Was this """"""ninjutsu""""""" even talked about before it was used? Literally wasn't foreshadowed whatsoever

Was this """"""ninjutsu""""""" even talked about before it was used? Literally wasn't foreshadowed whatsoever

Attached: izanagipull.jpg (728x774, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ry8Y82sPo0E?t=426
imgur.com/a/BuTV6
youtube.com/watch?v=1WIjnkMsc7E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All eyes are different, speedreader

doesn't change the fact that it's an asspull

It's not as every single eye has a different and unique power. What, are they just going to tell the readers how epic eye powers they have 100 chapters before using them?

When will you pseduo-intellectuals realize not everything needs to be foreshadowed and stop calling every reveal an asspull?

To be fair, even if it was not established before that every single eye has different and unique power, the author could just say that oh yeah from this point on, now it is. It's pretty clear that the author came up with this 2 weeks before this chapter's deadline, and that's why these weekly shonen trash are so inconsitent and have terrible world building.
And also it's the reason why those shonen which don't do this stand out so much (like HxH sans o my rubber nen).

sharingan itself is an asspull retard

t. pseudo-intellectual

Except Mangekyo's were always different

Bait or retarded. Sharingan was well established. It's like saying that Naruto's Kyuubi power ups are asspulls

t.homo erectus

The Naruto universe is an asspull because it wasn't foreshadowed before it's introduction in chapter 1

didn't this moment come after the sasuke/danzo fight when the jutsu was established? I don't remember.
But yeah, the amount of sharingan bullshit was annoying.

Woah I'm a homo erectus? Why wasn't that foreshadowed? What a shitty asspull

Didn't danzo spam that shit with his sharingan arm?

yeah it was after Danzo, because Tobi's old mask gets destroyed here.

Kek

I never liked in HxH how nen came into play way late into the series. Didn't feel very organic to have the series main power system be introduced after several arcs.

It's only an asspull the first time it happens, the author knew this so he used it to kill her off.

then that should answer OP's question. Unless he would consider it an asspull back then as well.

Sorry but no, just because it was later confirmed that eyes were literally from a God it doesn't change the fact that everything that came from it wasn't an asspull.

SHE SHOULD HAVE WON
My rage is still burning

Is Kishimoto an asspull too?

Checked
She was low tier waifu material anyway

No because Jump foreshadowed him with the Naruto oneshot

You're trying too hard

t. pwned epic style

kill yourself narutard

I see this complaint a lot, but I don't think it's true. Granted I only watched the 2011 anime version, but for example when Kilua and Gon try to take the ball away from Netero during the exam, it was pretty clear he was forced to use nen there, and it was a way before its existence was ever mentioned.

youtu.be/ry8Y82sPo0E?t=426

>me seeing this thread

Attached: BBl0E4u.png (848x480, 239K)

>All eyes are different
>Izanagi is used by multiple different eyes

>it was pretty clear he was forced to use nen there
He used nen to run fast? Are you baiting?

Idk all I see is an old man hiding his true strenght. didn't really make me think about about a secret power system, especially a varied one like nen.
I guess it doesn't really matter because for the sake of the narrative only what the protagonist knows is important, but for a series that gets complimented for its worldbuilding I couldn't help but feel like any episode something new could have come out left field and jeopardize the stakes along with my investment.
Also side note, fuck me that looks ugly. I remember the ball fight was one of my favorite moments of the whole series, but the 2011 series looks so flat and dull, I hate this.
Guess I will never watch the infamous chimera ants arcs if I have to sit through a hundred episode of this visual garbage.

I mean, no, but it was first used long before the panel that you just posted.

I'm not baiting and yes he did. You can even see the smoking hole it left on the floor, and you can breifly see the aura too.

Izanagi isn't so much an eye power as it is a power derived from six paths chakra, which is derived from the eyes and the wood cells. Naruto was able to utilize a similar jutsu later on without a sharingan.

I enjoyed the 2011 anime thoroughly, but I really don't like how they did the chimera ant arc, the episodes just drag and drag and take forever, they recreated every single manga page complete with a narrator reading out the text too.
It's better to read that part instead so you can read it in a faster pace.

dude thats the friction of his foot with the floor which provoked the heat you dumbfuck

Yes, and? Normally these things don't happen just for launching yourself hard to catch a ball, but later in the series a certain universal energy form is introduced that is capable of enhancing human abilities to do just that, that also coincidentally involved auras. You're just pretending to be dense at this point, intentionally to fuck with me.

>winning against obito
>winning against a man
was a girl in the series,she was doomed from the start.

Attached: 9b7b44b789db3f626dc71cab3da7f469c77655c6v2_hq.jpg (822x1024, 88K)

There was no nen whatsoever in that scene. First of all pretty much almost every character introduced was already an "enhanced human" even without nen. Considering how Netero trained to achieve is strength are you telling me that he used nen in a game to catch the ball? Also remembe when gon headbutted him to make him lose the grip on the ball? All he did was to strength in the abs, was that also nen?

>Considering how Netero trained to achieve is strength are you telling me that he used nen in a game to catch the ball?
Yes.
That's why the scene presented this particular moment as such a big deal. Every hint is there to see that he was forced to cheat a bit and use nen to enchance that jump, even if only a tiny bit. This is to show that these two guys are pretty good, and will one day have the potential to be pretty strong.
Since it's never explicitly stated this is what happened, and the viewer can't know about nen at this point, you can interpret it as he didn't use it, but to me it's plain and simple that he did. The whole scene makes the most sense that way too.

did obito not first use it after itachi vs sasuke? when sasuke used amaterasu on him and he said something like "not even Itachi knew everything about me, if he did I'd be dead"

The amaterasu hit him on his goo side, so he might have just ejected it and replaced it with a white zetsu quickly too

that doesn't add up since that jutsu fucks up one of his eyes forever, and he has still both of them in op's panel.
idk what he used to survive amatersu back then. this
sounds as good an explanation as any other

They are already strong without nen

Unironically he was the only character in the entire series with zero asspulls.
>kamui space-time ninjutsu established during kakashi vs deidara (ch 276)
>kamui phasing ability established during sasuke vs deidara (ch 357)
>kamui self-teleportation established right after sasuke vs itachi (ch 396)
>hashirama arm established after sasuke vs danzo (ch 486)
Then since the moment he enters the battle in ch 560 to the end of the series he uses all of these consistently and has no other abilities.

Attached: kamui explained.jpg (969x2495, 774K)

Or maybe he used that phasing thingy power? Or even controlled amaterasu?

Danzo used it beforehand

Attached: Izanagi.gif (411x274, 1.75M)

Ot was foreshadowed when people started talking about Madara being alive when everyone knew he died. Obviously a jujitsu was responsible for this and he was mentioned to be back well before this scene.

You mean later.

sure why not. honestly both amaterasu and kamui were confusing, so I can't possibly imagine how they would play off each others

No. Danzou used it in chapter 479 and Tobi explained exactly what it was before using it against Konan in chapter 510.

have you even read the series?

Attached: fuu.gif (500x281, 2.3M)

Wrong. Sasuke vs Danzo starts at chapter 476 with Izanagi revealed a few chapters later, Tobi vs Paper girl is 509-511

Obito is shown to have a stock of sharingans when he takes danzo's body to try and get shisui's
I found the page. Dude has sharingans for days, but he only has 1 free eye socket to put them in.

Attached: Naruto v51 c482 - 13.png (960x1400, 410K)

>it's an asspull
it's fucking naruto dude

Asspull is a lazy criticism.
Any new plot event could be described as an asspull because holy shit! this didn't happen before.
People on this board like to treat "ass pull" like "plot hole". Like it's some kind of instant torpedo with "I win" written on it, except plot holes are easy to define and prove, an ass pull is just an opinion
Does every event in every story have to be foreshadowed to a satisfactory level for you to be satisfied?

>plot holes
>easy to define and prove
faggots overuse plot hole the same way they abuse asspull
tl;dr you're all faggots and I'm laughing at you

Attached: f2f1985c51bacb5666cc398286483ec0.webm (644x726, 2.48M)

No, idiots misuse plot hole, and it's easy to call them out on it.
A plot hole is something that contradicts the established setting. super easy to prove. Did something happen that was explicitly demonstrated to be impossible or did something that was demonstrated to be impossible just happen? That's a plot hole.
An asspull is just something you didn't know that you didn't like. If you don't like something, own it, don't try and represent it as some kind of objective writing flaw though.
It gives me the impression of insecurity. Like you think no one would listen to you if it was just your opinion,

what if I were to say, "unreliable narrator"

Attached: edf1c47237d319568dc06d42f138c640.jpg (855x1044, 167K)

>Did something happen that was explicitly demonstrated to be impossible or did something that was demonstrated to be impossible just happen?
Man that just came out as garbage.
The other type i was trying to write is "Did something that was demonstrated to be possible just not work anymore or no one tried it when they probably should have" aka "The Akira Toriyama"
What do you mean as a thing people call plot holes? Yeah that can be a grey area in a book but it's kind of obvious in a visual medium like anime or manga when you have a first person perspective or not.
Do people do a lot of discussion of literature here?

sometimes but it's 6 am and I'm not really feeling it so I'm going to post smugs at you until you admit defeat

Attached: 117a07a16494a3d449b6e5e1c2b88bfd.webm (1280x720, 243K)

People just try to sound smart, let them be.
I lost all my faith in this fanbase when i saw a dude calling Sasuke not deciding to go back and protect the village like Itachi wanted after it was revealed that Konoha ordered to massacre his family "a plot hole".

>Do people do a lot of discussion of literature here?
only in HxH threads

I changed my mind
>only in HxH threads

Attached: 1aa7452c690c329f6aa1e06a7d4b1354.jpg (960x720, 89K)

>that entire side of his face is scorched after her first explosion blew through the mask and his arm
>somehow his eye is completely fine
This shit is nearly as dumb as the great snake escape.

Nah, they were just shitty paper bombs. Guys like Kiba and Akamaru have survived direct paper bomb hits relatively unscathed. She planned on 600 billion for the actual kill. Nothing will ever be even one tenth as stupid as the snake escape.
>explosion covering 10 kilometer radius detonates meters from sasuke's face
>sasuke doesn't even have enough chakra to activate regular sharingan
>somehow summons manda and puts him under a genjutsu

nah, he caught the fire so even if he travels to kamui the fire would still be in the clothes/skin

Those "shitty paper bombs" blew off one of his arms and completely roasted his face while failing to harm the eye, the easiest spot for them to hurt. As for the snake escape, I guess Deidara was blowing smoke in the end.

>>sasuke doesn't even have enough chakra to activate regular sharingan
>>somehow summons manda and puts him under a genjutsu
Sasuke could just turned off his Sharingan to save chakra, or have chakra for the summon sealed in an arm like he does with kunai

>Was this """"""ninjutsu""""""" even talked about before it was used?
Literally the biggest feature in the sasuke v Danzo fight. Can we ban obvious speed readers?

Namedropping literature is not discussion of said material.

Attached: 1418438980801.jpg (3000x3000, 2.82M)

>Sasuke could just turned off his Sharingan to save chakra
Save what chakra? He was already out. Sasuke is never shown or hinted to have some sort of god-tier chakra regen, mostly because Kishimoto just treated chakra levels as a handwave author trick to decide how fights go.

>Can we ban obvious speed readers?
No the only way to fix the problem is to ban all discussion of battle shounen, or make it a new board.

You can never make a perfect community by exiling the undesirables.
Those that were once merely bearable become the new undesirables.
The problem is in you.
My guess of who will be the next thing ruining Yea Forums after battle shounen fags is Isekai. After that i dunno but it'll keep happening until you chill out

Attached: Boruto37CP.jpg (1920x2921, 1.04M)

Sasu had unlimited chakra after the Itachi fight. Kishi completely threw chakra levels out the window

Naruto used to be a bannable offense on Yea Forums and the board was far better for it.
Take your vague political philosophies and choke on them, battle shounens by their very nature attract a type of crowd that discourages the kind of careful pruning of material that leads to good discussion. Ban the "discussion" of said material and the audience that only comes here for battle shounen shit will leave. If you want to maintain a quality community, you much always be pruning away undesirable growths. Only through careful care and moderation can quality discourse be maintained in a community.

>He was already out
headcanon, Deidara was the narrator who told us Sasuke was out. Sasuke said nothing.
>can't into shonenshit level unreliable narrator
LMAO

>Best boi only gets a couple (albeit, pretty good) arcs
>No Ina-Shika-Cho spin off

Absolutely unforgiveable

Attached: Shika.jpg (603x367, 43K)

The real hokage

it was the worst in the war when everyone fought for 3 days straight and chakra was never a problem for anyone
>Kakashi stated to have low-tier chakra levels
>Susano'o stated to be extremely chakra-intensive, other users show definite fatigue immediately upon summoning it (pre-war)
>Obito's ghost gives Kakashi another eye from beyond the grave and suddenly Kakashi's flying around fighting chakra-God in susano'o, shooting shuriken-shaped laser made out of spatial dimension warp
Very cool manga about ninjas, Kishimoto. Excellent job establishing tone and the rules of the setting.

Fuu a cute

Attached: 456a6d32569367b85144925ec3bec32f.png (676x1183, 238K)

Reminder that shinobi system is shit and ED 33 is still the best one
imgur.com/a/BuTV6
youtube.com/watch?v=1WIjnkMsc7E

I mean yeah, early Naruto Kakashi said he didn't have great chakra levels, but you can increase your limit through training, which Kakashi obviously did. Obviously he learned to use Kamui much more efficiently as well, which probably reduced some of the chakra he needed to use.

Yeah magic eyeballs in this series are super durable. Not sure what the problem is. You can't take out someone's eye, put it in your own eye socket and use it near perfectly in real life either.

He absorbed it.

Attached: 4d17ab458969fbc2c3d48c402450fdda1f52e3a0_146585_800_1144.jpg (800x1144, 151K)

What the fuck did you just say against my wife with your shit eating urine gargling mouth?

Who is the highest tier wife objectively? Not waifu but wife.

Konan. Always. She'll take care of you when you are sick(canon), and she is extremely loyal. More than that she is arguably among the top female fighters with only Mei, as she's a hard counter, and maybe Tsunade being stronger.

Kushina may also give her a challenge as the strongest.

Add to this she is smoking hot as fucking as well, even sexier than both Mei, Hinata, and teenage Tsunade combined. Maybe only Kushina can top her.

>Woah I'm a homo erectus? Why wasn't that foreshadowed?
it was, you just speedread so much you didn't even look at your parents

This scene WAS the foreshadowing of it you moron.
Konan was a garbage character who was thrown away in this scene to introduce the Izanagi

Most Naruto asspulls occured after Pain died. Basically the fight against Madara+Obito started a shitfest of asspulls and the final fight with Kakashi pulling a double sharingan and a susanoo was over the top.
>still, read it all anyway cause why the fuck not

Kushina. The thing she does where she wraps around Minato and kicks her legs is cute as fuck.

Attached: cute.gif (500x388, 1.95M)

Just a reminder that Naruto jutsus and powers are all based on Japanese mythology (and Indian mythology, like the paths of pain). That's why Kaguya is there, that's why Izanagi and Izanami are there, that's why Susanoo is there. These are all important in Japanese folklore.

Sharingan is a mistake.

I'm not sure why do huntertards keep boasting symbolism so much when Naruto basically fucking blows it in terms of that. It's just that this fanbase is too retarded to explore it, unfortunately

Cause they have to waste time someway while waiting for hiatus to end.

Kushina or Hinata from genes standpoint. And Kushina for everything. It's canon that the fiery habanero is the most beautiful woman in the anime and she was a good wife as well. Sweet, can cook, and will probably beat every other female ninja out there with her imbalanced jutsu. She singlehandedly incapacitated the Kyubi AFTER GIVING BIRTH.

I think, main reason is because symbolism in HxH applied in thematical ways, not just naming your powers like gods from Japanese mythology

Attached: 1550230707982.png (500x675, 177K)

Because :
1_we want to do something useful regarding the series while waiting for chapters
2_ Naruto fanbase is mostly full of powerfags and shippers and nobody mentions anything philosophical besides what's have been said clearly to them like the case with pain.

Attached: a74b9a128fa3197b9fdd0576076c044a.jpg (604x340, 49K)

He used kamui. It's even in the official materials.

This happens in Naruto too
Remember the Yamato no Orochi myth

I'm a narutard and this, unfortunately

>we want to do something useful regarding the series while waiting for chapters
i'm surprised you haven't found a job yet considering you've been waiting for months for a new chapter

That's not true. The Hunter"chad" I know has a job filling in sidewalks with cement.

I'm 17 years old, I don't need a job yet

>obligatory "Yea Forums is 18+" reply

Why is she so flat?

You mean he

Sharingan is not an asspull, Amaterasu and Susano were not asspulls, even Kotoamatsukami wasn't an asspull, however Izanagi and Izanami were

The Uchiha had to be able to keep up with the Senju somehow

>having any faith in fanbase that consists of edgy 12yo teens and shippertrash

Canonically the highest tier waifu in existence,no one can compete this perfection.

Attached: thebestone.jpg (1280x1828, 408K)

Yeah,this fanbase is utter shit. But so is most in Yea Forums.

I watched the land of the greens/vegetables filler last night, she had a pretty great moment in it in the second to last episode, the filler was great all around until the end, it was interesting seeing naruto up against an enemy who is far too overpowered for him and he can't actually do anything about it.

Attached: 1563803614346.gif (500x375, 841K)

What filler episodes are they? I was just rewatching the fillers an hour ago,203-206 episodes of the original series. Hinata had some good moments their too.

Attached: buygybb.png (1366x788, 1.32M)

187-191 of part 1, 190 is the one with her fight.

Thanks. I need to download the rest of part one filler,haven't watched them in 5 years. I wanted to see more of Hinata hence why I thought it would be good to rewatch it.

Attached: rocklee1.jpg (1200x675, 137K)

Danzo had used it before

Even better

This bra is unnecessary, she don't have boobs yet...

Attached: flat_flat.png (619x1542, 586K)

No, he's wrong. Fuu is a girl.

Top tier boobs and booty

Attached: 1562802782819.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

The difference between a surprising reveal and an asspull (I hate that term but will live with it) is the importance to the plot and the scale of it.
Obito was important to the plot and for the story that Kishimoto was writing couldn't be killed off by a side character. Then Kishimoto decided to write the side character (Konan) as very competent and intelligent - seemingly more so than Obito.
Because Kishimoto is a poor writer, instead of having Obito win through reasonable manners or by using unique techniques, Kishimoto decided to create a technique that pretty much only Obito could use (he was the only one that knew how to do it at this point), had no consequences for the character, and only worked to prove that realistically Obito lost that fight hard.
The scale of the reveal is also important. A character revealing that they were 'holding back' or something in that vein is different than a character revealing that they have a 'get out of death free card'.

Isn't everything that comes from a fantasy series then technically an asspull because there are things that don't follow the same rules as our world and unless you explicitly state how everything works before hand its going to be a surprise?

I misspoke when saying that Kishi created that technique for him for that fight. The technique already existed, just there was no reason to think that Obito, then Madara, could use it, had another eye to use it with, and that it was a technique tied directly to the sharingan. And that it let him survive death for as long as it did, rather than just saving him from an instant of death.

>an asspull
No because an asspull is generally a synonym of deus/diabolus ex machina.

There's nothing wrong with revealing Obito was a monster using Izanagi aka both Uchiha and Senju powers.
The problem was never using the power again after establishing he could do it.

Also I believe he rewrote himself somewhere else like Danzo used to do.

Eh its still better than Bleach.

Unless that somewhere else was on the other side of the nation he was fucked at that point. If Izanagi was able to do that, then its far more over powered than is believable. As is the total lack of its usage later in the series.

There is no reason to think that the Izanagi is tied to both Uchiha and Senju powers. Danzo needed the arm so that his body could survive the eyes, and Obito needed the Senju cells to survive. the power was described as something that any Uchiha who knew what they were doing could do. Itachi used the other one, whatever the fuck it was called, the one that trapped you in a loop, without having any Senju cells.

But most of the time I see it used on Yea Forums it's for things which have been foreshadowed and sometimes even outright explained before.

The papers explosions didn't go that far. When Danzo "died", he respawned somewhere else. It's not too far-fetched to say that sacrificing one of his eye, Obito respawned 500 meters away from the hole.

Doesn't izangi completely fuck up that eye for good and absorb a shit load of chakra. Simply put its a last resort technique. It makes sense why you might use in in a one on one battle but not in the middle of a war.

Madara, provided he still had a sharingan, which is likely, could have used that to escape the Black Zetsu.

Could I call myself a Hinatabro when I have yet to watch this arc after 5 years? I'm ashamed of myself.

Attached: 453-4535822_hinata-naruto-and-hinata-hinata-hyuga-uzumaki-boruto.png (468x758, 283K)

I think Madara was shocked that he was essentially being played for close to a century.

She uses a bra to prevent nipple bump

Attached: sarrada.png (1219x1080, 1.89M)

Yes user, im sure he was able to increase his chakra tenfold since at the start of shippuden he could only use kamui 4 times before collpasing yet later on his spamming it like its nothing!

>we want to do something useful regarding the series while waiting for chapters
Is that why you’re constantly forcing it in every thread on Yea Forums as if you need to remind people that it exists?

Kakashi mentioned that Obito also gave him his leftover Six Paths chakra from when he was the Ten Tails Jinchuriki, speedreader-kun.

Choose

Attached: beach_bitches.jpg (1920x1939, 397K)

Attached: Beachnata.png (494x618, 704K)

I want to kiss Madara on the lips

I miss when Tobi was just a goofball henchman hanging around Deidara.

I think anyone with a high IQ can agree Hinata is the worst.

They really should have capitalized more on using Tsunade. Having a big titty powerhouse character and making her lose is a disservice.

Why she never married? I understand that both Dan and Jiraya died, but she should still repopulate Senju clan.

By the time Jiraya died she was way over the hill.

Probably. Menopause hits around 50 I guess.

I hate Boruto because I love Naruto

>The problem was never using the power again
No, that part makes sense. It can only be used once without having to find another eye. He used it against Konan because it was a 1v1, he knew no one else would come to kill him after using it, and he knew she had nothing else up her sleeve after 600 billion paper bombs so it was safe to use. He was also there in the first place to obtain a superior eye, so sacrificing an eye was meaningless to him. His next conflict was during the war against multiple opponents, he can't risk sacrificing an eye there. Plus at that point he had rinnegan which can't use Izanagi, so his only choice would be to sacrifice his original eye, and he would never do that since Kamui was his ace. Even when he becomes juubi jinchuuriki and obtains all that power he laments not being able to use Kamui, and later Kamui clowns both jinchuuriki Madara and fucking Kaguya. He would never waste his original eyes on a one-shot Izanagi.

rent free

Izanami and the end of the Kabuto fight is by far the worst asspull and conclusion to a fight in the entire series

This.
It shouldn't even have worked without active Izanagi.

it's part of her cuteness

Attached: d8e05ly-3f87bd63-a8bd-42d9-8151-cd8f0c10e1b9.jpg (715x678, 64K)

When will you shonenbabies stop defending bad writing

It was mentioned in the first arc

At least she have a nice booty, just like my girl

Attached: Plump_butt.png (1280x720, 1.04M)

Izanagi can be used by anyone with a sharingan. Danzo used it like a million times the first time we saw it. And that dummy still lost.

he was fighting against the supreme edgelord of asspulls. he never stood a chance

Not as big of an asspull as the izanami shit.

Izanagi appeared before Tobi used it against Konan