I watched Black Clover up to the arc in the cave where Licht first appears...

I watched Black Clover up to the arc in the cave where Licht first appears. Jesus Christ I've never seen a bigger cluster fuck of an arc.

>starts off ok, seems like typical villain of the week type shit
>doesn't resolve fast enough, has to have extra villains pop in
>still doesn't resolve fast enough, has to bring in the fucking main antagonist way too early in the story
>main baddie starts preaching about how he's the most powerful and you'll never beat me
>gets beat like a bitch
>jk lol, here are these three random assholes who are actually the most powerful
>fight still taking too long so three more magic captains have to show up

I'm not even counting all the bullshit, way-too-long fights and annoying characters. I don't care if it gets better later, in my eyes this is one of the worst series I've ever seen at this point.

Attached: Black_Clover,_volume_1.jpg (220x360, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LKt3NwcZZGg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're just retarded because that's unanimously agree'd to be the first good arc

>you're retarded because you disagree

Good to know. I for one can't think of a single thing I liked about that arc, and God knows I tried. And if that's considered a high point of the series then now I know for sure not to bother with the rest of it, so thanks for telling me.

>>starts off ok, seems like typical villain of the week type shit
>>doesn't resolve fast enough, has to have extra villains pop in
>>still doesn't resolve fast enough, has to bring in the fucking main antagonist way too early in the story
Well I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it, but the series is just extremely fast paced like that. Also, Licht is only the main antagonist for the first saga which is finished in the manga and closed to ending in the anime.
>>main baddie starts preaching about how he's the most powerful and you'll never beat me
>>gets beat like a bitch
Well he is very powerful, one of the strongest characters in the series, but magic attributes also play a big role in battles. His light magic is strong, but there are a few other magics out there that can counter it (Dark, Mirror, Time, and Mercury). In this case he had to go against two people with magic that can easily counter his.
>>jk lol, here are these three random assholes who are actually the most powerful
Only for the moment, and that's because of a certain other plot point that's spoilery if I tell all of it. He does get stronger than them later on in the saga though.
>>fight still taking too long so three more magic captains have to show up
What's wrong with that? Yami was the strongest there and was nearly about to die, which it would be too early for in the series since he's supposed to be like Asta's All Might.

Black Clover is trash, this is well known

>long fights
You dropped it at a good time then, the next arc has one of the longest single fights in the series. Even if it was one of the best parts of the entire series,I don't think you would have enjoyed it if you hated the cave shit.

Clean your toilet Jimbo.

bc has no good arcs

speedwatcher pls

BC is garbage. The only conceivable way someone might like it is if they,re really new to the medium/industry. Like, REALLY new

I've been following anime and manga since Gundam first made it big in the west

BC is genuinely great. It's the closest thing today to Pre-timeskip One Piece or Yu-yu Hakusho. But I guess because YouTube and ANN trashed it I guess a nu ironic-anime fans more concerned with hype won't be convinced.

>But I guess because YouTube and ANN trashed it
Or, yknow, because people read it themselves and realized it was trash? Not trash in an offensively bad way, but trash in a ''most bland generic thing ever, did post rave master Hiro mashima write this?'' kind of way

They literally didn't, they watched one episode and judged the entire series from that

This, BC fans have this weird idea that people only dislike BC because of anime reviews but since the manga started everyone knew it was uninspired trash.

Sure, if you say so. I mean I read 200 chapters, weekly, in hopes that someday it would maybe become not a waste of my time but guess what? it didn't get better

>generic
Find me another battle shounen with as much emphasis on group battles.

BC has a fight where the arc villain cuts off an ally's leg, crushes a singing mage's vocal cords, and then maims the MC's arms. As a result the MC has to resort to maneuvering with his allies Thread and Portal magic to fling around the battle.

Damn near every other shounen just goes the Cell Games route and just has 1v1s with everyone standing around taking turns

>another battle shounen with as much emphasis on group battles
Read more manga kid

>Find me another battle shounen with as much emphasis on group battles
I mean just off the top of my head World Trigger is a currently running battle shounen with more emphasis on team battles and it's actually good

I dropped this shit at chapter 2. Literally Naruto but with magicians. How could jump even allowed this is beyong me.

>Literally Naruto but with magicians
So literally just Naruto then?

Lots of easily impressed kids

Attached: C54D9FF9-E272-4348-9E76-2E67D01D9A6B.jpg (1440x900, 279K)

What level of autism does it take to watch past the first episode?
>youtube.com/watch?v=LKt3NwcZZGg

Funny how a lot of people, including me, trashed that series and its anime relentlessly too back in the day. Except instead of complaining about the annoying tropes and characters it was more focused on how bored out of their minds they were at the show.

it's literally like a room of executives sat down and decided how to take every possible trope and cram them together into a generic shonen

Worst shonen mc ever

>Funny how a lot of people, including me, trashed that series and its anime relentlessly
Not really, every series that gets an anime gets trashed around here.

Those high speed sit-ups made me chuckle, I'll give him that.

Sure, but a lot of them will at least get varying amounts of praise too.
Threads for the WT anime for a long time were mostly people shitting on Toei's production values with a mangafag or two promising that "it gets better" at some point.

You're probably right. I don't watch anime

BC is a love letter to shōnen genre, so you are wrong. It's shōnen on amphetamine.

But that was underwater temple.

Asta is more an MC I think "daww, he's cute" than "this is the epitome of male performance."
And even then, he's a good boi. I like how realistically they deal with Sister Lily's reaction to him. She doesn't take him at all seriously, but she adores him as the child she raised and the unbridled ball of motivation he is.
You see that in "this" arc, when she's talking to the older nun about the "noisome" child she takes care of.

It'll be kinda interesting seeing him mature and moving on from that so he can deal with the royal albino that wants to make albino babies.

Fuck off.
Kill yourself then.

God the MC is butt ugly

> because i didnt like it that means its objectively bad, cant be that i just have shit taste
Lmao

> not named a single example
> generic battle shounen
> names world trigger
You dont understand what generic means.

>clovercuck calling another series generic
Top kek

>falling for the sports manga meme
It’s still a battle shonen and user didn’t say the example had to be a generic one

> doesnt actually understand a simple implying post
This is the typical retard ladies and gentleman.
Here let me explain user:
> genric battle shounen
this is what was the requirement, a generic battle shounen that focuses on group battles
> world trigger
this is what was posted....and WT is certainly not generic.

So next time think before posting.

>BC is genuinely great. It's the closest thing today to Pre-timeskip One Piece or Yu-yu Hakusho.
Picked. You better not be lying to me or I swear, I'll find you.

I sure hope you didn't pick up the anime

>shōnen genre
Of course bcniggers are newfags

But the original post was trying to argue that BC was NOT generic by citing the effort that goes into its team battles.

>I watched
That was your first mistake.

fpbp

>I haven't seen something completely, but I can already tell it sucks!
Sure you can, you're totally an expert!

The manga is shit too

I like Black Clover cause the main dude is a major underdog who doesn't really have shit going for himself besides his little anti-magic and even that shit can be easily hard countered.

People talking shit about it isn't an unpopular opinion, it's so fucking common. But you know what, if we wanna talk shit, lets talk Blade Of Demon Destruction. The relationship between his sister and him is fucking creepy. It has too many incestuous vibes. The plot in a nutshell is identical to FMA and what's even more funny, both authors are female. Older sibling goes on some massive adventure to recover younger siblings humanity because something bad happend to the younger sibling.

Literally the same regurgitated trash and we got dumbasses calling it some masterpiece. Yeah any shonen can become a "masterpiece" if its will animated by a studio that get's memed hard and called "unlimited budget works."

>The plot in a nutshell is identical to FMA
What the fuck
I'm shocked at how perfect of a comparison that is and how I didn't realize it

>I can't defend my shitshow so I'm gonna derail the thread.
Sasuga clovercuck

Attached: Tanjirou_disgusted.jpg (589x589, 50K)

No. Tabata has a unique and well-crafted artstyle. He very obviously thought out to the plot threads/worldbuilding far in advance. Plus the main villains have a valid cause to war rather than "REEEE society was mean to me" "mummy didnt luv me" stuff that's dime a dozen

The witch's forest arc is even worse.

Here comes the butthurt pussboi who doesn't seem to realize his most favorite show is just regurgitated trash.

Yes, shit one note characters, ugly character designs, boring worldbuilding and tension less fights.

>tension less fights.
Meme opinion

>"REEEE society was mean to me"
Pretty sure this is Patri character

>tension less fights.
you didn't like OH MY TIME SHOTA FORM?

there is a difference between society being mean to you and having your race literally genocided
you mean something that was foreshadowed directly in the fight that only Julius can use once?

Based.

Attached: 433.jpg (255x320, 10K)

>samefagging

Funny thing about that is Clovercucks were shiting on MHA because All Might didn’t die and saying how Tabata was “brave” enough to kill the wizard king(to rip off the 3rd Hokages death).

Did you just google "black clover villain" and make that comment? You're completely wrong to a degree that's impossible if you had actually read/watched the anime.

Unless you're actually retarded. That's a possibility to consider as well, I suppose.

Attached: speedreadersbane.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

BS you didn't follow shit since gundam. Gundam was never big in the west. Your trying to pass yourself off as a veteran to increase your opinions value. Damn inbred.

How else are they going to trick people into thinking that generic trash is good?

Really need that Yea Forums reputation and creed

>Gundam was never big in the west
confirmed zoomer

Attached: 5AAAFDF0-3958-4238-8DD2-1687EF9E0876.jpg (1530x2537, 1.1M)