Detective Conan

Why is everyone so ready and salivating over this series eventual ending? Everyone's been calling for the end forever now.

I personally wouldn't mind this going on for another 10 years. I'm one of the few that enjoys the ride instead of just waiting for this manga's demise.

Attached: p.jpg (1066x1600, 256K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x8iNkJrD4J8
youtu.be/gZpt-NnPpik
twitter.com/Wsstalkback/status/1165968043459133442
detectiveconanworld.com/
detectiveconaninternational.blogspot.com/p/manga-based-episodes-list.html
detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Detective_Conan_Special
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't mind it continuing. I just want some progression with the actual story since that's the most interesting part.

You're literally me... 10 years ago.
It's time already. A good story has to end eventually, otherwise it's just The Simpsons with the ocasional faint illusion of progression.

Either let time flow normally in the story or end it. The more Gosho crams into a timeframe of less than a year, the harder it gets to maintain suspension of disbelief.
If he let time flow beyond their second year of high school/first grade, I wouldn't mind if the series kept going another decade either, but I doubt Gosho's health will permit that. Better to let the series end while he's still healthy enough to finish it the way he wants to.

If the quality of the cases can remain as consistent as they have been and Aoyama can still be alive to end the series and see its reception after the fact, I wouldn't mind it running a bit longer. I was worried after I got into it it'd be a "ends in 4 years" thing because every time I really like something it ends soon after I get into it, and I wouldn't put it past a long runner to do the same.

Conan is great, the art style changed but overall the writing is pretty much as good as it has always been, for the average case at least. We need another Clash of Red and Black to see how Aoyama currently writes heavy arcs, but I imagine he'd do just fine because of how the story bits have been handled these days anyway.

Conan has seen more corpses than your average world war. It's time.

This, plus the fact that he is suffering a lot from being forced into a form that he didn't want to be in and being unable to live his life the way he wants. Let his torment finally end.

Just pull a Boruto and have the main series end, let the mangaka rest, and some new author can try their hand at a spinoff.

>I personally wouldn't mind this going on for another 10 years
And it probably will

>Zombie Detective Conan is coming
I can't wait for the next arc to guest star Shinzō Abe as he informs the audience about the importance of having children

The movie series is well into zombie territory

This could easily be fixed but they refuse to because they're pandering to the lowest group with big returns. I was willing to just let the action be its own thing but now the movies feel like they're by people who don't like the series or Conan.

I usually get stuck watching modern Simpsons, they also do faint illusions of progressions in the form of future arcs that try to stay with continuity like where the characters end up and what their jobs are. No it's not good because it's modern Simpsons.

In the beginning he clearly had the idea that Conan was going to be about a year long situation and by the end of that year Conan becomes Shinichi again, he stuck with it from the beginning so now whatever happens not even a year can pass because of the original setup. The series wasn't planned to run so long and back then it not being over a year would make sense. He just never adapted its longevity to the timeframe in the series, and I'm fine with that. I don't get why it becomes such a deep thing to people.

Haven't we been teased that the head of the evil organization is either a major or a prominent secondary character for a few years now?
At this point all I want is to hear the bullshit excuse this character has been able to pull the strings from right under the readers' noses for so long
Unless they already revealed who it is and I missed it

Attached: cockatrice.png (142x340, 49K)

>I don't get why it becomes such a deep thing to people.
Because it turns the series into Archie Comics or a sitcom and removes any sense of reality or consequences.

>Haven't we been teased that the head of the evil organization is either a major or a prominent secondary character for a few years now?
I think this was a rumor derived on old plans. It turned out to not be anyone directly connected to the cast.

The time freeze making everything around 8 months didn't even bother me until I saw everyone going in depth about the technology and then that flashback to before Shinichi was shrunk and everyone had tablets. It can be bothersome but as for consequences it never really affected me.

>but now the movies feel like they're by people who don't like the series or Conan.
They are pandering to people who don't read the manga. The fact that Gosho still gives his blessing to the shitshow the movies have become and the focus that certain secondary characters have taken from the main cast brings to mind only one word and that is sell-out.

Because it's nonsense, dude. At this point Conan has literally run into a handful of murders every single day for the past few years.

This is how these kinds of shows work.

They shouldn't, that's the point.

I'll call him a sell-out once it begins to shine through in the manga. You know who is bad but we haven't gotten to the movie's bullshit in them yet.

It was not originally that kind of series and that it's turned into that is detrimental to its quality. Another problem with going on this long is that the cases have lost their originality and any emotional impact. It really feels like the series is phoning it in, even in the manga.

This
I'm pretty sure even if we said every episode was HALF A DAY, which for some is actually impossible but that's how ridiculous this is, and had all movies being non canon, we'd still have had the kid grow back up.
It's the same shit as Pokemon, even if we argued every episode was just a day, Ash would be 13 not still 10

Pokemon's setup is looser than Conan's though.

>literally run into a handful of murders every single day for the past few years.
>Implying that isn't the best structure for criminal dramas that could be reasonably conceived while maintaining a status quo

Attached: image.jpg (620x330, 28K)

Nah, bitch. Flashbacks to his time as a teen detective gaining fame and falling in love with Ran in the first place would be infinitely better. Even featuring an actually young Shinichi reading his father's writing and imagining how the cases go would have been better than solving a murder and immediately walking into another.

I think the signs have already been there in the manga for the past decade. The last time there was a case with actual heart in it, that recaptured that feeling of the early days of DC, was Memories of Sakura Class. Obviously he still cares about his MC and main heroine, but that empathy isn't there in the episodic cases anymore. There is a huge difference between those early manga volumes and the ones from the last 1/3 or so of the series. When I did a reread of the manga recently the decline was obvious, and very disappointing for me as someone who fell in love with Conan during those early volumes. It just became a job for him at some point; the emotion and artistry are mostly gone.

I've kinda felt like the episodic cases are the same as usual beyond the different ones like Sonata where it isn't cut and dried on your knees exposition about why the culprit killed the victim.

I never wanted or expected DC would turn into Murder She Wrote for kids when I started reading/watching it. It didn't seem like it was going to fall into a rut with "maintaining a status quo" back in the 90s-early 00s. At the time readers really thought the plot was going somewhere albeit slowly. At some point after that Gosho started to add more and more new characters in lieu of progressing the plot, and the series started to spin its wheels.
I would have liked this kind of direction for the series. More variation in cases and exploring more of Shinichi's potential as a main character would have helped a lot with monotony.

I feel like I'm usually the only one who still likes it, artstyle aside.

It's been going on for too long.
It should end.

>everyone
where

On this board you can see it pretty often.

if you meant people who ask "this thing is still ongoing"? just ignore them, they're just shitposting and doesn't bother to follow the series.

That but "why is this shit still running I dropped it 10 years ago because--"

Even if he has the mind of an adult, he should still be suffering more from the limitations of being in a child's body. He shouldn't be able to stay up late (like it seems he and Ai do all the time), and his stamina shouldn't be as good as it is.

Also, his adult mind should "exist" within the brain of a child. He would be easily distractible and less filtered due to his body's frontal lobe not being fully developed. But I guess that one gets thrown to anime logic.

Conan gets sick frequently, more than any other character. Although it hasn't been explicitly stated, I wondered if the stress he puts his small body through is responsible for that.
>Also, his adult mind should "exist" within the brain of a child. He would be easily distractible and less filtered due to his body's frontal lobe not being fully developed.
Haibara said that APTX4869 doesn't affect the nervous system, so maybe that's why his brain is still adult.

Ok, so I guess the "brain of a child" thing is out.

The English translators word it differently, but Conan literally says in the introduction "even though I'm smaller, my brain is the same" (小さくなっても頭脳は同じ).

People who read/watch Detective Conan for the "actual story" are stupid.

All of the TLs I've seen say "child with the mind of an adult", if I'm remembering correctly. But I guess it doesn't matter since I just saw this on the Wiki.

Attached: Screenshot_20190825-232646_Chrome.jpg (1440x579, 372K)

The plot is good but you just got too used to everyone shitting on the progression pace that you either forgot or never actually saw it.

Then what are you supposed to watch it for? The characters aren't exactly sexy. Detective Conan would be a great anime if they had more plot. The story itself is just hampered down by excessive filler.

>The characters aren't exactly sexy.
In the old style I'd argue our opinions differ.
>Detective Conan would be a great anime if they had more plot.
Conan is a great anime now. Not that user but give me a break.

You watch for the cases

It's better to end it while the author is still healthy enough to give it a proper send off. He's not getting any younger. Honestly, he's just milking it at this point, and being considerate to the magazine. When he ends Conan, they might as well close up shop, their sales will probably drop by 50% or more.

they will 100% release a spin off when it ends.

This is like Doraemon, it will keep going forever

The cases are just the same thing over and over. The only reason to watch is the characters.

Zero's Tea Time exists already and it was such an awaited release the premiere had their magazine sell out and they had to offer it free online. God damn it I hate Amuro and his freaks of fans.

>The cases are just the same thing over and over.
whoa, could you tell me who the killer is from the latest case?

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if they continued doing cases after everything was resolved. We all just want a resolution for the overarching story and a cure for Shinichi and Sherry. I'd still continue reading if they did sidestories where Shinichi openly solved cases instead of passing hints to the adults. Some sidestories where he trains the kids would be cool too. Maybe they expand Mouri's detective business to include private investigation stuff or investigative journalism and hire the kids as interns when they're in highschool.

He's not gonna turn back into Shinichi, but he's going to be ok with it. He'll tell Ran and ask her to wait for him.

>but he's going to be ok with it
I doubt he'd be okay with it. He's been focused all this time on going back to his old life and he hasn't even seriously considered what it would be like to not be able to. He'd also feel very guilty about making Ran wait at least 10 more years for him.
I don't think Gosho will do that kind of bittersweet ending. It'd be much better if Ran shrunk to be with him.

>It'd be much better if Ran shrunk to be with him.
Please no.

Why not? You got something against a cute loli Ran?

Attached: 1564119251598.jpg (1920x1040, 217K)

Not him but people, mostly outside of Japan, are just gonna bitch that it's a creepy excuse to have two kids be together with the mind to have true lust for each other. After Ayoama's constant mention of how hard he'd fuck Ran and bathe with her this would certainly happen. I'm already tired of hearing similar issues about "problematic" material in the franchise even though the movies are getting more and more infested with what they want and they have no qualms about a half and half with shit like Conan and Amuro.

What his issue was probably isn't this.

Who gives a fuck what people outside of Japan think. The main audience is the Japanese and foreigners are just an afterthought. Japanese people are not nearly as uptight about this stuff in fiction, and the fact that Shinichi and Ran would finally be the same mental and physical age again at that point and would able to grow up together happily ever after would overrule anything else.

Winter Bell is the best opening.

It had a nice uplifting tune, and was during a particularly strong era of the show too.

Attached: 270.jpg (695x520, 84K)

Yeah. It happened to be around when the story was the most cohesive, so that helps.

Sherry will stay as Haibara

All I know is that after everything is over, and the Organization is all destroyed/locked up, I want Shinichi to tell everyone he was close to that he was Conan, even the Detective Boys

I don't see them being able to handle the betrayal, especially Ayumi. If anything, Mitsuhiko could deduce it (I feel like if this was ever planned he'd have had at least one minor moment about it by now) or after they get older Shinichi could tell just him since he's the most levelheaded and rational of the 3. He might also feel a huge relief knowing Ayumi's crush was never going to go anywhere.

That boss reveal was fucking weak man. Really hoped it was someone we knew. All that built up for nothing

Word around is that a long ass time ago it was going to be Agasa but it was changed for being too obvious and Aoyama didn't want to destroy all the good times between him and everyone else.

But is it really a betrayal?

Would they even see it as betrayal? They are small children, I kinda doubt their thinking is this advanced. They might even find it cool as hell

Yeah that would've been even worse I guess

They might see it that way because that's usually how secret identities are seen.

But if it was Agasa, Ai would have found something, literally anything, at some point in the house that would make Agasa seem suspicious.

Not necessarily.

I think the boss reveal was changed before Ai got too involved at Agasa's, if it was the case. There isn't much to go on other than seemingly "at some early point."

When I was younger I thought Conan was going to stay himself and there was going to be a directional change in his life/romance with Ran because I read into the first ED's lyrics too much. The part about "she waits countless days and endless nights but I gotta go my own way."

>that's usually how secret identities are seen.
Well, yes,by grown ups. I could see Ran being confilcted as hell by it. But with the children I'd think they'd just go "daaamn Conan, you were this famous handsome teenage detective this whole time? That's sooo coooool".

Everyone's worried about Gosho dying and not finishing it.

I wonder if this only applies to Conan?
Do people think the same about One Piece, a manga that's been running for just as long?

>Zombie Detective Conan is coming
>Implying that wasn't the Takagi/Sato arc
DC went to shit the moment it shifted focus from the original trio of Conan, Ran and Kogoro(and Sonoko sometimes) to Conan, Agasa, Haibara and the Detective Boys.

>>Implying that wasn't the Takagi/Sato arc
fucking excuse me

>After Ayoama's constant mention of how hard he'd fuck Ran
He never said this did he?
I remember him saying that he wanted to bathe with Ran but he never directly said that he'd fuck her.

Shit arc.
It also was a huge sign of decline for the series when you give side characters nobody cares about so much spotlight but you don't even develop your mains that much.

To the user that mentioned the Diplomatic Immunity script change last thread for the dub, I would also like to question the scriptwriter(s) about some of the changes. It wasn't an emotional scene or even important but I've always been curious why Conan singing in the Two Mix Case cold open was changed from Mune ga Dokidoki to some random thing they made up. The backing instrumental of the OP was still there and it wasn't drowned out so it's a very noticeable difference. I'd love to have heard Alison sing Pounding of My Heart.

Attached: karaoke.jpg (640x480, 81K)

Anyone who doesn't realize how great the Conan anime is really needs to watch the episode from the show's heyday. Preferably from the early 100s to the mid 300s.

Attached: [NAOKI-Raws&倉吉観光協会] 名探偵コナン/Part.09-Vol.4 Ep.231 「謎めいた乗客� (832x624, 257K)

The artstyle of the cel era of that time in the image really resonates with me.

I agree with you on bare principal of what you mean but I have to disagree about this current situation and its execution. You've already made it clear you prefer the simplest times and I won't argue about that, but as for the arc itself it was their way of getting Takagi into the story for his future cases with Conan, it helped showcase his personality as a detective and as a person before he really got involved with Conan. It went on for awhile but so does every arc in the show if it's prominent. Takagi and Sato was very endearing and even into the digital age they had stuff like Sato's previous lover which was part of one of the best cases. It was enjoyable, but that's subjective.

As troublesome as the crowded cast can be (Conan having too many adult allies part of organizations) the cases are still divided up by group, you still have the trios of the Mouris and the Detective Boys (plus Ai who, depending, may not be that focused on.) Sometimes people join them like if it's a Heiji case or if Amuro is tagging along, but there are ample cases where it's just Conan, Ran, and Kogoro.

Attached: casefile.jpg (959x720, 142K)

I can't wait until it starts snowing and I can relax with some hot chocolate and watch some classic Conan. It's been a few years since I was able to do that.

It was weak. Too weak. There's no way this is the real reveal, basically. Like, it's not a fake claim in itself, but there has to be more to this. Be it that Karasuma isn't actually the boss, and is used as a front, or he's taken the drug or something and is actually at least somewhat around.

It has to be the last one because Aoyama said it is him.

These are still the funniest videos I've ever seen.

youtu.be/x8iNkJrD4J8

youtu.be/gZpt-NnPpik

I can't believe how often I see people mention this, it really isn't funny. It's just obnoxious.

The "Check your geography" line is hilarious.

>but as for the arc itself it was their way of getting Takagi into the story for his future cases with Conan
You don't need to get him hitched with the police lady for that.
Either way that shit lasted way too long and I never cared about either characters just like I don't care about the Detective Boys.

Tell me Conan bros, why is Yumi so fat?

Attached: 1549599617208.png (1164x429, 517K)

>Conan bros

twitter.com/Wsstalkback/status/1165968043459133442

Attached: 1562782099156.jpg (562x439, 66K)

An Akai movie is guaranteed to beat a Kid movie, so Conan's higher challenge isn't so tough yet. Try following up an Amuro or Akai movie, or god forbid both, with a movie that has none of the top favorite male characters and attempt to beat it.

This
It's been way too fucking long

Based Kid BTFOing amurofag

Ohnonono yumibros this can't be happening

Are you quite done yet?

I felt bad the anime didn't hype it up at all.

why didnt you protect her smile?

Attached: file.png (1920x1200, 1.16M)

Make a movie plot that will surely beat all other DC movies

I would if she was real damn it.

>Shinichi and Ran get married
>implied sex scene
>have three cute children

conan gets forced to take the drug a second time and turns him into a baby. the only people capable of saving him are kaito and ai

Will Ai do motherly things?

Feel Your Heart is the best

>baby
I'd rather have him become really tiny!

Attached: 1566417883058.png (840x700, 468K)

holy shit why are the movies getting progressively worse? i thought 6 was dogshit but now i'm at 10 and this is just a fuckin slog

I always assumed Ano Kata was going to be Shinichi’s dad, since his parents are shady and suspicious as fuck, and his dad was always apparently training Shinichi in all sorts of unusual stuff for a Japanese kid, like he learned how to drive boats and shoot guns and shit in Hawaii
I remember years ago Aoyama said very specifically that it was going to be somebody we already knew.
I stopped watching a long time ago though

This. The atmosphere was unreal.
Those shows that have that particular atmosphere that makes you feel comfy experiencing them, you know they're great.

Attached: mosaic37ce1ef778d221e646354e58e76f85bc9748af04.jpg (1225x615, 329K)

Why was Takagi a nigger in the anime? Reading the manga I always assumed he's light skinned.

>dozens of cases/episodes where mouri gets millions for solving a case
>somehow constantly out of cash

I think they get better after 10. But that might just be because I saw those in the theater back when the secret organization / Akai stuff was hitting its peak and we thought there were going to be cool reveals
last one I saw was the Aegis one I think

dude he just has a tan from an active lifestyle

Yeah but the manga never potrays him as having a tan. I wonder why the anime team turns him into a nigger.

Is anybody really shaded in the manga? I don’t have my books handy to check, but anyway the manga series started back when you had to apply screen tones by hand from a sheet, so it’s a lot of effort to tint somebody and you’re not necessarily going to get a good result due to the shitty printing in the serial magazines.

>tan == nigger
So are you calling heiji a nigger too?

I would call him one regardless of skin color

that's fair

It doesn't look like a tan skin to me

Attached: images (18).jpg (489x301, 19K)

he looked so much better with the ever so slight tan and spiky hair from earlier seasons. as soon as they started drawing his hair like it was wet the character was ruined

Attached: file.png (512x384, 230K)

He unironically looks way more handsome like this

>6 was dogshit
You and me are enemies.

BRO WE'RE TRAPPED IN SHOVELWARE
*spends 45 minutes doing literally nothing until jack appears and is caught in a 5 minute window*
AND THATS HOW WE KNEW THE KILLER WAS THE BAD MAN (even though jtr has literally nothing to do with the exec and the dying message meant nothing)

Haibara gf please gib me please please gib me

Attached: 02.png (1000x720, 461K)

mitsuhiko is the leader of the black organization

I will fight you.

>episode 435
>ai does an "ah le le" while mocking conan

Attached: 1564098647028.jpg (5000x5000, 3.27M)

>literally nothing
They investigated.

yeah and their investigation had nothing to do with jacks wherabouts or identity. they learned he was the son of one of the victims and then poof he's on a train there goes that plot line

What? Him being the son was part of the ring thing.

yeah and that also had nothing to do with his location. everything they learned about jack didnt reveal diddly fucking shit as to where he was and outside of "x bitch's son" they didnt know his identity either. the only fucking reason they caught him was because they happened on him running away like a retard and saw he had long fingers

MATING WITH SHIHO AND HAVING 15 CHILDREN

MAYBE MORE

as many as humanly possible ideally

Attached: original.gif (500x375, 1019K)

Is it actually near ending? Man, I have to catch up with my rereading, I'm 1/4 in.

as far as i'm aware the only thing that indicates we might be near an ending is episode 500 mentioning "this is the halfway point"

I'm all lubed up and ready for some EoE style showdown with humanity's collective existential terror and cubism and shit

That or maybe a final boss-level local mystery followed by a seven year time skip so we get to see him as the hokage etc.

Attached: impact.jpg (700x386, 99K)

Attached: original.gif (500x369, 1022K)

That literally meant nothing. I dunno why everyone thinks there's some deep meaning into that message.

>the only thing that indicates we might be near an ending is episode 500 mentioning "this is the halfway point"
and you know, the fact we know who the boss is, ran and shinichi are dating, and we're currently on the second in command for the black organization

Finally, an user who understands.
Progressing the main story is fine, but enjoying the entire experience is equally important.

Every time someone comes into these threads wanting to skip canon episodes just to get to the end faster I die inside. user with ADHD from before, you skipped so many fucking episodes dude.

I wonder if they didn't have the rights to use the OP within the episode to be sung by someone else for some reason. Music rights can be very anal about details like that.
Another complaint I have about the script for that episode is how they changed another famous line into something dumb.
>There's no winning or losing, above or below when it comes to deduction.
Because after all... there's always just one truth...
to:
>You know what your trouble is, Harley? A detective must remember... One truth... one truth prevails. Words to live by!
I could have done without the last line they inserted there. And then the line after that which implied Heiji somehow knows about the BO.

Attached: 1564635705765.jpg (832x624, 65K)

Why would you exclude the episode from 1-100? Those have even more of a unique aesthetic than the ones after them, although I like the episodes in the 100s-200s too.

Attached: 1552269892315.jpg (960x720, 98K)

Exactly. Enjoying the full content is the point of the show. Plus, the side-cases are generally fun and interesting.

There is no main story.
Conan is just a dream of the great sleeping Moore!

>but there are ample cases where it's just Conan, Ran, and Kogoro.
Not him, but there's a point in the manga where for long stretches, I think in vols. 50s-60s, for case after case Ran barely appears. After that point she hardly shows up except when there's some kind of Shinichi romance-related case. Then when Sera is introduced Ran starts to appear more, but the Sera/Sonoko/Ran/Conan dynamic is very different from the Kogoro/Ran/Conan one.
When I noticed that is when I started to feel frustrated with the series; it was turning into something else that wasn't the series I came to love in the early volumes with the core cast, because there were already so many other characters getting the spotlight.

The anime staff is always inserting their own stuff that doesn't have much to do with the canon, that's just another example of them taking too many liberties and misleading the audience.

the only time i ever skip/skim through episodes is when the translation is fucking abysmal and just makes it painful to watch. luckily at episode 450 this has only accounted for maybe 7~ episodes and 6 of those were from 2 cases

It makes sense for the big boss of the BO to be some kind of Epstein-like shady billionaire.
>he's taken the drug or something and is actually at least somewhat around.
This is another fan theory. I'd like to see him have a showdown with Conan at the end as a shota or a crossdressing loli.

the big boss is mitsuhiko and that's why he's always near ai

I prefer the "big boss is actually Ayumi" hypothesis. I want to see Conan get totally disgusted and creeped out by him.

>not having the big boss be ayumi but still female and then having them hatefuck in adult forms

Conan is too pure for hatefucking anyone. Ayumi Boss will try to seduce him but he'll kick him through the wall.

what if ayumi holds ran hostage and the ransom is his cock

Conan will do a bait and switch and the cock will actually be Mitsuhiko's.

I want to marry Kazuha.

we know, kaito

Attached: 1551274308497.jpg (600x672, 198K)

Attached: 1540808999989.jpg (832x624, 94K)

patrician taste

Is Kazuha capable of putting out?

Attached: 1553444766329.jpg (704x400, 66K)

Maybe. It's interesting what the reasoning was. It isn't a script change but the video edits could be bothersome too. Mawashite fucking up, using credits that reveals the culprit before you even get to that episode... even if you only watched the Ski Lodge case itself the part 2 preview was trimmed wrong and showed Ran pointing to her teacher.

I think they should have stuck closer to the Diplomat line too instead of focusing on his catchphrase. The BO issue is also confusing, I think it might have just been done for a snarky joke like usual but it's hard to tell because in the Mantendo case they have Conan say Heiji told him the names of Gin and Vodka, and that Diplomat line is the closest we had to that, unless they were just implying there was an offscreen exchange between him and Heiji. They wanted to fill in the inconsistency the anime adaption created for the train bomb case with Gin and Vodka but the Holmes Freak case dub didn't even follow this narrative, he knows Conan is Kudo, then he deduces it for the first time and seems rather normal, then its back to him knowing stuff about the organization. None of this comes up again the few appearances he has later so I guess they were going to pretend it didn't happen and just used it as a crutch to explain something for one case.

Then there's just basic script errors like in Sonata where Seiji says "It was a few days at his funeral when I thought this up" even though he's shown doing it right next to the dead body, or cutting out minor inappropriate things like when Ran hugs Conan in the second episode and he comments on her breasts, or in Ski Lodge after the body searches.
>Never thought I'd get stripped down in this weather
became
>It's absurd that we're playing along with this silly little child's detective game
I keep hearing Funi wanted an older audience for CC but they kept taking child safe routes and even named an episode "A Hunting We Will Go". Adult Swim viewers were expected to watch this.

Attached: ED 14.jpg (630x480, 133K)

She has been wanting to for a long time so I assume her body is incredibly ready to get it on with. I wonder how young she was when she started having urges.

according to the 7th movie she dressed like a whore in third grade sooo

Post whore loli Kazuha.

Attached: file.png (1920x1200, 1.87M)

The anime made Shinichi/Conan's skin color darker over time, too. In the early seasons he was usually pale with a ruddy tint, close to Ran's complexion, but now he looks more tan, even darker than how they currently color Takagi.

Attached: 1552588182478.jpg (1493x480, 255K)

I hate that way they draw the mouth from the side now, the lines are weird.

It was really bad in the early digital era when he was straight-up orange.

Attached: IMG_20190826_164206.jpg (640x480, 50K)

I miss old Shinichi/Conan before he turned orangey/tan. Sure, he's physically active and plays soccer, but not everyone tans from that, and pale skin suited him, made him seem more bookish and reserved. It gave him a stronger contrast to Heiji who's a lot more impulsive and brash in comparison. Now he looks more like an ordinary teen.
I hate most things about the new designs but the mouth is a big one. It's just way too wide now. His whole face got stretched horizontally.

Attached: 1536009963870.jpg (2208x1430, 1.26M)

It will end soon

Attached: 42ad1e04c78d09bd156d5386de0b09c9.gif (303x267, 569K)

Soul vs Soulless

Attached: original.gif (640x360, 3.78M)

>The roastie Maho instead of the lovely Izumi
Shit taste

old conan looks better than new conan but old shinichi looks like a fuckin football

Nah, he was way more handsome with his long thin face. Now he looks hardly different from Conan.

Attached: 1546091847618.png (480x720, 268K)

Shinichi and Conan don't even look 10 years apart anymore.

Attached: 1549374962035.png (836x1200, 1.13M)

Not that the early eps aren't great, but the show REALLY picks up after Haibara is introduced.

Attached: [NAOKI-Raws&倉吉観光協会] 名探偵コナン/Part.05-Vol.8 Ep.129 「黒の組織から� (832x624, 213K)

>inb4 spoonfeeding
Guys, 'member that episode when Conan gets shot in the leg and then turns back to Shinishi in time to surprise Ran for her costume play thingy?
Mind telling me the number of that episode/episodes?
I mean I remember that after that, Shinishi takes Ran to a fancy hotel in order to propose, but then he has to confront an impromptu case and suffers from the turning into a kid symptoms (sweating, heaving breathing etc) and that shit made me sodding wet as a kid, so mind if you help me out with the ep number, I'm planning a wankfest, Thanks!

Check the wiki detectiveconanworld.com/ , the arc is called The Desperate Revival.
What did you find so arousing about it?

>Maho
>roastie
You crazy bastard what the fuck is wrong with you Maho is a perfect waifu

This, Shinichi looks 14 in this page

Makes me think, how would Detective Conan have turned out if instead of being 6-7 Shinichi would've turned back to 12-13

>other characters wouldve had to have been 12-13 to compensate for the change
give me middle school ai and ayumi right fucking now

It would have been impossible for Shinichi to hide his identity from the people who already knew him if he deaged only 3-5 years instead of 10. He would have already started puberty at that point and looked a lot closer to original teenage Shinichi.
I think the behavior and mental abilities of the DBs would make more sense if they were 9-10 instead of 6-7.

This
Would've been at least a little bit more believable
Also Conan progressively ditching Ran for Haibara would've been a good development instead of boring muh childhood friend

Attached: 15.jpg (624x700, 230K)

could change it a bit to where shinichi is a college detective then and then play it off as conan is a younger brother

Something about Shinishi's sweaty flushed face makes my innie all tingly.
Thanks for the tip!

Guess Shinichi's IQ

Attached: 0AD3.jpg (1944x4138, 725K)

Anyone have a particular viewing order for series, specials and movies?

>didnt have sex with ai the moment he met her

I wouldn't mind taking APTX 4869. I actually used to be cute when I was kindergarten age, and plus I'd be able to make healthy changes to prevent myself from becoming the ogre I am now.

detectiveconaninternational.blogspot.com/p/manga-based-episodes-list.html

>Conan
>The character whose only shtick is pumping people full of drug then stood directly behind them to do some poor man's ventriloquist shit hoping noone will never notice him
>Smart

you'll get spoonfed at least for now. its ep 193 The Desperate Revival - The Promised Place

>I'd be able to make healthy changes
Is this code for girl skittles?

So, has Gin never fed some nigger the drug and then watched them shrink or what? Does he always do that "cool guy dont look at explosion shit" and just walked away as soon as he stuff the pill in the mouth?

Attached: eh2.png (900x665, 137K)

I don't know what girl skittles means, but I meant exercising and not letting myself get fat.

If you could work out before you could work out now. You are a fat fuck because you chose to be, even if you got a do-over you would turn into a fat fuck again eventually

Black Organization's child prostitutes have to come from somewhere user.

Ai said that only one of the mice shrunk in testing, and that she wasn't trying to create poison in the first place. And at the point in the story I'm at, Conan and Ai are the only people to shrink.

I do work out now. I made the decision to start exercising again back in May. I'm only saying I wouldn't let myself get this bad if I had a second chance.

Then you should watch 48-49 Diplomat Murder Case too, the same thing happens to him there.
Shinichi in the cel-animated DC era was extremely sexy back then.

Attached: 1559431224929.jpg (1140x615, 117K)

Wasnt there that one shrunken MILF that look suspiciously like Ai too?

I don't know man, I'm barely on episode 312.

the only problem is that it just outright kills you 99.9+% of the time which is the only reason the organization hasn’t figured out that the people they’re looking for are right in front of them but slightly shorter

>sweet release of death
>or a fresh start at the age of 5
I see absolutely no downsides.

You should read the manga too

I wonder how come Gosho doesn't refer to his old art when he draws the characters, especially for Shinichi who's changed the most.

Attached: 1538967118390.jpg (2037x3056, 1.34M)

So, in the Detective Conan world, they go from shitty block cell phones to (basically) iPhones in less than a year?

More like they go from phone booths to smartphones in less than a year.

Hey, the newest chapter's finally out.

Attached: x1.png (836x1200, 1.02M)

Attached: x2.png (836x1200, 1.18M)

Attached: x3.png (836x1200, 1.01M)

"Realistically", shouldn't Conan and friends be 9/10 by now? How old was his initial transformation? 5? 6?

Attached: x4.png (836x1200, 972K)

Attached: x5.png (836x1200, 1M)

Originally he was transformed to roughly the size of a 6yo; now he's 7. It's hard to say how many years should have passed if time flowed normally because Gosho isn't very careful about showing the seasons in chronological order.

Attached: x6.png (836x1200, 1.13M)

i find it pretty dumb that theyre supposed to be that young when most first graders aren't even capable of forming coherent thoughts. they should've been like 9-10

Attached: x7.png (836x1200, 1000K)

Attached: x8.png (836x1200, 1.06M)

Attached: x9.png (836x1200, 822K)

BSI rewrote/localized the clues to the point of being stupidly obvious. If they had been this simple in Japanese, then Heiji and Conan would have figured it out immediately and wouldn't have taken so long to solve them.

Attached: x10.png (836x1200, 1.02M)

Attached: x11.png (836x1200, 1.1M)

Attached: x12.png (836x1200, 1.12M)

Attached: x13.png (836x1200, 1.31M)

Attached: x14.png (836x1200, 1.17M)

Attached: x15.png (836x1200, 1.38M)

And the last page.

Attached: x16.png (836x1200, 1.05M)

I'd like this anime a lot more if they treated Conan like a an actual kid, regardless of any perceived maturity. Like immediately making sure he stays away from dead bodies, since he's like, y'know 7 or whatever.

thanks for the dump, MOMIJI A CUTE!

okay thread, explain this to me

Attached: why.jpg (481x536, 65K)

So, Conan bros, what will Momiji give the winner?

Attached: 20170711183635_8_CM21_1467_01.jpg (1024x586, 61K)

>Maho is a perfect waifu
Yeah if you like getting NTR'ed.
Did you even read the manga?

Rate Conan's love interests from best to worse.

shiho > rest

That's rather bold of you.

It's okay because they all take place in different timelines.

There has always been only one love interest, Ran. Anything else is headcanon

Kogoro tries to keep him away from crime scenes all the time, that's why he keeps bapping him on the head. It's just that Conan never listens to him.

Ran is his one and only love interest, and is coincidentally also best girl.

Attached: 1557089779643.jpg (2006x1426, 536K)

A trip to her bedroom.

A manicured handjob

Attached: 1516282995449.png (1920x1080, 1.42M)

Haibara > shiho

Who do you want to die when they finally have a showdown with bo

mitsuhiko

“Realistically” he got turned into a 7 year old in 1996 so he and the other kids should be 30 years old and Ran should be 40 and single

good choice
amuro

The manga started in 1994. I wish the series had stayed set in that year.

Attached: 1547193696308.jpg (832x624, 73K)

40, single, and ready to mingle

Attached: Ran OVA 9.jpg (1280x720, 40K)

comfy phone booth times

FYI there was an interview that promptly got memory holed where Aoyama implied that the final case in the series will be Conan trying to figure out who killed Ran

Source please

It's just a lot easier to change the year instead of having to constantly check what existed in 1994 and what didn't.

That's what assistants are for. And changing the year and retroactively inserting technology where there wasn't any just messes up the continuity.

He should do a thing like in the live action series where she temporarily dies because there is technically a way to do that.

The very least he could have done was not have a smartphone case flashback to before he shrunk. He should have thought about that harder.

That really irked me. It ruins all those cases where having smartphones around would have changed everything.
If he had compromised and frozen time in 1999 or so before cell phones became commonplace in Japan then it would have worked. Plus the references to the end of the century would have stayed relevant.

Attached: 1560124797183.jpg (2037x3056, 1.67M)

Someone help me: out of all the source material for when Magic Kaito 1412 became an anime, how much was adapted and is a 2nd season possible?

Attached: mk.jpg (3820x1200, 1.56M)

imagine the taste

Attached: 1565610285005.png (1261x938, 1.07M)

Sliding timescales are the most basic shit and should not interfere with your ability to suspend disbelief whatsoever unless you have a brain the size of a macadamia nut.

Are there any other cases where the creator does keyframes for the anime and movies?

did I mention I’m a compulsive liar?

isn't there a spin off made by his assistant or something (but still starring conan)?
they can just continue those "side cases" there

I figured as much. No way Gosho would kill off his heroine.

Attached: 1540682516200.jpg (1012x1513, 240K)

>made the detective boys badge for communication
>smart phone era came
>obsolete now
I guess there's still the tracking feature

Wait it's actually ending?

Not yet, but the mangaka is setting up for the ending.

>haibara spin-off never

It isn't canon so in this instance it isn't an issue but the special manga case adaption with the wideband receiver doesn't work now either.

Akai, Amuro and Kid

Oh shit.
Don't even read or watch this but even I call tell this is big news.
Should be done in a decade or so given the pacing of the series so far.

If the next movie beat kid's will we have an akai spin off?

>Should be done in a decade or so given the pacing of the series so far.
Probably, since the mangaka has to take breaks in between cases for his health. Hopefully he'll survive long enough to finish it.

If it means never having to see him again in the movies or manga, then I'm fine with it. Or he can join Amuro in his.

>never having to see him again in the movies or manga
He has to at least have his resolution moments.

Why is modern Conan always doing that subtle cat mouth smile?

He can make a cameo during the ending. Other than that I'm sick of him, same as Amuro.

The anime staff gave him a harelip to make him more relatable

The anime was 1996 but stop hitting me on the feels with beautiful snow old anime comfy pic you motherfucker.

Suffer with me, user.

Attached: 1556858559220.png (960x1329, 1.33M)

>2009 was 10 years ago

JUST
What is this from anyways? Seems like a remastered episode or something.

Yeah, the remaster of Conan Edogawa Kidnapping Case.

Attached: 1558645651305.jpg (960x720, 106K)

In what resolution do they remaster these?
1080i/1080p? I doubt they remaster the at 720.
4k would be nice.

>tfw full 4K bluray releases of Conan cel era probably never ever

If you take out all the stories that dont advance the plot, how long would the manga be?

so that i can see the ending before gosho drops dead

They've only been released as reruns on broadcast TV, and these 720p rips are all we have of them. I hope they'll release them on BD someday at higher resolution. But there are a lot of early episodes and OP/EDs that haven't been remastered yet, and who knows if they still have access to the masters for those. They've been airing these seemingly at random.

Attached: 1556921748981.jpg (960x720, 99K)

dont jinx it

Just a few volumes long. But then you'd be missing all of the cases where there's character/relationship development. The BO plot cases would lose their impact if you only read those without bonding with the characters.

>>tfw full 4K bluray releases of Conan cel era probably never ever
This is what the first 6 movie remasters are supposed to be I think, but the rips are 1080p.

When will we have an arc as long as Clash again?

>I personally wouldn't mind this going on for another 10 years
yeah i said the same thing 10 years ago

Depends on how long they plan on drawing this out. If we have one before the end of the year, and it's not the end of the series, then it's going to be a long time.

his dad is totally the real shadow boss behind the black organization
look at that fucking Hitler stache
and don’t you think a regular dad would be a little more concerned that some super hard ass motherfuckers apparently tried to kill his son and are still trying to catch him?
His dad is training Shinichi in order to give him the clandestine and analytical skills he needs to become the next leader of the black organization

What happened to his friends high in the government? Retconned?

Nah those were remastered at 4k and the Blurays themselves are only 1080p.

So, I'm guessing the TV Network which shows these remasters is 720p only.
If so, at what resolution did they remaster these episodes in the studio?

Are we sure these aren't just some very well done upscales?

>His dad is training Shinichi in order to give him the clandestine and analytical skills he needs to become the next leader of the black organization
Shinichi would never accept. The Black Organization has given him enough stress and life-or-death experiences that he should have gray hairs as a 7 year old.

>If so, at what resolution did they remaster these episodes in the studio?
I don't know. I looked around the Japanese web for the answer but I didn't find anything.
>Are we sure these aren't just some very well done upscales?
They have extra detail that I normally don't see on an upscale.

Attached: 1563367623330.jpg (1920x720, 466K)

>and don’t you think a regular dad would be a little more concerned that some super hard ass motherfuckers apparently tried to kill his son and are still trying to catch him?
He isn't a regular dad, he's an autist who treats real life like it's one of his novels. When Shinichi was a kid even Kogoro criticized his parenting as too irresponsible.

Attached: 1548025494171.jpg (1920x1040, 300K)

Any explanation why Ran live with Kogoro and not with Eri? I know they're not divorced yet but just looking at a glance Eri seems like a better choice.
Also how long already are they not live on same roof?

Didn't Eri move further away? Ran probably wanted to stay close to Jimmy and school too.

tfw no vermouth mommy gf

She seems abusive as a mom and not in the fun way.

iirc, they haven't divorce yet
Only living separately

nvm, ignore this reply, I'm dumb and didn't read your post thoroughly

There's no way Shinichi was shrunk over the age of five. He's supposedly 7, but in episode 340 when him and Shiho are looking for something her sister left behind in the bathroom, they're both shorter than the toilet.

>ver will never abuse you
why even live

It's a cartoon. Heights are exaggerated for effect and not meant to be taken literally.

I miss my tiny Conan and Ai's.

I want a boyfriend like takagi

Are you a woman?

Of course, user

I think that Rumi Wakasa maybe Ai's mother and she didn't die in that exploding years ago. If the drug Ai's mom and dad was working on was like a prototype of the drug Ai made. Then she could of took it years ago and became younger too

Gosho said her mom died.

Yeah, to throw everyone off.

>he hasn't read miyanos flashback
>they were still alive, also small akemi
right in the feels

he never retract his interview answer, that's why it's canon tier is only below manga.

who the fuck is jimmy

>who is Jimmy

Attached: Screenshot_20190827-024253_Chrome.jpg (1434x1510, 635K)

what the fuck

read this too, frens detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Detective_Conan_Special

dude no

at least the scanlator was honest

Attached: a2.jpg (857x1412, 719K)

Well yeah I did and she reaffirmed her status of waifu
Only issue was having a dude for a roommate but she never fucked him

This reminds me of Bunta sending Takumi to do deliveries at 4 AM since he was 12 just to make him a good racer

Did they?

Attached: p.jpg (1066x1600, 296K)

pretty sure gin has fucked all his subordinates

No user, they just made cocktails and drank together, they are still pure.

That would imply some gay shit.

and?

A doujin probably exists somewhere.

Pretty sure she means "dry martini" as the cocktail, pretty sexy tho.

I know this isn't necessarily a battle shonen, but who are the best martial arts in the series? Ran has my vote for #1. She could probably beat Makoto's ass.

Can confirm
I've read some on pixiv

Dude that's nasty.

For all intensive purposes, Ran is the 2nd highest, if not the highest, martial artist in the show (who's not part of an organization). She can dodge a bullet fired from a gun less than 3 feet away, and she can fight evenly with Black Organization operatives. Hell, Shinichi and Ran could probably take down the whole Black Organization base together.

Attached: 20190827_060311.jpg (1509x2555, 1.09M)

Oh shit she really did ask him to fuck
Don't know how a woman could be attracted by him, he's too much of a sociopath

Women are into bad boys what's new.

I know but Gin is a really intimidating motherfucker

Gin actually was my childhood crush

Makoto dodge a bullet from a fucking shotgun. I'm no expert on firearm but pretty sure bullet from shotgun is faster.

how far away was the shotgun fired from? generally a shotgun projectile will have a higher muzzle velocity than a pistol but less than a rifle.

Breasts too small.

this is a bad post

all posts on this site are fundamentally bad posts

The most important thing about the waifu is that she has huge breasts.

the most important part of the waifu is the thighs

is there a single motive more boring than debt

having your novel stolen but you never wrote a novel in the first place

Conan pioneered the story telling of giving autistic side characters unneeded screen time. This was later emulated by western cartoons.

Adultery

whores must be punished though
debt is your own fault

The west doesn't care enough about conan to emulate anything from it.

Conan is basically Murder, She Wrote in pedo cartoon form

it really pains me that im gonna have to re-read or rewatch since i haven't kept up in few years but this is the greatest mystery in an anime i've ever seen so FUCK IT

iktf. i only watched to like episode 170 originally (mostly because of the dub) when i was younger and trying to catch up now is a chore. started last month and only halfway done

wwyd in this situation?

Attached: a day in the life.png (800x450, 326K)

Housewife Ai making me sandwiches while I get ready for work is honestly one of my biggest comfy fantasies.

500 episodes in a month?

its not as bad as it sounds when you have two monitors but yeah 500 a month

>two monitors
Do you by any chance have Doctor Strangelove syndrome?

what? no. i play games that require little to no thought on one monitor and watch anime on the other

in the end, it's all worth it imo

Attached: dc.jpg (360x240, 19K)

>For all intensive purposes
Because it's a doggy doggy world
Anyway, movies are not canon, manga Ran is a human being unlike movie Ran, and probably can't dodge bullets.