GUNDAM SEED SEQUEL MOVIE CONFIRMED BY TM REVOLUTION DURING EVENT

oricon.co.jp/news/2143871/full/

Attached: 1242591026412.jpg (593x708, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-08-05/bandai-spirits-opens-new-gunpla-factory-in-2020-due-to-anticipated-increased-demand/.149720
youtube.com/watch?v=kMQCTLp2qoM
youtube.com/watch?v=OE7PY-jXRYk
youtube.com/watch?v=WWk-Kffbiyk
youtube.com/watch?v=iSGCKUU044A
youtube.com/watch?v=Q1IT9wjcszs
youtube.com/watch?v=0mAIgtDq4cw
youtube.com/watch?v=WeCEjloQ-qE
youtube.com/watch?v=KjAuFed9xfs
youtu.be/XmebZMr4Xb8
youtu.be/8gzadsYCB7c
gundam.info/news/event/news_event_20190906_10.html
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/2000119-anime-and-manga-gundam/68953065
youtube.com/watch?v=TjTd6laC14Y
youtube.com/watch?v=bh4RbJZ7-5U
youtube.com/watch?v=lom9s1TrOLI
youtu.be/m0AcvrfaQr0
youtube.com/watch?v=NRVcLBfS5Gc
youtube.com/watch?v=QWgzbB5yyQo
youtube.com/watch?v=JDBhUaSSJIE
youtube.com/watch?v=FIh4q9JTq3I
youtube.com/watch?v=obrLPXAv9DE
youtube.com/watch?v=uaWy5R8xXrk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>SEED relevant again
What year is it?

2022 is the 20 years anniversary

The Gundam franchise is going through a rough time and Seed was a huge success. Sunrise expect that those teen girls that loved Kira back in the early 2000s will fill the theaters now for nostalgia sake and maybe bring their daughters

I feel old as fuck now

People who were born the day the Destiny finale aired are now old enough to be the target demographic of Gundam Seed.

What?
Why?

Only if they are female

>TM REVOLUTION
what the fuck, I thought Takanori had retired?

Still touring around

More like Gundam Sneed

Attached: 1552014789639.jpg (542x755, 164K)

cool, I like his songs

>The Gundam franchise is going through a rough time
Really? What happened now

Is the original Mobile Suit Gundam series really worth watching? Animation and direction don't really impress in the first episodes.

fuck
That's unreal

Yeah, it's a great story and watching it helps have a greater understanding of anime if you're into that kinda thing.

>GUNDAM SEED DESTINY
Oh shit, Double Destiny?!

They did the OP for the new Kamen Rider series.

This might get more traction on /m/

I remember watching this shit when i was 10 and thinking its the greatest shit ever.

I dont think anyone under 20 gives a shit about Gundam

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-08-05/bandai-spirits-opens-new-gunpla-factory-in-2020-due-to-anticipated-increased-demand/.149720

Nothing. It's doing better than ever actually and they're gearing up for the Hathaway's Flash movie series and a Hollywood film now and even building a new Gunpla factory in Japan due to increased demand with the upcoming anniversary. UC has seen a huge resurgence in popularity with recent movie projects and Build Fighters continues to bring in younger fans.

People just make shit up all the time on the internet and lie their faces off based on their own internal perception of how things are, but even Bandai executives have gone on record recently as saying this decade has been like a second boom for the franchise following the one in the 80's.

is this sunrise's new tactic? just make sequel movies of long dead franchises that are sure to make a profit. We're never gonna get something original out of sunrise again arent we

youtube.com/watch?v=kMQCTLp2qoM

Attached: TM Revolution.jpg (1034x1500, 255K)

Yes because the younger generation is too busy playing with idols and gacha games than bothering with gundams. They fucking tried to target a younger demographic by getting the youkai watch guy to do gundam age but that was a big flop.

So the only thing left is targeting the 30 somethings that grew up with SEED and hoping theyll maybe get their kids into it. You guys forget just how huge SEED was at its peak. Im almost surprised they didnt do more with it back then, but i think the directors wife got cancer and died.

What's his best song?

Attached: TM Revolution.jpg (1000x750, 94K)

Based Takanori. What I'd really like Takanori to reveal is that he's getting his garage band ABS back together to do the OP & ED for the new Darker than Black sequel.

seriously? the cover of dress he did with abs. strength was awesome too. infact all of the stuff he did with abs is great.

cover
youtube.com/watch?v=OE7PY-jXRYk

cover with buck-tick vocalist
youtube.com/watch?v=WWk-Kffbiyk

That's a really hard question, but if I had to pick just one, it'd be this one here

youtube.com/watch?v=iSGCKUU044A

there is nothing more I hate aout mecha than gundam sneed and feed

>20th anniversary
why wont god just kill me and end it already

Attached: 1566179712273.jpg (770x766, 117K)

fuck off crossboarder scum

This

With Morosawa dead that means Cagalli’s character is saved??!

I don't even remember what happened with her. I remember the rumors that one of the directors self inserted as Lacus, they spent all the budget on T.M.Revolution (good cause) and Suzumura Kenichi (Shinn's VA) got threatened by Kira fans.

Morosawa was SEED director’s wife wo basically made Kira and Lacus her self insert couple.

She tried to ruin Cagalli’s character as well as her relationship with Athrun. Also hated Shinn cause just he had beef with Cagalli and Shinn’s seiyuu.

Also broke up every Natural/Coordinator romance in Destiny that was set up in SEED.

I hope he shows up as a movie villain.

Wasn’t /m/ created because of SEED?

I saw him live 2 years ago, it was a blast and this manlet can fucking sing. He probably had a lot of fun because everyone has very hyper and that's different from the usual nip audience.

Best song is FLAGS and Pearl in the Shell

seed fags are cross ange fags
that should be all you need to know.

didnt realize that abingdon boys school frontman was from TM Revolution

Seedfags don't even watch anime anymore. Most of them are probably in their late 20s or 30s by now.

Watch them bring the other musician (pic related) as the movie villain instead.

Attached: EC8rjo4XoAAtXt0.jpg (1154x1732, 205K)

Hopefully we get to see Kira finally banging the shit out of lacus. Kira having sex was pretty iconic back then, so him having sex again is perfect nostalgia moment.

Hate SEED all you want, but it's the only reason Gundam didn't completely disappear after the disasters that followed Wing.

P.S. SEED is better than the original Gundam in every possible way.

>Amuro is a whiny asshole for basically no reason other than being obstinate. He endangers everyone's life by going AOL while stealing the fucking Gundam because he can't handle getting slapped for being a little cunt.
>Kira genuinely hates fighting because he is a pacifist at heart, but quickly recognizes his responsibilities and then does everything he can to end the war quickly.
>Char is a two-bit chump that nobody except cannon fodder trusts. Everybody sees through him.
>Rau actually succeeds in being a crafty villain, getting Patrick Zala appointed head of ZAFT, and then tricks both sides of the war into using WMDs against each other.
>Char is sad because "gravity weights down ur soulz...hur duurr"
>Rau is sad because he is the literal embodiment of human avarice and hubris

Attached: 1321080473153.jpg (537x698, 61K)

It cgshit watching ibo instead

Honestly, SEED was really good up until the last like quarter when Lacus and the Eternal show up. Then it’s kinda downhill from there.

He wants you to suffer.

>inb4 another fucking compilation

I'll believe it when I see it.

TM Revolution is a person, not a band.

Best soundtrack of all the Gundams.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q1IT9wjcszs

Attached: 1308270349323.jpg (640x1878, 641K)

>just make sequel movies of long dead franchises that are sure to make a profit.

Yes but it's either movies, series or maybe both for long deal franchises. Mai Hime and S-Cry-ed are good choices as revival IP projects down the road. City Hunter movie was pretty successful than Code Geass movies.

SEED openings are mostly shit.

inb4
>Kira in seed mode
>with strike freedom equipped with:
>Zero System
>Psycho Frame
>TransAM
>Funnels
>NTD
>God Mode
>Power of Friendship™

They already ran out of material to compile

>Mai Hime is now rumored to make a comeback

Please make it happen Sunrise.

SASUGA
A
S
U
G
A

KIRA JESUS YAMATO-SAMA

I still don't even know when Kira and Lacus started banging.

Kira's a complete fuccboi though. Banged two of his friend's fiancees (including his best friend's). Would not invite him over to hang.

He never touched Lacus. He only gave the D to Fllay.

>Jesus Yamato confirmed for another decade of Newtype top poll
Kill me.

they still haven't even kissed though

KAKUMEI WOOOOOO LEEEEET'S SHOOOOOOOUT!

Attached: 1558969241535.gif (300x300, 622K)

Heart of the Sword and Invoke

youtube.com/watch?v=0mAIgtDq4cw

They don't even kissed
Only hugging was shown on the screen

>UC has seen a huge resurgence in popularity with recent movie projects
Char's movies was great, hope they make some more for the other antagonists for the other gundam series.

Is Fukuda back? I'm not ready for more Fukuda madness. I'm never ready for Fukuda madmess.

Attached: THE RIDE NEVER ENDS.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

>GUNDUM SNEED

They banged offscreen somewhere. I'm sure Lacus has fucked her share of guys

They can kiss during sex.

Attached: file.png (900x900, 1.7M)

He definitely fucked Athrun at least once during Destiny.

How did Gundam Seed go from Kira & Flay's shocking sex scene to Kira & Lacus' Christian handholding till marriage

Oh I know where you were then. Because I was there too for that specific reason to see them, AND the others albeit at the last second.. But fuck, I wish I could remember all the songs they played.

Attached: 私 comfortable.png (1095x719, 314K)

>He never touched Lacus
They fucking live together in a shack during days off.

From how many impossible situations will Kira get off in the movie?

.............eh

There will be at least 3 songs in the movie all by TM Revolution, See-Saw/FunctionJunction and Tamaki Nami.

I don't remember seeing this in sunrise's timeline of future projects. Anyway, at least the music would be something to look forward to.

01 was a lot more fun than I was expected.

Attached: [THISFILEHASNOSUBS] Kamen Rider Zero-One - 02 [65F974A4].mkv_snapshot_20.17_[2019.09.08_11.11.15].jp (1920x1080, 368K)

Because this is literally TMR willing it into existence just to voice another oranges themed pilot who dies in 10mins.

Attached: Vulcan.jpg (934x526, 91K)

ignited > METEOR = INVOKE vestige > ZIPS

I still have to finish Zi-O. I didn't fucking know there was a TM Revo OP though, fuck yes. FUCK YES thank you for telling me.

Attached: 1554825734673.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

TMR is his solo gig and what he’s famous for.

Attached: 1536568212943.png (500x500, 129K)

story is more like an entertaining military anthology series

youtube.com/watch?v=WeCEjloQ-qE

Attached: Gundam_mirialia.jpg (713x539, 88K)

How did she get Dearka'd?

I was feeling it with Origin and NT but now I'm 100% at the point where I'm pretty sure Sunrise is out of new ideas for Gundam

Attached: Sunrise.jpg (1536x2048, 1.03M)

>This means there will be another fucking bullshit Freedom

No. No I don't want this

Also, this is one of those rare series getting a new entry over a decade after the fact where I can actually say it didn't age well at all. I mean, SEED's animation quality was questionable for years even back then but these days, it's like jesus christ, compared to Gundams since SEED, it's like a joke

Attached: Zgmf-x20a.Strike.Freedom.Gundam.full.2515061.jpg (724x1023, 873K)

youtube.com/watch?v=KjAuFed9xfs

Still the best OP honestly, I only liked maybe 2 or 3 of the SEED/Destiny OPs even though I memorized them all

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 165K)

>its been 16 years
The reason 13 year old me got into anime was because randomly i downloaded gundam sneed episodes 21-28 with french subtitles from eMule. It was the best shit ever eventhough i didnt understand anything that was happening because I dont know either french or japanese.

There are shitloads of better gundam series than Seed, but for being the first anime for me that janky shit holds special place in my heart.

Attached: 1560706308600.jpg (739x960, 600K)

Attached: Zero-One Sword Finish.webm (640x360, 2.98M)

The CE timeline's story was never brought to a definite conclusion. Code Geass was. Disregarding any quality issues otherwise about the timeline, it's fitting that it's finally continued.

UTAGE

Why can't SEED just disappear already? It's quite literally the worst gundam.

because it's literally the best selling gundam of all time

Not sure if its just me, but ill be fine with a remake of the original seed. Improving these particular aspect.
> better character designs, not asking for a drastic change. Just a little.
> better animation
> better explanation on how kira survives the explosion

That's Unicorn.

>> better explanation on how kira survives the explosion

>Lord and Savior performing miracles
How is this a problem?

You're clearly ignorant then if you think unicorn sold better than seed

Asianfags, and SEAfags riseup! We're the only ones who likes this shit

there's already a HD Remaster that did all of that except how kira survived the Aegis explosion tho. Destiny HD Remaster however did show Kira turning off Freedom's nuclear reactor by pressing a button when he got stabbed.

Wait.
I thought Fukuda got bullied by Tomino to the point that Fukuda doesn't want to work for Sunrise ever again?

Attached: 1078Hanamaru.png (97x111, 14K)

HD Remasters only improved QUALITY cuts, it didnt actually improve animation except for a few scene. I want them to do it for everything

>GUNDAM SEED SEQUEL MOVIE
Not a con't of Destiny? Is this going to be Code Geass alter timeline tier?
Sorry, no buy unless it is a prequel for a new BUILD Series where Kira and Lacus' kid got isekaied into the GBF world 100 years after Iori Sei.

Such obvious bait doesn't deserve (You)s

Well with this announcement the following is all I can say.

NICOL WAS FIFTEEN

HE LOVED TO PLAY THE PIANO

Wasn't there supposed to be Gundam Seed Eternity but it got axed after that chick died?

It's probably too late at this point for a Destiny sequel since the Seed fans have long moved on and the Gundam hardcore all seem to hate Seed.

Kek, i remember reading this shit. It's probably some fan fiction.

>The CE timeline's story was never brought to a definite conclusion
It did tho. The war was done and everyone signed peace treaties again and KIRA AND LACUS CAN FINALLY BE OPEN ABOUT THEIR RELATIONSHIP AND GET MARRIED, YAY!

he did Taiwanese puppets last fall though

Attached: 1541999953328.webm (854x480, 1.21M)

City Hunter is mainstream as fuck, so I wouldn't compare it to anything else you've mentioned. Not even Gundam SEED.

Now that we finally have a civilised seed thread, can we talk about how bullshit that final battle in destiny was? Holy fuck, that was anticlimatic as hell. Not once, have i not seen an enemy force get so overpowered by the heroes.

Today, I shall remind them...

Attached: Seed A Star.jpg (849x1200, 372K)

I find that questionable. Code Geass still left some unanswered questions while every major issue in SEED was already out of the picture by the end.

Glorious OP. Did the cute redhead operator end up winning the athrunbowl? I still remember her striptease scene, good god.

Kira Jesus Yamato can't lose because of nakama, saikyou koordinaitah and Lacus.

"T.M. Revolution" was retired, not Takanori was planning on retiring. He just wanted to start releasing stuff under his real name.

What the fuck could it possibly be about?
Destiny pretty much affirmed God Emperor Kira and his Empress will rule over the Naturals and Coordinators.
What the fuck is left to do?
Pull a 00 and have Kira hyperascend into a new plane of dimensional existence? Rule over the multiverse as its lord and savior?
Do they really believe this will fix the franchise fatigue?

Fucking hell, just put out an official hentai and be done with it.

Attached: xenogears1.jpg (320x224, 20K)

>Sora Kake Shojo
I miss that series.
youtu.be/XmebZMr4Xb8

Seed Final Battle
> Freedom is left only with a body, a right arm and a left leg
> Justice got nuked
> Aile Strike, Duel, and Buster all had their phase shift downed
> Strike got barbecued
> Astray trio died
Destiny Final Battle
> Freedom, Justice & Hyaku Shiki all left the same way they entered the battlefield, unscratch.

>Why can't SEED just disappear already
SEED did disappear. It's probably the only Gundam where it felt like they actively didn't want to bother with it after Destiny outside of Kira wanking.

>Did the cute redhead operator end up winning the athrunbowl?
No she got with Shinn.

Dunno man, Ioved how Athrun wrecked Shin without a sweat.

>> Freedom, Justice & Hyaku Shiki all left the same way they entered the battlefield, unscratch.

This was literally the last shot of the original broadcast. I couldn't stop laughing.

Attached: Mobile-Suit-Gundam.jpg (1024x599, 328K)

Strike Freedom is too OP:
>funnels
>reflective shields
>METEOR attachments

He's talking about her sister, which i'm still not sure whether cagali lost.

Easily the easiest final battle in the gundam franchise, and probably anime.

Maybe "definite conclusion" was the wrong way to put it. Narratively, Code Geass ended at the perfect point with Lelouch's death. To continue on from that point would mean negating his sacrifice. At the end of Destiny, there was still a potential for a continuation of the story without having to upset any narrative finality. Another war could break out again, Kira could use plothax to save the day, etc.

Code Geass ruined its iconic ending with its season 3 bullshit,

Meanwhile, Gundam Seed Destiny ending was terrible anyways so if they want a cheap cash grab, they might as well keep going. They can have Kira blowing shit up for 100 minutes and engage in an extended handholding session with Lacus at the end and it will sell well.

It's always nice to see Athrun actually winning a fight though, he loses 90% of the time whenever he fights a named character

Original Seed final battle was too hard to surpass, Providence was much better final boss plus all the Kira salt after losing Flay.

Attached: 1557847599171.jpg (464x369, 155K)

Attached: 1355485400644.jpg (320x398, 62K)

Attached: 1549114523253.jpg (640x830, 511K)

i'm glad things are going well, now that im just getting into the gundam series.

Attached: 1564224287725.jpg (1172x968, 662K)

The fuck. What an autistic woman.

Its been such a long time. Was the bad guy in Destiny bad? Didn't he just want everyone to be assigned a role in life or something and not born with defects?

Attached: NICOL WAS 15.webm (720x480, 2.81M)

That would only work if everyone accepted being assigned. It may have been a popular suggestion at the time, but people would start rebelling against genetic communism eventually.

I was really hoping that hack bitch was dead...

So this means more Lunamaria right?

>eventually
Nah. They would accept it and take it. People who would rebel would go against the system bringing peace.

Attached: NICOL WAS 15 HD.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

Why does the new one look so awkward during the slash

Who's old enough to remember FLAWLESS VICTORY from the broadcast version?

Because they changed it to look like an accident to preserve Kira's sainthood.

Athrun is the protag of Destiny, not Shinn or Kira.
Nobody in Seed is such a great pilot that they can make up for a massive suit disadvantage, Kira couldn't do shit in the Strike Rouge in Destiny, and Athrun couldn't take on the Extended in his Zaku.

Attached: Consider the OHOHOHO.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

Just brand change so he could do other stuff

>and maybe bring their daughters
No. I do not want my daughter to go though that phase that I did,

Destiny > Seed

Athrun's problem is that he wasn't proactive enough. That said, it's funny how he reflected the nature of Destiny with its constantly fluctuating direction.

Jesus Yamato you're right

This shit never ceases to get a kek out of me.

Attached: 1562297073731.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

This change was so fucking stupid. It changed "I panicked and attacked the person attacking me in self defense but he was retarded so he died" into "I deliberately moved the sword on my shoulder to my side so that the person attacking me would run into it, AND HE DID I'M SORRY ASSRAN"

Oh yea enough with that unicorn crap, its time for the REAL gundam jesus to style on some niggas

Mai Hime, Geass and S-Cry-ed are pretty mainstream as well. Especially Mai Hime wasvery unique and creative back then. I think Hime will get a new project announced this year or later.

Ya, that's what he wanted. Kira and gang objected that it didn't allow for human freedom. Also, Durandal had arranged more then a few deaths in service of his plans. So even if you agreed with Durandal's plan, he's not necessarily the guy you want running it, though he is undoubtedly well meaning.

Attached: 1377495084779.jpg (1243x708, 150K)

... I maintain that the Remaster is Kira's account of the whole thing.

I'd argue that the Remaster would be hilarious if Kira narrated it.

Attached: 1390663882653.png (970x1038, 576K)

but seriously, I asked /m/. What would even be the conflict this time?

Librarian? A bunch of chuuni's who can't even do cloning right.

Mars? They're pretty much Durandal 2.0

Another Flaga Clone? There have been 4 of them.

Kira will get all the special stuff and every Gundam will fuse with the Strike Freedom. It will end with our Lord and Savior Kira Jesus Yamato bringing peace to every Gundam universe at every moment in time.

Crisis on Infinite Kiras

SEED was a 0079 clone
Destiny was a Zeta clone
The sequel movie will be a Chars Counterattack clone

Attached: 1451827954580.jpg (1700x2338, 1.13M)

Well since Morosawa's dead, it might actually be good.

Yeah, but Athrun literally has no chance. Char only got Sazabi because he controlled Neo Zeon. Athrun literally has to do this on Orb Soldier Salary, while Kira can literally point a GENESIS at him.

How was Gundam origins I still haven't watched it yet

This is the real answer. To Kill Kira, you need Kira.

>Alternate SEED Kira vs Kira from Destiny

God I wish Fukuda would die. The fucking bitch ruined Cagalli.

it wasn't Fukuda, it was Morosawa who ruined Cagalli. Because the hag thought Fukuda was having an affair with Shindou Naomi. Suzumura defended Naomi, so Shinn got the shaft. Ishida Akira and Rie Tanaka also asked for professionalism.

Honestly, Kira and Lacus' relationship comes across just as arranged as the one originally planned between Athrun and Lacus. They can sit together in a room and not disagree with each other to the point that they want to kill each other (which is a massive accomplishment in CE), but nothing beyond that.

It happens when your actual loved one got taken away in front of you. Kira still likely hasn't recovered. It took Lacus' life being in danger to actually move him forward.

best concept for the movie. Imagine an Alternate Kira who continued using the Strike with pack upgrade after pack upgrade vs the mainline Kira. His suit would be a real life version of the Build Strike Full Package.

Huh? Pretty sure I.B.O is pretty popular when it aired and revived people interest into Gundam. Even my non gundam friends watched that. Them releasing their new series out on youtube and for free is quite a smart move by them. I don't get why other studio haven't follow suit. It's not like they gained any money from airing it on japanese TV. I swear, Japan's anime studios needs to band together and make they're own streaming/buying platform ala Steam. But for anime. Steam have proven that an accessible platform is way better than letting your product getting pirated.

Heart of Sword, easily.

SNEED

I don't have the screencap, but now there's a new version.
SEED DESTINY IS 15. IT LOVED TO AIR EPISODES.

I have no issue with Shinn losing, I'm just annoyed it was such a one-sided and uninteresting fight. And especially annoyed that it happened only so they could have Kira fight Rey, to reuse Providence stock footage from SEED.

Destiny's final battle is literally a NG+ version of Seed's final battle.
>Kira/Athrun/Mwu are all higher level and have better MS
>Kira and Mwu specifically have upgrades that cancel their weaknesses from SEED's finale

I can name everything on this pic
Fuck you Sunrise

Change alternate to clone then you got yourself a movie. It is very likely that Kira has an actually clone. Imagine clone Kira who is willing to kill people vs Jesus Kira, that is a fight I want to see. Having clone Kira wrecked shin like Athrun did in destiny would be cool too then there is the “rematch” against Athrun. All of those potential fights and throw in sex scene of Kira/lacus and Athrun/cagalli and you will get a pack theaters.

This
youtu.be/8gzadsYCB7c

Attached: aoa-give-me-the-love-japan-versionregular-edition.jpg (500x494, 126K)

they even used the OP animation in the Legend vs Freedom battle.

IDK, SEED/Destiny would've been appreciated better if they gave a fuck about battle choreography.

>another Sunrise original mecha train wreck
Sincerely excited for this.

Second Valvrave opening with Nana Mizuki.

Who the fuck summoned flayfag

plot twist the clone is actually the real one who was supposed to be dead after the Strike exploded. He and Flay, who was alive the whole time (the Kira clone we see in SEED's ending was hallucinating) kill people in the shadows

>Heathaway Flash movie series
>Gundam Build Divers S2
>SEED movie
>G no Reconguista movie release
>new 00 series in the works

What a dead franchise

Attached: 1391309228001.jpg (960x720, 74K)

>SEED topic
>not expecting me to be here.
WTF is wrong with you?

>but i think the directors wife got cancer and died.
The director's wife that was also the main writer

Attached: 1417386057295.jpg (1216x842, 441K)

should just make another new season

Better plot twist would be flat is alive and Kira end up with both lacus and her making him being the first gundam mc to have sex and the only mc so far to have a official harem(a thressome scene would cement Kira in the hall of Jesus chadanime). Iron blood mc could had been the first to have a real harem but they fuck it up.

You forgot about Gundam Wing Frozen Teardrop project. Also outside of Gundam there are bringing back old franchises as stand alone movies and new series for next year.

gundam.info/news/event/news_event_20190906_10.html
Talk show at AFFT 2019 with Mitsuo Fukuda and Rie Tanaka

For all are the faults of the CE series, MS design and music were not among them. Disregard weird federation stuff in Destiny and MP ZAFT units that is though.

It's accelerating. I'd not be surprised if they decided to go with an OVA to wrap up CE. I mean. Origin just wrapped up its OVA run, which leaves something to be done in Unicorn's style.

>TFW Crossrays will have the new suits as DLC.

Does this take place after Destiny?

>no Kazuma or Ryuho from s-CRY-ed

Fuckers. It was one of their best shows.

He's there with Mai from Mai Hime. Speaking of that show, New Mai Hime series when?

20006 is still 19 millennia away

Thanks, spotted him. But now I'm pissed off about Spike's placement all the way at the edge next to Kazuma. He deserves better than that.

>Gundam Wing Frozen Teardrop
As a Gundam Wing fan I tried to forget this ever existed. Tried to follow the spoilers in early volumes but it was nonsensical.

it's surprisingly tame, after what happened in NT.

Hisayuki should start harassing Sunrise for Gear Second : Flame Talk and new Mai-Hime

We can only hope. I want the tomboy princess back in the full glory.

Morosawa thought that Fukuda was having an affair with Naomi.

>Morosawa thought that Fukuda was having an affair with Naomi.

Naomi Shidoh is too much of a lesbian to get close to Fukuda. Why would anyone get in a relationship with that guy.

Fukuda is a bro at Sunrise, also he removed most of that shit out of the HD Remaster
It was his wife that was a cunt

>Fukuda is a bro at Sunrise
I know.

Attached: nicol.jpg (1172x968, 662K)

>Hisayuki should start harassing Sunrise for Gear Second

Hisayuki best work is Mai Hime, he should harass them on pushing a new Mai-series.

Now that's beautiful.

After Destiny, who is even strong enough to oppose Lacus? She got three godly level pilots (Kira, Shin, Athrun) all with stupidly OP'd mobile suit that can take out entire battalions on their own.

>Lacus is the new villain

Plot discovered.

damn, am i only one old enough too see some toddler trying to fiddling an old nokia grown into a twitter whale.

Sunrise will never allow it.

An excuse for Rie Tanaka to use her Suigintou voice is enough for this to happen.

Besides, without Morosawa to self-insert, everyone is fair game, especially Lacus. For any conflict to happen, she needs to die.

Lacus dying would Trigger Kira into permanent berserk mode. that alone makes for price of admission.

>gundam seed sequel movie
>almost 20 years later
fuck you sunrise, they're doing this because the code geass sequel movie was successful

the original gundam has a good story/theme
Zeta is ok
ZZ is absolute dogshit

??? So If I got back and watch the HD remaster it will have different plot points?

Actually no.

The SEED movie thing has been around since Destiny ended with fans rumoring about it and Sunrise hinting it occasionally. This here is the first time someone actually says "Yeah we are doing it"

I don't say this often, but I'm glad she died of cancer if all that shit she did was true.

I just read the Destiny remaster has a sex scene?
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/2000119-anime-and-manga-gundam/68953065

if so what scene?

>Jesus Kira Yamato is returning
well, as long as Sunrise keeps giving me good Gundam I guess this shit can slide

Attached: 5f45222616aa8cfe0b3278384a9d3d99.png (640x560, 449K)

youtube.com/watch?v=TjTd6laC14Y

You will get Chinese Embryo or Chinese Angelise instead and you will like it

Does this mean Kira can be in the Newtype poll again?

Attached: what the fuck is this shit.jpg (500x200, 16K)

SEED ending was great because it was bittersweet and ended how a brutal war should end. DESTINY ruined all that via retcons and revivals of popular characters that were supposedly dead and fan wank pandering based on Newtype polls.

>Rie Tanaka will be back

Oh shit

Is there anyone who can beat Kira Yamato? And I am now talking about Kira Yamato in seed mode. I am not talking about Kira with Strike Freedom either. I am talking about Jesus Yamato in seed mode with Strike Freedom equipped with Zero System, Psycho Frame, TransAM, Funnels, NTD, God Mode and Power of Friendship™.

>Kira having sex was pretty iconic back then
I want to think that it was iconic, but the more I read about Fukuda, the more I realize that he straight-up had zero idea what he was directing.

I hope they declare Destiny non-canonical. Because it was the worst anime I've ever seen.

Attached: wwq.jpg (1920x1080, 198K)

I hope you didn’t read about him on /m/

>What the fuck is left to do?
Mwu's biological father (the Natural guy who was born with Coordinator genes and the original of Rau and Ray) is still alive somewhere.

But Lacus is good girl.

>the easiest final battle in the gundam franchise
Orphans is the contender.
>Orga gets killed with a pistol, doesn't even live to the final battle
>McGillis first jobs in a super special mech, then jobs out of it
>orphans don't even fight and just run away
>the only casualty among the good guys is a literal retard who was a dead weight anyway
>Mika is decapitaded by the second-most retarded character

>dog only feed on shame
Legendary.

Attached: fun things die if they eat dog food.jpg (1179x721, 106K)

Kira or Kazuki?

Attached: 1567943693932.jpg (313x202, 30K)

The last episodes of Destiny had a bit of CCA anyway. Compare:

1. Durandal using Requiem = Char using Axis

2. Kira and Durandal's argument when the former had a pistol pointed at the latter = Amuro and Char's argument in Axis.

3. Rey calling Gladys "Mother" as Requiem blows up = Char claiming Lalah was a mother to him.

>Naomi Shidoh is too much of a lesbian

Shindoh's a lesbian?

And that's a problem why?

>Confirmed
Nowhere in the article does it say so

Attached: 1561105114085.jpg (421x363, 20K)

youtube.com/watch?v=bh4RbJZ7-5U

ARE YOU READY GUYS?

>he is undoubtedly well meaning
See Lacus' speech when they retake Orb. Durandal sells his voters the idea that they should not be responsible for anything bad that happens and that the guilt for various wars solely lies with small isolated communities of businessmen and politicians like Logos. Which is a fucking vile idea to sell.

Is she still busy voicing a nep?

Attached: Rie nep.jpg (598x826, 166K)

cough* SEED *cough*, not Destiny.

what good gundam?

It happens in the compilation movie to T.M. Revolution singing Zips.

the scene doesn't have music in the Remaster though.

>"T.M. Revolution" was retired, not Takanori was planning on retiring. He just wanted to start releasing stuff under his real name.
"The artist formerly known as T.M. Revolution".

Kira was still pretty fucking "HOLIER THAN THOU" at the end of SEED, and no way are they making him anyless but flawless in this movie.
Um, gee um, I liked Thunderbolts

Doesn't anyone have screencaps of the /m/ thread where anons were rewriting "I was in Kira's room last night" with various mecha characters?

I want to marry Rie but i guess thats impossible now

Even Tribe Cool Crew, Heybot and Battle Spirits?
My nigga.

My god seed destiny is absolute hot garbage

That's from the antagonist POV though. Even then, they still struggle in parts of the fight. Seed Destiny had no obstacle whatsoever.

And is still sold like 50k copies per volume, while your fafourite anime will be lucky if it gets 2k..

after watching Crross Ange, I believe Fukuda can make fun glorious schlock

>special editions and remaster had Dearka and Hilda (DOM female pilot) get damaged.

AND IT'S STILL ONE-SIDED.

Justice literally just kicked Destiny once and it fell down to the moon.
Minerva gets decapitated by Justice's pack.
Requiem gets sliced by Meteor in seconds.
Legend literally didn't do anything, it just explodes.

>Her husband fucks her hearing Nep and Lacus voice
Based husband!

Athrun kicking the soul out of Shinn is still unintentionally the funniest scene from the seriesm

Rie already divorced tho, or is she already remarry again?

Kazuki is the better character of course, but Kira is more entertaining.

She got divorced.

Best girl is back. Hell yeah!

Attached: .jpg (1274x2433, 448K)

The hell is this?

Attached: 1566752754470.gif (320x218, 1.55M)

That's nice and all but will it have more microwaved women?

There hasn't been a real Neptunia game in years so no.
Unless IF is working on a PS4/PS5 bridge gapping game they're probably waiting out Sony's new censorship model.

a can of worms user. a can of worms.

SEED sold more DVDs but Unicorn moves gunpla like crazy, don't underestimate the autism of zeekfags

that's because they're recolors of recolors, or variants of the unicorn.

Had Bandai known that strategy worked during SEED's era: we would've had the Strike have backpacks and recolors galore. (they actually tried with Impulse, but Shinn was hated enough, that they literally had to rewrite Kira as the MC)

Just imagine if the Strike Freedom was multi-role like the Strike was.

Anyone have that picture comparison of Original Airing/Compilation Movie/HD Remaster of the Athrun/Cagalli kiss good bye? That shit was ridiculous.

I mean, SEED is fun, glorious schlock. Destiny has one too many retarded decisions going on, but if nothing else, it's not boring.

>This thread is still worth protecting!

>Kira couldn't do shit in the Strike Rouge in Destiny
He did pretty well with the Rouge though.

That'd be THE LAND IS CLOAKED IN DEEPEST BLUE but I'm really digging ZERO ONE ZERO ONE ZERO ONE ZERO ONE ZERO ONE ZERO ONE ZERO ONE ZERO ONE too.

>Cagalli gets her own personal unit that symbolizes Orb itself
>it becomes Mwu's unit who isn't even blood related to her
What the fuck

>throwing a perfectly fine support unit to the enemy and throwing an anti ship sword is passable.

He's very rusty at this point.

thats retarded since half the gundam seed suits are basically ripped off UC suits and model sales still did poorly

not really. They had horrible engineering. If you compare the HG Strike to the HGCE Strike, you'd see my point.

Also to counterpoint, Kira's suits are usually on top of favorite gunpla. (the Freedom 2.0, Strike Ver. RM exist) and are staples. A color-changing Strike would actually sell real well.

Heck the whole Mission-specific Strike Freedom is revisited in Build Fighters.

I like the Freedom gundam, so I'm happy.

im down if i get more strike variants to be honest

Tomino is triggered by this.
He stated again that he want Gundam to be dead as milking franchise, only to be used as a name for newcomers make a name for themselves.

Brazilian zoomer here, and I really like Gundam, specially the Tomino shows.
I think that SEED sucks, though. Fukuda is a hack and he should be doing those shitty j-dramas he loves so much instead of mecha anime.

this reminds me I never finished watching seed. somehow I dropped it twice on the same episode. the first time I was watching on cartoon network and the schedule changed or something and the second time sage stopped subbing the remaster I think. it was the episode where athrun and cagalli are stuck on an island.

Attached: 5cdfbc3980c10de7485b6d6ff405f301.gif (636x360, 2.86M)

No more shooting just the limbs off mecha please. There's a reason why that shit never appeared again (except in Age but nobody watched that anyway)

>it was the episode where athrun and cagalli are stuck on an island.
That episode is iconic for better or for worse.

I mean he isn't wrong. Wars are started by businessmen and politicians for their selfish interests and the people suffer for it. They are blameless and should hold no guilt.

I hope the live action movie fails big time to see Bandai executives lose their minds and their jobs completely.

Tomino will be happy over this outcome. Gundam should have been dead after Gundam 00.

More like a slut who clings so hard on Kira's dick but he doesn't see her the same way.

Theres a reason why code geass had a similar episode

No I can finally taste all the delicious Cagalli fans' tears when it shows Athrun and Meryin's children!

Attached: 9f2b473d0631b4ed87d2f664910b4b5d.jpg (1153x1163, 1.35M)

Now I can finally taste all the delicious Cagalli fans' tears when it shows Athrun and Meyrin's children!

Attached: 9f2b473d0631b4ed87d2f664910b4b5d.jpg (1153x1163, 1.35M)

Did the original ver. had that much fanservice that i remembered? This shit was a saturday morning cartoon aired on a kids channel back in my country. I dont think it was censored, cause i definitely remembered the captain's boobs in the op.

There's a big part of the seed fanbase that is still confuse about athrun relationship status. I still dont know whether we got ntr'd or not

Goddamn it
I miss Flay ;_;

Attached: IMG_20180226_014125.jpg (800x590, 85K)

If Coordinators were so great then why they barely past 3rd generation to expand their kin?

Best news ever. SEED is best Gundam.

that said, isnt fukuda`s wife dead? Will they be able to make as amazing script without her?

The funny thing is that almost half of SEED is copied from 0079.

>The Gundam franchise is going through a rough time
t. source: your ass

Formerly Gundam Chuck

IBO did piss-poor in Japan outside of model kit/gunpla sales and its reception with regular/casual fans and hardcore Gundam ones was pretty bad. The season 2/series ending with how Nagai and Okada did it also didn't sit well at all with Sunrise/Bandai and the show ending what, 2+ years ago and still not getting shit aside from some video game continuation doesn't really bode to the claim that it was "pretty popular". Only place in the West I know that perpetuated this myth was ANN, who also heaped praise on trash like A/Z.

the scene with meer's titties is from the destiny movie I think. the hd remaster of seed added fanservice for fllay and made it more explicit that she fucked kira though.

What's there to be confused about? Athrun asks Cagalii to marry him and puts a ring on her finger. Cagalli is forced to nearly NTR him. Disagreements between the two and the realization that her duty as PM of Orb and Athrun's Duty as a solder force their relationship apart. Cagalli takes off Athrun's ring to signify the end of their relationship and she asks Meyrin to take care of him. At the end of the series Meyrin and Athrun walk away together.

Pretty sure there's a flashback where he's killed.

reminder that Athrun is undefeated in SEED mode

She literally didn't do anything wrong. She deserved happiness yet she was killed only because authors wanted to clean all barriers between Kira and Lacus.

Overall, IBO and G-Reco are worse.

Designs and art style alone make G-Reco better than SEED, and most other Gundam this century.

Attached: [OZC]Gundam Reconguista in G E22 'Reunions in the Earth Sphere' [1080p].mkv_snapshot_19.41 (1920x1080, 313K)

Soul Resonance.

No, that is Zeta and Victory.

>Designs
Literally shit compared to our god Hirai.

And even then Kira still refuses to fuck Lacus. I don't know what Fukuda wants to do with Kira anymore.

Attached: IMG_20180226_013742.jpg (800x627, 65K)

Design wise, G-reco is pretty tame.
Turn A is where character design actually peaked.

They fucked offscreen

We know, Kira.

Even offscreen they are still sleeping in different bedrooms, user.

>There's going to be a wave of people who grew up with Seed/Destiny unironically calling it the best Gudnam now

Goddamn it the only solace we had was that SEED was over and Sunrise never wanted to touch it again, fuck

I think you meant to say was that SNEED

>Hate SEED all you want, but it's the only reason Gundam didn't completely disappear after the disasters that followed Wing.
Gundam would have still existed without SEED's creation. All SEED did was bring an entirely new set of retards into the franchise who apaprently only watched SEED and didn't care about anything else at least based on Gunpla sales.

>All this bullshit

Go shitpost on someone else's time.

Eureka Seven designs are shit, so no.

I grew up with seed as my first gundam. You could probably find a lot of people in SEA & Asia that has seed as their #1

That shit is unrelated to this. The SEED movie was quietly cancelled years ago this is just something for a potential 20 anniversary celebration similar to how Narrative was made for Unicorn's 10th anniversary as a pilot for a potential sequel.

But that's right though.

Poor taste.

Attached: [OZC]Overman King Gainer E02 'Pay Me Back' [720p].mkv_snapshot_14.14.142.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

Go be stupid somewhere else.

Better than the retards who grew up watching WING on TOONAMI and thinking it was the best. Fucking yaoi Gundam series.

>Gundam Seed movie announced
>Soon Mai Hime new project will be announced
>LoveLive 10th anniversary project and
>More Code Geass
>S-cry-ed/Banner of the Stars new projects announced.

I'm thinking Sunrise is back.

Wing was the best definite Gundam series bar none.

the only "bars" in that series were the ones going up Quatre's ass.

Trowa calm your dick down please.

>Mai-Hime

Just give up already.

>Just give up already.

No.

easily ZIPS
youtube.com/watch?v=lom9s1TrOLI

Is this Lacus or Meer?

Meer

It's been like fucking 15 years so I don't exactly remember, but I'm having a hard time believing nothing happened between Kira and Lacus. Unless Kira is that traumatized by Flay or Lacus doesn't fuck till marriage or some shit.

I think it's okay because the movie is strictly speaking totally separate from the Geass TV series.

The SEED stuff will all be in the same universe, I bet.

But can we at least that SEED's final arc is genuinely top-tier? That whole shit with GENESIS was fucking intense.

In Canada too. SEED flopped in America, but was hugely popular in Canada, more so than Wing from what I remember.

>lelouch made a come back
>now Jesus Yamato
>remakes and remasters of PS2 games
the 2020s are going to be 2000s nostalgia abuse as fuck. god damn it they will grab me by the balls

Also, Gundam Setsuna is going to return too.

Fuck, now I'm going to have to finish Destiny.

Now I'll have to watch Destiny and its character assassinations

*improvements.

Destiny final battle was just a single sided steamroller against a kid's electric car
final plus made things worse wih all that fucking crying

I remembered this scene one week ago while doing laundry and laughed for the next 20 minutes.
god bless the seed and seed destiny memes
I'm still mad that blitz was just a fucking jobber unity tho. god damn it

forgot about Mai-Hime comeback too user.

>tfw nothing will be as wild of a ride as VVV for some more time
When are we getting another VVV or Cross Ange tier show?

Whenever their writer does another SUNRISE ORIGINAL.

>Cross Ange was fall 2014 until spring 2015
Has it really been that long since we last had another fun Sunrise original? Jesus.

>we get a new SEED
>but with the cross ange team behind it
can you fucking imagine the ride?

We will get through this together, my brother.

>2022 is 20th anniversary
Don't fucking remind me, even though I'm 18.

Attached: 1567256450590.jpg (1080x1080, 799K)

WIll the entire movie be about Kira beating up everyone?

I can't get past episode 15 of destiny. I can rewatch Seed just fine but Destiny is a fucking mess. I already got spoiled to hell and back tho via games and discussions to the point I get mad about its story as if I watched the full show while it was airing. even SRW shits on Destiny non stop

Oh, I'm an UC purist, but I recently decided to watch all of AU Shows so that I would have more context. I have already seen Turn A and IBO. I'm currently 14 eps into seed and 9 eps into everything else. So far:
>X
Second best out of the bunch. Love the Trigun-esque setting, MS designs and some of the side characters (Jamil, Frost bros, other gundam pilots and etc.). So far a bit slow but nice.
>G
Hate/love this one. It is an insult to Gundam as a whole (with it being super robot and stupid as fuck). Should not have been called Gundam at all. On its own it's kinda stupid but fun, hot blooded, super robot action. And I enjoy that.
>Wing
Peak ridiculousness. This show is unintentionally hilarious, with how melodramatic and edgy everyone is. I enjoy it alot for how comedic and stupid it tends to be.
>00
Basically less over the top version of CG. Still kinda stupid, but ever since everyone started calling celestial being out on their bs, it has evened out. Still the best out of the bunch, with good MS design and better pretty boys than Wing.
>AGE
Looks and feels like a kids show, but actually has some good moments in it. The MS design is nice (especially UE). The characters are annoying though. Will keep watching to see the three generations plot play out.
>Seed.
Mixed bag. I hate It for being a remake of 0079, it looking butt ass ugly, the main teen characters being incredibly annoying (especially Flay), the mecha design being shit and the melodrama/romance. I like it for how seriously it takes war, how it strictly it portrays the military, how grey the sides are, the ost (especially ed 1) and some adult characters are nice.
So far: 00 > X > Wing > Seed > Age > G.
And so far AU is as mediocre as I expected it to be.

Code geass is just an AU Gundam show, with the serial numbers filed off. You can literally call it Gundam: Code Geass and change Lancelot to Gundam Lancelot, and change nothing else, to make it a gundam show.

As far as I can remember, Kira basically turned into a walking corpse in Destiny so Athrun had to carry the show by himself with his ex-fiance.

Athrun, just give him the same level gundam as Jesus Kira and he can win. Only berserker Kira or a Kira willing to kill can fight evenly with Athrun or even beat him. Jesus Kira has no chance.

Our lord Kira will save anime once again..
youtu.be/m0AcvrfaQr0

Why do people pretend he was the only good one? Sure he's not a gary stu like Kira or an annoying dog like Shinn, but Assran was such an indecisive bitch who ultimately went through the exact same character arc twice.

Attached: Athrun_Zala_Gundam_Seed_Destiny_Phase_05.jpg (640x480, 27K)

would be nice if it was setup as insipired by char's counterattack of sorts but have athrun win in the end. it's the only way i can see a seed movie not being total garbage. kira winning would just make it straight out garbage

though i'm not sure how they can realistically make a conflict with kira and athrun -- maybe have some fight break over, kira wants to play jesus again and intervene, athrun wants the fight to play out so people can sort it themselves

would be a good way for them to show how flawed kira and lacus ideology was too and sort of apologize for destiny. i doubt they have the balls to do something like this though. it will probably be just kira/lacus wankery in the end

i don't remember the specifics since it's been so long but he fought vs the gundams even in a grunt suit, wasn't a gary stu acting above everyone, had a nice harem and was a good mentor for shinn. considering his competition was shinn and kira, it's easy to see why people think he stands out. though i think the problems with shinn were mostly due fukuda and his wife's thing with kira/lacus

tl;dr - how can someone named ALEX DINO, undefeated in SEED mode not be cool, faggot

Are you watching all the episodes in rotation between the AU series?
>00 > X > Wing > Seed > Age > G
An interesting ranking, I'd like to see how your opinion changes after completing them.

00 > SEED > Wing > G

Didn't/won't watch Age. IBO was just fucking garbage.

Personally, its 00 > Original > SEED not Destiny and X, Age and G as honorary mentions. Ranking is done by interest and % watched.

Age has the unfortune to air in time when Bandai realised that modern kids no longer dream about space, or even care about it.
First season was okay it was for all family, kinda, second was kinda okay as Bandai tried to pander to young adults, as far as Commander Flit and ORE WA SUPAH PILOTTO went. Third season catered to kids with all the UNDERSTANDING so its was terrible and even Asuno going from super pilot to super pirate didn't fix things.

I liked Meyrin. I wish she hadn't turned into a background character immediately after she helped Athrun escape.

I don't even know how anyone over 18 can sit down and unironically enjoy Gundam AGE. I lasted maybe 5 episodes.

Yeah, I watch one episode every day (2 for seed, since it's 100 episodes total). And to be honest, I am enjoying them a bit more than I expected. Though I hear many off them are letdown in the end (Age, 00 second season, Seed Destiny), so early positive reactions might not be the best. Also, I judge them on two fronts. How well they work as Gundam shows, and how well they work as stand alone shows.

Hirai is great when he's doing any other series other than Gundam; just look at MJP and Fafner.

The spaceship captain is decent. Then Commander Flit takes over.

poop slut on the right

I cant agree with G being that low, Imagawa went off of Tomino's own advice when making that show, and the last part easily reaches to similar ideas 0079 had.

To be completely honest, Tomino ain't the best person to take advice from. On his best days, the man is a revolutionary genius, on his worse days, he is a happy pill popping, autist loony.

What? She didn't.

Oh yes, it is a vile idea. A incredibly common idea, but a vile one, and Seed is actually very unique in calling it out. My point is that Durandal seems to be motivated more by existential fear of war and a desire to end the cycle of wars, then a desire for power.

>Meyrin
I remember her elder sister lusting after Athrun's cock. What's her name again?

I can't find it. is it this? Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny: Special Edition?

I just want to know if we get to see Meer's tits or her having sex?

>ZZ is absolute dogshit
Bet you are a brainlet who dropped it in the first 5 episodes.

I'd be shocked if she had a double digit amount of lines for the entire rest of the show. She just stands around, saying almost nothing.

Of all things, why SEED? Why not IBO or 00?

I watched IBO and 00, but not SEED. Can SEED really be much worse than those?

>or 00?
00 Movie ends with Setsuna being a Chrome Ayy Lmao God. Unless you want to have a show of Setsuna talking to chrome aliums pre-timeskip.

So the secret to have a good thread on current Yea Forums is to discuss things newfags couldn't possibly care about?

00 is getting a sequel too

Yes.

That and things without tumblerina shit.

Can someone bluepill me on the IBO hate? I thought it was an alright show. I can see someone saying that this is not their kind of show. But I can't see why anyone would call this show shit. I don't see what could be shit about it. I think they are just contrarians, who say that something is shit to get attention. Do they have any claims that are actually critical and not just muh ships or I didn't like this character?

At most it's a middling show, but the hate increases due to how much casuals who have only ever seen it think it's the best Gundam.

Wait, so the Gundam fandom hates casuals who have seen one or two shows, and they also hate people who have seen all the shows and say that they are UC fans or AU fans. Basically there is no pleasing that fandom, and it should be ignored as a criticism against the show. Hating a show because of other people who watch it, well, that's just beyond brain dead retarded logic.

I think it gets elevated levels of hate because it's a meme to hate anything Okada had her hands in.
>bluepill me
Fucking kill yourself.

Oh fug, are we finally getting our space whale movie?

The strike rouge is pretty much an outdated model suit compared to the much newer released mobile suits like gouf and zaku at that time.

That was probably because Wing was never given a consistent timeslot and aired new episodes at random throughout the week and day. Seed was given a normal, predictable timeslot and took off because it was easier to follow.

Watch more anime then.

You get to see Meer's tits in the remaster. It's the scene where she wakes up alongside Athrun in bed.

Nips made a huge ass meme with orga so the otaku are happy with the shitshow 2nd half.
Merch sales are the most important thing anyways.

Thank you! I legit can't find any place to stream it. Not that I"m a streamfag but don't really feel like torrenting for a quick scene. I found torrents on nyaa but they have zero seeds.

My fucking nigga, this should have been the first and only reply to

>You guys forget just how huge SEED was at its peak. Im almost surprised they didnt do more with it back then
If the internet had been at the state it is today SEED would have exploded worldwide.

The problem with IBO is that it wasn't Gundam. You might even call it a deconstruction of the genre, with the emphasis on child soldiers at the horrors of war, and especially with the ending where the good guys don't really win and that blonde guy's brilliant idea turning out to be completely retarded, thus dooming his attempt to take over. But fans don't want a deconstruction of the genre, they want a classic space / military opera with cool shit.

IBO was a interesting direction to choose, but it wasn't good enough to justify what it tried to be.

Unicorn surpassed seed.
iirc it did something crazy like 100k units

And the best part is she won't get fucked over anymore because the people who hated her VA are gone.

What makes it even worse is the promo image they put out showing the destiny and freedom beating the shit out of each other, and using similar imagery in the OPs.
I was really disappointed when I reached the finale.

Attached: freedom vsdestiny.jpg (259x194, 19K)

>Set 20 years after the original series
>Follows a broken Kira who is still trying to be the "savior" of humanity at the cost of his own happiness, having basically drifted away from everyone else
>Giving the Hirai "old man bod" that you see in Fafner like Mizoguchi and Fumihiko
>Follows him trying to help a new generation of pilots during the current conflict as the amount of piloting he's done have dulled and damaged his reaction time to the point where even his OS' aren't enough to compensate

Would you watch it?

Attached: Reaction (41).jpg (1280x720, 54K)

>Gundam Wing Frozen Teardrop project
this is a fan rumor

I never really liked sequels where the premise is "that happy ending in the previous season turned out to be short-lived, and things are worse than ever with even more suffering".

Yeah, pretty much. It's funny because when I lived in Canada, Gundam always meant Gundam SEED to normal people and it wasn't until I moved to the US that I found that Gundam meant Gundam Wing here.

Ironically I like IBO for the exact reason you described here. We have seen a dozen classic space/military opera gundam shows. We have seen the genre being played straight. We have seen the good guys win time and time again, we have have seen manipulative villains with fool proof plans in every other show. This time it was refreshing and interesting to see a really grounded take on the tired and old formula. The basics of a gundam series are there. Earth vs colonies, kids being forced into a war, masked rivals, overpowered gundams. It's still a Gundam show at heart, just a bit more gritty and realistic. So in my eyes, it's a perfectly normal Gundam show. I love Turn A, but IBO is more of a Gundam show than Turn A (Or G Gundam). You can't say that fans only want the same. Im sure a lot of people were happy with the new tone and want to see something completely different and new the next time we get a full series. I do understand your point of view, and accept that it is the point of view of many who didn't like IBO. But still, I can't see why it's called shit. Even if it doesn't live up to Gundam standards, it's still a really fun and nice mecha series.

>that happy ending in the previous season turned out to be short-lived, and things are worse than ever with even more suffering
That's actually one of the reasons I hate Destiny.

Sunrise came up with a formula after SEED.
There are a lot of similarities in many of their post-SEED mecha shows.
for example the star-crossed lovers stuck on an island thing happens again in
Destiny
Code Geass
Valvrave
Buddy Complex
Cross Ange

And CG immediately followed up with the friends-turned-enemies plot thread Kira and Athrun had.

I always thought Cagalli and Athrun were still together and Meyrin was just tagging along.

>Even if it doesn't live up to Gundam standards, it's still a really fun and nice mecha series.
I will somewhat agree with you here, since although it wasn't to my taste, it certainly wasn't terrible. I know that the Gundam franchise can take advantage of creating different universes to experiment with different themes, but I just feel that these particular themes with this kind of execution wasn't the right way to keep all past fans invested.

I think I would have liked it a lot more if it had that kind of goofiness that you saw in the older shows. Stuff like the kids puling faces at Zeon soldiers boarding the White Base in 0079, or the whole "Loran is a girl" thing in Turn A. I didn't see much of that lightheartedness in Seed or 00 or IBO, although it returned in full force in Reconguista.

SEED Destiny was my first anime that I can remember sitting down and completing in its entirety
I still think it's shit though.
I can get nostalgia for it, but it doesn't make me see it as anything better than it is.

The last 2-3 episodes?
I think I can agree it was really tense, and had a lot of great drama.
But it falls really flat because all the 40+ episodes before it were mostly garbage.

I didn't mind the political situation going to shit, and Kira and Lacus were more or less "together", as were Athrun and Cagalli. I very much liked the first episode as well. In my view the unraveling happened a bit later.

they never go to space though

>GUNDAM SEED SEQUEL MOVIE CONFIRMED
Why Japan!? Haven't we suffered enough!?

Attached: 1563567117471.gif (360x213, 2.12M)

Will Kira "die" and then reappear as if nothing happened?

SEED should have been like the novel, a primary focus on Cagalli and mostly about her rather than Jesus Kira the dipshit.

Reminder Sunrise is planning a couple of huge announcements take place at Sunrise Fest in the last week of September.

Hes in.

Attached: Heeroew.jpg (372x597, 41K)

You forgot EXAM

The problem with IBO is that it has really interesting concepts and the weakest execution. Visually it's the worst of all the 2010 gundam series, but it does have surprisingly good sound design.
However the writing was so on the nose it comes close to 70s mecha anime levels of stupidity and cheesiness. Exposition dumps left and right, cardboard characters, and story arcs that are cliche and hamfisted plague the series.
The worst offender is S1, especially the arc with Akihiro's brother. It's a poor gundam anime at it's best and a mediocre anime at its worst.

>The problem with IBO is that it wasn't Gundam. You might even call it a deconstruction
>deconstruction
IBO isn't a deconstruction because it does 1 interesting thing in its entirety of 50 episodes.
> with the emphasis on child soldiers at the horrors of war,
> and especially with the ending where the good guys don't really win
>that blonde guy's brilliant idea turning out to be completely retarded
Gundam has literally done this at least 3 times.
The original Char was the same as Mcgills, he's just as, (if not more) broken and fails at everything, it's the fans that perceive him as some cool ace when he's the complete opposite.
you sound like you haven't watched Gundam outside of IBO

Attached: theshitpostingneverends.png (1022x731, 643K)

Don't forget She's in too

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Mai_Hime_01_(960x720_Blu-Ray_FLAC)_[7B38612F].mkv_snapshot_00.19_[2019.05.08_00.32.39].j (960x720, 77K)

jesus fucking christ

Attached: JUST time.png (720x405, 359K)

Heart of Sword = Howling > Zips > Ignited = Resonance > Vestige > Meteor > Invoke

Honestly it doesn't even matter. If you think he's good, that's all I need to know you have taste.

the scene is posted in the thread

Wings of Words was the best and most underrated OP.
I love all of destiny's OPs, they're all fantastic, but Wings of Words is on another level.
The fact that they switched up from high energy j-pop/rock to a smooth jazzy lovemaking song is incredible.
youtube.com/watch?v=NRVcLBfS5Gc

Japanese takes on jazz/r&b are always amazing.

Attached: 51SNZsMZHJL._SX342_.jpg (342x426, 36K)

Attached: 28578317731e8e6de5031fda88a7b49b1524518976_full.png (640x359, 119K)

If you actually watched Gundam you'd actually see why it's shit. It's all style but no substance: "Gundam Frames," the concept of child soldiers in human debris, even the politics are so shallow that they're thrown away the minute the focus of the plot switches to something else. They throw in brutality and "nitty gritty" action for shock value that would only surprise someone who's never touched a Gundam entry, let alone other war drama based shows.

Agreed. Wings of Words makes me depressed as fuck, it makes me feel like I've lost a once-in-a-lifetime love.

Best SEED bgm coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=QWgzbB5yyQo

Otome>Hime

Change my mind

Yes, it's absolutely great once you get past the first 15 or so episodes.

I have seen all of Gundam. I am a UC-purist and look down on the AU shows. IBO is the best AU show, if we count Turn A as a semi-UC show. IBO might not be great, but it sure as hell is better than the rest of the AU shit.

>IBO is the best AU show
>better than the rest of the AU shit
>better than G and 00
Redditfugees really are the worst

Attached: zetapunch.gif (500x369, 389K)

You're either lying or didn't understand what you watched and just did it to say you watched gundam.
Because I don't know how you call McGills a 'deconstruction' when Char is the exact same character except executed 100x better.

00 is the best AUverse. Also UC has shit too, like Unicorn.

Not him, but McGillis is a much clearer deconstruction because of the gap between what he was trying to achieve and the reality of his actions - to the point of being pretty much a comic character - while Char was a more credible ideologue (in the end).

IBO had an amazing setting and backstory completely wasted on a garbage plot that tried to be "different" while ending up the most cliched thing in ages. They could have stuck to a few cliches to ensure a satisfying ride and gone crazy within those parameters. It really feels like the series was supposed to be the start of a trilogy or something like that, it's absurd how little detail is given on the Calamity War and the Mobile Armors.

00 was the best until it shat the bed with the aliens.

I wont argue that, nor will I argue that bringing back Lockon in the form of a twin brother wasn't stupid, but it's still by far the best.

The rest of the AU (barring probably G) and even UC do some equally stupid shit at times. IBO is like an entire universe condensed in the simplest way possible, while ignoring half the stuff you want to see, while also trying to be its own thing which doesn't even feel very Gundam half the time because of the writer over it.

Fight me.

Attached: My Gundam ranking.png (936x950, 926K)

I didn't mind Eternal and Lacus. It's just that the production values were really low near the end for some reason.

I don't fight the handicapped.

>while ending up the most cliched thing in ages
Name all the cliches in IBO.
Char's final plan actually worked pretty well on it's own. His main problem was his obsession with Amuro, that made him sabotage his plan by giving Amuro the psycho frame. That and the newtype magic stopped his otherwise solid plan. Meanwhile McGillis:
>Kills his best friends who could have helped him, because of trust issues.
>Goes at it alone.
>Basic plan is: Get stronk gundam, everyone falls in line.
McGillis was a horribly traumatized manchild, with a delusional escapist plan and self sabotaging level of trust issues. Basically he was 10 times as broken as Char. Char was sidetracked by Amuro, McGillis was just delusional all the way. So McGillis is a deconstruction in a way. He is an anti-villain, in how much of a failure he is.

youtube.com/watch?v=JDBhUaSSJIE
Best Gundam ED ever.

I don't want to fight someone with bad taste, it'd be like getting a bj at a truck stop and then later finding out my dick has super aids. Not worth it.

I agree Otome is better than Hime.

Not even best Gundam Seed ED

youtube.com/watch?v=FIh4q9JTq3I

What amazing setting and backstory? Sparsely populated Mars? The only backstory was some cryptic one liner about how humanity was devastated by a 300 year war with AI mobile armors. That's literally all the detail there is to the setting and backstory.

You missed the entire point of 00 if you thought the ayys ruined it.

>Thunderbolt that high
>IBO that high
>Unicorn on the same level as 00
>Igloo that low
>Victory that low
>GBF on the bottom
I didn't think shit taste could take human form but here you are

Why were the aliens bad?

McGills is a flat and pointless character without his plot twist gimmick.
And no matter how many times you yell "DecOnSTrUTIon" that doesn't suddenly make his character or any other concept form the show have value because they were still poorly done.

>that doesn't suddenly make his character or any other concept form the show have value because they were still poorly done
I never said it was a good deconstruction. I mean it was kind of funny in a way when you finally realised that he really was just a delusional idiot, but it wasn't particularly satisfying. The ending to IBO is basically "the adults worked something out", which flies in the face of the grand-ambition-thwarted-by-heroism theme typical of Gundam.

Wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=obrLPXAv9DE
Best ED

Best OPs are Zeta, both of 00s, and IBOs.

>He is an anti-villain, in how much of a failure he is.
Isn't Jerrid a better example then?
A loose Char clone but like the biggest failure in Gundam

The people who hate IBO are the same ones who love Turn A, fucking hypocrite shits.

>he's not even in the same room as them for 99% of the video
i don't know why i found that so funny

There is no good taste in gundam. You guys can post your own gundam rankings lists, and your taste would also be called shit. Gundam is such a varied d franchise, that you could put 100 anons in a room, have them rank the show, and you would get 100 different rankings, with everyone calling the other guys rankings shit.

Fuck's sake
and it's not even a good Gundam series

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail Final Season - 285 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_21.27.714.jpg (962x1080, 575K)

>>Igloo that low
>>Victory that low
>>GBF on the bottom
How about you learn how to read, brainlet.

I wanted to choose 1, but there are at least 5 absolutely perfect gundam EDs
youtube.com/watch?v=uaWy5R8xXrk

The original is usually a good general starting point, but after that the only other series I see being generally acclaimed is Build Fighters S1.
And BF gets a pass because it exists in its own space outside of AUs and is a completely different kind of thing.

Most Gundam Villains are pretty flat.
>Ghiren is space Hitler.
>Ginias is a mad scientist.
>Gato is a boring military guy.
>Scirocco is a bland psycho who wants to take over the world.
>Glemmy is a replacement Char.
>Iron mask is a Char clone with a bigger mask.
>Gym is a big guy with a sword.
Etc. Etc.
Basically Gundam villains are often not something to write home about. McGillis' plot twist gimmick made him more memorable than most of the guys I mentioned.

V is how I feel about Zeta's OP, it's so 80s I love it.

These. IBO tries to be Gundam without being Gundam and honestly it comes off poor. Hell Build Fighters does a far better job of trying something different while still retaining so much of what you love as Gundam.

Reductionism isn't argument.
I can easily say
>McGills is a manchild wih a facade
That doesn't explain anything about how and why the character fails

raise your hand if seed was your first gundam and the first series you dowloaded

Attached: gundam-seed.jpg (1024x768, 311K)

>The ending to IBO is basically "the adults worked something out", which flies in the face of the grand-ambition-thwarted-by-heroism theme typical of Gundam.
ZZ did the exact same fucking thing. What the fuck Gundam anime are you talking about?

Jokes on you, 08th ms team was my first gundam, and I watched it online

>The ending to IBO is basically "the adults worked something out", which flies in the face of the grand-ambition-thwarted-by-heroism theme typical of Gundam.
>Zeta where Kamille's actions are rendered moot and the badguys essentially win while he becomes a retard
>ZZ where the EF get away with everything and Judau's actions are rendered moot and he decides to fuck off to Jupiter

What the fuck are you talking about?

Gundam villains often boil down to really simple archetypes. McGillis is the same simple archetype, but with a twist that sets him apart form those without a twist.

You can reduce McGillis as far as you want, but you can't ever leave out his 9 year old wife. It is very important.

IBO is just one of those popular entries that people hate to get a reaction out of others. They are the same as Zeta haters.

Mine was G Gundam I believe, maybe Wing. I forget which aired first on Toonami, I think it was G.

I do remember seeing SEED on Adult Swim though and loving it because of Flay and seeing her titties, now I've grown up, Cagalli is where it was really at with SEED.

Believe was not

How is it possible to not pick up on flay being a conniving manipulate hyper bitch, even as a kid?

Attached: kira with a death note.png (305x300, 195K)

I only ever caught SEED in spurts back then, I'd see an episode here and there, then not see one for a couple weeks, then a rerun of an earlier episode. I didn't watch SEED properly until I was older. So all I really knew of her was titties and good design really. Also kid me was a pretty big naive dumbass.

I didn't care too much for SF at first, but over the years it eventually became my third favorite after Madnug and Assault Shroud Duel

Hot Limit

no homo

If Maaya comes back, I mean she is married to Shinn's VA in real life so it's not impossible.

Maaya is still voicing today and she still going strong with her music career.

Did you not see Planet With?

Attached: worst of 2018.png (767x485, 746K)

>Didn't/won't watch Age
First 15 eps are unironically good, it's as soon as Asemu shows up it starts tanking. HARD. Kio's arc had nice battles and Reina Spriggan is an underrated villain.

>Kio's arc had nice battles and Reina Spriggan is an underrated villain.
It was also the worst arc of the three

Age is fucking terrible, stop convincing other anons about it.

You forgot the animation was horrendously bad at times and the protagonists were downright fucking evil, not just murder but assisting terrorists. The biggest problem was the lack of action scenes, Gundam is an action series both the mainstream versions and SD with the new Build offshoots. IBO failed to bring it and what replaced it was just plain awful.

I seriously can't understand where it all went wrong here, it's so charming. The animation isn't bad, but the plot just doesn't translate well to a 12 episode anime. I know it could be great but it just isn't.

You're too far gone.

Attached: wataru rests on fire casually.png (736x550, 645K)

Cross Ange is just SEED with Cagalli as the lead, like the Novel, and like how it should have been.

I have high disdain for IBO and find Turn A one of the weaker entries. Not as weak as 0080 and Age, but still.

Not only this but IBO crosses into dark territory the other entries never touched. I mean hell, the space rats left humanity in darkness by the end of season 1, they were the villains yet for some reason the audience is expected to be on their side.

Also what kind of space pirates don't act like pirates?

It was okay overall, not terrible.

I want a Beargguy anime after this.

lol i remember that episode in which they sell weapons to protesters caused a shitstorm in japan

Mai Tokiha is still cute even to this day. I can believe many anons still love her as best Mai- waifu.

The original and zeta gundam definitely are.

I love Murrue bros.

I wish there was a canon ep that had meer getting gangbanged/raped

>Cross Ange is just SEED with Cagalli as the lead
no, Fukuda fused Flay and Cagalli (Ange) to become Kira's (Tusk's) ultimate Waifu.