Get told Silent Voice and Your Name are tremendous anime movies

>get told Silent Voice and Your Name are tremendous anime movies
>watch Silent Voice
>it's phenomenal
>watch Your Name
>it's trash
Explain how these two get remotely compared, please.

Attached: Silent Name Your Voice.jpg (1024x768, 109K)

Your opinion is wrong, both are great, you should be ashamed for posting this

they're both trash

How is Your Name great or even comparable? Because of the landscape art quality and pretty colors in the comet scene?

obvious bait aside, the fact that neither protag ever tried calling each other before the climax or even checked the date was just too big of a plothole

>muh forced drama vs muh pretty colors
tough choice

Attached: 1566501266752.jpg (225x350, 38K)

I agree but I seriously just watched both movies and it's not even comparable.

Well, why do you think it's so much better?

Really it’s the opposite if you’re not a total loose-anus gay.

/thread

They get compared because they came out at roughly the same time, within less than a month of each other. It's not complicated.

I can’t watch Your Name anymore without imagining grown up Taki and Mitsuha riding a jetski through Tokyo Waterworld.

>Koe no Katachi
> Studios: Kyoto Animation
Hot garbage it is. First rule of animation: If it's a movie made by KusoAnus, it's irredeemable trash.

Attached: chex.jpg (204x300, 18K)

This
Kimi no na Wa is an outstanding original and Oscar material
Koe no Cutachi is a poor 1,5 hours adaptation of 7 volumes of manga

>Hot garbage

Attached: 1528429014463.png (240x198, 55K)

Exactly how I felt, your name is fucking shit

Silent Voice seemed to handle drama and tension better, providing satisfying resolution to things while Your Name built tension but either never came to conclusion or did so in a strongly anti-climactic way (such as the reveal of the death count post climax). That's probably the biggest one. The musical sections throughout Your Name and its montage in the opening came off campy, if not just stereotypical of high school anime. And elements like remembering names, and even switching bodies was not nearly as interesting or relatable as bullying, the effects of it, and seeking redemption for wrongdoing. Oh and the love Taki has in Your Name made no sense at all.

>did not know this
Well that as an easy answer. Okay then.

This but the opposite. Your Name is enjoyable for what it was, plot holes and all, and I don't regret watching it at all, while KnK is probably one of the most frustrating and melodramatic pieces of garbage I've ever seen. Jesus christ I don't know how the FUCK people praise it unless they stopped halfway through.

Boy Meets Girl ™ is just bad at this point, Shinkai is a fucking hack.

Silent Voice is genuinely the best masterpiece ever made if you stop watching after the amusement park scene and imagine your own ending where Ueno and Kawai die agonising deaths. Unfortunately the remainder of the actual film is a wee bit arse.

>rushed and poorly adapted manga
>good

KnK fags are this delusional.

>otaku fall in love with freaky friday by a meme director pandering directly to their fantasies
>kyoani adapts a manga about bullying and depression that doesn't give otaku their precious ending kissu
It's a mystery.

left is for adults
right is for children

Attached: 1555224320728.jpg (500x514, 27K)

I thought the same thing
it's because they both came out around the same time and both were hyped because of their studios

Can you stop bullying other series for just 5 seconds?

>left is for adults
>no new IP
I wonder who's behind this post

I bet you fuck your onaholes with condoms, nerd.

Koe no Katachi was a pretty shit adaptation tbqh. It feels rushed as fuck.

In this Corner of the World is better.

Did not watch the movie but the manga was already padded beyond limits. Its length could've been cut in half without any lose in quality

Liz is better than both.

Attached: [35mm] Liz to Aoi Tori - Liz and the Blue Bird [720p] [BD14A57E].mkv_snapshot_00.31.13_[2018.12.17_2 (1280x690, 80K)

Maybe not the best but it certainly would've left a better taste in my mouth if it ended halfway. The story just takes a nosedive on so many levels I could write an essay on how shit it became. This isn't even because of the constraints of being a movie adaption because I read the manga right after, and while some characters were marginally fleshed out better and there were some good scenes that were missing from the movie, the same complaints I had still hold true.

>Explain how these two get remotely compared, please.
It's because they came out in the same year.
Also they're both trash.

>is just bad at this point
This but unironically. Authors think that it is ok for characters to be as multidimensional as cardboard stands as long as they write a romance. There are so many topics to explore outside of it but they all for some reason just focus on this narrow subject.

Indeed it is but Liz is almost invisible, there's hardly anyone out there that has seen it.

The main character in a silent voice didn’t even an hero, Shit movie.

The people who shit on Your Name just make me laugh. They either a) speedwatched or b) have no capacity for critical thinking. The movie is amazing because it perfectly hits all the itches that Japanese society has in the 21st century. Of course some newfag burger wouldn't ever see how, I bet you still think people in Japan carry katanas everywhere.

Reminder to always bully the deaf

It's a faggy teen romance. That doesn't appeal to everyone.

It is not bad but it is not good either. Nicely done but really hollow inside. Even something like Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai with its cardboard characters had a bigger inpact on me than Shinkai's work

>get told
Yes that basically shows everyone that you're just a filthy casual and that you're probably just to dumb to understand both those films for what they really are. Don't make threads, lurk more.

Yes, you might want to go back to your shonen now

What exactly was wrong with Your Name other than the fact that it is popular?

It absolutely overshadowed A Silent Voice despite being the more hyped movie.

Both are bad movies that look good,the only reason one is considered better is because dumb people feel bad for the disabled without thinking about it too much,if you're not a girl under 16 years of age there's no reason to enjoy either one.

Never change, burn victims. Never change.

Attached: 1554885136992.jpg (1080x1080, 135K)

Normies have shit taste and eat whatever Shinkai shits out of his rotten mind. Also good taste, user, silent voice was phenomenal.

What are some other good movies that came out recently?

>not watching the superior 2016 movie

Attached: WorldCorner_800px.jpg (800x471, 207K)

Did you apply the sacred ointment?

Cope.

Have sex and die late.

Just because it's MUH FEELS for normalfags doesn't make it trash, it's a well made MUH FEELS. Also, retards can't distinguish between MUH FEELS and an actual human drama, that's why they think those movies are similar.

cringe
based

Koe no Katachi is definitely the better film but I wouldn't say Kimi no na Wa is "trash". It's a well made pop film, nothing special about it at the end of the day but it's not trash. Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni is better than both.

The Fukushima commentary went through your thick head

It was fine, but not that great

Attached: 1566307534200.jpg (326x574, 17K)

I liked it but it had some timing issues. The emotional tone got a little too erratic near the end and failed to crystallize properly. Certainly better than Your Name, though I haven't seen KnK.

How is Silent Voice even good? It took a three volume manga, compressed the entire story into 2 hours and it shows with how bad it is.

different people like different shit. just because you don't like it don't make it trash

Attached: capri-neco.jpg (759x847, 110K)

Your name is literally the greatest anime ever created and if you think otherwise you're simply wrong.

Yes

congrats on being as milquetoast as humanly possible

I don't see how that is even related to the post.

Your opinion is one you could guess to be accurate without watching any of the three films

And?

You're not really appreciating the works, you're just defaulting to the values other people seem to be placing on them
Can you even explain what's so good about ITCOTW?

Fuck are you on about? I disagreed with OP's usage of the word trash. What part of the post indicates me "not really appreciating the works"? How exactly am I "defaulting to the values other people" when a relevant percentage of the posters in this thread disagree with OP and most people on this board seem to like Kimi no na wa more than KnK? In fact, there are multiple post in this thread that mention Katasumi, why didn't you reply to them?

Attached: 1551924349698.jpg (400x307, 22K)

>Fuck are you on about? I disagreed with OP's usage of the word trash.
Nothing to do with what I'm saying.
>What part of the post indicates me "not really appreciating the works"?
The entire thing was shat out by an NPC script for the 10000th time.
>How exactly am I "defaulting to the values other people" when a relevant percentage of the posters in this thread disagree with OP and most people on this board seem to like Kimi no na wa more than KnK?
I don't care how they're ranked, so long as it comes across as an actual opinion. I actually liked all 3 films a lot but this meme has poisoned discussion of them all to no end and borderline bots like yourself are the worst offenders.
>In fact, there are multiple post in this thread that mention Katasumi, why didn't you reply to them?
Yours caught my eye first. It's not the fact that Katasumi was on top that's the issue either - it's that you have the exact same reasoning for the ranking of all 3 that you could find anywhere, well beyond the degree to which people's tastes are naturally similar.

>The entire thing was shat out by an NPC script for the 10000th time.
>this meme has poisoned discussion of them all to no end and borderline bots like yourself are the worst offenders.
Sorry, I don't even understand what you're trying to say?

I don't get it. Silent Voice movie was fucking garbage. It felt unfinished and terrible before I even read the manga and afterwards it all made sense. They cut a shit ton of stuff out and made it all seem like retarded melodrama. 90% of motivations in the movie made no sense. because of all the cuts. Tomohiro was way less based, that Toshi was not expanded on at all, a few key scenes with Shouko were gone like her dreaming about what life would've been like if she was treated well then waking up fucked up, they literally cut the movie filming out while STILL making the festival the main endgame for some reason, the mom and grandma barely got any screentime so mom's "positive scenes" like the hospital and during the birthday made me feel nothing and the grandma dying had 0 impact. How do people hold the movie specifically in such high regard? It's awful.

My point is that despite how specific it is, your opinion is so surface level and has been mindlessly regurgitated so many times that it's not even evidence that you watched the films, never mind thought deeply about them.

Okay. I can't believe you got so angry over me saying that one film is better than another without going into detail.

Attached: 1452964842354.png (662x706, 353K)

You are a bully victim
But you never experienced romance
Pretty easy answer

It's been happening every thread for well over 2 years, and I didn't even feel like ranting until you replied to me

Indeed, but patricians are only a small part of the population.

More likely the bully, Shouko has no personality traits to relate to.

There's pretty much nothing good about it

One is a needlessly moe, excruciatingly paced film about a serious topic that comes to no conclusion about it and makes several bizarre logical leaps along the way; The other is a bizarre turning point for one of the most pretentious directors in the industry suddenly making a superficial fantasy romance with mass appeal.

You simply prefer personal grounded stories rather than more grand simpler ones

>about what life would've been like if she was treated well then waking up fucked up
This I don't understand why they cut it.
It's right up their alley.

I've only seen your name.
It was pretty solid romance story, nothing more nothing less.
I wouldn't consider it one of the most amazing things in anime though.

this desu, anyone who read the manga before watching the film was probably at the very least slightly disappointed
not saying your name is the best thing since sliced bread, but it is the better of the two films

Attached: 14324324.png (900x1350, 301K)

>The other is a bizarre turning point for one of the most pretentious directors in the industry suddenly making a superficial fantasy romance with mass appeal.
Not even he knew where all the praise came from.

>Only gave lower than usual shilling/film budget because the feet fetish film bombed hard
>No one in TOHO believed that it will reach even 1.5 Billion yen
>Not even Shinkai has full trust in this movie
>Became the 2nd highest japanese produced film
>Even broke Spirited Away's worldwide gross at some point
What an amazing underdog story

Kyoani didn't have to actually write an original story while Shinkai is can't write for shit. Body swapping is also one of the absolute stupidest plot devices there is.

Silent Voice was... eh? Not great but certainly not terrible. You'll get much more out of the manga.
Your Name is just a bad movie held up solely by it's visuals and sound design. Everything else is awful.

Attached: 1540118975171.jpg (735x700, 73K)

Based and Chexpilled

Attached: 1566069711978.png (564x554, 218K)

My main problem with this story was the unreliable narrator causing me to pass off the unexploded bomb scene as just another daydream. It really diminished the impact of the consequences.

Kinda funny how the same dude made NTR doujin, but it was so shit and lame that I didn't even get sad from it. Chex root is the true root.

i just couldnt get over the off model art style. The Chex thing was great at least.

So what's a good movie?

There plot holes in your name are so blatantly stupid I don’t get how anyone considers it anything above a 7 it’s as though nobody actually thought anything about it through

Just finished the manga. I liked them fleshing out the characters more but a lot of the detail didn't add anything or came off needlessly complicated (such as the movie) compared to the film. Also the film knew exactly where to stop. The biggest gripe with the movie compared to the manga is the lack of explaining the sister and her boyfriend Pedro.

Literally all of the supposed plot holes are well-explained, but it's not like scores are dependent on formalist qualification in the first place

Suddenly they just love each other without any explanation. The level of love they have for each other after the crater scene is unearned based on what is in the movie. Why did the gods wait until the most dramatic point possible to erase all the journal entries. How did neither of them notice the year on the cellphones while making journal entries.

fuck off retard

They are comparable because Shinkai made a great film that people actually enjoyed watching, and yamada made a shitty movie that people pity watched and never watched again.

This but the other way around. A Silent Voice made me binge the manga and watch a second time. I don't want to see Your Name again though. It felt like a waste and that I was recommended it by people with childish tastes.

>Suddenly they just love each other without any explanation.
Conversation at Kataware-doki
>The level of love they have for each other after the crater scene is unearned based on what is in the movie.
Sure, but it's kind of irrelevant since they have a completely separate, natural start to their relationship IRL that has nothing to do with the meteor.
>Why did the gods wait until the most dramatic point possible to erase all the journal entries.
It wasn't impossible from Taki's perspective to know Mitsuha until he saw the ruins of the town.
>How did neither of them notice the year on the cellphones while making journal entries.
The film repeats the fact that they're in a dream state over and over again dude.

Always good to see someone else with patrician taste

Attached: EBxsG7RW4AAOYsL.jpg (1920x1306, 455K)

>not a new ip

because I replied to op once already dipshit

Yes, the other way around, that's why the entire eastern hemisphere watched your name, twice each, and a silent voice flopped despite already being a massively popular manga.

You are thrash. "Your name" is great I watched it three times.

Right. Everyone knows the mainstream has shit taste and its audience is children.

nice liar paradox

>it's popular and so its good
That's stupid and you know it.

Love it. A silent voice was quite a treat. Very real and memorable characters. The two moms were some of the best characters in the movie. They did a good job portraying agony. Also I love how well they used animation to elevate the story. It's not about hyper detailed background art.

Koe no Katachi will and always be objectively better than Your Name. Your Name is just another type of a flick you see every day and would forget next day.

Attached: The smile you failed to protect.jpg (540x767, 122K)

Agreed. I only read the manga but Koe no Katachi was alright, Kimi no Na wa is garbage.

both are shit

Logical. I guess the bullied ones like their story to be told in pretty 2D.

Movie 1 is a legitimate attempt to make art

Movie 2 is literally just body swap fetish/When is the guy in the girl's body going to finger himself and discover a woman's pleasure?

>Movie 1 is a legitimate attempt to make art
no retard it's just an adaptation of a silly melodramatic manga about a deaf girl

Friendly reminder to watch Silent Voice done right.

Attached: 220px-Colorful_(2010_poster).jpg (220x316, 31K)

>the movie didnt add anything
the movie gave them a shit ton of bonding experience and delves into a lot of the character's insecurities while tying them all together by being like "hey, we're only hanging out cause of this movie but it turns out you guys are kind of cool." without it the entire scene where shoya reee's is like "uhh so why did this sperg blow up on them?" and almost none of what he says has any basis in reality in the film so he comes off as just completely insufferable where the point is supposed to be he's sort of right but also a dickhead.
Pedro and shit doesn't really matter and didn't get much time in the manga either. the most retarded part of the film is how glasses bitch and the mom are painted much less asshole-y than they were due to lack of exposure.

This is what bothers me the most honestly. They were explicitly shown using the calendars and everything. It's too much of a stretch for one of them to not have been like "huh, doesn't that date land on a Tuesday?" or something like that, even if they didn't see the year.