What's the appeal of Shonen, more precisely Battle Shonen...

What's the appeal of Shonen, more precisely Battle Shonen? When it all boils down to the main character building a huge crowd around him and outperform EVERY single one of them by a land slide? Seriously, what's the appeal?

Attached: magazine for kids.jpg (1280x1015, 535K)

Who's the girl next to Senku

They're meant for kids. Kids like series where the main character starts at the bottom and then rises up in power compared to everyone else. That's battle shonen though. Shonen in general does share some of the aspects but there's more variety than just battle shonen even with the same target audience. In general battle shonen fell into a routine about how they're made and hasn't really broken out of it or felt the desire to break out of it since stuff like Dragonball and One Piece were/are such cash cows. Everyone wants a piece of that.

character progression over time. fight scenes. most series have enough likeable side characters that you can always find your favorite.

Your post tells me you haven't read more than three of those. The answer is of course that you're wrong and to read more manga so you can see why.

Shonen means boy in Japanese
Shonen shit is for little boys ages 9 to 14

What's the appeal of moe?
What's the appeal of harem?
What's the appeal of slice of life?
What's the appeal of isekai?
What's the appeal of shoujo?

Attached: 1447061374441.jpg (450x338, 19K)

Watch idol anime for little girls instead, it has tournament arcs, audiences, songs, actually good CG, comedy, wackiness, lots and lots of different types of cute sexy girls. Take the 女児アニメ pill OP.

>

Attached: 7A73E283-747A-4859-A422-D820D972E014.jpg (701x438, 104K)

>What's the appeal of moe?
"Moe" doesn't exist
>What's the appeal of harem?
Self-inserting
>What's the appeal of slice of life?
Comfiness
>What's the appeal of isekai?
I can't tell you either, it's at the same bottom of the barrel as Shonen
>What's the appeal of shoujo?
Romance

A man's romance

Lala

I wanna know what series the guy to the right bleach guy is from.

Tanaka Seiji, the worst selling axed WSJ series in existence

Romance shoujo is essentially for little girls what battle shonen is for little boys.

Interesting, and what manga is the white hair guy on the other side from?

In Yea Forums people hate shonen because they're way more popular than the shitty mangas they read.

Noah's Notes. It started last year in the same wave as Act-Age and Jujutsu Kaisen and was the only one to be axed. It was some shit about time traveling to save humanity from some disaster or whatever. It had quite a few fans on here unlike most axed series.

Thanks I remember seeing it somewhere but i forgot. At least it got 22 chapters.

Attached: 1373141157950.png (625x626, 57K)

Not all shoujo has (straight) romance but instead comedy and battles/music

Here are some shoujo with 0 or very little romance:
Goldfish Warning
Animal Yoshoko
Yume no Crayon Oukoku
Hamtaro
Aikatsu
PriPara
Most Precure
there’s some others too I’m not mention.

Animal Yokochou sorry

>Most shounen protagonists are teens like the demographics they are meant to appeal to so it's nice to follow them and relate to them.
>boys love fighting and violent shit, shounen gives them that and makes it entertaining to watch
>it actually tells a decent entertaining stories for the most part (it can get repetitive sometimes but most people don't care and will watch for the characters they love)
>element of fantasy is a great appeal for alot of people thus why Harry Potter is also so fucking huge even tho it's a mediocre series.
>shounen anime unironicly uses animation in the right way because this medium supposed to prove that it has something live action can't do, most slice of life and shoujo anime can be easily adapted into live action and you won't really feel like something special was lost, imagine demon slayer becoming live action, it will lose alot of things that made it appealing in the first place.

Attached: 8a9e586f172c327f958cce926b993525.jpg (540x659, 144K)

Mostly male cast, lots of cute boys.

>girl meets progressively more attractive men
>makes them fall in love with her
>defeat means friendship
Romance battle shoujo when?

>What's the appeal of Shonen
Appealing to young boys.

Cool, flashy fight sequences between crazy, larger than life characters that get bigger and flashier every story arc.