It went so wrong

It went so wrong

Attached: 1530132074.jpg (421x600, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

overlordmaruyama.fandom.com/wiki/Arche_Eeb_Rile_Furt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>No challenge to the MC at any point

What is the purpose?

The premise was dumb as shit

Edgy fags fapping to misery of other characters.

I liked S1 and the Sebas parts of S2.

Killing Arche Furt and having her sisters and family fucked as consequence despite it being unintentional.
Up until then you see Ainz do bad shit, but you relate to his reasons, more or less.
When you spend time to establish characters with stakes and relationships and have the main character cuts them down, he'll become unlikable and it doesn't help that his longing for his friends and protectiveness of the tomb starts feeling delirious rather then relatable.

It was never right.

overlordmaruyama.fandom.com/wiki/Arche_Eeb_Rile_Furt
>In the Web Novel, she became Shalltear's sex toy and she also teaches Ainz how to dance.[4] She was also given the privilege to later live as a civilian in a log cabin on the 6th Floor with her sisters.
>In the Light Novel, her dead body was cut into different pieces: Entoma took Arche's voice to replace her old voice that was lost in the battle against Evileye, Demiurge takes her skin, several undead take her arms and legs, her head is used as decoration for a Silk Hat Demon and the leftovers became food.
they clearly should've adapted web version

This series is what happens when Japanese publishers let the author do whatever they want without exercising any control.

I can't think of any big name western series that have the author talking in public about how they don't want to finish the series and they just keep releasing volumes about side characters/events while refusing to touch the main plot.

Wheel of Time is infamous for dragging on, but even it isn't anywhere near as bad as what happened with Overlord or most Japanese novels. If you were to pull this shit with penguin books or some other western publisher, the publisher would never work with you again and you would get blacklisted by the rest of the publishing industry pretty quickly.

In Japan, publishers and editors just let authors do whatever they want apparently.

Ainz killed cute girls

Attached: 1564678397950.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

Are the LNs or the mainline or the webnovel? I don't understand how that works.

>author freedom bad

/thread

The written version at least keeps the 'challenge' of Satoru being an inept fuck that has a bugged Charisma that gives him 100% persuasion chance - since animu got rid of all that is good it cut those parts as well
Also since he just steamrolls everything the focus on secondary characters and subplots shines
But I agree that The Bloody Valkyrie was the highest point due to the actual challenge and risk to the MC, as well as the character development he got a chance to get

>story where the protagonist and his lackeys are never in any sort of dilemma or danger
Gee I wonder why it got boring. In the hands of a competent writer shit premise should have been entertaining at least, but the author here is literally a butthurt edgelord.

Zero quality control is bad, because it lowers the quality of the whole industry as a whole.

Its not rocket science. There are actually laws in most countries for not keeping your property in a presentable state, because if you have a row of nice houses and theres one shitty house + overgrown lawn in the middle, it lowers the property value of all the houses on that road.

Same thing for...well...anything really. If you start publishing every shitty idea, then pretty quickly the industry gets flooded by copycats and you will have 90% or more of books being shitty copycats and people who actually want to write good stuff wont be encouraged to, because why bother when a fucking teenager can write something shitty on Narou, get licensed and make millions right?

Why bother drawing with trying to draw the next rembrandt when you can splash random colours on a canvas and then have highly paid art "critics" come up with BS reasons for why it's a masterpiece? Same logic.

No challenge or any suspense

Housing is not comparable to art.
There are no laws forbidding the publishing of shitty literature and for good reason.
The market decides what's worthwhile not ivory tower artfags.

EDITING is good when it ensures the script is mistakes-free and readable, when it points out shortcomings to the writer and gives them an opportunity to improve, when it finds mistakes and corrects them.
The issue begins when editors start thinking they know better than the authors - because they supplant them, and at this point they should just release their own shit. It's a big problem for Yea Forums stuff, where the corporate editors have the ultimate call over what the writers are allowed to publish, and can change the story however they see fit - and if the writer doesn't want to promote a script that wasn't really their own, well - here's the door, good luck finding anyone that will hire a rebel like that.
Release policies are another thing, but if this shit sells and brings profit, who are we to argue what people should be allowed to read, what they should like - even if their tastes are quite crap? I know I would have to PAY the publisher to print my shit in my country, but apparently in Japan it's way easier and cheaper.

So far as the anime was concerned it was blatantly under animated with CGI copy pasta ruining pivotal scenes and the utter lack of quality was enough to ruin an already marginal story.

At least we have Maou-sama now

for me it was the consent push to show the skeleton man that wanted to take over the world was the bad guy

if you guys didnt like it, why are you complaining now? its always when its off-season or when you think its time to be contrarian that shitposters start shitposting about how they never liked it or it was always bad.

@192681281
@192683367
@192683576
>no challenge
again really? how many times to people have to post this. challenge does not always mean fighting and if you cant understand that then shounen is really the genre for you. every shounen show has no challenge (non-fighting) and the lie of fighting challenge is just a lie, naruto is always going to win or be victourious or be the bigger man.

@192682592
@192681688
the second episode of season 1 has him saying "im not human anymore, and dont care about the act of killing people", he killed several others in season 1 and 2 and there was no shitposting or actual people getting pissed about that.

Nothing's wrong with it.
It's called Light Novel, because it's for the Lightly Brained

Attached: Blank+_7c7a47a27e532ffb34be21e9e2626c0c.jpg (904x723, 113K)

>@@@@@
Fucking hell go back.

Nice. Is this your first post here in Yea Forums?

Would Overlord be a better series if Peroroncino was the MC?

Attached: neiaroute.jpg (2285x3399, 985K)

>r-r-r-read the Light Novel
no

Attached: Anon is being retarded again.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

>Anime ruined the LN
>read the LN instead for it's so much better

It really is fuckin isn't

Attached: 1560181734004.png (390x511, 160K)

I don't really know what you're saying but the difference between the webnovel and lightnovel with these things is the webnovel = just some trash a guy posts online and lightnovel = that trash being edited and turned into an actual book people pay money for
this means the lightnovel is always considered more canon

>boring invincible MC in an edgy setting
It was shit from the start.

Garbage logic. I guess all cgdct is shit too.

LN is always the "edited and polished" version that's sold commercially, hence LN is always the mainline.

He’s retarded but he’s still right.

We can tell it's your post

Are there any good isekai power fantasy VNs / eroge?

The best part about Overlord are the fanbase who cannot get enough of powerlevel shit like a bunch of children they are

Ainz can win against Goku, Kiritou, Sonzai X, K3, Slime, and so much more. I am still laughing

Attached: 192-1923238_view-samegoogleiqdbsaucenao-cirno-laughs-smug-cirno.jpg (840x951, 316K)

No you can’t and he’s still right. Challenge doesn’t always have to involve fighting. This is a fact.

Ainz tried his hardest to win Remedios over and failed completely.

Attached: remedios.png (585x600, 334K)

Not really, you just notice all the LN in japan because they make it easy to look them up meanwhile no one gives a shit about the western book/novel industry.
There are still sales quotas that need to be met, nyarko-san author’s series afterwards flopped so hard it was canceled with 1 vol, not even isekai are immune either with lots of them ending fast.

Editors in japan are better than the west editors too, not always but overlord’s editor made the series into a masterpiece over the shitty webnovel version.

>192685612
>192685662
you guys live vicariously through the internet right?
>omg he didnt use >> haha he must be from reddit but im not guys ,im cooler and smarter because im on Yea Forums and i know that you dont use @ but you actually use >>(postnumber) if you want to reply to someone

Attached: wcs.jpg (785x731, 101K)

The absolute state of Overlordfags. Holy shit

>boring as fuck bare bones motivation that barely ever gets touched on and is only an excuse for the OP Gary Stu MC to go kill shit and be awesome
>Most recurring characters are shallow caricatures or tropes and wear out their welcome in a matter of episodes
>Pointless as fuck Isekai filter when you could tell the exact same story without the Isekai aspect of it and lose nothing of value to the overall story being told KIND OF LIKE EVERY FUCKING ISEKAI WOOPS DID I TYPE THAT????!
>Constant floodgate of new characters being introduced when there's barely even a reason to care about the characters we've already met
>Overpowered as fuck main character that isn't met with any adversity because he can just kill anything that gets in his way at the end of the day. No character growth, no battle of ideals or wits.
>Constant small threads leading to subplots that are at best mediocre and return things to the status quo, and at worst completely irrelevant and unwatchable garbage literally all of S2
>Establish a massive world of high fantasy with it's own towns and communities with their own desires and wills and then do fucking NOTHING with it because writer just has to jerk off the fucking MC constantly

I'm fucking SEETHING, bros.

Seething.

>he still can't figure it out

Attached: Laughing Metapods.png (572x496, 26K)

That’s nice dear. Go back to your shonen thread now

what's all this about now?
last thing i remember is he became the messiah of the dwarves and enslaved a dragon or two
or was that before he started a cult? is that the last thing he did? the cult?

Oof, you got me user. I'll never recover.

>no one gives a shit about the western book/novel industry.
Dude, have you forgotten the Harry Potter, Hunger Games, and Twilight shitshow?

We just happened to be on the Marvel comics era but literature is always untouchable

Watch them make a reboot of the How to Kill a Mocking Bird and 1984.

Heck, I just finished watching the adaptation of Little Prince and Les Miserable. They're gaspingly amazing adaptations.

I pray to god someone insane enough would adapt Johnny Got His Gun

Attached: 1492633994743.jpg (1044x1075, 245K)

Oh, wait. I just realized there's already a film of it.
Guess I'll watch it next week

normiescum

>Isekai, so it's shit
>Videogame world, so it's double shit

At which point did you expect it to go right ?

Who says she is dead

>posts the top series of the industry
They don’t care about the industry but the big franchises surrounding it.

A Dog's Purpose, Chalie and the Chocolate Factory, Catcher in the Rye, Johnny Got his Gun and 1984 never sold high.

They were banned even.
And mind you, same goes to Jap industry adapting only the best selling LNs.

Attached: 1494091593971.jpg (3164x4219, 1.15M)

I also forgot the ever classic A Christmas Carol.
It fuckin flopped as a novel because the author sold in leather bound with gold strings in an era where copyright was not taken seriously. He intend it to be sold only to the spoiled ass aristocrats whom he is targeting but they were too disturbed by its contents and avoided it.

He called it the Sledge Hammer of the Poor. Luckily, he got money after doing some public readings/

Yes, the author doesn't know what the fuck he is doing.

Oh, mods deleted the post. Shame they did nothing to the @@@@ guy

To be honest it did enough with such a premise. MC & Goons overpowers and outsmart everyone.

Incel powerfantasy for incels

Attached: 1565820232195.jpg (1200x1200, 2.08M)

Wojak posters aren't human and should be treated as such.

Amazing post.

It's been going mostly downhill since Bloody Valkyrie.

is s2/s3 so bad? I want to watch them, will do it anyway don't even (you) me fag

hey it's your own disappointment, just don't say no one warned you

Needs more rape

In anime? It had too low budget especially last seaons was terrible I was really hopeing to see some nice scene in that war arcs.
In novel IMO author just run out of ideas for the story. Especailly last novels with that fake death idea was stupid as hell . BTW I'm not getting why ppl cry about no challenge for main hero in this series. This series is( was) about something else than every other isekai, it was supposed to be writen from typical antagonist point of view. Also another thing this series is about, is how to menage oorganization and how to be an effective boss.

The fake death first came up in the volume 11 epilogue. It's possible Maruyama didn't know where he was planning to take that at that point.

So it's likely that the idea was nice but the execution was borked.

Your loss, user.

My normalfag brother actually watched overlord, he skipped s2 because everyone said it's shit but watched it anyways after he finished s3.

Was he as disappointed as the LN reader whiners?

No he wants season 4 now, he didn't like the lizards though.

>he didn't like the lizards though.
How did he react to pic related?

Attached: qi7HnBnMfcnnYWhc.jpg (1200x675, 45K)

I've been out of the loop for 3 months with Overlord. What happened? Why are there three anti-Overlord threads in the catalog? I'm going to brush it off as OP being a samefag if nobody can give us an update on what's going on.

>In Japan, publishers and editors just let authors do whatever they want apparently.
But that's wrong, Yea Forumstard. It's the exact opposite of what you just said.

The author is a garbage writer, he can introduce players or talk about the other kingdoms who had former players but he refuses to do it.

No, you have to go back, newfag.

>I've been out of the loop for 3 months with Overlord. What happened? Why are there three anti-Overlord threads in the catalog? I'm going to brush it off as OP being a samefag if nobody can give us an update on what's going on.

Maruyama officially hates the series in general and foreign fans in particular and Nigel officially stepped down from translating the LN.

>the series
I thought he loved his vampire lolis? Would he make a good DM?

Overlord is awesome and can do no wrong. Its refreshingly different.

Papa Bones is a meek piece of this that doesn't grow as a character, he's way to powerful, lastly good (as in morally good) characters start dying horribly. Like it was fine when gangsters and slavers start dying but fuck man Papa Bones needs to get off his fat ass and control his shit.

>Isekai quartet get season 2
>Re zero gets season 2
>Tanya and Konosuba get movies
>Slime gets season 2
>Shield hero gets season 2&3
>Overlord season 4 announced was fake
Sucks to be us huh.

Let's be honest here. As much as overlordfans love to look down on anyone who asks for higher stakes, as a shonentard, the truth is that the overall lack if stakes is what killed all interested in the series, besides the small group of dedicated fanboys. And that's not enough to run a series like this. Normal anime, manga and LN readers expect stakes. Even in a power fantasy, the opposition has to be somewhat challenging, in order for the victories to feel meaningful. Here, it's just level 100 skullman mowing down level 30 people. After a while it gets really lame. Also, the lack of character and development for the Nazarick crew is kinda making it boring. All of them are kinky badasses who are all 100% loyal. Amd that's what they have been for the longest time. Maruyama just doesn't know how to write good characters. He just takes away their ability to be individuals and make choices, and just makes them into praise drones. Bland and overpowered characters Killing weaklings can only be interesting for so long...

Just started reading it, is it worth it?

Attached: aaeb516064f2414ec1af2ac5f42d8b55.png (600x338, 437K)