What anime makes you feel the most nostalgic?

what anime makes you feel the most nostalgic?

Attached: desktop-wallpaper.jpg (1600x1170, 319K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8MlYBcRr-dU
youtube.com/watch?v=nfdDse20abI
youtube.com/watch?v=VsJn18xTF_I
youtube.com/watch?v=ISKheE5vEAU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Boku no Pico.

Lain, watched and discussed it with friends more than any other anime, legit read loads of boring entry tier philosophy because of it.

Attached: Lain.gif (220x306, 38K)

X'amd lost memories.

Spirited Away and oddly Made in Abyss, grew up with Ghibli movies and the latter for some reason just hit a lot of the vibes Ghibli films had

>he has friends
;_;

Magic Knight Rayearth

My girlfriend wants me to watch Lain

Pokemon S1

Hidamari Sketch, Slayers

FLCL

shaman king, original gundams, digimon, first season of pokemon, early bleach, early naruto, al the shonen crap i used to watch when I was young. Also literally the first anime I ever watched was either original gundams or Dragonball Z.

One of my favorite things about highschool was that I had friends who shared anime DVDs (later torrents) and we watched/discussed stuff like Evangelion, Outlaw Star, Higurashi and Green Green

Attached: 9016DB40-0AB2-4CFB-8BB4-E370D8AC7A25.png (349x419, 81K)

How so? I really enjoyed watching Xambou when it was coming out on PSN back in the day, but now all I can remember is the bangin' OP.

>>/r/eddit

Prince of Tennis was my first real anime fandom, any mention of it gets me nostalgic.

All my favourite anime I experienced with other people, really enhances the experience and makes rewatches so nostalgic, it's also why my 3x3 looks so pretentious with all the late 90s stuff lol.

Kimi to boku

Do it, very atmospheric, unique anime, I recommend not watching all in one go so you can absorb what's happening.

I don't think I'm very prone to nostalgia. Something has to be very old, like a from my early childhood. That means anime doesn't make me very nostalgic by default. Some very old video games.

It also doesn't make me obsess over it or hate new things.

Attached: c9ze8ijslpm11.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

>ywn go back to shitposting about rei vs asuka
it hurts bros, ever since everyone unviersally agreed that rei was best girl things have gotten worse ever since

Attached: 1515517412334.png (386x366, 143K)

lol the discussion comes up all the time to this day, except humanity has evolved because the general consensus these days is Asuka > MIsato > Rei lolololol

You are surely mistaken and must have entered a different timeline buddy

cope harder

Attached: rei_btfo.png (928x704, 530K)

>best girl chart
>shinji isnt on it

I hate Asuka but not for being an annoying tsundere.

I hate her because I relate to her desu

Tfw watched Eva a bunch of times and don't recognise Makinami or Krishima?

Also Ritsuko deserves more recognition. The adult characters in Eva in general are way more interesting than the emo kids.

Cowboy Bebop and Yu Yu Hakusho for me. Bebop captures the 90's feeling perfectly to me and it reminds me of a time my life was a lot better. YYH was my favorite anime as a kid and I loved both the openings and endings, or I guess I should say the OSTs in general.

SSSS Gridman, reminds me of a time where being good was good enough.

>the eva's community
lmao holy shit when i thought you couldn't embarass yourself further you come up with that reddit chart...

cutest grill

Attached: 1518191359135.jpg (740x592, 57K)

shaman king
first anime i watch as a kid on cartoon network

aww cute try but
Misato>Rei>literally every other eva gril>the deluded redhead

Attached: 0456787876456.jpg (815x975, 240K)

no contest
youtube.com/watch?v=8MlYBcRr-dU

Attached: 1565448850540.gif (500x375, 802K)

I think I finally understand John Wayne Gacy desu.

Makinami debuted in 2.22 as an accessory character to asuka. But Who the fuck is kirishima?

tenchi, school rumble or kare kano

I watched it in 2001 or so, VHS. Everytime I rewatched it I inmediatly remembered the first time and not knowing what the fuck was going on.

It was the VHS that impacted me more, since most of the stuff of these days was old/not too good OVA's.

Attached: 1554013261809.jpg (1920x1080, 456K)

One Piece and Rurouni Kenshin probably. Both watched them and read the manga as a kid. Most stuff before that I just casually watched on TV. Inuyasha and Yu Yu Hakusho to a lesser extent. I'd like to finish Inuyasha but it's so fucking long and I don't know how far I got.

Boku no Pico

Don't you feel afraid about watching something you haven't watched in, like, 15 years? I feel like nostalgia and melancholy could kill me so I don't rewatch certain things, the time gap grows and it just gets worse with every year.

Attached: 1282712421751.jpg (1024x768, 309K)

I don't get what you mean? Is it fear of it not holding up or it will be too overwhelming emotionally?

In any case I rewatch favourites every few years, when it feels right, some I don't ever want to watch again because I want to leave them as they are plus they're too long.

Anyway don't worry about it too much. It's just anime.

>too overwhelming emotionally

Maybe that?
Or maybe it will just make me remember when I was young and had some energy and sense of wonder, so that will depress me. It's hard to explain.

Attached: 1548340362277.jpg (2000x1091, 312K)

Perhaps you could view remembering those times as motivational rather than depressing?

Attached: Omedatou.gif (240x184, 666K)

I don't know why but it doesn't really work, maybe it's just the weight of time.
It only happens with certain works though, others don't do anything to me.

Hmm fair enough.

Also, what anime is the "Are you still in pain" Girl from?

Not anime, just sad anime girl in real environment.
I can try to find you the author if you like, he did some fucked up doujinshi if I remember well.

Attached: DcQi0bkVMAUKlgj.jpg large.jpg (2048x1024, 219K)

That would be neat, I like these pictures.

Digimon Adventure

Attached: 26abefea12924d401981f26dc73ff6d6.jpg (600x502, 105K)

He's called catzz, I think the doujin author just had a similar style, not the same guy.

Attached: 1540659320478.jpg (2000x1418, 475K)

Fuck off and die

This one is my favorite

Attached: 0e9e5c9695f582ceef76bccab135185f.jpg (1200x675, 150K)

Danke, very my aesthetic.

for some reason this rendition of sorairo days makes me very nostalgic
youtube.com/watch?v=nfdDse20abI

Haruhi or Death Note. Watched both when they aired at better points in my life.

Old Fate/Stay Night by Deen and watching Disillusion OP

Attached: 1547679418690.png (401x500, 440K)

Sora no otoshimono or Sakura cardcaptor

Attached: 1e5fb950d2d4e6cca8f6e6b51afdcd41.jpg (1430x1010, 1.3M)

Probably saber marionette. Its usually not the stuff everyone remembers (NGE, Cowboy bebop) but the stuff its mostly forgoten that makes me feel nostalgic. I miss those times so much It was the only reason I decided to watch Tenchi muyo, to feel something really close to watching it again.

Attached: saber. jpg.jpg (1024x1024, 157K)

the last scenes of Endless Waltz

Attached: 1558568021286.jpg (1440x1080, 194K)

DBGT
The whole series feels like an epilogue to a great journey from Dragon Ball. I'm not talking about the last arc, but the whole thing.
Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku really set the tone for the whole thing, it's fucking great.
The series' plot itself is dumb, don't get me wrong.

Attached: main-qimg-4489633ad6bf27e5cc1637fe19706b88.png (602x452, 313K)

despite the fact that i only watched it for the first time last year manabi really gives me a nostalgic feeling. ive heard people talk about inherent nostalgia which is definitely a weird idea but it seems like it might apply here. aside from that, sora no otoshimono.

I never watched Karekano that much compared to other anime during my high school years, but when I hear any single piece of music from that show I tear up. I break like a twig
youtube.com/watch?v=VsJn18xTF_I

Attached: karekano.jpg (750x563, 41K)

Tylor

Attached: 0000.jpg (634x476, 69K)

I'm pretty sad I never had the chance to watch Lain during my teenage years. I'm pretty sure I would have been blown away. It's still pretty good but when you're at an impressionable age, good influences and inspirations are so important.

I have the OST in 4 discs and I haven't touched it in years, I feel the same. The ED is particularly touching, for some reason that way to film life action touches me in some way, Anno did that so often those years.

Attached: 1341144857892.png (624x480, 332K)

that one ending where they're burning the animation cels but playing it backwards

Attached: sadbabby.gif (384x288, 459K)

Naruto

Pretty much anything I saw back in the early 2000s on Toonami

Lmao don't know about that version but the original is first on my workout playlist.

I finished karekano months ago and good thing I didnt watch it when I was younger simply because the opening is so emotional my hurt would ache because of how nostalgic it could be everytime I listen to that song.

youtube.com/watch?v=ISKheE5vEAU

Tenchi, Trigun, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL all give me those feels.

Attached: flcl.png (1920x1080, 427K)