He really is the best

He really is the best

Attached: 128183.jpg (610x333, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2019-06-19/hideaki-anno-after-evangelion/.148019
youtube.com/watch?v=7SeiwBKuFNA
pastebin.com/yeyz423G
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The best what? What are goblins good at?

He’s just a goofy otaku who likes ultraman and Gundam

He's a hack

>haven't done anything worthwhile outside of eva
He will always be in the shadow of the great Hayao Miyazaki.

Attached: sasuga, master.jpg (1191x480, 106K)

Holy shit this is hilarious

Attached: 1561655006206.webm (1000x418, 773K)

Talent-less hack

This was unironically one of the most kino scenes I've ever seen in cinema

Like I said, worthwhile.

Attached: genius.jpg (1200x907, 127K)

At not knowing what he was doing?

Why are his ears so huge? Is that a sign of brilliance?

For me, it's Kare Kano.
It doesn't really pop up as much as I expect in Anno threads, which is surprising, it's not an obscure show

Attached: 743DBDBC-0DFF-4AEB-8112-13DDA5B93046.jpg (1280x960, 200K)

Anno is our prophet and saviour.

Attached: Remains-of-Buddha-Found.jpg (1200x630, 72K)

isn't that the one the creator said didn't like so anno never got to finish?

for me it's cutie honey

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

>isn't that the one the creator said didn't like so anno never got to finish?
Yeah. Apparently they didn't like the comedic approach Gainax took, which is stupid considering most of the jokes were lifted from the manga. I guess she thought the direction the show was going wasn't acceptable since the manga was getting edgier chapter by chapter

>evangelion was amazing but it suffered from low budget
>I'll recreate evangelion in the way I intended it to be if I had enough time and budget
>creates rebuild movies
>they fucking suck
man I love anno but I'm starting to think he's not that great and he was just lucky with evangelion, it captured his depression at the time and it turned into something artistic and relatable enough for teens who felt out of place

>>I'll recreate evangelion in the way I intended it to be if I had enough time and budget
did he ever say this or are you just ad libbing? it's no denying mid 1990s Anno was peak Anno but I always assumed the rebuilds were a half-assed cash grab like everything "evangelion" after the original series
also nge never suffered from budget issues, only time issues. people like to throw out budget issues cause the last episodes looked like shit but they actually had to scrap all their animation the last episodes and as anno only ever began working on an episode after the last one aired, the schedule was too tight to make anything new

I can't find the original interview but I found a news article talking about it animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2019-06-19/hideaki-anno-after-evangelion/.148019

"Though there was considerable chatter on why Anno was remaking his subversive medium-defining series, it was reported by the Anime News Service that because he was no longer “constrained by technological limitation of 12 years ago, Director Hideaki Anno is said to be happy that he can finally recreate Eva “as he wanted it to be” in the beginning.”

>>haven't done anything worthwhile outside of eva
The only way you could think this is if you only watched Eva.

Yes

It's not a good show, though

It is a fantastic one.

It's not, get better taste

>and he was just lucky with evangelion, it captured his depression at the time and it turned into something artistic and relatable enough for teens who felt out of place
Oh wow, what a revelation. That's literally what it's being praised for. Certainly doesn't receive recognition for tight storyboarding and a well structured narrative.

KareKano is one of the best anime out there, you can't get better taste than that.

Why did they invite him back to his elementary school?

Watch more Anime, or even just watch more shoujo. It's mediocre at best.

it's a shame he hasn't captured the same vibe for the rebuilds, they could've been better than the original series had he chosen to make five movies instead of four and focus less on the fanservice and more on the character development

But everything I watch just makes Karekano seem
even better.

You can't replicate a diceroll. It was a bunch of random shit thrown into a mixer and miraculously ended up being great.

Silence , fucking American pig ! Anno is Scum Amerifat pig! Come to india ! Come to India ! Come here ! You Will be dead by Me ! Come on Pathetic big Coward!

nothing will come close to destitute and lonely failing-director anno

this song is the only good thing that came out of the rebuilds
youtube.com/watch?v=7SeiwBKuFNA

Exactly.
Anno can be one of Japan's best in animation/LA-edition, but he still is a Ultraman/Tominoshit fanboy in the end of the day.

And Nagaishit, too
pastebin.com/yeyz423G