NINE LIVES ASSPULL

>NINE LIVES ASSPULL
Are you ready?

Attached: mpv-shot0557.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FxqOZFheuW4
youtubemultiplier.com/5d6093cf5c296-when-gilcucks-say-it-doesn-t-count-electric-boogal.php
files.catbox.moe/ec2qx0.webm
nyaa.si/view/1169388
youtu.be/QLDYPFfnm3g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ofcourse !!!

Attached: Berserker 333.png (800x600, 452K)

>movie skipped the post surgery scene

Rin told Shirou about the arm tho

fuck that, are you ready for this

Attached: kireiquotes.png (1920x1080, 71K)

When will this fagboy finally give in to old men. I know it's very hard for him to act straight

can't wait

Attached: triggeroff.png (1920x1080, 2.44M)

This scene really is the worst, though. If Archer's traced weapons really gave him the stats and skills of the original owners, then he'd be a much more powerful servant than he actually is.

That's why Archer prefers to use K&B, since they don't have an original owner that influences his style. We see the weapons affecting Shirou during the entirety of UBW, it's why he can defend against Kuzuki for like a minute

I understand that much, but Archer's low stats are part of what balances him as a servant. If he could take his strength from D-rank to A-rank by tracing Heracles's stick, then there's really no good reason not to do so when fighting, say, Heracles, who can only be harmed by A-rank attacks. He didn't, though.

I just want to see the best ending... normal ending

Attached: file.jpg (628x480, 36K)

If you're not braindead you'll get it.

Damn, I always forget just how fucking RIPPED Archer is.

It's because Archer has a peculiar sense of pride. He refuses to be a fake, so he wants to actually accomplish things of his own. That's why it notes in his Complete Material entry that he "loves melee combat".

Besides, if he wants to kill something the A+ rank broken phantasm Caladbolg II pretty much kills everything.

Just trace Berserker's Sword and the Monohoshizao and pull off a Tsubame Nine Lives.
Easy win.

Well, we know he killed Heracles 6 times over in Fate, how he did it each time is not known, but maybe he did trace his stone slab to increase his strength. In reality, Archer very seldom fights seriously in the VN, since he's just trying to kill Shirou and doesn't care about the grail at all.

I'm ready for this.

Attached: letsgohomesakura.jpg (800x600, 125K)

Nasu rules can only be hard if its in mats or someone else is writing. Otherwise his rules are soft as play-doh.
Shirou has to be able to make it to the end of the story, so he can do things in that story that he can't actually do. It's just author fiat.

EVERYBODY WAS KUNG FU FIGHTING!

But seriously I don't expect UFO to do it justice.

Actually, both of you forget that the weapons Archer traces get degraded by a rank, hence why he uses broken phantasms, but these consume a considerable amount of prana with each use, hence his troubles with Heracles.

Nine Lives is more a skill and Tsubame Gay Shit is literally a skill.

You here?

Kill yourselves, shills

fucking sakura fags, holy shit

Despite the attempts to make Garcher seem really weak in a lot of respects he has all the components to be an absolutely busted servant with a non-retarded master and any degree of motivation.

I believe Archer's traced weapons are reduced by one rank of divine mystery. I don't think they necessarily have to be weaker in other respects.

That said the concept of divine mystery just exists in that respect to make him somewhat weaker than someone who can literally copy the weapons, styles, and strengths of damn near anybody else should be.

He's the definition of B+. Can peak ridiculously high but his base performance isn't all that good. But it makes sense, he must have been thinking about how to beat all the Servants in his HGW his whole life as he built his skillset.

He's versatile enough to beat just about anyone, though.
Motherfucker tangled with Herc and probably really only lost from running out of mana.
A proper Archer Alter controlled by Dark Sakura would fucking destroy anyone.

Ilya would have better compatibility. The darkening would probably result in his Mind's Eye dropping, as per Demiya's profile about brainwashing.

Of course, he's still a lazy bum outside of housework and cooking, so good luck getting him to actually do anything.

>5th war but Illya summons Archer instead
What changes?

Archer Alter controlled by an dark sakura sounds like a counter guardian.

Shirou is COMPLETELY fucked.

Attached: archer ilya lancer gil kotomine shinji 50361641_p13.jpg (1300x900, 185K)

Isn't the implication that Archer resulted not from Mind of Steel route but rather from an unknown Ilya route anyway? So we get mindbroken archer.

And instead of getting torn in half by herc, Shirou gets caladnuked.

Does Rin still get Archer EMIYA or does she get Archer Gilgamesh? Regardless we'd get two of the same Archer meeting each other at some point, so I am totally OK with that.

Because tracing a servant's weapon just results in a pale imitation. The only reason tracing Herc's sword worked against Berserker was because he was already blind, half dead, and mindlessly charging at Shirou. If Archer for example traced Gae Bolg to get Cu's speed so he could keep up with him, the result would be Archer fighting as a poor imitation of Cu, and Cu would smoke him. Shirou says as much in his fight with Gilgamesh: against any heroic spirit who's mastered one weapon, the ability to create fake is worthless. The only reason Archer and Shirou can beat Gil is UBW has a higher swords per second rate than GoB.

Archer is fully aware that he can't compete with other servants by fighting as a degraded copy, so he primarily uses his own weapons and techniques, with the occasional broken phantasm.

The entire war would get it's balance thrown off by the butterfly effect, probably.
I think Archer wouldn't aim to kill Shirou, he'd probably just let Illya do whatever she wants to him after capturing him.

EMIYA with Illya as his Master would probably have all his parameters a rank higher than they were under Rin.
He'd also be able to prevent Saber and Rin from rescuing Shirou.

That's why you should use them against those who are weak towards a specific skillset. You know, like how Gil has the weakness of all Servants, except with tracing Emiya actually gets all the skills too.
>Oh you're weak to spearmen? Don't mind if I do.
>Huh, so you were defeated by weapon X and died? I guess that'd be your kryptonite then lol
>Your people have a conceptual weakness to this other people who conquered you? Well, I guess I shouldn't use this weapon of that culture then against you. Whoops, too late.
The shitposting potential is absolutely immense.

Attached: archer10013670.jpg (1264x854, 998K)

Which is stupid logic since as long as he has a master providing enough mana for him he can just throw nukes everywhere. Just because he gets beat in a knock down fight or is weak against someone with protection from arrows, it's just typical nasu wank that the guy who can literally copy anything perfectly (except this makes it worse even though battle experience copies the strength and experience because nasu) is shit at everything.

There's no denying that Archer is a low tier servant because the VN goes out of its way to point that out, not to mention getting no fame boosts or anything, but his skillset alone, given appropriate mana- and given what he was able to do after having his master / servant connection severed and just handing out for a few days- he should be a monster.

Archer should have just been written as a weaker character and not presented as someone who can trace anything- he DID block a full on thrown Gae Bulge with a shield that is well outside of his usual forte to trace afterall, even if it did beat him up pretty bad- instead of "look at this character that can do this awesome shit, mixes it up with literal top tier servants from the toughest holy grail war roster like herc and caster medea with decent results, but nah he's weak".

If Kiritsugu had drawn Archer threw some sort of weird providence for the 4th HGW he would have stomped everyone other than Gil flat effortlessly, even as a mediocre mage.

If Kerry had drawn EMIYA he would have died from an arrow between the eyes before he could say a word to him.

Imagine thinking this.

Archer is wasted as a Servant. His abilities are meant to be used with infinite mana supply. When he gets summoned as a Counter Guardian by Alaya, he has access to the world's power, like a much weaker version of a True Ancestor. Archer can probably make use of the true abilities of countless heroes and noble phantasms. Overcharging projections and using them as Broken Phantasms is the weak dumbass way of doing it, but it's mana efficient. Even with a broken master like Rin, there's still a limit to how much mana she can supply.

Speaking of which, UBW wouldn't be his main weapon when he is summoned properly. As a reality marble, it's function is to overwrite part of the world, basically isolating him in his own world. When the counter force summons heroic spirits, they get their power from the world. Put two and two together, if he uses a reality marble, his power supply gets cut off and he's basically running on battery, so it still has a short time limit. That goes for ANY counter guardian with a reality marble though, not just Archer.

Did Archer ever express any enmity towards Kiritsugu? I don't think he did, he just greatly regretted the choices he personally made that resulted in him having to kill a bazillion people.

Nah, Archer has serious beef with Shirou but he still respects Kerry more or less. They'd have some arguments, but since Archer can just go "yeah the grail is fucked, this isn't gonna work" with his future knowledge, Kerry would have to give in.

Plus with Iris ridiculous magical capacity, Archer could even stick around afterwards and be Ilya's oniichan.

Attached: archer kerry ilya 33272211_p0.jpg (700x750, 184K)

Oh yeah, I forgot that Iri supplied the mana for Seiba in Zero or something like that. Yeah, Garcher stomps hard in that case.

Never once Redman expressed any hate for Kerry, only being grateful for being saved just like any other Shirou. And killing Kerry has no chance of wiping him from throne so no reason to bother.

What's the best release of the first movie? Did any fansub groups do it?

Attached: 1543138046232.jpg (810x656, 116K)

Honestly, Archer can probably just immediately bring up the corruption, help Kiritsugu nuke the Greater Grail and escape Fuyuki with Illya and Iri and stick around thanks to Iri's magical energy.

If Kiritsugu summons Redman then Tokiomi gets random saber class servant?

>Saber Gil
>can't use GoB as a projectile launcher
Get fucked.

Shirou projecting NLBW isn't an asspull.

Tokiomi used the snake skin to summon, so isn't he locked into Gil? Other possibilities would be heroes related to snakes/dragons I guess; that would really suck for Tokiomi.

Gil doesn't qualify for saber class apparently.

EMIYA being weak has always been a shitty meme Nasu tries his hardest to spread so Archer can look more awesome when he actually gets shit done.

9 lives was always bullshit since you could delete several with one attack as shown with Caliburn and you can just use one attack repeatedly like Saber Alter, Berserker is a dedicated jobber, got repelled by Fake Assassin, btfo by Saber Alter, Rin could land attacks that did serious damage, Caliburn blew him out despite being weaker than Excalibur and now this

Archer's arm, Fake Assassin, Saber Alter, Rin and Caliburn are just the top tiers of Fate's power levels bro.

Illya thinks you ruined her life and is coming to your house to kill you, how would you survive?

Tokiomi summons Caster Gil and Ryuunosuke gets Saber Bluebeard

Attached: gil_3.jpg (1241x1710, 199K)

I would check those quads

Call Archer and convince him to fire Caladbolg at Berserker.

It is kind of embarassing to have a author that actively powerscales his series, but is hilariously bad at it like Nasu, since he wants to make it fit with the supposed stakes and lore, even when the actual plot and capabilities he gave the characters paint a very different picture

>Shiki walks down the street and just kills the most powerful being on the planet accidentally with a speedblitz
>proceeds to die a lot to everything
Nice writing.

Nasu is only good when he's coming up with ideas, and someone sensible is filtering through them.

Nasu now has too much influence for the shit to be filtered by anyone.
Leading to Extra/Extella/GO being nonsensical messes.

Maybe you're just too dumb to get it, brainlet

Honestly he's kind of fucked the moment she figures out his identity through the dreams (she has a month to do this) since this is before Illya decided to give up on killing Shirou.

Ah yes, but I'm not ready to let Illya go

Attached: ShirouTrace.jpg (800x600, 53K)

Calling it right now. 50% of the movie will be Shirou vs Kirei because Ufotable cant adapt something without swinging their animation dick as much as possible.

Eh, Einzberns might not let her do that though. So she might end up going through the same thing with Archer as she did with Berserker in the end.

the Rule breaker has to be the most underrated scene of all heaven's feel. I guess it being followed by the fist fight undermines it

10% Kirei vs Assassin, stretched out 15% Nine Lives, 30% Saber vs Rider+Shirou, 15% Rin vs Sakura, 25% Shirou vs Kirei, 5% "dialogue"

Archer is weak. He's just competent and has one powerful ability, which fully compensates for this fact.
That's the concept behind his character.

I mean, Archer would save her from the wolves, and she'd probably end up getting somewhat attached to Archer.

I tell her not to turn me into a little doll for her to play with, as that would surely be a worse fate than death.

They dont win because Illya would be like "muh feelings for oniichan" and Archer would be like "muh complicated ideals".
These wars are always full of sentimentalists.

Its a shirouxsakura scene, and those scenes have got lots of love so far, so I am hopeful

Well, I guess you know what you're doing.

youtube.com/watch?v=FxqOZFheuW4

How will they fuck up the scene leading up to it?

Actually, if Illya summons Archer, wouldn't he just help her bust out of the Einzbern Castle and also fucking nuke them for good measure?

>Imagine being this retarded

No shit an assassin with the strongest offensive ability known to man would kill her if he gets her by surprise. Arc doesn't have eyes on the back of her head no matter how strong she is.

Wish that worm slut would have killed herself

who would Rin summon in Archer's original route?

Attached: trin.jpg (920x860, 188K)

>I want to kill Kiritsugu's son!
>You got sis
And then Shirou died the first night

Attached: smug chibi man.png (600x422, 450K)

KEK

Will Sudo give them rings?

Attached: D2LVXsiUwAATg2g.jpg (1199x875, 55K)

Eat shit Gil

If they want to expand the ending after the sakura petals scene, I hope they end with sakura and shirou sitting in the same place shirou and kiritsugu were when kiritsugu dies. Would be a cool pararel

>branches into a Prisma Ilya+Archer route
>Archer insists on sticking around Fuyuki as much as possible to ensure shirou doesn't go seigi no mikata

youtubemultiplier.com/5d6093cf5c296-when-gilcucks-say-it-doesn-t-count-electric-boogal.php

Unironically a kino ending. Fits pretty well with the "saga" ufotable made since both Zero and UBW had that scene too.

>What changes?
Can probably use excalibur withot dying and unlimited UBW probably can rape Gilgamesh too

what if she gets herc archer?

Herc had to be summoned as a berserker because if he were any other class he would have slaughtered the Einzberns and taken Illya far away from the war.

I mean, EMIYA might also do that though.

But what if the Einzberns summoned EMIYA and applied the Berserker chant?

Herc archer could rape Gil too but pretty sure Einzberns would not survive either

Either Madness Enhancement E or Madness Enhancement EX.

E being "I'm slightly angrier than usual"
EX being full on Counter Guardian mode

Shirou isn't really the sort to go berserk like warriors of old.

>believing this
Gilrapes.

As long as a servant has divinity they can't win against Gil

I imagine Berserker EMIYA would be mind of steel Shirou. Entire passion and emotion is put solely into achieving efficiency to the maximum, the so-called "silent rage".

Imagine believing this when SF and world materials prove you wrong and literally say herc as a heroic spirit is only "close" to the strongest, who at the time was Gilgamesh

Attached: how strong Emiya is.png (943x566, 11K)

Naruhodo

Hell yeah, also Priest vs Hedgehog

Attached: Fate ⁄ Stay Night Heaven's Feel II - Lost Butterfly [1080p][x265][AAC2.0].mkv_snapshot_01.56. (1920x1080, 164K)

>What's the best release of the first movie?

The official release.

>Did any fansub groups do it?

No

>Most of the movie will be action
Are ufotable animators kill?

So Shirou beat Saber Alter by tracing Archer's abilities.

But wouldn't Archer get fucking shredded by Saber in a sword fight? He gets beat by her in like two seconds both times they fight. Why is Shirou with Archer's arm like ten times stronger than Archer?

Attached: eIrzMPG.jpg (1024x768, 80K)

Archer as never trying to kill her and never really took the war seriously enough to go all out in any route except Fate where he fucking owns Herc.

The first time Saber beat him was when he was having nostalgia flashbacks, the second time Saber beat him was when she was on Rin steroids and Archer didn't have a master. If Saber's master is Shirou he probably even has an edge over her in close range combat, despite not being as good at it than a bow.

But Saber Alter is as strong or stronger than Rin-Saber while Shirou is weaker than Archer. So it still makes no sense.

Also, somehow Kanshou and Bakuya hold up that whole fight until the very end despite Lancer being able to break them whenever he feels like it when he fights Archer.

Saber Alter has shit tier Agility.

>dies
>owns herc

Saber Alter has greater durability and strength, in addition to the ability to spam Excalibur (which she can't fully release in the cave without it falling on her) than Rin Saber but her agility and instinct are decreased. Also, Lancer never broke Archer's Kanshou and Bakuya, he only disarmed him.

he killed the motherfucker six times, bitch got owned

He only let Herc win so his past self has an excuse to have an epic threesome.

Only 6 times? How cute.

Attached: [Commie] Fate⁄stay Night Unlimited Blade Works - 23 [6C195A8E].mkv_snapshot_07.44_[2015.06.13_16.3 (1280x720, 302K)

>Posts the character that got defeated from the machinations of EMIYA's 10x weaker younger self in 2 of 3 routes.

Attached: ARGH.jpg (800x600, 86K)

How do you anons think I did with these subs I edited?
files.catbox.moe/ec2qx0.webm

Attached: Fate Stay Night Heaven's Feel II - Lost Butterfly [BDRip 1920x1080 x264 FLAC].mkv_snapshot_01.4 (1920x1080, 3.15M)

*gets sniped*

>needs hard counter to win any fight
LOL

way better than the official subs, good job user

>Has every single noble phantasm
>Doesn't get the skills and experience of the previous owners and wields them all ineptly
UBW > GOB

I didn't really like it for several reasons. Rule Breaker itself isn't mentioned or used in the entirety of Heaven's Feel, and Shirou using it gets some kind of handwavey explanation like it being in Archer's memories or something, so however much it's rationalized, it still feels somewhat asspullish.

The other issue is how it opens up a massive can of worms regarding why there was no attempt to make use of it earlier. Shirou knows Sakura's affliction is similar to a Servant contract as soon as he has his discussion with Zouken, so what was preventing him from trying to poke her at any point from his return home to being assaulted by Sakura at his house to the attack on the Einzbern mansion? There was ample opportunity to instantly free her and reduce the problem to that of a mass of corrupted grail energy. Unless I'm forgetting something major, it makes everything seem like Shirou was inexplicably stupid for a while to allow the narrative to save Sakura from the Zouken worm.

Thanks!
I'm actually hoping I can get some people to check my work. Would you be interested?

The only thing rule breaker does is break the contract Angra Mainyu has with Sakura, which is only formed after she kills Shinji and gives in to Humanity's evils, so it wouldn't normally work unless she becomes dark Sakura. It's also stated Angra Mainyu can just make a contract with her again anyway if the contract is broken, so it would only be an effective solution if the greater grail is about to be destroyed.

I ended up watching the official BD and the subs were solid

Attached: 1562975282261.jpg (1920x1080, 356K)

Who would win in a fight, Gil or Saber Alter?

Shirou is able to figure out what a weapon is, what it does, and what its made of (other than Each), at a glance, which is demonstrated in all 3 routes.
Saber Alter was also around the next time he saw Sakura and would kill Shirou instantly had he tried to break the contract then.

I would if MPC allowed me to add subs, at least it didn't let me add the ones from the mediafire sub user (I don't know if that was you). I think the problem is just the rips I downloaded (I have both [BDRip] Fate Stay Night Heaven's Feel II - Lost Butterfly [1080p 10-Bits FLAC], and [BDMV] Fate/stay night [Heaven's Feel] II.lost butterfly」, I try to add them with CTRL L and adding the subs as always but it doesn't work). Do you recommend me any other rip to download where I can add the subs,or its a player problem?
You should post them here anyways so we help.
If it helps, I remember the original camrip user using red letters when sakura is about to become dark sakura and she says "a person like this shouldn't exist" or something like that, and many people liked that addition.

>Rule Breaker itself isn't mentioned or used in the entirety of Heaven's Feel
Shirou and Saber stumble upon Caster holding it while standing distraught next to Kuzuki's corpse before they kill her.

>the subs were solid

Attached: [VCB-Studio] Fate ⁄ stay night Heaven's Feel II - lost butterfly [720p][x265_aac].mkv-0578.jp (1280x1440, 153K)

they are not horrible like senpfm in the first one, but they definitely can be better

??? Caster gets wormed in heaven's feel.

I only watched the first film

>which is only formed after she kills Shinji
There it is I suppose. Do you have a source on that being the case? Seems awfully convenient and terminology-specific since she was connected with the shadow long beforehand.

>I don't know if that was you
It's not, I'm just some user who's not satisfied with the currently available subs so I edited my own. (I did the same for the first movie)
>I would if MPC allowed me to add subs
If you name the .mkv file and the .ass file the same thing and have them in the same folder it automatically uses those subs.
Do you have a way to contact you, preferably discord or twitter?

Fucking secondaries I swear

Attached: 1533335190759.jpg (1074x1080, 631K)

Just rename the sub file the same as the video file, while maintaining the .extension obviously and put them on the same folder. MPC and the sub filters should recognize it and load it automatically.
Video.mkv + Video.ass

>t. secondary

Attached: 095.jpg (1129x1600, 347K)

>the stone sword was a pillar in Herc's temple, not one of his weapons in life
>Herc was summoned as a Berserker which sealed all skills and Nine Lives

So how did he manage to trace a technique from a weapon that never performed that technique.

Right after Shinji is killed Zouken talks to Sakura and tells her to make a contract with Angra Mainyu, which is what turns her into dark Sakura and gives her grail power in the first place.

Now this I definitely don't remember. I'm pretty certain the next time she shows up is after the Shinji killing scene is as Dark Sakura when she almost sucks up Rin. Does Zouken mention it later in a monologue or something?

Wtf are you talking about, she literally dies the same way in the VN.

Attached: Caster Wormed.jpg (800x600, 112K)

That's Zouken controlling her corpse.

Attached: âLâââXâ^ü[04c(ëô).png (316x519, 155K)

IIRC it's in the same interlude where she kills Shinji

Just remux it with mkvtools. I had to do that to add 5.1 audio, since mpc was being a retard and played both internal and external audio at the same time. You literally just drag both files into the ui and press a button. Don't get memed into believing there are any braincells involved in this process.

Nine Lives Bladeworks is a lot worse than real Nine Lives to begin with. Shirou didn’t even complete his blows to kill Herc once and would’ve died if not for Illya and Herc stopping himself. Under Hercules Nine Lives is an ability that scales to the target, is anti-regeneration and pretty much an anti whatever he’s trying to kill. Archer doesn’t replicate skills or abilities to its full extent.

Either that or you’re believing that Hercules doesn’t die to 8 A+ strength attacks.

Hey someone who actually gets it.
As a Servant Archer is really not that special compared to some of the shit other Servants pull off.

As a counter guardian, he's retarded busted. That's why he was given the chance to become one to begin with; with infinite mana supply Archer is exactly the kind of guardian the world could use to great effect.

*Freeze frame*
Yep, that's me

Attached: 1566696561728.png (1920x1080, 1.9M)

I really doubt he ran out of magic energy considering his master was Rin, a prodigy whose circuits are in the top 100 of all of the Clock Tower’s history.

Why Emiya can't use Excalibur and why artoria can? What's the diference between them?

Herc is cool

Attached: 1547886333724.png (1360x768, 108K)

Excalibur is made out of crystallized miracles. The mana cost to make Excalibur can and will kill him. He says so in UBW, and Shirou dies tracing it in the HF normal end.

Ah, now I remember, that scene was so short I completely forgot about it.

user if you do that chant for a servant that doesn’t qualify for Mad Enhancement/Berserker you just make them insane. It’s what Jeanne Alter did in Orleans.

Why can't he stop jobbing?

This was in the fate route right?

Yep.

Yes

honestly my favourite Shirou projections are in the Fate route.

Attached: 1547608312419.png (1360x768, 571K)

Even then someone like Saber with infinite energy shits on him with no contest. Anyone is stronger with unlimited energy. Archer doesn’t actually benefit that much beyond not having to worry about Broken Phantasm costs. He doesn’t have a costly but large scaling skill like Prana Burst, or a huge beam he can throw out immediately like Excalibur or Balmung. His Reality Marble is only an annoyance to servant tier threats when it’s deployed, mainly being useful for projections and sniping.

Attached: 1543833745456.png (1360x768, 670K)

He killed Herc multiple times with just the first 8 slashes of NLBW, and no, Fate mats describes nine lives is "a high speed attack consisting of nine consecutive strikes, as swift as if the attacks are overlapping" (exactly what nlbw does), no anti-regeneration or scaling effects at all, it's just pure power.

He cannot project Divine Constructs. He can project a weapon that’s an amplifier like Excalibur for a beam. Same function, but way worse and not the same sword.

I forget, did Rin give Archer an order to stall against Herc? Why wouldn't Archer just let Shirou get fucked over by Herc and thus end his suffering?

The thing about unlimited mana Archer is he can release the true name for the thousands of noble phantasms he has at once and use all of their OP conceptual effects (Rule Breaker and Gae Bolg are only C ranked common NPs IIRC, its likely there is more of their brand of bullshittery in UBW), while Saber only has a not very versatile laser beam.

I don't remember how the VN does it but in the films Archer basically says the War is too strange for him to involve his personal business.

He didn't kill Herc multiple times because Herc doesn't have Godhand at that point. Not only does Herc not have his skin, but remember the lesson taught by Kotomine and Zabaniya. A greater curse subsumes a lesser one and Godhand and Angra Mainyu are both curses.

Otherwise..

>Q: What sort of technique was the "Shooting of a Hundred Heads" that Shirou used in Sakura's route?

A: The Noble Phantasm of Heroic Spirit Heracles is an all-purpose Noble Phantasm that he changes according to the target and situation. Bluntly put, it's the "Shooting of a Hundred Heads Style."
What Shirou used was the anti-personnel version of Shooting of a Hundred Heads. Honestly, just think of it as nine consecutive high-speed attacks. By the way, the Shooting of a Hundred Heads that Heracles mainly uses is the anti-Phantasmal Species version, which is like nine dragon-type homing lasers fired simultaneously. What the hell, man?

>
Nine Lives.**
The combat technique that Heracles had devised at the end of his long battle. A Heracles-style, so to speak.
Heracles have mastered all manners of armaments and overcome various monsters and labors.
He will display a sword’s greatest technique if using a sword, a spear’s greatest technique if using a spear, and a bow’s greatest technique if using a bow.
In FateGO, he releases the greatest technique by means of a great sword. A rush of extreme speed that inflicts one hundred attacks in one breath.
Nine lives has the meaning of possessing a life amount to 9, but this holds the implication that, due to the monsters he faces as enemies possessing the special characteristic of “reviving no matter how many times they are killed” altogether, he had achieved a combat method that “annihilates them no matter how many times they revive”.

I love the thought of Shirou just clutching a sword as it just takes him along for the ride, flailing like a noodle as it fights the Servant itself.

Lolwhat how is he going to hold and say the true name of multiple NPs at once.

Even then that's not better than blasting a beam sword multiple times.

One of the major reasons I see why people dislike the Fate route is that Shirou isn't capable in it, but that's one of the biggest reasons I like it. In fact I think that's what makes his attemps more interesting.

Attached: 1564050927039.png (1360x768, 1.01M)

1. Fate Archer is too injured to do much, he had half his neck cut into by Saber. Even fighting Berserker he wasn't completely at top form but did his best not just to stall Berserker but try and kill him as much as possible.
2. UBW Archer was still proritizing winning the war over all else as efficiently as possible. Rin accidentally making Shirou and Archer interact a whole bunch started pissing him the fuck off and he decided to take his frustration out on Shirou before the war ended.
3. Heaven's Feel Archer knew the stakes were way too large to even bother with his personal grievances with Shirou.

Attached: a4b18341c9d8f3b8518e62d1aef1715f.jpg (1024x716, 379K)

I'm pretty sure Berserker should still be able to revive, and Shirou just pulled the same thing he did in the Fate route and killed him multiple times with one skill.

>Why wouldn't Archer just let Shirou get fucked over by Herc and thus end his suffering?
>Let Shirou and possibly Rin/Saber get killed by Hercules.
>Someone unleashes angra mainyu
>The world ends
That's very very anti-shirou

He was fully healed by then iirc. But it also says something about how badly he was bodied that he was out of it for so many days.

When I first read the fate route, I was surprised at how utterly shitty Shirou was at combat. Which made me confused as to how he was able to heal so effectively from such horrific wounds since they made him realistically shit, but protagonist tier durable. Was actually very clever set up for the plot.

But it is, you literally have thousands of nps each with unique reality warping effects, and can even replicate Excalibur's laser to a lesser extent with such a large amount of mana, such a varied skill set could defeat even Saber Alter with infinite mana if used competently.

Agreed

"you were my sheath" scene might even by my favorite scene of the VN.

Attached: 1561729147939.png (1360x768, 91K)

Ah this makes things more clear. I've only read the Fate route and haven't really watched UBW since I want to read it. I always thought that once Archer discovered exactly when he was in time, he primary goal was getting him out his shitty contract with the world.

Nothing seems to imply that he revived considering his body didn't seem to go through the revival healing. All he survived is easily explainable by being Hercules and having a high rank Battle Continuation. It's very hard to kill him with normal blows honestly.

>But he doesn't fall. His entire body has been torn through by his own weapon, but Berserker's still alive.

The way the scene's written just suggests that it was a fight to take him down once honestly.

Keep reading, don't rush. It'll become more clear.

He could survive an Excalibur by firing a A rank beam then projecting Rho Aius for a double layer protection, barely. But if he's doing two invocations then Saber can be firing a second Excalibur beam as well. He can't use curses on her because she could defend against them with prana burst. Even if her Luck is C one of the ways to protect against curses is to emit enough magic energy to match the energy of the curse so it can't get on you. He can't bruteforce her. There aren't really any noble phantasms he has that can bullshit her.

Shirou saw Rule Breaker and warned Saber about it when he saw it in his first trip to Ryuudou Temple, when they killed Caster. And he didn't know the problem was literally a Servant contract until Illya told him during the last big exposition dump.

Hercules didn't have any skin. He was running around skinless in a rampage. His NP is part of his skin, so stripped of it he wasn't recovering at all, was on his last and only life, and any killing blow would do away with him.
Nine lives blade works didn't kill him 9 times, it kills him once by chopping him up into bits.

It's plausible that you are correct, but maybe instead of Herc only surviving because Shirou's nlbw was degraded, he survived the same way he did when he broke Enkidu's chains despite already having lost all his lives simply by being Hercules.

In any case it shows both that NLBW is inferior to real Nine Lives, and Herc is a hard to kill motherfucker. A real top hero is crazy stuff.

What did he mean by this

Yeah if Illya didn't come out of hiding and distract Herc for that split second it took Shirou to follow up with a final attack he would have been bean paste.

But he's actively using his willpower to stop himself and let himself die in this scene. The only reason Shirou doesn't die is because Herc stops himself despite his insanity, being blind and unable to sense stuff and being blackened. All because of his willpower and his loyalty to Illya. It's definitely not a case of surpassing his legend or heroing really hard.

Why did Archer want to kill Shirou himself?

His effective range is further than Saber's, and his clairvoyance would allow him to prepare multiple broken phantasms (or rule breaker to destroy her mana source) ahead of time and unleash them on Saber before she detects him with her instinct and retaliates with Excalibur.

That's what the entire UBW route is about. I'm not going to spoil it for you, read the VN and/or watch the anime, either one does a great job.
The adaptation of UBW in particular was fucking excellent.

Attached: [Kametsu] Fate Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works - 21 (BD 1080p Hi10 FLAC) [1DD4B521].mkv_snapshot_ (1920x1080, 182K)

I've read the VN, but I didn't understand it.

yeah i really had no idea what he was supposed to be saying in the top one

How is he preparing multiple Broken Phantasms.

Let me jury rig this thing to explode by pumping energy in it, set it aside and then make another? He'd probably blow himself up.

Otherwise his Clairvoyance only lets him see distances. He can't see the future. You also assume Saber won't notice the massive amount of magical energy he's charging up. That's kind of a thing servants can do.

On top of that instinct is kind of the skill especially good against trying to do things like that.

>The adaptation of UBW in particular was fucking excellent.

Why does the UBW anime get so much hate from VN fans?

in the new Heaven's Feel movie
when Saber and Berserker basically destroyed the castle, did the two maids die there?
I don't see Illya showing any sadness so im kinda confused

Archer is doomed to kill people for all eternity; the exact opposite of what he wanted in life. He died happily but as a Counter Guardian he spent an indescribable amount of time taking lives endlessly and being faced with humanity's ugliness. He started regretting his decision and wanted out. He knows that the way time works isn't linear so killing Shirou isn't going to free him from being a guardian, but if there's even the slightest chance that absolutely obliterating the very idea of 'Emiya Shirou' and his ideal will either free him from a guardian or at least justify his resentment of himself, he's going to beat the shit out of Shirou until he admits being a hero was a stupid idea.

That doesn't turn out well and he just winds up being reminded of why he devoted himself to saving others to begin with. He resigns to his fate as a guardian once more.

It's stated that in his mind he is still fighting the shadow to protect Illya so he should still be pretty determined to kill what's in front of him, he does not notice Illya until the last hit of nlbw is about to connect, it might not be a coincidence that only after he notices Shirou is protecting her that he finally gives up and dies.

The world gaped it's asshole and took a massive shit on his very way of life and now he's practically being tortured forever.

Attached: Hell.png (800x600, 351K)

it's amazing how it sets up something that won't really be capitalzed upon until about 40 hours later in the end of the last route.

I really wish UFO went with Fate first.

Attached: 1545680314987.jpg (800x600, 127K)

It was bad and also unfaithful to the source material.

Actually, Archer does exactly that in bad end 15 in the UBW route, where Shirou runs away from berserker and therefore isn't present to stop Archer from killing Saber with the caladbolg blast. Saber definitely can't detect it fast enough to avoid it, much less saber alter with lower instinct and agility, 4km is a pretty long distance and hard to detect even for servants, which is why I mentioned clairvoyance.

Lack of inner monologues (unnecessary, the information was given visually instead to cut down on still frames and pointless dialogues that can be communicated other ways).
The people who hate it likely didn't watch it, either. It's by far the most faithful adaptation Fate has gotten yet, including HF. The changes made were by Nasu himself to help aid the messages and themes and did so to great effect.

>unfaithful to the source material.
Did you not watch UBW or not read the VN? Both? It was absurdly faithful, even took some one-off simple lines and turned them into much longer scenes that helped explain everything.

I thought in hf, archer knew shirou was going against his ideals by protecting sakura. That means hf shirou will never be red man and archer was okay with helping him out. Thats why he let gave his left arm to shirou at the church.

I think he figures that out eventually but initially he's more concerned with the war.

Nah, in general Archer doesn't give a shit. He's not going to go out of his way to stop Shirou from becoming him unless he has time to spare and he's in a really fucking bad mood.
Archer is STILL Shirou. He will ALWAYS prioritize the safety of the world over his own personal grudge.

Did you forget the part where they were running from Herc? He wasn't charging, he was on portable battery.

What release for the second movie is fine regarding video quality? The biggest one uses the HEVC meme.

Servant karmic links work through dimensions and bounded fields. You don't stop supplying your servant because you're stuck in Bloodfort, or the Reverse Side. Look at the stuff about Amakusa being in the Great Grail that's its own microcosm and yet still being hooked up to Semiramis. Or Astolfo still being supplied by Fafnir-Sieg while Sieg is in the reverse side.

A bit of distance won't make Rin stop supplying Archer.

why not go for Beatrice 15GB one?

>A bit of distance won't make Rin stop supplying Archer.
Look faggot, Rin isn't an infinite supply of mana.
She still runs out supplying Shirou with mana to use UBW once for a short while. Archer was likely fighting as efficiently as he could to not burn out her entire reserves at once, get fucked, and have Herc bolt after the rest.

It's possible he did run out of mana though, we don't know for sure how much mana it would take Archer to make 6 (probably more) A rank nps to kill berserker.

I've been so out of the loop with encodefag shit that I still think h265 is a meme. Is it still worse than h264 or has it improved? The only thing I have using h265 is a DVD of a 90s anime that wasn't very good quality wise to begin with.

I think it's about the same as it was, Beatrice has a 13GB 265 13GB torrent and a 15GB 264 torrent, I'd just go with the 264 personally

quick run down on HEVC?

How much foreshadowing to UBW and HF is in the Fate route?

I only see 264 for the first movie though
All I know is that it was supposed to be the second coming of h264 but ended being disappointing, but I have no idea if that's changed.

Attached: dontknow.gif (250x251, 999K)

Shit sorry, I was misreading two different tabs

nyaa.si/view/1169388

In the comments there are edited subs

In a sense running out of energy is the same as dying for servant fights. So either way it's best to just say he had a lot of energy. He spent a lot of energy, he pushed himself to an exceptional level and managed to do well against Hercules. He probably ran out of energy and he also probably got brutalized by Herc, because it's Herc. Either way he ended up dying in the end but managed to do what he needed to do.

>nyaa.si/view/1169388
Well shit, that's significantly smaller than the h265 one, what the fuck.

What would you consider foreshadowing? You mean anything to go with Angra Mainyu, Sakura, or Zouken?

In a bad end where Shirou jumps into a black hole with Gilgamesh at the end of UBW he briefly sees mud pouring out of the grail creating Angra (pic related)

In the Fate route after Shirou and Saber get partially Ea-blasted Shirou looks down and sees swords growing out of his wounds. This is left to the readers imagination if it was a hallucination or if it actually happened.

Attached: hiDNepUTK1K4sQ_pxv_XQrAvSnzqiQ5NXwLLzWDHte-dihh4nkDjGv_BZaWzRL9xPhOO6UPKmLK6PMHZ3tCJ66NhlQMuFBi-8kc0 (1739x1242, 584K)

Here's a little known fact: Archer actually took 7 lives off of Berserker's total stock because in addition to his 6 kills, Illya didn't want to wait for Berserker to heal all his wounds that Archer gave him before he died and spent a life to heal and go after Shirou & Co.

>In a bad end where Shirou jumps into a black hole with Gilgamesh at the end of UBW he briefly sees mud pouring out of the grail creating Angra (pic related)

What happens to Gil at the end of UBW? Did Angra Mainyu eat him?

>"If you face an opponent you cannot defeat, visualize something that will allow you to defeat him. You should always be imagining you at your most powerful."

What's your favorite, most inspirational or emotional quotes from Fate?

It tried using him as the vessel and did so, yes.

Saber Alter is faster than regular Saber. What do you think mana burst is? What Saber Alter lacks is dexterity, because BLACKED servants lose their self control and Saber's instinct is also effected. Her reflexes and fine motor skills are dulled, but for pure speed, she's faster

>So Shirou beat Saber Alter by tracing Archer's abilities.
But that's wrong you retard.

Nine Lives Blade Work and Triple Crane Wings are asspulls.
Change my mind.

This pic is disturbing

I was thinking about it at work, Shinji is actually a really interesting in how he is portrayed, what Nasu says of him, and how he is received.

Attached: shinji.jpg (1200x675, 73K)

I think Shinji is pretty underutilized. HF is probably the route he has the most relevance in and even then he's essentially just a punching bag

I feel like the UBW adaptation should've incorporated him in a way

Shinji is only relevant in that he portrays what not to do when you have power over someone else.

now i am

Attached: 20190824_231216.png (1920x1080, 80K)

Shinji is pretty great in HA. Watching him actually have a good friend's talk with Shirou about work and random stuff was nice.

I've been waiting for YEARS to see this animated. Realta Nua HF OP was the teaser and its actually happening.

How do you explain that pic?

>Realta Nua
I'm sorry, but they have sex in this.

Do I have any other choice aside from realta nua translation since there's no official one?

swords are cool

Attached: 1546598305950.jpg (800x600, 85K)

isnt realta nua the one that cuts out all the sex?

i dropped the whole series a long time ago.
probably after the deen version.

Isn't this in sparks liner high?

>official
lmao
yes

Yeah and it better fits Nasu's description of him, which is hard to see in the original VN. What's interesting is he's portrayed as a lame character but also this piece of shit, and is the one villain/antagonist who seems to really, REALLY gets under people's skin. And lowkey, he plays different roles, which probably explains a lot; I identify him as a rival, a buttmonkey, a vile bastard, and sort of an everyman. The friend stuff adds to him but makes it all the more peculiar.

Fuck. Its been eleven years, I need to read through F/SN again. This thread has been weirdly positive and its making me miss it.

>finally watching it
>Saber Alter vs Berserker
Holy shit. They sure portrayed correctly how OP Saber Alter is.

Attached: staringintensifies.gif (255x164, 939K)

She got destroyed by a half dead Shirou though

Only because she was holding back and using only her swordsmanship.

Holding back doesn't mean strength D can break through endurance A in one attack.

AFAIK she had a moment of weakness and let herself get killed. If you get the bad ending she says something along these lines I think. Not sure, it's been quite a long time since I read Heaven's Feel.

That sounds very cool.

Shirou and Shinji really make a good pair honestly.

>Who would win in a fight, Gil or Saber Alter?
In the circumstances of Heaven's Feel, where Gil has a physical body, an overconfident attitude and a limited supply of prana, while Saber Alter has an unlimited supply, she wins.
With prana equalized and both fighting seriously, Gil wins, but with difficulty.

Wouldn't he take her seriously, whip out Ea, and win because Ea > Excalibur Morgan and Saber Alter doesn't have Avalon?

Gil is super mana efficient servant. Saber having unlimited supply shouldn't make a difference.

Saber Alter is much, much faster. She's basically using prana burst the whole time, so I doubt he has time to pull out and activate Ea in the first place.
But assuming he can, Ea vs Excalibur Morgan would leave Saber with severe injuries, but she can heal them easily with her unlimited prana. Gil, on the other hand, cant keep spamming Enuma Elish forever with his orphan batteries.

She'll have same injuries from enuma elish as in Fate route when Gil first used Ea. She'll be down and useless leaving her open for any finishing blow. Her regeneration takes time.

>She'll have same injuries from enuma elish as in Fate route when Gil first used Ea
No, because she can oppose it with Excalibur Morgan at max output. In Fate Saber can't even fire a single proper Excalibur shot thanks to Shirou, and yet she manages to survive Ea.
Saber Alter should take way less damage, not to mention she has her own defensiv
e forcefield, which OG Saber lacks.

Saber had her dragon core activated at this point in Fate route, that Excalibur was at full power. I also very much doubt that belletophon + rho aia combo is stronger than enuma elish and she needed some time to recover from that too.

>Saber had her dragon core activated at this point in Fate route, that Excalibur was at full power.
Source: your ass.
>belletophon + rho aias
The plot needed her to lose

bellerophon is such bullshit it blocks enuma elish by itself

>Saber Alter is much, much faster
She got BTFO hard by HF Shirou bro, it's impossible for her to beat Gil if he actually used GoB and Ea

>Source: your ass.
It's in Fate route before final battle with Berserker where they transplant Shirou's magic circuit to reactivate her dragon core.
>The plot needed her to lose
Sorry, but rho aias + bellerophon overpower Excalibur.

>they transplant Shirou's magic circuit to reactivate her dragon core
Literally what? That shit's from the DEEN anime, retard.

>what is realta nua

>shit

>retcon
Sorry I don't have time to reread an all age version

Too bad for you they activated her dragon core instead of having sex in canon version, dumb user.

Well, now you know.

Reminder that Bell is an A+ NP dedicated to buffing a already super powerful monster. Buffed Pegasus’s prana burst is probably like some firm B++ shit. Meanwhile Rho Aius is downgraded to a B rank NP so math wise that would be 160 points from B (40) times 4 (each + is another 40). Excalibur at A++ meanwhile has a value of 150. Rho Aius original is probably A+ since it’s called a match for Achilles’s shield. But I imagine the + activates thrown attacks or archery in its case. So mathwise it works out nicely. Alternatively you could say that Bell Pegasus is worth B+ and say that Rho Aius counted as B+ against Excalibur since beam = range. It still mathematically barely wins.

>what is realta nua
A censored console port.
As of 2019, the revised canon is the one from the Fate/Stay Night + Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Reprint Edition, released about 2 months ago, in all of its uncensored glory.

Attached: Latest retcon.jpg (412x500, 48K)

Haven't touched either of the movies yet, but are they actually using music from the VN, or more lazy Kajiura atmospheric shit? I'm still mad about not getting Die Lorelie in either UBW adaptation.

youtu.be/QLDYPFfnm3g

Attached: shymage.jpg (763x415, 74K)

>43000 yen

Attached: 925.jpg_large.jpg (1920x978, 131K)

>Saber alter won't use beam against Shirou because it will destroy the cavern
>use it against pegasus anyway

Well, it's either using it or dying.

It's more like Shirou and Saber engage in a swordsmanship dick-measuring contest. If she has to resort to beaming him to death then she fails as a knight.

>much much Faster
>agility D
Pfft.
Gil can probably just spam self empowering NPs too.
Saber Alter isn't even a challenge.
She just gets peppered by anti-regen weapons.
Enuma Elish if Gil used some more power will erase both Excalibur and Saber.