Baki

What did he do to end up in prison anyway? Was it for injuring that dirty cop?

Attached: Oliva_profile.png (430x430, 216K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/user/JRMYXD/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no it was because he's black

itagaki is very socially conscious

He molested Gattsu.

>baki thread

While this is up... I really wish someone would translate Dogesen, or at least one chapter just because I want to see what EXTREME groveling is all about

Attached: dogesenmousepad_fixw_640_hq.jpg (454x509, 113K)

Doyle lives, so do the rest of the inmates.
Giganigga didn't kill him.
Convict Arc 2 coming soon.
Get hyped.

Attached: Za3Ov4Q.jpg (844x1200, 295K)

He probably entered prison on his own.

He worked for the Government as a "fixer"
Maybe they felt he was too dangerous to just be roaming the streets after seeing what he was capable of on his jobs and arrested him.

I downloaded the soundtrack today. its weightlifting kino.

Attached: 1500359692352.jpg (491x785, 155K)

Based but Oliver is one of the good ones.
I almost NEVER say this about blacks.

There exist no proper digital raws of Dogesen. It was never released for digital purchase, and the scans available online are somewhat troubled in places. I've spent a little bit of time across this last week or so trying to find a way to make a group other than our own to scanlate Dogesen, but it's just such a pain to convince anyone of involvement when the pages needed for a spread look like this.

I could probably try to do with Dogesen something akin to what I did with Grappler here, but I doubt that very many people would be happy about it. Moreover, I would sincerely like for a more experienced/native translator to at least help with the text. Dogesen's dialogue is significantly more 'idiomatic', inherently Japanese than is the text of Baki. There's no way that I can honestly profess the ability to translate to considerable effect a phrase like 雪中土下達磨. I would want fucking Arstavial or SystematicChaos to have to spend time reasoning out actuatable translations for lines like that, not me.

Attached: back.jpg (2325x1600, 3.04M)

What happened to the guy in the phone booth jack and sikorsky were fighting in? Did his gf break up with him? Did he died?

Jobliva?

jesus christ! that broken anatomy

convicts vs rikishis lets do it

well yeah, the dude got limb lengthening surgery. his limbs are supposed to be too long

>OAD M07
LET'S FUCKING GOOOO

"FOOTWORK' is my go to hype song from the album right now. its groovy as hell. I think its ali jr's theme

Funniest baki moment? my favorite so far was when everybody was hiding in pickle's enclosure so they could be the first ones to fight him

Attached: CheGuevara.jpg (221x350, 36K)

>free housing
>free servants
>can walk out whenever he pleases
probably just felt like it

What's the "bad shit happening" theme of this show?

The fuck is Sikorsky doing here? A fly on the wall impression?

Attached: 6HEGWJT.jpg (844x1200, 219K)

theres that moment that baki fights doppo very early on in the series, and when he dodges doppo's punch he gives him a little smooch on his knuckles

For being a black body just tryna live his life in ameriKKKa

He’s doing his best

Jack going through the glass door

Attached: baki-ova.gif (500x376, 887K)

Friendly reminder that under no circumstances should Oliva lose in a battle of strength given his caloric intake and muscle building exercices to maintain that form. His "fight" with Yujiro was pure bullshit and Sukune is just fan service garbage

cute

You know what, I'm doing a random Dogesen. The poster at the top spurred me.
All you really need to know to read this is that, by this point, the students are aware of the protagonist and what he's all about.

It pains me that I have to bother to say: don't use this script for your own scanlation efforts. These are my personal drafts, which I write for Yea Forums.

Chapter 8: Prayer Pose

Attached: Dogesen02_005.jpg (991x1439, 479K)

Am I alone in feeling like the overall series gets worse with each new entry?

>Sign: "Surgery in progress"
>?: The intersection there is blind, and....
>?: A two-ton truck caught the bicycle she was riding...

Attached: Dogesen02_006.jpg (990x1439, 332K)

>Narrator: Senior at Kashinomiya, Class 2-B: Shukusawa Kejime

Attached: Dogesen02_007.jpg (994x1440, 414K)

Attached: Dogesen02_008.jpg (992x1441, 377K)

Attached: Dogesen02_009.jpg (992x1442, 445K)

>Kejime: Seto...

Attached: Dogesen02_010.jpg (991x1439, 376K)

>Seto: Don't have your mother die.
>K: What'd you... just say!?

Attached: Dogesen02_011.jpg (995x1444, 405K)

Attached: 1555727030434.jpg (933x621, 110K)

>S: I'm asking you...
>S: If you mean to kill your mother.
>K: Wh... what?
>S: That isn't how you pose to pray for your own mother.

Attached: Dogesen02_012.jpg (991x1440, 338K)

>S: This is no time to be sitting in a chair.
>K: Like this?
>S: You're holding your head up high.
>K: Up high...?
>S: Down more.

Attached: Dogesen02_013.jpg (995x1441, 377K)

>K: I'm gonna...
>K: Fall if I... go-
>K: Ah!
>S: There you go.

Attached: Dogesen02_014.jpg (991x1440, 401K)

>Guy: Shukusawa!
>G: Seto!?
>S: Remember.
>S: Remember being in that amniotic fluid.

Attached: Dogesen02_015.jpg (995x1441, 388K)

>S: Yes, that!!!
>S: The pose you once stayed in...
>S: For 10 months!

Attached: Dogesen02_016-017.jpg (2046x1448, 1.75M)

>K: This is...
>K: Just a normal...
>K: Do-....
>S: Now, that's it.
>S: That's the proper prayer pose.

TN: The kanji reads "proper prayer dogeza".

Attached: Dogesen02_018.jpg (991x1439, 329K)

>G: So, he ended up doing that.
>S: Now, I'll join you...

Attached: Dogesen02_019.jpg (992x1440, 401K)

>S: With me as an assistant dogeshi...
>S: Let's pray together.
>S: You evolved from a microbial organism...
>S: To a fish...
>S: To a vertebrate.

TN: "Dogeshi" is just 'dogeza doer' Though, look at how it's written.

Attached: Dogesen02_020.jpg (993x1440, 304K)

>S: Retrace those 300-some days!

Attached: Dogesen02_021.jpg (998x1444, 505K)

>Nurse: Huh?
>G: The sound of the rain...
>G: Stopped!?

Attached: Dogesen02_022.jpg (988x1442, 357K)

Attached: Dogesen02_023.jpg (995x1443, 439K)

>Surgeon: ...Huh?
>K: SENSEI!
>K: HOW'S MY MOM!?

Attached: Dogesen02_024.jpg (990x1441, 357K)

>Su: Haha...
>Su: The operation was a success.
>K: OOOOOOHHHH!
>S: Alright, then, I'm off.

Attached: Dogesen02_025.jpg (992x1441, 399K)

>K: Seriously, man... thank you so much!
>G: What, no dogeza?
>G: Doc,
>G: You're a miracle worker!
>Su: Oh, now~...
>Su: It was just a simple fracture.
End Prayer Pose.

Attached: Dogesen02_026.jpg (984x1439, 406K)

How many illegitimate sons all over the world does Yujiro have and why do we only know of 2 of them?

dou is off another week? fuck.

After this week's chapter, yes.

That's nothing.
Most of my favorite mangas are monthly.

wait this manga is still ongoing? i thought it ended with his father's fight?

Probably an old habit or something of him. Remember, this nigger climbed through that big ass hole to escape prison. So he probably practiced that shit, maybe in the same way he does here.

But at least you'll have more content with those once they do release. Weekly manga chapters are no longer than usual no matter how many breaks

Is it me or is the art in this not as good as Baki?

Has to be Confrontation

It looks like early Baki art

Half of the scenes look like Ito and Itagaki mixed together. Mostly Itagaki, but to me there are little bits of Ito's line work and expressions that show up.
But I might be finding things that aren't there.

Dogesen was published from 2010-2011 which was near the end of SoO which has way better art than this. Also who is Rin and why are they credited as the artist of Dogesen?

Ito?
There's no Ito credited as working on Dogesen, to the best of my knowledge.

Attached: Dogesen02_183.jpg (984x1439, 371K)

I mean it resembles Baki art from the early 90s.

Yeah I know and Dogesen is from 2010-2011 so why did he regress so much?

him sleepy

I've only just now found a real interview about the whole situation, and I'm reading through it at the moment. It seems that RIN worked at the same magazine as Itagaki years before Baki was ever serialized. They became close friends, but RIN stopped making money as a mangaka and was preparing to quit to return to the regular workforce. In the end, instead of doing that, he asked Itagaki to draw something about a teacher for him.

Only one of Itagaki's assistants is listed as working on the art, alongside four of Rin's assistants who presumably had never worked with Itagaki before. Maybe that's why.

Huh. Maybe had a better handle on this than I thought.

>Itagaki: In the magazine, they put it down with the gentle expression of it being "a difference in perspective on dogeza" but, in reality, it was primarily a difference in perspective on work.

-Could you elaborate a little on what you mean by "perspective on work".

>Itagaki: More specifically - we had different views on what was the acceptable level for the various components of the product, like the art and composition. My name would be printed on it, too, and I couldn't have things that didn't meet my standards going out into the world, so I would point things out and say, 'this would better if it's this way, so correct it,' but he had his standards and would say, 'it's fine like this,' and wouldn't budge for my suggestions. It quickly got to where I'd get back 'this much should be good enough' low-standard fixes.

Attached: photo01.jpg (400x600, 128K)

That was Yuujiro

Why do the subtitles tell a different story in places than the dialogue? Who got it wrong? Is this a good thing?

Looking up Shaman pages it does seem like the art got a lot better so I guess this explains that

Also, apparently, when Kudou Kankurou ("Kudokan") wrote a film entitled "The Apology King" in 2013, RIN flipped out, publicly claimed plagiarism, and made several online statements like "If I saw Kudou Kankurou on the street I'd want to punch him".

RIN recanted his claim after a while, but that's kind of insane.

>best boy doyle lives
good, he's my favorite character

Che and Oliva fucking Baki up for talking shit

Sleep climbing, it's how he became the world's greatest climber. I'm surprised he wasn't written being more brutal honestly, a guy with grip strength like that could pull the skin from a person's body with ease.

sikorsky was such a waste he deserved better

the real testament to the arc was Yujiro's reminisccence that he could've alone slaughtered all of them not breaking a sweat

Attached: EBmNKeEVAAAa1T5.jpg (799x1200, 128K)

Hanayama and Memetobe crack me up

Not really. Character wise there was nothing else going on for him.

Not yet, there wasn't. What was there for any of them before their respective big fights?

Baki's dad showing up while he's having sex with the girl.

i've found some (on mangarock/mangareader, something quite popular anyway) until chapter 4

It's fun and badass until the main character admit in front of everyone he fantasize and masturbate himself on all his students (he is a teacher) then have a monstruous erection in front of the whole class

It’s exactly that. In this «prison », Oliva have absolutely everything he want from the USA so he has no reason to act in a criminal way and isn’t a danger/bully for the government.
The small « price » he has to pay is that he have to beat up criminals time to time

He's in prison because he's too dangerous to be on the streets
They'd definitely lock up Yujiro if they could
The fact that he doesn't just walk out despite him being very much capable of doing that easily proves he's a willing prisoner

Glory hole

the guy spent his time being destroyed by Baki :(

Unca Tom decided to play the Man's game. See where that shit got him baka

That's Shaman, not Dogesen.

not to mention privacy and luxury conditions for his waifu

What is this page from ? Is it Baki-Dou ?

Anyone have the webm of this guy punching a wall? It was really impressive
It's from a bunch of one shots about what happened to the convicts after their defeat. Surprise! None of them are dead

Well, i doubt it's shaman, except if they share the same main character, and if both use Dogeza

He stole a bike.

I can't tell whether or not that was an attempt at sardonicism.
It was Shaman.

>There exist no proper digital raws of Dogesen
There's a torrent on nyaa for vol2... with 0 seeds

could the first chapter be out on an official site? I know there's a video that shows off one of the chapters but that would probably be an even bigger pain

underrated post

Do you have a link to these one shots ?

Read the rest of my post.
All of the volumes are online - and in the mega - they just aren't 'digital raws', so to speak. Some idiot purchased the physical volumes and poorly scanned them.

I'm afraid I don't, I only found them through this YouTube channel
m.youtube.com/user/JRMYXD/

I've posted literally every single chapter of Revenge Tokyo here at least once.

Do you think the Revenge Tokyo chapters will lead to a new convict arc in the future? Why else even randomly dig these characters up after years of irrelevance?

Attached: i-072.jpg (835x1200, 471K)

New series started with cloning Miyamoto Musashi and then putting his recalled ghost into the body to basically be Pickle 2.0.

Is that fucking Eddie Murphy?

Attached: MV5BMTc0NDQzODAwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzUzNTk3._V1_UY1200_CR112,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg (630x1200, 70K)

I was talking about Junji Ito, that horror mangaka.
Some of the pages, to me, had shades of his art style in them. This is most probably totally unintentional, and could even be me imagining things.

It's possible that Rin or one of Rin's assistants worked for Junji Ito. Who knows?

I've only just realized the edit potential for this image.
I'd like for the thread to die with this.

Attached: doc.jpg (843x440, 290K)