Start watching the anime

>start watching the anime
>thoroughly enjoy season 1
>one of the best anime I've seen
>watch season 2
>Still enjoy it despite flaws
>start s3
Oh
>realize because they introduced so many characters/plotlines in s2 that they couldn't keep up with they gave up and basically started over

What a let down. Is there any manga/anime that doesn't jump the shark after the 1st season? So many awesome themes that are ruined after they're barely explored.

Attached: images (47).jpg (400x600, 36K)

Ok

nice blogpost/recommendatin thread

Even S1, let alone S2, were vastly inferior to the source material, dumb animeonly. And :RE takes a massive nosedive after the first half, so not even the anime could've saved it. pic very related

Attached: here's your anime bro.jpg (2696x1988, 857K)

it was edgy garbage the whole time why would expect it to be good

>watching the anime
My sides.Also

Season 2 gave me cancer.

The prison scene was do dumb.

>I READ MANGA BTW

Literally YouTube comments tier

>Is there any manga/anime that doesn't jump the shark after the 1st season?
Quite a lot of them, but they are not based on edgy crap source material.
Now go to >>/wsr/

What isn't edgy nowadays? People call series edgy as soon as they see little blood or characters acting out of their comfort zone

Yeah, that was awful. Still I could forgive it because of touka x kenaki scenes, even if they never really resolved it properly

How about considering the show at hand and if that is edgy or not instead of bringing up arbitrary opinions formed by other people on other shows?
What I am saying is this: Do you not think Tokyo Ghoul is edgy?

imagine using edgy as an insult in 2018+1

You realize shows can be gory and dark without it being a negative thing, right?

If you aren't a fan of that genre of stuff, that's fine. Don't go looking for it.

>show
I read the manga and you're a retard if you think it's edgy in any form if you read up until the end where basically everyone gets a happy end.
Also this Sometimes what you might consider "edgy" is for others entertaining or refreshing to see, but since you can't seem to criticize specific things in the story, you just cover yourself by calling everything "edgy" that doesn't pander to you and that's fine. If you can't handle little bit blood, canabilism or other "dark" themes just stick with moeshit or SOL

cannibalism*

> thoroughly enjoyed season 1

you must be 18 to post here

this, read the manga

>watch trash adaptations
>be surprised when people say you should instead read the source

>You realize shows can be gory and dark without it being a negative thing, right?
Yes I know this, but this does not answer my question, do you or do you not think tokyo ghoul is edgy?
>If you aren't a fan of that genre of stuff, that's fine.
I think some edge is fine, it is you who assume things about me because I say that TG is edgy.
>Don't go looking for it.
This thread was on the frontpage, and I just wanted to tell a dude to fuck off with his request thread...
>I read the manga and you're a retard if you think it's edgy in any form if you read up until the end where basically everyone gets a happy end.
First of, the manga is the manga and the anime is the anime, it is 2 different mediums even if it tells the same story.
Second of, having a happy ending does not take away the fact that the build up for that end is edgy.
>Sometimes what you might consider "edgy" is for others entertaining or refreshing to see, but since you can't seem to criticize specific things in the story, you just cover yourself by calling everything "edgy" that doesn't pander to you and that's fine.
I am so sorry that the world use edgy as a buzzword, but its use is still right here.
>If you can't handle little bit blood, canabilism or other "dark" themes just stick with moeshit or SOL
Nice, just make some assumptions, I can also do this.
You are underaged, you love elfen lied, and you should go back to your "grimdark" gorefilled edgefest.
Look, that was easy.

So can you answer my question why you think it's edgy and why it's bad? For now, it looks like you can't handle a little bit gore

how underage do you have to be to think that edgy and dark are the same thing?

>So can you answer my question why you think it's edgy and why it's bad?
Since your reading comprehension is at a kindergarten level I will spell it out so you understand.
I do not dislike the show. I just find it mediocre.
As for what is edgy about it, how about the whole setting, cannibals goring on bodies as if they are the EVA unit 1 going berserk. Or just all the overuse of blood because "ooh its a cliched vampire ripoff story" .
Or the part with "oh my god his blood is on a tissue, let me just lick that shit because blood"
You can try the whole "you can not handle blood lol, just go back to moeblob" but this show is edgy in the same way Sasuke is, trying to be cool by adding blood/gore just to up the age rating. The Hannibal trilogy had cannibals and blood, but it was not an edgefest. Jin-Roh had people get shot the fuck up with a rain off bullets and it was not edgy.
Legend of the Galactic heroes whenever Schenkopf is doing melee battles, people get torn to pieces and bleed all over thanks to gruesome axe cuts, still not edgy.
It is in the end the way this whole SHOW is presented, "just put more blood in there so teenagers think its cool and deep"
Now, how about you finally fucking answer my question: Do you or do you not think this show is edgy. And if not, why?

>Do you or do you not think this show is edgy.
I'm not reading your entire blog, but I told you in my previous post that I just read the manga and only checked a few scenes until I realized the adaptation is just too butchered. My point still stands though, you're using "edgy" as a buzzword to criticize a show it that doesn't hold any merit since your brain is biased on how it views things. It all boils down to "i don't like the gore scenes in this show, because reasons that I can't explain with proper words so I'm using that meaningless word instead" which can be proven by
>Or the part with "oh my god his blood is on a tissue, let me just lick that shit because blood"
How the hell was this edgy in any way? I'm even sure that this was supposed to be hilarious and overexaggerated to show how much he has a boner for the smell of his blood.

>Im not reading that, what if you prove me wrong!
>I just read the manga and still disregard the fact that you speak about the show and have said so twice now
>The anime is bad and I did not watch it but i will assume you are wrong
>You are biased because people use a word as a buzzword, but in here where it is accurately used I will just disregard it lol
>You dont like gore scenes in this show is all it boils down to, also let me just disregard every statement that you made on why this is
>I did not think that part was edgy, nor anything in this show, so why would you
Look, you can like your little edgefest all you want, and your shonen MC with white hair powerup. But it is still an edgy show for teens and no matter how much you ignore all evidence otherwise does not change this.

you're trying way too hard, animeonly
just know next time, use valid criticism so people can start taking you seriously instead of resorting to cheap buzzwords and repeating the same word over and over

>>start watching the anime
Stopped reading here

>you're trying way too hard, animeonly
And you disregard the 3 times I have stated I only speak about the anime. Dont be such a retarded cunt instead.
>just know next time, use valid criticism so people can start taking you seriously instead of resorting to cheap buzzwords and repeating the same word over and over
Except the part where you ignored my reasoning for the use of that word.
just know next time, read the valid criticism so people can start taking you seriously instead of getting stuck on a word and repeatedly disregarding why this word was used
Just blasting in blood splatter whenever someone gets hurt is just edgy. Just putting in gore for the sake of it is edgy. The anime adaptation of Tokyo Ghoul is edgy.

animeonlies will never cease to amuse me, godspeed user kun you are gonna make it

Look, the final of Part 1 was so edgy they cut it off in the animeThey respected their audience and didn't want to hurt their fee fees, you should thank the anime studio!

faggots will never cease to amuse me, godspeed aids kun you're not gonna make it

>my comic book is more mature than your cartoon

No

*cracks knuckles*

It's less about the mediums and more about anime being filtered through the dozens of people making the anime on top of anime having more issues with budget and TV restrictions. It's no different than a movie adaptation of a book never being the full experience. Both anime and movie adaptation watchers trip over themselves for excuses to why their adaptation isn't shitty because they don't want to read the manga or read the book but don't want to think that they're getting a completely different and inferior experience.