Asspulls

People always talk about Vasto Lorde Ichigo, The World Kujo, Kakashi dual-MS but does this have its place in the largest shounen asspulls?

Attached: [Moozzi2] Death Note - 08 (BD 1920x1080 x.264 Flac).mkv_snapshot_10.38_[2019.09.04_19.39.07].png (1920x1080, 1.92M)

>Moozzi2

Not even the biggest asspull in death note, that has to go hands down to
>lol jk here's a SECOND FUCKING L isn't he cute?
And then he proceeded to effortlessly figure out who Kira is within like, a week of being assigned the case

>""""subject"""" in ((((((current year))))))))
blasphemy

How the hell are them asspulls, are you fucking idiots

>hurr durr, I leave the Doorknob in certain position, asspull

>hurr durr new character is a bleached version of the previous defeated one, therefore asspull.

This walking asspull is the god-emperor of asspulls. He asspulls just by existing.

Attached: Shiba.Tatsuya.600.1710908.jpg (467x600, 67K)

spinzaku

Gon turning into an adult was the biggest asspull. came out of nowhere.

That's not really an asspull. Genuine spies do similar things you need to go more out of nowhere and inconsistent to be an asspull.

how'd he get the TV inside a closed bag of chips anyways

That wasn't an asspull.
Being able to create a carbon copy of a Death Note down to the way the guy wrote the name in a few moments, however...

Bag resealer

Near figured that Light is Kira without ever making any deductions, and just brushed aside L's previous conclusion of Light not being Kira on a hunch.

how the fuck is lowering his doorknob an asspull?

Kurapika and Bisky make Gon-san very plausible

sacrificing lifespan and health in a nen pact/changing your bodily form through enhancer powers was set up before, and it is far from an asspull

No one would care if Gon was forever crippled by it but having a convenient wish granting sibling fix most of it just soils it.

more like "It would be awfully convenient if he suddenly had a solution for this right now!"
If he had shown us that he did this in the first episode then it would be one thing. This is a typical case of an idiot writing smart characters. It's not magic.

Yeah. That I can agree with. Gon-san is barely an issue, and was foreshadowed even in the scene where Morel asked him to think he is Pitou. Nanika being able to heal his body without the Calamity drawback is the one 100% certified asspull in HxH.

I'd even settle for Gon being healed / nenless and having his arm gone, but he got his arm back AGAIN

Attached: 1567623965411.jpg (1699x1274, 1.47M)

I like to see characters keep battle damage, but healing an amputated arm was established within the realm of the best healers in Greed Island. Even if he lost it, he'd just have to find whoever was responsible for the card.

The best solution would have been to just say that even Nanika is unable to heal Gon and then have the characters go to the DC to find a cure.

But then the 2011 anime would have had a sad ending.

That isn't a good solution either, it's impractical to think Gon could stay on life support that long while characters fuck off for 10 years to maybe find a cure. IDK, Gon's healing and Kite's rebirth are the only 2 real gripes I have with HxH, both were too quick and convenient after what a grind the CA arc was

You could say that Nanika manages to heal his body, but can't repair his mind or something like that to justify him surviving the length of the voyage. Or maybe Nanika heals him just a little bit so he looks less like a mummy.

I am relatively fine with Kite. I thought it was hinted by Pitou and Meruem that his brain was eaten by the Queen when I was reading Chimera Ants. So I wasn't that surprised to see him aa an Ant. That possibility had already crossed my mind. The fact he resurrected with his own ability instead of just the Phagogenesis bothers me, but it is not as bad as Nanika disregarding her established rulea to heal Gon. That felt cheaty.

>sacrificing lifespan
Too bad the series will never get to the point where it would really matter

Explain this. What does this do?

I don't remember the context, but it was to give Light a way to see if someone had entered his room without any form of foreshadowing. Saying that is no different from saying that he has hidden surveillance cameras installed just before people entered the room or that he actually hid in a vase in his room the entire time while his clone is out doing his business.
If you don't tell the audience about it before then you might as well say that it was magic.

They did that very well. Just kept escalating them until they reached a literal nuke.

Fair. Does sound like an asspull. But most plans by smart people are unless they're incredibly obvious or completely hinted at beforehand. But most stories are written by seat of their pants.

What the fuck are you talking about, this made perfect sense. The trick was simple but effective

>the note has an infinite number of pages.
>the copy has exactly the same number of pages and shit written.
the copy should have been extremely thick to even fit everything, thing is even worse when they say the copy is exactly like the original.

and never addressed before. So why didn't he have an entire task force payed and planned for before this happened? That makes even more sense.

Infinite is not a real number, user. Maybe new pages appear when you finish it or something

No? It's something normal that anyone could have done beforehand. It's nothing exaggerated like that and it still works.

Well they never shown him eating potato chips before it became relevant to the plot, how about that?

But as a narrative function it's fucking bullshit. If you don't need to explain to the audience before you can just retcon anything at any given time and then seem "smart".
Light could literally have had a twin and that would've changed everything. It's smart to hide it and you wouldn't need to address it before it was relevant.

Most people can be assumed to eat snacks, most people don't do autistic things like that.

>most people don't do autistic things like that.
I did

How would Light even be able to do that? How is that even the same thing at all? He's always cautious. What he did is physically possible and simple, you're fucking retarded

Like for a week before you realized that no one ever opened your door? I did that shit for the shortest time ever until I realized that my siblings and my parents entered my room all the fucking time and that information wasn't worth anything.

No, the biggest asspull is Light losing because the spy dude stole his notebook lockpicking his bank safe which is absolutely retarded and then copying the entire notebook with perfect caligraphy in a single night.
That's an asspull.

how would he have a twin? he would be born with a twin and they would just decide that it would be to their advantage to pretend to be one. Aren't you smart enough to understand the advantages of that?

Seriously, how can both arcs be written by the same people? The most "intense" things that happened in the L arc was chasing a criminal using a police helicopter or crashing a truck inside a TV station. How did we go from that to flying rockets in the middle of the desert, stealing planes, and lockpicking inside banks. I just want a Death Note remake without that shit. You don't even need a new ending, just end it after L dies.

Attached: original.gif (500x280, 184K)

Holy shit you are incredibly mad because the series didn't foreshadow something so you could feel smart by figuring it out before it was spelled out for you
Showing Light being paranoid beforehand would kill the pacing and only be necessary for the set up of something that can easily be explained with a flashback
Doing it this way doesn't just kill the suspense either it also removes the element of surprise
Imagine if they explained Light's memory gambit beforehand, or introduce Misa before she made her big mess at Sakura tv
You have no idea what you're talking about
Publisher meddling

Why do normalfags believe Death Note and HxH have great writing?

>The one FBI agent investigating Light just so happens to be Japanese and be a former FBI agent herself who just so happens to have come along with him and just so happens to be aquainted with L
>Light just so happens to run into her in the exact moment she tries to contact the Kira investigation team which just so happens to be that one single moment where they met L and had no one available on stand-by
To be fair, the asspulls went both ways at least.

No. Doing something like that after getting the death note makes sense although I have a hard time picturing Light actually destroying the notebook with the drawer set up

Not even an asspull

itt: retards who don't know what an asspull is

That's not an asspull that's fucking OCD for asocials and I did that kind of shit too as a teenager