How does Yea Forums store their anime collection?

How does Yea Forums store their anime collection?
My collection is at roughly 10TB now.
I'm just debating whether or not I should start buying Blu Rays going forward
My NAS ran out of space a few months ago, and since then I've filled up an additional 2TB hard drive. Backing everything up is a nightmare too

Attached: kirino.jpg (704x396, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID#Software-based
youtube.com/watch?v=jJbeYQ-hwYs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is that the anime where a brother and his little sister have a romantic relationship?

I don't. Download, watch, delete.

Yes, it was anime of the decade

Attached: 1447041854624.jpg (1920x1080, 146K)

Do they seriously end up together and kiss? I like incest stories so I want to know

Didn't they get married?

Download selectively. 720p for most tv shows; 1080p only for anime that look like they were mastered at 1080p. Be sensible about bitrates: never grab anything that uses more than 1.5 GB per episode.

New downloads go into my backlog folder until I've watched them. If I think I might realistically rewatch something, it goes into my permanent archive. Everything else gets deleted as soon as I finish it. I review my archive once a year, and delete stuff I no longer care about.

My current collection fits on one 4 TB drive, backed up on one external drive.

Attached: best girl.jpg (1609x2175, 245K)

People tend to over-complicate their storage

Right now with the two reputable HDD brands (Western Digital and Seagate) you're looking at $20-$30 per terabyte. Good encodes for ~24 minute episodes are 1-2 GB each. That's ~50 single cour shows per TB.

It's not hard to buy a pair of high-capacity 8TB+ drives and just use them over USB. Or take it a step further and wire them up internally via SATA.

>use them over USB
Jesus you are one low tech motherfucker. We're talking about NASes, RAIDS, and proper backups here.

Why invest in high tech when low tech does the job? Besides, if you're going to bother with RAID in the year of our Kami-sama 2019, you might as well set up off-site cloud storage with end-to-end encryption for half the price.

He proposed on Christmas and then they had a mock wedding. Not really married but kind of.

I store everything in big HD, then they die and I lose everything, then I buy new HD, download everything again and repeat the cicle.

Data hoarding is no better than hoarding physical goods
A flash drive should be enough (given today's capacity and reliability of flash memory), external HDD if you really have a lot of data, put encrypted backups on cloud storage for durability
Once you start needing to build a small data warehouse for your files you're literally going too far

based
Marie Kondo's works changed my life

Attached: hoarding.jpg (1920x1080, 1.03M)

I literally never have to worry about storage space because I just stream all of my anime. It's 1080p most of the time and that suffices for me

storage is cheap (even if you do BD rips and redundant backups). i just picked up multiple 4TB drives for $30 each. there's zero reason to resort to spinning plastic disks.

"""collecting""" is a mental disorder

is this a real manga? i fucking love marie kondo

They pretend to break up after that to throw others off their trail but even some viewers ended up falling for it.

buy some servers from Belize

>torrent
>watch
>take screen shots/clips of favourite scenes
>delete

I only have 2 tbs of storage space so I just delete everything I didn't really like.

I started hoarding after I had problems downloading some old shows again.
Don't listen to the deletion fags.
Remember the panda. Sure, the tendonitis went away after a week, but things could have been different.

>not being able to get over the loss of some videos and pictures

Attached: mcd.jpg (772x772, 40K)

Can I build RAID if my motherboard doesn't have a built in controller?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID#Software-based

I lost the original Yea Forumsnon posted in a data loss incident. Managed to find a lower res version. Fitting in many ways to the feeling of losing something that has no replacement. Yes, old data can disappear from the internet, always remember this.

youtube.com/watch?v=jJbeYQ-hwYs

I buy official disc releases.

What this user said except I don't usually delete stuff
I have an okay dvd collection to add

Bump.

>Seagate
>Reputable
In what fucking universe.

I'm only collecting 'rare' stuff nowadays.
Had to leech 5 weeks to get Slayers BD rip for example.
Don't really bother with new series except I really like them, I might wait for the BD release and store them away if I plan to rewatch. 2/4TB used so far.

Got into hoarding after getting on **********. :3

Should have just left it up and sent everyone on a wild goose chase after the wrong thing.

Animebytes isn't special, pleb.

/thread

I don't, it gets deleted after I watch it since I never rewatch anything. I also don't rewatch movies or replay games.

>Data hoarding is no better than hoarding physical goods
Since you can store hundred of terabytes in a relatively small box, not really.

Well, that's embarrassing.

Pretending as if only a few know about it is a meme.

I got about 5 to 6 TB of anime stored across 2 hard drive, but I'm currently thinking about purging some of my collection from all of my hard drives.

I only collect stuff that is hard to find like some ancient dubbed animus from my childhood that I had to get from obscure blogs and the like. Many are down after a few years so I think it's a good call.

More mainstream stuff I delete after watching.

i stream all of my cartoons like a normal person

>not backing your stuff up
You're gonna have a real bad time when one of your drives inevitably dies. Hard drives are so insanely cheap now, none you of have any excuse why you're not backing up.

Attached: 1541560210772.gif (817x582, 107K)

I save whatever I want, delete it if it takes up too much space but it's just a small and varied collection.
I just have 2 1TB drives

Remember to backup your exclusive data several tims. Anime and such will be a loss, but you can keep track of it and probably redownload the most. If you lose your projects/you photo archive/your memorable files from decades ago, then it's over. And they probably take not that much space anyway.

shucking 8tb external drives seems to be the cheapest option right now.

Your time is more valuable than storage space. Watching one trash series will cost you more than keeping hundred of trash series on your HDD.

You can buy a 10 TB HDD for $160 on Google express or $180-$200 in general.

I got 10 TB of HDD storage total right now. I'm waiting on good opportunity/sale of these 10 TB HDD to be close to $100 as possible before snatching one myself.

I'm going to reencode my collection into x265 to make extra space for more anime.