MIRAI WA BOKURA NO TE NO NAKA

Attached: DAAAAOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Gp7qrw1ATxw
mangadex.org/chapter/684841/1
youtube.com/watch?v=7F8xpgcw8oM
youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8p5PZxS_0
youtube.com/watch?v=87bcPisyTHs
mahjong.guide/a-beginners-guide-to-riichi-mahjong/
pastebin.com/T9SdH1ee
youtube.com/watch?v=QmZx5PmidKU
youtube.com/watch?v=1vv_u00Yk6w
youtube.com/watch?v=5F46YiqU1js
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH S3 FUCKING WHEEEEEEEEN?!!?!!???

Attached: kaiji_red.png (864x480, 442K)

Fuck me the 1st opening was amazing and I absolutely despised the 2nd one for the longest time. Started to like it by the Pachinko arc though.
I want to continue with the manga because s3 ain't happening this or the next year for that matter, how bad is the upcoming Mahjong segment for someone completely clueless about the game?

Attached: 1458526093267.gif (400x337, 379K)

>wait 7 years for kaiji s3
>instead shitty tonegawa spin-off gets released
probably never bro

Attached: AAAAAAAA.png (500x300, 158K)

Tonegawa anime was good and comfy for what it was( a comedy show) but I just miss the absolutely ridiculous stakes and tension of Kaiji. There's literally no anime like it.

Attached: kaiji_deathscene.png (1600x900, 1.74M)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: playing-mahjong.jpg (780x439, 93K)

They play a modified version with less rules to keep in mind, so you can just focus on memorizing the tiles, hands, and basic hand structure. You might as well learn Mahjong so you can better understand FKMT's other works like Akagi and Ten though.

YASEGAMAN BAKARI DE
MOU HANTOSHI SUGITA GA
NANI GA KAWATTA KA DARE O?

AAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yea Forums sings when?

ZAWA ~zawa~ ZAWA

Yamanai ame wa, nai to taka, wo kugutteta...

Attached: kino ending.jpg (508x288, 79K)

Nobody talks about the ending
So many feels...
youtu.be/Gp7qrw1ATxw

HE HATES IT

Is Akagi worth it or should I literally learn Mahjong to watch it?

Attached: DAHHHH.png (656x480, 262K)

>shitty
It's a shame about no Kaiji season 3 but let's not say anything crazy.

Attached: mpv-shot0004.jpg (1366x768, 131K)

>he eats that giant bowl of food the first time
>couldn't do it the second time
What was his problem?

Good thread

Attached: 1508541427531.png (356x361, 106K)

I really don't like the current arc. Visiting Kaiji's mom was neat, but the cat and mouse game is just boring and will probably drag on for another 2+ years at this rate. It just sucks.

The Tonegawa manga got a new chapter translated by the way

mangadex.org/chapter/684841/1

this one is pretty underrated imo
youtube.com/watch?v=7F8xpgcw8oM

This is complete crap that shits on a serious moment in the manga about Kaiji's depression. I hate this fucking ED.

Guys... I want a Kurosawa anime...

Attached: 93375.jpg (225x350, 56K)

It's picking up, trust me if you read this part from start to end without waiting weekly this would be your favorite part

c'mon man. We had the first opening portraying depression in a serious way, Why can't we have other one, with humorous approach? Especially that the second season ends somewhat happily

>Kaiji standing on the Benz without taking the star
It's amazing on so many levels

*first ending, I mean

How can anyone hate this song
youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8p5PZxS_0

Attached: n16.png (544x314, 87K)

youtube.com/watch?v=87bcPisyTHs

Attached: isd.png (1920x1080, 1.7M)

Why did they have to fuck it up with bog
>9 episodes of pachinko

Attached: kaiji balls.jpg (1002x536, 108K)

There were so many ups and downs in the pachinkos game parts that I almost dropped the anime
Also: are Pachinkos really a huge thing in Japan? Isnt it gambling?

FKMT really wants you to hate pachinko

Third live action will be released next year, i hope they release the S3 to promote the movie

Too late, the movie comes out in January

>You are Nobuyuki Fukumoto
>Pic related stands on the way
How do you react?

Attached: 38566051516_6a1acf3aa2_b.jpg (683x1024, 233K)

>bog

Attached: bog.jpg (851x479, 44K)

Pachinko is pretty fucking huge in Japan. From what I understand it uses a loophole in Japanese gambling laws: you don't play for money directly, you play for balls that can be exchanged for prices. Those prices you can, of course, sell for money.

It's absolutely worth it. You can learn mahjong or watch it right now. I advise reading mahjong.guide/a-beginners-guide-to-riichi-mahjong/ and/or pastebin.com/T9SdH1ee to get a g ood grasp.

Reminder that it's not just Akagi, it's also Ten, Fukumoto's magnum opus. Last 3 vols WILL make you cry like a bitch.

Attached: 1542384737817.jpg (971x1400, 482K)

Watch Akagi once, then learn to play mahjong, then watch Akagi for the 2nd time, then read the manga. Don't look up spoilers or you'll cuck yourself. Save your 3rd rewatch for 6 years from now when you're skilled at the game and fluent in moonrunes

I'm not joking at all

These are good advice (I did something like this myself) But there's a second option It took me like one week to grasp the game and that's already enough to carry you through the Akagi anime, atleast. Can't tell about Kaiji's mahjong arc because I haven't reread it after learning mahjong.

Mahjong isn't really hard, you only need a bit of practice to get what's going on in Akagi. Being good is only important to notice the more subtle stuff.

They are ridiculously popular, though I insist that it's mostly because it's one of the very few forms of legal gambling.

What a fucking ride it was though.

>Is Akagi worth it

Attached: oof.png (395x658, 139K)

I’m the opposite, so far this is the most fun I’ve had reading kaiji and kaiji is already an insanely fun series to read.

It was kino.
>he moved the entire building

I don't mind that it's light-hearted, they just didn't have to butcher a scene from the manga or most importantly use that hideous song.

What do you all think of Mamiya?

Anime ends right before one of the funniest chapters

Am I the only one who thinks 17 steps is one of the best arcs? Is it because you don't understand how to play? You don't really need to know how to play... you just need to know that you need a specific combination of tiles to complete a hand and you can follow along perfectly fine.

She's really charismatic.

The dark tile gimmick seems stupid.

There's no hype squad of other poor souls in that arc or any arc after that which flattens Kaiji's achievements a bit.

will there ever be an arc where not a single participant knows the rules?

>The dark tile gimmick seems stupid.
Chapter 1 was awesome though. You can tell FKMT's writing improved

S2 should be Hanchou featuring Tonegawa, I want to see the pickling arc, endless eight and the camping chapter from Hanchou.

youtube.com/watch?v=QmZx5PmidKU

>S3 never
why even live

Attached: 1533553694834.png (749x650, 341K)

This was the only OP/ED I liked from Kaiji when I watched it, though I'm starting to like the first OP.

This is your new MC. Say something nice about her!

Attached: Pretty sure the cat is a reference to Akagi.jpg (2048x2048, 445K)

DAAAAAAAAAAA
OOOOOOOOOOO
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

pi piri pipi pipipipi
pi piri pipi pipipipi
pi piri pipi pipipipi
tatata tatata

WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
CHASE THE LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

Attached: 1548197825806.jpg (812x972, 82K)

youtube.com/watch?v=1vv_u00Yk6w

Attached: shachiko dabbing.gif (720x720, 2.32M)

>Literally just gender-swap Kaiji
Dropped and picked up.

Tonegawa was great, Otsuki's episodes were particulary enjoyable.

Attached: otsuki.jpg (1920x1080, 171K)

It couldn't be further away from that. She's supposed to be Akagi's spiritual daughter, the very opposite of Kaiji.

Attached: 1550054842584.jpg (875x1200, 133K)

Tonegawa was better than mahjong game and its one of the best slice of life ever. They should just skip to part 4 wich is not even better than tonegawa. At this point Id prefer a tonegawa s2, strongest man kurosawa or a liar game adaptations. Kaiji used to be great for s1 and s2 but it went slightly downhill after that

It remains to be seen, but I assume she's going to be closer to Ten in personality.

Part 3 is clearly the best Kaiji part though.

That anime should have and op and ed by tatsuro yamashita. Would be the best slice of life in history. Would also appeal to feelfags but at least they would have a good reason to cry.

What's this?

Mamiya, a sequel to one of the akagi series. mc is a girl who plays mahjong

Yamiya no Mamiya, Fukumoto's new manga. Expect heartbreaking Ten/Akagi references and a cool female MC for once.

Attached: 1551370566462.png (809x1194, 605K)

youtube.com/watch?v=5F46YiqU1js

Attached: kaiji1.jpg (226x223, 12K)

Huh, didn't know this existed, sounds cool, thanks!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I didn't know FKMT could even draw cute girls.

females are incapable of displaying the depth of Akagi's character

>implying
lurk more youtube.com/watch?v=7F8xpgcw8oM

She's not cute, she's cool. But FKMT used to draw cute romances before his artstyle became pointy af.

This one seems pretty close to him. But yeah, I don't expect anyone to come close, FKMT didn't write him 35 years for nothing.

Attached: 1548023014098.png (829x1200, 703K)

It was they hypest shit when it came out, IIRC we were like a week behind on subs but still

Best advice in this thread, it's exactly what I did.

Picked the fuck up?
If FKMT actually pulls that one off then he's an actual madman

Wait what is this page from?

Chapter 1 of Mamiya

You're obviously not going to get the full experience if you don't know how to play mahjong, user

You're going to get most of it though. Akagi's philosophy isn't about mahjong, mahjong is just how the author writes metaphors to explain it.

Its his latest manga. I actually didnt know about that till I saw it mentioned in a fkmt thread like 2 weeks ago.

I'VE COME TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT

ANDO IS A BITCH ASS MOTHERFUCKER

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

did nothing wrong

Majong arc was boring in the beginning when it was just them playing the actual game, but then it shifted to a meta game after a really good twist and it became my favourite part of Kaiji. It gets good once he starts going to the bathroom and has his big revelation.

based

KUYASHI

my husbANDOUUUUUUU

Attached: B_kWKfYVAAAfxy6.png large.png (624x1003, 143K)

I'd be okay with a live action movie even.

there are huge as building in a lot of places solely to accommodate pachinko gambling. It is incredibly popular and you trade whatever you get for prizes and sell them back for money.

>if your balls fit through the plate, they're small balls

makeinuuu tachi no...

Attached: Kaiji.png (6079x5065, 1.38M)