Granbelm

ERUUUUU

Attached: 2019_08_18_19.01.46.jpg (1920x1080, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MGSoNx7PIFw
granbelm.com/story/
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm35476974
youtube.com/watch?v=fzex3484-FE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_forests_of_the_Cretaceous
astrobio.net/geology/how-hot-was-the-eocene-earth/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: IMG_20190810_201023.jpg (1918x1078, 138K)

-ERUFUUUUU

Attached: 1497993833746.png (1280x720, 443K)

>mongoose is an ayy vampire sleeper agent

I've dropped this after second episode.
Does it get better?
Looks like bad Madoka clone with mecha.

HAMAAAZURAAAAAAAAAAA

>anna survives and gets a fire arm

Attached: HorribleSubs_Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index_III_17_720p.mkv_snapshot_12.12_2019.02.01_17.52.55.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

Way better than I thought it would be.

Attached: 1562872175224.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

youtube.com/watch?v=MGSoNx7PIFw

>Does it get better?
No. If you didn't like it at first, it's just not for you.

Anna was absorbed into the big crystal thing and will become the final boss.

Mangetsu did nothing wrong, fuck other people’s business.
My goal first.

Yes but the problem is that the main characters are also the worst characters.

Suck my chinko, Manko.

Go fuck yourself, Mongoose.

what goal? the biggest reason she sucks is she literally has no goal, she is only competing in the tournament because it's there. her motivation is "I'm doing it for the lulz" which is fucking hilarious because everyone else is doing it for actual good reasons.

When is Shinju-sama gonna do his move?

Attached: magiaconatus.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

Is the yellow light Eye of providence?

>her motivation is "I'm doing it for the lulz"
Not even that. Her motivation is "I want to be special", because she bases her self-worth on other people's opinions of her.

She's either going to have a major change of heart when someone important to her dies because of Granbelm, or she will turn out to be the final villain and get nuked by Shingetsu. My bet is on the latter.

She's going to get away with everything, and the batoru will continue forever, just as it has before.

Too bad Shingetsu is also lame as fuck. They're like 2 of the same shitty character. Massively OP and doesn't want to be there vs. massively OP and makes you wonder "why the fuck are you even in this show?"

That's probably how it went the last few times. My guess is that Shingetsu will figure that out during a dramatic mindreading flashback and learn something that lets her one-up Mangetsu this time.

She doesn't suck. Her reason to fight is what sets her apart from generic MCs and makes her more interesting.

Attached: 1561555905203.png (1280x720, 1.14M)

Mango is just going to ENVISION and win. Again, forever.

They point is that they're each other's thematic opposites. Combined with the full moon / new moon imagery, "The Two Princeps", and Suishou's suggestion that only one puppet is real, that makes for some pretty interesting speculation fuel.

It's not interesting if they're both uninteresting.

Shinju-sama is choosing his bride carefully.

They are interesting though.

How many times this argument will be repeated in these threads?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Granbelm - 03 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00.00.59_[2019.07.23_15.32.58]03.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

Judging by "the two princeps" in the title, I'm assuming they'll both win so I'm interested in seeing how is that going to play out since their wishes are clashing in nature.

They are like little girl versions of Jiren and Goku so there's no mystery or tension. You know that Ultra Instinct Mangetsu and Ernesta are going to fight at some point because nobody else is even 1/100th of their level. You also know that these are the two characters who care about the tournament the least.
What's the point?

We get it. You don't like and don't get this show, and no one cares enough to convince you otherwise. Just find something better to do with your time.

That's what I thought at first, but now that they're already escalating to attempted murder and probably-actual-murder halfway into the story, I'm beginning to think we may be in for a curveball.

I haven't watch DBS so I don't understand your comparison.
But if all you care about is the outcome of the fight I would be able to understand your criticism. But we already know the main characters are going to win, the interesting is everything surrounding that.

The potential showdown between Manko and Chinko, and the former having to choose what she really wants, is interesting. But Manko herself is not. She's the most bland and boring character in the show.

Well, most of them are boring except Anna and Nene.

There is nothing really interesting about Anna, she is fun because she is so angry.

Maybe Manako is already a princeps, and Chinko will be win the current Granbowl and become the second princeps.

I think what throws many people off is that Mangetsu is essentially a viewpoint character without a viewpoint, but it's so on-the-nose that it has to be deliberate. You're not meant to find her relatable. You're meant to slowly get the suspicion that something is horribly wrong with her.

Mango is anything but boring, she goes from making sandwiches and being a dork to screaming her lungs out while crushing other's dreams and back again. And we still don't even know her whole secret yet and why she's that strong. She's pretty fucking awesome as an MC.

Attached: 1558216560873.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

>You're not meant to find her relatable
But she is the most relatable MC in years.

Tell me about your life, user.

They're going to drag Mango's sister into this, I just feel it.

Nothing to tell, really.

She's boring. She feels more like a force of nature than a character.

Shingetsu should have given her magic power to Anna if she was gonna win Granbelm.

It's not about the outcome of the fight. It's about the characters participating in the fight. You should care about the participants. They need a reason to be there so that you can root for or against them. They need a backstory so you can understand their journey, the shit they have overcome to get this far, the difficulty and training needed to get to this level and where they came from. You have to see them struggle so you understand that this is so important to them that they're willing to overcome great pain and shortcomings for their goals. It's like this in every story. The characters need to be something. And all of this is especially true for the protagonists.
The biggest problem with Granbelm is that the two main characters really suck. Ernesta is boringly strong, literally beats everyone without even trying and doesn't want to be there. Of all the contestants she's probably had the LEAST shitty life because magical power seems to trump everything and she's always been the strongest. So you have characters like Anna willing to die just to taste real magic for once in her life, or Nenene trying to fix her family and doing all these tactics to overcome her disadvantages, or Kuon wanting to undo a curse that's killing her sister... and then Shingetsu's problems and her goal are so dumb in comparison.
Then you have Mangetsu who is the worst character in any anime this entire season, literally invincible, drops out of the sky into a tournament that's in the semifinals stage and starts shitting on everybody else because she just can't lose, and she has 0 connection to anyone else or even the entire magical setting the tournament takes place around, risking nothing to participate, losing nothing if she fails, this character is just a total disaster. It's like watching a sports movie where you have two teams and then Chad jumps onto the field in the last game, starts punching everyone out and they count him as his own team and give him the trophy.

tfw this show is WIXOSS but with mechas

She is unconscious while screaming her lungs out and killing everyone. That's not even her. It's an automatic reaction. That's incredibly lame because she's essentially not even doing it herself.

Probably. There has to be a reason why Nene keeps cosying up to Kibou after she's already out of the fight. Everything else she has done so far served a strategic purpose.

Maybe they're just friends, man

kill yourself already.
You have to be genuinely retarded to keep watching something where you dislike the two main characters. EVEN if you like the other characters, that should be a good enough reason for you to fuck off, but no.
And I haven't seen you say anything good about the other characters, it's just all day "shingetsu and mangetsu are uninteresting because I think so".

Look at Nene's face when she says "It's a good luck charm".

>They need a backstory so you can understand their journey, the shit they have overcome to get this far, the difficulty and training needed to get to this level and where they came from. You have to see them struggle so you understand that this is so important to them that they're willing to overcome great pain and shortcomings for their goals. It's like this in every story
I think you need to watch less shounen. There are plenty of action shows that doesn't follow this formula, and are still very engaging.
>Ernesta is boringly strong, literally beats everyone without even trying and doesn't want to be there
She has only beaten 1 on screen and that took very high physical and emotional effort to do.
>Of all the contestants she's probably had the LEAST shitty life because magical power seems to trump everything and she's always been the strongest
We don't know her life story. But we do know that she is an orphan. So to say she hasn't have a shitty life is presumptuous.
>Then you have Mangetsu who is the worst character in any anime this entire season, literally invincible, drops out of the sky into a tournament that's in the semifinals stage and starts shitting on everybody else because she just can't lose, and she has 0 connection to anyone else or even the entire magical setting the tournament takes place around,
This might have been relevant if we had seen anything of the Granbelm before she joined, but since we didn't this reading will not resonate with most viewers. We see Mangetsu sgets thrown into a new and exiting situation.
>risking nothing to participate, losing nothing if she fails
She risk having to go back to her normal life that she hates. She might even kill herself now that she has had a taste of excitement.

I just said things about the other characters, you inept argument-less retard. You are the reason Yea Forums is so shitty now, because you have a binary "you either like show or gtfo" attitude that prevents any serious discussion about any show, so now we have a board of /vg/ generals where low-IQ dicklickers like you attack anyone who doesn't mindlessly spout memes.

Those are some interesting thoughts. Well, I never liked Mangetsu anyway. Her having an auto-win bottom makes the whole tournament pointless. Only thing that could somehow salvage this is having her turn int the villain and the other girls bunching together to put her out of her misery.

>She feels more like a force of nature than a character.
That's a real possibility, and interesting in its own right. Can you reason with a talking force of nature? Can you understand the laws that make it tick and manipulate it? If it lives among humans long enough, does something human rub off on it? How will the other characters react when they find out what she is?

No amount of parroting the word "boring" will make it true. You're just too retarded to get what's interesting about her.
She's not unconscious you speedwatcher, she was aware of everything while doing it, she even saw Nene's memories when she beat her. She only lost conscious afterwards.

I already wasted hours arguing with you, I'm just done with it. And no, you're the reason Yea Forums is fucking garbage. you want all anime to be the same shit with absolutely 0 originality. Either follow the established route or it's bad.
And vaguely mentioning other characters motivations doesn't mean it's a thing you like about it, unless you're that simple of a person, although you already proved you are.

>She risk having to go back to her normal life that she hates.
She didn't hate her life. She's just never been special, but she has a family that cares about her and she isn't bullied at school or anything. She is just normal and it doesn't even seem to bother her, it's just that being a wizard is more interesting than being normal.
So this character is not actually risking anything, because she doesn't even hate her normal life and returning to it would be easy. She had nothing to do with magic before, she knows nothing about magic, she has been fighting for way less time so she didn't even invest a lot of time into the tournament, and if she loses she just goes back to the same things she was doing before while other characters, whose entire lives revolve around magic, become outcasted.
So how can you make bullshit lies trying to make it sound like Mangetsu has so much riding on this tournament when she very obviously has the least? If Kuon loses her sister's going to fucking die. If Mangetsu loses she goes back to making box lunches.

>She didn't hate her life
hate is a strong word for it, but if that's what you truly believe, You're even more stupid than I first thought.

>You're just too retarded to get what's interesting about her.
That's not an argument, faggot.

Are you illiterate, retard?

You've kept repeating the same argument for hours now, in two threads, and you're always the first to resort to name-calling. You don't get to complain about Yea Forums being shit. You are the cancer.

>She didn't hate her life
Just rewatch episode two when she says she has nothing. It is quite clear that she very much dislike her current life.
And is this the face of someone that feel like they have nothing to lose?

Attached: [Erai-raws] Granbelm - 05 [720p][Multiple Subtitle].mkv_snapshot_20.56.881.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

I just got here. Here's my first post in the thread. Maybe more than 1 person dislikes these characters.

You can clearly see when any thread gets taken over by burgers.

You are. You can't even comprehend how much Mangetsu disliked her life before the show started.
She forced herself to go around doing things for other just so people would maybe notice her.

>my life is boring this is such a good motivation
>so much better than everyone else's reasons for fighting

>she doesn't even hate her normal life
Are you for real? They spent half an episode explaining this.

Desu some people would kill for self-validation.

Yes, prove ONCE again that this all boils down to "I don't like her motivation so she's boring".
That's her motivation, she thought her life was boring, It's ironic that you hate her motivation so much yet you say she's a boring character. Her fucking reason to fight is that she doesn't want to be boring.

She doesn't hate it. She is sad because her normal life is boring. It's a shitty motivation because her life is not shown to be bad or anything. She has a normal life. Her being so upset about it works against her because she seems like a whiny bitch getting so upset about being mediocre in comparison to the problems the other people have.

How good of a motivation something is depends on the character itself. And Mangetsu really sells the whole hates being nothing.

How will everyone react to Anna's death next episode? What will Shiggy tell her sister?

Attached: I am a genius!.jpg (1280x1440, 233K)

And yet she's the most boring character precisely because her motivation is so weak in comparison to others, she has no connection to the setting, and she's boringly overpowered.

>death

Keep proving how you stupid you are. Just how many more million times will it have to be shoved in your face that she IS a boring person and that's why she wants to change? Just how inept can you be?

Not him but, that still doesn't make it a compelling motivation. Anna had similar motivation but what made Anna fun was how crazy she was. Take that way and she would have been as bland a character as Mango.

What's your motivation for posting? Because you sound like a pretty boring character.

Going "you're stupid" over and over isn't an argument.

The argument is there, you're just too stupid to notice it once again.
Anna was fun because she wasn't just a angry cunt, her anger ended up being pretty validated all things considered.

He's a lost cause, and has no argument except for spouting "boring" over and over again.

Attached: (You).webm (1280x720, 1.29M)

>Just how many more million times will it have to be shoved in your face that she IS a boring person and that's why she wants to change?
You don't become less boring by automatically being a million times stronger than everyone else without trying, having a lamer motivation than everyone else, and being a literally who with no connection to or knowledge of anyone else or anything going on. She's a plot device and those are shitty protagonists.

meant for

The only way I can see her coming back is if she ascends to a sentient fire out of pure rage. Anything less would be lame.

(you)

Only top tier arguments from Mangetsu defenders.

Anna's corpse is going to appear in front of her sister that is waiting for her.
She is sleep, couldn't stay awake the 10 hours. When she wakes up, she will her sister a be happy. Then she will realize that her sister isn't waking up.

Ne³ saying "did you think I was dead?" when she lost could mean Anna might survive.

>Mangetsu defenders
No such things, only people enjoying the show. And your arguments are getting boring by the way. I know it's hard for you, but try coming up with something new to say.

Attached: 1543293654243.jpg (1280x720, 407K)

I think some anons like Mango because she's overpowered and it's sorta fun to see her destroy everyone's ass. The fact they have more important motivations than her makes it more fun in a sort of sadistic way.
That's pretty much all there is to her though. Take the ass-kicking away and it would be much more clear how bland she is. I was just rewatching the show yesterday and realized most of the time she's just there following Shingetsu around.

If that was all I liked about her I would be pretty bored with her since she has only done it twice in 7 episodes.

That served to affirm the rule so they could dramatically break it later. We literally see Anna lying in a pool of her own blood before she is absorbed. Unlike with her mother's scene, there was a lot of foreshadowing before the battle, and the face Ernesta makes, the snow motif and the alternative ending theme just drove it home even further.

The only boring motivation in this show so far is "saving my ill sister" and "destroying magic from the world because magic sucks".
God knows those have been done a million times, how can you get invested in that kind of motivation after reading more than 10 stories is beyond me. A character doing it because she just thinks her life is fucking boring, and magic is pretty rad in comparison is miles better.
In my opinion of course, I realize this is my opinion and not a fact.

Ne3 didn't literally evaporate from rage into a fiery silhouette. Also Shank said something about some magic recoil so if Anna survived she's gonna get hit again.

Yeah, that's my problem with her too. If you think about it, nothing would change if she wasn't in the show at all and Shingetsu did everything.

Then you're lucky there are other characters in the show.

she did it twice, and ultimately only 3 characters are even down at this point, there's plenty to go ahead and I've enjoyed what I got so far.

She get's excited for the next Granbelm and even marks it on her calendar, the origin of her magic is a mystery and even outside the fights she really fun and has some great interactions with the others, especially Shingetsu.

Attached: 1540707086469.gif (305x323, 208K)

Oh shit, that's a real possibility. Either way, there's no way Shingetsu is ever reconnecting with that family now.

You're in that mindset where you think that different automatically means good. Just because someone fighting to save their sister from cancer has been done before doesn't make it a poor motivation. By your logic, Mangetsu's motivation is not new because tons of people do things just because they're good at it and it beats doing nothing, like every pro athlete.

>She get's excited for the next Granbelm and even marks it on her calendar
Yeah, I did say people like her for the ass-kicking. She getting exited about it is part of that.

>some great interactions with the others, especially Shingetsu.
The only memorable interaction they have was what they talked about self-esteem, and most of the talking was done by Shingetsu.

>Just because someone fighting to save their sister from cancer has been done before doesn't make it a poor motivation
If played straight however it becomes a boring motivation.
>Mangetsu's motivation is not new because tons of people do things just because they're good at it and it beats doing nothing, like every pro athlete.
But not as many people are as desperate as Mangetsu to not return to her life of nothing.

No, I don't think different automatically means good. I see Mangetsu as a very realistic way to write a character and I've been enjoying it so far, simple as that.

>muh realism in a show about magical robots

Attached: nothing.jpg (640x360, 24K)

What's the issue with writing the normal girl who one day got powers to summon said magic robot as a normal person?
Was she supposed to immediately become a entirely different being?

Stop samefagging, troll. We know you hate the show and you like repeating your hate for Mangetsu every thread. Go do something else with your life.

Place your bets: which puppet is real? And who or what is Shishouseki, exactly?

Attached: but who was puppet.jpg (955x2692, 446K)

I don't see why she's in the show at all except to have some layman focal character you can drop exposition onto, which is clumsy writing.

>samefagging
You're pathetic.

You don't see because the story isn't nearly done.
There's already been a lot of hints dropped there's more to her than that. Of course, since she's boring and overpowered, those doesn't mean anything.

>the premise is unnatural so the characters should be unnatural

The show wouldn't be as interesting without her.
She has had the most interesting scenes so far.

How can you call me pathetic when you spend every day complaining about Manko for hours?

>which puppet is real
me

Stop replying to him.

>Of course, since she's boring and overpowered, those doesn't mean anything.
well, yeah

Why did you kill Anna?!!

Yes, she's boring and overpowered, and thus the things that makes her interesting and not simply overpowered means nothing.
And let's keep saying she's overpowered when she's been barely beating the two characters she fought.

Anna lives inside me.

>The biggest problem with Granbelm is that the two main characters really suck
I dunno, I don't really see the issue with Shiggy, but that's probably because of the ERNESTAAAA sideplot. Don't really have a gripe with her not wanting to be interested since it seems like magic fucked her up anyway. I'm just interested in her backstory in full getting explained and if that works more.

>anyone who doesn't agree with me is samefagging
I'm not that user, retard. I only posted two or three of those posts. You're fucking pathetic.

What does it mean to be a "real puppet"? The only one who is not controlled by a puppet master? The only one who *is* controlled?

>Yes, she's boring and overpowered, and thus the things that makes her interesting and not simply overpowered means nothing.
You're trying to be sarcastic but that's actually true.

>barely
She didn't even use half of her power to defeat Nenenee though

>she's been barely beating the two characters she fought.
Not him but that's bullshit. She one-shot them both.

>this fucking thread

Attached: 1565580287014.jpg (1250x948, 168K)

I mean, if that's what you think.
Do you even know what's her full power? making a huge magic weapon isn't exactly unique to her. Anna did it against Shingetsu and got completely styled on anyway.

>And let's keep saying she's overpowered when she's been barely beating the two characters she fought.
She beat them both in 1 hit and the second time she destroyed Nenene in 1 hit with a sword so big you could see it from space. After Nenene was smacking her around for hours. And it wasn't even half her full power.
She is OP and if you think she isn't you're completely fucking delusional. You can have your opinion about whether or not she's interesting, but there is no question about her being bullshit OP.

He already did, the snake eyes on mangetsu's mecha is him awakening and choosing mangetsu.
Her despair fuels her power.

>Do you even know what's her full power?
The creators of the show said Mangetsu Negro isn't even half her power.

>choosing mangetsu
But the show keeps saying Chinko's the one loved by Magicunny, so which is it?

>magical power seems to trump everything and she's always been the strongest
>Mangetsu who is the worst character in any anime this entire season, literally invincible, drops out of the sky into a tournament that's in the semifinals stage and starts shitting on everybody else because she just can't lose
Wrong retard, kill yourself.

I've complained about Mangetsu in 2 or 3 threads over several weeks, so I don't know why you think I'm in here 24/7. Maybe multiple people think these characters are wank.

It's been like this since that shitposter appeared, he reminds me of the Yume-hater. They're equally retarded.

There's one major difference.

How am I a shitposter if I've only posted in three threads? You retards are so fucking stupid you just think everyone who disagrees with you is a single person.

You literally repeated some sentences word for word. So you're either the same faggot or just parroting the same posts you saw without bothering to give it any thought yourself, which is just as stupid.

Some people like Mango (can't understand why but yeah) and some people don't. Why don't you people just agree to disagree and move on?

Hmm then the snake might be something else like the serpent in the garden of eden.
Mangetsu's primal resistance to not losing woke it up from its seal.

The entire magic being sealed up was to keep that thing away.

The last time I posted in a Granbelm thread was on Friday or Saturday and then before that it was either the Saturday before that or two Saturdays ago. Are you telling me there is a guy who posts the exact same stuff every single day? Because that means that people other than me think Mangetsu is boring as fuck and you are sperging out because you think a commonly held opinion is all 1 guy.

I don't care if others like Mangetsu but find it annoying that when I say why I don't like her they say I am everyone who has ever disliked her samefagging and go "well that's just like, your opinion, man" which is a useless statement since it's all opinions so at that point we might as well not talk about the show at all

The threads were peaceful before your kind of cancer showed up.

Stop feeding it. It grows stronger from your energy.

>being civil outside of porn discussion

Attached: skub.jpg (250x229, 11K)

They could still be peaceful if you stopped sperging out over my opinion. You disagree with my opinion that Mangetsu is a shitty character? Then just don't reply. There is no gun to your head.

I think Manko sucks too but I'm less vocal about it. Anons can't stand any criticism and I don't dig wasting time in retarded arguments.

Attached: 76361589_p0.jpg (1357x1920, 1.3M)

This.

It was like that once but then someone discovered the words "shit taste" and "shitposting" and all was lost.

Nice. I wish this show got more fanart.

God I hate how these animes are only 12 episodes long and so have very sliced up plots even when the setting is interesting like this one.

The more you shitpost Mango, the more I love her.
I hope she beats up shishou while she's monologueing some important shit.
Pure ego triumphs over the info dump

Attached: granbelm ok.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

ERNEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA literally increased the sales of the show by 10, get into the hype train while you can.

But she's gone now and only lesbian rapist Aoi Yuuki is left.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

>mangetsu
>hair pin is a full moon
>shingetsu
>hair pin is a crescent (new) moon

Anna carried Granbelm halfway, Suishou will carry it the rest of the way

New moon is not a crescent, but I appreciate that they tried.

Suishou will carry it for the next few episodes, until berserk Mango is revealed as the final villain.

>make the main character boring so people will root against her when she has to lose
Clever

Turns out anons' predictions about the Tarot reading were pretty much spot on. That is, if we assume they read Anna's fortune. The Nothingness card and its connection to Mango's dream leads me to think there may be some connection with her as well.

Attached: ep6 - tarot cards.png (1264x644, 98K)

Will Suishou's mech transform like Nene's?
>rapist Aoi Yuuki
That's redundant

Or it can be a fucking nothing again. Fuck tarot.

Attached: 1416056572576.jpg (1080x720, 412K)

First pic is Shingetsu's current crest. The second pic is the crest in the OP. It's clearly an evolution of the first one.

Does this mean Shingetsu is gonna evolve?

Attached: chinko-crest-evolution.jpg (927x1207, 185K)

But how can she evolve any further when her name already starts with Shin?

>anna's "death" helps lead into how mango is how she is as a """mage"""

Attached: bullshit.jpg (570x558, 87K)

Shingetsu Z

Majingetsu Z.

The yellow light, what could it possibly be..?

Attached: 1540170858212.jpg (1280x720, 424K)

So there's a second Moai at magicunt?

It is the REAL PERSON that controls the shell of a human that is mangetsu.

So, any ideas why the crest is different?

Oh shit, I didn't realize that. That probably means then that the one in Manko's eye here is her evolved crest.

Attached: 1541340328317.png (1112x795, 143K)

Oh you're right. It's different too.

>There is nothing really interesting about Anna

She's interesting for the whole series.

That Drosselmeyer guy really grinds my gears.

The battle cleared away some doubts
She gets more stressed and doubts
She takes Anna's gem, the one that is slightly bigger than hers
Magi blesses her withmore power since she won

She is fun to watch, but I wouldn't call her character interesting. She is just mad.

I guess that solves the mystery. The crest changes when they go into super mode / stage2 or whatever you want to call it.

I guess Shingetsu will do it too at some point.

What did she mean by this

Attached: Screenshot_12.jpg (672x534, 23K)

That makes sense. I wonder if the change in the crest means something.

Mangetsu's crest grows a longer spike, and her stage 2 gains a huge beam sword. It looks like Shingetsu's crest gains wings.

What if Magicockanut is just a yurifag and that's why stuff like this keeps happening?

Attached: Granbelm.webm (1280x720, 349K)

All hail Magicockona.

She sustained some admeji

This one makes sense

Attached: Screenshot_12.jpg (914x578, 50K)

Oh you're right, I'm just retarded and confused the runes for A and D

How did Neon even manage to bug Manny's mech? Aren't they like garaged in outer dimension or something?

Attached: Screenshot_13.jpg (1646x919, 142K)

It's going to be a magic blonde loli with a witch hat that has a girl boner for Shingetsu who is a yamato nadeshiko.

Attached: y n.jpg (1500x923, 107K)

A holocaust button?

LEAVE MANGO ALONE!

In this shot you can see both versions of the crest

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Granbelm - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_00_20_22.597.jpg (1920x1080, 258K)

she lacks a goal but has a chance to not be a part of the background anymore, that chance is her everything right now and i want to see her turning onto Ernesta once the moment her big chance to be someone is at risk again (since her wish is to get rid of this special thing forever), she already pulled it on an opponent but doing it to her fiend will be savage

Also maybe worth noting that the magic she's using to summon her beam saber lacks the distinct mechanical elements present in every other sort of magic circle that has been shown so far

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Granbelm - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_00_20_24.975.jpg (1920x1080, 268K)

It doesn't have any similarities to Madoka in any way at all

she wasn't unconsciously doing that, she was DESPERATE, much more than Anna was for example, if she lost, that was the end of her 15 minutes of fame, an she does not want that, which probably will be the turning point at the end

I can't help but think the tall tale Nene's mum said about magic abuse is going to play out into the whole reason for magic being banned, why Granbelm is being done and magiccunt's actual nature.
Maybe I'm climbing up the wrong tree

But they do show up a bit later, though I feel like they look different

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Granbelm - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_00_21_09.519.jpg (1920x1080, 282K)

Magic was hell energy all along and ERNESTA was secretly Doomguy while Mangetsu is secretly Samuel Hayden?

Another shot of that magic ring

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Granbelm - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_00_21_03.263.jpg (1920x1080, 365K)

And this is what it looked like when Magic Coconuts succed 0 yen girl

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Granbelm - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_00_22_04.324.jpg (1920x1080, 317K)

>Anna was Spanish
So that's why she's so fucking melodramatic, her family situation is based of of a telenovela plot.

Oh, Ernesta also has it
Maybe it's just nothing then

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Granbelm - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_00_05_08.767.jpg (1920x1080, 332K)

>burger is the first to get eliminated off screen

If 0 yen girl was American, then that means Mangetsu is Europe. Didn't even notice 0 yen girl had an English mech name too.

And her magic circle makes up half of the one in the OP if that wasn't already obvious

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Granbelm - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_00_02_20.849.jpg (1920x1080, 366K)

The other half is Ernesta's.

The interesting part is Enesta's is the pink one while Mango's in the violet one.

>Anna possibly dead, Anna mother in a permanent coma
>Anna sister is now alone with no family or friends
>She is alone, scared and mistrusted because a Ernesta promised her Anna would come home and the family will be whole once again.

If this holds up through the end I will shed a few tears for Anna sister and feel anger of Ernesta for being a family wrecker.

Attached: manko-chinko.jpg (1888x2092, 466K)

>a show most people ignored does something cool and gathers some attention
>threads go to shit
How many times have we seen this?

Too many.

Too bad it's too late and implausible for her sister to jump into a mecha and take up her sister's mantle

>a show most people ignored does something cool and gathers some attention
It's still mostly dead though.

Fucking secondaries

Ernesta probably sealed Anna soul and body into that blue orb until the Granbelm tournament was over. I hope this was a last ditch effort for Ernesta to save Anna from certain doom.

Fugo family has no magic whatsoever it would be an miracle that Anna sister with a little magic left can use revenge as an motivation to kill Ernesta.

She will just kill Ernesta outside of the magical mecha game.

>mangetsu my sister is suffering from a horrible curse and the only way to lift it is for me to win the Granbelm. Please help me win so that I can stop her suffering
>nah lol

>implying q-on won't get bitchslapped by sukumizu and won't even reach mangusta

She won't. Ernesta will wound her or be in a coma like her and possibly Anna too.

Good girls wouldn't do that.

Sometimes you just have to become a bad girl for a good cause.

Good girls don't share genetic material with Anna.

Imagine working so hard to defend a giga-flop on par with that Takahiro spy girl show.

How old is Sushi supposed to be?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Granbelm - 07 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_00_24_11.410.jpg (1920x1080, 278K)

The same age as Aoi Yuuki

Why? Aren't you this show get more attention? I'm happy.

Attached: goodbyejojo.jpg (1366x768, 175K)

>Didn't even notice 0 yen girl had an English mech name too.
What was it again? It had a cute design

Attached: mechs.jpg (1920x7560, 1.41M)

What if TATAKAE WA NEVER END

Attached: zo1.jpg (500x500, 50K)

It's an obvious Mai-Hime reset end like 90% of these cute girl Battle Royale shows get.

I know this term gets thrown around a lot these days, but those mech logos are really overdesigned.

Slightly more bearable version

Attached: mechs.jpg (3840x1080, 543K)

They seem to be the biggest versions of their respective magic circles, pic related

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Granbelm - 07 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_00_14_38.170.jpg (1920x1080, 335K)

>It's an obvious Mai-Hime reset end like 90% of these cute girl Battle Royale shows get.

I don't think Granbelm is gonna get an actual reset end.

She has the same white end in her hair as Manko

Are were going to Evangelion endgame here.

More importantly where's the merchandise?

IIIIIZAAAYAAAAA

Attached: bbcbdbb4517bc295d83ec6cdfec067b7.jpg (499x280, 17K)

>雪月
>SETSGETS
Why. They didn't romanize the main characters as MANGETS and SHINGETS.

It's an acronym

They both have the same green eyes too.

I can't believe Suishou was a teen mother

The speculation that Manko and Sushi are Princeps from previous Granbowls gains ground.

Attached: illust_17630334_20190821_102055.jpg (2400x800, 1.24M)

Madoka is missing an Ouja, that's why it's lacking

Petty, realistic motivations are the best though.

They are. I like that Mangetsu kid she smells of tragedy and future regrets.

Mangetsu (the strongest) can do lots of cool things.
>make many sandwiches at an incredibly high speed
>has fun beating up people who just want their wishes to come true
>isn't held back by some silly concept of "wishes" she just fights because it's fun
>crushes the dreams of dozens of other girls
>doesn't even have to try, has hidden God Mode up her sleeve if anything remotely challenging comes her way
>pees all over hard work and guts, those are for fags anyways
>showed up one day and has the 2nd strongest girl eating out of her panties already
>will walk up to the Magicunt on a red carpet made out of Anna's hair

But then who was Odin?

A dream come true for retarded edgefags.

Manko doesn’t remember anything though, shishou might actually be hundreds of years old and wished for eternal youth.
She is mangetsu’s blood related ancestor.

>Manko doesn’t remember anything though
She could have erased her own memory for some reason.

Mangetsu is probably not even related to Kibou's family. Her family is probably brainwashed to think she does. And the way she entered the granbowl was all kind of weird too. It's like she doesn't belong to this time frame at all.

That might just be a metaphor for the fact that she is gifted. It doesn't necessarily have to be taken literally.

I think it's literal. They keep hinting that the Magiaconatus has its own will after all.

>muh mana chosen ones boogeyman
Next you’ll tell me magic doesn’t exist.

>she murders or nearly murders shingetsu over muh uniqueness

Attached: Iván_el_Terrible_y_su_hijo,_por_Iliá_Repin.jpg (2023x1589, 2.29M)

Sounds fun.

>mangetsu is magiconatus
>magiconatus loves shingetsu

For?

Penis

>ernesta figuratively AND literally stabbed anna in the back and tore her heart out

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Granbelm - 07 [720p].mkv_snapshot_18.19_[2019.08.17_13.10.47].jpg (1280x720, 392K)

Anna was right about her.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Granbelm - 03 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00.04.27_[2019.07.23_15.36.43]09.jpg (1280x720, 178K)

Mongo's little rump.

IMEEJI SHIRO

If Mangetsu becomes Princeps, couldn't she just cure Kuon's sister anyway?

For all we know she could break the curse right now. She just hasn't tried.

Thing is, Mangetsu is too OP to win. Clearly there's a twist waiting to happen that would prevent her from winning, like she's a previous Princeps or Magiaconatus itself.

Winning will either delete her existence or delete Shingetsu's existence and rewrite reality as if they never existed.

水晶と戦う満月と九音は、水晶の不気味な雰囲気に押され、苦戦するも切り抜ける。
新月の家で目を覚ました満月は、寧々からのメッセージに気づき、家を訪ねる。
昨夜の戦いを振り返るも、寧々からアンナについての記憶が消えてしまっていた。
違和感を覚えた新月たちは急いでフーゴ家に向かうのだが…。

>Anna literally removed from existence

The point of this anime is about red haired autistic girl shouting about Ernesta. I like her.

>Memory of Anna disappeared from Nenene.
So what, her existence vanished or something?

Attached: 03-2-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 46K)

ERNESTA

>Ruin the psyche of your step sister, murder her and erase her from existence

Shitgetsu truly a demon, will she off herself?

Attached: mpv-shot0032.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

Suicide by Mangetsu.

Attached: 01-2.jpg (1920x1080, 700K)

Attached: 02-2.jpg (1920x1080, 572K)

Attached: 03-2.jpg (1920x1080, 508K)

Attached: 04-2.jpg (1920x1080, 709K)

Backgrounds are cuter than Mangusta.

Attached: 05-2.jpg (1920x1080, 586K)

Attached: 06-2.jpg (1920x1080, 750K)

I can't wait.

How old is this perv?

Spoiler edit?

FUCK Ernesta and FUCK Fuugo-okaasan,

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Granbelm - 04 [720p].mkv_snapshot_12.08_[2019.07.27_11.27.08].jpg (1280x720, 317K)

Only if I get to fuck Anna after.

Attached: ECbAnoGXsAUBCyl.jpg (1869x1309, 622K)

Attached: ECa_bg7VUAAxS13.jpg (566x800, 78K)

Are they typecasting Aoi Yuuki as evil hags now?

Attached: ECeHUFYUEAMKQ8E.jpg (2009x1526, 472K)

Attached: ECeHUFbU4AU-973.jpg (2009x1526, 762K)

Slut eyes Shingetsu.

I'd sample her if you know what I mean.

But user, she's probably inbred and a lesbian.

This just makes me harder.

>probably
definitely

I'm glad they went with the magic puppet strings design instead.

It's the superior choice.

Attached: vlcsnap-00009.png (1920x1090, 2.41M)

That explains why she's a dumb autist.

I miss Regalia.

You can't hug your loli in an armanox though.

Attached: [Merchant] Regalia - 13 [720p].mkv_snapshot_11.23_[2016.11.27_23.17.32].jpg (1280x720, 448K)

It seems the name of the Suishou's armanox weapon uses a Chinese only character for some reason.

>嫫母の 杖 (ばくぼのつえ)
>嫫

Rude. She's not dumb.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Granbelm - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_04.36_[2019.08.03_00.23.12].jpg (1280x720, 138K)

If she's so smart why can't she cure her sister?

Oh no. Mangusta wet the bed.

Attached: 2019_08_20_12.37.29.jpg (1920x2160, 1.29M)

Diaper fetishists are the worst.

Maybe Suishou is the real Chinese representative.

Chinks are all evil and disgusting so it fits.

Safer bet is chuuni.

>Why is the next Granbelm taking so long? Can't wait to crush hopes and dreams left and right.

Chuuni chink.

Attached: same energy.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

ERNESTA is not nearly as autistic as Hikaretard.

I'm going to guess because Anna rammed the crystal into her chest, when it's magic got sucked up by Magicoitus her existence got sucked up too.

Hikari autism doesn't destroy families

Only because Mahiru is a freak.

Nenene's Mom trade her weapon for memory wipe curse

Thats what happens when you die in Granbelm? Holy fucking based.

Well I guess that's an easy way to avoid dealing with her mom and sister's reaction to her death.

>Annafags coping from death route
>Got wiped cleaned instead
Glorious kek

At least one person will remember her.

I love Anna

You're not a person.
But I'm being serious, one character will remember her, I'm sure of it.

Fuck off Mangetsu

I'm pretty sure everyone still in granbelm remembers her

For now

Magiaconatus really likes Shingetsu, it solved all her problems for her.

I hope I will be remembered by someone. Anyone will do.
I am a magician, Anna Fugo.

I can see it now, Mangetsu beats Shingetsu and becomes Princes, erasing her memory of Anna, so she'll just go back to the Fugo house and live happily.

I knew it, it was Ernesta's plot all along to completely take Anna's place in her family, someone needs to stop this demon.

Original mecha Anime sustain me.

I wish Anna is still alive. Imagine the scream fest when she founds out her family already forgotten her

Reminder that Mango is immune to memory wipes.

So this is GRANBELM

>suishou
>水晶
>Noun 1. (rock) crystal;
>same eye color, hair highlights and magic crystal color as mango
What did they mean by this

She fucked her mom and sister.

And what is the source for this?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Granbelm - 04 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00.11.53_[2019.07.28_01.02.13]28.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

granbelm.com/story/

Translate it, weebs.

If Anna is erased from the non-Granbelm world, I think that pretty much confirms we're going to get a "reset the timeline" type ending. Probably one where Mangetsu and Shingetsu remove themselves from the timeline since they seem to be the odd ones out.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Granbelm - 06 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00.05_[2019.08.10_12.13.20].jpg (1280x720, 362K)

>suishou fights manko and kuon, nothing interesting happens
>irrelevant shit
>nene has no memory of anna
>shingetsu and the others feel something is off so they hurry to fugo's household, but...

And again they wake up at shingetsu's place for some reason.

Are you stupid?

Mangetsu is Magiacoctus LARPING.

>Anna literally removed from existence
>ERNESTAAAAAA screaming never existed
It's not fair

Attached: 1565390759443.png (1280x720, 877K)

I wish this show had more exciting characters like Wixoss or Mai-Hime.

Just started it and finished episode 6, holy shit I fucking love Anna
>ERUNESUTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: Screenshot_20190821-151310.jpg (1920x1200, 613K)

I love Anna's nose.

Anna is very exciting and excited.

user how did you post a blank image?

>You're not meant to find her relatable. You're meant to slowly get the suspicion that something is horribly wrong with her.
I want to believe that's where they are going with this. But at the same time, I would honestly be surprised if the show ends up being that clever.

who

She was the only character that wasn't absolutely boring and a) now she is gone, b) mostly carried by Yoko Hikasa in comparison to Akilucky or Nao and Shizuru.

Why does the blue hair girl have a red hair mom and imouto guys?

>Manko and Chinko removes themselves from the world
>Anna forcefully brings them back through sheer anger

It's weird, but even though she went completely off the deep end, I was honestly kind of rooting for Anna in the last fight. Maybe it's just the fact that it's much easier to root for the underdog, I kind of wanted her to get some validation and show everybody that they were wrong to step on her dreams without even asking her.

A shame she lost, honestly. Even though she does seem to have pretty much broken Ernesta in the process.

I didn't know Hikasa vocied anyone in this show, can't see anything on the cast list

MNGTS will beat SHNGTS and trap her inside Magiacontus where she'll wrestle with Anna for eternity.

She feels like an actual character, as opposed to the "I just win" main duo.

I honestly feel most of the cast are easier to root for than the two leads. Nene is cute and has a fun relationships with her sister. Kuon has a ridiculously good reason for wanting to win. And even Suishou is a much more fun character just because of how blatantly she's enjoying everything.

Exactly, it's often the case that the main character has a weak personality and acts as the "glue" that brings the cast together. It was kinda like that in Mai-HiME too. But here, the Getsus are just non-characters. You can't root for them because there's nothing to root for.

How are we supposed to root for MC when Ernesta will say that she will try to win to fix everything but Manko won't let her?

Mai in Mai-Hime was a pile of suffering that was slowly losing everything and everyone she cared about, she was at least easy to root for.

>They don't root for Mangetsu

I can kind of sympathize with Mangetsu, just because I do understand her desire to be special. But that still doesn't exactly make her all that easy to root for considering she has easily the least amount of stakes in this conflict. There isn't even anything to indicate this is the only shot she will ever have at winning or making something of her life, considering she is by all accounts a very skilled mage.

As for Ernesta, her goals, general dislike of magic and magecraft, and inability to understand why Anna hates her so much just make her kind of unlikeable. Like, her motivation would make sense if Granbelm was some kind of Holy Grail War "battle to the death" tournament with massive casualties. But, with the possible exception of Anna, nobody actually dies. The only problems Granbelm seems to cause are emotional ones, most of which aren't any worse than your average football tournament.

Attached: me.jpg (1200x675, 61K)

>you see how she became deranged
>a lot of focus in the series prior to the final fight
>screaming determination
>won't go down easy
>trying her hardest while her opponent's just reacting while acting assured of their win
>fight's the best animated one in the show so far
If the protag/antag role was swapped, it would be a midseason fight where the hero gets a power boost while still losing to the rival and gets incapacitated for a bit.
Because Ernesta getting screwed over is a win for [REDACTED]
>inability to understand why Anna hates her
Is it really an inability? I just think she's too blunt. Hell she pretty much does at least understand since she bailed from the family prior to the series start + tried (and failed) to talk down Anna in ep 6

Attached: 378589feaeeda10618c3e26c319dbcf660d08d44r1-2048-1495v2_hq.jpg (1024x747, 87K)

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm35476974

Shingetsu understands why Anna hates her just fine, she is just too afraid to do anything about it.

Remember who?

>Is it really an inability?
The fact that she keeps trying to throw it in Anna's face how much stronger she is and how she should just give up, when that is more or less the entire reason this mess started, does seem to indicate that it is a inability.

If that is the case, then what she is trying to do really doesn't help. If anything, it only caused the situation to escalate to the point that it did.

Please be patient, she has autism.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Granbelm - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_14.14_[2019.08.18_09.10.56].jpg (1280x720, 122K)

>If the protag/antag role was swapped, it would be a midseason fight where the hero gets a power boost while still losing to the rival and gets incapacitated for a bit.
Literally this. It's pretty rare to have a show where the villain is trying her absolute hardest to win, while the hero is just kind of winning it due to her immense power.

Wait, Nothingness is in the Osho Zen deck, right? Does that have the Tower in there?

test

I'd say that straight off the bat like this, it's somewhat rare, but then say if the two are around equal positions and then the protag's power makes a gap earlier on that rival can't really hit no matter what is less so.

Attached: cap_MS_ZETA_Gundam_-_Ep._36_-_Forever_Four_720p_DUAL_Audio_00.jpg (960x720, 116K)

That's why I say why she's a coward. She keeps doing stuff that won't help the situation, because she's afraid that actually fixing the situation will cause Anna to get hurt and her to be hated.

I don't think it's that uncommon

Attached: 1565485588658.jpg (1920x1080, 267K)

>The Mangetsu/Shingetsu hater is back again

Who is Anna?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Granbelm - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00.19.16_[2019.07.06_18.19.38]07.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

A true hero.

New Mai Hime series when?

I'm going to miss Yoko Hikasa blowing her lungs out every episode with increasingly incoherent shouting.

20005, they said so in the trailer.

Now smug Aoi black mailing young girls into sex will have to replace it.

It's also rare to have a protagonist favor their own desires over other's, especially in a magical girls show.

Anna's sister or Ernesta?

Take this as a grain of salt but Sunrise wants to revist the franchise again.

Finished the last one, I wish I started this earlier. I'm going to check the archives for the reactions but holy shit I felt bad for Anna losing. Also is it me or the protagonist can ended up being a yandere?

Attached: Screenshot_20190821-171022.jpg (1920x1200, 835K)

Mangetsu will become sympathetic when it's revealed that she's not a real person and is only a dream conjured by Magiaconatus and dead magi of the past and that ending the cycle of Granbelm and magic will stop her existing.

youtube.com/watch?v=fzex3484-FE

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Granbelm - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_19.48_[2019.08.03_12.07.43].jpg (1280x720, 385K)

Her family 100% forgets her like she never existed. Maybe only the remaining granbowl fighters will the memory.

>Mangetsu will become sympathetic
It's too late, I already got too bored of her being her useless unlosing self for too long.

Holy shit dont tell me she got erased? That makes me dislike Shingetsu a little and her oh I'm so tired of being so powerful and loved certainly didn't help
Also why is her sister still so little? Will she be a powerful mage?

Attached: Screenshot_20190821-170847.jpg (1920x1200, 1.01M)

It also didn't help that the entire battle Shingetsu wasn't even mildly challenged by Anna and boringly dancing around all her desperation moves like Steven Seagal. Shingetsu would likely be a lot more sympathetic if in that fight we had actually seen her struggling for the first time instead of it being the same garbage as always.

Hey, she had to summon a familiar.

>Also why is her sister still so little?
Female gymnasts tend to be small

I wouldn't be surprised for a reset end to all of this.

Anna will return back where she was truly happy.

Shingetsu should have just trashed that other girl at the beginning. Then maybe we can remember who that other girl is.

Is Shishou the TRUE final boss?

Her little sister probably won't.

Yeah, Shingetsu was pretty stupid during that fight. Anna actually did pretty well and Shingetsu backstabbed her
Yeah and she was like "meh I guess I have to use it, congrats I guess"

seeI want to believe.

I miss Star Driver.

I don't. I have no idea how I managed to sit through it, it was like watching the exact same episode 25 times.

Nah Anna's sister will remember her thus motivate her on creating her own to become a mage.

In Star Driver the villains could fight infinitely while the hero, while immensely powerful, could not afford to lose even 1 time. It was a problem because it made it so Takuto could never lose but it was a risk unique to him while the antagonists didn't have the same risk.
In Granbelm everyone has the same risk, you lose once and you're out, but the protagonists are just much stronger anyway.

Attached: 1565777162758.gif (360x360, 1.1M)

I mean, in Star Driver the whole thing was justAkira Dadshida's plan because he needed everyone else to lose so he could awaken the King and the mind controlling Cybody,

Her mother is in coma so there won't be any drama if the only person who forgets her is her butler.

Anna's mother remind her she is weak was too mean, that didn't help Anna

I agree that Ernesta should have been kicked around a bit during the last episode and it really had my eyes rolling that after Anna had stabbed her mom, transcended human limits, burned down her life force and went beyond death itself for power Ernesta didn't give a single shit and seemed bored. She might as well have said "pssssh, nothin personnel."
I know people will defend it by saying "well she's just THAT strong, she's supposed to be just that overpowering" but it was very tiresome to watch.

Attached: your fists will never reach me.png (688x752, 800K)

>aaah? Why would I let you remove magic when it gives me so much dopamine??

Attached: 1566063468758.jpg (1920x1080, 107K)

Why should anyone coddle Anna? If anything, she got as crazy as she did because they pampered her for too long. They should have told her she was weak as shit years ago.

If Ernesta struggled against Anna, she wouldn't be serious contender for the Granbowl.

If they were going to coddle her for years they probably should not have told her she always sucked and can never win when there's five people left in the tournament and she has been fighting for the better part of a year already and managed to hang on.

Yes she would, because Anna was using a fuckhuge magic stone to pull the magic equivalent of taking whole bottles of meth to the point where her body couldn't take it and she was going to die no matter what after the battle. And all that merited in response was the equivalent of some bored magic judo throws? Get the fuck out of here.

This, give her the fugo stone, cheer for her and comfort her when she loses. Anna's mom was an asshole, hope that hag dies

Attached: 1566100434438.png (1536x864, 1.39M)

Sure, but it was the mother who decided to keep that a secret. Retards forget when Shingetsu decided to tell Anna the truth, she had to ask her mother to let her do so.

What happened to Anna was mostly her mother's fault, not Shingetsu. It was the mother who decided to make Shingetsu the heir, which enraged Anna and forced Shingetsu to leave the family and live on her own who knows how many years. And it was also the mother who didn't want to reveal the truth to Anna.

>Anna was using a fuckhuge magic stone
Even then, it's clear Mango and Sushi are way stronger. If Shingetsu struggled against her, she wouldn't be a credible contender from here on.

Shingetsu Defense Force has arrived.

That's more a symptom of bad writing in making Mangetsu too strong.

Anna Defense Force has arrived.

>Isn't the sex good enough?
>Do you remember that I fell asleep mid way through, right? Shisui is better, but after crushing her dream I can't get her in my bed anymore.

Anna's mother being a fuckup doesn't make Ernesta any less boring.

I don't disagree with that. But it's what we got and now the writers have to deal with it.

Anna just needed a good spanking and anal fisting from the butler.

>Nobody finds it weird that Nenene is practically a grown woman whose best friend is an elementary schooler

They find it hot.

She didn't ask to be special, she loathed that about herself and even ran away. Magic probably also fucked her real family but we still need to see what happened to them.

I would be Nenene's friend.

You're not supposed to use a family stone in granbowl, it's borderline illegal and has huge consequences.

There was supposed to be a potentially deadly risk to repairing cybodies and challenging the GINGA BISHOUNEN again but the writer deemed it unnecessary as soon as the episode it was introduced since it was never once relevant

Well, there weren't that many Cybody repairs. Only the lesbians and the pink haired petite girl.

It borders on Dragon Ball tier "My MMO stat is stronger than your MMO stat" levels of effortless. I mean, I get that the whole idea is supposed to be that much better at magic. But there has to be a better way to show that.

Fuck ernesta

Gladly.

I honestly don't get why she's supposed to be that weak at magecraft anyway. She seems to be capable enough by the standards of literally everybody that is not the two protagonists. Both of which are stupidly broken.

>Magic probably also fucked her real family but we still need to see what happened to them.
I hope so. Because at the moment her reasons for disliking magic are incredibly pathetic at best, downright vindictive at worst.

She only did it with the help of 0Yen and Suishi fighting for her.

>Jobber and obvious evil girl that couldn't care less about her.
I doubt either one could have carried her that hard unless every other contestant was even more incompetent.

So far in every fight where Suishou and Anna are together, Suishou has left Anna all the fuck by herself. Anna even complained about it. Suishou was never really doing shit for her. Anna survived on her own merit and determination this far. She couldn't have just lucked her way there.
I'm just going to blame shitty writing that decided to start the show at the end of the tournament.

Suisho also protected Mango from zero yen by pretending to be clumsy, she is the ultimate keikaku doori.

Anna was too autistic and never fought anyone else except Shingestu who was going easy on her every time. Her disciples defeated other opponents. They said it's possible she had more disciples in the past who lost already.

>Suishou has left Anna
Left to fight with other opponents who wouldn't get easy on Anna's ass like Shingetsu.

Yeah, unlike Rosa she didn't seem surprised by Manko and didn't try to catch her and even got in the way, then ran away from the Nenenenuke before the future blast could catch her.

That seems extremely unlikely. Even if we assume that 1: Jobber and obviously evil girl weren't her only disciples. 2: Those people did 99% of the actual work necessary to make it to the finale. Then that means Anna managed to somehow recruit several dozen mages to her side, and none of her opponents tried to take out the leader of such a large coalition.

Well its something ive read here Yea Forums but some user said that the author confirmed that Anna was good fighter but that Shingestu is just notch above everyone else

Because the leader was fighting Shingetsu all the time, and at this point is clear everyone but Anna knew Shingetsu was fucking strong.

In other words, it was thanks to her disciples and Shingetsu that Anna got this far.

>a notch
lol

I wouldn't take that literally. Kuon fought Anna for a little while and completely overwhelmed her. I think Anna got just lucky all this time but she's pretty weak.

>her reasons for disliking magic are incredibly pathetic at best, downright vindictive at worst.
What's the reasons again?

Rosa was not a jobber, she was one of the finalists who survived for a year and only lost to the overpowered Manko.

Yes, they said she was decent and better than average just like every other participant chosen by the magiathing but still worse than Shinko so it doesn't matter because only 1 mage can win so her mother didn't want her to lose and suffer.

If she's fighting somebody that is the fucking strong in the eye of everybody. That's even more of a reason to try and eliminate her while she's busy fighting that super strong person and dismantle her entire alliance. Literally the only way this makes sense is if you assume that every other mage that lost offscreen was a complete idiot.

>Rosa was not a jobber
She ran away from a 1 on 1 battle with Shingetsu though.

>Rosa was not a jobber, she was one of the finalists who survived for a year and only lost to the overpowered Manko.
Do you realise what the jobber means in a story? It's somewhat who loses to show that a (new) character is strong.

>run away in a 1v1 with the biggest op shitter in the tournament
>evidence of being bad

No idea. If think it's because she believes the existence of magic and Granbelm causes suffering to people. But we have yet to see any evidence of this outside of Anna, which was mostly her fault.

Picture of Rosa during EP1, to this day she still doesnt know what hit her.

Attached: file.png (852x480, 223K)

>which was mostly her mother's fault
Fixed.

We were talking powerlevels and who carried Anna it doesn't matter that she lost to op protag, that doesn't make her weak per se.

>Imagine trying to utterly crush your daughters only dream just because you think she would be kind of sad if she lost a tournament.
Mother of the year!

At least she's hot, the mom.

Powerlevels are fucking stupid and literally never matter.
Or are you one of the people mad that Gil loses every time

It doesn't necessarily make her weak, but it does still make her a jobber whose only actual story accomplishment was getting her ass kicked.

Both people made a huge mistake. The mother was worse, certainly. But only because she's a grown adult.

Honestly, it's almost kind of baffling that she's portrayed so sympathetically. When her actions and the damage they cause wouldn't be out of place in the nasuverse.

Her story accomplishment was surviving for a year in granbowl that had many more opponents at first, the same achievement that oh so powerful Anna had.

Well, according to Rosa herself, Anna was weak.

Attached: sshot-035.png (1581x880, 1.43M)

Rosa is spiteful piece of trash and anything she said must be taken with a pinch of salt, at best.

If you think about the entire picture, she comes off as extremely sympathetic. Think about it, Chinko lost her family, and her home is shown completely destroyed so whatever happened to them wasn't pretty. Then she's picked up by the Fugo family. It's her chance to live a normal life again and she's super good friends with Anna too. But the mother had the stupid idea of naming her the heir of the family. That completely fucked everything up for Chinko. Suddenly her beloved Anna was angry and mad at her for a decision she didn't make. Let's say she was 10 years old back then. What was she supposed do. She must have been overwhelmed by the whole thing and ran away. I think it's what everyone in her shoes at that age would have done.

When she and Anna met again, Anna was already crazy beyond repair. She must have accumulated resentment and hate over the years on her own.

>your daughters only dream
Parents do that all the time, but if anything magic's a mistake considering the circumstances

That accomplishment is completely offscreen. It doesn't really amount to anything in practise.

If she's so weak then why didn't Rosa just fuck her up

So is Anna reaching top5. She didn't defeat anyone on screen and her only accomplishments are autistic fits, getting her ass kicked repeatedly and fucking literally dying.

She is pretty sympathetic if you view the big picture. But, like I said here , I just find her kind of unlikeable.

I agree her mother fucked up, but how is that the fault of magic as a concept?

Because fighting as a team was easier, not doubt.

Anna at least put up a better fight. She lost in the end, but she did get very close to taking down Ernesta through skill and cunning. Rosa did basically nothing expect getting her ass kicked by the overpowered MC to establish she was overpowered.

A jobber is someone who loses to someone he should be able to beat, fuck of with that Yea Forums definition.

Everyone forgets Shingetsu said that the bigger the magic stone is the bigger the kickback.
Anna got stronger but Shingetsu just dodged while Anna fucked herself over.

>how is that the fault of magic as a concept?
Show me anything positive magic has done in the show? We're even told magic was sealed because humans almost fucked themselves up with it. And Chinko literally said magic changes fate itself, warping the normal path things should take.

>but how is that the fault of magic as a concept?
Magic as a concept doesn't seem to be good if you're getting shit such as curses and devastating enough wars that people had to seal off most, if not all of magic instead of making some sort of MAD deal and silly interfamily politics due to regressing magic genes all for some mecha battle royal

>A jobber is someone who loses to someone he should be able to beat, fuck of with that Yea Forums definition.
But that's wrong you fucking retarded. The term literally comes from wrestlers that regularly lose "matches" to hype up their opponent.

>terms stay the same
Characters that are not introduced also job so that already destroys that definition.

Did they really think it would make Shingetsu look good to have her yawn through the biggest fight in the show while her opponent was literally giving 200%?

>Characters that are not introduced also job
How the fuck can you job when you haven't been introduced?

Maybe we're meant to form a negative opinion of the getsus, so the moment they lose their plot armor will be even more pleasant to watch. Or something.

For starters, it's awesome and fun. Even the protagonist thinks as much. More than that, it's also really useful as a skill to have and could be put to good use for a wide variety of occupations. Sure, you could use it for evil if you wanted. But that's true for basically any human invention. And in the actual story, the only damage it seems to cause is purely emotional.

It's like arguing we shouldn't use electricity just because people use it to build really strong weapons.

By losing to somebody you should have been able to beat.

The whole thing is that Shingetsu never asked to be strong.

By having a typical strongman design and then losing easily to the one you're jobbing for.

Electricity doesn't change fate, dude. Chinko explained what's the deal with magic when she made the flower bloom. The flower blooming looked pretty, but it meant the flower would not bloom normally on its own anymore. Its fate had been warped. It's easy to see how that's extremely dangerous, specially at a bigger scale. No one has the right to change the fate of things. It's too much power for anyone to have.

>It sucks that i'm incredibly talented at being able to make reality a bitch. So i'm going to DESTROY ALL MAGIC FOREVER!
What the fuck kind of motivation even this? And why is she not the main villain?

By what definition "should be ale to beat"?
Do you call the USA withdrawing from Vietnam jobbing?
I wouldn't call that "before being introduced"

Changing fate can be dangerous, but I don't think it's anymore dangerous than nuclear energy, electricity, or even fire.

I mean, humanity literally breeds plants and animals in such a way that they become completely dependent on us. Making things grow in a way that suits us isn't something we can't already do.

Shingetsu did nothing wrong.

Attached: wrong.png (1798x568, 574K)

Well, yeah. But that's only because she hasn't gotten a chance to crush the dream of every single mage still alive at the same time and ruining humanities potential to control the fabric of the universe.

Nah, it's way too dangerous. It's basically the godly power of being able to reshape reality. You can't trust anyone with that kinda of power. It's too much power for humans to have. That's all there is to it.

Humans can already reshape reality at the press of a button. We could wipe out almost all life on the planet if we seriously tried. Pretending magic is worse than the science we currently have, let alone the science we're going to have, is just dumb.

>And in the actual story, the only damage it seems to cause is purely emotional.
Outside of magnetic field manipulation allowing some form of magic, everything's stuck within just a regulated form
>It's like arguing we shouldn't use electricity just because people use it to build really strong weapons.
There has to be a reason that those mages sealed things off, militarised costs must've overridden the benevolent boons
I can only think of them being set as a hypeman (you can't beat x, x is the strongest, x did that, xi is known by this title) by other characters before they appear onscreen for the first ever fight and lose cleanly

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Let's wait and see how the show is gonna handle it.

*lose cleanly/ through a close fight

>There has to be a reason that those mages sealed things off, militarised costs must've overridden the benevolent boons
I'm sure they sealed it away because it was pretty bad back then. But humanity can handle it just fine nowadays. Or at least, well enough that it won't cause any massive destruction like it used to.

>Humans can already reshape reality at the press of a button.
Not little kids though. Here you would let a little kid have the power of a god. No matter how you look at it, it's not a good idea at all.

I mean, they might pull a Fate Stay Night twist and have all of Granbelm be corrupted and evil. I hope so, because I don't think there is a way to redeem Ernesta as a character without something like that.

That's why you have a school for the little bastards. Wizards in the Harry Potter Universe figured this out decades ago. And the Harry Potter universe is fucking shit, both literally and figuratively.

>Do you call the USA withdrawing from Vietnam jobbing?
Yeah that actually was jobbing. The US was shitting on Vietnam but the war was lost from hippies bitching at senators and congressmen back home and manipulating the public with fake news. The US got a treaty signed, then the Cong reneged and the US couldn't do anything about it because of hippie whining.

>But humanity can handle it just fine nowadays
You're fucking delusional, man. The world is a shithole.

It's a shithole. But despite having the power to do so, we haven't yet blown each other into oblivion with nukes. And, by all accounts, we probably won't before climate change finally kills enough people for humanity to get its act together.

>Harry Potter universe is fucking shit
That's pretty much the only thing we can agree on.

There is a fragile balance preventing the biggest tragedy, but we still kill each other in great numbers every day. If anything, that proves how we can't be trusted with power. We are far far away from becoming capable of handling power without killing each other.

>he believes in climate change

>he missed the literal small ice age in the 16th/17th century

Again, we already have a power equal to magic without blowing ourselves into oblivion.

And you do not? Wow, what a idiot.

It's called Climate COOLING okay?

>Again, we already have a power equal to magic without blowing ourselves into oblivion.
And again, we still kill each other all the same. Just because we don't completely destroy the world doesn't mean we're using that power wisely.

I don't want to go full /pol/ in a Granbelm thread but you should actually research the concept of anthropogenic global warming better before you get depressed about how we're all going to end the world in a Day After Tomorrow scenario. Much of the research bitching about how humans are going to end it all unless we stop using air conditioning is falsified, like the infamous hockey stick graph which is now widely considered to be total bullshit yet was instrumental in pushing the current panic. A lot of the research is politically motivated or deceptively presented/framed. The climate changes, but the impact of man in that change is severely overstated, or, at best, unknown.
Humans do incredibly little to affect the climate. At best we shift the temperature a single degree over a period of generations. The planet has undergone multiple warming and cooling cycles over its existence, because the planet has ways of regulating its own temperature. It is supreme hubris to believe the climate is in our power to the point where we can cause apocalyptic shifts.
People like you believe that we're all going to die because people don't want to install light rail. A single private jet flight taken by some rich fuck to shill environmentalism, ONE WAY, causes more carbon emissions than ten thousand cars and China opens a new coal mine every single day. Yet the doomsaying of the global warmists has not come to pass. When An Inconvenient Truth came out in the early 2000s we had 10 years left. They keep pushing it back and can't even say what's going to happen. And much of that documentary has been debunked.
Go look it up. Things are not as bad as you have been led to believe. To tie it back to Granbelm, great power can be handled responsibly and pessimism is little more than wanking, which is why Shingetsu wanting all magic eliminated because of her personal prejudices is so irritating.

>I don't want to go full /pol/
>goes full /pol/
Just go back

Èveryone with a brain know it is a scam. But thanks for your effort.

Earth is literally supposed to be hot you retard. There were once dry tropical savannas in fucking Oklahoma only 5 million years ago thats how much fucking hotter this rock was before the ice age.

This is all nonsense that goes anything what people that actually studied this have been saying for more than a century. Why the fuck should I take your word over people that actually know what they are talking about?

>Shingetsu wanting all magic eliminated because of her personal prejudices is so irritating
Humanity have already shown unable to make good use of magic in the past and had to seal it away. Shingetsu has that fact backing up her opinion. You can argue humans have changed, but that's a weak argument in the context of the show considering what they have shown.

All in all, it's better to just wait and see how the anime will handle this.

*Everybody without a brain thinks it's a scam.

>Earth is supposed to be hot.
>That somehow matters.
Imagine being this stupid.

The only time Earth was as cold as it was all the way back in the Ediacaran period, since the Cambrian this rock has been a hot ball where snow could never be found at the poles thats how fucking hot it was for literally hundreds of millions of years. The most common biome was rainforest for the majority of history its only recently they have been shrunken to the equatorial regions. The intense heat didnt bother most life because reptiles are cold blooded so they cant get heat strokes like us mammals who are constantly warm. Speaking of heat Anna is really hot.

I would say we are using most power wisely enough. Just because bad people use it to kill each other doesn't change the fact that the power itself is not evil.

>nothing ever changes, we should stop using magic because people didn't use it responsibly in medieval times
Maybe Shingetsu is a fucking retard.

I intend to. But I don't have much faith that the show is going to handle it well.

>just bad people doing bad things
You have a pretty innocent view of the world.

Okay Al gore.

>guy tells you to research it for yourself
>"what? but smart people said otherwise, why should I believe you?"

This is pure pseudo science based on speculation.

He is retarded, but believing we have 10 years to save the ice caps is also pseudoscience based on speculation so you are not much better

>guy tells you to research it for yourself
Please tell us how your personal research is superior to published scientific articles.
It's not even like getting published is hard but it's better than nothing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_forests_of_the_Cretaceous

There were once tropical trees on Greenland back in the Jurassic Period thats how fucking hot Earth used to be before Antarctica decided to be a queer and split from South America which set a chain of events that would lead to the ice age.

astrobio.net/geology/how-hot-was-the-eocene-earth/

If they were good people, then they wouldn't be doing bad things.

Are you seriously incapable of doing any kind of research for yourself and you just want other people to tell you what to think? You are fucking depressing and pathetic. I told you to go look it up if you don't believe me. I never said you had to. And your response is to simply appeal mindlessly to authority? Reevaluate your life.

Not a argument.

I have researched it for myself. And what came out of that is that your arguments are fucking nonsense.

That is pseudoscience as well. Still doesn't change the fact that they are going to melt if we don't change our way.

That's not how tings work. The world is shitholes because humans are flawed. There is always personal interest and ambition in the middle of it all, and even when intentions are purely selfless (which is extremely rare) that doesn't guaranty the result is gonna be good. Genuinely evil people is a minor problem in comparison with the flawed nature of human beings.

>The world is shitholes because humans are flawed.
yeah ok urobutcher
So nobody should have even the chance of having nice things ever because they can be misused, great idea.

They melted 10 years ago, read the studies you dumdum.