Ghost in the Shell - Arise

What went wrong?

Attached: AriseMotoko_7162.jpg (318x450, 36K)

SAC babies crying

They made another GitS?

it happened

Nothing, it was okay.

I don't understand the premise.

It's supposed to be a prequel, but then why is everyone there already? In SAC 2nd GiG, it was showed that Motoko had a newer body when she and Ishikawa were on the mission with Batou who joined them for the first time. Saito joined after the mission because Motoko beat him there. Togusa is supposed to be a fresh recruit, yet in Arise, you have everyone - Togusa, Saito, Batou pretending to be 2nd in command, but Motoko is younger than in the 2nd GIG flashback, and the monkey king hasn't even got a single gray hair.

It was a while since I watched it, but I didn't really get it.
Someone made a virus that makes you experience fictional events or something?
Seems stupid considering how much room there is for something like that to fuck up badly

No less retarded than that laughing man bullshit or anything else that happens in the series. Digital brain=digital memories=can be over written. Pretty straight forward.

The character design

It's not a prequel, it has nothing to do with SAC, just like SAC has nothing to do with the first movie or the manga.

They should have sunk the money into Dork in the Shell.

Attached: 70k_22-b319be34-2642-4dea-b1a2-d39a26fe5590.jpg (1500x2153, 528K)

In case you're behind, things have gotten jesus tiddyfucking cracksmoking christ on a moped-real.

Attached: 70k_06-d325b178-5a12-490c-ac01-e99f4a63fbcd.jpg (1500x2153, 687K)

I like it.

It made the fatal error of sucking instead of not sucking. Many shows make this simple mistake.

So how would you make it not suck?

Everyone so ugly.

Just don't do anything, that's what I always do

My dick didn't arise

Too straight-forward, in fact. An astute viewer could have had picked up who was the Pyromaniac just by watching the entire series instead of wating for things to be revealed in the film.

It was not like the mysteries in SAC was anything big, but they know how to push several philosophical points throughout each season. Each episode of Arise on the other hand only explored skin-deep a different topic, while the central theme was too weak to hold the entire series together.

But SAC fits in quite well with the 1995 movie, innocence and even SSS. The continuity also makes sense.
First it was Major, then Ishikawa, then Batou, then Saito then Togusa. Pazu and Borma were either between Ishikawa and Batou, or Saito and Togusa.
In Arise, not only are their personalities quite different, the order is completely messed up too.
First it's Major, then Paz, the Saito, then Borma and Ishikawa, then Batou, then Saito again, then Togusa.

THEY MADE HER CUTE!!! CUTE!!!

The mysteries were never really the main plot of the SAC seasons anyway. They were important, but the first season was essentially just about a corruption coverup and the second was a false flag operation and you largely knew these things fairly early on. The conflict was in Section 9 gathering enough information and getting the situation to a point where they could stop them. Where the mysteries are important is in the major characters of the episodes or the seasons.

The mystery of the Laughing Man is largely in why he's doing what he's doing and the memetic effect he had on pop culture. Kuze was the same except for his ability to lead to refugees. In both cases the characters are more than simple hackers, their influence extend beyond mere technology into human psychology and social dynamics. The Laughing Man phenomenon ultimately has nothing to do with his Super Class-A Hacking skills, but because the story of his crusade triggered a mass of copycats and fanboys. Kuze had a similar backstory to the Major, and while he did stuff like act as a massive hub for the refugees cyberbrains to communicate with, ultimately it was his charisma, not any hacking, that led him to constantly find himself at the center of attention wherever he went. Both were larger than life figures whose most important influences went beyond cyberspace and instead resulted in themes about human societies and thought processes that ended up being affected by the information age.

Solving weird cyberpunk mysteries was more common with single episode stories.

I tried Arise and lasted like 3/4 of the first episode.

Cute? More like bland. It's not cute at all.

nothing.

I'm sure it'll end up having been a masterpiece compared to whatever Cuckflix is about to shit out.

What made you stop?

adhd

Netflix will save GitS.

Attached: gits2045.jpg (768x774, 65K)

>Aramaki directing
Don't hold your breath.

Oh.

t. netflix shill

No.

Motoko not have sex with me.........

Shit animation/art direction, lots of QUALITY, worst Motoko design ever, etc

Someone should put the ps1 game cutscenes through an upscale UI already.

So nothing story related.

>What went wrong?

It wasn't needed. The first movies were great, the tv show was good with flashes of being great. Arise was just there, it was OK but it offered nothing new.

SAC 2nd GIG > SAC > 1995 >> Innocence > Solid State Society > Arise > Arise the Movie

I recently rewatched this and I think having 4 different directors and an intricate gits plot forced into something closer to action movie style directing are the biggest problem. It seems to lack the cohesiveness of the other series. That said, it's still a lot of new gits material with memorable scenes.

Innocence improved on my latest rewatch. I found all the quotes to be less of an issue this time, but I still think they were overused and came off as unnatural commentary. "Here is a quote to express the idea I am currently expressing with this film."

>3d
no