Has your country ever been shat on by Anime and Manga in order to make Glorious Nippon look better?

Has your country ever been shat on by Anime and Manga in order to make Glorious Nippon look better?

Attached: Asuka Germany.png (617x441, 310K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SsKp4sITALc
youtube.com/watch?v=kK8HJ6ySN9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=a822uufNGlw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Re take Is a great doujin

No, Poland is too irrelevant for Nips give any fuck about it.

Does hetalia count?

>Austria
No. Only the best references are made with my country.

That sounds only like the districts in berlin that are occupied by turks and other immigrants.

No, Hetalia is a special case so doesn't count

Come to think of it I'm actually surprised by how rarely the Netherlands is mentioned in it given that the Japanese are noted to be infatuated with it and even have an entire amusement park which is nothing more than a stunningly faithful replica of traditional Dutch architecture and - municipal planning.

Remember how in GATE the JSDF beat the evil American special forces and their black soldiers?

well, she aint wrong

She is right though, trash never gets collected on time. Pisses me the fuck off.

The opposite. We made best girl.

Attached: wethenorth.webp.jpg (606x785, 163K)

Attached: 24234324.jpg (501x334, 42K)

Israel is never mentioned only on /pol/

>To be honest the food of this nation is not very good

I thought that was an unjustified insult, the UK has great food. Much better than a nation that enjoys eating rotten fish.

yeah america

>trash not being collected on time
Oh the horror...
Why are Japanese people so ignorant?
It looks like they have it pretty good if meaningless shit like that bothers them so much.

the JSDF wank in Gate made my /k/tism flare up very hard, the jap military have literally no actual experience and while well equipped, they'd get fucked by special forces that go into combat all the time.

At the least, the UK has a good showing when it comes to pastries with France as it's main superior.
So many pastries and desserts have UK origins that the US pretends apple pie is american.

She described Desdren perfectly.

Yes, America. Don't get me wrong, this country is an utter clusterfuck but nips tend to overcompensate hard in regards to how badly they got fucked in the ass by Uncle Sam. Like in on of this shitty but popular LNs there's a whole backstory about how some samurai deflated the US army on his own. It's kind of hilarious but it's understandable.

Anything not on time in japan is a really big deal.

Besides that one scene in free I honestly never notice Australia being mentioned except when it's a mecha/post-apocolyptic show and Australia has a big hole in it

>Romania
>Fate/Apocrypha D
epicted Brasov pretty well
>Hellsing
Showed Vald III's mass killing of Turks and his demise
>Black Lagoon
Orphans that were neglected during the commie era

Based self hating kraut.

I find it hard to believe there were no Japanese that wanted to take vengeance on the massive destruction we did to them. The postwar violence was only contained in their own countries and most of their animosity was directed to their asian neighbors instead.

Attached: Picolets_mouth_-_Bonjour_Furinkan.png (618x480, 433K)

What happened in free? Never gonna watch it cuz I'm not gay.

I've only seen the clip, haven't watched it either, but a character goes on some sort of exchange to australia and stays with a host-family. They even get native australians to voice the roles.

youtube.com/watch?v=SsKp4sITALc

which country makes catgirls?

Zum Glück lebe ich nicht in diesem Drecksloch.

There’s Baccano and JoJo.

Only burgers care about this.

>forgets dog of flanders

To be fair they are infatuated with most of europe. There are buses full of japanese tourists where I live and contrary to popular believe they aren't acting that repectful either.

>Jew cat
YIKES!

China and Russia don't come out much better either.

I AM a glorious nippon.

Switzerland never got a mention except in that heidi movie

And also how much better the glorious nip soldiers are. Remember the american going "damn those japs are just so skilled".

It did in ashita no nadja

NO.

And the reason is...because I'M THE PRESIDENT OF THIS GREAT UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Attached: yujiro vs trump.jpg (1493x1195, 810K)

Theres a pretty good manga though.

>and their black soldiers?
Based Japs

Wow, Asuka predicted current-day Germany.

>current-day

Does this count?
youtube.com/watch?v=kK8HJ6ySN9Y

wtf i hate germany now

Attached: when-i-think-of-india-the-only-thing-that-comes-1774271.png (500x542, 143K)

>Nips give any fuck about it
That's a lie. They do love Bolesławiec and barszczyk.

Attached: Papaj tu~tu~.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

That is Flanders — it's also an English story.

The US gets shit on perpetually, we're used to it.

Meanwhile, if you read any Chinese webnovels, a ton of authors will shit on Japan and glorify the fuck out of their own culture. Ironically they often get portrayed as unfeeling monsters, but I often see gif/webm of people getting run over in China and just left in the road for fucking hours in timelapse as people pass by and ignore the situation. They are basically the pot calling the kettle black.

>forgets flanders is part of belgium

No, Japan sucks France’s dick

It's amazing what an actual reconstruction effort will do in repairing good will and international relations.

Munich isn't that bad at least

GATE really isn't any worse than 99% of any Hollywood movie involving the glorious US military who can't do no harm, only most people can see the wank happening in GATE because they haven't been indoctrinated since childhood to overlook it.

No.
No one knows what a fucking Belgium is supposed to be

Attached: nice rei.png (600x631, 198K)

An eagle does not concern itself with the opinion of rodents.

And I'm sure you're going to be the first to deny that the UK had any involvement when people start trashing American apple pie.

why are japs so autist?

Every nation shits on another, Japan on US/China, Korea on Japan, China on Jap/US. You are just more aware of it cause you watch their stuff

>samurai deflated the US army on his own
Is this written by that nationalist who added a backstory on the MC being in nanking and having a beheading contest?

What the fuck? Does Trump have a stronger grip than Yujiro?

Not really, I think Nips like my country Spain , even the SnW anime takes place in Cuenca a small city near the place were i live.

Attached: 1563762030010.jpg (641x845, 144K)

bbbuut, Nippon love Germany

Attached: 3744738.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

It goes back and forth

Attached: kawaii glow in the dark negro eats burgers of american superiority.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

Don't remember seeing niggers in it...

Please, they took some random words and phrases and that's it.

And Jesus Christ, nips are terrible at languages, couldn't recognize even one word.

That's the most accurate descripton of India I've seen in a while.

He's not wrong

American movies always make the American military job hard though.

>norway
Nah, nobody gives a fuck about us

That's how my dad described India.
That and snakes.

But that's literally an accurate description of India. Anybody calling this racist has obviously never stepped foot in that country.

The Government of Canada paid for an anime commercial to advertise our country to Japanese tourists.
youtube.com/watch?v=a822uufNGlw
There's also the big tiddy cat girl from GJ-bu.
Oh, and Wizard Barristers MC was a Canadian who was half Japanese or something.

Attached: superstore anime.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

To be fair, the JSDF had a satellite giving them wallhacks.

literally NOBODY would disagree with this. Not even liberals.

This. Also very great for faps too. It's more about plot that fapping, but those scenes were Asuka is turned from tsun virgin to lewd dere is hot af.

I know that there's lots of beggars and thieves in India, but I question the "disease-ridden" part.
Also, what's wrong with eating curry?

And also called the looping bullshit 10 years earlier.

isn't the author an ultra nationalist that wants to reestablish the Japanese Empire?

nope my country is wayyyy too irrelavent
t. lithuanian

>nips tend to overcompensate hard in regards to how badly they got fucked in the ass by Uncle Sam.
Goes both ways. America, for how hard we raped them, actually gets pretty good representation in J-series. Often America/Americans is seen as very strong/powerful if not slightly stupid at times.

China/Korea/SEAsian countries are probably the ones that get shit on the most in jap media.

yeah but GATE doesn't have the excuse of needing military tech to film their movies and probably not getting it if they're gonna shit on the US military

Dieses

At least the US military has experience of having been in fights before.

Nah he was just a former JSDF soldier himself so he wanks them super hard.

Pic related has been my desktop background since the show came out so I have to agree.

Attached: 1360771424030.png (1280x720, 903K)

Stop making me want to reread ReTake, you fucks

Attached: RTA_101.jpg (1263x2022, 891K)

The stereotype of the british having bland food came from the generation that grew up with post-wartime, overly boiled food that sucks all the flavor out of it. Much like how the American stereotype of kids having broccoli comes from Gen Xers who grew up with their parents over-boiling broccoli.

I like to think ReTake is to Anno what the Christmas Special is to Lucas, something he would love to burn and pretend it never existed.

It's because they fully expected us to treat them the way they treated the Chinese and Koreans (it was one of the reasons they were so hesitant to surrender), and the fact that we didn't turn them into slaves and brutalize them and in fact helped rebuild the country made a lot of them very grateful.

Bad example because ReTake was made by a bunch of fans on their own while the Holiday Special, though Lucas hates it, had to sign off on its creation.

I don't think it's abnormal that Japanese writers wank their own countries in their works, it's actually pretty natural. Other countries do it all the time with the good ol USA being one of the biggest ones. I guess for westerners who are into LNs/anime/manga, it comes off as annoying since 90% of the time the protagonist in these works some Japanese teenager whose epic katana skills make him the single strongest entity on Earth and he has all these 10/10 western girls throwing themselves at him.

Attached: superior nippon sword techniques.jpg (1280x720, 149K)

>the fact that we didn't turn them into slaves and brutalize them
America won't do that. We're the good guys.

USA probably the country with best chance at total world domination at that moment too. Europe/Asia/Africa were wrecked. US had built up the troops & military with a new nuclear bomb. Yet America chose peace.

Attached: america fuck yeah.jpg (600x413, 50K)

Maybe he hates Retake because the author wasn't suicidally depressed and wasn't afraid to have a hopeful ending

Attached: 1554622109221.jpg (853x1200, 269K)

To be fair though that divide is entirely political and not cultural.

There is a bigger border to cross between Flanders and Wallonia than the Netherlands and Flanders.

Attached: image_01.png (1143x774, 1.39M)

That's because burgers like to play the role of oppressed underdog who overcomes challenges against all odds. This siege mentality can be seen in many diffrent works of fiction.

Attached: 15442312.jpg (3008x1936, 1.36M)

> brasil
I saw some brazilians in anime but i don't remember them talking about our problems.

indians shit everywhere, theres no way they arent disease ridden

Stockholm Syndrome

The mindset is because we successfully won our freedom fighting against one of the best militaries of the world at the time. And before you bring up France, the French only got involved after the Battle of Saratoga where we had proven that this wasn't just an ordinary uprising and that we actually stood a chance of winning this thing.

A waffle?

America has been an underdog for most of it's history.

Also, oppressed underdog ties to nation's founding. Brits were way more powerful at that point in history. USA won mainly because it fought a defensive war and tired to make controlling the colonies not worth it for the Brits. The Brits also didn't want to run an account deficit just to wipe out their own people.

Attached: who would win usa britain british empire america farmers revoluation war cockroach farm bois.jpg (1583x977, 177K)

I'm American so yes they do it all the time, I don't think they've ever made an American character that was made to be a serious character and not some walking stereotype.

Based Araki

"The trash was never collected in time", laguhs in chilean

they developed a super human immune system through it

I can concur with this. I have Boomer parents who grew up with working class families and Victorian era grandparents. Victorians would boil the shit out of everything, because it was the best way to prepare things that were not refrigerated, and usually cheaper produce.

I grew up with a hatred of cabbage and liver because of my grandmother's habitual tendency to boil boil boil and heap piles of gravy onto everything.

I even have one of her cook books from the period, and it literally is boil everything and gravy it up.

I blame the not having access to meat regularly with this sort of focus on gravy and meat drippings.

Its weird how the culture even now tends to focus these things, my Aunt God rest her soul didn't like onion or garlic because it would over flavor everything. Nothing but salt and pepper, and butter if it was available.
It's enough to make you weep.

theyre still disease ridden, carriers can be immune to the pathogens they carry

Don't forget that the revolutionaries were helped immensely by France and to a lesser degree, Spain and the Netherlands. In effect the American revolution can be considered as part of a first world war considering how the British were fighting over multiple theatres in America, West Indies, Europe and India

British India is always written of fondly by people who lived there. Even then it was acknowledged to be a den of beggars, squatters, shit and filth ridden streets, and disease. The reason the British drink Gin and Tonic was because Gin was easier to make in large quantities than Brandy and could thus supply every man with his daily quinine tonic mixed with a cut of gin to fight off any bacteria in the dirty water they were forced to drink.

Kashmir is beautiful looks like a place in europe. Too bad it's ridden with terrorists.

How did your boomer parents have grandparents from the victorian era aren't you skipping a generation or two?

Such a great doujin. Would love if it was canon

America would have won even without France, but it would have taken longer for Britain to admit it's not worth it to pay to fight America.

France's contributions were largely beneficial to reducing the amount of lives and resources lost by all parties.

>first world war
That's the Napoleonic wars. America was clearly paying back favors to France during that era. Didn't attack the French American territories when France was warring in Europe, agreed to the Louisiana purchase, turned a blind eye to Napoleon's conquest in Europe, continued to trade and fuel France's war machine with resources/goods on the money from LP, and even got into a war of 1812 because of their relation/trade with France.

Attached: polandball ca us uk fr 1812.png (844x1946, 123K)

history always has a different version depending on who you ask

>She still stays with shinji in Germany and has a family there

Anytime a Filipino character is mentioned, they're usually from trash island or the slums like that

Attached: Antonio%27s_Home.png (985x943, 607K)

desu they were pretty gimped by using non-standard weaponry

Attached: which kebab do we remove first.jpg (1440x2150, 993K)

Doesn't even hold a candle touhou doujins.

Attached: 1564302259011.png (673x871, 546K)

>Poland
There was "zawsze in love" (zawsze=always, it was a translation fuck up by the author but they went with it lmao) in Nisekoi and in Grand Blue they like to drink polish spirytus (96% alcohol). That's all I think.

Thats pretty much the entire Philippines

A vampire loli?

Attached: images (4).jpg (480x639, 53K)

Fake news, Japan didn't rape and slave any gook or chink. Nothing happened other than a peaceful occupation!

Not that I have known, we are mostly portrayed as chads or big tiddie dragon mommy

Attached: images (5).jpg (225x350, 14K)

>he doesn't know about retake rebuild
the ride isn't over user

Retake Rebuild isn't done, though. I don't think he was talking about Rebuild

>implying he's not going to connect both through loop magic

As far as I'm aware, this is the only time that something from my "country" has been mentioned in an anime.

Attached: hey.jpg (500x281, 66K)

>Trash not collected on time
>In Germany
>doubt.jpg

retake kai never even got past bardiel. We'll be lucky to get 1 more chapter before 4.0, let alone the rest of it

>that one chapter where Kaworu and Asuka are fucking
Only thing that redeemed this trash author

Attached: 53863285_p52.jpg (400x500, 131K)

slut is full of shit
there is only one city in germany that smells like trash and that's Duisburg you can smell it before you see it but the trash gets picked up on time

No, Japan would never talk shit about the US because we such good friends and allies

Fuck off with your "ship"

Even the Retake author drew it, stay mad.

Attached: 53863285_p20.jpg (350x680, 191K)

>Bongland
That one anime where they complain about the food, and it's just a full english but with the colours changed.
Fuck that girl. English food is great if you're not getting it from some bottom-of-the-barrel pub or something.

Even shinKaw is more likely and makes more sense

>posts an anime character
>doesn't mention the country he/she is from

faggots.

Germany belongs to Islam

Not really, I think that Anchovy might be the most embarassing thing the japanese ever made regarding my country.

Shit, even the way they presented the italian government in Gunslinger Girl can't be called offensive, as it's even toned down compared to reality.

Now that I remember that show, I just noticed that the plot sounds even weirder in light of recent political developements in my country.

Their portrayal of Lega Nord was pretty fucking cool tho

Attached: 1562592853395.jpg (669x1000, 171K)

>Romania
No idea, I think Castelvania takes place in Romania but I haven't seen it. Not that I'd expect it to shit on my country anyway. Only eurofags hate on Romania and that's because most of their gypsies come from here.

Is Gunslinger Girl good?
I'm interested since it's set in Italy as i'm told

You're not exactly wrong
>t. flip

Funnily japs just pile up trash bags onto the sidewalk when it's collection day. Shit was pretty disgusting when you are used to people using either collection containers or individual trash cans in Germany.

Attached: kobayashi_huh.png (445x365, 103K)

I think it's mostly just that, outside of windmills and drugs, we don't have that many identifiable traits to your average uninformed japanese writer.

>America won't do that. We're the good guys.
No, it's just that America is pragmatic enough to realize that enslaving people through economics works better than actually physically enslaving them.

Pretty much this. The entire American revolution was little more than a proxy war between Great Britain and France.

Where does the "The Scarlet Sisters are from Belgium" theory come from?

You should watch JoJo part 5. It has a rather, um, interesting take on Italy.

This. Why have a population of resentful slaves ready to rise up when you could have a nation of sheep, enslaved to the almighty dollar?

accurate

Attached: x8.jpg (1272x1920, 1.72M)

Yep China, Cuba, Iran, Russia, North Korea, and majority of the Middle East look totally enslaved by the dollar.

Attached: I was only pretending to be retarded animu.jpg (680x436, 69K)

Cuba was enslaved by the Dollar. But they managed to earn their liberty by overthrowing their puppet government.

The only time nips even mention my country it's either some offhand mention or something positive

Her name is Flandre and her sister got a French name.

Attached: e2alufxkstgy.jpg (727x1082, 224K)

Too bad America already achieved a cultural victory ten years ago. The entire world watches their media, wears their clothes, and eats their McDonald’s hamburgers.

Flandre is a pretty common name in plenty of countries. As for Remilia, a belgium noble like her would have almost certainly been Austrian or Burgundian.

Feel bad for them chimps, living in favela's and all

I always laugh at posts like these. Maybe this was true for some years after 9/11, but for the past decade the vast depictions of America's military have either been to job horribly or paint how fucked up war is.

Nah. Plenty of civilizations hate America too much for them to win that way. Even in Indonesia, McDonald's are regularly blown up by islamic extremists.

That's pretty accurate, to be honest.

No shit, but that also completely destroys that 'BUT AMERICA GLORIFIES THEMSELVES THE MOST' argument.
My favorite is how people everywhere paint Call of Duty as the 'AMERICA FUCK YEAH' series when in reality the series spends more time jerking off the British SAS.

In code Geass bolan is one of first countries to go 'lol fuck britbongs we support elevens nao'

This asspain is unreal, especially since it can be seen as a compliment that America is sometimes (I wouldn't say often) used to set up the powerlevel of the story gimmick (as in if the gimmick is stronger than American military it's the strongest in the world).

Nah. It sounds nothing like Polish, but the text is alright.

Canada is only ever just barely referenced for some background plot shit. Usually it's just part of exposition when a character is explaining where another character worked or did something, for some reason Canada comes up a bunch in The Dance in The Vampire Bund manga

America is as self deprecating as it is patriotic. I think it's because the thing Americans hate most in the world is other americans.

And yes, anybody that thinks Call of Duty is "AMERICA FUCK YEAH!" has obviously never played the actual games.

This. My grandmother grew up in the inter-war period, and whenever we'd visit, we'd get 'treated' to boiled potato, peas (boiled in with the potato) and baked salmon. If we were lucky, we'd get butter. It was so fucking bland, but it was the kind of meal you'd grow between your outhouse and your bomb shelter (except with white fish instead of salmon).
My parents took on some of this attitude - while they like exotic foods like pasta and peppers and cous cous, my mum has been known to cut sausages in two to check they're sufficiently grey, then sear them down the cut 'just in case'.
That said, meat drippings rule. As a student I would save my sausage fat from the pan to have on toast the next day.
>the cuisine of this nation isn't very nice

>save my sausage fat from the pan to have on toast the next day.
Fry the bread in the fat, user. You'll never toast bread again.

Although my country is the most hated country in Japan, I haven't seen many ones shtting on it.
no, I'm not a chinese.

have you seen the guy's handshake?

Korea?

Gunslinger Girl is solid 10/10 perfection.

Please be advised, however, that there is no season two. It never happened, and it doesn't exist.

Yo korea on a daily basis gets shat on by japan for some reason

Yeah

I think the most negative anime mention of Canada I've come across was in Love Hina, when Naru's sister wanted to run away to here.