The Great Debate

>One Piece
+ best world building of all shonen in existence
+ insanely huge and entertaining cast of of main and side characters of which most are actually relevant for the story in some way or form
+ top tier antagonists
+ has humor wether it appeals to you or not
+ knows how and when to place tragic storylines
+ swifts in tone are very well done, can go from dark to sad to humorous
+ top tier foreshadowing
+ arcs have consistently good quality storywise
+ pretty decent fanservice
- mid tier quality art AT BEST
- repetitive, a few arcs share certain similarities with each other
- main cast doesn't explicitely achieve character growth, they all have their certain quriks and characteristics that pull through the entire series without much change
- battles are simple, its often a clash of pure strenght and wills with not much more to it.

>HxH
+ Dwells into deeper layers of characters, motivations, thoughts and emotions are explored
+ main cast gets some actual character development
+ god tier antagonists
+ CA is storywise one of the best arcs in manga history
+ complex nen system which makes fights unpredictable and exciting
+ we have absolutely no idea where the story is going
- we have absolutely no idea where the story is going
- complex nen system which can be argued to be to complex. Also easily allows asspulls
- no humour
- no fanservice
- barely any world building
- art is mostly scribbles, anons will try to dismantle this argument by posting one out of maybe five shots where Togashi actually tried
- shit paneling, include often huge exposition dumps, everything gets put into words to make sure everyone understands whats going on

I tried to make this even but after a time I couldn't come up with new stuff for HxH while it just kept coming in for OP. CA arc was probably better than any arc One Piece has to offer but other than that One Piece steamrolls with consistently high quality arcs and sheer quanitity.

Discuss.

Attached: hxh vs op.jpg (1010x888, 136K)

>OP and HxH are the only good series left in WSJ
>both are 20+ years old
What does this say about the mangazine? Is jump moving away from maturity by making the newer series standard shounenshit?

Attached: The Big Two.jpg (706x1024, 236K)

I don't really care for either of the post TS.

>One Piece
Gets new chapters

>HXH
Doesn't get new chapters

They are both shit

>- no humour
Have you not noticed Nobunaga's entire existence?

They are both wildly inconsistent

>- no fanservice
For you.

>- mid tier quality art AT BEST
Plebfiltered

>the absolute state of shonenfags.

>shit paneling
When will they learn

Attached: Paneling.jpg (3891x1247, 936K)

>One Piece in uninspired and ineffective
plebfiltered

Whats your argument? telling us Togashit cant even draw inside the panels? thast something an elemantery student should be able of

Damn, Togashi makes the others look like amateurs.

based

So the secret is to have characters bleed into other panels, I guess?

One Piece is consistent to a fault because Oda likes to reuse ideas. Sometimes it works (Arlong Park and Fishman Island) othet times it doesn't (Robin and Sanji literally having the same scene with them crying to Luffy)

for me? Its jojo.

Attached: Black Hole Sun.gif (301x385, 3.69M)

OP
>+ top tier antagonists
meh it´s a mixed bag. Doffy was just a spoiled brat, but Lucci and Hody were good

>+ knows how and when to place tragic storylines
if you mean everytime to every character at every point

>+ arcs have consistently good quality storywise
running and waiting of characters meeting up is 80% of the arc plot. It´s just permanent stalling and roadblocks.

>- mid tier quality art AT BEST
cant expect more of weekly release

HXH

>+ complex nen system which makes fights unpredictable and exciting
Togashi threw the concept it out of the window when he introduced "Vow and restrictions" and now we have stands so nen as a concept is meaningless now

>- no humour
remember when Leorio got president just because everyone wanted to punch GING as badly as he did

but you´re mostly right
HXH would work better as a visual novel.
And OP needs more chapters without scene change,
so we dont have 6 storythreads going at snail pase at the same time over a year without finishing.

Even though One Piece has had repetitive shit because of the 950+ chapters, its superior in my opinion because of its drama.
Dramatization is Oda's strength...
The Gon-Killua friendship is a great one and all that but at the end of the day hunter x hunter is a manga about psychopaths like Ging, Pariston, Netero, Hisoka, playing psychotic games and winning stupid prices.
While one piece is about society's outcasts coming together and forming a family.
At the end of the day, the conclusion of the greatest hxh arc is that humans are worse than the ants and the protagonist threatens to kill a little girl...(which I respect as a storyline), but at the end of the day One Piece is about uplifting the human spirit and even giving soul to objects like a fucking ship.
So togashi ends up looking like a soulless mathematician compared to the romantic poet that Oda is.

> hunter x hunter is a manga about psychopaths like Ging, Pariston, Netero, Hisoka, playing psychotic games and winning stupid prices.
Found the retard.

Thats literally what the manga is about.
Ging tells Gon "I am looking for what is not in front of me".. meaning the characters keep looking for a new challenge...
Gon gets in the video game to have fun.
Hisoka tries to fight Kuroro to get the ultimate challege
Pariston takes part in the elections because its like a game to him.
Netero hired Pariston because he was interesting to play with....and basicallly every character acts like this, playing crazy games for the lols.

Holy shit I never thought about it like this.

Attached: tenor (3).gif_new_new.gif (498x278, 1.29M)

Only mentally stable person in HxH verse is Chrollo.

Attached: 15574689884.jpg (300x300, 63K)

>no fanservice

Attached: cover14.jpg (1275x717, 280K)

ban Yea Forums from Yea Forums

So what is the most useful Shounen ability, Nen, Haki, Stands or Jutsu?

>kills several innocents just to attack Hisoka, and couldn't even get the job done
nah

You just posted reasons why HxH is better than One Piece

What the fuck is Nepec?

Attached: 57F7DAAA-13DF-4968-B81E-7AB3D80A7E1F.jpg (640x480, 32K)

That does not make them psychopaths, you dumb sheep.

There isn't much moral ambiguity in one piece, only once in 952 chapters Hannyabal tells Luffy "you are a scumbag inspiring fear on citizens" , yet it still manages to be superior to hxh just like lord of the rings is superior to game of thrones. Just by epic characters and quality storytelling.

yum. cherries.

Attached: kakyoin.png (1870x1560, 2.31M)

Don't show me this trash

Attached: Prince4Displeased.jpg (330x400, 90K)

If you can get your hand on a Godlike Devil Fruit like OP OP no Mi or Nikyu Nikyu no Mi, you would be unstoppable.

I prefer asoiaf over the boring elves dwarfs garbage tlor.

good art is taboo around huntercucks

>Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water.
Great writing desu

Dr stone and TPN are way better

>+ best world building of all shonen in existence
no.