character designs or anything particularly outstanding
Those don't make a character a good character, they make it iconic.
You are complaining that the characters aren't iconic, not one dimensional.
>actual what? you have pretty low standards
By your definition, he is.
He and Berthold, as he is the most memorable character and the series icon.
Or even Levi.
If you don't like the turn in the story, that's ok, but don't think that makes it bad, just not your cup of tea.

Sounds like Reiner and Bertolt are the protagonists.

Anyway, I only care about, what'll Eren's condition be once he's out pathsland?

He dies instanly? Covered with fast-speed-regeneration heat? Already got his whole body grown back like nothing happed instantly?

(And wouldn't he be naked if he just regenerate back from a head? )

>And wouldn't he be naked if he just regenerate back from a head
Kek
Yeah, that's why I hope he does regenerate.

>The story.
now you are just saying snk has plot armor, and no real character motivation, they are alive for the story to go on

>Falco appears to make him remember, Eren is not really angry at him anymore, Falco changes targets
why discussing something that is not Reiner's character?

>Yes? I mean he is. He only wants to atone for his sins, which are a lot.
he has to do good things because he feels he should.

>Those don't make a character a good character, they make it iconic.
the characters that use this phrases are good and memorable which some better than others like yang, serena, ripley, and guess what part of being a good character is to be iconic, becuase it proves that it can stand the test of time

>You are complaining that the characters aren't iconic, not one dimensional.
I'm complaining that they are one dimentional and not even well executed to be iconic

>By your definition, he is.
how he fits?

>He and Berthold, as he is the most memorable character and the series icon.
kek, no, a week ago I made a thread to ask who are the iconic characters in snk, most of the answers were Levi, Grisha and unironically Eren

>Or even Levi.
Levi is a quite a Gary stu and a self insert of Isayama, if that is something iconic about this series it's quite sad.

>If you don't like the turn in the story, that's ok, but don't think that makes it bad, just not your cup of tea
it makes it bat because it breaks the storytelling, I like grim dark, but whit one condition, it has to be good, any work of fiction can be examinated objectively, as I said to the other user, you can like shit all you want, but that doesn't make it good.

>That's like your opinion, man.
I know it's my opinion, difference here is that I have actual taste

>Yes, but it was stated that other countries were already developing anti-titan weaponry, they need to get the founding and get Paradis resources to still be on top and continue their conquests.
then why not before problems started, they could've won since they still were op af

>If you mean have an all titan war in paradis to get the founding that would be retarded. It would leave the mainland defenseless and risk the activation of the rumbling. The monkey and the cart were not idle.
if two titans can destroy an entire country, why not keep those titans in mainland to defend Marley? and sending the remaining ones to bring back the royals? they don't defend, don't attack, as a walled country with no technology, a siege would destroy the fucking thing, plus actual aid from the lesser titans, as we see

>We do, Reiner and co. destroyed a country before the paradis raid as a training.
No, we don't see, is there any president of another country? is there any character from any other country? show don't tell

Yes, they are probably fighting Marley, Paradis is surrounded by titans and, as far as they know, the moment the king is bothered he will activate the colossals. They are not mistakes, you just don't seem to remember those details of the story.
no, these are actual plotholes that the story has never adressed becuase Isayam doesn't kow how to do it, he is very limited as a storyteller
sorry if I didn't responde before, I was rereading this thing

>plot armor
Yes, at least for Reiner, he survives because the plot demands itand in return it makes him more miserable. I'm not entirely happy about it, but ok.
You can say that he is a character the author messes up with on a meta level, not the first time authors do this.
>not Reiner's character?
>good things because he feels he should.
They are Reiner's circumstances, they are important.
And Reiner is good natured, thus he wants to do what it is good for his loved ones
>the characters that use this phrases are good and memorable which some better than others like yang, serena, ripley, and guess what part of being a good character is to be iconic, becuase it proves that it can stand the test of time
What? The test of time? Seriously? What does that have to do with being a good character? Iconic doesn't equal good, Naruto is iconic as fuck, has catchphrases but he is a cardboard cutout, one dimensional character, like the big majority of shonen protags.
Is he a good character? Well, he is a good protagonist, but as GOOD character he lacks a lot of depth. But he will for sure stand the pass of time, so is he good to you?
>who are the iconic characters in snk
>Levi, Grisha and unironically Eren
Levi and Eren are tho, those who answered Grisha maybe just confused iconic with important.
>it breaks the storytelling
It doesn't, you think it does but not really.
>you can like shit all you want, but that doesn't make it good.
And you can say it's shit all you want, but that doesn't make it bad.

>I have actual taste
Debatable, VERY debatable.
>then why not before problems started, they could've won since they still were op af
I'm starting to think that either you forgot the story or you just skimmed through it quicky if I have to explain things that are actually explained in the actual story.
>if two titans can destroy an entire country, why not keep those titans in mainland to defend Marley? and sending the remaining ones to bring back the royals? they don't defend, don't attack, as a walled country with no technology, a siege would destroy the fucking thing, plus actual aid from the lesser titans, as we see
And this just confirms it.
THE RUMBLING.
If you don't remember the story it's your own problem, not the story's.
>show don't tell
Ch.95 shows and tells.
>these are actual plotholes that the story has never adressed
Only they are not, what the fuck.
I don't know if you need everything explained and chewed or you are actually retarded.

I like Evangelion but let’s be real, it doesn’t make sense than a mecha show have themes such as human relationship or trying to be a better human being. It felt like it sticked two different shows

>Yes, at least for Reiner, he survives because the plot demands itand in return it makes him more miserable. I'm not entirely happy about it, but ok.
dude, if you have such low standards, then how do you want me to take you seriously?

>You can say that he is a character the author messes up with on a meta level, not the first time authors do this.
What does this has to do with anything?

>They are Reiner's circumstances, they are important.
they are, but Reiner is still being the "strong sense of duty guy" thus he is one dimensional, which was the point i tried to make a while back and continuesd being that

>And Reiner is good natured, thus he wants to do what it is good for his loved ones
how interesting! a good natured character doing good natured things, with nothing remarkable

>What? The test of time? Seriously? What does that have to do with being a good character?
yes, if stands the test of time it's conisdered a classic and seen as an example of a good thing, series that stand the test of time: Gundam, Berserk, lotgh, evangelion.
characters that stand the test of time: the genie from aladdin animated movie, Ripley, fucking goku (until certain point), fucking shinji

>Levi and Eren are tho, those who answered Grisha maybe just confused iconic with important.
look, having a Gary stu in your story is one of the worst things your story can has, since it's an amateur mistake and if that character is an iconic part of that fiction, then it's not a good sign

>It doesn't, you think it does but not really.
thing is that it does, because it makes the story not to make sense and that is bad storytelling

>And you can say it's shit all you want, but that doesn't make it bad.
that's why i've to prove my points with actual evidence, thing I've done since I started to write in this thread

And it was great.
Mecha doesn't have to be hotblooded action everytime.

Attached: 1535187514467.jpg (850x1205, 281K)

>Debatable, VERY debatable.
I'm not the one justifying a hack's writing and defending it

>I'm starting to think that either you forgot the story or you just skimmed through it quicky if I have to explain things that are actually explained in the actual story.
Elaborate please, I might've missed that

And this just confirms it. THE RUMBLING. If you don't remember the story it's your own problem, not the story's.
Then tell me, with that kind of power why are eldians in such a bad situation, they have paths to see their ancestors mistakes and premonition to know whats going to happen, the story is broken because this logical useful things are not in use for the story to occur, this all happens because of the introduction of time travel powers.

>Ch.95 shows and tells
It tells in a very sloppy way

>only they are not, what the fuck. I don't know if you need everything explained and chewed or you are actually retarded.
dude, you are just trying to rationalize everything filling the gaps with your headcannon.

Name 5 of these "non generic shonen"

>if you have such low standards
Have you read a book? Metabullying is a thing, and if done great it's awesome.
>What does this has to do with anything?
We were talking about characters being dragged on by the story even when don't want to, Reiner happens to be one. Still, not a sign of bad characterization.
>"strong sense of duty guy" thus he is one dimensional
You need to recheck your definition of what "one dimensional" really means. I can say Kamina is just a "hotblooded guy" and that doesn't make him one dimensional, does it?
>the genie from aladdin animated movie, Ripley, fucking goku (until certain point), fucking shinji
And Naruto, don't forget Naruto.
>Gary stu
He does have some traits, but he is not completely overpowered without reason nor completely inmune to damage.
>with actual evidence
No man, you are just voicing your opinions, completely valid, but your opinions anyway.

retarded normalfags who discovered anime through attack on titan back when thy flooded the internet

Have you read a book? Metabullying is a thing, and if done great it's awesome.
I've read some, usually related to storytelling and character writing.

>We were talking about characters being dragged on by the story even when don't want to, Reiner happens to be one. Still, not a sign of bad characterization.
a while ago I said he's not a bad character, he is one dimensional and boring, a thing prevalent in Isayama's writing

>You need to recheck your definition of what "one dimensional" really means. I can say Kamina is just a "hotblooded guy" and that doesn't make him one dimensional, does it?
thing is that we see Kamina acting and doing mutiple things, he's a very active character

>And Naruto, don't forget Naruto.
thing is naruto, betrays itself, it starts as an underdog with a compelling backdrop, personal goal that is justified by his situation to becoming some messianic figure with dbz powers

>He does have some traits, but he is not completely overpowered without reason nor completely inmune to damage.
he is op for no reason, his acrobatics are beyond human boundaries, he moves like a cartoon, and this ability to surpass human limits is because of training?

>No man, you are just voicing your opinions, completely valid, but your opinions anyway
Nope, all of my statements are based on my whole experience reading the thing, I'm doing an objective analisys to snk.

>I'm not the one justifying a hack's writing and defending it
Isayama is a good writer, he is miles ahead of the average mangaka, that doesn't mean he is infalible or that his biggest mistake is that his story relies too much on COINCIDENCE.
If you actually complained about the absolute overuse of coincidence in the story I would agree with you, but characters? Man, he is great at those.
>Then tell me
So that's your whole beef? You just don't understand how PATHS work? Or how could the whole exchange with Grisha be possible? Ok, I'll explain.
>they have paths to see their ancestors mistakes and premonition to know whats going to happen
False.
First, the only ones who can directly access PATHS are shifters to some extent and more directly the inheritor of the founder.
Shifters can only see memories of their past holders and that includes the Reisses founders, only the Attack can see memories of future holders, thus have some kind of "premonition", if you want to call it that, of the one they are gonna pass the Attack to.
>the story is broken because this logical useful things are not in use for the story to occur
False again.
This useful thing can only happen if the one who has the Attack also has another shifter power within him, and it never has happened before until Eren.
So when Eren, who has two titan powers, -one being the coordinate, the other being the Attack- comes in contact with royal blood, activates the coordinate and memories of both the future and the past collide in that single moment, the moment Sieg brought him to Grisha's memories.
There's no other instance this could've happened.

>Isayama is a good writer, he is miles ahead of the average mangaka, (...) relies too much on COINCIDENCE.
A good writer, ahead of average of mangaka, ladies and gentleman, falling for amateur mistakes nonetheless

>If you actually complained about the absolute overuse of coincidence in the story I would agree with you, but characters? Man, he is great at those.
all of the characters are one dimensional cardboard cut outs, you really have no standard if you think Isayama know how to write characters, but well snk is plebs and a pleb defending it is commonplace, at the end you will remember more the things that happened to them rather than the characters themselves

>First, the only ones who can directly access PATHS are shifters to some extent and more directly the inheritor of the founder.
like one of the royals you mean? maybe the one that was devoured by Grisha?

>Shifters can only see memories of their past holders and that includes the Reisses founders, only the Attack can see memories of future holders, thus have some kind of "premonition", if you want to call it that, of the one they are gonna pass the Attack to.
why does the attack titan recieves this power arbitrariely?

>This useful thing can only happen if the one who has the Attack also has another shifter power within him, and it never has happened before until Eren. So when Eren, who has two titan powers, -one being the coordinate, the other being the Attack- comes in contact with royal blood, activates the coordinate and memories of both the future and the past collide in that single moment, the moment Sieg brought him to Grisha's memories.
why is this contrived method even a thing? it's convoluted and makes no sense, but sure, one little mistake that we can all ignore since Isayama can still entertain with 1d characters and edge (a thing he uses in this series a lot and is a sign of an inmature writer)

>There's no other instance this could've happened.
Because it's a convoluted mess.

>he is one dimensional and boring
Him being boring is your personal preference, but, I repeat, he is not one dimensional.
>he's a very active character
You can have a one dimensional character being active as fuck, just look at Naruto.
>personal goal that is justified by his situation to becoming some messianic figure with dbz powers
Does he have any depth as a character? No, and he is still iconic as fuck, will forever be remembered, he is active and with a lot of catchphrases or whatever you think it makes a good character good.
>he is op for no reason, his acrobatics are beyond human boundaries
Well, he is an Ackerman and that has an in-universe explanation, same with Mikasa and Kenny.
>he moves like a cartoon
All of them do, 3DMG is kind of impossible in general
>this ability to surpass human limits is because of training?
The fuck, he is an Ackerman, a mini titan like Mikasa.
Seriously, did you read the story at all? I mean, I could understand if you said "Ackermans are overpowered" but to claim that he is strong because of "training" just shows you don't know the story at all/you don't know what are you talking about.
>my whole experience reading the thing
So, opinions.
>I'm doing an objective analisys to snk.
Based on your opinions.
And based on your posts I conclude, objectively, that you haven't really read the story or really understood it, that's why you don't like it and think it's shit.
Ok.

>Him being boring is your personal preference, but, I repeat, he is not one dimensional.
then tell me, what he likes to do when not fighting?, does he likes black comedy? one trick pony is the name

>Does he have any depth as a character? No, and he is still iconic as fuck, will forever be remembered, he is active and with a lot of catchphrases or whatever you think it makes a good character good.
As before, the long run killed his character and was replaced by somehting not worth remembering or interesting, unless you are a 16 yo who thinks shonen is good writing.

>Well, he is an Ackerman and that has an in-universe explanation, same with Mikasa and Kenny.
aparently shonen prowess wiht manlets and women is a sign of good writing, pardon me

>All of them do, 3DMG is kind of impossible in general
a less believable world, which any writer can do, making a world belivable is more difficult

>The fuck, he is an Ackerman, a mini titan like Mikasa. (...)you don't know what are you talking about.
somehow justifying impossible things with shonen powers is good writing, I guess

>Based on your opinions. And based on your posts I conclude, objectively, that you haven't really read the story or really understood it, that's why you don't like it and think it's shit.
but I've read the whole thing and understood the thing, snk is a shonen for edgelords, who think convoluted plots and a false gray moral is good writing, none of the characters have depth, Eren starts as an angry boy wanting to kill his enemies to be free and he keeps being that, mikasa has no character, she is the flatest, levi is a gary stu and the rest of the cast are just as one dimensional as the main cast
you want an edgy character that did bad things and wants to atone but it's not a one dimensional archetype? even in Digimon you find that, watch tamers

>A good writer, ahead of average of mangaka
Yes, you don't read a lot of non-popular manga, do you?
>all of the characters are one dimensional
I don't think you know what "one dimensional" really means.
>like one of the royals you mean? maybe the one that was devoured by Grisha?
Yes, Frieda can see past memories, but not future ones and she can access PATHS but the Vow doesn't really let her do anything.
>why does the attack titan recieves this power arbitrariely?
The ability to see forememories? Because he is the one that moves forward (Shingeki)
It's actually kind of natural that he can receive "premonitions" instead of things of the past.
>it's convoluted
Yes
>and makes no sense
It does make sense, that you don't understand it's your own problem.
>inmature writer
Boy, this is manga -also his first- not high literature. I can forgive misshaps in these stories and not be a cunt about them as long as the story is good. And it is.

>Yes, you don't read a lot of non-popular manga, do you?
I do, they are bad and he's not beyond some of them rather the opposite

>I don't think you know what "one dimensional" really means.
is one character that has only the bare minimum of characteristics necessary to play their role in the story

>Yes, Frieda can see past memories, but not future ones and she can access PATHS but the Vow doesn't really let her do anything.
Why, she is part of the royal family

>The ability to see forememories? Because he is the one that moves forward (Shingeki) It's actually kind of natural that he can receive "premonitions" instead of things of the past.
this makes no sense, why would a minor titan in the chain have this power? beacuse of balance? is this a videogame?

>It does make sense, that you don't understand it's your own problem.
I understand, but Im baffled because of how shit it is

>Boy, this is manga -also his first- not high literature. I can forgive misshaps in these stories and not be a cunt about them as long as the story is good. And it is.
manga can be well written an artsy and I agree that one can forgive some mistakes as long as the narrative is solid, but snk it's not, maybe you should read more manga or literature, the read snk, i bet your perspective will change, also this is going to be the only work of Isayama we'll see, he got lucky, but we'll never see his name again, I bet you

about the 1d, i forgot to add, that they are usually defined by only one characteristic, e.g. they are wacky, they are good, etc

>what he likes to do when not fighting?
Stay with loved ones
>does he likes black comedy?
Funny, he actually does
>by somehting not worth remembering or interesting
And he still will be remembered as a classic.
I'm not saying Naruto is good but, BY YOUR DEFINITION, he is the greatest character ever.
Also when he is not fighting he eats ramen and he doesn't like black comedy, he's a pesky goody two shoes.
>aparently shonen prowess wiht manlets and women is a sign of good writing, pardon me
>a less believable world, which any writer can do, making a world belivable is more difficult
>somehow justifying impossible things with shonen powers is good writing, I guess
Man, you cannot say this things and then tell me you like TTGL because somehow it's not full with shonen prowess with manlets and women
>(kid simon, viral and yoko
a less believable world
>gurrens and transforming DNA because willpower
And justifying impossible things with shonen powers
>DO THE IMPOSSIBLE SEE THE INVISIBLE RAWRAW SPIRALPOWER
Dude just stop, admit you just don't like time travel because it's too difficult for you to understand and be done with it.

>Stay with loved ones
great depth

>Funny, he actually does
he makes jokes? or is it noticeable? since you brought him up, at this point al've already forgotten everything about him, beacuse he's not interesting

>And he still will be remembered as a classic. I'm not saying Naruto is good but, BY YOUR DEFINITION, he is the greatest character ever.
Also when he is not fighting he eats ramen and he doesn't like black comedy, he's a pesky goody two shoes.
except I've already stated why he is a bad character, and worst you are twisting my definiton to only be memorable, when I said, being memorable is part of being good, weird that you are cherrypicking you can see it here>Man, you cannot say this things and then tell me you like TTGL because somehow it's not full with shonen prowess with manlets and women
thing is ttgl wants to be an homage to super robots anime, snk pretends to be a deep and mature story and fails at it.

>Dude just stop, admit you just don't like time travel because it's too difficult for you to understand and be done with it.
I like time travel, it's a very interesting concept to use, like in Twelve monkeys, Back to the future, even Stains gate (which is the shittiest of the bunch I mentioned)

your only problem is that you have no taste, literally no standards, but if you get one you might notice how broken a story is or how a good character is done

>I do
Then you are not reading enough.
>is one character that has only the bare minimum of characteristics necessary to play their role in the story/one characteristic
No,
>It refers to a character who lacks depth and who never seems to learn or grow. When a character is one-dimensional, he or she does not demonstrate a sense of learning in the course of a story. Authors may use such a character to highlight a certain trait, and usually, it is an undesirable one.
Reiner did learn that his initial actions were bad, that all he fought for was wrong.
A one dimensional character is the false King, or the nobles who refused to let people into Sina.
You have no idea of what a one dimensional character is.
>Why, she is part of the royal family
I've said it. The Vow.
>why would a minor titan in the chain have this power?
Maybe because it's not a minor titan? We really don't know. May get answered next month.
>I understand
No you really don't
>but snk it's not, maybe you should read more manga or literature
Maybe I should say the same to you.
>the only work of Isayama we'll see, he got lucky
Wouldn't be the first author, wouldn't be the last. I'm not worried about that.

Nice opinion, I'll make sure to treasure it in my heart.

It makes me glad

>great depth
Your questions are not very deep.
>al've already forgotten everything about him
And all about the story too, it seems.
>you are cherrypicking
Well you said memorable, capable of withstanding time, catchphrases and iconic, I've just said Naruto was all that too.
>snk pretends to be a deep and mature story
I don't think it does. It's just a gritty shonen and Isayama plays it so.
>Twelve monkeys
Then I don't understand what you find so hard to grasp about paths, that's literaly it.

>Then you are not reading enough.
Maybe

>No, Reiner did learn that his initial actions were bad, that all he fought for was wrong. A one dimensional character is the false King, or the nobles who refused to let people into Sina. You have no idea of what a one dimensional character is.
Or you just cited google instead of an actual source

>I've said it. The Vow.
More excuses for the story to happen

>Maybe because it's not a minor titan? We really don't know. May get answered next month.
It is a minor titan, a power o foresee events should be something royal, but it's the attack one that gets it for plo reasons

>No you really don't
But I do, kid

>Maybe I should say the same to you.
It's not necessary, I read books constantly and manga is just weekends

>Wouldn't be the first author, wouldn't be the last. I'm not worried about that.
a good author shouldn't have a problem with that

Nice.

>Your questions are not very deep.
But they give layers to a character, which makes them deep

>And all about the story too, it seems.
I wouldn't have trouble if this thing were mildly interesting for people over the age of 12

>Well you said memorable, capable of withstanding time, catchphrases and iconic, I've just said Naruto was all that too.
But you forget to mention that it's not the only thing that makes them good

>I don't think it does. It's just a gritty shonen and Isayama plays it so.
You should watch the interviews he hashas and how snk is promoted

>Then I don't understand what you find so hard to grasp about paths, that's literaly it.
My grievance is that it works the way the plot demands it, it doesn't operate in a logical way.

>Or you just cited google instead of an actual source
Are you stupid.
Any literary page gives you these definitions.
>More excuses for the story to happen
Everything that happens in a story is an excuse for the story to happen, you can be a cunt like this with every story.
>If Simon didn't find the drill
>If Griffith didn't find the behelit
>If Bilbo didn't have the ring
>If the royals didn't have the Vow
Also the Vow has been there for a long time in the story.
>a power o foresee events should be something royal
The vow limits royals and also the Attack plot point may be answered next month, until then I'll refrain to overanalyze it.
>But I do
Not really.
>I read books constantly
Oh my.
Recommend me something.
>a good author shouldn't have a problem with that
I'm still not worried about it.

/pol/ is literally the highest IQ place on the internet at this point.

Attached: IygBHwx.jpg (890x876, 107K)

>Are you stupid. Any literary page gives you these definitions.
That's why I cited a book

>Everything that happens in a story is an excuse for the story to happen, you can be a cunt like this with every story.
Yes, those are plot devices, but they have to feel natural, like diging a treasure or someone dying, but when everything works against a certain thing to happen is too much, it's convoluted

>Not really.
You can nay say me all you want

>Recommend me something.
Unironically asoiaf saga, edgy enough to keep you in, with a lot of victimization, and one character that doesn't work at all despite being a major part of the story

>I'm still not worried about it.
And that's a good thing

Neo Nazis

Attached: 67C06E56-E29E-4505-8F21-776DF242E0FF.jpg (1484x1067, 668K)

The final arc going on in the manga is legitimately the best final arc I've ever read, at least compared to the rest of the series.

>which makes them deep
No, deepness is not about what their favourite colour is but their inner thoughts and inner conflicts, how they change from upbeat to depressed or viceversa and their journey through it. That's deepness, not some idiotic catchphrase.
>I wouldn't have trouble if this thing were mildly interesting for people over the age of 12
Okay mister thirty something, why are you still reading it to chapter 121 then? I mean, I drop mangas when they bore me, even more if they are too simple.
>But you forget to mention
That's all you've said, if you do have more please enlighten me.
>You should watch the interviews he hashas and how snk is promoted
Meh, never cared too much. Only the databooks.
>it works the way the plot demands it, it doesn't operate in a logical way.
It's logical, contrived, but logical.
I find the Reiner and Armin's survival more guilty of being asspulls than paths, to be honest.

>Yes, those are plot devices,
The vow is a plot device, yes, one that has been there for a long time. And initially it was to restrain the royals to defend themselves through an attack, so it's logical it restrains them in more ways than that.
>You can nay say me all you want
Yes, because you still don't understand it.
>asoiaf saga
Is this a joke?

>No, deepness is not about what their favourite colour is but their inner thoughts and inner conflicts, how they change from upbeat to depressed or viceversa and their journey through it. That's deepness, not some idiotic catchphrase.
You mostly got it, the only thing lacking is that these development has to come from the character decissions and introspection, they don't need to be told that they re wrong or change because of an event of the plot, they are active and knowing more about the character like his preferences and goals add to it's personality, this is actual development

>Okay mister thirty something, why are you still reading it to chapter 121 then? I mean, I drop mangas when they bore me, even more if they are too simple.
Because i want to see the trainwreck of a finale this thing will have

>That's all you've said, if you do have more please enlighten me.
A character needs to be proactive, unique, important to the plot, consistent, have dimension and depth beyond one character trait, which sadly is not the case with snk, the archetypes are already established, and they are not executed in any interesting way thus failing

>Meh, never cared too much. Only the databooks.
Well, excelent for you i guess, but that doesn't change that snk is pretentious

>It's logical, contrived, but logical. I find the Reiner and Armin's survival more guilty of being asspulls than paths, to be honest.
Look the story without the bs powers and broken abilities, and arbitrary boundaries would've never happened, this can all be adressed not introducing time travel in a story that doesn't need it

>The vow is a plot device, yes, one that has been there for a long time. And initially it was to restrain the royals to defend themselves through an attack, so it's logical it restrains them in more ways than that.
The vow has no reason to exist, they have womd in their side.

>Yes, because you still don't understand it.
I don't why is hard to admitt a shitty shonen is shitty

>Is this a joke?
Read it, so you can criticize, that's one of the reasons i read snk

>these development has to come from the character decissions and introspection,
So like Reiner
>they don't need to be told that they re wrong or change because of an event of the plot
Everyone needs a catalyst for their inner change to begin, there's no character that changes because they feel like it, something has to happen, like it did with Reiner.
> they are active and knowing more about the character like his preferences and goals add to it's personality, this is actual development
So, like Reiner.
Glad we agree.
>Because i want to see the trainwreck of a finale this thing will have
When a story bores me I drop it, I don't linger. So it does interest you, don't act so high and smarter that thou, you cunt.
>A character needs to be proactive, unique, important to the plot, consistent, have dimension and depth beyond one character trait
So like Reiner
>the archetypes are already established, and they are not executed in any interesting way thus failing
What archetypes
>snk is pretentious
The only pretentious one I see is you, and miserably failing at it. I mean, asoiaf? C'mon.
>not introducing time travel in a story that doesn't need it
It was always there, at least a concept of it.
>The vow has no reason to exist, they have womd in their side.
Wtf
Really, wtf
>why is hard to admitt a shitty shonen is shitty
Because, while it's not a magnum opus, it's not shit at all. It has its troubles, like many pieces of fiction, but overall it's quite nice.

holy shit. these spergs are STILL going at it

Shut up.
I'm practising my eigo.

>So like Reiner
most of reiner supossed development cones from other people telling him what to do and being reactionary to the events of the plot, He hasn't changed from the guy with a strong sense of duty, he is still that. You can use your mental gymnastics to all you want to convince yourself he is something more than a 1d archetype but fact is fact.

>So, like Reiner. Glad we agree.
Thing is, that reiner has none of this, kid. Nothing is developed, is touched upon and never brought up again.

>When a story bores me I drop it, I don't linger. So it does interest you, don't act so high and smarter that thou, you cunt.
Great, but you should read something till the end, that is how one acquires taste, and gets references to make criticism

>like Reiner
If reiner is such a developed figure why isn't he the mc?

>What archetypes
Generic shonen mc, cowardly sidecharacter, comic relief, strong sense of duty guy, cold girl, etc
These are shonen archetypes, and in snk they stay like that, never developed or made interesting, the only thing that makes snk to stand out is the premise

im sorry, its just funny to see the volume of shit yall were flinging at each other

>The only pretentious one I see is you, and miserably failing at it. I mean, asoiaf? C'mon.
Now ad hominems, geez. Also, if you havent read the thing how can you critize it?
>It was always there, at least a concept of it.
It wasn't, all events are so vague you can literally fill it everything, it requires no effort, it's cheap and safe

>Wtf, Really, wtf
It doesn't have a reason to exist, is an arbitrary rule to not use powers

>Because, while it's not a magnum opus, it's not shit at all. It has its troubles, like many pieces of fiction, but overall it's quite nice.
You only call it nice, because you have mo standards.

At one point i was expecting it to become a dubs war, but only singles

Im blessed

Attached: 1563452299469.png (345x351, 293K)

Don’t forget loneliness

I've been told AoT was inspired by Muvluv, in what ways are they similar?

>You can use your mental gymnastics to all you want to convince yourself he is something more than a 1d archetype but fact is fact.
>Nothing is developed, is touched upon and never brought up again.
Don't lie.
You don't really read many books.
>you should read something till the end, that is how one acquires taste, and gets references to make criticism
I did that with naruto and bleach, waited till they ended, then binged them.
For sure I wasn't in the threads complaining.
>why isn't he the mc?
If you think only the protag has the right to be developed I would advise to read more books.
>Generic shonen mc, cowardly sidecharacter, comic relief, strong sense of duty guy, cold girl, etc
I would agree if we were still pre-Clash arc, after it? Definetly not.
>Now ad hominems
You ARE kind of a cunt.
>It doesn't have a reason to exist, is an arbitrary rule to not use powers
It's getting tiresome to explain to you plot points that are already explained in the story.
>You only call it nice
As I said, it's not a masterpiece, but it's entertaining as fuck.

Fugg :DDD

>>>Future memories get teased in chapter 1
where?

>See you later Eren
>To you, 2000 years from now

holy fuck i completely forgot

Attached: 1544259289022.png (510x274, 134K)

>Don't lie. You don't really read many books.
No need to lie this is Yea Forums, you only have my word

>I did that with naruto and bleach, waited till they ended, then binged them. For sure I wasn't in the threads complaining.
I complain mostly because I can and i want to propagate discussion, this is the first time in a while i've been so invested here

>If you think only the protag has the right to be developed I would advise to read more books.
The mc is the focus of the story, he should be developed, side characters can have it and even surpass the mc like kamina

>I would agree if we were still pre-Clash arc, after it? Definetly not.
They only got sadder, what a twist.

>You ARE kind of a cunt.
It's always a pleasure

>It's getting tiresome to explain to you plot points that are already explained in the story.
Not because something is stated as logical by in universe explanation should be considered as logical, we have the ability to question

>As I said, it's not a masterpiece, but it's entertaining as fuck.
Fun is no measurement of quality

>I complain mostly because I can and i want to propagate discussion
You wouldn't have caught me dead in a naruto thread wanting to propagate anything. I wasn't invested in the story, I definetly wasn't invested in the discussion. Read it because of nostalgia, same with Bleach.
>They only got sadder
Well, they were in the middle of treason/wanting to go home/persecuted for their crimes.
Clash was great.
>It's always a pleasure
Then it will be my pleasure to call you as such.
>Not because something is stated as logical by in universe explanation should be considered as logical, we have the ability to question
Retard.
Do you understand why the King made the Vow at all?
>Fun is no measurement of quality
Fun things are fun.

>You wouldn't have caught me dead in a naruto thread wanting to propagate anything. I wasn't invested in the story, I definetly wasn't invested in the discussion. Read it because of nostalgia, same with Bleach.
Ok, you are clearly invested in this thing, that's why you defending it nonstop, great

>Well, they were in the middle of treason/wanting to go home/persecuted for their crimes. Clash was great.
I somehow agree with this, finally something interesting was happening

>Then it will be my pleasure to call you as such.
I am honored

>Do you understand why the King made the Vow at all?
Cuz he didn't want war but peace, hidding like a bitch

>Fun things are fun.
Fun things are not necesarily good

Manga has been superior to the anime since s3 part 1 came out

Did this Dumbass really just say a character needs to wake up one day and suddenly change?

>you are clearly invested in this thing, that's why you defending it nonstop
Yeah, I'm free today, also helps my english too. It's a win-win for me.
>hidding like a bitch
No. He actually made it so the war wasn't brought up again from a royal and bring destruction again to the world.
The rumbling was an empty threat that was never going to be fired.
When BRA attacked, Frieda wasn't going to do anything but let everyone die.
That's what the Vow is for.
>Fun things are not necesarily good
But are indeed fun.

He sure did.