Why aren't there more historical manga of cute girls making it in a mans world?

Why aren't there more historical manga of cute girls making it in a mans world?
The only other one that comes to mind is Otoyomegatari

Attached: Arte.jpg (840x768, 131K)

because for the most part cute girls did not make it in a mans world and the concept of allowing them anywhere is a rather modern turn of mind

That's why I want to read some fiction about it?
I'm not saying it's realistic or historically accurate, I just want some stories in those settings with cute girl MCs

What about alternate history?

Attached: 0001-018.jpg (1099x1600, 480K)

To "Out-there" for me
I want a story that's slightly unrealistic but not over the top.
Arte is great, it could have sorta maybe happend, but propably didn't

there's also that manga about the female pharaoh horus something if you're interested

I am, sauce me up please

>Arte is great, it could have sorta maybe happend, but propably didn't

Isn't Arte based on an actual female painter by the same name?

>tfw they had me at hairy armpits in the 3rd panel.

Attached: 1567220294121.jpg (242x439, 43K)

just google horus manga and you'll find it

No, Arte isn't an actual name in Italy. Or maybe it's short for "Artemisia".

Found it, it's exactly what I needed
Thank you user

Attached: Hat.jpg (1354x1950, 1.09M)

The author confirmed Arte was heavily inspired by Artemisia Gentileschi.

it's a veeery romanticized story based on the character of Artemisia Gentileschi, who was born in a fairly poor family in 1593, went to art school in Florence and became one of the most accomplished painters of her period
the dates are all over the place as S Maria del Fiore was completed in 1436, and Leo's character seems to be loosely bades on Leonardo da Vinci, born in 1452

the main resemblance between the character of Arte and the actual Artemisia is that they are/were women in a time and place where it was close to unthinkable for women to be professional painters, both of them had a rough life (though to different extents), they worked their asses off (figuratively) and they became successful
Artemisia had a much rougher childhood though, having been sold to some rich proprietor by her father to be used to his liking and having been raped in at least one occasion, which influenced much of her later life and some of her works (there's one I can't remember the name of where she cuts Goliath's throat with another woman's help, Goliath representing the man who raped her years before), and Arte having such a "let's help everyone no matter the cost" sounds too romanticized and one dimensional for her to be really interesting, which is a shame given the setting, premise, and "inspiration" for the characters are very interesting

>The only other one that comes to mind is Otoyomegatari
there's also Emma, which kickstarted the whole "maid cafe" thing, you may have heard of it

prince of versailles

Otoyomegatari is bland as hell. Try shirley instead

Emma is responsible for maid cafes? Pretty big claim, desu. Is there a source on that anywhere?

Fuu from samurai champloo seems to fit the bill

Attached: Fuu.jpg (478x640, 65K)

What's the point in this faint inspiration if Arte never paints anything worthwhile?

because it's feminist bs and the japs don't crave corrupting themselves like westerns do.

Otoyomegatari is pure loving you absolute dolt.

slightly realistic is a cute girl goes to work in mans world and men rape her and demoralize her because you could get away with shit like that back then because there wasn't anything such as forensics to solve crimes retard. You think a bunch of illterate retards hefting barrels on the docks every day till they get too broken to do it anymore and die are going to be nice guys who will accept a pretty woman amoungst them without trying anything? even highly educated men brought up with modern liberal values that are highly educated try stuff and we live in a world now where forensics put them at a very high risk of being caught no matter how they try to cover it up, and women are empowered to speak out about it which was almost never the case before. You're deluded if you think what you're asking for isn't about as "out there" as you can get without being entirely fantasy

based.

Thanks user.

because the story of a woman becoming successful in a man's world, so to speak, is peculiar regardless of whether she paints or she plays poker, the important aspect is the relationships with everyone else, the adversities she overcomes yada yada
sure thing

writers need inspiration, they don't invent things from scratch

Arse

Because people have shit taste.

I mean, it did happen from time to time. The problem is that most of those either already have a deluge of stories made about them or where terrible horrible people that only managed to get hold of power by being twice as clever and cruel as the men they went up against.

Femdom alt history is a gift. But best suited for hentai rather than serious storytelling.