Help me, JoJofags

I've seen that pic related is high praised so I want to read it. However, do I have to read the prequel(s) as well in order to understand the story?
I haven't read anything JoJo related yet (only watched Phantom Blood and Stardust Crusaders)

Attached: 234623463.jpg (677x1021, 150K)

You have no right to enjoy SBR if you don’t experience the other parts.

SBR is a celebration of Jojo so you should watch/read everything before it.

Yes you have to. Else you are a fag.

Don't listen to these faggots. Read it standalone if you want. Although it's highly praised because of Jojos autistic fanbase, it has the same issues every single Jojo series has. If you can look past those flaws, you'll like it.

Part 7 is quite readable without reading any of the previous 6 parts, but you aren't going to get the same mileage out of it that you would if you read all of the prior material.

This is the only post you need to take into account.

Lets find out.
Yea Forums, is part skipping based or cringe?

Skipping parts is not advised, but because of the ending of part 6, you can read part 7 and 8 as standalone

you dont need to do anything in particular, do whatever the fuck you want, after part 3 the timeline doesn't matter too much. just don't be a retarded speedreader and don't contribute to the aids-ridden side of the fanbase
also avoid part 5fags

Attached: 1555793940342.jpg (400x586, 145K)

Best manga I've ever read.

I am not joking, SBR is great from start to finish there's only one little dip in quality (Mrs. Robinson, Oyecomova and BoomBoomFamily)

For the last time, it has nothing to fucking do with the end of part 6. The New World we see at the end of Part 6 is not the SBRverse.

Attached: gtfo.jpg (552x807, 66K)

the only part you can skip is 5, every other part is related

It's very self-referential of previous parts. A lot of stuff doesn't mean shit without context.

The plot doesn't explicitly reference previous parts, but the expectation that you have read them is absolutely there and you will be left not fully understanding plenty of things if you jump right into SBR.
JoJo is good anyway, you should read it even if you had no plans to read SBR in particular.

Skipping parts is for fags

why are you replying to yourself?

Part skippers should be executed

Attached: LGJJ_21.png (1282x720, 584K)

Osteinbly part 7 is the most stand alone part, but you'll miss out on a lot of the references and subversions of them as a result of not having the context for the prior parts.

Suck it up and read/watch 1-6

Ok I am going to break this down for you. That is part 7 of jojo. 7 is the seventh number before that there is 1,2,3,4,5, and 6 in that order. Before 7 you should read those. You see numbers have an order.

>not reading the whole series

Attached: 9fd.png (357x368, 139K)

>However, do I have to read the prequel(s) as well in order to understand the st
NO.

and you can skip 2,4,6,7,8

You would enjoy it with no problems, thou maybe it wont be the same with the rest of them

>partskippers
>partfags
>hamon contrarians
Normalfaggotry was a mistake
Now I just stick to reading the manga and watching the anime by myself

Don't skip parts, please. If you HAVE to just watch the anime. It's a very faithful adaptation but watch it with subs so you can at least hear everyone's real names.

Then once you finish part 5 start reading part 6.

I would advise reading part 5, though. You can do it at your own pace and there are a few things you'll want to reread so you can at least try to wrap your head around it.

At the very least you need to read Part 3.

>However, do I have to read the prequel(s) as well in order to understand the story?
The factually correct answer to this question is no. Anybody who says otherwise is a speedreader.

unrelated but just happened on Yea Forums

Attached: NANI.png (547x382, 100K)

nah, sbr is shit, skip it and go straight to jojolion.

You don't need to have seen any of the other parts for it. It's overrated anyway.

You don't have to have read or watch any of the previous jojo parts to understand Steel Ball Run.

I skipped Part 1.

>You have no right to enjoy SBR if you don’t experience the other parts.
This.
learn your place fucking peon.

sbr isnt even that great

You can read it but you'll miss a lot of bright moments (I mean, you'll understand what's going on but you won't understand why it's so amazing).
I skipped part 3 so I'm in no position to hate your retarded decision.
This.

Attached: 7e1.png (500x475, 162K)

Part 6 is such a brainlet/speedreader filter

For the Spider-Man cameo, would David Productions need to go to Sony, or Disney for approval? How did the manga get approval?

>just don't be a retarded speedreader and don't contribute to the aids-ridden side of the fanbase
>also avoid part 5fags
Based advise. You should still read in order though cause it's fun to see Araki evolve over time and it just makes more sense.

Memes aside? Steel Ball Run is a reboot and as such, it is part 7 of the overall series but also part 1 of the current continuity so you can read it with no real knowledge of what came before it as it is not relevant at all.
HOWEVER, there's a good chunk of elements from part 7 (and 8 should you choose to keep reading after) that are directly lifted from the previous parts (Steel Ball Run in particular reimagines elements from Phantom Blood, Battle Tendency and Stardust Crusaders specifically). So while they are not a necessary read/watch, your enjoyment for the part will increase if you are able to appreciate all of the remade aspects of previous points in JoJo.
Also, between the first 10 chapters or so being purely horse racing and the first couple of fights after that being some.of the weakest in the series, you'll have to power through almost 20 chapters of so before getting into the kino stuff

There is no Spider-Man cameo, the only name-drop him in that arc.

I mean...kinda?

Attached: SO_Chapter_107_Cover_A.png (780x1200, 1.99M)

Do i have to read part 6 to fully enjoy Part 7? Everyone says it sucked, and i'd rather watch the anime when it comes out.

6 and 7 are unrelated, as there is a reboot between them. 6 is still cool though.

Of course you don't need to read the prequels lmao.

Don't listen to those autists, just jump in, you'll love it!

>You should still read in order though cause it's fun to see Araki evolve over time
By that logic you should read all of Araki's old manga before even starting Jojo.

BT is pretty cool. Baoh still gets a cameo in the games now and then. Sure, why not?

does anyone have that one fan art pic where they are all brown and it's really shitty

You need to be more specific than that. Tumblr has made a million of those.

Some user spoiled me that Johnny dies before reading it
I don't know if that was based or not

Do you want an even bigger spoiler?
Johnny lives and it's Gyro who dies.

Attached: Johnny Walker.jpg (602x908, 114K)

they were at a cookout and i think all the main characters were there

Yeah I have finished it now, I just went through it thinking that it will happen but it didn't.

I mean, you'll probably be able to follow SBR pretty well without too much knowledge of JoJo, but having the other parts as a backdrop does improve it in a sense. There are little thematic things and easter eggs you won't get if you skip parts

Attached: JosukeJJL.jpg (225x350, 38K)

Parts 2 and 4 needed more Dio. How will Diego, or the Brandos in general, come back for part 8?

Hopefuly they wont

No. It has zero relation to parts 1-6 and stands are developed in an entirely different way do not listen to speed readers.

Based. Araki has stated that each story follows it's own set of event separate from the others.

Shit, I can't argue with those numbers. I guess I'll have to settle for the Rock Pillar Men.

Already used in SBR.

So JoJo's part-based structure is neat because it makes the series easy for casual readers to get into but also rewards long-time fans through really well incorporated self-references and themes.

But like... by skipping over most of the series you're kind of missing a lot of what makes JoJo stand out? So much of Araki's writing philosophy is constantly coming up with new ideas that build off of previously established ones. Imagine skipping to the Chimera Ant arc in HxH or to Marineford in One Piece. The long-running nature of JoJo actively works in the series' favor and improves it as an experience.

tl;dr if you skip to SBR you aren't getting the full experience, which I think is 100% worth it

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 7.40.30 PM.png (1278x718, 1.46M)

SBR is probably one of the best entry points into JoJo, but I'd recommend reading/watching what you've missed first. It'll make certain moments more impactful.

Attached: Johnny_Cringe.jpg (499x563, 126K)

I just finished part 6 just to be safe because I was worried there would be the slightest hint that I'd miss a piece.

If you really want to know, then no there isn't anything you'll miss if you skip part 6, but everyone and me are telling you that it's a massive shame to go out of order. Part 6 features jolyne who is genuinely one of the best JoJos in the series because she combines Jotaros coolness, Joseph's swagger and Jonathan's honour. although the whole plot is literally set up as a continuation of Giornos life and relates to him more jolyne outclasses him 100x over.

If you just want to read about cowboys and cool American conspiracies then go to steel ball run. But definitely return to stone ocean eventually.

Johnny does die in a flashback in part 8 though.

yeah you need to read everything. you won't enjoy it otherwise.

You can read SBR on it's own, but you'll miss out on a lot of references and nods. It isn't as bad as skipping other parts because it's an alternate universe, but you'll still miss out a bit of the fun.

The smart thing is skiping part 6 autistic universe bullshit and imagine the normal timeline still goes on but also imaging part 7 and 8 as alt universe

Yes, you can read Steel Ball Run without prior knowledge or experience related to the previous parts. As has been said.

But you said you watched Phantom Blood and Stardust Crusaders anyway, so I can't think of a single easter egg that would be lost upon you.

steel ball run is the only good thing to come out of jojo

>Steel Ball Run (Japanese: スティール・ボール・ラン Hepburn: Sutīru Bōru Ran) is the reboot and seventh story arc of the Japanese manga series JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, written and illustrated by Hirohiko Araki.

>Originally the first 23 chapters (4 volumes) were serialized in Weekly Shōnen Jump in 2004 simply under the title Steel Ball Run. Although the character's names are obviously related to the series, it was unclear if the story was a part of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. However, when the series moved to Ultra Jump in 2005, it was officially announced as part 7 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, but in an alternate universe, like the following and current arc, JoJolion.

>In its original publication, it was known as JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6 Jolyne Cujoh: Stone Ocean.[a] It was preceded by Golden Wind and followed by Steel Ball Run.

>In its original publication, it was referred to as JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5 Giorno Giovanna: Golden Heritage. It was preceded by Diamond Is Unbreakable and followed by Stone Ocean.

>In its original publication, it was titled JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Jōsuke Higashikata[a]. It was preceded by Stardust Crusaders and followed by Golden Wind.

>In its original publication, it was known as JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3 Jotaro Kujo: Heritage for the Future. The arc was preceded by Battle Tendency and followed by Diamond Is Unbreakable.

>In its original publication, it was referred to as JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2 Joseph Joestar: His Proud Lineage. The arc was preceded by Phantom Blood (1987) and followed by Stardust Crusaders (1989–1992).

>The manga was originally serialized by Shueisha in Weekly Shōnen Jump under the title JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1 Jonathan Joestar: His Youth,[a] It was followed by Battle Tendency.

Steel Ball Run is not a part of the narrative established by 1 through 6. Stop telling people they need to read shlock to enjoy Steel Ball Run. They don't.

This post is a lie and waste of dubs. You get an appreciation of how Hirohiko Araki has improved as a writer, and the alternate universe vibe is really fun, but just as a story, Steel Ball Run is already magnificent.

Why wasn't Jesus reborn? Why did get inside of Lucy even?

Jesus was reborn, as Johnny.

No he wasn't