What's the ideal protagonist for a shounen?

What's the ideal protagonist for a shounen?

Attached: sword art.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

not him, thats for sure

/thread/

A cute girl.
Every anime should be about cute girls.

Someone who start as a winy and regular teenager but than grow up into a mature and relastic character........basically pic related.

*basically pic related

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-22-18-56-17.png (1435x1783, 2.4M)

Someone fueled purely by hatred.

Why ask the question when you have the perfect boy in your pic?

>Depth
>Fun
>cute
>Endless IMAGINE potential
The perfect protagonist

Attached: D47SD43UIAAUKS9.png (360x360, 135K)

>straightforward
>confident
>strongest without a doubt
>over the top showman
Simple is better.

Attached: 1564135117883.png (600x887, 358K)

>What's the ideal protagonist for a shounen
the ideal is for shounen to no longer exist, therefore no longer needing a protagonist

autist without emotions so he doesn't screech and panic at every possible situation

A character that's actually interesting and eccentric opposed to all the thousand blank vessels for self-insertion.

I guess the nice thing is that they always make the deuteragonist interesting and eccentric though but I wouldn't mind it if both were and that's pretty much what we get with No Game, No Life. Usually Sora would be a blank husk of a man that was average in everything but he's actually a hyper-intelligent, eccentric, and charismatic character for a change.

Attached: alan_shore.png (600x450, 365K)

A nigga who's just straight up evil who is charismatic enough to keep the audience on his side.

Yusuke Urameshi was the best and will be for the rest of time.

Attached: YYH.png (320x287, 152K)

Not a whiny cuck that's all I'm asking for. It would also be nice if he wasn't a dense motherfucker and actually got his dick wet.

You answered your own question, OP.

Attached: IMG_3980.jpg (720x678, 147K)

But Sora was a Mary Sue as well. The world always worked in his favor.

Shounen is for fags

Attached: F6FD5EBE-D8E6-4CF6-98E0-A4B94B192C5E.jpg (500x390, 84K)

SAO isn't even a shounen though.

To redditors it is

Next time try posting a character that still has his anal virginity.

The old school kind.
Kenshiro, Ryo Saeba...
All the pre evangelion and one piss stuff.

Beserk has less depth than most shounen stories the only reason it has to be seinen is the gore and sex.

Attached: my_hero_academia_by_scott910-dbn61df.jpg (1000x561, 95K)

THE REAL BLACK SWORDSMAN ON THE RIGHT

You are like thos fags who brag that Goku would beat everybody. Just because your dumb shounen cant write character development correctly and instead substitutes power level BS doesnt make the character any better. All the women in this shit heap are empty headed mannequins with no humanity of their own. They only exist to be fan service.

The most glaring thing that makes this show so shit is a complete lack of hardship for the protagonist. Every problem is solved with off screen Grinding or Deus Ex Machina.

Attached: download (3).jpg (265x191, 8K)

I still don't get why people call Kirito a mary sue desu
>guild members all got killed
>couldn't and didn't solo any bosses
>grinded like 20 hours a day for the first month
>has beta knowledge
Obviously he's going to be one of the strongest players in the game considering he has the best reaction speed and is at peak age for gaming. That's why the anime is focused on him and not some no-name, after all.

>All the women in this shit heap are empty headed mannequins with no humanity of their own.
But thats realistic.

Why the fuck does Kirito get to have sex? This is such a fucking slap in the face to other characters. Forget better isekai MC's or even better MC's in general - just all shounen MC's.

Maybe; but he wasn't blank and actually had features, weaknesses, and strengths.

Being overpowered is a feature. Alan Shore is also overpowered as fuck as a lawyer with the world and jury working in his favor but he's certainly not bland.

Because dijibrony told them to think that way

He may not be a literall mary sue but all other characters are like npc to make him look cool

>Beserk has less depth than most shounen stories the only reason it has to be seinen is the gore >and sex.

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 17K)

Don't worry user it's not only Kirito getting all the action

Attached: 1550935852183.jpg (1440x810, 154K)

I'll admit you have a point with the animation tho.

Attached: Griffith_vs_guts2.jpg (1200x888, 221K)

Its absolutely true but you are an obvious falseflagger baiting for (You)s

Osamu.

Since Shonen isn't meant to be deep. I would say just an inspiring man who teaches kids not to be pussies.

The same reason RRAgi has sex, because it's a shallow selfinsert fantasy that has no regards for character building or the illusion of it.
That said I'm not against shonen protags having sex. The shonen genre is a bit too puritan in that regard.

PICKED BACK UP

>Klein and his guild
>Kayaba and his guild
>Asuna
>That PK guild
All of the above are not jobbers.
Can you give some examples where other characters act like NPCs to make him seem cool?

When has Araragi had sex?
>monogatari
>shounen
nigger what?

everything i dont like is shonen

We could argue about his perceived weaknesses, but I will grant you that Sora was a memorable character with good potential.

I only watched the first season but whatever I'm sure there's something close enough to sex or implying sex in there.
I also never said it was shonen.
And for fuck's sake before you start quoting desperately read what I wrote again at least three times.

Lmao, I like Berserk as well (reading it right now on my main monitor) as SAO (if not more). Was just a meme

It was all but spelled out at the end of Kaiki arc in season 2. Senjougahara told Araragi to "be gentle" with her.

SAO isn't shounen either and yet this thread exists.

Naruto and Sasuke were breddy gud tbqh

> Kirito is a selfinsert

This guy doesn't SAO, everyone knows Asuna is the true self insert and mary sue.

Comes with all the same benifits as Kirito but only takes like a quarter of the shit he does.

Also the prime choice for cuckqueaning.

I barely remember watching it and I never made it past season 1.
I guess my SAO knowledge isn't perfect.

Naruto turning into a gigachad at the end of the series was pretty kino desu

I need to watch that again, but regardless, I don't take anything Gahara says at face value ever.

Unlimited Shounen Works

Suit yourself, but IMO everything in that particular scene pointed to her being genuine.

It's fine user. You have been enlightened.

There is only one answer.

Attached: Slime.png (423x328, 26K)

I wouldn't deny that Sora and N.G.N.L. in general has many flaws but a blank, featureless male m.c. for self-insertion just wasn't one of them against expectation I guess.

Tsurugi Momotaro

Combine Trunks, Light, and Kurapika and throw that character into Bakuman's universe and there you go.