How is Fire Force Appealing or Popular?

This is meant to be a fairly popular anime but I really don't see the appeal of it.Granted I have only watched an episode and a half but I have a fair idea of its premise. I have also browsed the wiki.

-It is just another fighting shonen that contains superpowers and fights that we have all seen before.

-Lack of a unique or complex power system like hxh. Originally the series seemed to have powers only based on fire but Arthur Boyle can generate lightning (and other characters have superpowers that are non fire related such as healing).

-Protagonist is cliche especially with his backstory.

-Lack of an interesting world with it just being fire worshiping version of Tokyo.

-Premise makes little sense since the characters are trying to get rid of fire and fire monsters (infernals) with more fire.

All in all, I really don't understand the appeal it has and why it's so popular so I thought it would be nice to hear some different perspectives.

Attached: FIRE_FORCE_1.png (250x375, 163K)

I would love to provide another perspective but the problem is the show is gutter trash so I won't be able to oblige

Everyone I know who picked up Fire Force has dropped it. I don't think its as popular as Kimetsu or Dr. Stone.

You don't have to know. You could have just stopped after it failed to catch your interest. It's not like it'll suddenly be fun for you if somebody makes a compelling argument.

Is it even popular to begin with?

My work foreman and I were talking Anime and he mentioned Fire Force and he literally said it was such a "tell don't show" type of anime with backstory and such, which seems to be so fucking grating.

I think people love it a bit, I know it came outta nowhere, now is all over.

Fire Force has really lame & forced fan service.

Attached: 1562863376185.jpg (870x1249, 140K)

What the FUCK even happened here?

A play on the modern struggle of girls to maintain their decency at odds with their natural desire for sexual satisfaction.
The cultural need for career and status in juxtaposition to biological imperative. Nyan.

All shonen is super power fights. Power system seems to be generation based but idk yet since it's only a few eps in. protag is cliche: shonen. I do enjoy his smile and personality.
Humans have the power of fire but for some reason some of them are combusting. Sounds like a good mystery to me. Using the basis of fire is a hand fire is flawed. Maybe it's heat? Since that guy can produce ice and some can heal in ways?

No I meant how the fuck did she lose her clothing, did she just trip the fuck out of it?

Yes that's exactly what happened.

Also so like, shes wearing only a bikini under all that fire fighting gear???

What the FUCK is this fucking manga man. At least burn the clothing off for your fan service..

I wanted fire ghostbusters, but that hope died fast.

Fire Emblem + Shining Force

Essentially it comes down to this
1st Generation: Infernals
2nd Generation: People who can manipulate flames, but can't start them
3rd Generation: People who can generate flames
4th Generation: People who have awakened their Adolla Link and with the Preacher's blessing, are able to perform phenomena that defies physics such as faster then light speed travel and time stop

>Lack of a unique or complex power system like hxh. Originally the series seemed to have powers only based on fire but Arthur Boyle can generate lightning (and other characters have superpowers that are non fire related such as healing).
The powers are always going to be the least interesting part of a story, so the less time devoted to figuring out an unnecessarily complex system the better.
>Premise makes little sense since the characters are trying to get rid of fire and fire monsters (infernals) with more fire.
They aren’t putting out the fires. They are simply killing monsters.

Don't question it.

The manga calls it Lucky Lewd Syndrome. I'm not even kidding

>how is shounenshit popular
gee I wonder

I don't understand why it's popular either. I read the manga for a while, but dropped it.

She us literally cursed to have this happen to her

this

>hxh
Kill yourself

This show is better than Kimetsu that's for sure

Really unfortunate for David Pro that this had to air the same time as the Kyoani arson - definitely seemed to have put a damper on things

>Lack of a unique or complex power system like hxh.
Stopped reading there

I like simple straightforward shonen and it delivers on that. It's not setting my world on fire, but I'm watching it every week and reading ahead in the manga. I think the anime actually improves on the source quite a bit actually, even if it skips some stuff sometimes -- last episode's scenes with Rekka beating Tamaki were a hell of a lot more impactful. I'm looking forward to next episode's fight, it had some very nice choreography.

Not really, Fire Force is still AOTS despite kyoanal burning down.

I wanted to be like early Bleach.

The setting is kind of interesting. But the main cast is jobbers

>fire force
>aots
Thanks for making me laugh user, I needed that.

I like the captain, i have a soft spot for non powered characters.

at least she doesn't punch the guys that grope her by accident and makes them fly a hundred miles, that shit was never funny but japs do it all time and it's one of the main reasons why Sakura is the most hated Naruto character.

Too bad he doesn't do anything. The cast feels very wasted after the early arcs. The anime is still at the part where they're unironically useful

you mean after Netherworld

MC is bland as hell, his only distinguishable character trait is smiling awkwardly but the blonde faggot bragging about muh chivarly is even worse

Attached: generic dudes.jpg (640x900, 184K)

Who the fuck cares about MCs? Why you paying so much attention to boys? You gay, fag?

this might be an alien concept for you but I actually watch anime to see badass male characters doing badass stuff instead of just jerking off to the chicks

You literally have to be 18 or older to use Yea Forums

>4th generation
This is a joke right? Good Lord thank God I drop that shit

>implying people on mid puberty aren't more like to get enjoyment out of fanservice

They're not because people your age still think girls have cooties

They're only able to do it when they're linked tothe nether or something. Not sure why this is coming as a surprise to people when the entire series is spent talking about literal Gods and Devils

I read the mango and dropped it due to the dumb humor. I remember dropping it on the chapter when one of the character was being his shit pushed in because he forgot what his dominant hand was.

I'm wondering where OP is seeing that this is "really popular"? People were talking about it largely because of the great animation but it only gets a thread for new episodes now. It got the usual new anime flair but the story is not very interesting, literally nobody cared about it until this anime aired.

That's honestly why I keep watching the series. So rare to see a dumb character in shonen be actually, debilitatingly stupid.

I wish most animefags were still like this, hate all these pedos and trannys that flooded the fan base.

Virgin

It's by the same soiboi that created Soul Eater, so a few retards will flock to his latest creation like a bunch of flies to shit. It's expected.

It's popular because it's shonenshit.

>Granted I have only watched an episode and a half but I have a fair idea of its premise.
Oh no, you have no idea.

after all the whining against fanservice I hope we get this scene animated

>that chart
>having a normal face/haircut means you're normal/boring
that way of thinking is why we have retarded-looking characters like Dr Stone's Senku or 3/4 of the Hashiras in Demon Slayer.

>if something looks different it's retarded looking
That way of thinking is why there's so many carbon copy characters that look the same. You're a moron

Did I imply the problem is that they are "different"? I implied they look like fucking retards.

But the problem isn't about that, it's about the implication that normal people have to look normal and crazy people have to look normal and so on.
That's not how it works.
Most of the insane serial killers look like average joes, and on the other hand there's plenty of people of weird style who have absolutely nothing special other than said style.

>But the problem isn't about that, it's about the implication that normal people have to look normal and crazy people have to look crazy*

>i implied they look like retards
Stopped reading there, because they don't.

Picked the fuck up

>K1 and Aikawa
>Boring
Fight me

Lucky Sukebe is the name of the trope. Every accidental lewd situation gets called that on Japan regardless of the series, it might be older than anime itself.

A retarded way of getting the girl naked. Author didn't even bother to put in effort.

>t.10 yr old

Sakura has a lot more reasons to be hated.

>Sakura is the most hated Naruto character.
That's Sasuke retard

Because that's exactly how you create a really popular anime, especially a shonen. Style over substance, rehash all the same old tropes about how the mc is going to be the greatest of whatevers while the fight scenes and quirky cast of mostly one-dimensional characters are what primarily sell the series. And if it happens to be fairly well animated, in this case it is, is also a huge selling point.
Having said all that, I think this post is pretty stupid. FF isn't bad because of fanservice and that page was very clearly a joke. Watching people stumble so awkwardly over that page is almost painful.

Bleach >>> shit > FF

I am keeping like one hundredth of an eye on it because one of the villains has a vision about the Soul Eater moon coming into play

So maybe Maka will show up and wreck the hero's shit to get her trapfu back

Good setting, good designs, good characters, cool powers.