Pre-2000

What have you been watching, guys?

Attached: 3hf5kgdfppdgoiyeclgaa3m25l6cqcod_hq.jpg (624x476, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8oxe24K_wkk
youtu.be/bT9erRpdJLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Coyr9LhVryE
youtube.com/watch?v=Ks3WAHefLDk
youtube.com/watch?v=Gw7vapAaP0c
denofgeek.com/us/tv/robotech/282027/the-robotechmacross-license-has-been-extended-exclusive
youtube.com/watch?v=WXWCV4GpZvI
youtube.com/watch?v=DSoHWcWLj7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=x2VmHP7nt0I
youtube.com/watch?v=ZLhPBQpXafY
youtu.be/_GmPUOXeiBE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harenchi_Gakuen
web.archive.org/web/20080317060218/http://mdn.mainichi.jp/culture/waiwai/archive/news/2007/03/20070330p2g00m0dm024000c.html
youtube.com/watch?v=PsKgRDQN38c
youtube.com/watch?v=GfhIU4g4Wyw
youtube.com/watch?v=0NPegphqD-g
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27928677
openings.moe/?video=Ending1R-Cat'sEye
youtube.com/watch?v=O-2M9ge89ks
desuarchive.org/a/thread/188832389/#188832389
pelleas.net/aniTOP/index.php/the_mind_game_dvd_has_english_subs
pelleas.net/aniTOP/index.php/animeister_masaaki_yuasa_interview
youtube.com/watch?v=7EK_rasw5Wo
nyaa.si/view/919990
pastebin.com/pB5cd5q6
youtube.com/watch?v=qIGjb18q2Ts
youtube.com/watch?v=9lNYZ6QQvQU
youtube.com/watch?v=t0lQEByYuLk
youtube.com/watch?v=cIsMwhLDh9g
youtube.com/watch?v=C30I0xlfD3o
youtube.com/watch?v=oneJrUSp4F0
youtube.com/watch?v=R7ltQl7Y3Q8
youtube.com/watch?v=cqPyaQedVbQ
youtu.be/kMD5DQ_Z-qs?t=31
catsuka.com/gengal/artworks//holmes
streamable.com/ecxmw
youtube.com/watch?v=Ng_cfX2VQCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-gcyZc3bhyM
youtube.com/watch?v=DDzNCpBgEVM
youtube.com/watch?v=gpvR6TVIGY0
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2MaLLtq--yMMEVhV2NLQW1vbWs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1000 shin something monogatari queen millennia

Kinda comfy

This thread again?
Not that I mind it, but I haven't been watching anything lately so I'm mostly lurking.

Zeta Gundam and Akage no Anne.

Just started Yu Yu Hakusho, I finished Hunter x Hunter recently and wanted to check out Togashi's other work.

whats the consensus on the space battle ship yamato remake compared to the original?

Considered vastly superior by anyone who isn't a) retarded or b) suffering from a clinic hate for CGI.

Attached: 1535132588489.jpg (2667x1500, 3.54M)

looks great

Someone in one of these threads yesterday said Project A-Ko was good so I watched it and loved it. Watched the first sequel today. It's like Daicon IV as a feature-length movie.

Attached: [Tsundere] Project A-ko [DVDRip h264 640x384 10bit AC3][CBC3BAF3].mkv_snapshot_01.09.46_[2019.08.20_ (640x384, 141K)

Pic related at the moment. Insanely good looking show.

Attached: The Vision of Escaflowne 17 [1080p_Hi10P_Blu-Ray_FLAC] [Hark0n] [20D333EA].mkv_snapshot_18.03.209.jp (1440x1080, 344K)

I watched the fuma conspiracy last night. I enjoyed it, but it barely felt like lupin. the characterization was just a bit off, the soundtrack was 0% lupin, and the voice actors definitely didn't help things out. it's a shame the dub also wasn't good and was done during the rupan era. overall it's just a bit unfortunate since the animation was so well done and the premise was neat

What should I watch that's pre-2000's?

This remake is great and all that but it obviously lacks that 70s anime feel and the character designs are shit honestly. They don't look like Leiji Matumoto's characters at all

Cobra is a good guy

Attached: index.png (225x225, 10K)

The original is fucking great if you have some notions of animation, animation history and social history of Japan. It was also unbelievably influencial on everything that came after it. Casuals will just say it's boring and poorly animated.
Also has the greatest OP in anime history, to the point that 2199 just had to keep it.

Gundam 0079

love the first A-ko but completely forgot the sequels existed
youtube.com/watch?v=8oxe24K_wkk

I liked the TV opening
youtu.be/bT9erRpdJLQ

Well if that guy who is looking for the Tetsujin movie in the just-now-died BBT thread is here, I can give you a mega link for it.

no

Attached: 1557357511604.png (245x212, 58K)

It's arguably one of the best anime released in recent years, although as others have said, it's hard to tell that it's based on a Matsumoto series. That, and it has similar problems to the original manga, where the story starts getting worse after its first major arc ends.

I wish Kawaguchi Kaiji got more anime adaptations.

Attached: [dp]9_Love_Stories_Part1[3D611C85][00:21:45]001.png (704x528, 245K)

They just don't make them like this anymore.

Attached: 58469469.jpg (442x360, 29K)

>city hunter
More like shitty hunter. They still make plenty of garbage today, user.

Attached: 104-105.png (574x321, 88K)

How good is Leda?

Attached: [QTS] LEDA -The Fantastic Adventure of Yohko- (BD Hi10P 1440x1080 WV).mkv_20190623_080048.987.png (1214x910, 1.37M)

The sequels are weak compared to the original.

Anno is that you?
>unbelievably influencial
True
>it's boring and poorly animated
Also true to be honest, I respect the classics but the show is so fucking boring. It's cool when you finish watching it and look back on the adventures that you lived through with the Yamato crew but damn it feels like such a fucking slog when you are watching it

I haven't even had time to watch anything since the last one.

Don't listen to
Watch Yamato or Harlock instead

You either hate CG or you’re retarded, you can’t be both.

I like to rewatch Heroic Legend of Arslan now and again. It's a real shame that this series is doomed to never get a complete adaptation. Or even end on a satisfying end point.

Attached: Heroic.Legend.of.Arslan.Ep02.x264.AC3_Simu.mkv_snapshot_02.45_[2019.06.27_17.09.25].jpg (1024x576, 85K)

That was me. Just rewatched the first and forgot how great it was. Need to rewatch 2,3 and 4 but watched 5 and 6 recently. I passed on them the first watch because I head bad things but they're good too despite being a different universe with the same characters.

Attached: [TOMA] Project A-ko 05 [9C49D231].mkv_snapshot_17.35_[2017.05.26_02.39.17].jpg (720x480, 30K)

Attached: (G_P) Giant Robo 02(720p 10-bit)(FFA04CAE).mkv_snapshot_35.59_[2018.06.06_08.39.25].png (976x720, 861K)

I'm convinced it's the same five anons spamming city hunter

As basic of a coming of age story as you can get but some nice animation.

Holding out hope for a BD someday.

Attached: [TOMA] Project A-ko 05 [9C49D231].mkv_snapshot_32.04_[2017.05.26_02.57.39].jpg (720x480, 33K)

Boku no Pico

Attached: 1569486.jpg (960x540, 466K)

Just finished the first third of Robotech. I've heard Macross is better, yes?

I guess. Honestly, despite what Macross fags will chimp out they're not terribly different.

Reading Ranma

Are you watching Robotech dubbed? Because I thought Robotech was the American recut of Macross with a few other series.

Attached: RanmaBothGirls.png (733x916, 405K)

From what I've read, Robotech part 1 is the closest to the source material. I enjoyed it a lot.

Yeah, Robotech is Macross and two other series. I enjoyed it. Lisa Hayes is best girl.

>Because I thought Robotech was the American recut of Macross with a few other series.

It is. But the big changes don't really start to kick in till later when they had to adapt Southern Cross and Mospeada to fit with Macross's set up. The Macross part alone is fairly identical. They changed some names and a bit of lore here and there but the key moments still happen. They didn't censor much either. Things like the horrors of war and all the deaths still happens as they did. I guess the narrator is a bit patronizing but eh.

Reliving my childhood by watching this for the first time in almost 20 years. Quality as fuck but it's a decent kids show.

Attached: [RyRo]_Digimon_Adventure_21_[747A7AA4].avi_snapshot_20.07_[2019.08.14_06.26.10].jpg (640x480, 160K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Coyr9LhVryE

NUBE~

Attached: full.jpg (800x703, 109K)

My opinion is torn on Captain Harlock. On the one hand the show has this hauntingly beautiful atmosphere and some really enjoyable melodrama, but on the other hand it's difficult to take seriously with how much of a Gary Stu Harlock is.

>to take seriously

Found your problem.

Anyone's got english subs for this? Mine are a little off.

Attached: Ie Naki Ko Memy.webm (640x480, 1002K)

Why does Crying Freeman feel like a romance novelist is trying to write an action movie?

Attached: 1484458255475.gif (250x189, 885K)

Didn't he also write Lone Wolf and Lady Snowblood?

That is to say the two separate works of Lone Wolf and Cub and also Lady Snowblood. Not the there was ever a cross over between the two. That Im aware of. I'd read it though.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ks3WAHefLDk

Attached: 69584695146.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

Victory Gundam

Revolutionary girl utena and Gundam 0079

Attached: l-gaim.jpg (269x400, 46K)

Attached: [Exiled-Destiny]_Dual_Ep11v2_(D0D31ADD).jpg (640x480, 38K)

Perfect timing, I was just about to try out pic related. What am I in for?

Attached: Infinite Ryvius.jpg (800x1286, 117K)

Ever read Lord of the Flies?

Uh oh

indeed. Not a happy fun time for all.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gw7vapAaP0c

Cute

Watching this one slowly, because it's Gundam and I don't like Gundam.

Attached: MS Gundam 0083 (Stardust Memory) - Ep. 05 - Gundam, to the Sea of Stars (720p - QUAD Audio)_00:12:50 (960x720, 125K)

To be fair, the best thing about that one was the animation and music.

Gatou is also one of the best antagonists because there's no nonsense attached to him.
SOLOMON! I HAVE RETURNED!

you may get
you may get
ready
hhhhhooooooooooo~~~

Going to bed, but I have Glass Mask on torrent to start tomorrow.

Attached: Glass-Mask_13.png (1534x1080, 1.93M)

I'm in the same boat, watching Gundam in production order. I like Gundam but not the OYW nostalgia pandering Gundam. Didn't much care for 0080 either. I might just drop 0083 and go on to G Gundam which looks more fun.

It's fine. But it's clearly an animator's pet project as the story is as bare-bones as Leda's battle outfit. Still has some great animation and fantastical designs.

Attached: Haha! Time for magical realm!.webm (704x480, 2.61M)

G Gundam is best Gundam. Only one truly worth watching.

79 is worth watching for the worldbuilding and cultural impact and ZZ is worth watching for having some of the best mecha action ever. Victory and Zeta are alright if you have a high tolerance for Tomino bullshit.

Attached: Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ - 16 (BD 720p) (EG) (NakamaSub).mkv_snapshot_18.01_[2019.05.13_21.30.41].jpg (960x720, 299K)

Welp, gotta watch.

0079 is worth watching because it's a fucking masterpiece and the absolute peak of the entire series.
Everything it downhill from there.

I think what sets 0079 apart from the others is that later series all feel, for want of a better term, franchisey. If it ended after the original series and never became the anime Goliath it is, the original would still feel like a fine complete series. But everything else often feels like it's limited into being a Gundam. UC shows have to ride the legacy and AU shows often feel like they'd have better served as their own thing and the only connecting elements being eater eggs and references. And I say this as a fan.

Attached: Mobile_Suit_Gundam_Movie_II_BD(Triple-Audio)[B9F6FD65].mkv_snapshot_00.29.48_[2019.07.09_02.44.00].j (1440x1080, 126K)

That’s why Turn A is the true best Gundam work for taking full advantage of its position as an entry in a franchise to enhance the delivery of the series’ main theme while adding metatextual meaning.

Why are you watching the terrible WMT version?

well duh? Tomino never wanted it to be franchised in the first place.

Turn A is dragged down by its horribly boring cast of characters. Loran is so bland it hurts.

Turn A has an aimless plot and characters too weak to carry the show on their own the way a CGDGT series would be able to pull off with ease. It's just alright.

Loran is the best embodiment of the Newtype ideal within the whole franchise and he’s part of an entry in which they don’t even exist.

Been meaning to do it for a while, but Escaflowne is really good

Captain Harlock and Cyber Formula GPX

A-Ko left me with jaw pain from how hard I was smiling the whole time through. It is just a great experience, it just exudes enthusiasm and joy.

Roujin Z. Satirical and hilarious near future sci fi that doesn't ram its message down your throat.

I've been working through Sailor Moon S. I'm torn, Uranus and Neptune just aren't as interesting as I thought they would be, and Pluto kind of seemed to just get shoehorned in this season when she didn't really need to be. I kind of feel like they are taking out some of my enjoyment of just watching the inner senshi go through their struggles to facilitate this large cast.Up until Mimmette the villains weren't as interesting as past seasons as well. On the other hand Saturn's arc is going wonderfully and the show actually has some good animation now, and in general is a notable improvement over the last two seasons visually. Like with R, I don't feel like this season really needed to exist. Usagi's arc in season one was still the most compelling thing the show has had to offer so far and works as a great conclusion on its own when she sacrifices herself at the end.

Its bizarre that I have seen so many obscure ovas from them the past and yet had never sat down and watched Kiki's Delivery service until last night. Tombo was boring and It feels like an inconsequential experience now looking back, but I was thoroughly enjoying the movie just for how well crafted it was visually and in terms of pacing, voice acting and all that.

Attached: 6JvNufRnY4AUvkVSHPeWpB0nyOB.jpg (1800x1012, 130K)

I don't really feel that way at all, at least for the Tomino-directed works. If that were the case, all the subsequent sequels would just be trying to churn out more 0079 but with a fresh coat of paint. Victory Gundam and Turn A Gundam don't look like 0079 with a fresh coat of paint. Tomino's decision with Zeta wasn't to make Zeon come back and have more Char vs Amuro action. He made a new protagonist, made Char a main character, had Amuro sidelined, and had them all fight against the EF as it had gone tyrannical after the events of the OYW. It's a ballsy move to make and if anything it displays Tomino's resistance to just making Gundam over and over again.

Cute

Was it really that bad? I prefer Dezaki's version, but it was decent as it's own thing.

Only Tenchi autists care about this. One of the worst spinoffs in the Tenchi universe, it's just a shameless Eva knockoff.

Just watched it. Was super disappointed in the story and characters. Shame too because the art and animation are fantastic.

Attached: [OZC]Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 - Stardust Memory Remastered E08 'Conspiracy Sector'.mkv_snap (712x480, 31K)

I am currently working my way through twenty shows from last century. Probably enjoying Gamba no Bouken the most

Its great but its still good to watch the original and see the influence it both had on 2199 and space operas after it

One point being that they drew Gamillans white in the original for a few episodes and then all of a sudden Desler and the rest of them are blue because they forgot to draw them blue from the start
So you end up with the Zaltz in 2199 to cover for the original animation fuckup in 70s. They had to create an entire sub race of people in the remake because of a coloring error in the original

Attached: 44564645464.jpg (1440x1080, 54K)

>is great if
classic

Both worse than the movie

Urusei Yatsura

Attached: Screenshot_2853.png (1443x1079, 3.16M)

I've dropped UY, Maison Ikkoku, Ranma, and Mermaid Forest. Don't know what people see in Rumikoshit

>I have an opinion, Im special

I'm watching it because it isn't shounenshit

Lupin. Finished part 1 and currently watching 2. I should've done this years ago, it's so good.

Puchimas. The cuteness of the puchidols are unprecedented.

Attached: cute.gif (480x270, 270K)

Entered my top 5 within 10 episodes.

Attached: LOTGH.jpg (960x540, 101K)

>Puchimas
>Pre-2000

Attached: 1476783381150.png (720x528, 528K)

Brace yourself for the 3rd and 4th part stretch

Ranma is just a comedy, I enjoyed it as a child, I honestly would only recommend it for nostalgia or to a young teenager.

A rare anime series called City Hunter.

Attached: Kaori.png (500x362, 185K)

You can't go wrong with this.

Attached: digimon digital monsters!.png (266x375, 246K)

You're in for a wild ride

Attached: reinhard_happy.jpg (960x720, 217K)

I just started watching this for the first time since childhood and it's still great.

Someone tell me the truth about Cutie Honey. How good is it? I mean the anime.

Attached: Cutey_Honey_v2_001.jpg (824x1200, 143K)

Why are we all the same person?

Oh wait it's because it's the 20th anniversary.

That face and ass kill me. This was considered raunchy fanservice back then. Some things have changed for the better.

Found the retarded CG hater.

The 70s anime is good.

>This was considered raunchy fanservice back then

A lot of what was considered controversial back then feels relatively tame today. I honestly have a hard time believing the band KISS was worth causing such a stir over. I dig the music it's just they feel pretty safe generally.

Yo, the 1996 film is fucking beautifully animated. One of the last great Cel animations before CGI use became prevalent.

Isn't Robotech, Macross and Megazone 23 loosely connected in some way?

What's a good anime from the 80s that captures the optimism and prosperity of 80s Japan?

Robotech and Macross are basically the same

Speaking of Robotech
denofgeek.com/us/tv/robotech/282027/the-robotechmacross-license-has-been-extended-exclusive

Yeah I read the early license holders basically fucked up the nomenclature or something.

Nice. I wonder if that movie will ever come out

Attached: Bridge'.jpg (640x480, 133K)

The one starring Tobey Maguire as Rick Hunter?

Well when you look at kiss you assume there gonna be brootal as fuck but then they start singing and it's pretty tame.
The nudity in the original Cutie Honey is nothing by today's standards.

Attached: Reuenthal_toasting.png (700x375, 330K)

I just started the 3rd part, I took a break but I'm going to try to finish the series before labor day

Is Nadia really worth watching? I tried once and I stopped for reasons I don't recall, but I rarely ever stop watching something.

Is it actually possible to hate this anime?

Watched Patlabor 2 last night. Wasn't disappointed.

Attached: tumblr_o5nj0pRyhF1uduh1yo1_500.gif (500x269, 1.73M)

Maybe brainlets who can't into politics.

I dunno. I've been seeing a lot of shit posters. Contrarian faggots have even been trying to shit on Patlabor lately. It's only a matter of time before some edgy twat teen with too much free time gets a bee up his butt.

Attached: Patlabor TV 14(x264 720p)(7568ADF7).mkv_snapshot_17.52_[2012.12.25_11.49.24].jpg (960x720, 87K)

Teenagers should not be given access to the internet until they are 21.

It's casuals that are the problem. I remember having good conversations with 15 year olds about anime back in the early 2000s, it's the popularity of this shit that really ruins conversation.

Reminder to check out this classic Minky Momo OVA if you haven't already:

Attached: Minky Momo - The Bridge over Dreams (DVD) [h-b] 7 languages (0705E2C5).mkv_snapshot_24.04.579.jpg (640x480, 28K)

>in production order
Make sure you don't skip the canonical live action movie G-Saviour, or it's not production order anymore and you're a casual!

Attached: g savior.jpg (956x539, 80K)

just finished dagger of kamui. started out as a beautiful adventure story but it turned into a head-scratching farce.

How was this allowed?

Those Who Hunt Elves
It's a rare series, I think.

Attached: Ritsuko Inoue.jpg (225x350, 40K)

Why are you a paranoid schizo?

Attached: really now.png (941x223, 24K)

Finished Maze Burst Space and Victory Gundam. Maze was a fucking blast with Rance as one of mc's, genderbender, futa, incest and mechs. Victory was ok, though Katezhina's turn to evil bitch was rather sudden, lol.

Finished Getter Robo Armageddon today. Man, that was pure awesomeness. If only more shows had Chad protagonists.

Attached: image.jpg (1440x1080, 160K)

Skip episodes 23-29 and 32-34

Don't skip. Power through and develop and understanding of why things are bad and form actual senses of taste that's not decided by a chart. Even bad anime is worth watching if it helps you understand.

This shit is dumb, if you're going to watch a show then watch the whole thing.

The plot of the OVAs is largely anime original is why as it shifted to feature more and more of what made the first one popular. The animation quality also declined with every new one.

There's the "I actually like more action-oriented Eva clones" crowd too. Don't forget the newer Tenchiverse /m/ series with the brown elf.

Is this series any good? It came up in a list as I was looking for something new to watch.

Attached: YAT Untroubled Space Tours.jpg (643x732, 183K)

Armageddon Ryouma is more insane than chad, really

City Hunter is cool until Makimura dies then it goes downhill fast and gets so repetitive it's painful. Not to mention I fucking hate Kaori.

Fucking this. I really don't get how can people love City Hunter. French live action movie is so much better.

It's not a well-known series outside Japan, is it? It's not even on any known legal streaming sites like Crunchyroll.

Do you mean Nicky Larson? Honestly, I found it quite decent.

Yep.

Elodie Fontan looks cute as Kaori.

Attached: NickyLarson-images-9082.jpg (892x1024, 121K)

You're probably a binge watcher. Someone who goes in with a netflix attitude who's trying to hurry through a show instead of just relaxing, kicking back once a week and having a fun little time. Are there some bad episodes? Yeah. Does it get a bit repetitive? It can. But it was never meant to be watched more than as a weekly episodic series. It's part of a routine. Something you made part of your life in a small way that you could have a chat with your friends who also watch.

I loved the classic comic dynamic between Ryo and Makimura and I also loved the dark tone and subject matter of the first couple of episodes, but I guess everything has to come to an end eventually and we couldn't have Ryo foiling serial murderers and killing crooked boxers forever. Still, at least as far as the anime is concerned, the plots become so samey they all just sort of blend together. It's definitely not the kind of show you want to marathon like I've done. The second half of the first series is especially bad because pretty much every episode ends with Ryo suddenly showing up at the end and all the villains of the day freaking out and running away. A pretty far cry from the first couple of episodes where Ryo does things like going to the trouble of making his own bullet to make a guy's death as gruesome as possible.

>You're probably a binge watcher.

I'm and yeah, that was my mistake. If I'd spaced it out week by week, I would probably like the show a lot more.

Which episode features Kaori getting bitten by a guard dog?

Glass Mask is great! The 84 version is so much better than the 05 version.

I love the OST

youtube.com/watch?v=DSoHWcWLj7Y

>tfw BD remaster never ever because different muh voice actors

Attached: 1548081591500.jpg (747x567, 52K)

Oh, shit. My sister used to watch the original series with me. Good times.

The animation is beautiful but the different VAs stick out like a sore thumb. Still worth watching but it obviously loses something because of the casting.

Yep. The absolute madman also wrote Mad Bull 34, as well as Go Nagai's Hanappe Bazooka.

Attached: 38.jpg (1272x2056, 1.45M)

Man, I've just finished it, the OVAs, and the first two movies, and it's taken my 5 years to watch it all.
I feel so empty now.

Post catchy af OPs

youtube.com/watch?v=x2VmHP7nt0I

Attached: 35-Fantaman-Episodio-1.jpg (400x300, 18K)

High, high, high, high
youtube.com/watch?v=ZLhPBQpXafY
Gunbuster, anyone?

Attached: gunbuster.gif (500x376, 1.83M)

youtu.be/_GmPUOXeiBE

Anybody else find it hard to like the characters in Kimagure Orange Road? Or am I just a cynical asshole? They all kind of get on my nerves.

It was a different era. Pic related became so controversal that PTAs campaigned to stop Shounen Jump from being published.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harenchi_Gakuen

web.archive.org/web/20080317060218/http://mdn.mainichi.jp/culture/waiwai/archive/news/2007/03/20070330p2g00m0dm024000c.html

Attached: imagine the smell.png (607x922, 513K)

Umibozu is fucking based. That said
FUCK KAORI
AND FUCK SAEKO AS WELL

Attached: 228394_med.jpg (660x358, 25K)

What about the thief who wears leotard?

Oh yeah, Umibouzu is awesome. A highlight of the show for sure and a great performance from Tessho Genda.

I -personally- didn't like the remake at all. I am far from being a grognard and went in expecting great things. Unfortunately my favorite characters were completely overlooked in the remake and my favorite episodes were completely rewritten. I will admit that it has a lot less bullshit going for it compared to the original, but I still like the 1976 anime better.

youtube.com/watch?v=PsKgRDQN38c

Why isn't this movie more popular? It's a fucking masterpiece

Attached: 52037.jpg (225x321, 20K)

youtube.com/watch?v=GfhIU4g4Wyw

That reminds me, the Third Year Kimengumi manga is fully scanlated. Go get it.

secretninjaempire.wordpress.com

Ameriburgers didn't get Matsumoto stuff until later and when they did, although in a very botchered form, they didn't like it. Waga seishun is a masterpiece though so who fucking cares about popularity contexts, just enjoy it.

When I initially watched the show years ago I found it engaging for its massive scope and complex character relationships, but on rewatch it became apparent that its storytelling, well-planned by the standards of most anime, suffered immensely from an inattention to craft. The acting is schematic, dramatic scenes are wan and lifeless, and cliched dialogue abounds, with little that would reward a close formal reading. It’s as if the only way to appreciate the show fully would be to remove oneself from the moment-to-moment experience of watching it and take it in abstraction, but even then what Galactic Heroes has to say about the nature of war and civilization has been said a million times over since Thucydides. Discrete, tangible ideas are often a poor fit for art. In my experience the main way in which artists manage to present genuine insight is through accidental relationships of form. A work of art where Ideas and Themes are packaged in a thin aesthetic shell will always be less desirable than art which says nothing but does quite a lot. Had the staff behind Galactic Heroes paid stronger attention to the show’s animation and direction, they might’ve created something with a life of its own, not dependent on the meager insight of its creators.

I can't imagine anyone actually liking them except for Madoka. She's very popular.

I mean it is so unpopular that we can even call it obscure. I checked various anime databases and almost nobody cares about it. That's pretty weird since this movie is one of the best anime movies I've ever seen

Is it enough of a masterpiece to be worth watching even if I thought Harlock was terrible? I'm weak to peer pressure.

Absolutely, it has nothing to do with the TV series. It's a standalone movie

I love when they copypaste random english text that has nothing to do with the anime itself. This is from Venus Wars.

Attached: [2019.08.21_18.02.30].jpg (1888x1020, 1.12M)

This is from Lupin 3x32.

Attached: lupin.jpg (1440x1080, 984K)

This one I'm not sure.

Attached: 1521658027592.jpg (960x720, 117K)

Nice pasta

It’s certainly the best Harlock. It depends what reason you didn’t like the TV series. Harlock is still a massive Gary Stu and there’s still a lot of jerking off WWII technology. There’s no Mayu though.

Attached: Shiawase.monogatari.AKA.A.Penguins.Memory.1985.LDRip.x264-P2P[00:44:26]001.png (700x432, 404K)

What is this? Looks interesting.

Holy shit i remember this,i nvere expected a harsh story about tragedy,ptsd and reintegration in society after the Vietnam war from some penguin anime.They really dont make them like they used to.

How many times were you dropped on your head as a child?

Jiban, but that's not anime. Yesterday I watched some one shot OVA called Baby Love and it's probably the worst romance anime I've ever seen not counting Fate/shit since aside from decent animation it had nothing going for it and was both slow paced and unfunny. I plan to watch Pet Shop of Horrors in the near future.

Oh yeah and Anime Shinigami is supposed to resume Daiohja (an old anime so obscure it doesn't have a wikipedia article) next month so YAY!

Attached: tama q demands a grip.png (469x355, 189K)

Also that picture is from NG Knight Lamune and 40 which Discotek is giving a US release soon. Munchyroll still has it up if anyone wants to give it a whirl, just a heads up the first episode's quality is kind of cheap but it does improve with time.

>Pre-2000
Just say 20th century

How the fuck is Anime Shinigami subbing something anything to be happy about?
Just watch it raw.

The anime may be Tekkman blade,but to why are they putting text about Tarkovsky there i have no clue,a nod to one of his works(maybe Solaris)?

>hating Kaori
Off yourselves, you fucking niggers.

My last completed show was Transformers Masterforce.
Next will either be rolling straight onto Transformers Victory or my next production order Gundam which would be Gundam X

One of the animators was probably a fan. It's like Dirty Pair where almost all of the English text they use are references to rock bands.

2199 was good.
2220 was SHIT.

Attached: 20130421181012396.jpg (1280x1080, 215K)

What have YOU subbed, btw?

Attached: b1f61746dbe77f52870568d8996a8f7ed8f62bbdfc7f7056fceaf3a747aa3fa9.jpg (966x720, 143K)

This OP gives me goosebumps.
youtube.com/watch?v=0NPegphqD-g

Attached: smile.mp4_snapshot_01.19_[2019.08.21_21.27.59].jpg (1296x729, 275K)

I've watched things raw, I'll take their subs over raws.

The studio made this before P.Aiko, which i also liked.

Attached: pop_chaser.jpg (908x1023, 261K)

I went into it without reading the synopsis or anything, so I really didn't expect it. Felt like it could've been a hollywood movie by the end.

definitely not a kids movie.

Attached: Shiawase.monogatari.AKA.A.Penguins.Memory.1985.LDRip.x264-P2P[00:48:39]001.png (700x432, 311K)

Is there a BD rip for that?

No, they just remastered all(?) of the OPs in 4k.
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27928677

bump

Attached: (You).jpg (1280x960, 612K)

My man. Funny how Ryo considers her manly. She's not even close by our standards.

Attached: (B-A)City_Hunter2_-_08_(B3640145).mkv_snapshot_04.57_[2017.12.11_19.39.44].jpg (640x480, 32K)

>Authoritarianism is bad because the people don't get a voice
>Democracy is bad because when people get a voice they tend towards authoritarianism
>Rinse and repeat x100 episodes
Maybe I should have gotten a PoliSci degree, I don't really see the appeal

This is from Cream Lemon right? I watched the first episode and was surprised to find Kamille Bidan playing the role of a brother fucking his NBR sister.

Dropped it because I didn't them, not even the tryhard girl who is so cool because she smokes, plays sax, wears sunglasses and beats thugs up. It wasn't just the characters, I found the whole premise to be stupid. Firstly I've grown tired of the love triangle formula (or whatever shape they decide), and secondly them having super powers contributes nothing to the story and is just a weird background element.

Probably just grabbed whatever English book they had on hand. Bubblegum Crisis always has some good ones. There's this and in the original they have the cast and characters of Top Gun on a computer screen.

Attached: 24 Light My Fire.mkv_snapshot_06.57_[2018.10.08_03.03.23].jpg (640x480, 202K)

Which Transformers have the hottest robot sluts? It's hard to find shows that satisfy the clang fetish.

Attached: [Exiled-Destiny]_Galaxy_Fraulein_Yuna_Ep03_(394CBAA6).mkv_snapshot_11.55_[2016.10.21_21.49.00].png (640x480, 580K)

The fantasy and sci fi episodes like Rall and Pop Chaser were the best part. The contemporary ones were really gross and pretty degenerate.

Not really my fetish so nothing I can recommend personally.
Arcee is the most famous female and has a pretty big following from the main G1 show and movie. She pops up in the other universes too like Animated and Cyberverse.
Minerva in masterforce is the only other female with enough screentime to be relevant in the shows I've seen so far.

Akiba Prime is a cute transformer with a magicalgirl/idol theme, but has never made it into a show.

Aside from that, there are comics and manga with more adult focused themes, including seedy robot space bars and floozybots like pic related.

Attached: devcon.jpg (680x486, 102K)

Cat's Eye 1st ending did that too

openings.moe/?video=Ending1R-Cat'sEye

Attached: Cat'sEye-ED01R-NCBD.jpg (1280x720, 261K)

lol

Watching MSG and man they sold the hell out of the Amuro/Char rematch after a 20 episode gap.

Attached: char scissor relay.jpg (500x375, 124K)

This is from Sherlock Hound/Meitantei Holmes.
Was that one user still going to share the "Art of Holmes" artbook? Tried looking for it on sadpanda and Nyaa and couldn't find anything.

Attached: that's not how you spell 'false'.png (1440x1080, 3.76M)

This shit ever get better? tired of monster of the week shit

Attached: IdeonMovie_BD.jpg (282x353, 26K)

>tired of monster of the week shit
Why are you watching early mecha then? The movie is certainly interesting, so regardless you're gonna want to stick around for that. The TV series has some great episodes and beautiful background art which can distract from the repetitive plot.

It's hilarious that early hentai was mostly treated like more adult OVA'S even using some popular voice actors to before it split later on, also significantly better animation than later ones.

one of the key animators was none other than hideaki anno

youtube.com/watch?v=O-2M9ge89ks

Attached: 1436131163889.png (477x530, 319K)

I posted it in this thread. Have fun.

desuarchive.org/a/thread/188832389/#188832389

Attached: 1559300016948.jpg (2726x1862, 3.04M)

Yeah, I found that out too when Hiroyuki Imaishi named that Cream Lemon episode as one of his favorite anime. Probably because it was by Anno and also probably because it's one of the best hentai series. Actually, it feels weird to say, but I think everyone here should go watch Cream Lemon because it's such an important hentai OVA.

The first episode didn't seem to me like anything special and I'm aware that Ami has multiple Cream Lemon episodes as part of some story arc. Pop Chaser is a standalone episode though, right? Are there any other really good episodes in there?

You’re missing the majority of the political themes and ideas though. To give one example, how democracy leads to opportunistic career politicians willing to throw the nation under the bus to line their own pockets. Emperors won’t do that because the nation is their property, so they want it to increase in value. That was the whole point of Trunhit as a character. It can’t be reduced to democracies tending to authoritarianism. If anything the real critique of democracy there is that it is inefficient and leads to corruption, stagnation and weakness. Likewise when Yang and Reinhardt debate, Yang’s knock down point was that dictatorship is unfair to the dictator because they can’t actually do everything but nevertheless have to be held responsible for everything just due to their status.

LOGH has its issues, the Earth Cult is hilariously unnuanced in comparison to the other factions, but you clearly didn’t even comprehend the show for most of it.

To be fair, you have to have a pretty high IQ (like mine) to understand LoGH.

>the Earth Cult is hilariously unnuanced in comparison to the other factions
Honestly I don't see the other factions as nuanced either. One is centered around the ideology of freedom and democracy, and the other around aristocracy. The main conflict of the show is obviously democracy vs. authoritarianism because of the nature of these two factions. Sure there are other interesting moments but for the most part the conflict between these two broad ideas the the main focus of the show. I find it so unrealistic for there to be this universe where two empires fight over ideology. Ideology is rarely ever a big part of war in real life outside of maybe propaganda. Having an entire universe revolve around the liberty planets, the dictatorship planets, and the war-profiteering middle man planet, is so generic and uninspired that it makes absolute sense that the Earth Cult would be just as bland.

>rick and morty lmao
t. brainlet

I’m watching this

Am I the only one who enjoys watching objectively shit old OVAs? Stuff like Black Magic M-66, Legend of Lemnear, Battle Angel Alita, etc. I almost prefer to watch that stuff over half decent shows.

Except that for the most part, it's not an ideological war. Most of the first and second series was a demonstration, especially on the Alliance side, of how the leaders of a "democratic" nation might pay lip service to democratic principles and freedom primarily to build public support for a war they only care about fighting in order to further their own political careers. Sure, the conflict of the show is democracy vs. authoritarianism, but it's not just "who will win and be proven correct, the democratic Alliance or the authoritarian Empire?"; the point is that military conquest and even citizen well-being aren't the right metrics by which to measure the righteousness of a political system. The Alliance, the democracy in this debate, was unquestionably the shittier government with worse politicians and worse overall quality of life, so the challenge that the show presents to viewers is to resist the obvious conclusion: that maybe it would be better if we just had a blonde-haired genius golden prince run everything.

I understand where you're coming from, but an important thing to consider is that unlike most cliched evil empire vs noble democracy shows, the conflict between the two political entities isn't a direct proxy war for the autocracy/democracy debate. The Alliance in particular doesn't embody democratic principles very well, so we're presented with a case study for Yang's assertion that the shittiest democracy is STILL better than the best autocracy, which the Empire arguably is.

>The Alliance, the democracy in this debate, was unquestionably the shittier government with worse politicians and worse overall quality of life
If you're accused of a crime in the Empire, without proof, you're either tortured to death or exiled to a labor colony for the rest of your life. What sort of worse quality of life are you seeing in the Alliance?

I like OVAs that have an element of the funny and imaginative, because even if they are shit (quite often they are) they can demonstrate something that is nice to see, which I think is a good quality of animation, especially from that era where you had a load of stuff being made. A lot of anime can be tedious though. I think the GOAT example for what I'm trying to describe is the short compilation called Robot Carnival, which has some really, really interesting and cool stuff but also a ton of weird/unappealing stuff for most audiences today.

The secret is that those aren't objectively shit because they achieve what they set out to do very well. They do a better job at being fun, visually compelling and overall well put together simple action romps than your average narrative heavy anime do at telling a compelling story. BM M-66 especially has stunning attention to detail in its story boarding and animation direction and is paced just about perfectly. Alita also doesn't really fit the bill anyways because it has a genuinely well worked out thematic and emotional core based around Hugo and Alita and their different desires and the tragedy it causes, along with just being a fun aesthetic hyper violence romp. A genuinely shit OVA would be something like the first Violence Jack OVA from 1986, which attempts to capture the appeal of a one shot gore ova but cant even keep up the animation quality, or the intensity in the story boarding and directing needed to make it work out the way a good one does, like say the second Violence Jack ova from 1988 does.

And my highlight from Robot Carnival is the film, "Franken's Gears", which is some of Japan's best animation at its absolute height.

Attached: 5J0iAk30xyjOffw6PaLS0.png (700x352, 352K)

Agreed. If you never watch anything bad, how do you know what bad is? And if you don't know what bad is, how do you recognize good?

The Earth Cult is a group with a single motivation in mind and no discernible distinctions among individuals. Trunihit and Yang may "be on the same side" but they embody two different facets of that side and have completely different goals, its same deal with someone like Oberstein and Reuenthal. One is completely obsessed with maintaining the empire at all costs, to the point of doing despicable things himself, where the other will glad revolt from the empire merely as a matter of pride.

You're sitting in a thread full of people who consider garbage to be good and for LoGH to be high art. Of course you aren't the only one.

What the fuck happened to anime's art style?

Attached: ezgif-1-51ee3856346b.jpg (800x711, 134K)

It got better

Attached: anime timeline.jpg (2880x1920, 1.14M)

everywhere i go, it's always the same shitty myanimelist-tier mentality of every ova is shit for the shitty bias reasons, it's getting tiring
>old shit new good
fucking christ now i know why these threads never often appear on this board, it attracts the worst faggots
again, AGAIN, every fucking time this thread appears there's always one faggot who can't move on about makimura's death, let alone understanding the whole point of it.

Attached: 1469018746765.png (200x163, 16K)

>Madhouse
>animation staff transition
>Akira
Epic meme. The leading animators on Akira were never employed by Madhouse. Some of them freelanced on one or two of their movies, but they also freelanched on a dozen other projects.

Just don’t respond to obvious bait. If someone’s focus is just on insulting people in the thread you know it’s just that one emotionally disturbed user who comes here to get people riled up, he’s even admitted it on several occasions.

The moe-tards invaded the industry.

>Takashi Nakamura
>3 influences
Try like, I don't know, 20? Almost the entire right part of the chart belongs to him as well. In his Mind Game DVD special, Yuasa litereally said that Nakamura was more influential to him than Ohira. He made an actual ranking, and Nakamura placed first. Okiura and Inoue admired and worked under Nakamura and claim for his animation on Esteban and Gold Lightan to essentially make them want to come animators. I would be very surprised if Ohira and Iso aren't directly connected to him as well, given how they worked under him not only in Akira, but also various other projects including Peter Pan no Bouken, a show directly released after their work on Akira was finished. Nakamura and Kanada are more of less responsible for every single great animator who focused on realistic motion from the 70s-90s.

>Yuasa's list is quite gratifying personally. Topping the list is Takashi Nakamura, whose legendary animation in mid-80s anime TV series like Gold Lightan and Urashiman Yuasa cites as his door to sakuga anime otakudom, definable as the state of watching anime largely for the thrill of being able to see work by individualistic "karisuma" animators like Nakamura. Second only to Nakamura in Yuasa's sise is Shinya Ohira

>descriptions of Shaker furniture

Well that's a new one.

If anything, it's the pointy and heavy anime style that was a deviation in 100 years of animation history. Animation is best when it's round.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (464x481, 76K)

Is that available online?

pelleas.net/aniTOP/index.php/the_mind_game_dvd_has_english_subs
pelleas.net/aniTOP/index.php/animeister_masaaki_yuasa_interview

Iso is probably most indebted to Utsunomiya, since he was the one who decided that the way forward should be to make realistic animation without relying on 1s much and instead making the key animations more dense with 2s,3s and 4s, and cut out lots of the inbetweening so to maintain control over the final product. It’s the basis for Iso’s self proclaimed “full limited” style.

In the utilitarian sense: greatest good for the greatest number of people. Sure if you were a dissenter in the Empire you'd get arrested by the gov't, but for the vast majority of people (who were content) things were pretty solid. For that matter, even in the Alliance, if you were a dissenter you might just get beaten to death on the street by the PKC.

Meanwhile, in the Alliance, the democratically elected government sent millions upon millions of citizens to die in a retarded and unnecessary invasion of the Empire, just so they could win some votes in the next election. If you're comparing how good things were for the average citizen, it's undoubtedly point for the Empire. I think Yang even explicitly mentions this at some point.

The thing is, and this is Yang's whole deal, that maybe there are abstract ideals that are important - critical even - for a just government beyond average citizen well-being. Guaranteeing rights and due process to EVERY citizen, for example; or a military that is fully under the control of its elected government -- even if safeguarding these things actually makes things "worse" for a whooooole bunch of people.

Attached: PKC.jpg (300x225, 40K)

Also, can someone explain why these threads disappeared for so long? I thought it was strange.

Ideon?
The pacing is all over the place, and its mostly filler. At some point the show starts running out on runtime, and slowly its worked towards the movie.
It gets bloody, but only really bloody for the movie.

Yeah, that's kinda why I tried to single out Ohira and Iso because I feel like there's no one person they were actually influenced by. It seems more like a culmination of various movements. Especially in Ohira's case, who jumped through so many different styles, it's hard to really pinpoint. It's just easy for Okiura, Inoue and Yuasa because they are vocal about it. Especially Inoue and Okiura, who apparently pitty modern animators for lacking very specific rolemodels. Though I'd be very surprised if people like Yutaka Nakamura wouldn't be similar to them. Most of his 90s work, and his trademark juutapon cubes in particular, look like a straight budget imitation of Takashi's trademark debris and character motion.

Yep, we all hit that brick wall of existentialism at some point.

>went in expecting a comedy with mechs
>got a comedy with heavy feels and mechs

Attached: [Nii-sama] Kidou Senkan Nadesico - 24 [BD][HEVC][10bit][AAC]-00002.jpg (1440x1080, 316K)

Both equally great.

They don't need to be up constantly. I would imagine the people who make them got sick of the constant shitposting. The last two have been pretty healthy threads, I'm sure it'll devolve again eventually and that's when we should take a break from having them.

I feel like that retarded 80s aesthetic dancing gif fag kind of ruined the threads for a period there

>anime's art style

>Nose is basically a dot

Not all 70s

Attached: ace.jpg (640x480, 56K)

These threads attract a very cancerous fanbase that comes from those shitty futurefunk videos. Notice how people saying they are watching Urusei Yatsura get ignored. Unfortunately that show has attracted a terrible fanbase.

This, the original is fantastic, it was one of the first anime I had seen back in the 90s. However the sequels are piss poor by comparison to a point where I tell people to ignore them.

I actually checked that thread out a while back, but thumbnails weren't working at the time. Taking another look now.

Pretty sure it's working.

Attached: 1559299365584.jpg (2839x2062, 3.24M)

Robotech is literally Macross and a few other mecha anime cut to bits and taped back together by a group of Jewish copyright trolls that practically invented copyright trolling. Nostalgiafags are the only people that latch onto it.

Muh nigga

Attached: 99078457-C26A-44F7-A99C-0A37EEC95062.png (674x421, 170K)

One interesting fact about this show is that the creator of this series and character designer also does kaiju designs for various pieces of tokusatsu and anime, in fact he designed biollante and the Godzilla 2000 design.

hey user, where can I find this? I don't see it on nyaa

Macek isn't a Jewish name, user. But you're right about the rest.

Literally just a cheap K-on clone.

Yeah... what am I missing? Why does this sub love this anime so much?

Attached: IMG_6021.jpg (577x465, 72K)

>this sub

KILL

YOUR

SELF

REDDIT

SCUM

Watching Rose of Versailles right now.

Attached: 1564639785450.jpg (960x720, 96K)

It is, I checked. Lots of gorgeous pre-production artwork. I guess I was hoping for more model sheets and references of the characters, I wanted to see more into the construction of their designs.

RoV is mega kino. I was not expecting to love it as much as I did.

this is a good list user

Psst... psst... don't look up now, but the word "gullible" is written on your ceiling.

I really wanna like 0083, but man, it's just bad. 0080 though... That's a good show.

Attached: guncontrol.jpg (997x802, 236K)

youtube.com/watch?v=7EK_rasw5Wo

does anybody know which world masterpiece theater has gotten BD release?

Only watched the first episode so far but this looks good.

Attached: DNA2 eyecatch no audio.webm (768x576, 907K)

nyaa.si/view/919990

pretty much all of them now that they're streaming on Netflix JP
however, the ones on Netflix are horribly cropped 16:9 releases.

What makes you think they're bad exactly? I haven't seen Alita, but BM M-66 has wonderful animation, well sequenced action and feels complete, even though it only touched upon 1 chapter from the manga.
Lemnear is basically Heavy Metal but good. The art direction and animation are equally as fantastic and carry a wonderful period aesthetic. It lacks story but like said, it's a simple action romp, and it's just about long enough for it to not get boring.

Watched Blue Sonnet a couple weeks ago. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't all that interesting, either, aside from the wacky villain plot and a couple decent gore frames.

Attached: Blue Sonnet 05.avi_snapshot_06.50_[2019.07.24_00.41.21].png (640x480, 329K)

Making some more webms.
Henshin edition.

Attached: ななこ.webm (640x480, 2.03M)

>nose is basically a dot
>70s

Attached: Разве ep108 finale.flv_snapshot_20.16_[2013.01.14_22.16.41].jpg (640x480, 22K)

the two things i like about it is the terminator inspired story and my favorite underrated military tomboy. Man, i wish she was the protagonist of GitS.

Attached: nakamura-black-magic-m-66-52016.jpg (231x355, 44K)

Attached: ユーミ.webm (640x480, 2.2M)

I'm Pastel Yumi, and you're watching Disney Channel

Please no, keep them away from these pure girls.

Attached: ペルシャ.webm (480x360, 2.27M)

Man, Shirow had a hard-on for military tomboys since the start huh? Makes me wonder if all the girls he drew were a steady climb until he found his perfect operator waifu.

Can't forget about the journalist qt too.

>Shirow
What's he up to these days? Surely not still just artbooks of greasy gals.

Of course not. He's also drawing BBC and and bestiality.

>bestiality
WHAT? Uh, what kind of animal?

Attached: チャチャ 01.webm (480x360, 2.39M)

cute!

Attached: チャチャ 02.webm (480x360, 2.86M)

dayum, i never expected to enjoy the burn-up series. Maki is the aesthetic blonde cop, but rio is fun waifu material.

Attached: 17dc845089ab6d105182f888ffedbc4d.jpg (780x615, 165K)

Attached: qt.webm (640x480, 1.07M)

>mfw flight attendant

Attached: incredible hgih speeds.png (835x621, 1004K)

I watched Mobile Suit Gundam for the first time and absolutely loved it. I'm very far from a /m/idget but that shit made me wanna watch all of Gundam (though I won't)

Is the animation worth the watch? If it's a PowerPoint presentation I'll stick with the manga

>80s tv animation worth watching for the animation
>if it's not one of the five specific shows that actually have decent animation
Nice one.

Attached: ミント 01.webm (640x480, 1.46M)

Attached: ミント 02.webm (480x360, 2.02M)

colours and shading are far superior in cel shading too

Is there anything that tops Ashita no Joe?
serious question

Attached: 7233021036de2ac6c561df41df147355cc039838_329494_746_1200.png (746x1200, 322K)

Hehe

Attached: 1548363570928.jpg (3278x7430, 3.71M)

But that nose isn't a dot.

Ooh, I hadn't seen this one yet, this is kinda hot.

Attached: ピーチ.webm (480x360, 2.88M)

The second half of Macross, Sherlock Hound, Esteban, Giant Gorg, Galient, Layzner, Cobra, and Peter Pan all had good animation overall. Urusei Yatsura also has nice background animation semi-frequently once the show got going, Zeta has some nice stuff semi-frequently as well.

Only saw the first episode. It was far from a power point, but it was kind of just standard anime animation being done consistently, as opposed to anything impressive.

Attached: 1551848576991.gif (500x375, 2.51M)

Attached: エミ.webm (480x360, 2.34M)

SDF is an off model animation fest that follows up an incredible cut with an entire episode of garbage. That show is not well animated. Animator strike or not. Esteban has barebones animation outside of Nakamura's standout episode. Stop pretending for the show to even remotely reach the quality ep18 at any point again. The show has 39 episodes for crying out loud, and barely any of them are even animated. I seriously hope you're not being serious with Cobra. And most of Zeta's animation can be found in the opening, which makes it irrelevant. That 3 second gif doesn't change that. The show is 50 episodes long and unlike something like Peter Pan has virtually no noteworthy animation inbetween combat sequences. Watching any of those for the animation is a waste of time. The correct answer is

Sherlock Hound
Peter Pan no Bouken
Layzner
Gorg

in that order. Not sure why you would even list Galient. The show isn't even better animated than VOTOMS. Only shoves in a few cuts for the finale, but the overall quality of the animation is pretty much standard 80s. Television animation was terrible during that time.

>The show is 50 episodes long and unlike something like Peter Pan has virtually no noteworthy animation inbetween combat sequences
Is there anything wrong with this? The combat sequences are the draw of the show.

lol nice bucket tool job
now compare anime with similar relative investment

>Is there anything wrong with this
There is when most of them aren't even well animated. Layzner does the same, but at least Okiura's work is actually impressive. So the lackluster non-combat animation is of lesser importance. In Zeta, not even the combat animation is impressive. My guess is shoving a fight into most of the episodes lead to them being unable to pool manhours into making something great, instead of making a bunch of mediocre dogfights/scirmishes. Given all the merch they were selling, that show was a pure marketing vehicle.

Man the fuck even was this. Random ass Navi shows up with no explanation at all.

Attached: Amon Saga.ogm_snapshot_01.07.17_[2019.08.22_03.11.19].jpg (640x480, 43K)

Shiashia no Tasagore. AESTHETICALLY perfect, narratevely poor.

>AESTHETIC
Stop.

It's the 90s anime with cyberpunk horror features for definition

>Considered vastly superior...

They literally fucked up the key thing that they identified as the thing they needed to not fuck up.

The only thing 2199 has over the original is the fact they cut the bee people. Everything else, frankly, missed the point — I will not forgive them for fucking up the battle of the rainbow star cluster.

Robotech exists just as an excuse to get Macross onto US TV, the networks wouldn't take a show that wasn't long enough for syndication of Maecak glued 2 other anime onto it.

>the key thing that they identified as the thing they needed to not fuck up.
And what exactly is that supposed to be, given how 2199 puts its focus on entirely different things than the original? More appropriate themes for the 21st century, to be precise.

Macross only had major animation issues between episodes 4-17 save just a handful of scenes, even until then you would get strong cuts on most episodes and lots of average stuff. People have selective memory with Macross because of how often the bad stuff gets shared. Overall it is good. Cobra consistently has fluid and kinetic sequences of motions mixed in with the limited animation stuff that is notably impressive, and nice effects stuff, like that disintegration cut by Morimoto. Galient is consistently animated, even if it only gets really great here and there. It's literally the exact same team as Layzner, just about to hit their stride. It has less Okiura, but you still have a good ammount the rest of the Anime R stars from Layzner like Yoshida, who were just about as good at that point. Zeta is also usually just average just with nice stuff sprinkled in every couple episodes, lots of bursts of detailed thruster work and the like, its more subtle touches than full blown sakuga cuts, but it is good stuff that enhances things, people tend to forget this because the ending really loses steam on that front.

I won't comment on Esteban because my memory of it is fuzzy. So you may be right on that one. I'm fine holding on to the rest though.

I mentioned it, the battle of the rainbow star cluster. It was absolutely ruined. That's THE episode of Yamato, and they fucked it, they fucked it so badly. Actually no, they double fucked it because they didn't even maintain the revelation of the crew at the end because they added so much fucking guff that made it impossible.

Attached: bubblegum crisis.webm (480x360, 2.65M)

Ah, so they didn't fuck up anything.
>the revelation of the crew
The what?! I seriously hope you're not unironically whining about the funeral ceremony being moved to the start of the follow up episode. Because that made a million times more sense instead of shownig in this excessive tonal shift and jumping from "death" to "funeral" within LESS than 60 seconds.

yes. stick to season 1 and 2.
i've seen the entire series + movies, so ask me anything

Attached: selina.webm (640x480, 1.39M)

I love the third pic on the left. Which anime is that?

At what point does the art style change to this look? And why did it change? To look more like the manga?
And please tell me City Hunter never touches on that Angel Heart shit where Kaori dies.

Attached: c6ced45fd021a80c715a11224d395b35.jpg (1200x913, 1.58M)

The bit where the crew literally destroyed Gamilas and had that moment of realisation that they were doing the same thing Gamilas did. They were literally destroying a civilization. That scene is uniquely formative for post-war Japan, starting from the rise of senki-mono to Yamato, it also completely bungled the pacifist angle that Nishizaki made damn sure was there.

It's an abortion made without the post-war thinking; churned up for nostalgic commercialism; a husk. And for the first 3 episodes I even liked it.

>The bit where the crew literally destroyed Gamilas and had that moment of realisation that they were doing the same thing Gamilas did. They were literally destroying a civilization. That scene is uniquely formative for post-war Japan, starting from the rise of senki-mono to Yamato, it also completely bungled the pacifist angle that Nishizaki made damn sure was there.
So you're simply too retarded to understand that 2199 primarily focuses on cross-cultural understanding, a theme significantly more relevant to the 21st centruy, and therefore significantly more appropriate. Gotcha.

Eyyy, nice! I need to keep watching, took a break for a while.

Attached: Cobra.jpg (768x576, 70K)

The pacifist debate in Japan is more alive than it's been since the end of the war. And you think that it's not relevant? are you insane?

2199 even distanced itself very early from a conflict heavy focus. That already started with Susumu utilizing diplomatics instead of attacking Melda with a knife, continues with variouses alliances throughout, and peaks with them saving Gamillas. Should pay some attention next time instead of circle jerking about how MUH CHANGE is bad because MUH CHANGE.

Besides, the Japanese won't give a rat's ass about pacifism anymore as soon as they are being attacked. The only reason they can have this sort of argument right now is because the world has developed towards globalized markets and cross-cultural understanding. Economic powers don't shoot eachother anymore. But if the day comes when they have to again, the Nips are guaranteed to be the first to repeat Nanjing.

I just started Orguss, the first attempt to make a "sequel" to Macross. It doesn't really count as a sequel by any reasonable means, it's one of these "similar ideas so let's label it as part of the same franchise" type deal.

Attached: orguss a.jpg (313x445, 35K)

>At what point does the art style change to this look? And why did it change?
pretty consistent, but the effort goes to more interesting episodes compared to filler ones(they're all skippable, but there are good ones like the sexy&cute lawyer girl and the shoujo LN writer girl). just know that any umibozu or saeko episode is good, also any ep with ryo's ex partners like this one
>spoiler
Angel Heart was originally designed as an actual sequel, hence why kaori dying = great emotional drama for ryo and saeko, something the series lacked since it's more fun action. So you gotta thank the jap fanbase back then because of the huge backlash(they really did like the cute tomboy kaori) so hojo went out and declared angel heart to be non-cannon

Attached: mary.webm (640x480, 483K)

you hand picked all the scenes and it still doesn't look much better if it at all. nice try fag.

Attached: feet.png (680x681, 634K)

>shallow commercialism is good because it's different.

This is how reductionist this has already become. It's also the unfortunate underpinning that 2199 had to me. The gratuitous fanservice characters, the added "cool" factor. (Actually I want to say I was fine with the nurse, oddly, she felt like an actual good addition unlike the rest, probably due to the doctor being a perv)

Anyway, to go back to the initial point. I don't consider 2199 to be vastly superior.

>this entire post
>commercialism
It's ok, bean-brain. One day you will understand that media is a reflection of its time. The garbage you praise was a run-off-the-mill theme when it aired.

The only signifigant difference between Macross and the Robotech dub is that the ending was slightly altered to work as a lead in to Southern Cross, there's a tiny bit of SC footage thrown in and "Protoculture" is changed from simply referring to art/music/socializing to now being jetfuel (which is really dumb considering the theme of simply enoying things being the thing that defeats the Zentradi is kept intact otherwise). Mospeada isn't really made that different either, they pretty much just talk about the Macross and Southern Cross characters once in a while and pretend they're relevant to the plot somehow.

What Robotech really changed was Southern Cross. Human characters are turned into aliens, the planet it's set on is altered to be earth, the main character is said to be a baby from Macross, character relationships are altered like crazy, etc. All on top of the changes that had to be made just to make sure it fits in with Macross and Mospeada.

But then again, nobody cared about Southern Cross anyway...

The real reason Robotech is so hated is because it prevents the actual Macross sequels from getting an official release outside of Japan. And it's not like the attempts to turn Robotech into a franchise independant of Macross and the other shows it's made from will ever amount to anything. The only original animated projects are TV show that got cancelled after three episodes and a direct to DVD movie that looks like it had the budget of a hentai, anything else is just comic books using characters and storylines establised in Macross and the other shows. The idea that Macross fans can't just buy Blu-Rays of the various Macross projects because Harmony Gold pretends they have a franchise of their own is really annoying.

Attached: southern cross.jpg (2089x1497, 1.05M)

I thought Angel Heart was okay.

>I mentioned it, the battle of the rainbow star cluster. It was absolutely ruined. That's THE episode of Yamato, and they fucked it, they fucked it so badly. Actually no, they double fucked it because they didn't even maintain the revelation of the crew at the end
>The bit where the crew literally destroyed Gamilas and had that moment of realisation that they were doing the same thing Gamilas did.
The Rainbow Star Cluster and the all-out battle in Gamilus are two different episodes though, and they have a distinctly different tone from one another. I agree with your points but you're misremembering.

Glad they reacted that way. Killing off a beloved character like that is just stupid. It doesn't get me more invested, it makes me lose interest.
And let me rephrase my question. I briefly checked out some of the later movies just to check quality and the art style was completely different than the early seasons. Is that something they did just for the movies?

Attached: (B-A)City_Hunter_-_19_(3AA4F83C).mkv_snapshot_05.03_[2019.06.29_00.06.47].jpg (640x480, 127K)

BRING BACK NOSTRILS YOU FUCKING RICENIGGERS

Attached: 1526866276276.jpg (975x809, 124K)

>RoV is mega kino
tru dat

Attached: Versailles_no_bara_box_Blu-ray_3763.jpg (1436x1080, 182K)

yea, the movies are different from the tv. season 1 to 3 are pretty much the same. season 4 is different, one of the few noteworthy eps is the one where ryo meets makimura and saeko for the first time(you'll probably see some hint that the three of them are on a love triangle, it's in the manga)

Attached: lolita ryo.jpg (640x1920, 172K)

time to repost this list, I guess...

pastebin.com/pB5cd5q6

I have a dvd of Trigun
I still haven't even watched an episode

Ryo is a true chad, he doesn't mess around with little girls. And how many times is his car going to explode and magically be back the next episode?

Attached: (B-A)City_Hunter_-_17_(22797AE3).mkv_snapshot_12.34_[2019.06.07_04.21.30].jpg (640x480, 137K)

friendly reminder that the author is considered the father of lolicon

Attached: 3d1be3cb.jpg (500x727, 124K)

Im pretty sure that was some french author

Wait just a fucking minute.
This book says Ajima Shideo and Nanako was made by Azuma Hideo. Was this him making lewds under a pen name?

Attached: Mia_chan_Kannou_Shashinshuu_Part_1_03.png (1057x1506, 338K)

For me it was Uchiyama Aki.

Attached: 1.jpg.jpg (640x502, 91K)

>BBC and bestiality
what's the difference?

Attached: 4965-rip.jpg (1064x800, 166K)

that episode is too sweet user, i like how the girl really likes ryo, but was shocked to know that he can no longer stay with her once the case is over

also,
>ryo ironically oogling at kaori's bra
this show is really a goldmine of sensible chuckles

Attached: kaori's bra.webm (640x480, 597K)

Ryo is a manifestation of the mokkori in all of us.

Attached: (B-A)City_Hunter_-_06_(C0B59BF8).mkv_snapshot_05.26_[2019.03.01_02.51.32].jpg (640x480, 140K)

I will never understand why Japan finds underwear sexual
I just dont get and I've seen plenty of anime

I mean I kind of get it if the lady is weary something sexy but the Japanese seem to lose their shit over even the dullest cotton ones.

>moefag makes dumb forced comparison to prove that old anime WAS TOTALLY THE SAME
Every fucking time

Yes. Plus it has an amazing OST

youtube.com/watch?v=qIGjb18q2Ts
youtube.com/watch?v=9lNYZ6QQvQU
youtube.com/watch?v=t0lQEByYuLk
youtube.com/watch?v=cIsMwhLDh9g
youtube.com/watch?v=C30I0xlfD3o
youtube.com/watch?v=oneJrUSp4F0
youtube.com/watch?v=R7ltQl7Y3Q8
youtube.com/watch?v=cqPyaQedVbQ

Attached: 1448066482753.jpg (640x480, 34K)

>He doesn´t have underwear fetish

Attached: 1531661362503.jpg (960x540, 91K)

>don't understand why clothing specifically designed to cover sexual organs is sexual
You may have autism.

Attached: (B-A)City_Hunter_-_09_(5FA4FC45).mkv_snapshot_09.43_[2019.04.23_05.43.11].jpg (640x480, 129K)

i'm guessing it's some meta context, like "this is what she was wearing, awesome" kinda like "drinking water bottles from someone else is an indirect kiss"

funny i'm not sure of which one between ryo and happousai of ranma popularized the bra&panty fetish thing

Best majokko anime coming through

Attached: himechanoribbon.jpg (500x703, 91K)

I guess being a horndog is a mystery to a lot of men these days.

Attached: (B-A)City_Hunter_-_04_(C0C815A6).mkv_snapshot_05.13_[2019.02.15_18.25.50].jpg (640x480, 35K)

I think I'm in love bros

Attached: Cosmos Pink Shock (2).png (640x480, 250K)

>an episode about dick sizes in a shounen jump anime
sasuga hojo

Attached: penis ep.jpg (640x481, 26K)

that bgm that plays when ryo meets the loli is just beautiful.

youtu.be/kMD5DQ_Z-qs?t=31

Rear Window homage?

Wow finally, good start with a-ko and leda, pink shock now im speechless that one thread manged to not be shit on Yea Forums. Anyway lay it thick on the ova's heres some i recommend - They where 11
Junk boy
Cleopatra 1970
Dragon rider
crystal triangle
midnight eye goku
ogenki cinic
agga ruter
wanna be's
appleseed
Oedo
Battle royal high school
AI CITY
Dominion tank police/shin
Angel cop
Crying freeman
Iczer 1
Dirty pair (TV show, and the ovas till flash)
Black magic m66
Garaga
The humanoid
Lensman movie
Legend of Lemnear
Legend of Arslan
Tobira o akete
Devilman: Tanjou-hen / Devilman: Yochou Sirene-hen
Shadow skill 1995, 1996 and eigi if you wanct a more complete story, 1999 is a parody
Maris the Chojo
Guy: Double Target
Golgo 13: The Professional (1983)
California Crisis
Gall Force 1, 2, 3
Harbor Light Monogatari: Fashion Lala yori
Fatal Fury: Legend of the Hungry Wolf, 2, and the movie, why not
Violence Jack: Harlem Bomber-hen, Hell's Wind-hen, Jigoku Gai-hen
area88
dallos

stay away from mech trash at all costs kids

I'd be much more interested in some tv shows. Lately I find it hard to get engaged and motivated to enjoy stuff. Lots of these old OVAs are really interesting and cool, but that's all. You watch them "Damn that was pretty cool" and then it's over.
I crave something a bit longer, with a great story and characters. Maybe it's time to watch LotGH.

I don't know if it was the first, but Dash Kappei came out earlier (1980, with the anime starting the following year). He only had a white panty fetish, though.

Attached: dash kappei.webm (640x450, 2.93M)

>Oedo
>Dominion tank police/shin
>Angel cop
>appleseed
>midnight eye goku
>Dirty pair (TV show, and the ovas till flash)
>Black magic m66
>Legend of Lemnear
>Legend of Arslan
>shadow skill
>gall force
great taste user

>Golgo 13: The Professional (1983)
isn't this the one with QUALITY issues?

just hunt down a show, like sorcerer hunter is amazing, saber marionette j is great, go see urusei yatsura, just explore man, dont just settle on whats popular, shadow skill also has a great show

catsuka.com/gengal/artworks//holmes

Attached: 1559316337729.jpg (1440x1080, 487K)

no, infact for the time it was made the animation is amazing, if you mean the one cg scene then on, history lesson time, so the heli scene is pretty impressive considering its pretty much the first 3d shot ever, after that lensman did 3d, witch was smooth but basic lookg and 'The scoop' also had 3d but it was samey. So no its got great production with an out of place looking 3d shot, think of it like blue seagull 0

In tradition,
- white opantsu = pure waifu
- black or red pantsu = slut
- shimapan = pleb.

Attached: 1523135185852.png (1000x1528, 226K)

- animal opantsu = cute waifu

Attached: 1565098544026.jpg (1366x768, 45K)

>isn't this the one with QUALITY issues?
no, it's actually pure dezaki kino

streamable.com/ecxmw

Attached: 1524140634211.webm (800x440, 3M)

The helicopter scene in Golgo is pure kino.

Here's a decent recommendations chart.

Attached: anime tv 1970 - 2000.jpg (1500x3300, 1.86M)

Does anyone else notice that Dezaki became extremely edgy during the 90's?

Before then, The Professional was the edgiest thing he made, but then in the 90's he made Oniisama e, Black Jack and Queen Bee which all dialled the edginess up to 11. Was this just a coincidence?

I just crossed a Ghibli film off my list, Pom Poko. I'm not sure if I'm old and Japanese enough to properly get it, because it has a lot of pro-Japanese and anti-modern things in it. Any opinions on it?

Attached: pom.jpg (1280x690, 176K)

idn, wheres the surprises, seems too flavorless

Underwear looks nice even aside from its functions, it is soft and cute. Now if it is used as a cover for even cuter things, it gets even better.

People are still pretending Aim for the Ace was good?

You should just take this picture with a grain of salt. I believe it was compiled by aggregate from a poll of old men who worked on anime back in the day. It should be considered a list of popular influences more than anything, if that.

Plenty of people like Dezaki, so it makes sense for a general recommendations chart.

You're thinking of this one.

Attached: anime essential.jpg (1430x5054, 2.33M)

The plot gets very weak at times.
For me personally the fact that ships have unique designs to give them character alone puts it into my favorite shows.
Even for all its faults it is the quintessential Space Opera

>plain normalfag: the list

I really wanted to watch Kitty's Graffiti for a long time because I like Yasuji Mori but I can't find it anywhere.

It's on YouTube.

Check the Anonymoose torrents on Nyaa, one of them should have it.

im watching dragon ball now, didnt care much for z cause it looks bland, and i was so used to ova's that it could not compare, but man the original is amazing, love the jokes and the characters all very well done

Nani. I did not realize user thank you.
This is it: youtube.com/watch?v=Ng_cfX2VQCQ

Watching imaginative animation created by real early enthusiasts is such a joy to see. It has a touch that is still apparent of Golden Western animation influence.

Attached: 31703.jpg (225x327, 24K)

Yeah it's a great little film.

i forced myself to see big-0, and i didnt like it much

>decent
>not recommending Gundams Victory, G, Wing, or X but rather a failed anniversary series

And trash like The Utena is on there.

"The Utena"

why do people try to push gundam so fucking hard, like please explain me why, ive seen 0080 thought it was bad, then f91 thought it was meh, now i wanna see some G and its alright so far, but its not amazing or anything, seriously why does it always have to be fucking mechs

>ive seen 0080 thought it was bad
Why?
>why does it always have to be fucking mechs
I think I have located the element hindering your enjoyment.

Because Gundam helped define a generation of animation by making a semi-serious sci-fi series back when it was new. This isn't hard to get even if you don't care for it.

mostly cause of the ending, and how they just left the zaku after it crashed, ''lets not steal this gundam'' felt like a waste

Because they delude themselves into believing that mecha trash is good. Gundam is terrible. Every single one of its entries is either straight up bad, or mediocre at best.

well okay il except this but still, i think megazone did more

finally someone understands, im being a bit unfair but there just not that good, patlabor was alright but the characters just dont go anywhere and there a bit on the bland side, macross im mixed on, its just off maybe i need to see more episodes, even read getter robo, feels like something is missing was told that g is better but i dont want to read more of it, best mech ive seen so far was iczer robo

13 years after the creation of /m/, and mecha continues to be the biggest pleb filter for normalfag trash. Feels good.

The best mecha is stories that transfer classic tales into modern ones, like how Pinocchio and Frankenstein are apparently the basis of writers like Osamu Tezuka. When mecha is just robots punching it's boring.

Thank you, these were more what I was looking for. (They're a bit small, but it can't be helped.)
Here's another.

Attached: Stevengraph.png (1440x1080, 3.22M)

neat and checked

>Iczer 1
Fight Iczer 1! > Iczer Reborn >> Iczelion

Iczer 1 is a mecha show though, as is Gall Force

Just finished Galaxy Express 999. Great show, gonna watch the movies later.

Attached: __maetel_ginga_tetsudou_999_drawn_by_maro_bataasi__c0683725ca1257fdad94492a1b94087a.jpg (1059x1500, 1.16M)

It is always time to watch LotGH my dude

Attached: shivermetimbers.jpg (1864x1832, 3.45M)

Half that stuff is /m/, user is just a complete idiot.

Correct.

I think the plot gets *low action* at times, but never weak (okay besides Earth Church). Part of the theme is that between the gigantic space battles, there's a ton of political maneuvering to set up, force, or avoid the giant space battles.

This was the first full CG scene in anime and was considered the most SUGOI scene ever made.
youtube.com/watch?v=-gcyZc3bhyM

Got halfway through the first episode of getter robo and realized there is no way I could sit through 50 episodes of children's cartoon. Might eventually read the manga because apparently the characters act differently though.

Am I missing anything great from the 70s?
I've seen Horus, Ringing Bell, The Rose of Versailles, Captain Harlock, Galaxy Express 999, Space Battleship Yamato, Lupin III, Cutie Honey, and Heidi. I know those are most of the popular shows, is there anything else worth watching? Rose of Versailles was by far my favorite.

This CG Op was epic in 1984.
youtube.com/watch?v=DDzNCpBgEVM

Attached: Lensman-BrittaniaIIBoxArt.jpg (709x373, 167K)

Try looking up the people who made those anime and seeing what else they worked on during that time.

Unfortunately, most of what turns up is mecha, which I don't care for.

Which people did you look up?

what is first left?

Goddamn, I can just hear the power from the recoil.

Ace o Nerae, Ashita no Joe, Kyojin no Hoshi (which started in 1968, also subs never ever), Tiger Mask (same), Giatrus, 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother, Ie Naki Ko, Ore wa Teppei, Takarajima, Mirai Shounen Conan, Akage no Anne, Cyborg 009, Koya no Shonen Isamu.

Attached: 39f54495f24704e64287d172ba67b424.webm (640x480, 2.1M)

My man

Don’t forget Sword for Truth

Has anyone here watched this?
Please don't point out its from the early 2000s, can't ask anywhere else

Attached: 81ar9adaylL._SY445_[1].jpg (316x445, 33K)

ummmm no, iczer 1 as a whole has very little mech action, and how the fuck is gall force a mech show? what just cause at the end of 1 they hopped on a power lifter, or cause they later on had robots. Is the new thing, do people call everything that has metal in it a mech show now?

dude its not worth it, the manga is sucky

>Am I missing anything great from the 70s?
please watch cleopatra (1970)

I've watched this for 9 or so episodes. Its pretty cool but it doesn't really feel like anything ever really happens, way too slow
also the two brothers are legit autistic

Nope

if they were a bit browner it could pass as a netflix original

the biggest point i want to make is, please dont think pre 2000 means the same couple of ones people tell you are based or something, its about the exploration, i dont watch new ones so take it from me, its amazing when you go dig for something and end up loving it, cause in all honesty its all went to shit after 2000

Seikai no Monshou / Crest of the Stars

It's from 1999 so it's technically pre 2000. It's pretty good.

>Has anyone here watched this?
No, you're the only one who has watched this popular show.

Is it popular? I've literally never heard of it until recently
also don't be that one guy who takes everything literally

Is there a question? Or why did you bring it up? It's 3x3 core so yes, I'd say it's pretty well known.

finished watching magic knight rayearth. maybe watch escaflowne next.

Attached: Magic.Knight.Rayearth.full.1439801.jpg (1233x1685, 689K)

bump

Look at this.
Someone posts a massive list and the first reply is, meh I want something else.
And every single response to this is negative.
How hard is it to understand, STOP FUCKING SPOONFEEDING
People are never grateful and you're just inflating your ego by making yourself feel useful.

I like that chart and I'll continue to post it now and then so that others who might appreciate it can see it. I could not care less about the "ungrateful" replies, I did not post it for them

Posting a rec chart is not a rec. You just dump 50 titles on someone without any context. All of these are on the wiki. That doesn't help anyone figuring out what is or isn't for them. Additionally, nothing on that chart is unknown or niche. You should already have seen most of them, and you should know 95%.

to be fair the more someone recommends the less the individual recommendations "count"
though he didn't even attempt to reply to a single one of those

I think I'm going with Tokimeki Tonight next.

Great idea, my friend!

Meh, shouldn't have rewatched this. I didn't remember how much of the setting was undermined by straight up pointless exposition.

Attached: 1556646006179.jpg (1920x1080, 278K)

That list *is* a list a complete normalfag casual with no idea of what makes a good series good would make, anons have rightfully called it out as such. Sorry we can't be your hugbox, user-kun~

What would you say makes a good series?

A MAL score under 7.

Both feature piloted mecha heavily. 5/8 of the named characters in Iczer 1 are mecha pilots and there is no episode without mecha action. One of the main draws of the show is that you get naked girls acting as sub pilots to giant super robots. Luffy herself is a mecha pilot in Gall Force and mecha are used as much as ships are as military forces. From what I recall episode 2 and 3 go even harder on the mecha action than Eternal Story does. Both have more mecha action than Patlabor does, is it not a mecha show now as well?

I mean its just labels, it doesnt really matter what we call them. But they are at the very least adjacent to mecha shows, unlike say the Crusher Joe movie, which just has a knock off AT pop up once in the whole movie.

Attached: gall force.jpg (493x720, 101K)

Both feature piloted mecha heavily. 5/8 of the named characters in Iczer 1 are mecha pilots and there is no episode without the main characters being in the mecha at some point. One of the main draws of the show is that you get naked girls acting as sub pilots to giant super robots. Luffy herself is a mecha pilot in Gall Force and mecha are used as much as ships are as military forces. From what I recall episode 2 and 3 go even harder on the mecha action than Eternal Story does. Both have more mecha action than Patlabor does, is it not a mecha show now as well?

I mean its just labels, it doesnt really matter what we call them. But they are at the very least adjacent to mecha shows, unlike say the Crusher Joe movie, which just has a knock off AT pop up once in the whole movie.

Attached: gall force.jpg (493x720, 101K)

If you can make a thread about it on /m/ it's mecha

Could you repeat it one more time please?

Imagine thinking the good stuff even has a MAL page.

Going through 999 and falling in love with it again

But what if
Steven's graph
gets in the way?

I can't believe people here use MAL. It's literally for underage kiddies.

The ignorance of this board's users never seizes to amaze.

There are 8 named characters in Iczer 1, 5 of those characters pilot mecha. More than half of the cast of Iczer 1 are mecha pilots. In every single episode Nagisa and Iczer 1 are inside Iczer Robo at some point as well. To add on a bit, the reason why Nagisa is recruited by Iczer 1 is because she needs Nagisa to act as a power source to use Iczer Robo. So the main character arc and plot is oriented around the mecha element. That is why I consider it a mecha show.

Luffy, one of the main characters in Gall Force, is a mecha pilot, and both sides use mecha as military equipment the same way they do ships. Episodes 2 and 3 Gall Force feature these mecha even more than Eternal Story does. So I would consider it a mecha show. The mecha are mass produced weapons commonly used by military forces, which is the role they play in most real robot anime, like Votoms or Dougram. So Gall Force ought to be considered a mecha show.

You claimed that these are not mecha shows because they don't have enough mecha action. But both have more mecha action than Patlabor. So either Patlabor is not a mecha show, or you have a contradiction on your hands.

their ratings are all unfair and biased user. for them, if it's not seasonal, toonami classic, or mainstream, it's shit.

>if it's not seasonal, toonami classic, or mainstream, it's shit.
Sounds exactly like Yea Forums.

And the best part: If it's not the opposite of those, it's shit according to /m/ and these very threads.

I never claimed that, buddy.

You both recommended these shows and told people to avoid "mech trash" in the same post . Then confirmed that you do not believe them to be mecha shows here .

rewatching sailor moon

Watching the last episode of Great Teacher Onizuka right now
I don't want the ride to end, lads

Attached: 1438149697921.jpg (1280x720, 424K)

>Kyojin no Hoshi
bitch it's not even subbed yet

Speaking of early 2000s, this was disappointing.

Attached: Rumbling Hearts - 14 [AAD4E67F][00:06:13]001.png (704x528, 200K)

which is exactly what i said in my post. can't you read?

I remember watching and that I enjoyed it. It had a strange Now and Then, Here and There yet also probably aired on Saturday mornings vibe. If I remember correctly, it was a joint project made for Russian tv.

It was so bad it was almost a parody of an American film about those topics, but it never had enough self awareness or sense of humor to not be completely shit.

But it could be user, if you just cared.

Attached: 1535673917824.png (635x518, 103K)

Watched Char's Counterattack. It feels like an homage to Gundam made by a bunch of talented animators, who boiled down 0079 and Zeta to their basic elements, and shotgunned them to a shitty script. The result is a silly film that's only appealing in terms of animation.
I'm kinda getting tired of Gundam. Even though I enjoy specific elements there's too much bad stuff in each entry that make it a chore to watch.

Attached: 51Yb8RjZptL._SX342_[1].jpg (342x433, 28K)

Kare Kano

Attached: DCniAfqXUAAWiJu.jpg (640x480, 42K)

I had a fleeting idea of getting into anime VHS.
Anyone tried this? What are the major issues?

Why would you want to? VHS at one point was all that was available but unless you're watching one of the few series that has issues with their DVD release (like LoGH's redrawn scenes) there's zero reason to watch something on VHS when it's available on DVD. Let alone bluray if it has a good bluray version, though those are fewer since studios insist on filtering the image to hell for a lot of releases.

That's why it was a fleeting idea, I just thought for a couple seconds" anime VHS might be cool"

If it is for the sake of collection I would say Japanese Laser Discs are a better idea. They come with bigger art and inserts and all that. I like collecting old anime memorabilia as well, but I generally focus on art books that were printed in the 80s or old out of print manga. If I ever get good enough at painting I would go for some old b-club resin kits as well. I would consider buying the BM M-66 vhs that glows in the dark if I found it for a decent price though. I have End of Eva and Death and Rebirth vhs’ from when I was a kid as well, that is a nice piece of nostalgia, but I have nothing to play them on.

I guess you could start hitting thrift stores and garage sales. You can find plenty of pleb stuff like DBZ for pennies on the hour. But for serious collecting, you'd have to put forth serious money and you would do well to use your money better than that.

I bought some laserdics but they were completely coated with glue that had seeped out of them. Now I gotta figure a way to clean the glue off without damaging the discs.

Devilman, Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, Grendizer, Getter Robo, Getter Robo G, Tekkaman, Hurricane Polymar, Casshern, Steel Jeeg, Gaiking, Combattler V, Voltes V, Daimos, Daltanious, Zambot 3, Daitarn 3, Gundam 0079, Daikengo, and Yamato 2. When Brave Raideen subs are finished in another decade include that to the list.

You two need to give Acrobunch a shot, the ending is absolutely fucking insane and makes Evangelion look tame. It's deeper than Ghost in The Shell or stuff by Kon. I am not joking.

Finished watching AD Police files (1990) and Parasite Dolls. A shame they didn't get to make more AD Police. I found Parasite Dolls really enjoyable and had a perfect early 2000 vibe, especially the OP. Anyone know where I can get the soundtrack? The torrent on nyaa is dead. Or any old anime soundtrack database would be great for that matter.

youtube.com/watch?v=gpvR6TVIGY0

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2MaLLtq--yMMEVhV2NLQW1vbWs

Besides Dragon Ball and Saint Seiya; Saber Marionette J was my first non mainstream anime I saw at the 90's.

Attached: smjtox.jpg (698x522, 191K)

I liked both of these a lot. Parasite Dolls kind of felt like the last breath of the old school hyper violence ovas that were so prominent in the 80s and 90s.

Wicked City, Ninja Scroll, Legend of the Overfiend, Lily C.A.T.

gosenzosama banbansai. It's shit

can i just watch beautiful dreamer without watching the series?

Holy fuck you gotta be kiddin me. Thanks user.

It was translated into English?

Just watch episode 1 at least. You will be missing some stuff. But I showed it to my friends that way and they loved it.

Started Fist of the North Star awhile back, but 11 episodes in and I'm pretty bored.

I need something light hearted so I've been scouring MAL for something, so far nothing is appealing to me. I've watched a lot of dramas and serious sci-fi/mecha shit lately.

I am looking forward to Discotek release all of City Hunter. Might finally watch some Lupin soon, no idea where to start. Probably just with the original series. Either that or Kimagure Orange Road.

Attached: city hunter threads.jpg (640x480, 59K)

You're welcome. I only discovered it in idle passing when I was really in the mood to get all the Bubblegum Crisis OSTs, and BakaBT blacklisted me as I'm stuck in a perpetual loop of "nobody wants to download the obscure shit I downloaded, and my ratio is tanked". So the man who did that folder there is a hero.

>Started Fist of the North Star awhile back, but 11 episodes in and I'm pretty bored.
Those first twenty or so episodes until Shin's arc is done are the hardest episodes. Just stick with it. Soon enough you'll be Jagi posting.

I've been watching a lot of 70s/80s scifi and a good chunk of it is really depressing and tends to end on a downer. It's bumming me out.

Attached: dcc.gif (367x245, 295K)

Literally just watched Macross for the first time tonight