How did you get into Detective Conan?

Through streaming, torrents, those old dub releases from 15 years ago, tape trading, buying the Japanese manga, buying the English manga, or what else have you?

Attached: 9a7a5344da62f8ef696654e5ec363b6c1413505831_main.jpg (1064x1596, 257K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/view/1149070
youtu.be/tIKi3SHnXgc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm here for the shota being cute.

Attached: 1539107382189.png (1050x982, 1.23M)

I watched it in CN back when I was a kid. Some episodes really scared me.

Came across the dub on some website and binged it. Stopped where the dub did (I think I found it after everything had been released in 2010), then occasionally remembered it and rebinged those same episodes. Last year I started the sub and am 700+ episodes in, stopped for awhile until I can get back to where I can watch it in a comfy climate. The dub was very enjoyable for me and I wish Funi continued the movies at least. Still disappoints me how bad everything went with Case Closed.

Never got to see it, really wish I had.

Attached: case.jpg (487x700, 55K)

bad manga scans from ayanami something

I am Russian and it never aired here, I just sort of decided to watch it because I am a big Ace Attorney fan and anime left incredibly underwhelming impression on me, so in order to understand what is it that Ace Attorney anime adaptation does wrong as crime drama anime I decided to check out what things the most popular crime solving anime does right. It's a false equivalency, but I don't mind it, I just got hooked on the show and I am on episode 60 by now.

The way I watch it is a bit clunky, basically first I found all the remastered episodes available, episodes that aren't remastered I believe I found the best possible DVD rips (I believe right now them to be Naoki Raws ones, but maybe someone uploaded it something better?), then I downloaded worse rips but with subs, then I take the subs out of that version and merge them with Naoki Raws ones, the synch is always perfect. If I am watching it on my phone I just burn them into the video.

Attached: 11.jpg (284x350, 27K)

That is a bit clunky but if you're into quality I guess it's fine. The average subs never bothered me with the video. I do like the remasters though. Naoki Raws are the DVD raws ran through filters so the lines can be smudged or the colors/contrast darkened.

Attached: triple threat.jpg (701x1000, 126K)

Are there any on nya that weren't ran through filters? I did couple of comparisons, so despite the filters they just seem better so far. Even though the cops behind Conan in OP 3 are completely fucking invisible.

Attached: Naoki Raws is bottom.jpg (1280x1440, 263K)

I used to use Naoki until I found these iso's
nyaa.si/view/1149070

The Naoki versions can look sharper and cleaner but I think it just depends on what you want. The cops are not entirely invisible in these. There are rare times the Case Closed DVDs look better (I say rare because I only tested a few sceenshots, CC usually looks more faded). It's also a real hassle for OPs and EDs, every episode has different versions, some are brighter some are darker, this is just how they are on the DVDs themselves and I don't know why. They also have a blue tint in them. I have a TV broadcast of an old rerun from over a decade ago, the OP is not blue like it is in the DVDs. Also the Case Closed version of that OP (Mawashite) is tinted very pink.

This is from Cornered Famous Detective from the ISO for it.

Attached: iso.png (630x480, 367K)

Here is an example of the DVD tint, rerun on the right.

Attached: naked ran.jpg (1468x617, 124K)

Also that DVD is the Naoki Raw one.

Oh yeah, these are fairly recent, thank you, I'll check them out.

the way i started watching anime was comcast's on demand dvr shit in 2010. they had funimation dubbed episodes that they'd rotate through and some of the movies. i started with the baker street movie and "Rachel" amnesia movie.

You're welcome, hope it works out. I use them for screenshots and webms.
These two have a sharpen filter over them because that's how my player saves them by default sometimes. The Nazo one was normal.

Attached: omission.jpg (1262x480, 94K)

Reminder there are people introduced to Conan through that Pewdiepie youtube video.

Which one?

Staying up late and watching the Lupin and Case Closed airings on AS back in 2004 or 2005

Someone said it was in a YLYL video of his but I don't know what it is, I can't stand youtubers enough to look.

Attached: original.gif (500x375, 1019K)

Attached: original.gif (500x369, 1022K)

i love conan eating gifs

I love Conan.

>watched countdown to heaven on tv
>saw haibara
>fell in love
Basically this

Where did CtH air on TV? Spain? Germany?

It's Indonesia

On a scale of 1 to kys nigger, how shit is my taste if i turned from haibarafag to amurofag

Haibara is at least a decent character from the early days who has her flaws and hangups. Amuro is the trophy husband of the show.

this chin

Attached: conan.jpg (271x270, 18K)

TMS needs to embrace the classic Conan era.

Attached: 41Ix64Z-MpL.jpg (500x346, 31K)

it was airing on toonami? i wasn't really interested in the series at first but i did get back into it 2011ish to see if there was any closure. All I care then and now was ran trying to discover shinichi identity. I would literally skip every episode that doesn't do with the organization or ran.

It was airing on TV here. After a while I watched the dubbed episodes online and the newer ones were only available with English subs which also got me into subbed anime.
Meanwhile the manga started being released here back then so I spent a lot of money on the manga volumes as a kid but I stopped around volume 60 (~10 years ago).

It was Adult Swim in a block called Adult Swim Action. At the time Toonami was a daytime block during Cartoon Network hours. Now Toonami is Saturday nights during Adult Swim anyway. Conan aired 2004-2005 for what should have been the first 50 episodes but they skipped one for presumable fear of airing an Olympics case on the same night as the Olympics (August 12th 2004) and I guess it never aired in a rerun from what I can tell.

Where is "here" user?

Attached: 41EkpYnMkrL.jpg (500x346, 31K)

you're at slit your throat on stream tier

Germany.
youtu.be/tIKi3SHnXgc
I loved Haibara.

We never got Mawashite dubbed let alone Truth in Japanese (stopped right at the episode it was going to start). I don't really know what to think with the German VAs but the music dubs I've heard seem pretty good. Germany got a pretty good deal with Conan. I'd say I can't believe they picked the series back up so late and so far behind but I'm American and it might be 10x more bizarre for that here than there. They also kept up with the movies during that time and we had dead silence for any dub between 2010 and this year and that wasn't even made for us.

Attached: 90s OPs.jpg (1280x1440, 690K)

Fujosis?

Attached: 76613753_p0.jpg (2480x1748, 1.28M)

Watching old German dubs while I was a kid.
Haibara's reveal was the best moment in the entire series and I really thought Conan would die.

Smug Kogoro.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-07 06-07-42.png (1600x900, 714K)

Mountain Fox case was fun.

I grew up with detective Conan since I was a kid.
my cartoon routine after school was like:
13:40 detective conan or DBZ
14:00 The Simpsons
14:30 Futurama

sounds comfy user

Attached: haibara.jpg (630x480, 99K)

Is Sera gay for Ran?

wait until Eisuke "the gay exterminator" Hondou knows

Local TV. It’s one of the few anime they still air new episodes of.

Has anyone ever been to one of the DC cafes?
There's one in my city at the moment that's there for another few days or so I think.
Was it worth the trip?
>tfw nobody to go with you
>tfw don't wanna be that loser that goes by himself eventhough that's what you are
My friends grew out of this shit a decade ago.

Attached: cafe.jpg (1200x675, 262K)