Overlord

>strike gold writing a series of books leading to a multimedia franchise including a multi-season anime, manga, and video game adaptation
>stop writing because you don't feel like it anymore

How the hell does this even happen?

Attached: overlord poster.jpg (800x600, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Qkyt1wXNlI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When you're rich you don't need to work anymore. So when he gets bored he stops.

Attached: george-r-r-martin-cinema.jpg (1024x768, 85K)

he still works a normal job doesn't he? or is that another WN/LN author

Still works a normal job and hates his co-workers so much he fucking inserts them as retards in his novel.

I believe it.

>he literally said ainz and co never are gonna face trouble
>being surprised he got bored after ainz forever beating shitters

>How the hell does this even happen?
Author can't handle social media, he reads everything and focuses on the bad shit.
He was so hurt about what twitter said about the anime adaptation that apparently is turning down madhouse's request for a 4th season before their license expires.

He confessed this, apparently pic related is a reference to a "bitch" who works at his office.

Attached: D_vBoA_XsAEZUa_.jpg (382x359, 58K)

why work a normal job when the royalties from the LNs are enough to live off of?

>he literally said ainz and co never are gonna face trouble
But that's nonsense since Ainz already had top-level fights where he could die in volume 3 and the new spinoff. He even set up the dragon lords which can kill level 100 people.

It's essentially a SoL anime about salaryman thrust into a position of power, one gets tired of trying to make epic scenes out of nothing, and Demiurge can only say sasuga ainz-sama so many times before it starts getting boring

kek
I should have known

To get inspirations for new keikaku and characters

it makes sense now

>Neia is based of a young new intern that aids him

finish the book you fat fuck reeeee

Attached: george busy writing got.webm (720x404, 558K)

He... doesn't look like the type of person that would swim. Honestly, I don't think he could even float.

I'm still mad about the wasted potential.

He's working on Elden Ring, he probably just lost all motivation to write the books after seeing the televised fanfiction version of his notes. It's probably the same type of feeling game developers get when fucking MatPat does a Game Theory on their shit and all of a sudden the hype is dead. Predictions going ahead of source material are a death sentence in all forms of media

I miss the frequent Overlord threads. I wish the author wasn't such a manchild.

Attached: Kill me.gif (178x214, 44K)

What do you make of Neia Baraja?

Attached: 1550531183497.png (1181x1748, 1.97M)

>inserts them as retards in his novel
BASED AND OVERLROD PILLED

Why do nips like young women?
What's wrong with cakes?

Attached: __ainz_ooal_gown_cz2128_delta_and_neia_baraja_overlord_maruyama_drawn_by_blackball__54740456d01a2ad0 (600x849, 1001K)

Dumb heretic bitch. The Heavenly Dragon Lord is godlier than Ainz will ever be.

Cute!

Attached: 1560322046977.jpg (852x480, 70K)

wrong

SOON

Attached: __calca_bessarez_and_narberal_gamma_overlord_maruyama_drawn_by_aken__sample-476dbb4bf9c7e2d4ad92f790 (850x1247, 168K)

No. You are.

Attached: 1565308191921.jpg (1242x802, 78K)

nip girls are very nice and sweet when young, once approaching the dreaded 30 they become demanding beasts.

bone necklace

>Twitter nips ruined Overlord for everyone else

I should've known. I also blame Madhouse, god their CGI is fucking atrocious.

>demanding beasts
Women don't masturbate, that's called sexual frustration.
And men don't know how to satisfy most women.

How?

Overlord or How my MMORPG guild's shitposts gained sapients

Even if they knew, how would they get black bulls in Japan?

don't you mean sentience?

It"s a pretty likely occurrence.

Attached: screenshot-296.png (1108x737, 630K)

>force him to continue
>fans shit on him for not doing a good job
>stop while ahead
>fans still shit for for not doing his job
It's lose/lose situation, he could just pull out a "the sun told me to burn everything" route on his series and just fuck off to working on his normal job again

I mean, it's more for better than for worse, right? I didn't even read the latest volume because it's gotten so utterly mundane. 12 and 13 had basically nothing happen at all except more "literally who cares" nations getting toppled with the ease of a jenga tower.

Attached: 1501693000868.png (686x608, 583K)

(me)
Wait, I think I meant 11 and 12. 11 was the pointless dwarf adventures where no meaningful events happened whatsoever, right?

Sentience reference to a creatures capability to feel and perceive the world subjectively, while sapience refers to a creatures ability to be self aware. A cat has a high degree of sentients but it wont be spewing philosophy any time soon.

no

Is he a Japanese Chris-chan?

Attached: 1474464174385.jpg (826x1050, 209K)

My wife.

Attached: 1540928330699.png (534x723, 245K)

what a convenient excuse...

but if you think only the last few seasons have been below expectations and he's been writing the next book for over a decade, then you see it's BS

I want to read Albedos fanfiction

good girl

Attached: 1561947315892.jpg (1050x1962, 610K)

fuck the Auhor
RIP overlord

What a cute dog.

obese people are very buoyant

One can write about "nothing happens" only that much.
> no competition because of "muh overlord"
> no sex because of "muh skeleton"
> no development because of "sasuga ainz sama"

Was his bitchfit about people pirating the bonus novel real? Didn't want to believe he was this much of a faggot

I'm amazed that fat fuck does not have a eighth scale train in his yard

>no more overlord
What did I miss? Is he still mad about the fan translations?

>Honestly, I don't think he could even float.
???
Fat is the most floaty part of the human body except for full lungs.

>>strike gold writing a series of books leading to a multimedia franchise including a multi-season anime, manga, and video game adaptation
>>stop writing because you don't feel like it anymore

every author

Attached: yoshihiro-togashi_a186842.jpg (449x478, 29K)

Should I keep buying volumes or it's 100% confirmed he'll stop writing at all?

she is my wife

Attached: 1538925080239.jpg (466x460, 135K)

>Should I keep buying volumes or it's 100% confirmed he'll stop writing at all?

buy the things, even if he stops Yen Press will not stop the money train, ghostwriters are a thing in Japan right?

Yes but hes using it as an excuse bc he wanted to stop for a while now. Hes an ass.

He doesn't seem rich, I think he fucked up and sold some overlord IP too early now he doesn't get much money from the books.
Seem it will end at vol 16 or 17.
Whether it continues beyond is unknown, I rather kadokawa buy it off and let the editor continue it with maruyama giving guidance.

Togashi is still writing and is still motivated, he's just slow as balls. Maruyama literally doesn't want to do Overlord anymore.

just end it as Touch Me bitch slapping everyone

Sorry user, Touch Me's tale has long ended.

Attached: Chinese Touch Me.jpg (550x1230, 229K)

overlord amount to an author self insert where he is an overpowered almighty god and rapes torturers and recks all those meanies at work that call him a stupid faggot

it has 2x the word count of lord of the rings and he says hes not interested in it anymore why did i waste so much fucking time on this shit

Attached: 1422833376895.png (817x718, 627K)

>and rapes
Ainz has no dick user.

It isn't confirmed that he'll stop writing, as he said he wanted to write about high school wrestling, but he plans to end Overlord someone between vol. 16~18.
Are you retarded? He has mentioned how he's lost motivation for Overlord multiple times across the years. The fans trans thing is a different thing entirely. Piraters like to deny it, but for series that have fantrans, it actively detracts from official sources and makes them sell less. It's the same meme as paying artists in exposure. This was never about pirating though. He knew about fantrans for years and didn't particularly care, he was annoyed at some exclusives getting translated.
He is most definitely rich. 13 novels, 4 seasons, a gacha game and some others.

>Piraters like to deny it, but for series that have fantrans, it actively detracts from official sources and makes them sell less. It's the same meme as paying artists in exposure.
How is it a meme when you have famous authors trying it as an experiment with it succeeding, as well as the EU having done studies, finding the studies literally resulting in piracy having no effect, and having covered up the studies for 7 whole years before being found out by people? If these studies were full of shit, why not just denounce them? Why cover them up? They spend millions for these studies, do you think they just threw that money down the drain randomly?

The fact that DRM games have not been shown to outsell non-DRM games all these years says it all. In fact in many DRM game cases it even made the sales worse than their predecessors.

>it actively detracts from official sources and makes them sell less

maybe nips should stop being retarded and thinking people will happily wait years for translations for a popular series when they are hundreds of people that are willing to translate for free weeks after novel release.

user that's like saying people who try out food in cosco would have bought those foods if there was no demo instead of just eating and moving on since they got to try it for free, you underestimate how many alternatives there are out there, only by deeply investing in a product would the average consumer gain loyalty to it and be willing to unconditionally fork out cash there's good reason light novels only took off in the west after piracy became wide spread

>Piraters like to deny it, but for series that have fantrans, it actively detracts from official sources and makes them sell less
youtube.com/watch?v=0Qkyt1wXNlI
It both detracts and attracts and you have no idea which effect will be bigger.

He can live off his work, so no.
>The fact that DRM games have not been shown to outsell non-DRM games all these years says it all. In fact in many DRM game cases it even made the sales worse than their predecessors.
It's not a valid comparison.

Watched the 3 seasons and really didn't like it (I watch popular animes just for culture even if I don't like them)

I'd like to know, what is good in Overlord ? I don't care about the too strong part, I find the background too blurry, no characters depth, "masterplan" way too plain, overall bad shonen dialogues and scenes ...

So please guys, what am I missing ? I don't have much expectations in animes I watch, I even like Fairy Tail and OPM ...

>Watched the 3 seasons and really didn't like it
No wonder.
t. re-read each volume at least three times and never finished S3

I don't think he's some kind of literary god or that he would've produced an unparalleled masterpiece if left to his own devices or anything, but even retards can see how increasingly fucked the adaptation gets relative to his own narrative. There's a wealth of lost potential and shitposting, I wouldn't be surprised if he just doesn't give a shit anymore and doesn't intend on releasing that book at all, at least in a really well-thought-out state.

Calca is dead and crispy

I wonder if all the insulting abuse Calca and later her corpse went through was Demiurge's idea or if the Wrath demon(s) came up with it on their own.

I don't think it was Demiurge's idea, remember is he is the guy that runs the happy farm, where it is implied that there are also breeding experiments between demihumans and humans.
So I don't think he would have wasted a magic caster of the 4th-tier magic.

She's fine at the happy farm

>I wonder if all the insulting abuse Calca and later her corpse went through was Demiurge's idea or if the Wrath demon(s) came up with it on their own.
Is this fanfiction or actually happened in the LN?

How?
I wonder if it's possible to clone someone by cutting a body part and then casting a heal magic on it.
Imagine calca getting cut in half and healing both would we get two Calcas?

I'm not really going to entertain someone who thinks piracy is positive. I've got better things to do, like browse this board. Instead, I'll just quote the founder of JNC (pretty big LN publisher)
>I don't want to be misquoted here, so let me clarify: From our data, series that have finished fan translations that have been out there for a while, or series where the fan translation have been consistently released and are caught up to the Japanese release see depressed sales.

Also, the quality and consistency of the fan translation matters a lot.

As a concrete example, we've sold more copies of Grimgar volume 4 than Grimgar volume 3.

Tell me any other plausible reason for that other than the fact that fan translation existed for volumes 1-3.
Good idea. They should hire hundreds of unqualified "translators" (note: there aren't a hundred people willing to translate overlord light novels. there's probably not even ten.) to work on a popular IP, instead of their tried and trained professionals. Kill yourself retard.
Speak english please ESL-kun. I can understand about half of what you're trying to say.
>light novels only took off in the west after piracy became wide spread
[citation needed] light novels took off** in the west about 5 years ago, give or take. fan trans and similiar were out much earlier. index as the prime example.
**i say "took off" but this is in comparison to basically no light novels being licensed at all. light novels are still very niche in the west.

>Retardios
Is she his literal female boss he secretly wanted tor rape? Is that the reason he hided his face?

>possible to clone someone by cutting a body part and then casting a heal magic on it.
Demi prove it was impossible, the severed part would magically disappear.
Unless it was processed into something different.
"Calca" is probably doppelganger now.

>and video game adaptation
hol up
you don't mean the shitty gacha thing, do you?

>I'm not really going to entertain someone who thinks piracy is positive.
What about people that live in the middle of nowhere?
Also most of money goes to the publisher not the creator.
Look at FAKKU for example, many creators didn't know their works are published there.

Souka...

Calca is a doppelganger? Are you sure, I thought it was her brother that was being impersonated.

>Falling for Demiurge's deception
She is alive. Remedios was right. She is too important to be killed. That's why Demiurge use that village girl's lower half to fool them.

Many english LN publisher hire shitty translators, if not with different political agenda.
At least I know fantranslator won't pull such thing.

>her brother that was being impersonated.
At this point probably half of the holy kingdom higher ups are doppels.

>that village girl's lower half
Who?

didn't the author confirm that calca and the head priest woman are dead and gone

A-are you sure? For sure Remedio's sister dead because the head was attached to a withered tree.

Probably from what we know higher doppelganger are mercenary monster summoned with YIGGSdrasil gold.

In the LN Jaldabaoth grabs her by th leg, smashes her famously pretty face, then uses her (unconscious but still alive, at least at first) as a club to bludgeon some of her subordinates to death.

When he is seen again months later he brings what's left of her (very decayed bottom half with some armor still on it) and finally splatters it to rotten bits smacking her best friend with it.

>For sure Remedio's sister dead because the head was attached to a withered tree.
Read this >Unless it was processed into something different.
Like being the head of the circlet demon.

Attached: Circlet_Demon.png (657x763, 1.04M)

Nothing says calca is dead.

>Who?
Some random girl the demons killed and cut in half, put Calca's armor on to make her people think she's dead.
Probably a ruse. He can just say he changes his mind later on.
>For sure Remedio's sister dead because the head was attached to a withered tree.
It's probably Arche's head. That's why it's blonde and the tree dude never used any of Kelart's spells.

>Some random girl the demons killed and cut in half
Was this mentioned or speculated?
This looks like something demi would do.

>What about people that live in the middle of nowhere?
Like I said, I'm not entertaining people who think piracy is positive. If you want to pirate, feel free to pirate. I do it all the time.
>Also most of money goes to the publisher not the creator.
Depends entirely on their contract. As you should know, the bigger you are, the easier you can negotiate. SAO, Oregairu, DanMachi etc the list goes on. Regardless, something is greater than the nothing from piracy so this is pointless anyway.
>Many english LN publisher hire shitty translators, if not with different political agenda.
Sorry user, they don't hire from /pol/. When people complain about translation "quality" it's because of a) they aren't using the shitty fansub names 2) they aren't using honorifics like -kun, -san, -sama, -chan etc. which makes sense. If you want those then learn japanese. 3) shitposting. That's what it almost always comes down to. Very rarely will you actually see "shit TL".
>At least I know fantranslator won't pull such thing.
user... fantranslators pull this shit way more. Are you retarded or just new?

>"shit TL"
RABBIT

>they don't hire from /pol/
Have you read anything released by yenpress?
At least /pol/fags have the decency to admit it.

How come Shalltear is less evil than Albedo?

Attached: 1562858033581.png (870x569, 689K)

She doesn't want to kill supreme beings.

when you get older it gets tiresome to finish things

>Shalltear and Sebas discuss the Super Secret guardian made by Ainz-sama himself early in volume 3
>we never learn what they actually thought of Pandora's Actor when they finally met him

Incidentally, I only now realized that part of the reason Sebas never caught onto the fake Ainz-sama in volume 6 is because he actually never met PA and haven't even heard of him except for that conversation with Shalltear at that point.

I think you are a nigger.

>The word "demiurge" is an English word derived from demiurgus, a Latinised form of the Greek δημιουργός or dēmiourgos. It was originally a common noun meaning "craftsman" or "artisan", but gradually came to mean "producer"

Attached: __demiurge_overlord_maruyama_drawn_by_k_ta__59e7c7aa1fce89aeec81b1ed418663f8.jpg (800x800, 426K)

I have some exciting news

Attached: Read It.png (898x297, 91K)

Obligatory

Attached: 1550495594559.jpg (760x596, 228K)

>author doesn't want to write
>How the hell does this even happen????
It's not rocket science. There is no secrets.

Attached: 1321543654.jpg (570x591, 102K)

Attached: 12315436475876.jpg (3185x1348, 1.47M)

Shalltear cleans her body regularly... unlike Albedo.

This. Albedo is smelly. *pinches nose*

It's a nice kind of smell though, sweet even and it clings to your body... just ask Ainz-sama

>stop writing because you don't feel like it anymore

You are Smalltime

wow!

money is not unique, user. once you have some, you don't need more.
- sincerely: someone who has never starved

Apply this to women and Satoru Will have a harem in the sidestory

I'm positive that it's his headcanon.
She can just rip her skin off and heal to save time.

That kind of lack of concern for one's personal care is undesirable in a partner, even Ainz and Shalltear take baths regularly.

What are you talking about? Ripping off and regrowing is an ultimate form of washing oneself.
You only take off a bit while bathing.

Ainz doesnt want his future wives to be lazy, read the LNs

Is this canon??

Attached: IMG_20190822_222441.jpg (1371x299, 70K)

You obviously never worked on the same fucking thing every day for years. And I don't mean "the same job" as that gets horrid too, but I mean the same thing. Like if your job is janitor, only claning windows all day, every day, you wake up, window, eat, window. Window window window. All day until window just becomes a strange word.
Just look at HiatusxHiatus, Berserk. In western media, Fat R R Fartin.

Theta not the case for Overlord though. He does this as a hobby, a side job. He just doesn't find it fun anymore.

>demiurge
>demiurgus
All this time I thought it was weird they always pronounced it like that, translators were messing best boy's name.
To the happy farm.

Attached: 059dlga42ro01.jpg (640x384, 44K)

It's writing, it can't be the same each day.
Was, he went full time writer years ago.

Shalltear is smelly as well, it's just that the smell so strong it burns your olfactory pulp.

Maruyama finds terraforming mars interesting.
That could be the anime, a board game or the actual thing, who knows.

>aliens attack nazarick
>nazarick in space

Attached: johj.jpg (346x332, 36K)

Unironically Overlord would be kino if all Ainz's servants started developing personalities like he wanted and they all eventually consort to overthrow him for their own personal grievance.

Is he a joke to you?

Attached: Kyouhukou_Databook.png (310x385, 119K)

He wasn't evolved into a humanoid by Rahab's technology and he never had to develop his own civilization. He might be a disgusting joke, but a joke nonetheless.

Attached: TerraForMars_c06_-_p38.png (1116x1600, 704K)

>overthrow him
What if they just find something else to do?

>write a bunch of volumes
>get rich
>keep writing
>kind of bored of writing now
>wait, I'm already rich
>

The last season of the anime was a really, really fucking awful adaptation. The quality was legitimately very, very poor so I can't blame him if he turns them down. Considering the garbage they produced last time it only makes sense to do so, at least if they can't somehow prove that they're going to do a much, much better job next time.

How do we keep writers poor so that they keep writing without disincentivizing writing in general?

Attached: 1564511749495.png (848x1200, 985K)

No, Shalltear canonically bathes very often.

If he could have children they could potentially become quite powerful without having the in-built fanatical loyalty of the NPCs.

So a critical mass of potential heirs could murder their father and tear what was left of Nazarick apart in a civil war with the NPCs forced to choose sides.

Finished reading vol13... just kill me, it really seems vol14 will never come out.

Attached: 1558843781485.png (215x189, 55K)

What goes better for traitor genes, half vampire or half demon?

Did you at least enjoy v13 or were you disappointed like me?

Attached: 1564419507283.jpg (1240x1754, 1.52M)

hnnng my wife is so beautiful

Attached: 1539589513535.jpg (1748x2480, 1.14M)

>Kill yourself retard
Just because i don't want to wait years for a translation?
You're sub 80 IQ or mentally ill.

>Togashi is still writing and is still motivated
good joke user

Slavery

>last season of the anime
I'd take an OVA of Albedo and Shalltear being gay with each other over that junk.

Yet he still can bone

I was very satisfied by it to be honest.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading about how the humans were played like a damn fiddle by Demi.. Ainz-sama.

Neia is a really tragic character, despite how she loves and respect Ainz, she is nothing more than a pawn to Ainz (promote Runecraft-tm and overthrow the Holy kingdom.
I hope she gets together with Shizu someday and gets her family revived, her father and mother really didn't deserve to die.

Imagine writing a multi-million dollar franchise and then tweeting that you'd rather be making a series about high school wrestling.

Sasuga Maruyama sensei.

Overlord got repetitive. I didn't finish the holy nation volume because it was so boring and already done. All the gimmicks and jokes. And they were slowly done dragging punch lines we already knew.

You should be asking yourself, what will you write about?

Attached: 1520215217708.jpg (1920x1080, 47K)

He once gave an interview together with Carlo Zen where he said he wouldn't write more until Youjo Senki's anime got 3 ceours. He's just keeping his word.

He said he has a quota to fill out each day and week.
Fucking kek, they actually do have him as a slave.

Editor has a whip.

Exactly he had end game, at least not as far as I could tell.

Editor has a pussy whip

>It's a nice kind of smell though, sweet even and it clings to your body...

Attached: 76158454_p5.jpg (1440x1864, 281K)

sixsome with the blue roses

Attached: bluerose2.jpg (1190x1707, 453K)

I used to always wait in anticipation for a new release and have re-read the novels many times but I've lost almost all interest after the long hiatus and the author's stance. Pretty strange.

Really? I'm still pretty excited for the next volume. The EE 'what if' story left enough hints at potential enemies that could wipe out nazrick that the main story still feels like they've only scratched the surface of the NW

Too bad he’s ending it on vol 17 and throwing all that in the garbage.
Enjoy 4 more volumes of shit tier humans.

So if I get Isekai'd in NW along with my GF Gagaran would beat me into submission and eventually make me betray my girl using her muscular pussy to tame my cock.

CAUTION: sexy

Attached: 75039371_p0.jpg (1430x2048, 297K)

>Ainz favorite smell
Can Keeno beat her in the sidestory?

>Maruyama is still a salary man
>Ainz lives as a salary man in Nazarick
>Satoru Is the same
What's the meaning of this?

Have you ever done any creative writing, user?

>Not writing your own version of Overlord where you go on adventures with the NPCs
Hace you user?

Yes, otherwise I wouldn't be bringing it up. Not "my own version of overlord," but that's beside the point.
Sometimes you just burn out; especially with a long-running series like this. It's not surprising to think the passion isn't there anymore and he doesn't know how to wrap up the story.
Add in a lot of pressure from his massive fan base and... things just stop.