I Love Lain

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Serial Experiments Lain. The philosophy is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of quantum physics most of the scenes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Lain's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation- her hacker skills draws heavily from being a immortal computer god, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of this show, to realise that Lain not just Love- But Lain is LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Serial Experiments Lain truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the fear in Lain's existential catchphrase "AREESU," which itself is a cryptic reference to Lewis Caroll's classic "Alice in Wonderland". I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Lain's God-like Smug unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Serial Experiements Lain tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for Cyberia's eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.

Attached: God-like smug.jpg (259x194, 4K)

hilarious and original

I also love Lain, it isn't that deep its nothing some simple applied Kant won't help you understand. Fantastic art direction, soundtrack and atmosphere are what make this anime good though.

This but unironically

lol bro you don't seem to understand... you need to have at least 130 iq and a bachelors in computer science and philosophy to understand serial experiments lain ...

Why do you watch anime?

I like it

What if you have an art degree?

Attached: Art.png (801x801, 51K)

Lain was aimed at a 14-15 year-old audience.

Attached: lain-mag2-sm.jpg (1000x1386, 500K)

I’m about to start watching it. Never seen it before. I saw a few stills and it reminds me of anime from the past. Those mysterious and beautifully drawn 90s anime

I appreciate this infographic, I didn't know any of the background behind this media.
The real beauty is in the atmosphere portrayed in the sound and color. It's very much like Yume Nikki.

Fuk the pic got me

>tfw spent my entire life on the internet and practically dont exist
I love Lain!

Attached: lain.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

woah... shes just like me.......

How do I stop existing bros?

You are gay

how do i get a lain GF?

>disliking SEL, even ironically
please grow a brain or buy one if you can't

Attached: hs.png (611x716, 383K)

>ugh this cheap garbage seasonal show that got a following for being weird and quirky is beyond criticism, because old
What is being a sheep like?

you're hating a show for being popular when every aspect of it is great and aged better than many other classics
who's the sheep here, contrarian-kun?

Kiss already

Well, I don't "hate" the show, it's probably a 6/10. The problem is more how massively overrated it is by tryhard children, like yourself. Actually the real actual problem is this pathetic mindset of insisting that a show is beyond criticism because of this "classic status", even though it's completely undeserved in this case. If you watched this without the OH MY GOD THIS IS DEEP THIS IS IMPORTANT context you would have a completely different opinion of it.

I've watched it 5 years before Yea Forums even came into existence, why do you assume everyone here is a zoomer like yourself?
that attitude is why you can't enjoy good things
do you think watching anime is a competition or something?

--AND YOU DON'T TO UNDERSTAAAAAAND

anischeral

I don't love Lain.

Alright then, meet back here same time next week?

>tfw I probably already exist more on the internet than in the real world

It’s good beyond the “prophecy”. Lain is one of the most complex and interesting characters an anime could have, the visuals and sounds are very meticulously crafted and the build up to the conclusion is great in terms of pacing. The anime is also very philosophical and informative while also extremely entertaining and engaging. Besides the historical importance, guess what? It’s a great psychological existentialist thriller!

>tfw when you dont because anything you do and say on an anonymous imageboard is ultimately meaningless and forgotten

Nothing is ever forgotten. Everything is recorded.

>demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own
so i have to bash my head with a rock first

Lain is for the kind of midwits that brag about reading books even tho they only read entry-level philosophy and genre fiction.

Attached: Serial Experiments Lain - Layer 13 Ego.avi_snapshot_11.20_[2019.08.24_02.03.02].png (400x320, 50K)

It's all recorded but it's forgotten in the sense that there isn't any weight to your words and actions so nothing is worth remembering.

name five shows you enjoy

one piece
hunter x hunter
my hero academia
naruto
demon slayer

>watches shonenshit
>hates SEL
yep, seems about right

Samefag shill

that's not what shilling means
you aren't very smart, are you?