Why do manga writers love medieval European settings so much?

Why do manga writers love medieval European settings so much?

Attached: 58A7DBB2-8C60-4164-B990-107C07C55E33.png (735x1102, 966K)

Sengoku era is complete shithole, that force Oda to slap everyone shit up

All of the world seems to like the dark ages. I personally fucking hate it. Makes me think of filthy, stupid inbreds and shitty architecture

because it's cool, way cooler than some retards in asia wielding their inferior steel sabers

Kys. Gothic architecture is kino

Japan got progressively invaded by fantasy movies and RPGs in the late Showa era because they absolutely loved that shit, hence every other JRPG vidya from the 80s-90s incorporating some sort of Yuro medieval fantasy setting
It's one of their go-to when they think of fantasy now (the other is not!Sengoku era), especially after MMOs made it popular even to casuals

Based

Because to them It's a foreign concept much like Asian culture to us

Westaboos are a thing in Japan, ya know

Same reason why westerners seem to love historical china and japan for settings. Its kino.

>westerners seem to love historical china and japan for settings

We do?

>Why do manga writers love medieval European settings so much?
Dude there's like barely any actually good Medieval Europe anime. The list that's shown in the image has a lot more either High Fantasy shit or Japanese Medieval with barely any actual European Medieval except maybe Berserk, Claymore and that one Hussite Wars manga (even then, that's not anime and wasn't that historically accurate, desu).

I could be dead wrong, but I've desperately tried looking for actual European Medieval anime and could find nothing except Berserk and maybe Claymore.

Attached: Skeptical Knight.png (250x215, 121K)

Vinland Saga

>Why do manga writers love medieval European settings so much?
Because they are copying Dragon Quest, which was copying the Ultima series, which was copying D&D, which was copying fantasy literature, which 90% of the time was the author half remembering his highshool history lessons and the pop culture view on it.

They're so bored of Sengoku era.

Oh yeah. I forgot Vinland Saga got an anime adaptation quite recently.
Other than that though, there's really no other European Medieval Anime I can think of.

>I've desperately tried looking for actual European Medieval anime

Watch isekai

No fuck off.
That barely looks like actual Medieval Europe. It looks like High Fantasy LoTR shit.
I want more of pic related.

Attached: Hussites vs Crusaders.jpg (736x558, 131K)

Because it's wildly different from japanese medieval culture and European mythology has heaps of depth and popular works.
When it comes to mythology in particular, everything cool and fleshed out in popular culture is European:

Why do so many people have absolutely no clue about the actual middle ages?

I think there may be 3 reasons: because swords will never not be cool, you can design badass armors that will fit your story, and finally the main reason i think it's because the setting is rather small, it requieres little world bulding and even less explanations because everyone is a powerless and dumb farmer except the hero and everyone just stick to medieval rules, and you can just set a fortress and an evil demon witch and it will easily make sense in world, and so it's no job to set the forces of good and evil clear from the start, including bland plot twists like "the church is evil lmao" or "the king is mad kek".