Do people just know fist of the north star becasue of the memes and dont watch it

Do people just know fist of the north star becasue of the memes and dont watch it

Attached: f48b9c0c5090a4718d52d8dc62911e9d.jpg (712x815, 59K)

Nah, it's 80-90's anime at its prime. Its OST is absolutely based, too.

I'm convinced that anyone under the age of 25 can only communicate via memes and actually doesn't have the ability to concentrate on watching or reading anything anymore.
I have yet to be proven wrong.

No. People just know it from the movie.

Attached: Fist_of_the_North_Star_(live-action_movie_poster).jpg (262x381, 23K)

Doesn't it have an entire arc of terrible filler fights? If you like shounen then maybe it's worth watching but there are tons of better anime from the 70s and 80s that the average viewer should prioritize over it

Calling it fist of the north star should be a dead giveaway. Real niggas who actually read the manga and are real fans of it call it Hokuto no Ken

People prop it up as the pinnacle of 80s anime but any actual fan would tell you how it suffers from immense filler and reused animation, especially compared to later anime and the manga itself. I also notice that unlike Dragon Ball or other major series, they are very quick to recast the VAs for shorts and specials, which makes me wonder if the anime has nearly as much of an impact as the manga.
Westerners also have a very strained relationship due to the much more limited release and the lack of an official dub for the anime, it seems. As such, a lot of the exposure comes from short YouTube clips rather than the full context of the series. It even reached the point that Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise had to market Kenshiro as being more than his catchphrase, which is seemingly all he’s known for in America.

>70's anime
Example?

HnK does have better filler than most of shounen anime.

Which memes?

The anime has terrible filler fights especially early on, the animation quality is overall pretty low and it goes up and down almost in every episode making it look weird and inconsistent. The story is good only up until Raoh's death, after that point is ok for a while then goes full retard with a bunch of retcons that adds nothing of value and shits on what made the first part good. After Kaioh's defeat the manga also goes on with a bunch of nonsensical shit until you end up wondering why you even bothered reading it at all.
It's no wonder that literally anything related to it only retells the story (or part of it) up until raoh.

It also served an important role as inspiration for other anime like Jojo or DB.

It’s just be same meme, where it’s “お前はもう死んでいる” and then the hooligan goes “何?” and explodes. Never mind that the series is known for the villains saying weird things when they die and there’s an infinite number of ways for Ken to blow people up, but people seem to like the idea of HnK as this ultra violent manly series that they contrast with modern shows rather than actually enjoying it for themselves. Bonus points if they type わ instead of は.

Speak American bro

It showed in my country in the mother tongue's dub when I was a kid. It skipped over at least one arc, though.

I'm 23 and just read a manga and a few other comics earlier this year. It has been quite a while since I've sat down and read a book though. I prefer audio.

Every time a classmate from my university messages me on Steam he does nothing but quote memes and speak using them. I'm not really bothered or anything but It's honestly really weird.

It’s still popular here in Italy

It is iconic. Not popular

It’s probably fair to say most peoples only actual exposure to the series is just “you are already dead” memes. But it’s still one of the best selling manga of all time.

I'd say >watch but honestly the manga scan quality is abysmal. It needs someone to go back and completely redo it.

IIRC the fight with Raoh was supposed to be the ending originally but it was such a cash cow that Buronson and Hara were convinced to keep it going but since they'd done everything they'd planned on doing they were forced to make shit up as they were going.

>It's no wonder that literally anything related to it only retells the story (or part of it) up until raoh.
Only thing I can think of that more or less does the entire series is Ken's Rage II. I think the only bits not covered is the stuff with Ryu since it skips to Bolge after the Shura stuff but other than that damn near everything is included.

also in France thats why for the awful game Jump Force they announced Kenshiro and Ryo at Paris Games Week
funny thing it was the same seiyu Akira Kamiya for both but not Kenshiro anymore

I've watched and read some of it but never cared enough to watch/read it all the way through.

faggot

you're not wrong, honestly, the modern generation is afflicted with add or adhd or schizophrenia of some sort
i not only watch it, i actively tell people to avoid hnk2 because as annoying as chi blasts from were in hnk1 (see yuda arc), it's just even more ridiculous in hnk2 and the last fight was just a shittier version of the one with raoh
i just want kenshiro to be a badass who has insanely strong melee, not throwing chiblasts and powerwaves and weird mystic hooha that should be in the itachi club instead
but lynn is hot in part 2 tho

i'd prioritize the following 70s tv anime
Yamato tv (can't understand why this isn't watched more. absolutely phenomenal)
Future Boy Conan
Gundam 79 (basically all the gundam you'll ever need)
Rose of Versailles
Heidi and some other World's Classics, but certianly Heidi

Attached: ezgif.com-resize.gif (139x139, 499K)

Kino manga, worthless anime

There was no good reason for you to use japanese characters and not put their meaning in english. The are just to memes really manly tears and "you are already!" and then a characther explodes or something.

I think under 25 is too much but this is definitely true for anyone under 18

You are telling people to not watch based on such nitpicking?

"omae wa mo shindeiru" "nani?"

One can not be one and not be the other check the dictionary

Fist of the North Star is over 100 episodes and most episodes largely follow the same format which is too much for most modern anime viewers. It's very likely that there aren't that many people who have watched all of it.

Yes, it's largely because of the memes.

no, i'm telling them not to watch part 2 of it
there are many other reasons besides those that i just don't like part 2

Only boomers have seen it.

>can only communicate via memes
I know it's semantics, but this is very literally true for all communication. It bugs me to no end that we live in a world where a word is made with a specific meaning and a completely different specific meaning hijacks it completely. Calling every silly internet joke or image macro a meme is like calling # a hashtag.

People know it as that Chinese version of mad max.

>It bugs me to no end that we live in a world where a word is made with a specific meaning and a completely different specific meaning hijacks it completely.
Words aren't "made" by people usually. Language in general comes into existence and is constantly changing. Words taking on different meanings has been a thing as long as human language has existed and you use words that came from misunderstandings or re-definitions but it doesn't annoy you as much because it didn't happen while you were alive.

This looks like a crappy Jojo ripoff

>It bugs me to no end that we live in a world where a word is made with a specific meaning and a completely different specific meaning hijacks it completely
like what's happening with the word "datamining"

god that game by the yakuza guys fuckin sucked.
how hard is it to make a good FOTNS game?

>watching it
You need to read it. Everything involving Raoh was fucking great. Kenshiro is okay and honestly fuck all that retarded shit involving Lin during the Kaioh arc.

It looks like a shittier version of Jojo.

how can someone be this smug?

Attached: 1539314608483.png (1002x767, 836K)

I don’t know what it is, fist of the North Star, Jojo, Yakuza, but I get a really good hype from watching angry men absolutely obliterate other dudes with flurries of assorted punches and kicks

Watch Kengan Ashura then.