Weathering With You

This was a much better movie than Your Name.

Attached: 20190529-makoto.jpg (950x633, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MvQYEvClTdI
yourdictionary.com/character-development
youtu.be/lWDni7fEG4c
twitter.com/UNBALANCE_JP/status/1164824857999101957
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was really sad when Hina died at the end though

Unpopular, yet true, opinion.

>yfw gigachad hodaka fucks over tokyo permanently to save his girlfriend

Attached: gigachad hodaka.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

Hina was a cuter protagonist that's for sure.

Much better fashion than Mitsuha, more personality and she stole the Jew weather control power. Is Hina, dare I say it, based?

She's a very good girl. She's such a good girl she's willing to become a bar girl in order to make money to take care of her little brother. I'm happy Hodoka was man enough to take care of her.

More important, it was better than Koe no Cutachi

Based. Fuck the world, I pick my waifu.

Fucking amazing. What a boss.

He probably fucks over Taki and Mitsuha as well.

I didn't think so, but it's still a very good movie.
Mitsuha had a cuter yukata.

I'd fuck over all of San Francisco to save one cute girl if I have an interest in her too. It wouldn't be a hard decision honestly.

I liked Mitsuha's short hair cut, but overall Hina was cuter.

I'd fuck over San Francisco for free.

Attached: today I will remind them.png (211x322, 91K)

I want to propose to Hina

Attached: weathering_with_you_makoto_shinkai_trailer2.jpg (1280x669, 173K)

How was it better?

It's a proper story instead of the Keit-ai copypasta. The characters are more interesting people and Hodaka is big balled enough to break the law not once, not twice, but many times. The climax is great. The soundtrack is better than Your Name because it's focused on the sounds of the weather instead of being nice songs unrelated to the theme of the movie.

Based

There's also a really good scene of fireworks. The camera goes through the fireworks. Good stuff.

Too bad they were developed far less. Mitsuha's dad may have been far more of a dick than Suga but I felt I understood him a lot more with regards to how the death of his wife affected him, even though he only appeared like three times; with Suga it's not clear whether his current state is because of that or if he's just always been a lazy fuck who would extort kids for labour if he could get away with it. I'm inclined to believe it tends towards the latter, because I doubt you go to the effort of building your own bar while depressed from the loss of a loved one instead of just keeping bottles around randomly. But then that just brings into question how he got his wife in the first place.

Natsumi is pretty based.

You're a shitmuncher. Suga had a lot more characterisation than anyone in Your Name, including the lovers. We know what kind of a person he is. Compare Hodaka to Taki. Taki is a faggot with as much personality as a generic tumblr bio. "I like drawing. I wish I had a girlfriend. I'm so gentle." Hodaka runs away from home, nearly kills a yakuza and points a fucking gun at the police after escaping custody. Taki and Mitsuha were defined solely by their romance. Hodaka and Hina were not. Hodaka and Hina had more romance in this movie than Your Name and it was less focused on the romance than Your Name.

There's no need to be aggressive. If Suga got a lot more characterization and you understand him then why couldn't you address what I said about him? We don't even know a concrete reason why Hodaka runs away. Compare to Mitsuha who also wants to get away but the first 15 or so minutes of Your Name are spent establishing the reasons so we know exactly why. They are definitely more interesting, but we understand them as people less. Besides Hina.

Fuck typhoons

If you don't know what characterisation is, don't talk about it. Knowing everything there is to know about a character does not constitute characterisation.
Soundtrack is also better than Your Name.
youtube.com/watch?v=MvQYEvClTdI

Well you're the first one that said characterization, I used "development." As far as their role in each story and how much we need to know about them, Mitsuha's dad was developed far more effectively than Suga.

No you fucking imbecile. You're replacing "characterisation" with "development". A development means a progression/a change.
Here's more cute Hina.

Attached: tenki-no-ko-weathering-with-you-food-3.jpg (650x365, 167K)

>Choker
No wonder they can still afford something

/ourguy/ hodaka saved hina from selling her body to old men for money

Attached: capture-decran-2019-04-10-a-11-50-10.png (1200x630, 560K)

yourdictionary.com/character-development
>The definition of character development refers to the process of creating a believable character in fiction by giving the character depth and personality.
Growth is part of this, but I'm talking about the writer's job of developing them to the audience.

He looks like that MC from Bakuman here

My shithole country is a lost cause anyway
It's a no-brainer.

>getting distracted by layman definitions instead of understanding language
>ignoring the image where hodaka is wearing suga's shirt, which expresses their relationship
Sasuga, autismo-kun

Haven't even watched it yet, but
Hina >>> Mitsuha

What does Hodaka wearing Suga's shirt have to do with anything? I haven't even mentioned their relationship. Jesus, man. It's up to you to double down that you don't understand what character development means but now you're even addressing points I haven't made, not that you were addressing the ones I have.

She killed millions

I respect your opinion, but I can't say I agree. The entire climax of the movie was good, but half of the drama resulted from Hodaka being a retard. The other half was from the rain that isn't really explained beyond "this sort of weather happens every few hundred years or so and needs a sacrifice to be stopped". Your Name actually touched upon Mitsuha growing a backbone to stand up to her father, Taki actually committing to something without half-assing it and it's explained that entire body switching was due to a god foreseeing another asteroid impact and giving humans a means to save each other.

Jesus Fuck, teens should be shot on sight. Character development within the context of a story cannot be used interchangeably with characterisation. In the context of the creative process, which we're not talking about, the development is the process where the creator creates the character. Then it cam be used interchangeably with characterisation.
Your Name side characters have no personality except the gay guy. Weathering side characters are much, much better. Nagi is another example of a strong side character. Stop making excuses for why your waifu movie isn't worse than this great weathergirl story.

Nope

Attached: 25.jpg (1280x1808, 390K)

>In the context of the creative process, which we're not talking about
Are you serious? My first sentence:
>Too bad they were developed far less.
I didn't say "too bad they underwent fewer developments," I didn't say "their development wasn't as good." I was obviously talking about the creative process. And you still have not been able to refute anything besides calling them "better.... just because." I am going to stop bothering now.

Is it possible to watch this movie online yet?

Because I’ve been dying to watch this mf movie ever since I heard about it.

No rips yet. Maybe when China gets it a camrip will drop. What country are you in? Several get it next month I think.

If you paid attention during the movie, you would know Suga lost custody of his daughter. Your issue with Suga is because you didn't pay attention to that. Read the contextual clues, dimwit. Go back to high school and relearn how language works. You're obviously jockeying off my explanations. No wonder you prefer Your Name.

I’m in the US

Tbh I will probably go see it in theaters here if I get the chance.

You're right, that reinforces my point further. Why did he lose custody? Was it because of how his behaviour changed after the death of his wife, or was he considered too incompetent to raise a child on his own anyway? If the former, how did his behaviour change? What was he like before? Oh... we don't know. We can only infer because he was not given enough... development where it was probably needed for us to fully understand him as a character. Also,
>Go back to high school and relearn how language works
>took an hour + being forcefed a definition which he then pretended to know all along and STILL misinterpreted my first post before being able to manage addressing something, while spewing insults all the while
Got a laugh out of me

You might get to see it late this year if you find a cinema that will run it. Otherwise you'll probably get it in January.

That's a YouTuber level of nitpicking. Have you tried doing became for Your Name? Of course you haven't. Pay attention bitch. Remember when Natsumi took a picture of Suga and his wife and daughter? Did he look well adjusted? How about the dialogue related to Suga's daughter? Cunts like you need to shut your mouths. Go analyse some shitty seasonal anime.

Thanks for the info

When I saw The Garden it Words and 5 Centimeters Per Second online, I absolutely loved them. I’ve been following this studio ever since.

These guys and KyoAni are probably my favorite animators because they make such relatable characters.

Did you watch Children Who Chase Lost Voices? It's his second best after this one. It has some really pretty environments.

How much fanservice is in this movie? My country has a general cinema release on the 5th and I want to know how much the censors are going to hack out. For reference, in Your Name they cut out the pan-up of Taki Mitsuha's naked behind so it cut straight from clothes dropping -> EEEEEEEH??? but everything else was left in.

On the contrary, you're just defending underdevelopment. I like the character and think the amount of information we got about him relative to his role in the story and his other established character traits was frustratingly lacking; it creates conflict on how to feel about him as a whole because I don't understand enough of his circumstances as I would like to.
>Remember when Natsumi took a picture of Suga and his wife and daughter? Did he look well adjusted?
He did, but a single expression given for a photo doesn't inform enough about how he as a character may have changed after so many complex events.

Hodaka looks at cleavage several times, but it's all clothed. There are some references to strip clubs, love hotels, etc. Hina takes off her bathrobe partially and has Barbie doll anatomy for plot reasons. There's nothing to censor.

>he as a character
"he as a person," even. Corrected.

>I don't like your explanation so I'm going to pretend it doesn't count
You should have been bullied more at school. Your waifu isn't real.

Now that's just going too far.

Attached: 1551380891897.jpg (1920x1080, 395K)

It was a lot better at boring me. At least Your Name made every attempt to engage you with the story and the characters with how much the plot developed.

Weathering with You did barely anything to make you invested in what was happening, from start to finish it felt like I was just watching it for the sake of watching it rather than enjoying it. Soundtrack didn't reach the kino levels of Your Name and the whole vibe of the film felt like a step down from the cosmic fuckery of Your Name.

Attached: 4f72341aeec6231f10a0c82bd06d2f1cf83b1079362bdd460df108c87c21a398.jpg (1234x1622, 1.22M)

Soundtrack complaint is bullshit. The insert songs all sound roughly the same other than the one where they fall from the sky. The other soundtrack is better than Your Name because it focuses on the weather theme. It fits better with the movie than Your Name's good, but the thematically irrelevant, music.

How was Your Names soundtrack thematically irrelevant? Because there wasn't a love song for the comet? You realize there was more than theme in Your Name right?

All I'm saying is, none of the songs in Weathering with You really elevated the film. They were just sort of there without giving that extra punch when it needed to which I would argue is vastly more important than the lyrics matching up to what's happening.

I haven’t seen it yet, but it is on my list.

I might check it out tonight thought now that you mention it.

more than one* theme, fuck.

>They were just sort of there without giving that extra punch when it needed
Nah, Grand Escape did and it matched the heights of Your Name, maybe even better. You're right about literally every other insert though.

No, I'm not talking about lyrics. Many songs in Weathering had different types of weather as the focus of the song. Your Name has the love songs and a bunch of comfy nice songs which have fuckall to do with bodyswapping and musubi. If you're only paying attention to the insert songs, I understand how you could miss the other soundtracks. The OST definitely elevated the film.

Hoshi no Koe is his older work and the art is a bit rough but you should check it out if only to appreciate his growth.

Forgot to add that it's a ~30 mins OVA.

Thanks.

But but everyone says that Your Name is a masterpiece.

Shame it's too short

They'll release a full version.

I hope so
Also hoping they don't butcher the full version
Sparkle movie version is an absolute kino soundtrack
Sparkle full version is painful to the ears

He drowned billions...

Attached: Trailer_2_Hotaka_Morisaki.jpg (1920x1080, 223K)

The only insert song from Your Name that I can listen to is Nandemonaiya. The rest annoy me. Is There Anything Love Can Do is the same thing, it's an annoying song. In a 3 minute dose it's fine, but 7 minutes is painful.

>Sparkle movie version is an absolute kino soundtrack
>Sparkle full version is painful to the ears
Are they not the same thing? I'm only aware of the movie version which is like 8 minutes long.

I liked the little brother. He cute.

Tokyo is not from a shithole country
They actually have an amazing flood control system

The full version is condensed. It's somewhere in Youtube.

>Is there Anything Love Can Do
Agreed. Haven't watched the movie, but the repetitive parts of the song at the beginning bored me

To be honest i can't decide if it was worse or better. It was basically the same movie once again.

>full version
>it's shorter

Attached: 1539429121899.png (417x384, 286K)

"Senpai" is the best character. Dresses like a Teru Teru Bouzu like it's no big deal. Two timing JSs left and right. And the JS characters are voiced by Hanakana and Ayaneru to boot.

What a champ.

Nothing to worry about. I'm Indonesian and here the censorship is super strict. It's safe to say that nothing is censored.

Even the "partial nudity" that was shown is left uncut. Because it serves the story and it would be awkward to cut out.

I don't know what to call it.
Original version?
youtu.be/lWDni7fEG4c

>US

As someone who got one of the earliest releases outside Japan, I feel you, bro. You'll get it pretty late in the US iirc.

Original version is shorter by a minute or so

There is no way Mitsuha will ever be surpassed

But she already was in her own movie
Mitsuha(Taki)>Mitsuha

So Hodoka is basically The original Jim Starlin's Thanos from Infinity saga

Man, i'm such a sucker for early Shinkai works.
twitter.com/UNBALANCE_JP/status/1164824857999101957
>digital artbooks for phones released
>immediately bought 5cm artbook 1, 2, 3 and Yakusoku no Basho artbook 1 and 2 for a total of 10 bucks
>has the iconic tracks in
Oooh baby

Attached: 194138.jpg (2246x1080, 161K)

Yeah, he kinda reminds me of Nishimiya's sister when he crossdressed.

>but half of the drama resulted from Hodaka being a retard
It's Grave of the Fireflies all over again for me huh

I'm not really sure which is better between this and Your Name. But, I felt that it's less melodramatic and I felt less attached to the main characters. And, yes Hina is cuter than Mitsuha.

Same desu.
Both has their charms, i feel way more attached to Taki and Mitsuha but i like the overarching cast and conflict of this one better
>Suga-san who took Hodaka because he reminded him of his youth, betrayed him due to police's pressure and old wife is dead wounds
>sides with him at the last moment
>the hot Natsumi and her Tsumi's
>Nagi and his trap antics

Attached: 5cmperseondwootagain6mv-136-6b53a092093cb8087b202917d49b6756_600x400.png (600x400, 390K)

You all talked Hina > Mitsuha and Mitsuha > Hina as if that's relevant

Okudera = Natsumi > Hina = Mitsuha

Is Natsumi a smoker too?

I also listed Natsumi > Hina = Mitsuha in a previous thread. Who is Okudera?

The senpai in Kimi no Na wa. I shouted the loudest when she showed her ring goddamn I still hate that scene

So where's the torrents

Wait for the Chinese.

100% true. Absolutely god tier movie.

he gets so much pussy, all girls except hina wanted his big shota cock

>all girls except hina
>Trusting the girl with a choker
She already laid claim on it off-screen

Cute/pretty boys get more pussy than muscular boys.