Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS

As of now Revolver Vs Soulburner is the best duel in VRAINS. Does Playmaker Vs Ai has what it takes to surpass it?

Attached: EDKS50KUUAA5cJ9.jpg (680x383, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/mong2907/status/1167156785993531392
m.imgur.com/gallery/14NovdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8YFj9Q1ne88
youtube.com/watch?v=gulH70iDAys
youtube.com/watch?v=GfinK5yai28
youtube.com/watch?v=N9begsY87oI
youtube.com/watch?v=svMoIZYwVU4
youtube.com/watch?v=IWVLAxnClUM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm gonna mis them so fucking badly.

KAZ LOVES MARVEL MORE THAN YU-GI-OH

Attached: 1405916565429.jpg (723x668, 161K)

Drive me into a corner, Playmaker.

Attached: Keep Aighting.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

Is it me or does VRAINS feel kinda rushed? Like it's being cancelled. For fuck sakes, fucking Zexal had a really shitty first half but was extended for a second one. I feel a ton of promise with AI the pseudo antagonist with maybe Pandor becoming the true big bad was the plan but now it seems they are rushing the Playmaker vs AI fight and end the series without even having the next YGO series ready. This screams of rush job.

Come on if you dare, seize the wind, Playmaker!

Kek
It took me a while since it's been so long since I've seen the ape movies

Rushed? Yes. Cancelled? No. Otherwise, it would flat out stop airing without any conclusion whatsoever. They likely planned its end beforehand when they thought they wouldn't make it out alive from the production hell they were in right after Arc-V.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have a different team work on the sequel? You can then switch people around so they dont get burned out.

it feels like the anime version of a manga getting axed

If they REALLY don't want YGO 7 to end horribly like Arc-V or half-assed like Vrains, finishing what they have pending to then fully focus on the priority is the best thing to do. Can't say divide and conquer right now is the best since we don't know the conditions they are in.

He clearly loves both and we sure love him for making ygo so Western friendly. Westaboo Japanese are the best Japanese.

Attached: Kaz interview 4.jpg (800x1262, 227K)

It feels extremely rushed. If Playmaker vs AI was the original ending then things like Pandor for example make no sense. Pandor was set up for all intents and purposes as the actual big bad. An AI that can duplicate itself and is supposed to not break the rules of robotics is classic AI turn rouge. I feel they originally wanted Pandor to be the big bad but production issues meant they had to cut VRAINS down. Everything feels like extremely rushed. As if they are going through a checklist of things.

I can't wait to see the new universe of ygo. Super DM sounds boring af.

>yfw YGO7 is a legacy/crossover series

Attached: YAMERO.webm (1280x720, 731K)

What if Series 7 is actually VRAINS 2?

Think about it. Konami has barely enough time shilling Links. They changed the game quite a bit for the LINKs series to be over in a flash. No, I bet there's going to be a VRAINS 2!

Based i want to see Yuya and Yuzu again

Attached: 12345676543.jpg (919x650, 72K)

It would be funnier if you were serious

Attached: 1482130199564.png (720x418, 433K)

They'll overhype by putting 20 everywhere.

Add in the 25th anniversary of the franchise in 2021 as well.

From a business decision Konami must be fuming. They are the sponsors and they expect their investment on the Anime to properly promote the card game. Imagine if you rehaul the card game only for the anime promoting said card game to burn itself out long before you are ready to release the new update to the card game.

I'm out
By that point arc v wouldnt even have the silver lining of making the pds avoid legacy characters for several years

Using links doesnt mean the characters and story will be tied to vrains' world

Nah I think they'd be understanding to an extent. Anyone with half a brain can see the struggle with yugioh animal's production right now

Links arent even mythologically tied to anything in vrains. It's just a frequently used summoning method

Do you think they'll have any more words for each other?

Attached: 1547640542754.jpg (1920x1080, 293K)

Despite its issues it is 1 in a million for yugioh to be such a long lived franchise. Started out because kaz was inspired by mtg but morphed into something completely distinct as a game

>fujogayshitvulva duels
>good
nah

Please give me a hot dog and keep the change Fujiki Kun

Attached: 1523444146333.jpg (1024x576, 105K)

Fuck off

>best duel in vrains
man vrains was really meh in everything.
Disgusting I hope the new anime is better.

VRAINS doesn't seem to repeat any small thing like that really.

Legacy characters ruined arcV.

TWO TIMES

I hope it's a DM sequel/remake but Kaiba is the main character instead of Yugi.

I ONLY DUEL TO WIN

Attached: Jack Atlas.png (1280x720, 793K)

The idea makes me so tired because the chances they can pull it off are so tiny

You already had the DSOD movie which already created more plot holes and inconsistencies than it should have. We don't need anymore that could potentially ruin an already finished story.

>vrains ending
>want to start playing the game to keep myself busy until ygo7 starts
>can go to either /dlg/ or /dng/
>/dlg/ which is nostalgia boomers general
>/dng/ which is pro 5dfags general
which one of these would be a fitting home for a zexalFag ?

God I wanna pin her down and make out with her all over

>misplay shitshow
>best anything
Best duel is still Akira vs PM

Just buy Link Evolution and play that until YGO7 starts

/dlg/. Zexal world (tm) is coming soon. I promise

but that's just a repackaged game not worth the money desu

Half of /dng/ doesn't even care about the anime

Why did they even do that? It's not like ArcV was doing badly to try and pa der the nostalfags.

>serieswar autist
Stay away from both generals.

It is if you are an animefag

To shill cards of course

Attached: 1451129220110.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

Which one was the best?

Attached: 76241741_p10.jpg (970x1074, 876K)

I hope they fix the duels. Duels nowadays are just so drawn out and boring I can't even be bothered to pay attention. But I don't want simple duels like Zexal's protect the castle duels. Something like Kaiba v hologram Atem from DSOD is the perfect duel imo from a pacing and mechanic standpoint. There's strategy involved but it's not overtly complex or solitaire-esque and it's brisk enough you don't lose your patience.

>SOL is bad
>No u
>Best anything

Attached: Bird vs Bird.jpg (1024x576, 95K)

Angel

Too bad for you, Hikokubo is here as the duel writer as long as he lives.

Attached: Yu-Gi-Oh Writer Band.jpg (800x450, 58K)

I agree Akira Vs PM is one of the best duels in VRAINS but it doesn't hold a candle to SB vs RV

Attached: EDFPxn6UYAAwDiB.jpg (688x2906, 231K)

I hope the sales were worth ruining what could have easily been the best ygo series of all times.

Blue angel was cute
Blue maiden a uggo

To them that's obviously a yes.

>implying konami cares
they just want to sell cards user virtual or real

One of the main problems is the fact that Hikokubo writes duels using modern decks, but the only forms of disruption he makes use of are still fancy negate attacks. Like, holy shit, can't he at least come up with a fancy trap hole or handtrap every once in a while?
Another problem is that we are WAY past the point when the anime should have adopted 8k LP so that players can tank some attacks instead of risking getting OTK'd every single turn (what incentives fancy negate attacks even more)

Card game sales only went up in the last 6 years. They definitely felt the backlash from the whole Nico fiasco, but they didn't lose any money from it.

>we are WAY past the point when the anime should have adopted 8k LP
not him but raising the LP to 8K makes it impossible to shill duel links in the show and konami doesn't want that to happen

better than
>I PROMISE TO END YOU DARK IGNIS
>I'LL HANDLE THE DARK IGNIS
>PROMISE? WHAT PROMISE? I'M A THERAPIST NOW

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS - 111 [720p].mkv_snapshot_21.32_[2019.07.24_23.36.48].jpg (1280x1440, 300K)

sb vs gayshitvulva is shit, only carried by soulburner

The best duel was Blue Angel vs Prototype AI-B.

Duel links also needs 8k LP already, so it's perfect

>Had Marincess Wave to disrupt whatever Ai had
>Doesn't use it until its too late

Attached: 1470913619044.jpg (750x410, 60K)

Here's your handtrap bro

Attached: BreakHydradrive-JP-Anime-VR.png (479x697, 756K)

making duel links have 8k is not that simple the game is not built to be like the tcg where it can handle 8k lp

Will the next series have speed duels?

Break Hydradrive
[ Cyberse / Effect ]
If your opponent activates a card or effect that Tributes a monster(s) while you control a "Hydradrive" monster (Quick Effect): You can send this card from your hand to the GY; negate the activation, and if you do, inflict 800 damage to your opponent. If a "Hydradrive" monster(s) is Special Summoned to your field while this card is in your GY: You can Special Summon this card, but banish it when it leaves the field.

Even using this more than once just for its Special Summom effect would have been more believeable than Bohman topdecking 2-3 Boosters in most of his Duels.

I think soulburner should have been the main villain of season 2.

What about giving Bohman a ROTA for Hydradrives?

I love this image. They both look so free.

Don't you ever go to bed and think to yourself what could have been?

Attached: 53944823_p0.jpg (1066x1500, 570K)

You're asking too much of poor ol hikokubo

Attached: HydradriveUtilization-JP-Anime-VR.png (882x1467, 1.27M)

Source for the art?

A better Reutilization would have been enough. And to search the Spells/Traps too.

I hope the next series has Links and focuses on them like VRAINS yeah. I don't necessarily need it to be a part of VRAINS narrative though. I wouldn't care regardless, but I doubt that'll be the case. VRAINS colors are blue and red, and the YGO7 logo was gold.

Witness my trap card

Attached: MarincessBubbleCircle-JP-Anime-VR.png (584x993, 677K)

pds?

Often. I wanted my Yuri / Ken Ichijoji arc.

I wanted Yuya to abate Yuri's loneliness.

I wanted a Plant-type Flame Wingman.

I wanted Yuri and Yuya to become Johan and Judai 2.0 and do a Pendulum Fusion.

They put in way too much effort into the art than it deserves

Marincess deserve good art regardless.

Attached: 1566689156723.jpg (783x1200, 168K)

>YGO7 logo was gold.
Oh crap, my crappy meme about Gold MR5 cards has a slight possibility to happen

twitter.com/mong2907/status/1167156785993531392

Attached: EDEFwHrVAAES7ST.jpg (634x900, 107K)

This is my Bruja Blanca, say something nice about her.

Attached: 57014475_p0.jpg (1000x1532, 1.29M)

[ Cyberse / Effect ]
When this Attack Position card is targeted for an attack: You can change it to face-up Defense Position. If a monster(s) you control would be destroyed by a card effect, you can banish this card from your GY instead. If this card is banished: You can target 1 face-up monster you control; it gains 600 ATK. You can only use this effect of "Marincess Basilalima" once per turn.

Attached: MarincessBasilalima-JP-Anime-VR.png (529x772, 533K)

was the ban justified Yea Forums ?

Attached: 1635153212.png (372x44, 4K)

They really needed an xyz.

I don't think you know what a meme is.

Thanks user.

yes

You should kill yourself so none of these threads have to put up with you.

This should have been the first salamangreat card.

Attached: 1566994175913.png (593x866, 912K)

You nigger can always read/helping translate manga
m.imgur.com/gallery/14NovdQ

Attached: HWksons_d.jpg (640x967, 87K)

Not interested

Producers

>visuals for the next anime is announced
>it's pic related but in animated form
Thoughts?

Attached: 1543159330238.png (1280x720, 1.11M)

>no original designs
I'd say that would be a disaster.

Guess I'll take 3 years hiatus off this franchise then.

I'm out

Boring. Just recycling designs.

I think zigfried should be a legacy character.

Attached: 1567483716318.png (407x593, 544K)

What's his seiyuu doing nowadays?

Just binged the first 39 eps of arc v again...damn bros, this shit could’ve been so good

I'd fuck the sister

Episode 39 of vrains is cool.

Attached: mirror force.png (1280x738, 746K)

That's a given.

Attached: ECeC_dOWsAAQyPN.jpg (580x773, 83K)

I miss him

Attached: Sink into the abyss of bottomless despair.jpg (1280x720, 378K)

Attached: Revolver's terrifying card.webm (640x360, 2.59M)

The one that actually lets you play with xyz? Don't bring up anything about vrains in any of those generals, though.

Attached: 4b91fd44756c834b2bb3ddf138f709bc557c2b2e.jpg (729x1000, 364K)

compare between Yugi and MC, its like different franchise

Other cards have been banned for less havoc

I kinda want to list out all my favorite duels from each series and then binge watch them all in a few sittings
Maybe after vrains is done and theres no more weekly yugioh for a long while

I think it was some misguided attempt at celebrating the anniversary at the time because the whole different dimensions set up in arc v was a nice window for it on paper
In actual execution it turns out it fucking sucks if your writer seems to either be incapable of handling it or personally hates the idea and what he's asked to do with legacy chatacters

Valkyrie Sigrún
Level 9 LIGHT Fairy Effect Monster
2200 ATK / 2400 DEF
-You can only use each of this card name's (1) and (2) effects once per turn.
(1) If this card is in your hand: You can target 1 Spell/Trap you control; send it to the GY, and if you do, Special Summon this card. (Ignition)
(2) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 8 or lower "Valkyrie" monster from your hand or GY. (Trigger)

You won't believe how many cards died for firewall's sin back then.

Attached: OCG Cannon Soldier.webm (450x252, 2.78M)

The sooner Links are gutted by MR5, the better

F

so where are the ratings for the episode?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS - 116 [720p]3.webm (800x450, 2.41M)

Is Firewall Dragon the worst ace card we have had?

Tomorrow we get new summary and the fate of VRAINS. How exciting. Good night anons.

Attached: yugioh-legacy-duelist-link-evo-hero.jpg (800x600, 171K)

I don't.

Worst as in introducing chaos to the meta? Otherwise in any other aspect we know Neos is worst

>really shitty first half
Dumb meme as fuck, considering all the amazing III/IV/Kaito duels were in first half.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS - 114 [720p]5.webm (800x450, 2.74M)

Later today.

Based.

I love that seemingly the game did pretty well. I want to believe we might get more and better games like the good old days. Remember to buy all the copies in your area, anons.

>buying nuKonami shit
>buying a reskinned Legacy of the Duelist
>buying a game that messes up with previous mechanics and forces you to run an extra deck even while playing the DM parts
>thinking this selling will suddenly make Konami make Tag Force/World Championship games and not shit out more low effort games

Attached: 1565826749922.png (713x720, 447K)

Better than ignoring it and konami feeling consoles are truly dead.

THERE IS HOPE

Attached: KonamiPlans.png (680x702, 231K)

Metal Gear Survive is proof that Konami cant no longer make good games, why else do you think their new Castlevania and Contra are just compilations of older games?

It's been only 3 years since konami made Saikyo card battle. Make it a full game,add more talking options and trow MR4 in it and it was the perfect game. They just have to do it.

>They just have to do it.
Konami just had to do a lot of things yet they dont

>Saikyo card battle
that shit is dead it's all down to duel links now

Duel links can't be relevant forever. Even pokemon saw the need to make a new game parallel to their most successful one.

Isnt konami trying to do something with AR? I doubt itll actually happen but I wonder if they'll ever attempt to make yugioh more 'premium' and flashy on the level of large esports events

>dead
It still lives on in the manga. Better than nothing.

Attached: SaikyoManga.jpg (2048x1152, 653K)

konami kept the card game relevant for 20 years they probably can do that for duel links too

This, if they ever felt like the game is declining they'll just go ahead and add stuff like XYZ to rekindle the flame

Dude, no one wants to work on YGO after what happened with ARC-V

>Pandor was set up for all intents and purposes as the actual big bad
Pfft
In any case they can always solve her case during the duel

They featured two ar duels in previous wcs but sadly this years' didn't have one. It was the event I was looking forward the most.

I do

VRAINBROS..!

Attached: 118 119.jpg (480x423, 74K)

Then learn jap and buy a plane ticket

WEEBS, TRANSLATE!

translate it weebs

I can't translate shit but It's ending in 11/18 it seems?

WHAT THE FUG

Just gave it a better look and it seems it's the summaries for the episodes airing the 11th and 18th of this month. Got excited for a while myself.

Why can't Japan make it a law to write furigana on kanji

They should romanize, honestly.

AAAA I WANT TRANSLATIONS I WANT TO KNOW I DEMAND IT I MUST IT

It's over

It clearly means they won't be revealing vrains finale episode yet so they added only 2 episode summaries instead of 5.

It's just about PM and Ai's duel. Talking about attacks and feelings and Ai being sad etc. The more notable part is in the seiyuu section because Flame, Bowman and Haru are there.

HARU?

Attached: HaruLookingAt(you).jpg (500x500, 25K)

>only 3 episodes
lmao can't even get 120

>Haru is STILL the key to a new world
VRAINS II CONFIRMED AHHHH

DON'T PLAY WITH MY FEELINGS LIKE THAT

>Ai is using Hydradrives now
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

It seems they are reviving all the ignis somehow. Haru and Bohman can only mean that.

Honestly, good. Everyone staying dead would be depressing as fuck. I don't want another Shun-tier ending with Ai.

All the ignis will be in Ai instead

Thank goodness, now I can write post series fanfics without needing to asspull them back myself.

An episode titled "Broken Ego" certainly won't be the final episode.

We're getting 120.

Attached: spoilerinos.png (666x584, 79K)

Playmaker really seems incapable of convincing anyone of anything

>Broken Ego
this ending will be worse than arc v

Talking never works, real duelists talk with their cards, only while dueling are you truly connected etc etc.

Not even a black screen was worse than Arc-V's ending.

Arcv's ending was terrible for how cynical it was in a meta way
I dont think yoshida holds that same cynicism, just laziness

Is it time we get human Aqua?

>F

>Ultimate Cyberse
Link-6? Or it will be like Dragrid/Darkfluid symbolizing the 6 Ignis despite being Link-5 and only holding the power of 5 of them?

If the duels are nothing like Jonouchi vs Valon, Hell Kaiser vs Johan, or Nasch vs Vector I don’t want to even hear about them

Hello there, Pandor.

Attached: Fi (Zelda).png (2000x2001, 1.77M)

Based

>make baby Satan laugh
>10 turns of set and pass
>all those dead friends EGAO

Yeah good luck surpassing that
I bet retards like haven't even watched Arc-V and just parrot shit trying too hard to meme

Attached: 1566961679661.jpg (1203x1080, 194K)

Hee probably found a way to recover erased data or something.

Highest ratings in forever

Attached: 35249B11-5CC2-46A3-A555-CB4A555E1C95.jpg (1334x750, 173K)

>7.5% meta players angry about "misplays".

This. Guy's got a proven track record already from past arcs he did. It's not gonna end in despair.

Didn't expect less from the best Duel and episode in VRAINS. This shit alone finally put VRAINS above ARC-V

Attached: 1567052845825.webm (720x404, 2.88M)

Really?

Attached: 1-36 ratings.jpg (1138x569, 49K)

If Playmaker vs Ai is anything like Playermaker's final turn vs Bohman but extended, yes.

>Jonouchi vs Valon
That armor shit was fucking retarded and there was absolutely nothing good about DOMA.

Attached: pray for piggu.jpg (440x600, 34K)

Based noh

Noh really did it. Congrats guys

Attached: 1567084235518.jpg (679x382, 58K)

This, vrains is mostly bland and bohman is terrible but not in a super logic bending way, just a vanilla kind of bad. Arc v's last few episodes pulled out all stops in retardation to cap off a baffling final third, vrains has nothing like that over the top 'shitposting in anime form' quality on that level

Wonder if Noh will actually touch non yugioh anime for once in his life over the next 6 months just to have something to do, or if he'll be involved with pre production to do pencil tests or whatever there is that can be done by an animator

7.5% seething revulvatards, based nips being soulburnerchads

>Appears for one last time...

Attached: HydradriveBooster.jpg (1024x575, 42K)

>just to have something to do
He's hired by Gallop and not a freelancer right? Do they have other anime airing in the next two seasons?

>Flashback episode
Rejoice, recap-kun is with us until the end!

Soulburner was one of the biggest causes of that decline in the first place.

That's a funny way of spelling Bohman, Haru and terrible plot

you better be mememeing

Yeah hes in house, but when ebina was still there he was still able to moonlight for other short gigs. Idk if him being a native korean is an obstacle to him or not tho outside of gallop

>Ratings only matter when it's convenient

Attached: LmAoNoBoDyCaReS.png (997x104, 20K)

Bohman wasn't featuring in episodes 49-56, and it kept going down.

Out of curiosity what was the ratings for the Yuya vs Dennis duel

Haru>>Roboppy

Roboppy sucks ass

All of this thread is that one user? I think it's more like noting that vrains managed to do 1 thing decently before it ends, since we dont know if yusaku v ai will be any good

>Idk if him being a native korean is an obstacle to him or not tho outside of gallop
Ah, right. That could pose an issue too. I've no clue how jp work visas are like.

I agree Roboppy could have been so much more and didn't lived up to the hype but liking Haru more than him should be a crime. Haru was as much of a snorefest as Bohman. At least Bohman was somewhat relevant

Whoops

>I think it's more like noting that vrains managed to do 1 thing decently
Just 1 thing?

1 is bad and 5 is good by the way.

>Reading it wrong
More like everyone wasn't satisifed

Itd be one thing if he was still part of a korean outsource team working on whatever his korean studio picks up, but theres very few koreans who freelance the same way as most jap key animators. Mappa also has an in house Korean animator (turned director one time), but iirc his situation was also that he's firmly in the hold of mappa when it comes to employment

That user isnt wrong tho. Lukewarm ratings that are tinged with a dose of disdain is nowhere near as fun as meme hivemind sub 10% ratings

Haru at least looked cute. Crime my ass, if anything it should be a crime to not give more screentime to him.

Attached: ItsFinallyMyTimeToDoSomething.png (1920x1080, 1.17M)

You’ve probably seen all the atrocious bullshit in Zexal and the kino that is DOMA gets you butthurt?

Don't reply to him, he's a pathetic "filler=bad" fag. DOMA had some of the best animation in all of DM.

Don't quite a few people mock DOMA for its storyline though?

>Mappa also has an in house Korean animator
Interesting, do you remember who? I like Mappa but I don't pay as close attention to them.

Reminder that vrains took the wrong route.

Attached: Lost incident children.jpg (700x700, 121K)

It's not different than your ordinary YGO spinoff storyline.

wait is that why the Millennium World arc looked like garbage?
fuck DOMA

How can anyone unironically dislike DOMA? It gave us one of the highlights of anime history : DORO MONSTA CADO!

Dartz was just an awful villian. I loved Virtual World and KC Cup though. Noah and Siegfried were kino as fuck. I haven't even seen Zexal, but if it's more goofy body armor shit no thanks.

Song ho park, director of garo vanishing line
Actually I think I confused him for someone else since it seems like he managed to get around. Although he also has experience as a production assistant on top of his animation work

>he doesn't like armors
You are missing out big time, faggot.

Attached: Cocco neis-Tri armor.png (599x444, 428K)

It's just going to end in generic mythological bullshit. Maybe. Good thing is I don't know or care enough about Vrains to realize how horrible the ending is!

Maybe it was the movie.

The heck are you even doing here then? Don't reply to me you weirdo.

Millennium world was when the studio was transitioning to working on eyeshield 21 and all yugioh production for gx was moving to their korean branch. So millennium world arc got caught in the strange middle I guess

So.... That's it? No more spoilers for today?

Wait for Saturday.

>I haven't seen but no thanks its bad I'll just be shitposting about it on Yea Forums

Cringe.

No goofy body armor shit unless you somehow don't like DBZ scouters.

>He then make a suggestion to Playmaker
Will it be go fuck yourself? I think it's sound advice for him.

Thanks man. Gotta pay more attention to staff working on things I like.

In half an hour there's the cast list of next week's ep, but that's about it.

Isn't the fact that this episode got a good rating means that Nips genuinely dislike the last few previous episodes instead of a mere kneejerk reaction?

I remember thinking the premise of dartz and Atlantis was retarded but it was a really long time ago

There's probably feelings of genuine dissatisfaction among them, yes

I wouldn't use Nico to represent japanese people as a whole.

He had the misfortune of being in "Nobody's Allowed To Do Anything: The Season".

Attached: I'm gonna do somethi- no, nevermind.webm (1280x720, 1.2M)

I wouldn't put too much stock into it. It's a delayed stream anyway, the ones that do like the show probably already saw it on TV live. This recent ep just managed to win the less enthusiastic ones over.

>Good ratings
Those weren't good ratings. What the fuck are you on?

Post Vrains memes

Attached: Sketchcolor proj11.jpg (1280x720, 228K)

I miss him

Attached: Firewall Dragon.webm (640x360, 2.95M)

Attached: 1566933287371.jpg (400x225, 27K)

The ones who like it the most are bothering to watch the stream, I'm betting it's the 2nd watch for many of them. That's how it is for most shows unless it's a hate watch like with arcv, and why nico ratings tend to be so strongly skewed to higher 80-100% ratings for the majority. Theres also the draw of weighing in your opinion even if you already watched.

Like I bet if for some reason ALL watchers of every kind of card game including yugioh tuned in for a recent vanguard ep the rating would actually dip because way more ppl than just the dedicated vanguard fans are weighing in, and vanguard isnt to everyone's taste. But for the dedicated fans they're satisfied

Attached: First Turn Play.webm (640x360, 2.79M)

Attached: 1564669382149.jpg (1500x837, 174K)

What are YOU on? It's a clear bump up from 40s-60s

I love this one.kek.

>The ones who like it the most are bothering to watch the stream, I'm betting it's the 2nd watch for many of them.
This seems weird and pointless. Why bother if you've already seen it once? It's not like they needs subs like we do. Only reason is if they deliberately want the experience of reading nico comments or something, which I can sort of understand.

>ratings
>Those
No, what the fuck are YOU on about? That user said the single latest episode got a good rating, which is true.

Attached: 1532326476145.png (690x1010, 186K)

I've watched an episode twice in the past of various anime if it was really good. Or like the highlight moments.
Nico watching can be entertaining for the community aspect with comments and voting, even if they already saw it on tv they can put the stream on in the background or 2nd monitor

Soon

Attached: 1536248051729.png (671x337, 224K)

Crashing link vrains with no survivors.

Attached: banevolver.png (1280x706, 599K)

I miss him

Everyone who wasn't his father survived.

Attached: Revolver's Hot Dogs.jpg (717x1200, 146K)

CLOCKED

Attached: Cyberse Clock Dragon.png (435x225, 223K)

Attached: 1558532821925.png (1924x720, 740K)

Reminder

Attached: Ghost gyaru.jpg (500x551, 197K)

Also the point is still that past the first couple episodes of an anime only the ones who like it the most are still tuning in afterwards up to the end. Otherwise, the majority of scores wouldnt skew so high on nico. I'm betting anons in here wouldnt personally rate vanguard as high as 8.5/10 even though the jap vanguard fans like it that much

One day

Attached: 1506143036337.jpg (900x503, 209K)

Attached: Jin watching Gx.jpg (1124x1262, 177K)

Episode 118: 無謀な提案 – Mubō na Teian
(A Reckless Proposal)
Playmaker barely manages to fend off Ai's attacks. Having found an opening, Playmaker attempts to launch an attack against Ai. However, Ai knows Playmaker inside and out, and can predict everything he will do. Ai then unites the feelings of all the Ignises, and brings about the advent of the ultimate Cyberse monster.

Cast:
Fujiki Yusaku/Playmaker: Ishige Shoya
Ai: Sakurai Takahiro
Kusanagi Shoichi: Kimura Subaru
Extras

Script: 吉田伸 || Yoshida Shin

Episode 119: 壊れゆく自我 – Kowareyuku Jiga
(A Broken Ego)
Having learned about Ai's sorrow, Playmaker tries to convince him to stop the battle. However, Ai has already made up his mind, and won't back down no matter what. Ai then makes a proposal to Playmaker.

Attached: Clusterfuck Crisps.jpg (723x1115, 205K)

PURAYMAKER

Attached: I came here to laugh at you.jpg (1280x720, 407K)

Attached: Mirror Force Transcends Human Intellect.jpg (750x1086, 288K)

>Why bother if you've already seen it once?
What part of 'dedicated fans' do you not understand? Have you seriously never ever liked any single anime enough or a single episode to rewatch? I've probably seen shun v sora like 4 times by now

HYPE!

Attached: Yusaku what.png (1280x738, 692K)

@Ignister soon

Attached: 1559406754709.webm (640x360, 2.83M)

CHECK THEM

No animation directors?

It's the tranlated spoil from before

>Also the point is still that past the first couple episodes of an anime only the ones who like it the most are still tuning in afterwards
That's a good point. But I still probably won't take the 2k or so votes seriously.

Only times I rewatched ygo was out of necessity (4 times, from blurry livestream to HD raws to other subs to eng subs).

Link 4 @Ignister confirmed.

Did playmaker need a tag duel?

Arcv was only pulling 8 to 10k but the backlash apparently still left a mark on the producers. Maybe because nico ratings happened to become the most publicly visible measure and face is important in east asia, even if the sample of viewers are completely self selected. The ones who vote are probably aware of this.
Although in arc v's case there was probably twitter harrassment and trolling as well, plus the fervent activity of 2ch arcv hate threads

The greatest darkfluid turbo. Quantum would be wind pegasus.

Attached: 4 counter Darkfluid + update jammer + equip for double.png (1313x979, 1.9M)

>Ai then makes a proposal to Playmaker.

bros... what if Playmaker... loses his final duel?!?!

Attached: Playmaker only duels to win.jpg (1200x675, 60K)

Would @Ignisters have good synergy with Mathmech?

>Maybe because nico ratings happened to become the most publicly visible measure
All around unfortunate timing tb h. Arc-V was the first on nico right? (At least, I don't remember this with Zexal) I wonder if they regretted agreeing to whatever deal with nico it was.

>Making your opponent sit through that
The OCG can't get Nibiru soon enough.

Yeah arcv was the first yugioh on nico. At the time they were simply following suit to what most other anime were doing by putting up nico airings.
Arcv and that botched kemono friend season are probably the most prominent examples of fans and/or hatewatchers consciously knowing that nico is the most visible platform to get their judgement seen

They have great synergy with code talkers and mathmechs. You can mash all of them together to remove cards with light dragon and wind pegasus before making darkfluid.

Attached: cyberse mash.png (1313x984, 1.62M)

Attached: EDjR0lqXsAMAhPM.png (237x351, 185K)

Ai is evil. He CANNOT win.

That's our Kazuzi! Long live the west!

>Jounouchi and Mai

>Jou and Mai
Nice. I love easter eggs

if Jou and Mai is canon then Jou is fucking based to be the first guy to slay a cake.

We wish...

I think Mai is 24.

Attached: image%3A111946.jpg (1684x1191, 156K)

Is Yoshida legitimately homosexual?

Attached: IMG_20190903_120540452.jpg (3024x4032, 2.73M)

And?

clearly a proposal to end the duel.

Attached: 1566896253220.png (720x840, 263K)

>could’ve done VRAINS manga
>sells out to do capeshit

Yikes

>DM Super is actually happening right now
>But not like any of us expected it

Absolutely based.

>cake

>GODzuki wasting his valuable time on something as obscure and unpopular as
vrains

yikes I hope this is bait

it's just a two parter.

Hes either coincidentally talking from an aesthetic perspective (or joking), or is the least secretive homo working in anime, which wouldnt be that surprising.

Super DM*

>god
>makes his manga an ad for a card game

>Sora
BASED shotafriend

Attached: 7ba30c907708307ade3bed18696e1f34--pinterest.jpg (236x495, 19K)

Yeah, based right?

Why is it funny to me that yugioh writers represent themselves with an avatar of a depressant drug

>ad for card game
>final arc has no card games

Now show me a spinoff doing the same. Face it, Chadzuki can bend the reality and BTFO the higher-ups to do as he pleases.

Attached: MilleniumWorld.png (334x505, 424K)

They acknowledge fujos make a decent chunk of the fanbase.

I think kaz would rather let one of his colleagues take that monthly paycheck, which is basically what he did for his former assistants

Since when does depression relate to shining champagne bottles?

>final arc has no card games
It has 3.

If he was an actual homo he wouldn't have stopped at just subtext

Joey vs Bakura counts?

I dont think you know the meaning of 'depressant drug'. Hint: it's not the exact same as 'depressing'

I count it.

Why Won't Miyoshi do it? He is about tied with Kaz in art. Any news about him?

Now I'm convinced Roboppy was a female until Yoshida came and decided to make a Sora clone

Nips love drinking alcohol. ZUN, the creator of Touhou, loves beer and it is widely know.

You cant be actually explicitly homo with kids shounen. Even togashi the man with a free pass and advocate for gays has certain boundaries he cant cross

He always used masculine pronouns.

Because the execs dont want a vrains manga which is why the new meta-ish card game focused one is being made instead
I dont think anyone knows where miyoshi is. Maybe he got picked up by another author

Wouldn't happen unless that manga sold hundreds of thousands of volumes.

This. Also didn't he always call Ai "aniki" instead of "onii-chan" like a good girl would

but now on a serious note, I suppose most big card spenders are "adult" TCG players, so why not just make the anime aimed towards them. I don't see how link monsters could appeal to kids who just want to have dumb fun like with the egyptian gods.

>24 isn't a cake
What?

Because they're already spending money for the sake of the game and are hooked, not because they continue to watch the anime. It's much harder to impress a lot of adults with a weekly anime of they're not already into yugioh

But the ones they dont have in their net yet are a bunch of young kids approaching 7 years old and their parents' money, who might be open to turning on the tv and checking out the show

It's still a card game aimed at children.

Yes, that would be the case.

Because they’ll lose the sponsors they currently have if they go for an older crowd. Kids have more potential to add new blood to the fan base and more money because of their parents.

I always figured that the YGO anime was like Pokemon where they want to keep bringing in new generations of kids and don't expect them to watch more than one season.

Not that user, but only girls older than 25 are cakes. This is implicit in the name (Christmas Cake, aka December 25).

because they can't write an adult oriented anime that would last ~130 episodes.

Adults usually solve things quickly and rationally. It's only the kids being incompetent is why YGO seasons are so long.

Look at 5D's S1, it was adult oriented, and it ended in 26 episodes. Dark Signers were made up and prolonged it to 52. Yliaster was more of a childish season already so it lasted twice as long.

>Look at 5D's S1, it was adult oriented, and it ended in 26 episodes. Dark Signers were made up and prolonged it to 52.
This all sounds wrong.

What a retard. It's as if you weren't watching vrains at all. Practically half of s2 happened in like a day from them getting into the mirror link vrains to Yusaku defeating Bohman.

It is. At most they angle to somewhat follow a generation of kids as they approach teenhood like the gx - 5ds transition, but the key word is approach, as they still imagine the audience to be tweens at most.
By the time I hit about 14, much more heavy hitting shows like FMA were the norm for me. Yugioh anime is more of an outlier compared to what I usually watch every season.

It is since dark signers were part of kaz's original 5ds concepts during pre production

Also dark signers still got edgy for yugioh. Like kiryu being a terrorist who got beat in jail, and bomber & carly dying on screen from hanging or falling.
Although older kids and teens in japan would've already seen worse (plus visible blood) from shows like naruto or bleach

The later half of 5Ds is even more serious. GX season 4 and ark cradle are borderline.

>much more heavy hitting shows like FMA
isn't that another shonen?

Shouldve said shounen that's allowed to show blood and slight body horror once in a while. I was also into the hellsing manga and trigun at the time

Yugioh could, they probably just think it would hurt sales.

Attached: revolver arm burst.png (1280x738, 1.02M)

It's often some kind of workaround like digital or robot bodies, and they only did that a few rare times. Like how samurai jack got around the censorship issue during fights with 'every enemy is a robot'

I mean it's fine in a show where on paper the card games take the place of violent fights and become the judge of who gets the consequences. The real issue arises when it's like the card game outcomes completely stop mattering like in several spots of fusion arc

Attached: 1548470065136.png (839x1140, 761K)

Also I think ppl trying to measure maturity or pale attempts at trying to cover their ass for watching what's ultimately a kids anime with "but this edgy-ish thing happened" are missing the point.
What separates yugioh anime for me from other toyetic kids shows is how some of the staff like the storyboarders and some animation directors have genuine finesse in their work and dont just take the super stock-looking route. And for better or worse yugioh anime tends to have somewhat weirder things going on

>watching vrains

>hating on vrains without even watching it
You have to go back

just a creep.

Attached: 1566533683114.jpg (2560x1440, 817K)

Reminder that regardless of what happened with the show, there are still lots of hardcore arcV fans.

Attached: ArcVCollection.jpg (1200x1069, 394K)

Standard was wholesome

Every fucking thread shows that. Fuck out of here, you creeps.

>Cast
Yay, no penaut gallery.
>Ultimate Cyberse
HYPE!

I swear these threads attract the dumbest people.

I miss her

Attached: 479e651bc6a27f497daadc22af30ba56.jpg (854x480, 45K)

Oh look! It's Yuya's mom!

cool, do you have a decklist?

shut the fuck up

most tcg players don't really care for the anime they only watched Dm when growing up or 5ds all they want is too play the game

Yoshida took our "Evangelion of Card Games" joke too literally

I never got how she and the Ruris are supposed to look identical.

Right down to teh rei defeating the reviving monsters after Father of The Year fucks up his convoluted plan.

Same way Shadow the Hedgehog is supposed to look like Sonic.

Well, it's nice they didn't. Rin, Ruri and Serena would look too boring if they were just Yuzu with another color palette.

What about Kusanagi?

I mean, like, I know, but in story they're supposed to look identical.

Better 1 witness then various. It was fucking tedious during the last Bohman Duel.

Imagine the intense sex with Yusho so he can shoot Yuya into Yuzu.

That's not how that works.

Attached: question.png (1280x738, 566K)

I SAID SHUT THE FUCK UUUUUUUUUUP

Attached: 300px-YuyaGoesBeserk.png (300x168, 84K)

It surely was because of a Director's choice. To not make them confusing (and boring to look at) to the audience.

Link-6 Code Talker here we go.

This list can go 1st quite well by setting up excode talker + avramax with conflict + superfactorial or go 2nd with final sigma or 2 counter darkfluid + update jammer OTKs after removing 2 monsters with light dragon. Just waiting on wind pegasus for now to remove 3 monsters and 3 spell/traps before going into darkfluid since it works well with red reboot. Final Sigma can hit sphere mode since he's unaffected and a single nabla + any cyberse is all you need to get him out as a double attacking 6K that deals doubled damage by summon multiplier from the deck. Hitting the sphere for 12000 in the same turn with final sigma is quite based since even if you have no normal summon you can use optimize for an extra normal and summon the mathmechs from hand to make d'Alembertian for the OTK.
I've also got a dedicated 4 counter darkfluid + update jammer OTK build that is quite easy to pull off but that's fully go 2nd.

Attached: Zan-Ki Code Talkers @Ignister.png (930x804, 1.27M)

Oh, look! It's Yusei's best friend!

Attached: Sect_Profile.png (350x448, 318K)

Oh, look! It's everyone's best friend!

Attached: Crow_Hogan_(ARC-V).png (1280x720, 514K)

Will they ever get together again?

Attached: Ai Yusaku cute partnership.jpg (915x906, 232K)

I mean what I would have done is have Shun be like "THAT GIRL... SHE LOOKS DIFFERENT, BUT STILL, SHE REMINDS ME SO MUCH OF..."

and then the Ruri sperging would commence. One slight adjustment to not make us think YGO characters are colorblind or aliens that don't actually use eyes to see

Why did they print a million of these cards for Zigfried of all villains?

this trash is made for duel links

I don't know, maybe Yusaku could have an Ai Mk II or something.

>Killing him then immediately replacing him
I expect the ending to be shit, but that's a little too much.

I doubt Yusaku would just give up on AI in general. I also doubt Ai would just give up either. Kind of an impasse.

Better idea for the finale
>Yusaku defeats Ai
>Ai gets deleted/self terminates to be in Ignis heaven
>Big timeskip
>Yusaku is shown as a researcher and the last thing we see is that he's looking into developing a new AI based on Ai(we see his eye on the center of the screen or something)

Chad Ai or Chadsaku? Place your bets, Yea Forums.

Attached: Yusaku vs Ai.jpg (1362x521, 563K)

>Sect
I don't know what they were thinking.

Is the manga translated? I don't follow any capeshit but after flipping through the pages and seeing Kaz's art, it got my interest. Also it's pretty funny that the villain is some dude with cards.

Chadsaku but Ai is also quite powerful

Attached: chadsaku.png (960x540, 530K)

I think it just released. I don't know if there's anyone who even has interest in translating that stuff.

Also, there's another Jou appearance.

I hope someone does. It's in full color too, would be a shame if it got overlooked.

Attached: Screen Shot.png (958x478, 940K)

Playmaker has the best MC theme
youtube.com/watch?v=8YFj9Q1ne88

Attached: Ep001_Close_up_of_Playmarker.png (1280x720, 645K)

Pandor.

November 18th is a Monday so no go.

>posts the same image over and over again
>shitty shipfag photo to boot

Yuya is worst protagonist.

It's definitely the most jazzy.

I think Yusei's theme still wins in terms of hype. He also gets like two of them.

It's great but I think Yugi's and Judai's are still better.

Eh I still dont think the orchestral bend of the ost matches the whole VR thing that well. I rarely feel thar excited from it, only in rare times like last ep

Yusei has like 4 I think.
Gee Yusei how come Konami let's you have that many.

youtube.com/watch?v=gulH70iDAys

is great because it definitely feels like a protag struggling with someone while riding a motorcycle really fast

Yeah the soundtrack doesn't really has that VR vibe, except a few tracks here and there.
Thought they're really good tracks by themselves.
Go's theme is still really good
youtube.com/watch?v=GfinK5yai28

It's indeed a powerful theme. Stuck between yusaku and yusei while judai comes close.
youtube.com/watch?v=N9begsY87oI
youtube.com/watch?v=svMoIZYwVU4

Attached: CHADMAKER.gif (540x275, 2.03M)

Not only that, he's the only one with an insert song too, if you want to count Clear Mind as his.

Season 1 of VRAINS might be one of my favorite seasons of the new trilogy of spinoffs (Zexal, Arc V and Vrains)
The duels with skills, the setting, the mystery of Yusaku's past and the build up to the Tower of Hanoi was really good. It's one of the things that makes me glad VRAINS happened.

no it's a Wednesday. but the title doesn't fit a last episode though.

The ost reminds me a bit of the kid icarus uprising ost but toned down a little. The difference is that's a video game involving an ancient setting
Maybe the vrains ost is better if it was looping in the background of a video game. Either way I hope the next one has more oomph to it if nothing else

To be honest, VRAINS detached itself from it's initial premise pretty fast.
youtube.com/watch?v=IWVLAxnClUM
Listen to this, it's Blue Angel's theme. It feels completely out of place knowing where the series is right now.

What a fun over the top theme for a character who never gets to be over the top and fun

But she was as blue angel, did you watch any of her episodes?

Once VRAINS is completely done and over with, I will rewatch it in it's entirety.
Right now I'm listening to With the wind and Believe in magic and I love them.

>first duel was brainwashed
>then she dueled against some emotionless Ais
>then against a virus spreading woman
>then against a tree loving insane man

She didn't have an opportunity to act fun.

I wonder which high iq genius decided to make the original premise of vrains apparently too close to arc v to the point they deemed it unusable when shit went down

CHAid, unless Pandor assists PM in asspulling his Final Boss.

Pandora is an interesting character. She's a traditional mythological figure, so Yoshida might make her the final boss, but she IS a woman, so maybe he just sticks even closer to the greek myth and has her release some other final boss out of nowhere.

And then she's the "hope" that PM uses to beat the final boss, since "hope" is all that's left in the box after Pandora opens it

There is literally no time left for her to be the final boss, Ai vs Yusaku is the last duel.

You don't need filler to act fun and over the top. I seriously don't think you actually remember what happens.

Attached: holy blessing.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

>acting all fun against some emotionless AI
really drags the whole thing down

What if Ai wants to go full Matrix and wants to pull a BOHMAN.exe again?

I meant as in Pandor somehow (since the 5 Link-5s we have gotten until now required so much to be made) giving PM a Link-6 to beat over Ai's Ultimate Cyberse.

Her breasts really fluctuated over the course of the season.

Attached: 1497448695105.jpg (1920x1080, 293K)

Oh well, yeah, she's hope. But I dunno man it's YGO anime they drop a lot of plot points

How are unsophisticated AI supposed to act? There's no problem with the scenario, your original assessment was just inaccurate.

The contrast is what makes it stand out more tb h.

He wants to become the benevolent AI dictator, which is why he needs sol and gave out good severance pay

That was just noh being cheeky
They redrew her chest when that ep aired in full lmao

I miss her too. But also all the Yus and Ruris.. Well except for Hugo.

Attached: images (5).jpg (602x509, 56K)

I think what he means is that we never see her act that way against the more "serious" villains, even when she wins like with Haru.

But I have only watched a few of her duels, PM duels, Revolver's duels, and Ai's duels. Arc-V sort of burnt me out on getting invested in characters.

>They redrew her chest when that ep aired
Total fags

Fuck off shipfag.

I won't, they almost killed the anime. Fuck them and FUCK YOU

They only erased the lines to make it less notorious, though.

>I think what he means is that we never see her act that way against the more "serious" villains
I don't think that's true.
>even when she wins like with Haru.
That was as blue maiden though.

Attached: blue angel.png (1280x720, 898K)

This. Yuyafaggots should be publically banned.

>never see her act that way against the more "serious" villains
Well the genki act was tied to her Blue Angel persona after all. Once that character arc was done she drops the act. Hence as Blue Maiden against Haru she's more serious.

Blue Maiden is so fucking boring. "Le I'm a woman now look at me being all womanly". Pathetic 1D character

Sounds like you've got issues to work out. I'd rather her drop that fake act, especially when the situation later isn't fitting at all.

You and me buddy

Attached: 12345323456546.png (1280x720, 805K)

You got that from my post?

Attached: 0cd6d4abfa13012199ec9187c9bf7dc1.image.500x500.jpg (500x500, 74K)

I personally prefer Yuto and Ruri

Attached: 1475606481680.png (553x800, 386K)

>He doesn't miss the most upbeat yu
You need a clear mind

Attached: Speedroids.jpg (1200x700, 1M)

>wow I'll post that one or two screenshots, maybe that'll show the people that they ARE a romantic couple and will have children, r-r-ight?

seethe more, your ship is dead like your series reputation

Attached: D_9iFUVX4AAcCr5.jpg (900x1200, 336K)

c u r s e d i m a g e

Maskerena soon?

Attached: 1566220039160.jpg (1226x722, 126K)

>Yuya/Yuzu ship dead
Hehe whatever helps you sleep at night user

Attached: 1467271317587.png (1280x720, 1.45M)

The manga is an alternate continuity, and as we see, Yuzu is very much a different character in it, tied to Yoshida's insane traditionalist approach(she likes money, ergo, she's Yuya's mother!)

So just because Yuzu and Manga Yuzu share the same appearance and name, they don't share the same identity.

>N-NO it's alive and fine
Tell me, what was their development in recent 3 years then? None, because they're buried and forgotten.

>Manga is different
You fags weren't saying this when the boob-grab page released. Thought your ship was 100% confirmed then, eh?

Soon for sure.

Attached: Maskerena.jpg (1500x1875, 600K)

It's been 3 years since ARC-V and they still haven't been surpassed. There's always YGO7 i guess

Attached: ARC-V Couples.webm (640x360, 392K)

>turd
>not surpassed

yeah, in being shitty and least liked protags.

>Serena and Yuri
You really have absolutely low standards for couples, alright.

>because they're buried and forgotten
As long as fanart keeps being made and Konami's Twitter ships them it won't be forgotten.

Attached: 1234565735765.png (500x288, 147K)

Wow buddy why so much hatred for such a wholesome pair?. You should EGAO

Attached: 12345323456.jpg (640x360, 104K)

>what was their development in recent 3 years
Never mind shipping, I don't think you understand how fiction works.

>muh fanart
>muh EMOJI

wow

So when I don't obsess over characters we're never going to see future of, I don't understand how fiction works?

Deal with it.

>Wholesome
Yuya ruined his series and Yuzu was absolutely useless damsel.

Meh Aoi and Yusaku work better as acquaintances more than anything else anyway

Attached: ec9c23fed7595ab2440d5827bc1bbf26.jpg (564x451, 54K)

Thread got hot

Attached: 1497732672756.jpg (1024x768, 155K)

Actually, I was saying it was a bit odd for Yuzu to be into money and not, say, dueling.

And also that it was odd the Ruris were nowhere to be found.

Samefag
Enjoy your shitty fanart, because that's the last thing you have.

What?

Attached: 1565551800065.gif (500x279, 301K)

Look at this TOTALLY well written ship, surely not carried in 99.9% by fanart and fanfics. Brilliant writing, Arc-V!

When can we get more great couplings like this one in Yugioh again?

Attached: 622c17492c1807efe41f6d60f0ccc4e0.jpg (782x782, 94K)

Because you seem to think they can do anything once their series is over. You know they're not real, right? That shipping is just something people do for fun?

Do people really ship Selena and Yuri?

Shippers gonna ship i guess. Because all the other counterparts were into each other people thought it would be the same here. Gotta admit tho, the theory of them being Yusaku's parents gives some funny content

Attached: 50024826_p2.png (400x480, 166K)

>Because you seem to think they can do anything once their series is over

Yes? If the series is successful, it can get OVAs, movies, or videogame post-anime stories. Literally happens to DM, GX and 5D's all the time.

It wasn't meant to be
You weren't here when arc-v was airing?

Attached: FATE.jpg (800x800, 499K)

Zexal is the third most popular Yugioh and hasn't gotten anything except for a shitty 3DS game though. Well at least ARC-V got a game

That reminds me, is arc-v the only show with more than 2 straight couples?

Attached: CtMXlE8VUAAfap_.jpg (1200x675, 87K)

>third most popular Yugioh
>when DM, GX and 5Ds exist
Delusional Zexalfag

Dilate, 5dstard. You can't deny the facts.

>shitty
The game is great though, way better than LoTD.

The only shit is burgers censored version of it.

Bring him back.

Attached: gonkey.jpg (944x539, 99K)

>Dartz was just an awful villian
You mean just like Bakura, Aporia, Zone, Faker, Don Thousand, all of Arc V, Bowman, and Ai? Oh say it ain’t so

HAHAHAHA 5Dsfag STILL believes his show is popular

Buddy, only a completely delusional faggot would think that 5Ds is beneath Zexal in terms of popularity.

>5D's
>Popular

Attached: 1503599460152.jpg (710x710, 55K)

It is though? You are making yourself look like a complete idiot here

>I haven't even seen Zexal, but if it's more goofy body armor shit no thanks
ZEXAL being Saint Seiya-lite is great, you tasteless cretin.

zexal is only like on Yea Forums and japan because it has lolis it's just a meme there's nothing more to it than that

I love VRAINS!

Attached: Takeru Yusaku.jpg (519x680, 103K)

Samefagging is pretty pathetic, but really just step outside your little echo chamber, it's clear DM, GX and 5Ds are the three top dogs in terms of popularity

Attached: Best boy.jpg (640x480, 40K)

More like edgy kids over here at the west regarded it as a silly show because of a meme. Zexal is great.

Why are 5dsfags so retarded?

>Zexal is great
only the second part

user, Zexal is incredibly popular in Japan. 5D's doesn't even come close

We only have a poll for protagonists. I wouldn't use them as proxies for the series either

Attached: 1564020995686.jpg (2387x2260, 607K)

Japan is the only region that matters in the grand scheme of things, and while the nips still liked 5D's, it was nowhere near as successful as some of its peers.

>Third most popular
>5D's
/dng/ is leaking i see

Attached: 1515701981509.jpg (1920x1080, 179K)

Samefagging shitposter

Zexal wasn't great because of Yuma, duh.

Attached: III by Cocco neis.png (800x800, 545K)

This. Anyone who says otherwise is just a shitposter.

>muh samefag boogeyman
Bro...

>Faggot literally seething when faced with the truth

So basically, every villain is shitty?

I didn't know the Zexalfag was this cancerous, I thought the Shitvulvafag was the most annoying one here.
Christ.

Attached: Keezooke.jpg (162x185, 7K)

>Samefagging just so you can start fanbase wars
Fuck off

Cute

Attached: 1480405141367.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

So Zexal is better and more popular than 5Ds and DM is shit, just read the manga, except watch the DOMA arc because it is good filler?

Both are the same dude and heavily disliked.

beach party episode soon.

Attached: 1567477488229.jpg (1000x587, 123K)

>DM is shit
I would agree with the Anime but even the Anime is more enjoyable than VRAINS

One of those is me. I am too lazy to screenshot. Think watever helps you sleep.

DM and GX has some pretty decent ones but yeah mostly everyone else was hot garbage

>Y-you are s-s-samefagging
Yeah yeah cope

Attached: 1513547510929.jpg (486x409, 45K)

Now this is some good ol butthurt

Too many touranment arcs.

They should go to DBS threads if they enjoy this kind of shittery, they would feel right at home.

Pegasus was good and I actually like the Big 5. If I was on Kaiba Corp's board of directors I'd be fucking pissed and try to kill Kaiba too.

Absolutely shitty meme.
>le it has edgy Vector so it's good now
Pathetic

Zexal isn't better. It was only more popular for new younger audiences but in the big picture it's not relevant with how it wasn't well recieved outside of japan and how the xyz era was a low point for yugioh.
We can discuss how Zexal is objectively the best series between the spin-offs but... who cares?
>the worst main character, obnoxious and unlikable.
>all the duels play around the same strategy (defend the castle). Yuma spams full Utopia till the end, there are situations where he could actually use another xyz.
>Astral and Yuma are too similar to Atem and Yugi as duo. The idea is a blatant recycle.
>gotta catch'em all -Numbers version-
>his friends are background noise, totally useless.
>ability to change cards even in the hand took the cake of best asspull in the Yugioh series.
>not enough Anna.
But
>Kaito and Shark are well developed throughout the series, along with the rest of the relevant cast.
>Yuma grows as both a character and a duelist throughout the series.
>Barians as villains have a good twist, not the classic evil guys at all.
>Tron family.
Personally I like how Zexal is the mix of a high stakes plot with an alien war, blurred loyalties and hard choices. The problem? It's a card game show with the worst choreography in duels, it resumes in 'if you kill my boss monster you win the duel'. GX, 5Ds and DM have better duels, variety of strategies, great characters and a decent plot to keep watching till the end.

It's hard to find numbers on these things. The best I can find is the tags on Pixiv, which point to it being
>5D's > ZEXAL > Arc-V > GX > VRAINS
but that's hardly an irrefutable representation of the Japanese fanbase. I wish so many artists hadn't jumped onto Twitter, which nickels and dimes any metrics they can.

>the worst main character, obnoxious and unlikable.

But that's Yuya? Yuma was an overly-optimistic kid who wanted to be friends with everyone.

Meanwhile Yuya was an annoying egao clown with ragefits and hypocrisy.

Watch DOMA, the canon arcs, and skip Noah’s arc. That’s about it I think

Among who, exactly? The niche as fuck western fandom that still by and large gets off to dub nostalgia and abridged memes?

Well there was never any gotta catch'em all in Pokemon anime. So Zexal did it better then, at least stayed true to its premise

Yuya was only bad for how they regressed him through the EGAO and seemingly threw out all of his development in the xyz, fusion and pendulum arc. He's bad but not as bad as yuma.

Too bad Vrains had absolutely no clue what status quo means

Attached: bluest eyes.png (640x480, 353K)

LittleKuriboh is fucking cringe. Now HANASE that's a good Yugioh meme.

5Ds got more appreciated over time so I have to agree

Attached: 5dend.png (640x362, 301K)

But that's wrong. Yuya was shit from episode 1. Pure clown faggotry = good, but optimistic kid = bad ?

Admit it, you say it just because Yuya looks "Cooler".

Attached: clown.png (1366x768, 1.52M)

Sure it did, everyone is subordinate to the protagonist.

They didn't even "catch 'em all". Number hunting is irrelevant by the time the WDC gets into full swing.

>But that's wrong. Yuya was shit from episode 1
Stop being contrarian

Why? His character never changed from Episode 1. Now that I've seen the entirety of Arc-V, I can deduce he had zero growth, and can safely say he's just all around bad.

literally the only good thing in the first part is just kaito

>still by and large gets off to dub nostalgia
Those are practically unexistant by now. Or do you think those people haven't seen a japanese sub in their lifes?? Just take a look at any fucking yugioh community, it's so fucking obvious I'm baffled by how people could even think Zexal is top 3

No because I watched both seasons twice and my 2nd run I especially focused on the MCs and yuma really only got good at the end of zexal while yuya had more moments where you felt like cheering on for him. He was never like yuma where you felt annoyed at his decisions. At worst, you only felt a lot of disappointment for how they regressed yuyas characters and which kind of decisions they made him take for the sake of plot.

Attached: 1449967625314.jpg (990x998, 324K)

>unexistant

That's not how you spell IV, Kaitofag.

Attached: IV.jpg (1440x1440, 143K)

>better
that's a matter of taster and age when you saw X spin off. The discussion was about which one was more popular.

I cheered for Yuma more, because he was clumsy and relatable. Yuya with riding his pink hippos during serious duels, wasn't.

Nobody should care about what the top three is in the west, because the fanbase for Yugioh anime in the west is tiny.

>I only make it comfortable when it's right for me
The west matters, zexalfag.

Not tiny at all but we don't use official means to watch it so we don't really matter.

>Yuya with riding his pink hippos during serious duels, wasn't.
I wonder who is behind this post

>Tournaments
>MC duels best friend
>Main heroine gets controlled by MV
>MV has D in his name
>Anime reaches at least 146 episodes
Besides a gary stu MC it didn’t do shit to keep up with tradition

You faggots care enough to put Zexal so high, I understand that you like it but for fuck sake stop denying reality.

>He didn't like yuyas backstory on his childhood and cheered him on for trying to become an entertainer like his dad
I only feel pity

Attached: 1423208438932.jpg (583x827, 382K)

>The west matters
Good joke

Unless you're importing Blu-Ray discs or cutting a licensing deal, no, it does not matter.

That's right, welcome to the TCG, zexelkek. Remember where you're posting.

Not in the context of what anyone was talking about when popularity was originally brought up. The west doesn't matter. We have zero relevance or impact on the direction of the franchise, because the fanbase over here is insignificant compared to Yugioh in its home country.

>MC duels best friend
5DS didn't have this
>Main heroine gets controlled by MV
Aoi got controlled by Revolver.
>MV has D in his name
Dark Ignis
>Anime reaches at least 146 episodes
>at least
that's not a status quo.

>yuyas backstory
Did you forget Yuya is literally a fake being, just like 99% of Arc-V? Only Zarc, Ray and Leo matter.

>Remember where you're posting
On an anime and manga board?

>Zero
there's tcg exclusive cards, you know?

>Did you forget Yuya is literally a fake being
So? what kind of retarded conclusion is that

>West matters
>5D's didn't reach its final season
>Zexal did

What did user mean by this?

Why should I be sentimental towards a character that wasn't meant to exist in the first place?

Sorry, that's Arc-V for you. Enjoy your amazing "plot".

Zexal's popularity in Japan influenced how much of it we got in the West, simple.

>West doesnt matter
>DSOD was dubbed using the OG cast and shown in actual theaters
The Kiabafags will never stop winning.

That's not true at all you fuck. 4KIDS was a mess back then with GX and 5Ds.

>bringing up the TCG in the context of anime discussion
And even if you wanted to bring up the TCG, the players over here are treated like trash in comparison to Asian regions. Rarity bumps, unreliable import fuckery, shittier cardstock, banlist not being on a consistent schedule, literal effect mistranslations that impact card functionality, etc.

DM is logically the best anyway. Imagine not liking it because of petty reasons. Must be a sad life.

Hyped for DSoD in Duel Links!

Kiaba?

The west has learned to appreciate the last seasons of GX and 5Ds.

You are very easy to spot

Relax, faggot. Your bias is showing.

Why are they so damn hot? I don't know which one to root for!

Attached: Vrains cute sketch style.jpg (1000x1244, 175K)

Ai. Root for Ai.

>Why should I be sentimental towards a character that wasn't meant to exist in the first place?.
Boy you are autistic aren't you

Reminder that zexal got replaced by DSoD. Get dabbed on, zexelkeks. Nice popularity you got there.

Was BBT shown in theaters? I know PoL and DSoD both were. I thought BBT in the US was straight to DVD.

What is that pic implying? Yusaku deflorated Ai?

This means what, exactly?

>Kaiba loses twice and then dies
Hilarious

Attached: Kaiba.webm (640x480, 2.53M)

Bruno would be the best friend, Dark Ignis a reach, and the anime reaching 140 episodes is a status quo because all the series have done so and gone beyond that. You also forgot their being a guy who’s introduced as the MC’s friend but he’s actually pure evil.

What a dumb decision indeed.

Not to play Zarc's advocate, but isn't Yuya the real Zarc? Like his original personality in a physical form?

Attached: 95726893.jpg (1200x804, 155K)

Ai has nothing left compared to yusaku.

For all the fearmongering on /vg/ about supposed Yea Forums refugees, I sure see a lot of crossboarding shitposters.

Zexal is popular in Japan just like how GX is the second most popular Yugioh there but DM is still the kind

That's a based decision because xyz were a mistake and zexals fanbase are the most obnoxious so they made the right decision. These are just desserts for all the shitposting zexal fans brought.

Fcking boomers

Attached: Duel links boomers.jpg (920x1080, 606K)

Because the executives and developers totally care about shit posted on a foreign website.

Is a good thing XYZ was delayed. Not want Konami to release XYZ, pendulums, and Links so fast. For once they were smart

Kill yourself back to Yea Forums.

Ohhh. So clumsy of mine to jump to the other conclusion so quickly. Te hee.

>These are just desserts for all the shitposting zexal fans brought
It is very blatantly clear you rarely ever step out of /dlg/. Please go back.

>Bruno would be the best friend
not really
>Dark Ignis a reach
They named the earth ignis earth.
>and the anime reaching 140 episodes is a status quo
No it's variable length. 224, 180, 154, 146, 148. Nothing status quo about that.
>You also forgot their being a guy who’s introduced as the MC’s friend but he’s actually pure evil.
Ai's your traitor.

>Zexal was the peak of yugioh
Literally the worst era with how cancer wind-up, inzektor, exodia stall, dino rabbit, spellbooks and dragon rulers were. Boring and uninspired.

literally pic related

Attached: 1531884892943.jpg (401x349, 113K)

The backbone of the entire Yugioh community and the one thing keeping it alive this long are Kaiba fujoshi. Prove me wrong.

It's a card game.

Kaiba hasn't been relevant in years so no

DM, GX and 5Ds keep it alive.

Come on, dude. That was my golden era. I enjoyed those times so much I can't even describe it.

>DM
Fixed it for you

>5D's
>Keeping alive anything
HAHAHAHAHA hows your 5D's world in Duel Lins doing fag?

>the absolute state of duel links
imagine playing this over the tcg/cog

Cope

Sorry buddy. But I only have terrible memories from it and how everyone I enjoyed the game with left after trying to give xyz a chance. The DM, GX and 5Ds era was great. I stuck around all alone through that garbage and only the arc-v era really revived yugioh when it brought back diversity instead of forcing xyz on everyone while ignoring everything before.

Is it his time to shine?

Attached: @ignister light dragon.png (1280x720, 972K)

duel links not getting zexal will hurt it in the long run people will lose interest soon enough

>and how everyone I enjoyed the game with left

Attached: 1514716685376.jpg (550x550, 69K)

Actually quite well. Do you even play the game? The better question is. How is your zexal world?

Zexal was so bad at the start that it created vanguardfags

Then they'll release Zexal

>/dlg/ leaking shitposters so there's even more retarded fanbase wars than usual
I'm half-convinced that there is not a single good place to discuss Yugioh on this site.

People were somewhat accepting of synchros but the amount of people that quit for xyz were so much more. Pendulums just had a LOT of people quit but it also brought back a lot of players because it revived tribute, ritual, fusions and synchros.

After this production break I don't have confidence that they wouldn't reboot or sequel an earlier series.

>Quite well
>When the level cap is still at 35
>Implying im a Zexalfag
COPE

Attached: 1514820795297.jpg (200x200, 17K)

It was the opposite for me, honestly. Me and some guys in my school discovered a local on 2011 and by 2012 we were recurrent there and also got some other kids from a lower class over with us. I could play during breaks and in the local as well. Good times.

>Then they'll release Zexal
yeah around the time when ygo7 is near it's end i'm sure making your fanbase wait that long will keep players in the game

Not really. I'm enjoying this so much since this is the best result. Literally who cares about zexal.

>your fanbase
Stop pushing your shitty fanbase wars imbecile. I play DL because i like Yugioh in general

Lots of people do, faggot.

Attached: Dogchan.jpg (1396x900, 355K)

I DO.

I'm quite aware that it was a good era for people to start and get into the game but I cannot overlook how konami forced such a soft reset upon the game and how they treated old decks like garbage.

They better don't. It can be saved for later.

I pity you and your shit tastes. I still consider zexal the worst yugioh show ever since it started airing and ended. Watching it back then was a waste of time. I love seint seiya but I can't bring myself to care for zexal with all the asspulls.

>I play DL because i like Yugioh in general
yet you don't play the actual game
boomers couldn't ruin the real game so now they will try to ruin Duel links with their nostalgia delaying zexal is the worst thing that could have happened to the game

Literally have sex.

Attached: Dog and Kat.jpg (624x683, 117K)

More like the best thing ever. DM, GX and 5Ds is the golden age. I don't want zoomer DM to invade a perfect game with their ranks.

>yet you don't play the actual game
You think i have the time and patience to buy a children's card game? Im 24 for god's sake

All YGOs are great, if not for you for someone else so why fight?

Attached: DMG by Cocco neis.png (388x640, 171K)

I despise zexalfags and their obnoxious fanbase for shitting on all shows so no.

Dude. You think we are teenagers over here?

They were just stating the facts, though.

the 25th anniversary?

>I love seint seiya
I'm sure you do.

>You think i have the time and patience to buy a children's card game?
you spend money on virtual cards that's no excuse
> Im 24 for god's sake
that's the normal age of yugioh players

>obnoxious fanbase
that's the remnants of Arc-V's.

The fact that you single out ZEXALfags for shitting on things is hilarious. You obviously weren't here for when it or ARC-V were airing.

Acting smug won't help you now, scum. I like all yugioh shows but somehow your kind made me hate the fanbase with a passion.

Holy fuck, Kaz doesn't look nip at all.

Those are for protagonists not for series.

>you spend money on virtual cards that's no excuse
F2P since 2016

>westernfag
yikes

Yuma>Yuya

And all is well in this world.

>Tanaka Joe
Holy kek

even a f2p needs to spend a little besides you can always play tcg online for free without spending anything on real cards

I've been around in these threads since ever and I know exactly. They always felt down over how "underrated" their show is when they admit they only watch it for the girls and at the end of arc-v they came back crawling to shit on arc-v just to make zexal not look like the worst one, despite how the arc-v threads had memes, discussion and actual threads compared to zexal. I will never forgive them.

>ARC-Vfag
Of fucking course.

>even a f2p needs to spend a little
I don't play seriously just for fun so no. I did buy Link Evolution for Switch tho

More like a universal yugioh fan. I don't see the need to group myself into any "fanbase" and put up pitiful flame wars for a short feeling of superiority by shitposting with greentexting. I like all yugioh shows because every season is still yugioh but put your head out of your ass and stop being contrarian because you like zexal. You make me seriously cringe for having at one point had fun in that anime. In the end it's always fanbases that ruin everything.

Real chad right here.

Attached: 897799958355a1f9ff94760665f2a636.jpg (850x602, 209K)

You have a huge persecution complex.

I'm merely stating facts while looking at faults here. If you like zexal and want others to enjoy it as much as you do then talk about it in a passionate way instead of being hostile.

>muh arcv discussion REE im so nostalgic im crying

I bet you liked Pokemon XY&Z too. These people always belong in the same garbage bin

Then don't bring up how you hate people so much while supposedly having transcended arbitrary fanbase wars.

Wonder if this Duel will showcase @Ignisters with their OCG effects or not (since Revolver and Soulburner both had cards selectively kept Anime or turned OCG in their Duel).