Re:Zero: New Chapter

ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/479/

We're back.

Attached: 3b10e49dcf39e70aeee9ed31ff6ea778.png (720x1280, 1.61M)

summary?

Is rem back yet?

>no rem
it's shit

So, you want to know what the fuck happened?
Subaru has some internal whining about the big shocking reveal that Shaula is a Scorpion and seeming traitor. Emilia switches targets to protect Subaru, using all her ice weapons and shit, and Ram is left with Rui. Subaru is feeling like complete shit as he uses Cor Leonis to absorb Ram's fatigue. With more of her strength available, she's able to beat the shit out of Rui. Until Rai wakes up and takes back the controller from his little sister, to paraphrase his own words, right before Ram was about to execute them.

Rai seems to be the superior fighter here, and realizes what Subaru is doing with Cor Leonis, and kicks a concealed knife into Ram's gut. As a result, everyone else starts to realize what Subaru is doing with his Authority, Betty first. Subaru doesn't want to drop the power just yet, since it'd return the damage to Ram. So they all decide to retreat instead, and the Scorpion attacks Rai because he's in the way.

But as they're going to escape, Julius shows up and tells Subaru he has good news and bad news. First, he tells him that they don't need to worry about Roi showing up. Reid appears following him, acting as Reid always does when people ask how he left his floorm, before Julius drops the second bit. Just as Subaru was thinking things would be easier without needing to worry about a second Gluttony.

Before our eyes is the first 'Sword Saint' Reid Astrea. He is Roy Alphard.

Anyhow, that's that. R.I.P, big man.

It's Roid time now.

Attached: EC6cFN4VUAApp5m.png orig.png (800x800, 148K)

Attached: 82029589-A61F-4D82-A54D-EFD94CF7264B.jpg (1200x925, 185K)

does this mean tappei has finished writing for season 2?

Maybe! Maybe we'll have regular updates again, since he's catching up.

But point remains. Final Gluttony is here.

boring

holy shit, just checked WCT and realised all of arc 5 is translated now
honestly never thought id see the day

I don't disagree. It's mostly just been people catching up with known facts, aside from Roid showing up.

I can't wait to see the official Shaula design!

>the big shocking reveal that Shaula is a Scorpion
I'm confused now. How did everyone already know she was a scorpion (giving her scorpion traits in fanart) before it was revealed in the novel? Was it just a coincidence or what

Attached: Shaula (1).jpg (613x903, 290K)

Shaula was always Scorpion-themed. It was noted in her design. Her attacks were described as "stingers", mistranslated as "needle" because it's the same word in Nip. She's named after a star in Scorpio, and the scorpion that showed up had the same kind of attacks as her, was mysteriously already in the building rather than entering from below, and acted like it owed the place, so to speak.

It was obvious.

>acted like it owed the place, so to speak.
how does a scorpion act like it owns the place

That's how the narrative described it, I think. I don't remember so much the precise wording. But it was very obviously Shaula.

okay because I was imagining a Scorpion putting its feet up on a coffee table and smoking

Attached: DdeoGOrVwAEjre0.jpg (900x1200, 101K)

Finally some fucking content

I might actually still be alive to see this arc end

Wait what? What exactly does this imply? Roi beat and ate Reid? Or was Reid hologram man Roi the entire time just pretending?

Remember all the times people wondered how Reid could leave his room and he responded with "Lol, I was bored and felt like taking a walk."? Remember when Subaru noticed his eyepatch was on the wrong side, and he answered with, "Lol, I don't actually need this. I wear it on either eye."?

I think that was Roi.

this shit is too big brained for me

So Reid was just chilling at the tower and at the same time Roi was pretending to be Reid at the tower? So there was two Reids walking around?

I think Roi got the memories one way or another. Either he absorbed them from the book, or he got close enough to eat hologram Reid and replace him.

It was also clued pretty heavily early on that Shaula isn't human. Her physical strength is monstrous even by Astrea standards, she recognizes people by their smell rather than their faces, she can sense witch miasma, and she's especially fond of Meili. It all pointed towards her being a beast from the start.

That opens a wholly new can of worms, though. For example, "why did Roy decide to kick the shit out of Ley in the last route?"

but isn't there an actual reid hanging around?

I just want best boy back.

Attached: EC54TV0U4AAUiAC.jpg (1542x1997, 287K)

Is there?

I think the one inside the trial room is the actual hologram, but Roi is walking around impersonating the one inside that room to spy.

I mean the hologram Reid. I think there is a hologram and the imposter gluttony Reid.

Attached: ECHXhKNUcAA14lc.jpg (4093x2894, 1.31M)

There's any number of reasons. Method acting, being the big bro, or whatever.
It depends on if he ate the hologram or the book.

>almost 1 year since stand up was released

you have to be shitting me

Attached: ECLwl1aUYAE_ilA.png (599x882, 200K)

She's kinda cute, who's this?

I don't know but she sure sleeps alot

Attached: Rem (1371).jpg (960x540, 371K)

Best girl!

Attached: 36590c557eb8de2eac9e37970d4201fe.jpg (564x800, 69K)