Hajime no Ippo

Why did I never watch this shit before? When I saw Ippo land a good hit on Miyata my mouth was wide fucking open for the next 30 seconds. Holy shit what a great show.

Attached: holy shit.png (1303x879, 1.56M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tsqn9xR_eeQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Season one is really fucking great user. I just finished the anime last month.
Also Miyata
>n-now it's 1-1

Just wait until you start reading the manga, because you eventually will.

Then you can suffer with the rest of us. It'll never die.

Yeah can't wait to catch up and enjoy the ride, especially with the storm approaching the east coast got nothing better to do than cook, watch anime and workout. Gonna be comfy.

Ippo knocking out Miyata two times was amazing. So proud that only after 3 months he was able to fight on this child prodigy's level because of his fighting spirit. Man, if I watched this shit when I was in my teens I feel like I would have turned out to be a whole different person.

Attached: chadime.png (1176x882, 1.34M)

God I hate that fucking bitch Miyata so much. Oh i'm so aloof my gym mates feel honored to speak to me. Oh I'm such a prodigy. Oh I'm so fast and cool. Oh my father's style. Oh the tragic loner prince.

>B-But my counters
Fuck off.

The blocking punches with your head is just so damn funny and I haven't read it yet. It's just a wonder how this was done as a serious strategy.

it makes sense if you are pushing in on them and they can't fully extend their punches

Good thing he fucks off for a while and isn't really around much after the begenning. Ippo's infantuation with him is really obnoxious.

Yeah like he did in the beginning against Miyata to neutralize his counter but I have read that he doesn't evade punches anymore?

>I would have turned out to be a whole different person
Yeah, same. Now I'm too old for boxing apparently.

How old are you user? If you're actually pretty old and not meme old like 23-24 then you can still get into it, just don't expect to be a professional or something. Boxing and MMA is good for the body, mind and soul.

21. I don't have the free time I used to have though. if I was to do it I won't be a pro or anything, I just want to train and do roadwork.

>because you eventually will
why the fuck would start I if I wouldnt be able finish that long ass shit anyway

Attached: 18.jpg (896x1300, 289K)

>21
Lmao dude please. If you started at 21 and put your heart and soul into it you could compete if you wanted and do fine, that's still young as fuck. I'm 23 and I feel like I'm entering my prime. It's never too late just do it faggot.

Ah user you are still young. I joined a boxing gym at 27 and it was fun as fuck.

Cherish those moments user..it is a treasure...

Attached: Capture+_2019-09-06-00-08-54-1.png (720x519, 372K)

Yeah that was an excuse idk, maybe I will. Thanks.

cringe

t. ironic faggot afraid to show enthusiam for anything

blow it out your ass retard

Is ippo still an insecure whiny bitch?

Is there any movement towards a conclusion in the manga, at all?

I just want ippo to almost white-out against the champion only to flashback to him asking why he is doing this in the first place, what it was all for. Then he lands on his first encounter with Takamura and him saying he wants to know what it's like to feel strong. Then regaining his vigor, proclaiming he wants to know how it feels to be strong, then landing a liver blow on that smug Mexican cunt

I wish Mike Tyson would meet Ippo and teach him how to use Peek-a-Boo/Dempsey Roll without breaking apart the seams of his muscles.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tsqn9xR_eeQ

Ippo retired, user. He's a trainer now.

Who could beat him?

Attached: aoki (post hokuto shinken training).png (1631x911, 2.45M)

>Length
>Mattering
t. retard

>Tsuneo Imahori ost
>that 90s feel to everything
>really easy to understand everything regarding boxing even if they take liberties with shit (like Mashiba's flickers and people being able to tank 9005341234 punches to the face later on)
>Takamura is actually helpful towards Ippo without being too much of a dick (this will change because muh coach)
Ippo is peak comfy

He's obviously gonna go back, the only question is when. I fucking lost my shit when he started finally realizing that maybe going on full retard and tanking hits with his head wasn't a good idea and that he should've used his left more, and then Kamogawa was like
>well.. maybe
>but I really liked it when you went in there, put the pressure on them and tanked all those hits with your fucking face hippo
>but now you're retired and supposedly punch drunk so it doesn't matter hehe bye
What the fuck.

>Ippo almost comes to an epiphany that Kumogawa isn't that great of a coach
>Suddenly does a 180 and blames himself and still acts like coach is a god
Morikawa is a hack

Length matters when the lack of direction for the series is blatant.

Agreed, don't know what that has to do with Ippo though

lol

>when you've lost an argument

Yeah, it's like either he doesn't realize how fucking retarded he made both Ippo and Kamogawa look, or it's a politeness thing that gaijins like us don't get.

What is your favorite Dempsey Roll performed? Mine is the final one against Sendo followed by the improved one against Swamaru

What is it about ippo not using his right hand/straight in the manga

manlet in japanese standards and t rex arms probly

Ippo only uses his right, it's his left he stops using, and he starts getting his ass beat because of it
>800 chapter later
>Maybe i SHOULD use my left
>Lol nah

Wew glad I stopped reading at 1200~ chapter. Everything went downhill when he started ranked world matches

Dont listen to those retards, you better go to a gym and lift. Sports you have to pick up early at 13-14 and do them seriously, otherwise you will get shat on by teenagers that did them seriously.
Hell if you want a hobby that keeps you fit besides lifting even calistenics at home are better.
Coming from a 23 year old that did 3 years of boxing, the coach told me that besides having it as a hobby there is nothing there for me. At that point its better to do something else.

So there will be people better than me in it, that's not an issue. I still want to try it for some time.

Your coach is wrong, one guy started at 30 something and became world champion

Outliers will always exist, and I'm not fond of the "you're in your 20s you stand no chance whatsoever" mentality but I'm sure your odds are drastically lower if you want to make it professionally.
That shouldn't stop anyone who just wants to take up boxing for fun though.