Is this manga worth getting into? I usually don't read a lot because I'm a brainlet but I need more of my redhead gf

Is this manga worth getting into? I usually don't read a lot because I'm a brainlet but I need more of my redhead gf.

Attached: sirp.jpg (1810x2560, 712K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OKqGw1ODD-E
youtube.com/watch?v=dKn-lk27QaI
youtube.com/watch?v=7TEpuD6g3Qo
youtube.com/watch?v=ErEfQmra6W4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Seconding. I'd like to know.

Also, is GoS any good?

It's run of the mill romance harem shit, but with an Eva theme. Also the characters are dissimilar to how they were on the show (in Rei's case, very different)

Attached: sirp soccer.jpg (1024x1449, 265K)

No. It's only Asuka in name.
It's basically "girl falls on top of shinji on a lewd way" every chapter.

Attached: asuka~160.png (1920x1080, 1.3M)

So it's better than the original?

It's not canon and has different endings to the anime.

If you can't handle the default Asuka, you are unworthy of waifuing her
>think you're gonna get one of the girls at last winning the shinjibowl in a somewhat official capacity
>status quo ending

Attached: 1546576114871.jpg (707x1135, 89K)

>I usually don't read a lot

Gross, don't even talk to me.

>ywn give Asuka a hug and tell her you're there for her

Attached: 1551557352996.png (426x396, 211K)

I like to think its Asuka without the mental issues. Same with Shinji

>implying she didn't 'win' be default by eoe

Short answer: No

Not really worth getting into because it's basically stupid harem stuff. Art is nice though.

I dont even know is she likes Shinji at the end. She calls him disgusting and the movie end there. Way to kick someone when their down, anno.

You can try to hug a thot. It'd be pretty much the same to try to hug Asuka (instant rejection with disgust, call the police or at best a self-destructive cycle where you lose the most)

Attached: caution.png (720x544, 534K)

Yeah I hear you. He had one last chance to stop being a cuck in the kitchen scene after Asuka tells him she wants ALL of him, and then just uses her as a crutch again right after.
I think the point of the ending is that despite them hurting each other so much, they now have the capability to accept themselves and each other, and so there is still hope for their future despite the bleak existence in front

Yeah, asuka definitely moved passed her issues by showing love toward shinji when she couldn't before, due to their similarities. It's just a downer that the last taste we have of them is some form of rejection

Only if you're a low status faggot

Do it. Also, read the Evangelion manga if you have not since it is more fulfilling than the TV series.

Also, you are quite a brainlet thinking that Asuka is better than the others.

Only if you wanna see anime tiddies

I'm on vol. 3 and if anything, it made me hate Asuka (more). She's even more of a cunt than canonically, but doesn't have a dramatic background to justify it. Also she isn't so confident and powerful. Even though I'm all for canon AsuShin, in SIRP I just wish Asuka would finally fuck off.

It's important symbolically to show that despite the capability for hope and love existing between these two (and by extension every individual who may choose to return) whether platonically, emotionally or romantically, they are going to continue hurting each other on the path they pave together to fulfillment.
Which is okay and even preferable, as the hurt is worth it to be together with people you care about.

Attached: c3b450d84eb9e0e126cf938141cf7a55.jpg (564x318, 37K)

It's all right. Don't go in expecting the same level of quality as you get from the actual show, but if you want more Eva content then it's worth it.
The issue with it, as with most eva spinoffs, is that writers have trouble getting the characters right.
>Also, is GoS any good?
Yeah, better than SIRP (both the manga and game) IMO. It and 2 are about the best NGE vidya made so far IMO, though I haven't gotten my hands on NGE2

>mfw the author had to write Kaworu out because he would just win the Shinjibowl again with ease
Someone nerf this boy already, he's too powerful.

Attached: SIRP_KaworuShinji.jpg (1069x668, 92K)

Shinji "magnet hands" Ikari somehow simultaneously has D-rank luck and S-rank luck.

The big difference between NGE Asuka and all the other incarnations of the character is that NGE Asuka isn't really a tsundere because her issues don't revolve around Shinji and she doesn't go dere dere for him while in the others versions, she's effectively a tsundere.

Attached: asuka-cooking.jpg (500x284, 47K)

This.

read asuka broth instead

Attached: 121348.png (1170x1276, 1.75M)

youtube.com/watch?v=OKqGw1ODD-E

what a fiery girl

I still don't know how Eva got a shoujo manga, specially one centered on a love triangle with Shinji in the middle. It didn't run for a long time, only 6 tankoubon, so I guess Gainax was throwing shit to the wall after overexploiting the IP for years

Soryu is definitely an expression of tsundere but she isn't the general archetype that revolves only around the MC and goes full dere dere for him.

Imagine not being a Reifag. Sad

>Soryu is definitely an expression of tsundere but she isn't the general archetype that revolves only around the MC and goes full dere dere for him.
Therefore she isn't a tsundere. That's the entire fucking appeal. Your post is like saying "Socrates isn't a mortal, except he can die from old age, disease, accident or being murdered"

That's why I said expression. Shikinami doesn't revolve around Shinji neither but apparently she is a tsundere according to you. No other label generalized her actions towards Shinji as well.

Shikinami didn't have a character in 2.0 except being a tsundere

>Shikinami doesn't revolve around Shinji neither but apparently she is a tsundere according to you
Did you even watch the rebuilds? Every thing Shikinami does and say is related to Shinji, either because she loves him or hates him. Every dialogue is directly related to Shinji. Her fanboys like to argue that she became a bitter cunt because Shinji rescued the doll instead of her, what would make her even more dependant of being "chosen" by Shinji for her happiness. And she even might still care for brat Shinji, or at least her fanboys want to

Attached: Evangelion-3_0-Asuka-Shinji.jpg (1280x542, 101K)

Every character revolves around Shinji in Rebuild, it's disgusting and annoying.
Shikinami in particular is one of the most poorly developed characters in the movie series.

Haven't watched it in a while. The most I remember her doing for him is cooking. Before Bardiel she showed development with Misato saying it feels good to talk to others, but that wasn't directly correlated to Shinji. How else did she revolve around him, I don't remember desu.

I don't know how I'd describe Soryu but her outward person being tsun to Shinji when her inner person just wanted to be 'held' and cared for by him seems to fit an offshoot of tsundere, the only difference being she can't admit her dere feelings to herself.

Good doujin ruined by meme sex scenes

I get where you're coming from and I think both of you are right in a way. She is a realistic depiction of a tsundere that is abrasive on the outside but wants warmth on the inside. She is traumatized and refuses to accept those feelings of warmth and so acts out on them and projects her anger onto others. She's the equivalent of a boy pulling on the hair of a girl during recess to get her attention.

In the end, she's a person, not a complete archetypal tsundere, but exhibits many of the qualities of one in a realistic and believable way. She doesn't have the capacity to express how the real her feels or wants. I guess it depends on if you want to view tsundere as a black and white thing or more of a spectrum, ya know?

Or they can just find another person who actually makes them happy to be with. If real life is anything to go by, those seemingly "deep" rocky relationships sooner or later end up in divorce.

They could but after all they have gone through with each other it would seem weird. The whole point of the ending is risking being hurt in order to feel love. That's why asuka showed some love towards shinji

Sure. They are purposefully meant to be an extreme to show that if even these two crazy, fucked up people have hope for the future then the loser NEETS that this show is aimed at have no excuse. They hurt each other, but need each other. Who else can possibly understand them the way they can considering they are basically the same people?
Note that 'love' doesn't have to be purely romantic as I said. It could be that, platonic, or emotional with two people who care about each other trying to help and understand each other. Banging or romance doesn't need to be involved and it's not the point.

>after all they have gone through with each other it would seem weird
It's not weird at all, it's what happens IRL all the time. Couples go through hurdles and struggles together that would seemingly weld them together, and then they split up. Anything can happen and both Shinji and Asuka don't really look like they're thrilled to be together. That relationship is way too troubled to last. They are not a harmonious couple, their main theme seems to be constantly hurting each other and to me it looks like one big masochistic nightmare. Hate to tall you but no relationship like that is likely to last.

Well, I dont think that's fair. Sure, they hurt each other a lot throughout the anime but it was caused by their self hatred and inability to show love to one another. We dont know how they will interact with each other now that it is all over.

The entire reason it doesn't work pre-eoe is because they fail to accept themselves or try to understand others. They wouldn't have long lasting relationships with anybody because of this before their catharsis on the beach.
Post-eoe, they concluded their arcs and now have the capability to understand and accept themselves and others, and are now ready to depart on a new journey with that newfound knowledge. Anything could happen, and they don't need to be a 'couple'. They could end up as a couple, as friends, as emotional partners or even part ways like you said. Considering the point of the show is finding love in spite of pain, I'd say the latter is the least likely, especially considering they are all they have for an unknown period of time.

Judging post eoe asuka and shinji by pre eoe standards is pretty unfair

>They hurt each other, but need each other.
Nobody should ever "need" another person, that's the telltale sign of a relationship being unhealthy and toxic. The main theme in Shinji's character arc is not to cling on people for validation and happiness. If his character arc was to be any success at all, it would mean that Shinji does not need Asuka and neither does she need him. The only way to start a normal relationship is to choose to be with another person without any ulterior motive, simply because you want to, not because you need to.
>Who else can possibly understand them the way they can considering they are basically the same people?
Sometimes people who are "you" are your worst company because your worst traits resonate and amplify. It's such naivety to think that just because they are somewhat thematically similar that means their relationship is a sealed deal.
>two people who care about each other trying to help and understand each other.
Neither Shinji nor Asuka have ever tried to altruistically help one another. The main issue with both characters is that they are seeking relationships for purely egotistical purposes because they lack self love and they just want another person to fill the void in their hearts. None of this is a good foundation for a fulfilling relationship. We never really see them lay such foundation.

>It's just a downer that the last taste we have of them is some form of rejection
Do you think it has something to do with the fact that Shinji tried to kill her several times and went all Cosby on her twice? Do you really want to force a ship so badly that you would force a girl to be with her borderline rapist?

1. He choked her the first time in a dream
2. The second time it was, likely, to see if she was real
3. The jerk off scene is the only real problem but Shinji hates it too and, after all they've gone through, I think she could get over it.

As I said, this is judging them by pre-eoe standards instead of post-eoe. Their lack of the capability of self love and acceptance kills any chance of happiness they have with others before it.
They 'need' each other because humans are social creatures and you lose your individuality with others to compare and contrast yourself with, like EOTV said. It's better to fight through the pain for the hope of love and understanding than be eternally lonely and lose your individuality.

What would have happened in shinji instead of asuka fought the mp evas in end?

>1.
Not in a dream, in Instrumentality. Which means there was an actual contact. Even in a situation where he couldn't physically hurt her, Shinji's soul still wanted to murder Asuka's soul.
>2.
Not a justification, whatsoever.
>after all they've gone through
Through what exactly? Asuka being left for dead by Shinji, getting tanged by him, getting choked by him several times, witnessing her sexual degradation by his hand and then pulling herself out of LCL with no help of his either. Yeah I don't see how she would be any more inclined to just let it go and "get over it. Obviously you've never interacted with a girl. Even if she could get over it, which not many girls could, there's no reason as to why she should. Because honestly after all Shinji put her through the last thing he deserves is to "get the girl."

>As I said, this is judging them by pre-eoe standards instead of post-eoe.
EoE did not make things between them better though, in fact it made things much, much worse. Yes they progress as characters (though not so sure about Asuka), which means they could potentially find love and happiness in the future, just not a lot of ground for that love to be between each other.

1. Because he was going through a fucked up process and it ends with him in a better state. I dont see the big deal. There are multiple parts where he is being yelled at and humiliated in this nightmare but it all leads him to a better place.

2. It is. It's about the intent and he wants to know she is real or a hallucination like Rei. Hell, we dont even know how how long he's been alone in this world. You are purposely making him out to be worse then he is.

3. You are trying your best to present Shinji as an asshole without trying to understand him. It's like saying Asuka is a bitch who doesnt deserve anything because she keeps on pushing people away and hurting them. The point is, at the end we see them change by seeing them address their real issue. Their view of themselves. Asuka doesnt reject shinji at the end. After he chokes her, something you are over reacting on, she chooses to caress his face.

It's alright. Like some guy had mentioned. It's run of the mill romance stuff, except with a few character added/ changed. My personal favorite being Gendo.

>the loser NEETS that this show is aimed at have no excuse
Fuck the retards who actually think this.
Eva is the biggest normalfag Anime in Japan, the equivalent of Star Wars.

>though not so sure about Asuka
Asuka arguably shows more signs of change and progression that Shinji. I don't know how you can even come to that conclusion.

They may find love with each other, maybe not. I don't get why this keeps coming back to seemingly 'romantic' love when that's not the point, unless I'm misinterpreting the context of your using. It's about them being able to accept and understand each other now. Asuka could have chose to walk off after seeing Shinji when she came out of the soup. She could have struggled to get him to stop choking her. She chose to show forgiveness and acceptance despite all of the hell they went through. It doesn't mean that things are 100% peachy between them now but it by definition gives them hope for a future together as two people that can understand one another and help one another. It doesn't mean they will never hurt each other again, because they will, which is kind of the point. Each other is all they have now until others come put of the soup, if they ever do.

He straight up was trying to kill her in the final scene, that's why Asuka's original line is "I'll never be killed by someone like you!"
How delusional do you have to be to see someone choking someone else and not think there's an intent to kill?

>I dont see the big deal
If you don't see the big deal with what Shinji does to Asuka then I hope to god you never find a relationship with a woman because you will surely just abuse her.

That line has multiple potential meanings and even appears in different endings ( in one she isn't even choked). I guess I can't disprove your interpretation since you could view it that way but I dont think it makes much sense. I dont see the reason Shinji would do that and it doesnt change the fact she isn't as hurt by it as you are.

>Shinji wanted to murder asuka's soul
He wanted to murder all of humanity. Asuka was the last thing in the world that could help and love him unconditionally, but she chose to not be an emotional crutch for a person that doesn't want her for who she is, which is what she wanted from him the most.

Her rejection of him is more symbolic of humanities global rejection of Shinji more than anything. Not trying to excuse his actions because they were deplorable, but it was more of the final straw that broke his back.

Again, the context is so fucking different to reality that is changes it alot. You are too dramatic

Dude I think Asuka and Shinji have a genuine chance at forming a real bond post eoe but no matter which way you look at it Shinji's actions were deplorable. Even if a lot of what he did was a result of his absolutely broken mindset, it still was a bad thing to do.

It's like when Asuka shit talked Shinji after he got absorbed because she was trying to mask how she felt. It's understandable why she did the things she did, but it doesn't make it any less wrong.

I agree. I am just trying to say that it's not as bad as that user makes it sound. He isn't trying to understand shinji at all. He is just focusing on his actions without looking at the intent, context on how Shinji himself feels about it. He hates himself thought the movie and only at the end does he feel alright. It's not like he did this things and is happy about it.

Oh yeah I agree with you then. Just looking at Shinji's actions and judging him based off of that means you miss half the point of the show. He's not a bad person, he just made bad decisions because of his tragically traumatized mindset

"You need to understaaaaaand your abuser" is a trope that needs to die a horrible death as soon as possible.

Everyone abused everyone in this show. Understanding why and how to change it is the point.

By your logic Asuka shouldn't try to be understood because she 'abuses' Shinji's and her character should start and stop at being a bitch.

lol

Would you trust this man around your girlfriend?

Attached: Smugji (2).jpg (700x525, 59K)

He would be #meetoo'd if he was real

What if he wants YOU to be his gf

Yes because Kaji is my self insert

Attached: 1553148393846.jpg (2000x1347, 849K)

>the fact she isn't as hurt by it as you are.
She looks like she's pissed off here dude, completely done with Shinji's shit. Her expression doesn't change even when running her thumb through his eyeball.

Attached: file.png (596x305, 243K)

What board would Shinji browse? How would it affect him?

Attached: Decaf.jpg (335x378, 17K)

/cm/ so he can fap to shirtless kaworu pictures

Can't wait that based Anno confirm that Shinji is a gendo clone with an Adam soul on the last movie.

Attached: AD013.jpg (640x480, 48K)

Yet she caressed his face. Stop being delusional.

She caressed his face with a resting bitch face and then called him disgusting.

/r9k/ would be a guilty pleasure for him

Why did she caress his face?

that cake was baked using her breast milk

Hmmm, do you think it might be a reference to the exact same caress 2 minutes earlier? Just a thought!

Attached: file.png (360x270, 84K)

Who wouldn't be done with his shit by then. She can accept and understand him now but she deserves to be pissed after him choking her and using her as a libido tool instead of returning her affection when she has actual agency. She must have a heart of gold or still really care about him to actually consciously lie down next to him and caress him mid choke.

You dodged the question. Why did ASUKA caress his face? What's her intention?

That's dumb user. Why would Anno make Asuka caress his face lovingly, which is very OOC and would show character development, just to make a reference? It obviously is much more meaningful than that.

Why would Anno make Yui caress Shinji's face two minutes before that if it wasn't an obvious parallel? Are you a retard?
Shinji breaks down crying in the first place because he's remembering Yui's words to him.

Followed by a Shinji and Rei sex scene.

Anno being either a misogynist or a realist showing that the only way for a woman to survive next to a man is to bend her neck and appease. She should've kicked him in the balls. How's that for feeling real Shinji.

user. You're failing to grasp things here. It can both be a reference AND a meaningful interaction that Asuka has with Shinji that symbolizes growth, hope and love. Just because something is paralleled with another scene doesn't mean that scene has no meaning or purpose in of itself. Come on now.

Attached: 7ltfZ_c.png (654x1000, 449K)

To make him stop choking her. As Einstein said, it'a insanity is to repeat the same method and expect different results. Since he already killed her when she struggled, she tried a different approach.

You missed the point. Answer the question >misogynist

Go back

Triggered?

At what?

>love
You wish.

Do you like fanservice? If so then read it.

Attached: 1546653861205.jpg (1024x1449, 912K)

That is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Old Asuka would have struggled and pushed him off. She could have done that. Instead she chose to show acceptance. I think some people herd are taking this scene to literally.

Asuka caressing and accepting Shinji, whom is himself a mirror into the real Asuka's soul and desires, shows that she has finally obtained the capability to accept herself.

Nice argument brainlet

>mfw all the smut I recorded is now being broadcast across Japan

Attached: 1291096080669.jpg (994x768, 283K)

Where is the love brainlet? An exhausted woman pleading a dude to stop choking her to death? So much love and hope.

Acceptance of what? Choking as their new element of foreplay?

As in undetstanding, accrptance, forgiveness. Hope. Love. It doesnt mean they become a fucking couple who arr now going to breed like rabbits or that they both have completely overcome their past.

I couldn't imagine being so stupid to miss the thematic purpose of the final scene this hard. You deserve pity.

the “asuka abused shinji” refrain needs to die

when people say “asuka abused shinji”, i want to ask: what behavior are you referring to when you use a loaded term for a traumatized 13 year old girl’s dynamics with a boy who would eventually attempt to kill her twice? is it because asuka is louder, more abrasive, and more unapologetically bitter than the seemingly meek, soft-willed shinji? is that abuse? the fact that asuka calls shinji stupid? is that abuse?

the fact that asuka doesn’t screen her righteous anger through a filter of kindness when she calls shinji out? is that abuse? or is it asuka, physically pushing shinji away from her after he invades her space and demands that she be nice to him? is that abuse?

when shinji sexually assaulted asuka at her lowest point? did asuka abuse shinji? when shinji tried to kill asuka for not shutting up as she yells at him for objectifying her? when shinji tried to kill asuka again, after figuring out that he’ll be stuck with her for an indefinite period of time? did asuka abuse shinji with her response - a gentle stroke of the cheek, that frankly, shinji did not deserve?

Attached: 1440549799243.jpg (1024x768, 144K)

the best thing about evangelion is that every single character is initially introduced as having a “superficial self” that is the inverse of their “true selves”. shinji ikari, for all his pain and suffering and trauma, is introduced as the meek nonviolent boy inclined to retreat from any and all contact. up until anno rips the rug from underneath us – shinji ikari, quickly jumping on the chance to hurt asuka when it finally dawns on him that she’ll never be who he wants her to be. asuka is introduced as the violent and self-absorbed girl – a stark contrast to shinji – until that, too, crumbles. cue the last scene in end of evangelion: shinji’s trying to kill asuka – shinji’s literally manifesting every stereotype typically attributed to asuka, here – and what does asuka do? she responds with clemency and mercy and grace. she caresses his face. the real shinji (all bite, no bark) vs the real asuka (all bark, no bite).

asuka and shinji’s dynamic is destructive and ugly and unhealthy, but the cards were never stacked in asuka’s favor.

why are eva threads so shitty and why do people in them fall for the same old shitposts again and again

It got two of them IIRC, Angelic days and the one where angels are human-like and gendo's from a different world. I guess given that eva's so popular it makes sense that there would be at least some girl fans of it, though I don't know why they would focus on shinji as a love interest, since AFAIK he really isn't popular with most people, particularly japs.

It really is a shame that despite how loose gainax was with the license for a while, we never got any really high quality spin offs. You think given the popularity of Eva at least somebody of note would have taken a crack at it, be it in manga, vidya, light novels or something else

Lmao. She verbally abuses Shinji when she knows how meek he is and physically attacks him multiple times. Of course she also shows compassion for him a lot of times, but if you deny she acts like a bitch to him a lot for no good reason you are delusional. Of course it makes more sense why she does when we learn more about her but it doesn't mean what she did was right. Just because Shinji did what he did to her in EoE doesn't retroactively excuse everything she does to Shinji. I'm an Asukafag too.

That's just a string of words that doesn't mean anything and is obviously just you injecting your own interpretation into an ambiguous scene. Try being less of an arrogant cunt. There is no hint of love in that last scene, Asuka is hardly a part of Shinji's mindfuck within instrumentality and the only scene they share is her showing her disgust at what she saw there. If anything, Asuka should be irreversibly repulsed by how much of a shitbag Shinji turned out to be. You have my pity you delusional fuck.

>Or they can just find another person who actually makes them happy to be with.
People like to through this notion around, and if it were real life that would be an option sure, but given EoE, it really isn't.
Sure, it's theoretically possible for others to come back but that doesn't mean they will, or that they will anytime soon or that those who come back will be any better options for them. unless you're suggesting shinji and asuka risk letting mankind die off, that really isn't much of an option for them

Yui and Anno himself already confirmed humans will come back.

>Asuka is hardly a part of Shinji's mindfuck

Oh I see you're baiting. She is prominent in all 4 scenes in his mindfuck and the focus in 3 out of the 4.

Guess that the EVAfags are lucky of having a temporary ride in Universal Japan about the Children having a scrap against Shin Godzilla.

No. They CAN come back. It doesn't mean they will. And even if they do, it's possible they won't within their life spans. They may even materialize on a completely different continent. Nothing is guaranteed.

Asukafags are obsessed with shoving asuka into het ships that sanitize and make her complacent, especially with the boy MC who has tremendous power over her, the boy MC who has tried to kill her twice, the boy MC who barged into her hospital room, saw her emaciated and comatose, and demanded that she help him, the boy MC who deliberately locked her hospital room door before masturbating to her body.

Asukafags are obsessed with the ‘de-bitchfiying narrative’ through which asuka, The Red She-Devil, is knocked down a few pegs. if you’ve ever read evageeks or other asushin-dominated spaces it becomes evidently clear that asushin is their obsession with asuka fulfilling the perfect waifu role, with shinji

they conveniently neglect the fact that shinji was pervasively objectifying+sexualizing asuka (and rei! and misato!) throughout the entire show. did you forget wall of jericho, where shinji lingers at asuka’s breasts before responding? or when asuka falls in his bed and shinji ogles at her breasts before attempting to kiss her in her sleep? (but asuka forced him into that uncomfortable situation, uwu!!) or when EOE revealed how shinji is deeply repulsed by overt displays of sexuality on part of asuka+misato but secretly gets off to them, because shinji cannot comprehend the fact that women can be more than a mother, a madonna, or a whore? when shinji yells at asuka, misato, and rei (yes! even rei!) for not attending to his needs while his subconscious projects smiling, placated, and most importantly naked images of asuka, misato, and rei gazing at him fondly in the foreground?

Attached: beds.png (1567x1176, 2.12M)

Also

>that's just a string of words that don't mean anything
Maybe if you actually watched the show and understood the middle school tier themes and motiffs it would make more sense to you. Kaworu and Rei LITERALLY say that is what they represent.

‘men/boys who are uncomfortable w/ female sexuality whilst simultaneously objectifying them for it’ is a classic misogynist cocktail - i.e the boy frustrated at patriarchy who copes by retaliating against women - this theme resurrects itself in evangelion (and other works) over and over and over again

but is this all just… not mentioned because it ruins the idea of smol birb infantilized fandom shinji that everyone has in their heads? because it attacks the dominating narrative that vilifies asuka, the very same narrative that paints her as an abuser and/or “equally complacent in the asuka-shinji abuse”, the narrative that claims asuka levies power over shinji and not the other way around?

shinji and kaworu can sit, bathe, and sleep together sans gross sexual objectification from either side – shinji loves kaworu. kaworu is the only character in the show shinji loved and respected. like that’s the whole point. shinji, like all boys under patriarchy, objectifies girls/women as a desperate vie for control. shinji does not feel the need to exercise power over kaworu because they are equally matched being both boys.

Specifically, it is important that Shinji takes to Kaworu immediately and how Kaworu’s Position as being a boy affects the way Shinji receives him.

Shinji’s sexual assault on Asuka in EOE is 100% motivated by Asuka being a girl and Shinji being a boy, and is about power and overpowering someone who is more vulnerable than you. & When you truly, truly look at who Shinji has the power to hurt the most, it all leads to Asuka. He objectifies Asuka, he sexually abuses Asuka in the hospital room, he strangles Asuka twice. The way that Asuka protects herself verbally as a defense mechanism is contrasted with the extremely violent ways that Shinji seeks power over her.

Attached: chinvangelion.png (2338x628, 1.62M)

No they didn't, they said that that they can, not that they will. Which is why it's a risk to wait for others to come back, because it's entirely possible everyone else will decide tang is better.
If they weren't able to come back then it wouldn't be a risk, it'd straight up be their duty to repopulate.

These events do relate to Kaworu, too, because who immediately resolves to forgive Shinji and encourage Shinji to forgive himself for whatever sins he may have committed? The thing with that is that it’s not exactly Kaworu’s place to do that, but Asuka’s.

tired of these infantilizing metas that implicitly suggest shinji’s assaults on asuka are not shinji’s fault, but asuka’s, metas that obscure and shove context neatly under the rug. shinji is an incredibly complex character; stop doing him dirty like this.

Attached: 0399.jpg (630x384, 37K)

What a retarded post, damn. Mankind will die off either way with just a single pair of people. If you seriously think Shinji and Asuka are going to repopulate Earth and that that was the intention behind leaving them on the beach then you're an idiot.

They 100% will come back. Yui says this and so does Anno:
>In Anno´s talkshow session at Revival of Evangelion´s showing at the Japan international film festival he told a lot of interesting things, without going into details:
>>He also said that originally, before Death and Rebirth was split into two movies, a sequel to the story of 25-26 was planned, It was somewhat similar to Shingeki no kyojin: the last remains of mankind were at a place guarded by the strongest A.T Field in the world, and if they came out, there would be Angels that would eat them. The Evas didnt use Entry plugs, the pilot were going to be connected to the Evas by the belly, and mankind had to get out of the fortress to survive.

Plus repopulating with one other person would just make disgusting incest babies and humanity would die off regardless, so what the fuck would be the point of that.

Attached: Untitled.png (845x785, 250K)

They literally have a slide show how their return would look as a background to Shinji and Rei/Kaworu's conversation.

Holy cringe.
>a teenage boy going through puberty staring at a cute girls breast who he is attracted to is objectifying and sexualizing her

That's what guys do, especially hormonal teenagers. Staring at breasts is normal. You're not abusing or hurting anybody by doing so. It's a normal biological reaction. I'm not reading the rest of this shitty bait because you have to be a delusional tranny to honestly think this way.

Imagine young fuyutsuki being the kaworu to young gendo's shinji

>muh themes
It is you who doesn't understand those themes, brainlet-chan.

The MPs would keep reactivating and covering eachother until Shinji's worked up enough to awaken EVA-01, like they're waiting for. Shinji doesn't win that fight unless he has better equipment to overwhelm them without using his S2, or backup like Jet Alone 2 or EVA-04, or he's in better/worse mental condition and takes over Longinus to use against them like the N64 game.

Attached: 1537992402043.jpg (1920x1080, 250K)

Asukafags don't understand Eva, more news at 11

Attached: returning.jpg (1920x1080, 199K)

Looks more like a thousand yard stare to me, like she saw some shit in instrumentality

Attached: gl4905.jpg (736x522, 58K)

A scrapped idea for a sequel is now canon? Please.

To say that people are guaranteed to come back in asuka and shinji's lifetime is delusional. It could go either way. This is pure fanwank.

Yeah I'm sure Anno just threw in these scenes that explicitly show people coming back for shits and giggles.

Attached: anyone.jpg (1080x1215, 1.07M)

>muh teenage hormones
Shinji is a multiple sexual offender, deal with it, rape apologist.

>Mankind will die off either way with just a single pair of people. If you seriously think Shinji and Asuka are going to repopulate Earth
Wrong. It's entirely possible, though certainly not anywhere close to ideal from a genetics standpoint. It wouldn't
> and that that was the intention behind leaving them on the beach then you're an idiot.
Who the hell said anything about that being the intention? Of course that's not the intention, from either an in universe PoV or an artistic one, but that doesn't mean one can't make that abstraction. What would you assert they should do, just fuck off because of some past issues and risk mankind dying?

>the guy who says Asuka doesn't play an important part in Shinji's mindfuck calling anybody else a brainlet

It's okay user. You can still find a job at a liquor store or McDonald's with an IQ that low

Staring at a girl's breasts is fucking creepy and disgusting, no matter who you are you dumb incel.

>shitposting in an evangelion thread

Pathetic

That scene doesn't show anyone coming back though, and we're only shown asuka and shinji coming back in the actual movie.
Anyone else coming back is pure non-canon speculation

Are you blind or just shitposting at this point? Yui says herself people will come back, suggesting otherwise is non-canon speculation:

That picture does not, by any account, show leople explicitly coming back. Your post supports my own actually. Is English your second language? Can =/= Will. Are you okay ESL kun?

Guess it's impossible to beat the mp evas unless you have the spear of longinus or are equipped with f type equipment

>het ships
not reading the rest you homo faggot

>femcel shitposter is back
I should stop giving you guys free (You)'s

>Yui says herself people will come back
No you utter retard, fucking read. She does not say will, she says can. Those are not the same thing at all.
Will means that it is guaranteed to happen, can means it is possible. There is a world of difference between those two things.
Are you ESL or something?

t. Tranny who has never went through puberty or has never been sexually and socially active

Pathetic

Attached: 1562026306861.jpg (230x272, 44K)

>het ships
Fuck off faggot/fujo

I'm pretty sure the people we are replying too are genuinely shitposting and trolling. It's probably best to just stop giving them Yous.
I refuse to believe people can be this retarded

Asuka obviously has a thing for shinji. Just take a look at this scene. Asuka is shoving her tits on his face and its blocking out Rei. She obviously feels jealousy when Shinji gives Rei attention.

Attached: M26_C240_flaunting-it.jpg (800x457, 74K)

The fact that Anno has her say it in the first place is testament that it will happen.
Having no one ever come back would be retarded and make nothing Shinji just learned in instrumentality matter because he wanted to be with others again.

You're a complete retard to argue otherwise.

It's sad that Asuka has to use her body because Shinji won't pay attention to her otherwise.
This is why he let her die by the mass production evas and didn't even care.

Nobody cares about mankind because mankind is already dead. Also Yui is already fulfilling the role of preserving the memory of it. Your take is hands down the most retarded and juvenile in this thread.

Only shipperfags and literal homos don't get this, or more specifically, perform mental gymnastics to refute it because it doesn't fit their ship.

Sounds a lot like what they're already doing in Rebuild. Only the fortress is a flying ship. Though it's possible we might see another ground-based fortress like the Euro NERV HQ in 4.0

Threadly reminder Asuka is best girl and Kaworu is best boy.

youtube.com/watch?v=dKn-lk27QaI

Attached: character rankings.png (686x836, 429K)

but it's objectifying if shinji looks in front of him!!!!!!!!

Attached: thermal expansion.jpg (480x360, 30K)

The point is we don't know who, where, and most importantly WHEN they will come back. For all we know Shinji and Asuka could have multiple generations of offspring pass before the first other person arrives. Or maybe somebody will materialize in the remains of fucking Madagascar. You're way of thinking is so two dimensional and child like it's embarrassing.

youtube.com/watch?v=7TEpuD6g3Qo
It's kinda sad that the best eva games are not even evangelion games but mecha crossover ones

So you seriously think that Shinji and Asuka should fuck their own children to repopulate the earth with demented incest babies.
You seriously think this is what Anno was going for in the final scene despite the movie telling you otherwise.

Holy shit.

WHAT THE FUCK DUDE THAT'S SEXUAL HARASSMENT NOT COOL MAN

Attached: 1563591478307.webm (960x720, 1.74M)

>this is the quality of aguments on asuka/shinji posts

It's just this one Asukafag who has a mental breakdown and starts spamming when people prove him wrong.

Attached: 214087.png (212x241, 85K)

No you stupid ESL fuckhead. The point is NOBODY knows for sure what will happen. That is one possibility. People materializing a few seconds after the credits roll is another. I'm not saying any one is more likely than the other because there is no way to know.

We're given more than enough proof that people will come back, or else everything said in EoE and Shinji's own conclusions would make no fucking sense.

>Nobody cares about mankind because mankind is already dead.
Except for, you know, asuka and shinji. And lets not forget it is still possible for others to come back, even if we don't know whether or not they will. either way, by very definition mankind is not dead. Close, sure, but not there.
If you want to make some sort of Antinatalism argument that's one thing, but to base your argument of objectively false premises is retarded.
It also runs contrary to the actual artistic intention of telling people they need to connect with others even if it risks you getting hurt, since you can't connect with others if there are no others to connect with.

Mankind is the last thing Asuka and Shinji care about. Maybe Shinji a little bit. Though not to a point to fuck his own children because he wants to connect with others kek.

Huh? This is a good thread. As a lurker, people are making pretty decent arguments on both sides.

Except for, you know, Asuka already being there. Even if nobody comes back he still has a chance to connect with Asuka. Either way there are AT least two people whom can attempt to understand and connect with each other, so all of the themes are relevant no matter which way it's spun.

Shinji literally left the LCL because he cared about humanity and wanted to see all his friends again.

And Asuka coming back already confirms others will come back, so you're proving my argument.

Why are you putting so much emphasis on fucking and repopulating earth when that's not at all relevant to what EoE was trying to get at. You're completely choosing to selectively ignore the actual relevant points about the themes of the shows made by the user you're replying too to instead talk about irrelevant bullshit like incest babies.

You're a mental midget

Attached: 1462679889333.jpg (1440x1080, 265K)

Asukafags are sexually repressed individuals who are too mentally braindead to argue about the show.

English is definitely not your first language, or you simply have elementary school tier intelligence. One person returning has no bearing on anybody else returning. It simply means they can. Not will. But can. Which is word for word what Yui said.

You continue to prove my point.

Attached: tenor.gif (220x213, 195K)

Would any anons here leave instrumentality if they could?

Because I'm arguing against a retarded "repopulate the planet" incest fag. Now fuck ff.

But I'm an Asukafag you nigger

>One person returning has no bearing on anybody else returning
????

No one sucks at English, you just suck at reading comprehension.

Nothing. Literally NOTHING is pointing to Asuka and Shinji living a happily ever after. EoE is ridiculously blatant about its themes and lessons. Everything Anno wants you to take away from it is pretty much spelled out for you verbatim. And NONE of that message contains anything on the topic of Asuka hooking up with Shinji or ever loving him. Shinji wants people back in general and Asuka is one of them, but is their relationship ever healed and wounds they gave each other mended? Hell no.

No you're not. You're misrepresenting his argument because you're an actual neanderthal who has never had his inverted penis touched.

Even if they're dumb, it's still nine wireless evangelions that don't die from their brains being smashed in.

Attached: 1535875803621.jpg (2360x1776, 1.38M)

Today I will remind them.

>2013 Saboten Con.
>YM = Yuko Miyamura (Asuka's seiyuu) TG = >Tiffany Grant (Asuka's English voice actor)

>Q: Does Asuka really like Shinji?
>TG: Are you stupid?
>YM: No.

>Q: What was your reaction when you heard about Rebuild?
>SS and TG: Getting paid.
>YM: A happy ending but it hasn’t happened yet. I wasn’t happy with the EoE ending. Shinji and Kaworu married.

>Q: Who do you feel Shinji should end up with?
>TG: I’d say Mari but I don’t like her.
>YM: Kaworu.

Nice reading comprehension. I never implied they were completely healed and going to fuck. In fact, if you had above gradeschool level reading comprehension, I implied the opposite. Me saying they now have the capability to show love and acceptance does not equal them hooking up and making out, but I can see how retards like you could misconstrue my argument since they've done it before

Kaji comes out of the lcl sea and fucks Asuka's brains out while Shinji watches.

I'll repeat. It shows that they can return. Not that they will return. If you can't recognize the difference between these two words you are mentally deficienct.

This will be your final (You)

>Mankind is the last thing Asuka and Shinji care about. Maybe Shinji a little bit.
Objectively false post-third impact in regards to shinji. He may not care about mankind as an abstract concept, but he does decide it is worth connecting with others, meaning he cares about mankind as actual physical people. If he didn't, he would have no desire to connect with them.
That's arguably the main message of EoE, which logically results in a Natalistic conclusion. If there is value in connecting with other humans, it logically follows there is value in other humans, even if it is merely in there ability as a means to that desired end. And if there is value in humans, there is value in the propagation of humans, which is per definition Natalism.
>Though not to a point to fuck his own children because he wants to connect with others kek.
Again, nobody is advocating for that. It's terrible on about every level, from moral to biological.
But it is absolutely retarded to claim that ANYTHING in NGE, be it the show, EoE or even the fucking rebuilds, supports a position of allowing mankind to die off.
The closest you even come is the fact that the notion of the hedgehog's dilemma comes from Schopenhauer, who was also an anti-natalist.

Hot

You don't need to be smart to read manga or LNs

>shinji, a human bean, is shown to be able to return
>asuka, a human bean, is shown to be able to return some time later
>this somehow doesn't prove humans are able to return because you're a butthurt retard

Also, is 100% right. Nobody mentioned incest before you did. That's a possible means to the desired end of re-population, but that does not mean it is the end in of itself. To conflate the two is at best stupidity, at worst outright intellectual dishonesty.

>>this somehow doesn't prove humans are able to return because you're a butthurt retard
Not him, but nobody ITT has claimed that they aren't able to return. You said they will, which is not the same thing as can/are.
Just so you understand, can is defined as "be able to." or "be permitted to.". Will is defined as "an auxiliary verb used to express simple futurity".
They aren't the same, at all

I've been saying they will come back this whole time, learn English.
We already see two human beings come back, this is enough evidence along with Yui's words and seeing humans arise on the surface during Kaworu/Rei's convo that humans will come back.

Attached: 7d87eccde7d225bcc9f5b4ea8deb1325.jpg (850x400, 36K)

>VA opinion matters

Congratulations on outing yourself as an ESL idiot. That's literally what user was saying the whole time. You've just demonstrated you can't distinguish the difference between two basic English words

See Stop projecting, calm down, and actually read my posts instead of samefagging.

I have to give you props user. You're an amazing shitposter, seriously.

You're a stupid faggot. The ability to return was mentioned for a reason and you're retarded if you think no one else out of billions could find the will to live when 2 of the most fucked individuals are shown as being able to.

>va's opinions mattering one bit
If it's not from the show or the mouth of anno, it doesn't matter.
And no, the fact that anno sometimes relied on VA's to make some choices like what asuka would say at the EoE does not change that

It clearly matters to you since it makes you butthurt every single time.

Attached: file.png (1100x734, 926K)

>TG acting in character
Cute. I love her.

You can chuck the notion of Shinji and Asuka fucking mankind into existence out the window so the only option you have left is mankind returning from LCL as a given.

Or, you know, mankind not returning in their lifetime? Maybe they will return after they die off. Maybe only a few people will return in the next few hundred years. To claim anything as fact besides that the possibility of others returning is a given is pure delusion.

Again, focusing on the means instead of the ends is intellectual dishonesty.
If you're just going to keep doing it then this discussion is pointless.

People are already coming back before Shinji even gets out of the LCL:

Whats wrong with it?

Where does my post imply any of that? And how are Asuka and Shinji's lifespans relevant to mankind's return? Are you strawmanning me now user?

(You)

This entire thread is an example of how retarded Asukafags are.
They will blatantly ignore text and visuals in the show and claim humans will never come out of the LCL despite that ruining the entire hopeful theme of the second half of the movie.

The means is heavily implied, not by me, but by asuka/shinji fuckers obviously present in this thread.

So you're conceding, I take it.
This scene from the movie proves you wrong.

Why are Asukafags so stupid.

Attached: file.png (1780x1080, 2.61M)

Literally not a single person in this thread has ever said that humans will NEVER come out of the LCL as a matter of fact. Stop being dishonest. You can't link a single post claiming that is what will objectively happen.

It's very, very shallow and narrow minded interpretation. It's like the only arguments asuka/shinji shippers ever use are grade school levels of reasoning, like using slapstick comedy as a serious argument without any deeper insight or analysis.

Nothing so far as there hasn't been a single counter argument that wasn't just fully composed of ad hominem.

You didn't really address it though. Why is it wrong? What's the right interpretation of this scene in your opinion?

see: Humans are already shown coming out.

Nah. Best boy is obviously Toji, the only boy who had a shot at making the girl into him actually happy. It's a shame Shinji took that away from him.

Nobody except you has mentioned anything about the means, and any """implications""" of them have come entirely from a false dichotomy you created of "either they fuck their own kids or they let mankind die", which even then still doesn't actually dispute the point of "given the message of EoE placing value in humans logically resulting in a Natalistic point of view, it is logical for asuka and shinji to work towards repopulation"

Toji was more interested in Misato and Rei than plain Jane Hikari.
He even fucked Asuka in the movie.

Attached: asuka fugs toji.jpg (1920x1080, 153K)

I am pretty sure whatever those people are floating in is not LCL. Also I am pretty that world would not be so flooded that fields are under water.

Jesus you really are ESL. That's not what I asked too link.

>either they fuck their own kids or they let mankind die",
Actually, the one who first said it was Which I immediately called retarded.

Would this have been better than the rebuilds?

Attached: ReiRunning.png (500x375, 264K)

This. Kaworu is shit.

Asuka is best girl.
Toji is best boy.
Misato is best woman.

Anno says Asuka is best girl and Kaworu is best boy.
Toji has nigger skin so he automatically can't be best boy.

Attached: 12476.jpg (400x400, 136K)

Toji was not so interested in Misato after she put him in a robot that cut his leg of. Instead he was more concerned about hurting Hikari's feelings by not eating her lunch. He obviously wanted to eat that lunch, which would obviously make her happy. Again, it's a shame Shinji only ever brings misery to people who care about him.

Look up the difference between to and too, ESL-kun.

He only had to acknowledge Hikari because she came to his hospital room.
The whole series he only showed interest in Misato or Rei, and then he had sex with Asuka in the movie.

Blow it out your ass

Attached: 1557047655523.png (429x509, 408K)

Nothing he said is wrong

Attached: 1522794668801.jpg (560x577, 35K)

Nothing in Mentions anything about them even fucking or having kids, let alone fucking their kids. That's 100% you putting words that aren't there

>Is this manga worth getting into?

Attached: 1533179288182 Code Geass.jpg (1305x627, 130K)

Why don't you stop hiding behind fancy verbiage and admit you want Asuka and Shinji to fuck, like the cancerous shipper you are. I'm sorry but the sole image of a single pair of people fucking like rabbits to "repopulate the planet" is comical and the only context in which I've ever seen it brought up is also comical. You are comical, user.

Are you retarded?
That post is about the fact that Shinji and Ssuka don't really have the option to find healthier partners given what's presented End of Eva, not about fucking their kids to save the planet.
Fuck, at least the other guy actually argued against something that the post actually claimed ("possible for others to come back but that doesn't mean they will, or that they will anytime soon") instead of outright making up shit that nobody ever said

Eva is gay and stupid and you're all dumb
Change my mind

Attached: 21408.jpg (670x500, 50K)

Is rebuild canon?

Duh

Its is a separate continuity. It is not canon NGE.

>any of that
>fancy verbiage
Sorry not everyone else is at a freshman year of high school understanding of logic or philosophy

Yes, and he immediately realized she cares about him and was touched by it. That's the most typical meet cute if I've ever seen one. Misato doesn't feature in that definite scene because she's a closed chapter.
>and then he had sex with Asuka in the movie.
Nope, it's a deleted scene, from an AU where the characters act as OOC as they get. And the relationship is loveless and doomed to break. Obviously because Toji's destined cutie is and forever will be Hikari, the only sane woman matching the only sane man.

>baby's first philosophy course
Not everyone but you certainly are.

Oh, I heard it was a sequel

I don't buy this; it's clear from the introduction of Asuka that their relationship is set to be mutually abrasive. If you want to assign normative presciptions for whether the relationship should be pursued or continued from this go ahead, but it's simply not the case that Shinji and Asuka can be understood as a simple abused/abuser dichotomy. In a way it's a lot more similar to "abusive" relationships of lower-class couples than the simple patriarchal power struggle you're describing (from personal experience I see more of my lower-class black parents in Shinji and Asuka than anything else).

The assumption that abuse/objectification stems from a patriarchal desire to control isn't something that is really substantiated either, as criticisms of the Duluth Model will tell you.

>no u

Attached: 1563274961010.png (207x291, 49K)

Your first mistake was taking anything it said seriously after he mentioned the word 'hetships' in the first few words.

>they conveniently neglect the fact that shinji was pervasively objectifying+sexualizing asuka (and rei! and misato!) throughout the entire show. did you forget wall of jericho, where shinji lingers at asuka’s breasts before responding? or when asuka falls in his bed and shinji ogles at her breasts before attempting to kiss her in her sleep?

Is my favorite part to laugh at

>Nope, it's a deleted scene
But Anno decided to include it on all home releases of the movie.

Oh yeah so I guess bloopers are canon since they are included in DVD releases of certain movies and TV shows

Attached: 1565630005370.png (225x225, 63K)

>fujoshit
opinion disregarded.

nice argument and falseflag homofag

Attached: youhomo.png (306x285, 126K)

Then don't post crops of gayshit if you don't want to be called a fujoshit

>smug shinji
>gayshit

user... I ....

Attached: 1518230481743.jpg (1440x1080, 243K)

Shut the fuck up, we all know where the image comes from because you spam it all the time you homo fujoshit.

Attached: 13.jpg (768x1024, 132K)

>falseflagging this hard
You're pretty good, not gonna lie. Almost had me

Attached: smugasuka.jpg (719x720, 191K)

>Tried to play this
>Went through like four or five cycles
>Can never get into the comedy route
>Always end either with Tang Ending or Humanity is Saved and Gendou Leaves Forever Ending.

Is this the PSP game? I tried playing this too. It's short and boring as fuck.

>post gayshit
>gets called out
>tries to backpedal
Christ.

I only played it to get all the Kaworu endings which was surprisingly pretty easy since he's the default route for some reason.

Attached: SIRP_3059.png (1151x862, 920K)

its from rebuild 2.0

Misato is my waifu
>But she's used goods!
I really don't care.
The fact that she's only been with one person is kind of desirable in my opinion, since it it dispenses with all of the immaturity and unrealistic expectations when it comes to relationships, without going overboard into "loose" territory.

Attached: 1498967032816.jpg (3150x4160, 1.98M)

Based Misato CHAD. For me, she's just a baby step below best girl Asuka but you still have glorious taste. People that call Misato used goods are either homos or salty wizards who never had their dick touched.

Attached: 1449025930683.jpg (600x599, 204K)

This desu used goods best goods

>telling the truth is being a homo wizard

Attached: What.jpg (400x384, 13K)

Misato and Asuka fighting each other for Kaji's dick

Attached: well shit.jpg (1280x800, 215K)

>28 y/o women has sex with 1 man her entire life
>used goods and so not desirable

With a mindset like that it explains why so many people here have trouble with women.

Kaji is based though so she's really not used. It's like a toothbrush, if someone cool like kaji used my toothbrush, it's whatever. At least it's not some AIDS ridden nigger.

Being honest and calling her used goods doesn't mean a person still cant find them desirable user

This too. Kaji is a legit good guy who'd I'd approve of if my daughter brought him home

Pathos route is actually hard to stay on because you get there just by raising Shinji's mood and keeping his stress down, and from there Shinji either two-shots Zeruel and you go to Campus, or you let Zeruel beat on him until he berserks and go back to Thanatos route and never get out again. And the way the game is coded you only get the event screens in the gallery appropriate to the route you ended on.

>used good is not used as long as someone i liked used it
?

>In order to make the Eva stronger, you need to train at Nerv
>But if you train at Nerv too much, it railroads you into Thanatos
>But if you don't train at Nerv, you'll never be strong enough to destroy Zeruel in two hits

What the FUCK.

ASSuka

Attached: 1561722908202.png (960x1143, 1.16M)

text says soryu (my wife) but image is clearly SHITkinami

Getting his Synchronization too much higher than other stats makes him berserk when he's hit once, raising Fitness and Morality improves his damage, and Sexuality increasing too fast slows other gains to a crawl until something, somewhere goes up a point and then he's fine for the rest of the game. I don't even fucking know, Shinji's numbers interact like strands in a cobweb.

>shikinami
>shit

She is nowhere near as good as Soryu but she is still a good asuka and better than all other girls, maybe equal to Misato

Attached: annoyed_and_pissed_asuka.png (482x464, 306K)

>He even fucked Asuka in the movie.
That's from a deleted segment, so no

>seriously replying to bait

About 80% of this thread wouldn't have existed if people followed that one simple rule

Attached: not_interested.jpg (222x460, 42K)

Shikinami isn't even a character

A segment that Anno still put on the dvd and bluray, so he obviously wanted people to see Asuka fuck Toji.

I fucked it up, you have Rei and Asuka with you to fight Zeruel in Pathos. I'm thinking of when I made Shinji maul Unit 03 so I could beat Zeruel and stay out of Campus, but it turned out you don't actually have to save Toji to go to Campus and you can get there direct from Thanatos. And I kept getting Mana endings just from practicing for the choir event, fuck this game.

Attached: 1541395483558.jpg (1024x768, 96K)

Am I the only one who genuinely likes shinji? At first I didn't like him but the dude suffers so much and has such a shit life. He is like all those sad heroes in manga but is more realistic. He does bad things too, like masterbating in front of Asuka at the hospital but I think mostly everything he's done comes from his own self hatred. Would anyone think Guts deserves what he got because he assaulted casca? They why does shinji?

I like shinji. I'm convinced only normalfags and women don't.

Guts never assaulted casca

Same. I don't see how people hate him because he's so easy to empathize with. I see bits of my old self in him and it reminds me of how far I've come. I just wanna take the kid under my wing and help him out and grow as a person.

Most people can see bits of Shinji in their past or present selves and that makes it easy to relate and understand how and why he does things.
My hot opinion is only women and losers who can't stand to look in a mirror despise him.

Attached: 1550440491921.jpg (750x742, 456K)

He did though
He even bits her tits while she is crying

Reifag threads are filled with intellectual discussion
Asukafag threads are filled with shitposting

Really makes one think

Didn't Asuka actually stop a couple? I figured they were like zombies in a sense that you can't conventionally kill them, but rather you render their body inert by slicing off limbs and such.

She appeared to take them all out one at a time, she thought she was done when she was punching through one to crush another's core. All nine got up again, even the one she cleaved almost shoulder to hip and the one she split at the waist.

Attached: 1554368810042.gif (1510x1294, 282K)

Wait, >again?
so Asuka fuck often with toji, wow.

Hetfag ships are gross desu,
the only good het ship is reishin.

Attached: large__2_-1235_tumblr-8168.jpg (521x521, 75K)

kys fujo

Not even a fujo but honestly, Kaworu/Shinji is the best for Shinji. Him and Asuka just bring each other down and Rei is just his mom.

Neck yourself, hetfag

Attached: 7efuihe2y5zrt6a3ydogsdfg62y3p6tx_hq.jpg (700x525, 31K)

Nah, I like him as well, and find a number of people do.
The issue is that to appreciate his characther and struggle, you really have to be able to identify with his loneliness and inability to connect with others, which is why many normalfags don't like him.
Then you have the fact that a lot of people watch anime for escapism/wish fulfillment, which shinji certainly doesn't represent and is ultimately used to speak out against those things, so that also gets a lot of people to dislike him.

>qmisato
She thinks Shinji almost kissing Asuka in bed is literally rape but thought Kaji forcing himself on Misato (her self-insert) is hot. Also that Shinji is gay for Kaworu because he's too misogynist to show love to a woman.

Guts and Shinji are the same person, Akira Fudo on a different Devilman timeloop. Berserk mode anyone? Also teen Guts look like Shinji after going to the gym

Attached: teen guts.gif (500x375, 403K)

It's desperate and cringe

>She thinks Shinji almost kissing Asuka in bed is literally rape but thought Kaji forcing himself on Misato (her self-insert) is hot.
Remember, it's okay as long as you're Chad

I had to check myself because I agreed with one point in there between the lies about the content of videogames and their credibility, the bag lady rambles about symbolic gender, the contextless analysis of random screenshots, but I do still think Shinji's aggression was more dangerous than Asuka's. Or at least I can't think of a scenario I would believe in which Asuka willfully attacks Nerv.

Asuka's aggression towards Shinji is definitely less dangerous than what Shinji did to her in EoE, but somehow to these people all of the bad things Asuka did to Shinji are retroactively excused because Shinji choked her after he was pushed to his absolute limit in the final arc of the show

Wasn't it obvious it's a bait post from a mentally ill tumblr tranny? The very first sentence gives it away.

It's copied from a big eva tumblr account.

Tumblr is for trannies, fangirls and male feminists

It's just the current meme culture. Goku is a bad dad, Shinji is a whiny faggot etc. pp.

Shinji has been called a whiny faggot since the internet became a thing, which coincide with Eva receiving its first international release via VHS tapes. I like Shinji but that's how things are.

It got severely amplified through the internet and e-celeb opinion mouth pieces though.

Attached: 106133.jpg (970x868, 556K)

>cartoon author is a woman
normalfags and women will always hate him, let them

Is that why Asuka is so popular there?

No, the authors are 2 guys.

So I was right with my description of the author

>normalfags or women

So he's correct

I mean Kaworu/Shinji is the only shinji ship that’s canon and Anno consistently panders to it, so..

>the comic's character is a woman
they must be trannies then, who also hate shinji

Everyone hates Shinji, especially you

That's one thing I hate about parts of her fanbase. Seeing people try to alter her character so they can project their mentally ill diagnosed self onto her on tumblr and doing mental gymnastics to explain her interactions with the cast genuinely angers me as an Asukafag.

Every single tumblr projector also massively hates Shinji and projects that into every detail or analysis of the show too.

Attached: 1533350445813.png (640x480, 360K)

Female Evafans understand Asuka more than you ever would, she was literally created for them.

dial 8

Excellent argument.

Women can't understand things silly user, Asuka was created by a Japanese man, not a western hole

Keep projecting your mental illness femcel kun.

God I hate that comic and the one where she just keeps saying shinji needs to fuck someone. How the hell can you miss the point and characterizations that fucking hard. And why the hell is Asuka drawn with out her hair clips?
Though there is something very humorous about a comic missing the point of eva being published by the Escapist

Eva’s message is literally about trying to understand others, if that’s your opinion on women then you’re a deranged lonely loser who will never understand Eva and what Anno was trying to tell you.
He made Misato and Asuka realistic female characters from reading women novels, not from watching haremshit anime.

Keep seething that Anno created Misato/Asuka/Ritsuko to attract a female audience

I really hope you didn’t watch Eva because of the message and how “deep” it is guy. It’s really nothing special compared to modern anime these days. Realistically claiming to like Eva because the suffering girls are cute is a better reason to like the anime than the lore and meaning behind Evangelion because there’s almost none. It’s all for show and Anno even said so himself.

I mostly like it because of nostalgia. I wasn’t able to rewatch it but the memory of the show is what’s good for me.

Fuck off you retarded femcel. Nobody said that females can't understand Asuka, or that males understand her better. He referred to the tumblr fanbase portion in particular, who most definitely do not understand her.

Go fuck off back to there and post another 1000 word essay about how guys don't get asuka but you do because she's "literally you" or some shit why don't you?

It really doesn’t matter. Nobody new watches this anime. Everybody in these threads gets the point of the anime and especially the characters because we watched it a long long time ago. Also it helps when the characters in Eva shout all their emotions out load vocally to the audience throughout the series essentially leaving nothing to the imagination, nothing to understand. It’s all laid right out in front of the audience as the characters hold your hand and tell you out loud at every moment exactly how they feel.

Eva isn’t as good as I remember it being.

Imagine getting this mad that millions of tumblr girls identify with Asuka.
That says something more about Asuka as a character than them.

The true answer is Kaworu/Asuka.
Anno agrees, don't bother him about it.

Attached: 53863285_p19.jpg (500x450, 196K)

Not really but it ended that way. Anno wanted to make good characters first and back then pandering wasn't as restrictive as it is now. Still Eva was conceived for boys and otakus, regardless Japanese women could relate to the female characters

That's fair. Kaworu is the one I can relate to the strongest as a character anyway.

>Still Eva was conceived for boys and otakus
Not necessarily. Anno said himself he wanted Eva to be "Sailor Moon with Robots"
He specifically named Rei after Sailor Mars, had Misato voiced by Usagi's VA with the same hairstyle and had Shinji voiced by Sailor Uranus all because he was a huge Sailor Moon fan.

>say retarded shit
>get called a retard
>hurr durr you so mad hurr durr

Attached: how about coming up with an actual arguement instead.jpg (685x800, 56K)

Wasn't that because he had/has a crush on Ikuhara? Also Sailor Moon was so huge among male otakus that it originated the moe slang (Hotaru Tomoe)

Both Anno and Ikuhara loved Sailor Moon before Ikuhara went on to become its director for later seasons, they bonded over it.
Sailor Moon would become popular among male otakus as well (Anno and Ikuhara being otakus themselves) but it doesn't change the fact that it was a very Shoujo/Female-oriented show.

Back then a conventional robot show aimed for boys/otaku would have a cast of mostly male characters, Anno however was more interested in making realistic female characters and having them dominate the cast in his shows (Gunbuster and Eva), he even wanted Shinji to be a girl too - this was unheard of if you wanted to attract boys.

The funny part is despite literally screaming their intentions people, see tumblr self inserters, still do mental gymnastics to alter the perceived motives of some characters

Absolutely shit tier reading comprehension. I can see what site you're visiting from.

>relate to an idealistic god with no understanding of human societal norms

user? Is there something you're not telling us?

Female Eva fans are far more accurate in understanding and describing Asuka's character than lonely /r9k/tards like you who try to make her out to be a shallow onahole with no depth who solely revolves around your self-insert.
You hate the idea of a female character having agency outside of your self-insert, that's why you get so mad when Asuka rejects Shinji multiple times in the show and movie. It hits home to you because you have also been rejected by women.
This is also why you get so mad at people hating Shinji, like women. It makes you feel like women and normalfags personally hate you for being an ugly loser.

>he isn't an eldritch abomination god stuck inside the body of a cute 15 year old boy

Attached: 05478.png (287x326, 133K)

ESL kun is back. Except now instead of conflating can and will, it is conflating calling it out for acting like a retard with genuine anger.

You must be a fag then

post dick or gtfo roastie

>Asukafags claim that Asuka is a realistic female character
>Asukafags have a raging hatred towards real women
>Asukafags get mad when you point out many real women relate and identify with Asuka

This might be bait but there's some truth

SEETHING mentally ill tranny. Maybe one day when you try to watch the show without bias you can stop projecting your mental illness onto the characters.

It's not about normal women relating to asuka it's about tumblr trannies "relating" to asuka

Nobody has ever implied a hatred towards real women. We're talking about the tumblr trannie audience such as
Two very different groups.

To this Asukafag it's the same thing, he keeps bringing up normalfags and women up in every post.
For a show about understanding others and human relationships, he sure doesn't put any effort into understanding others. He's exactly like Shinji in this way.

>"asuka is literally me" femcel is back

Attached: come along and say something rude.png (313x260, 41K)

You know this post is the truth when people can only respond in anger and rage

Every teenage girl pretty much acts exactly like Asuka, why are you so surprised by this?

Have you ever gone to public school user? Even in her own show she doesn't act like any other girl her own age and they all hate her.
Either bait or retard

It was here all last night too. It's been here for years.

Yes? I said I could relate to him the strongest, that includes loving dicks.

>she doesn't act like any other girl her own age and they all hate her
Nigga yes she does The fact that the girls talk shit about her behind her back is even more realistic, girls can be jealous bitches at that age.

Attached: two-face.jpg (720x540, 85K)

He said he relates to Kaworu, not Shinji.

Everything about Asuka can be found in your average teenage girl disregarding the edgy Naruto-tier backstory. But even that can be replaced with something else and you'll see girls cope in the exact same way Asuka does.

>every teenage girl constantly tries to show they're superior to others due to trauma caused from their mother replacing them with a doll then killing themselves, are child prodigies, use anger and stubbornness to hide their true feelings and insecurities, and have mental breakdowns if people surpass them

Attached: You know damn well why I came here.png (600x600, 370K)

Most teenage girls don't create fake personas as a way to cope with the replacement and death of their mother while also pining their entire self worth on being a mecha pilot and refusing to ever rely on other people for care or help.

She is absolutely relatable, just not normal. I agree with , he said it better than I could have

>use anger and stubbornness to hide their true feelings and insecurities, and have mental breakdowns if people surpass them
This is teenage girls in a nutshell.

The virginity emanating from this post is unbelievable

Sure, but it's not all that's not all Asuka is as a character.
There's a vast difference between "has major character and personality traits shared with most all teenage girls" and "all teenage girls are exactly like her"

That's before eoe. Now Asuka and Shinji can change and will probably have a long time to get to know each other

If it's not shown on screen it's not canon, sweetie.

It's a small subset of teenage girls you idiot. Not all of them hide their true feelings through stubbornness or even give a shit enough to have a mental breakdown because somebody surpassed them at some arbitrary activity.

I'm convinced you never attended public school as a child and actually interacted with females.

Its speculation but the fact she chose to sleep next to him and touched her face is canon.

>I'm convinced you never attended public school as a child and actually interacted with females.
This, Asukafags don't know anything about women.

I am an Asukafag you dumb homo

>Asukafags fighting with other Asukafags
That just makes it even more hilarious.

Imagine missing the point this hard

Attached: 2f0.jpg (560x577, 226K)

What kind of faggot are you then, if I may ask?

I need to defend my waifu from the retarded femcel tumblrites who project themselves onto her

You can't use a previous draft where she's moving around on her own to mean that she was able to move in the final scene. She calls him disgusting and then the movie ends, any speculation towards what happens after will never be answered and therefore will never be canon.
Contrast this with Anno showing Kaworu/Shinji on screen, and then giving them a whole movie 20 years later in Rebuild. Asuka/Shinji will never get this.

>I need to defend my warped interpretation of Asuka from females who actually understand her
Lol. Asuka isn't your waifu, she'd be disgusted by you if she was real.

It's pretty much every other asukafag vs this one tranny

Why do you feel the need to? She's my wife too but I just think all those femcels are retarded and pretend they don't exist. How perfect Asuka is isn't diminished because some retards associate themselves with her. Yes, I see the irony in that sentence but shut up.

For the best girl, obviously.

Attached: NPC.jpg (1080x4000, 636K)

>she'd be disgusted by you if she was real.
Is this really the best argument women have? You're on a board devoted to people that aren't real, you absolute retard.

I'm not arguing anything, I'm just using your words to prove that this is true:

Unless you believe she materialized right next to him then that's what happened. There are graves that shinji made and one that is broken as well. That's all in the final shot. I agree Shinji and Asuka need to fix the fucked up shit that happened between then when he jerked off in the hospital, that being why she calls him disgusting, but she did show him affection at the end.

Duh, that entire scene is exemplifying the theme of the movie.
Still doesn't change this:
>She calls him disgusting and then the movie ends, any speculation towards what happens after will never be answered and therefore will never be canon.

>Asuka is somewhat similar to me since I've a mentally ill femcel so I project all of my insecurities onto her and claim I get her character

Lmao'ing at your life. The two well functioning, normal women that I know whom also have watched Eva all have the same interpretation as I do. Your 'understanding' of Asuka is literally word for word copied from a tumblr blog made by a literal tranny because you can't think for yourself.

Attached: 1446180434267.jpg (1024x768, 213K)

>any speculation towards what happens after will never be answered and therefore will never be canon.
The poster is canon, so it's 100% that they're at least gazing into the sea together and not just abhorring the other's presence

Because I'm bored out of my mind at work right now and arguing with neanderthals is a fun way to pass the time.

Attached: IMAGINE.png (209x750, 104K)

>The two well functioning, normal women that I know whom also have watched Eva all have the same interpretation as I do

Attached: 8765.png (142x175, 36K)

See, I can use anecdotes too

Attached: 1565594192786.png (400x400, 212K)

Can you please not post pictures of my boyfriend, thanks.

>boyfriending the worst boy

Attached: 152874428333.jpg (1440x1080, 235K)

Still doesn't change this: >any speculation towards what happens after will never be answered and therefore will never be canon.

I never denied this. I just stated by feelings on what could happen, based on their journey in the movie.

Kaworu is the best boy, he created Ramiel.
My dad works at Hideaki Anno don't @ me.

Attached: 9467.jpg (550x904, 40K)

This is literally a thing that happens after

Attached: mL0619_1024x1024.jpg (1024x683, 118K)

And what happens after that will always just be speculation and never canon.

Best boy is TOJI. Followed by SHINJI.
Kaji is best man and I wish he was my cool uncle when I was growing up.

Attached: 19452131.gif (260x199, 113K)

@192274378
Shinji being a fag is just speculation and will never be canon

Sure, but saying they hate each other and can work this out is also not canon

>all those femcels
It's literally the same dude/girl that posts in the exact same style and uses the exact same images while verbatim copying 'analysis' of characters from tumblr blogs.

Attached: 1562508065248.jpg (525x604, 44K)

You're wrong, my friend.
No one said they hate each other except the dumb Asukafemcel

Attached: smug best boy.jpg (500x500, 103K)

,*can't work this out

I'm convinced that it really is just the asukafemcel shitting up these threads now

Threads like this are a reminder that Kaworu was a mistake
Eva wouldn't have a delusional fujo audience if he wasn't in the show. Would be a much better fanbase

Attached: 1553457364140.jpg (377x414, 83K)

This is what happens when you bully all the Reifags into suicide, someone else comes in to replace them

Attached: 201587.jpg (644x800, 70K)

There is also one Kaworu shitter but he's pretty funny and I enjoy pretending to be retarded with him. Unless the femcel is falseflagging as the Kaworu shitter which is possible since I've seen both of them post the same exact images with the same file hash multiple times while making similar arguments.

>shinji being gay is just speculation and will never be canon

???????

He's right though. Toji is best boy through and through and Kaji is close second. Kaworu is a smarmy insufferable faggot.

Not him but I've watced Eva+EoE with my parents and with college friends of both genders.
>tfw marathoning with my Chad roommate on the rugby team whose never watched anime after the netflix release
>His live commentary made it my best rewatch by far
For the record Chad prefers Asuka.

It was never confirmed that idea was in any way intended to be a sequel.

That Asukafemcel has been shitting up Eva threads for the past 5 years now.

I don't agree, but okay. I respect your opinon.

Attached: 65905767_p11.jpg (1868x1752, 234K)

>calling fujochads delusional
>when he ships asushin

Lol

Attached: 732005360389095cc5a54c8f919ab4f6.jpg (700x1020, 63K)

Shinji and Kaworu are both worst boys so they deserve each other. I have no idea why any asukafag would want her to be eternally miserable by having to endure Shinji as her life partner.

It is a very respectable opinion.

Reminder that:
-Kaworu killed 4 billion people during Second Impact
-Shinji killed the other 4 billion people during Third Impact

And then they did it all over again in Rebuild.

Attached: eva.gif (500x652, 881K)

Good taste

Kek, universe would die twice over before they rework that karma.

Any Tojifag is a cool dude in my book.
I don't know how I feel about Kaji, I feel like Anno should have gone into him more to leave a more lasting impression when he dies. I did enjoy his relationship with Misato and his words of encouragement to Shinji but we don't learn much about him personally. I would have preferred something like what Sadamoto did with him in the Manga.

Attached: EChBUFbUcAAikuG.jpg (1224x2044, 434K)

1. She likes him throughout the show, pressumingly despite the last line

2. Their problems arise from problems they fix at the end

Yeah that's one thing I wish Anno did with Kaji, give him a bit more development or screentime. He's pretty much an enigma that acts as a pseudo-father standin for Shinji to give him advice when he needs it the most.

He also gardens so he is cool in my book. He gives off that stoic, down-to-earth vibe which I strive to achieve in my own life.

>that acts as a pseudo-father standin for Shinji
Definitely, everything in Shinji's body language makes it obvious he genuinely respects Kaji. He really was the first positive male figure in his life, since I don't think he liked the teacher he was living with too much. And of course the infamous scene of Kaji watering his melons during the Zeruel fight is one of my favorite scenes in the entire series.

I just wish his character was fleshed out more to give these scenes even more impact. I have this same problem with Gendo.
That said, although people argue Kaworu has this same problem I think it works more in his favor because humanizing the angels too much would ruin the point. Kaworu to me becomes more interesting because he's someone we can't relate to on an intrinsically human level.

Attached: 3027.png (640x742, 210K)

>hetfaggotry

Asuka's voice actor says she doesn't like him

but guts is actually a chad tho unlike shinji

Attached: 1445752225837.jpg (379x226, 82K)

So? She is irrelevant

It's not like it's some random bullshit ship. Asuka wants Shinji pretty bad throughout the entire series but because of her own problems simply cannot accept this and takes out that self-hatred onto him, which she finally obtains the capability to remedy by the end. Of course it's much much more complicated than this but I don't feel like typing out an essay on some bullshit. I don't even really care or want them to get together romantically, I just want to see them help each other on the long road they have to travel now and help each other find happiness, considering companionship is what they wanted from each other throughout the show, especially on Asuka's side.

Anno desperately tried to get Ikuhara on the team to co-direct Evangelion with him.
Imagine what the show would have been like if he actually succeeded.

Attached: Faggot Jap and Ikuhara.jpg (640x480, 28K)

>responding to the same bait that's been planted for the past 5 years

user... let it go

Attached: basedtoji.png (1920x1080, 1.48M)

>I just want to see them help each other on the long road they have to travel now and help each other find happiness
You will never see that happen in canon because eoe ended 20 years ago and Soryu was deleted from Rebuild. Shinji is an even bigger albinofag now.

Attached: OT3.jpg (820x760, 206K)

>why yes I do relate to kaworu the most, how did you know?

Attached: article-0-1E2AA4F100000578-829_306x506.jpg (306x506, 39K)

Say what you want about the Rebuilds but the music is great. That fucking Spanish guitar in the 4.0 preview was probably the best part of the whole 10 minutes.

Attached: lr2kb2r27af31.jpg (1000x1130, 130K)

This guy probably would relate to Shinji or Gendo the most, let's not lie to ourselves.

Kaworu is dead in Rebuild and there are leaks indicating a possible re-do of the elevator kiss scene in 3.0+1.0 but with Shitkinami instead of Misato

Elliot would 100% be a Gendo self-inserter and a Reifag

Mari being in it already ensures it'll be garbage

Sagisu is a god. Everything he produces is amazing.
youtube.com/watch?v=ErEfQmra6W4
>Kaworu is dead in Rebuild
Watch the trailer from two weeks ago, user.

Attached: teaser_Kaworu.jpg (1071x469, 70K)

>why yes i ship kawoshin and self insert as kaworu, how could you tell?

Attached: qFtnEPp2pvk37bnISQRXeHd1HOJ4E3c_voZzm3A7NMc.png (859x960, 229K)

Source?

In that case, I would watch these movies

>shitkinami
>implying any iteration of Asuka can be shit

Yeah that song is what I was talking about. Absolute fucking GOD tier soundtrack, I got pumped as fuck when I heard it the first time.

My opinion is that Kaworu scene in 4.0 is going to be either a flashback or some intangible scene in Shinji's mind as opposed to actual Kaworu but we'll see.

Attached: pottery.png (546x422, 185K)

>self-insert and strive to be a Kaji in real life
>ship Asuka and Shinji
>recognize Toji as the best boy and biggest bro in the show
>recognize Asuka as best girl and Misato an extremely close second

Is there a more chad interpretation of NGE that my own?

Attached: 1472470370547.jpg (1920x1080, 540K)

Yeah, glad to see Sagisu hasn't lost his touch since working on Eva's original soundtrack.

It can't be a flashback because the background is the same as the scene with Mari.
It's probably just Shinji hallucinating Kaworu, but there's clearly some weird angel shit going on between them. Hopefully the movie will answer some questions, but knowing Anno he'll leave us blueballed.

Attached: Shinji_AngelCore.jpg (849x361, 89K)

You're probably right, I just don't think that the 'real' Kaworu is going to show up. If anything it'll be some weird Angel shit like in EoE.

Then again, there are still apparently like 4 or 5 coffins left on the moon that Kaworu apparently comes from so who knows. Maybe Anno will just 'forget' about that.

Attached: 6be5a3ac7ace7aedc9d52108bc0c7e159e39149aad3345b129759b3aaf552ec0.jpg (768x1024, 292K)

"We'll meet again, shinji-kun"
We should have known this line had something behind it.

>She calls him disgusting
headcanon
It's deliberately ambiguous what exactly she is calling "disgusting"
Overall I would say it's a very optimistic ending in comparison to the general tone of Eva (which is "Fuck you, communication is so hard it might as well be impossible and you'll just fuck everything up if you try") by actually having the two seemingly come to terms with and understand each other, just for one goddamn moment.

The most chad interpretation of NGE is having Anno's own interpretation:

>don't self-insert as anyone, learn to accept who you are and improve on yourself
>ship yourself with your waifu/husbando
>recognize Kaworu as the best boy and ensure he becomes the most popular boy in Japan
>recognize Asuka as the best girl and ensure she becomes the most popular girl in Japan

Attached: HIDEAKI-ANNO.png (600x900, 656K)

>for some reason
Can't make Rei or Asuka default because that would suggest some degree of official status
Whereas with Kaworu, anyone that isn't a fujoshitter knows Shinji isn't even gay so it's harmless to make him the default choice in a meme spinoff.

>ship yourself with your waifu/husbando
But what if i'm not a boy and therefore cannot enjoy having myself shipped with a boy?

Attached: KSjealousy.jpg (1000x1000, 190K)

It's canon she's referring to Shinji:
>“‘At last Anno asked me ‘Miyamura, just imagine you are sleeping in your bed and a stranger sneaks into your room. He can rape you anytime as you are asleep but he doesn’t. Instead, he masturbates looking at you, when you wake up and know what he did to you. What do you think you would say?’ I had been thinking he was a strange* man, but at that moment I felt disgusting. So I told him that I thought ‘Disgusting.’ And then he sighed and said, ‘I thought as much.’”

>The conversation between the two is what lead Anno to change the final line in the film to the iconic “kimochi warui”.

>anyone that isn't a fujoshitter knows Shinji isn't even gay
I guess Anno is a fujoshitter lmao

Attached: ParanoScan.jpg (1080x1160, 209K)

>shinji isnt gay
Hehe funny joke

Attached: anime-1.png (650x488, 198K)

Direction does not imply canon info
Anno was doing his best to try and get across to Miyamura how he wanted her to act.
That says nothing about what Asuka is actually thinking in this scene. For one thing if she just straight-up despises Shinji then her actions immediately prior make no sense, because they clearly represent an attempt to reach out to Shinji, figuratively and literally. If she hated him she'd probably still be trying to fight back, which is probably what Shinji expected.

>gets uncontrollable urge to fap seconds after seing Asuka's bare tiddies
Looks het to me

The 'disgusting' definitely has at least part to do with Shinji's masturbation, but I think it's more fair to say its a big conglomerate of how she felt at the moment. The masturbation, the general state of the world, the fact that she finally openly showed her feelings instead of putting up a wall, etc.

It's important too because it shows that even though these two people now have the capability to understand each other and find hope within each other, this is reality, and they are still going to get poked by each other's quills along that path they pave.

You can despise someone and still attempt to reach out to them, that's the whole point.

Dude, she can still accept and care about Shinji but feel disgust in the moment for his actions. It's not that black and white.

Why do you think he was able to get so hard so easily? He's seen tiddies before.
He was pent up from all that sexual tension with Kaworu.

No you idiot. The point is risking being despised to get to love someone.

No you idiot. The point is reaching out to others despite the possibility that they may hurt you and cause you pain.

Were is this from you fucking faggot?

>shinji is a bichad

Based shinji-kun

Attached: bbbea8d4b226434d6f49e53a4d3a6364.gif (461x500, 93K)

>Asuka despises Shinji
You're almost as bad as those that think she was madly in love with him. Way to condense one of the most ambivalent relationships in the series down to one extreme.

Parano/Schizo, an Eva book Anno put together containing a collection of his interviews.

Attached: Paranoraw.jpg (512x631, 121K)

Sometimes the things people want are not the things people need. Asuka wanting Shinji is just another example of her self destructive behaviour. Shinji is an awful choice for her. You are not doing her any favour by putting her with Shinji.

This is both correct in shinji and asukas world.

This is wrong though

Nowhere in the show were they trying to say 'reach out to people, even if you absolutely and singularly hate them on a fundamental level'.

She does despise him, though. She also despises Misato and Rei and herself.
That doesn't mean she doesn't also care about them, too. It's not one or the other, it can be both. That's what makes her complex.

Attached: file.png (500x375, 303K)

They change at the end. They have the attraction and the will to change. It's a hopeful ship

>love/hate relationships don't exist
The ending wasn't about shipping, though.

Threadly reminder that AxS is CUTE & CANON not matter how much the contrarians seethe

Attached: 1556697471112.png (864x648, 789K)

No. It was about change and dealing with problems. Their relationship is left up to us

>incels still obsessed with bone structure
>when incel king had model tier bone structure
Ironic kek.

I've seen uglier dudes with cute gfs. The dude was just fucked in the head and autistic

Look at the framing of that scene. Shinji's eyes hidden, the angle makes it obvious he feels distrustful and uneasy about this kaworu. It's an obvious clone, and we all know how Shinji feels about clones.

>cute & canon
>they always look miserable when around each other
>deconfirmed by multiple staff members
>never happens on screen, left to shiptards fanfiction and doujinshi
>anno considered it not even relevant enough to put into rebuild
I remember how good I have it as a Kawoshinchad when I see the pitiful state you guys are in.

Attached: 3132.jpg (939x579, 287K)

What the fuck is NERV thinking, feeding Rei nothing but Pills? Even on a formal date with Gendo.
We know she eats Shinjis Bento, so she obviously CAN eat normal human food.

Attached: PILLSHERE.png (2313x1430, 1.28M)

That's basically what I said. Also, she 'despises' Shinji, Rei and Misato because she is projecting her own self-hatred onto them. We see that she now can overcome that by EoE with her acceptance of Shinji, which is symbolic for her acceptance of herself.

Her 'disdain' for all of those characters came from a place of self-hatred rather than genuine disdain, which, as I said, she is now able to overcome and work on. It's why she gets so angry at herself when she realizes she cares so much about Shinji, it goes against her entire defense mechanism. She gets angry at Shinji for beating her in sync rate too because, as you guessed it, she hates herself and that is the only thing she puts value on.

>love/hate relationships don't exist
I never said that retard. Your post implied that Asuka singularly hates Shinji when that is the furthest from the truth.

Honestly I always thought Rei looked kinda weird and ugly in the original show but she looks beautiful in rebuild.

>that nip
This is a blue board, user

Her anger with herself has nothing to do with Shinji, stop trying to make her character shallow.
Besides one scene added in the director's cut two years later because Anno read a fujoshit's asuka doujinshi, she never once mentions him in her breakdown scenes.

>it's a very optimistic ending by actually having the two seemingly come to terms with and understand each other, just for one goddamn moment.
Asuka with her thousand miles stare and Shinji salivating all over her is what you cell an understanding? When does Shinji ever show he udnerstand her? Asuka, maybe she does but Shinji? Nah, he's up his own ass to the very last second.

If youre gonna go hetfag, go kajisato or shinrei or go home!

Attached: 9c740b045c1e5b90b24c9c815e574c08.jpg (1800x2965, 1.01M)

What about Kawoasu?

Attached: 432845.jpg (600x797, 78K)

>beloved friend
Oops, friendzoned. Also just because someone has a same sex romantic interest doesn't make them automatically gay. Shinji is at most bisexual.

>her anger with herself has nothing to do with Shinji

You're retarded if you actually think this. Saying that him being part of her downward spiral doesn't mean that her entire character revolves around him and is 'shallow.' Stop putting words in my mouth. You're the one trying to dumb her down because you project yourself onto her and refuse to believe that Shinji was an important part to her and her breakdown.

Asukafags think this expression is one of love and understanding.
Yes Asuka understands where he's coming from now, but she still fucking hates him for what he did to her and how pathetic he still is.

Attached: file.png (473x270, 186K)

She's too mind broken to fight back.

Attached: i4qkm.jpg (620x348, 28K)

Straight Kaworu is just gross

Shinji is bisexual, no one actually tries to argue he's gay. Denying his attraction to girls is just as stupid as denying his attraction to Kaworu.

Attached: 1442175667371.png (599x489, 423K)

The entire point is they have the will to accept and understand each other now, but aren't completely fixed and about to confess and fuck like rabbits once the credits roll. It's supposed to symbolize the duality of hope and acceptance contrasted with the harsh reality of never being able to truly escape pain or rejection.

This is a troglodyte tier analysis.

Not even a thing.

That's exactly what I've been saying in my posts you braindead retard.
Asuka hating him but still showing compassion for him represents this duality and is exemplified in her actions in the final scene.

Stop being a pathetic shipper and forcing two completely incompatible people together.

For an asukafag you do seem to dispise her taste in men. Sad you can't accept her for who she is

Lol I'm a Reifag, I just like proving Asukafags wrong.

Stop ignoring canon and scenes because you dislike a ship

I dont see the appeal desu. She's a clone and really weird. I like her but not that much

She's best girl

When did shipping wars replace waifu wars? You hardly ever see Rei vs. Asuka vs. Misato arguments anywhere these days.

Because you're implying she only hates him and how she feels towards him isn't extremely ambivalent. You're trying to alter the message of the show from 'connect with other humans for a chance to find true happiness, even if you hurt each other sometimes' into 'accept other people even if you singularly despise them '

>retards are having heated arguments over fictional characters again

do you know where you are?

The show literally forces them together and gives them the capability to start fixing their own problems by the end. You're the delusional one.

All the Reifags killed themselves after 3.0 came out

Attached: crazy reifags.jpg (2000x3500, 1.22M)

Stop putting words in my mouth.
You can despite someone and still understand them.

Yea Forums, Yea Forums, evangelion thread.

I was expecting smart people having smart arguments at worst. Didnt expect to get a front-row seat to the troll exhibit.

Attached: ragnarok_m_eternal_love_evangelion_event.jpg (1280x669, 907K)

I'm curious, what was the overall opinion of the show from the groups you rewatched with?

I'm not putting words in your mouth, you're just shit at conveying what you mean in English.

>You can despite someone and still understand them.
Nobody disagrees or is arguing this ESL-kun. What we're saying is that notion isn't the one trying to be conveyed thematically by the final scene, and if you think that is what is trying to conveyed in EoE you need to go back to school. Either that or you didn't understand the characters.

Because shipping asuka and shinji is part of canon and people can't accept that

this but unironically

Attached: 1559096272722.jpg (1926x1044, 171K)

Holy shit guys you all are autistic as fuck and I love it.

Ironically I finished the Series and End of Evangelion yesterday.

Now I've always disliked the original ending, but I can see the merits of what Anno tried to do.
As Shinji was the protagonist it made sense that the most focus of the ending and the instrumentality was on him, however where it fails was the fact that it did not address what was going on outside in terms of the plot to bring about the ending, and therefore should be watched just before the final scene of EOE and not beforehand to get the most mileage out of it.
Now for Shinji his character always suffers from the weakness of being aloof and doing things only to please other people.
It's something that Asuka constantly comments on, and I think that is in part because Asuka see's that she has more in common with Shinji than she'd prefer to let on.
Both characters are filled with emotional scarring from their lives and both react in different ways in order to avoid any level of self reflections (Misato is also in this wing, but less so than these two.) Where as Shinji is dependent on the attention of others, and agrees to everything in order to avoid conflict. Asuka is more outspoken though she derives her worth also from the attention of others. Where as Shinji is more withdrawn and isolated. Asuka is more outgoing in order to avoid being isolated, and both are psychological shields that the two use in order to protect themselves from negative emotions.
That said at the End of Evangelion, Shinji chooses to reject instrumentality. (Rei's last gift to humanity) Asuka is the first person to re-materialize, because again she was the closest person to Shinji in terms of personal understanding. It is never understood though alluded to that Asuka survived instrumentality by also coming to the same conclusion that Shinji did, in not wanting to be alone, despite the fact that pain and rejection were an ever present chance.

That last post tho

this is my favorite post in this thread

I drew my husbando

Attached: C4A17A3C-AE86-4383-98D3-4AE8B9D3B7AC.jpg (4032x3024, 2.33M)

Kaowshin is endless misery porn in its own way. One of them always dies and they can never be together because >gay. Soulless promotional art is all you ever get. I say this as a tragic canon gay shipper myself.

Then I drew my waifu, pls no bully

Attached: C144C835-D6E0-4DFB-9AFF-69DE9DBA8265.jpg (4032x3024, 2.21M)

Her comment "How Disgusting" or "I feel sick." has been left open, but honestly if you look at Asuka's reactions throughout the entirety of Evangelion it makes sense from her personality.
She isn't rejecting him, she wouldn't have caressed his face if she didn't care.
Instead she's commenting on Shinji in that moment. Throughout the series, she keeps commenting on Shinji's personality, how he is emotional, and unable to express himself, or hides behind the mask of being a good person while deep down inside is a coward and a cry baby.
Every time he has an emotional outburst, she considered unmanly, she comments on how stupid or disgusting he is.
Thus she is merely commenting on the fact that after everything, after having survived instrumentality, having chosen to live, to be an individual, his tears disgust her.
It's merely Asuka's broken personality coming through to reprimand Shinji.

She looks weird and ugly in Rebuild. In particular because Rebuilds for some reason have the most ugly looking and detail lacking hair. The faces lack detail as well. The only Rebuild that looked semi good was 1.0.

Rei was a pretty useless/under utilised character from a story telling point of view, and also Rei was pretty much just a high functioning autist when you think about it. Probably explains why so many Rei fags, a beautiful girl with no discernible personality is like a neck beards wet dream.

It's the same as Yui/Gendo and Misato/Kaji, yet they're all canon because Anno loves tragic romance.

Attached: 62878944_p32.jpg (600x390, 25K)

Kaworu has a penis, I bet it would fit nicely in a vagina.

>Because shipping asuka and shinji is part of canon
If that was true then Shinji wouldn't have fallen in love with Kaworu.

Attached: griffith+casca.png (1440x1080, 1.86M)

Kaworu canonically has a penis but he can pregnant too

>not having a waifu and a husbando

>The show literally forces them together
To reinforce the theme of people constantly hurting each other. Noticed how Rei is Hope and Kaworu is Love? Asuka is Pain.

Nah, he can canonically impregnate others.

Maybe in the most shallow take on the canon imaginable.

Kaworu is a selfish desire Shinji has while Asuka is a real person

>I don't like it so it isn't true

>only ever smiling and opening up to your husbando
>keep trying to choke your """waifu""" to death
Hm...

Attached: what the fuck.jpg (800x2073, 649K)

Kaworu is based on a real person, Asuka is just an anime character who is replaced by Shikinami in Rebuild.

Rei and Kaworu are ideals and literal gods.
Asuka is a real person.

The entire point is taking the lessons learned from the ideals and striving for them in relationships with those in reality (Asuka) even if you you will get hurt by them or hurt each other. Humanity itself represents pain, not just Asuka. Just as humanity itself represents hope and love, so does Asuka. She is an avatar for the dualism of humanity and the human condition in the last scene. To water it down to nothing more than 'she represents pain' is the most retarded and brainlet tier interpretation I've ever read.

>Humanity itself represents pain
>humanity itself represents hope and love
Wrong. It is ultimately up to you to choose whether you see life as pain or life as full of hope and love.

And Toji/Hikari.

Attached: 547808-toji_hikari01.jpg (576x740, 49K)

They are all connected you dumb faggot. The entire message of the show was taking the chance to form meaningful connections with others (hope and love) even if you will inevitably get hurt or hurt each other in the process (pain). You can't have one without the other, but the chance for happiness is worth taking the chance of feeling pain.

Nah, I just don't think Asuka/Shinji love drama is what the show tried to convey.

Asuka is a person who runs away from reality, can't accept herself or accept others. She's an example of who you shouldn't be.
For even someone as fucked up as her to reach the slightest bit of an understanding with Shinji shows that it can be possible for anyone.

She is not an avatar for any dualism in humanity because she is the lowest kind of person who projects her hatred for herself onto others in a toxic manner. She is a warning to the audience that if you act like Asuka, you will only find misery.

I mean, it's not the ONLY thing but there is so much there for the two and an obvious need for each other in the show. It's not love but it is attraction

>Kaworu is based on a real person
Not this again.
>Asuka is just an anime character who is replaced by Shikinami in Rebuild.
So is kaworu, and everything he says in Rebuild is also entirely different.

>So is kaworu, and everything he says in Rebuild is also entirely different.
He's literally the same character from NGE because he's timelooping.
Shikinami is unrecognizable from Soryu and has no meaningful relationship with Shinji because Anno didn't consider it relevant to put into Rebuild.

But she is flawed and human. Kaworu is a perfect god. A fantasy

>She is an avatar for the dualism of humanity and the human condition in the last scene.
Nice inflated interpretation, delusional asukafag.

A rei to complete the trio

Attached: 20190822_155000.jpg (2592x1944, 1.42M)

Anno clearly doesn't differentiate the two because he made everyone inhuman gods in rebuild. Even Asuka says she's not human anymore.

Lmao no, stay delusional. Kaworu's function as a character, his place in the story, his relationship with Shinji, everything is completely different.

Who gives a shit about that reboot? It doesn't change eva

Nope.
Because it's a sequel.

Attached: Anno Lucas.png (1500x1600, 1.44M)

cute! CUTE!

No it isn't

Now make a shinji and asuka kissing one

Attached: raughter.jpg (1022x547, 57K)

Nice argument retard. Opinion discarded.

The entire purpose of the beach scene was lost on you. I'm sorry

>I'am very smart, I understand Evangelion
Get a load of this pretentious cunt.

No I only draw canon pairings, sorry user

Attached: 0C4BD843-CAA4-4759-BCDF-8555B9A4EA07.jpg (4032x3024, 2.96M)

Noooooo

BASED

I'm not smart, you're just stupid

>everyone who disagrees with you is stupid
P r e t e n t i o u s

Nice thread anons, shame about the mentally ill folk. Fuck fujoshit and fuck niggers.

Attached: 1547265950616.gif (500x375, 799K)

Asukafags prove themselves to be the most cancerous part of this fandom every single thread.

>babby's first omnipandering anime
If you want a safe space so badly feel free to fuck off to tumblr.

Attached: 047609376.jpg (767x767, 46K)

Not everyone, just you

Funy because you're talking to two different anons now.

He thinks everyone who disagrees with him is the same person, he's mentally ill.

>Instantly assumes Asukafag due to Asuka .gif
I see they're living in your head rent-free

Attached: 1550903295134.jpg (691x753, 295K)

Only an Asukafag would post like a braindead retard, looks like I was right.

So both of you are retarded. Whether or not I'm talking to the same person has no bearing on me saying the post I originally replied was fucking stupid and wrong, along with the poster.

I see I was right with my assumption.