>characters throw around what ifs
>ultimately return to the original decision anyway
>opponent says something ominous
>another 3 chapters of inner monologue/wacky metaphor
>crying
>recap chapter
>pissing
>Kaiji wins by opponent cheating
Binge reading this I can literally skip a whole volume without missing anything, because the next volume is gonna paraphrase the last one anyway. God I hate it so fucking much

Attached: kaiji.jpg (1124x1600, 297K)

You could literally do this with any long running series.

But it's nowhere near as ridiculous as Kaiji. Everything just takes forever to happen because every chapter is just character talking to himself, then end with a metaphor panel. It was cool for the first 40 chapters or so, but afterward it feels lazy

Stop reading it if you don't like it, nigger.

I can't. I have done nothing but reading this fucking manga for the last two days

You should find something better to do with your life then, or at least admit you like it despite the flaws.

Oh hi there, Otter-chan.

Attached: IMG_20190820_135944.jpg (540x870, 87K)

I hate it so fucking much, but I still want to see that fucker Hyoudo bites the dust.
No u

Attached: kaguya bread.gif (427x490, 685K)

Yea!!
Where are flashy fights
Where's rasengan? Clone Jutsu? Nen? They didn't even make nen restrictions LoL!
How can anyone watch / read this

He doesn't appear in the manga again.

Well,Hyoudo doesn't appear later in the manga but he is mentioned.The closest you'll get to Kaiji beating him is Kazuya in One PokerEven though he's MIA and his current attitude towards the characters is unknown,so he could return

wait
what?
I just finished that part.

The rule of manga is that you can do anything as long as you can avoid the axe

Look, you are right, but I can say that as much as you hate this manga, I love it.
>inner monologue give depth to all decisions
>fun metaphor
>society comments feel very much grounded instead of shallow philosophical anime bullshit
>what ifs provide alternate scenarios and covers most of "BUT WHY DIDN'T HE THINK OF X"
>recaps are a necessity due to how much time the pacing takes, but can be easily glossed over
Now let me do the same but with another thing I observed

>whenever someone spends too much time in monologue planning something, and the opponent has minimal monologue time, the plan will ALWAYS fail, it was just a big setup for shock factor on it losing, making the narrative predictable

>it's entertaining both to watch character's plans get destroyed by being outsmarted, and to actually see the ones which are successful from the perspective of the villain/loser, creating more impact

The current part is nothing like that

Yeah, the current part is about KFC

Attached: hen.png (180x349, 90K)

He is looking to catch Kaiji for fucking his son up doe. Also I am sure they'll catch the guys soon enough, or maybe just kaiji, cause kazuya or hyodou want a rematch. They won't kill them or anything

They will catch the and put them against each other

Resulting in maximum overcry

KUYASHI

I don't know if I want Kazuya to remain the same or to be deredere.
What are your expectations?

He will reappear wearing Kaiji cosplay

Idon't expect much from him,maybe he'll meet Kaiji and tell him he really helped change his worldview,and that he started his own company separate from his dad's.Or maybe he put his sick curiosity to good use and started stuying psychology or something similar at a very rich university.

I want Kazuya to have a change of heart since the trio saved him, but he might be pissed about losing the money. Also, we don't know what kind of person his brother is so I'm looking forward to finding out.

Personally I think that after his loss he is an empty shell. His father started the Kaiji hunt and kazuya is literally too depressed to tell his dad kaiji beat him fair and square. When the confrontation between kaiji and hyodou finally happens, kazuya Will see that kaiji literally never stops fighting and may have a change of heart that'll make him help Kaiji against his dad

Just throwing in my agreement, I've always thought Kaiji was basically just a milked-to-death battle series except with mind games.

Kaiji is a social commentary first and foremost

I choose to pretend like it ended at the anime's finale. Everything I've heard about the manga has been bad.

Parts 1 and 2 are fine but every part that hasn't been animated yet, besides 4, is tons better.

5 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 4

6 is pretty high up too but not finished yet, still part 5 aka One Poker Hen is the peak of psychology manga and peak of post 2000 Fukumoto

Attached: 15dd3e8dab86876a1202b8befe238822a2df86c5_1786264_837_1200.png (837x1200, 1.7M)

The Bog is the best arc, almost perfect, the only problem is that it was too short.

ZAWAZAWAZAWA

4 is in a weird spot for me, I genuinely think it's great and want to defend it. However, it's hard to think of it as better than any other part.
I marathoned it so it was amazing, but I understand that it must have been horrible to put up with it while it was still ongoing. I already knew the showdown would come next and I could take my time, yet the ones reading it at the time must have felt in Namek

Just embrace the fact that you are retarded, it's not your fault.

You're at work, minding your own business when this suave motherfucker summons you and demands you come up with a game to entertain the president. What do?

Attached: tonegawa.jpg (1200x500, 46K)

No I'm not saying 4 is bad, they are all good but you know something has to be at the bottom of the list.

4 felt too shallow somehow. The game that is. Putting up your hand and counting was established 10 chapters in and that's the extent of planning you can do.

It's more of a Steel Been crossing than a E-Card, it's based more on psychology than the actual game strategy

Maybe I should reread it actually maybe I'd like it more

Will I be affected if I skip the majhong part and go straight reading the next one?
I can't into majhong.

The game in 4 sucks. It makes everyone look like a fool. All they had to do is to kick the chair in front of them if their helmet is lighting up. It's fucking retarded.
I can't mahjong either and part 3 is my favorite. It's the fucking best.

You don't need to know mahjong, it's more about cheating at mahjong, literally when they say a name for something just give it your own name and carry on.

Light spoiler:
You don't need to know mahjong to see that Kaiji has someone to look at enemies hand to see what he has

It's mostly stuff like that, you really do not need to know mahjnog

They aren't playing properly, they are just cheating. You don't need to know gold to be interested in the ways they are cheating at it

Human... jenga?

4 is weird. In one way I wish it was fleshed out more, but each time I've read it I wish it was over.

Seeing it all from Kaiji's perspective loses some of the tension at the midway part. I think the beginning is interesting and the conclusion is really great, but there's a few volumes that are just a chore to read through.

I'm confident he'll help Kaiji when he has to gamble against Kazuya's brother, who is pretty much guaranteed to be the good and smart brother Hyodo favours.

It just uses mahjong rules for forming hands.
It's no different than trying to build the best hand at poker picking from random cards you are given. Just think of it that way.

What the fuck is ざわ anyways?

uneasy, tension in the air

to me the dragging out was shocking but now i wouldn't have it any other way. imagine if you had games that lasted only a few chapters and then you'd go to the next game and the main characters gives it no extra tought and also she actually has nothing to lose

That would be a shit manga adapted into an anime that has 2 seasons which second one flopped harder than Ishida flopped on the ground from the roof

It's a double edged sword, though. If the game sucks, the dragging will feel like hell.